Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Elven team in Campaign Elves vs Dwarves -- Dwarves and Gnomes Keep Out (Inactive)

Game Master Chainmail

An old school homebrew campaign for a party of Elves. They will interact with a party of dwarves on an increasing basis.
Current map


2,051 to 2,100 of 3,750 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>

Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Suny drifts towards the shore............


DM roll:
Diplomatic rolls for Seaview High=good 1d20 ⇒ 1

The news you receive as the prince invites you to the inner chambers of the palace is quite disturbing. The Rovagug cultists have spread their religion of destruction throughout the jungle. They have even a disciple of Rovagug preaching out in the farmlands nearby.

Efforts to convince the neighboring tribesmen to ally with Seaview have been unsuccessful. Many believe in the power of the Destroyer.

There is also a cryptic message from the cultists that was delivered. 'Interfere with us and the dryad dies.'


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

A note about Wil, he doesn't preach his religion all the time or seek to convert people. Now if people ask who his symbol stands for he will tell them and if it goes on from there its more like a pleasant chat then forcing his beliefs on others. He's very passive in his belief. :)


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Suny will spend some small time simply wandering along the shores. Dabbling amongst the waves when she can.

She will also use the time to approach and talk to the local fisher folk and pass the time and such, comparing tales and stories with them.


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

Upon hearing the news Elorin becomes visibly angry. in Sylvan "Interfere, INTERFERE! I'll rip their lives from them so fast they wont have time to realize they are dead!"

She paces and breathes heavily. She clearly looks like she is about to explode and is physically shaking. After a few uncountable minutes of pacing she will sit down (if possible where we are).


HP 23/51, AC 26, CMD 25, Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4

Azlain had rejoined his companions in the morning looking quite a bit better. His bandages had been changed and while they had already shown a few spots of red seepage at the neck and shoulders, they looked quite a bit better than the brown-red that had consumed the ones he'd worn the day before. He'd even managed to scrub the majority of the troll blood from his armor and tunic.

He stayed near Wil when they had met with the human royal, saying nothing, and nodding politely in a half bow when he had been introduced. The prince was not his prince, after all.

When Elorin became upset, Azlain looked to Wil. "I do not understand. Does someone hold hostages against her church? Against us?"


Male Elf Ranger 4

At the news of the Rovagug cultists influence spreading, Talon grimaces. Worse news was hard to envision. Especially if they had a disciple in the nearby area.

As callous and harsh as it sounded, it might be worth tracking down the cultist and killing him or driving him out of this place

Shaking his head as the thought crosses his mind, memories of the cave and the closing darkness cause his heartbeat to raise. It would not be good if they were to go back to that jungle and die. The elven nation needed to know so that they might make their own preparations.

The Rovagug cultists hold a dryad... a forest sprit in captivity. We nearly lost our lives going there once, although I believe we would all like to see her freed again. No forest spirit deserves to be held in the manner they are.

To the Prince in Common
If you were to give us the location of the Rovagug disciple, we might be able to minimise the damage that the man has already done. At the very least we can try. We have met these people before, and unfortunately it did not go well for us then. I suspect our strength is not yet enough to try again. Caution and a little patience is the way to go here. I know that is something that the younger races occasionally find difficult.

He too paces, and then excuses himself. I will see to the boats and make sure we are able to depart quickly. We have business to attend to at home. We will however pass on the news.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Seltyn remembers too well the nightmare of being bested by the cultists.

Talon is wise. We must do something about the cult, but we'll have to do better than letting them choose the terms of battle. We will get our revenge, and rescue the fair one who sacrificed herself for us, but not today. We must be stronger, and figure a way to draw them out, and slay them with bow and blade.

I think that those of us who are new to our party should meet the Lady. I'm sure she would be pleased to meet all of you, too. If Elorin wants to stay, she can. I will stay, too, in that case. If she wants to return to our lands, we can all go together. We can inter the departed and draw new strength and purpose there. Lady Ciedrel always knows what's going on. She has eyes where we do not.


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

Elorin calms down again after a few moments. "forgive my outburst Prince, everyone. With this news it would be best for us to return to our queen and get further information and help with this. We will not let the Rovagug cult take over, we will not leave you to deal with them alone your highness, we will gather our strength and return to destroy the influence."

She once again returned to her composed and calm self.

"Should your father return in our absence please pass on our and my own warm greetings and tell him we shall return quickly."


DM rolls:
Derrick Save vs survival 1d20 ⇒ 9

The prince has a boat with foodstuffs bound for elfhome add you to the manifest. The two hour voyage home is uneventful and you barely have time to look around before you are rushed to 'the tower'.

The tower of delicate beauty that is the last one standing, but was once one of many. From the top of this tower you can see the island of jungle and bog that is all that is left of a once proud empire. Oft in the distance, on the clearest days, the large continent that was taken from by the humanse can be seen in the distance. Lady Ciedrel reminds you that they human race is a race of the quick and convenient; a race often of violence and hatred.

The aging silver-haired beauty with golden eyes that is your queen remains the center of elven power. Lady Ciedrel is a startling contrast, a contrast of unearthly beauty lined with the stress of bearing an excruciating burden, that of guiding the elves back to the glory she personally experienced as a child. Her features are marred by subtle lines like that of a fine crystal goblet that you worry could shatter at any time.

Lady Ciedrel seems to speak to you as she says, "It does my heart glad to see you safely back home. You will have time to rest and recover. Wilaml Fmelvan, come forward. For dedication to others and true service to your heritage in foreign lands, I present you my badge of the knight-healer."

She places a silver necklage with diamond moon set in a pendant of white gold around Wil's neck. Lay on hands on others with the necklage is +1d6hp and removes the fatigued condition.

"Now, what is on your mind?"


Per +5, Low-Light Vision | HP 33/33 | AC 20, Touch 11, Flat 19 | F +4, R +2, W +10

Thalas observes the others going about maintaining their relationships. The news that there was a cult of Rovagug gaining influence nearby was troubling, but there was little that could be done right now.

Taking ship for their audience with Lady Ciedrel, Thalas passes the swift journey in conversation with Seltyn. During their conversation, Thalas presents the wizard with several magical scrolls he'd acquired over the previous several years that he was unable to make use of himself.

Scrolls:

One scroll of Blur (CL 3)
One scroll of Enlarge Person (CL 1)
Two scrolls of Haste (CL 3)
I will maintain these items as mine until Seltyn confirms posession of them, so they don't get "lost in administration".

No sooner had they docked than they were escorted directly to Lady Ciedrel. Despite being born a thousand years after himself, the sheer weight in age, experience, and history on her shoulders made him feel uneasy in her presence.

When Wil is presented with a magical amulet as a reward for service, Thalas smiles inwardly, This is their day to shine. Truly, it is a hard-earned victory.


Male Elf Ranger 4

There is much wrong in the world around us, and it seems wrong for us to stay here on the island home when our influence could be so much better used on the mainland. With the Coastal City as an ally, surely we could relocate there? Find lodgings for our nation, leaving some of our people here and becoming more useful to Derrick and the like?

Talon paces. Urgency, doubts, rage and worry.

The Rovagug cultists are once again an issue, becoming stronger in the areas around the Coastal City, and are threatening to kill off the dryad if we interfere with them. To not interfere would cause more harm in the long run, but to cause the death of the dryad would cause immense harm to the jungle that she called home.

We also came back so that we might be informed if there was other work that you would have us do. I remember something being mentioned about ships encased in ice that might be of use to our cause, can you tell us more?

It feels at times like we wasted the time that we have used in the city for things that did not help us and our goals. I worry therefore that the decline of our race, as it occurred after the Goblin Wars is continuing, and that state of affairs is not one that I believe we would like to have continue

Talon blushes slightly, he has spoken out of turn.


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

Wil had been in shock since he arrived, he'd always believed that his family would arrive at this point together and as a whole. He never dreamed it would be his alone to witness. He didn't notice any of the degradation of the once proud city only that he was in the center of his people. When he came before Lady Ciedrel he mustered his courage and kneeled before her as bidden, he bowed his head and accepted the necklace thankfully. When he finally stood he thanked Lady Ciedrel quietly before stepping back in line with the others.

He listened and watched Talons pace all the while thinking on how best to speak his mind, the last thing he wanted was to look like a fool. The cultists weighed heavily on his mind... The Dryad would die if they interfered. They were growing stronger by the day. Threatening not only their ally but their nation as well. It was time for action, coordinated and most likely bloody force would be required to remove this parasite.

"Forgive me Brother Talon, if I may." He steps forward once the floor was open. "I am an elf but I was raised among humankind, so my views are swift and may lack in delicacy. Now correct me if I'm wrong but without the Tree Mother they wouldn't be so strong as they are now and to leave her in their hands would only allow them to become stronger. They've shown themselves a threat to both nations, now, as a Threat they need to be dealt with firmly and permanently. Their threat to kill the Tree Mother is empty, and even if it is true it will be unavoidable if we want to bring them down. It is a loss either way."

He paused to gather himself as he continued. "Right now the Foxes are the sword of the elven nation as inexperianced as we all are it is time we called on our allies and those among are people more skilled then us to help free the tree mother. If she can be taken back from the cult then we can fight them without reservation. It is not a time to uprooted our people and show our enemies any sign of weakness. It's time to show them strength and resolve. Let them make threats and boast about their power. That pride will blind them in the long run." He looked for a map of the land and not seeing one he sighed and continued. "I say we start by taking away their supporters, by performing diplomacy among the villages and farms around the coastal kingdom we can turn the populace against them. Lady Elorin is skilled beyond her years in that art and many of us can assist her, it should prove an easy task."

"While doing this we discover where they hold the tree mother and plan a coordinate strike, the only goal would be to take her Back. If they kill her then they not only weaken themselves but will spark a war between my house and many others. I will send word to the companions and see what help I can get from them. Forgive me Lady Ciedrel if I speak out of turn but I truly believe this is not a time for half measures, we either come at them with everything we have or wait until this cult grows beyond our ability to contain. It is a time to assess what we are capable of and to toss aside doubts and worry of weakness, despite how we may feel we have been doing a lot of good in the world and we can only continue to grow and aid our nation with our strength..." He had spoke far more then he intended but to him the cult needed to be combated by any means possible. To allow it to grow further was not only folly but dangerous to the lives of the people if both nations...


Per +5, Low-Light Vision | HP 33/33 | AC 20, Touch 11, Flat 19 | F +4, R +2, W +10

OOC:
I wasn't really sure who Lady Ciedrel is other than, essentially, Queen. I dug this up from Page 1; she seems to be a high-level Cleric.

Lady Ciedrel on December 9, 2011 wrote:
"[...]my direct link to the Pantheon of elf-gods and goodesses can be yours."

As the debate continued over how to proceed, with both Talon and Wilaml speaking for some time, it occured to Thalas to enquire of Lady Ciedrel what she was already aware of.

"Lady Ciedrel, have you any insight as to whether we should pursue the story of ships encased in ice as a means of bolstering our strength prior to taking on Rovagug's cultists, or if it would be more important to eliminate the threat of Rovagug as soon as possible for the reasons Wilaml of House Fmelvam has spoken?"


"First, the cultists have been very clear we have a delicate truce. The moment we act against them, the truce is off. Furthermore, the cultists still have the dryad in their power. Right now, we have been giving aid to our human allies so they can act against the cultists. It is how I plan on containing the cult until a serious rescue is mounted. Our scouts have reported that the jungle is now filled with malevolent creatures and they are servants of the cultists. This includes black, nasty evil trees capable of uprooting themselves to defend the heart of the wood where the dryad is probably being held."

"Second, the pursuit of ships to gain mobility or dealings with any potential allies would be wise. Reports of the desert people with ties to djinni and other servants of air intrigue me. The nearby jungle people are mostly following the Rovagug cult. An active diplomatic effort to the jungle people would be needed to sway them from going to the Rovagug side."

"Finally, active work on the large human city may not be the answer. My advisors tell me their bureaucratic nature and large size makes them like a slow plodding elephant. But, given the appearance of the shrine in the city, advancing the agenda of this new shrine may be useful. I am extremely happy that you have spurred the intervention of Labelas in our cause. Having a god on your side is quite useful."


Per +5, Low-Light Vision | HP 33/33 | AC 20, Touch 11, Flat 19 | F +4, R +2, W +10

Thalas pauses to consider what his de facto queen had spoken.

"My Lady," he bows, "it seems to me that obtaining ships would be our best course of action at this juncture. With them, we can treat with the desert-dwellers and their elemental allies before beginning a diplomatic effort against Rovagug's cultists from a position of greater strength."

Speaking to his companions, "My friends, I believe this to be our best course of action to maximize our chance for success. Do you concur?"


HP 23/51, AC 26, CMD 25, Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4

"Sure." Azlain shrugged. He was clearly in over his head.

What the hell's a rovagug?


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

@chainmail/everyone:
I didn't know if someone had something planned to say about the bannermaiden so I added this. If you have something better to add then ignore my text. Wil still agrees and remains quiet.

Wil nods in agreement with the Queens plan. He had assumed that the cultists were still growing and hadn't amassed such a dominance in so little time. He steps forward after Thalas had spoke and bows his head before speaking solemnly to the queen once more. "Milady, I would love to help with diplomacy with the other human cities. As best as I can however... Obtaining the shrine and our return were not without cost, we've lost two so far and nearly Talon as well. Flambeaux fell a few days past, and I hoped... That... there was something we could do for her?" The entire time he spoke he couldn't bare to look the Queen in the face. He'd been present for each death, scant feet away and utter unable to prevent it from happening.


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

"My priority is and always has been the Dryad. I am not sure that they would give up such a powerful bargaining chip as they threaten to do. however if we may become stronger and then rescue her, I would not be entirely against it. If those ships will strengthen us then I shall do my best."

My queen as always I will do what it best for our people, however I must also be true to my feelings. the dryad sacrificed herself for us and I will not let her remain there. please be aware should an opertunity arise to save her i will take it. even if it ends m own existance here on this plain. However till then I shall make every effort to make us stronger and ready to take them on."

As Wilaml has said, we have lost good people on this journey, Flambeaux amongst them. Is there something we can do? She deserves it."


Male Elf Ranger 4

It would indeed seem that going for the ships would be the best course of action. Lets take a couple of days to rest up and sort our affairs here. I know that I would like to do a little hunting and speak to my old tutors and see whether they can teach me a few new tricks or something.


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Having spent a small amount of time just 'being' along the shore, Suny presents herself to the Elven court.

Her blond hair shines, though its simple cut is still functional as opposed to elegant. Her dress wraps over her shoulders before winding around her hips as it falls towards her knees in a skirt. Her bare calves and feet make little to no sound upon the carpets and floors of the palace.

As people take a closer note of the cottony-twine material of her garment, it is eventually apparent that Suny's dress is actually a fine net, which she's folded and wrapped about herself, holding the entire ensemble in place with the clever use of jewelery, mainly items of pearl and scrimshawed carvings from the sea.

She demurely presents herself to the Queen, nodding her head before retiring where ever there's been a place reserved to sit. Once settled, she deftly tucks her legs up beneath herself ans watches every one's actions with her large blue eyes even as she listens intently to every thing those present have to say.

Sorry for the dearth of postings. Just...didn't have the right words to put top post until now. *Bows*


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Indeed. Let's give it a day or 2 and consider our options. I will try to acquire more spells for my book, and we can all use a rest.

Who kept track of our treasure? I didn't...(:O


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

I semi did, between Wil, Talon and Suny each of us got 200 PP for the items we gave up which would have equated to the 600 PP for the set that was returned. I will try and post my list in the OOC later, my son is sick today =/


Lady Ciedrel speaks about your fallen comrade--"The bannermaiden fought valiantly. We have a capable replacement trained and ready or she can be raised and restored, but that will cut down on the resources we can commit to your support. I hate to be callous, but our high priestess has the diamond and gold dust necessary to perform the ceremony, but resources are limited."

The bannermaiden can be raised and restored for about 5200gp in material costs alone. This can be taken as a two year advance on money allocated from the elven treasury to support your group.

The queen speaks to Suny, "We have an accomplished Admiral named Windfavor who is a sea elf. Our ties to the sea cannot be forgotten."


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Suny nods and smiles shyly at the Queen's comment to her,

"We shall have tales to share of our two tribes." Suny replies, her Elvish far better than her use of Human speech.

Pay the money. T'is only that after all. We'll just have to remember to take everything and leave the enemy nothing in our future endeavors.


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

Sacrifice.

Wil untied his money pouch, he had over one hundred and ninety platinum pieces left and forty gold left in his second pouch and it was more then easy to part with it. "I offer 190 platinum in payment for the service. With how slow our people grow compared to humans I see the cost and resources more easily replaced then the lives lost Milady. If I must enter a binding agreement to see the funds restored then I shall and the foxes can remain out of it, it will be a debt I will gladly repay." He proffered his money pouch to the whoever the Queen deemed to take it.


Male Human Sorcerer

Already gave my bit of the loot to Spider, so no money to give, but even I say heal her and get her back. She was awesome


Per +5, Low-Light Vision | HP 33/33 | AC 20, Touch 11, Flat 19 | F +4, R +2, W +10

As the fate of Flambeaux is discussed and decided, Thalas cannot help but think to himself that this was not the best use of the Elven Treasury.

A two-year advance from the Treasury? How many Elven lives will be lost when a bare Treasury fails to provide proper arms and armor for others? I do not foresee both Seltyn and Elorin siding against Talon, Wil, and Elesandriel. Labelas Enorath help me, I will not "stir the pot" and raise my concern for nothing when the decision has already been made. We shall see if this decision proves as short-sighted as I believe it to be.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

If I were to perish in this quest, I would not wish to strain our treasury for my return. Flambeaux was dear to me, but she, like we, knew and accepted the risk of our sojourn.

I would hope for her intercession on our behalf, if she is, as scripture teaches, closer to the gods than we. Let us pray for her ease in passing, and for her blessing. She honored her duty to her last breath, and died an example to us all.


"If you would like us to Raise and restore your bannermaiden, let us know so we can begin at once."

The queen explains a few additional changes"As your reputation has impressed out smiths, enchanted weapons and armor are now available."

+1 weapons and armor are now available at the elf smithy.


HP 23/51, AC 26, CMD 25, Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4

Example? Azlain thought, wondering if he'd seen the same thing as Seltyn. Yes. A fine example of how to be hit in the chest by a troll-spear, and why it's a bad idea. Her death may have been sad, but it was not heroic. Why would he lie about something like that? I thought the core of goodness was honesty? If I want to understand this, I'll need to start asking questions.


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

"I respected Flambeaux though I agree with Thalas and Seltyn, If it where me that had fallen I would prefer a beautiful sending off than to put a strain on those that survived me. So i must lean towards not raising her but putting her to rest."


Male Human Sorcerer

If the resurrection of Flambeaux leaves the Elven nation as exposed as you imply, then it might be simpler to lay her body to rest, and remember her as we wish to do so in better times. I would like to meet with the new recruit if that is the route that we wish to take. Speak to them personally.

Upon hearing about the enchanted weapons, Talon will beg for the Queen to accept his leave, and he will head to the Smiths to have a word about what can be done.

I would like to order a Mithril chainshirt, hopefully be able to pay on collection as currently I have no money whatsoever.


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

Over a year gestation period, one hundred and ten usually to achieve adulthood and losing one of us is acceptable when humans would have over six generations of adults in that time span? The cost is a pittance compared to the years involved in bring us to age. No wonder we are fallen compared to them, we worry about the cost... Clearly defeated, he throws the pouch to Talon and isn't shocked when he catches it. The leaders of the foxes had spoken. His opinion didn't matter. When Talon looks at him in shock or whatever emotion it was Wil replied quietly and confidentially. "I have no need for it, put it to good use."

With that said he bows and retreats from the chamber in that humble bowed state, once he was out of the chamber he made his way out to where they were keeping his horse. He needed to train, he needed to do something more productive then this.


Per +5, Low-Light Vision | HP 33/33 | AC 20, Touch 11, Flat 19 | F +4, R +2, W +10

Perceiving Wil to be upset, Thalas ventures to speak for the group and decline the offer of resurrection for Flambeaux, speaking,

"Lady Ciedrel, such a request would be too much of a drain on your Treasury. We shall mourn her, and hope that more of our forces can be better prepared on future endeavors."

"It seems that we are also essentially agreed on the path of securing a number of ships currently encased in ice prior to engaging the cultists of Rovagug. I ask a week to research and prepare for the search, at which time we shall depart."

Thalas bows deeply, and departs with, "By your leave, My Lady."

Exiting the audience chamber, Thalas tries to follow after Wil.

Striding out of the palace, he calls out to the warrior who'd just mounted his horse, "Where are you bound, Wilaml of House Fmelvam, with such emotion?"


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Seeing business with the Queen seems to be coming to a close, Suny as well stands, gives a quick bow and then scampers off after Wilaml.

While her pace upon leaving the room certainly lacks 'decorum' as courtly folk would measure it, she never the less holds her pace such that she comes to walk quietly behind/beside Wilaml and any others who might be trying to catch up with him.

Am happy for others to speak there peace first. (^_^)


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

Wilaml secures his sword, while holding the reins delicately and looks to Thalas and Suny. His tone was the same as always civil and friendly as he answered the questions from Thalas. "No emotion, I had tried at least but nothing came of it. So with the decision made I am off to train Priest Thalas, so that another lack of vigilance doesn't cost us more lives. As for the gold, I gave it to the one who needed it most he gave up armor that had been a great boon for him because of my morals and I can at least repay him. This also gives me time to see the homeland I've chosen to fight for so if you wish to join me you may. The same I offer to you as well Suny."


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

"So, when might we expect you to return from your exertions?" Suny asks Wilaml politely, her Elvish much better than her Human dialect. Then she offers Wilaml a shy smile,

"Or are you offering to allow me to come along and watch?" She suggests, stepping forward slightly should Wilaml offer to take her along for the ride. (^_~)


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Seltyn sees that some of his band have taken the decision badly. There was nothing to be happy about, to be sure.

All the same, he also sees that the kingdom is small and relatively defenseless. Invaders could never wipe out the elves, but they could disrupt the tenuous relations the elves are only beginning to build with little effort. The Lady needs to see to the elves nearest her. Their lives are as valuable as any other's. Raising Flambeaux, as wonderful as that would be, would deny resources to many. Diamonds are rare.

Two of us died. We didn't sign on for a vacation tour. Next time, it could be me, or any of my friends. I hate to see them fall, but if they do, we must all bear it. Blood has always been the price.


Male Elf Ranger 4

After easily catching the pouch of coins, Talon holds it in his hands.

Three pounds of assorted coins, and this can buy wealth almost untold for us all. It would help the treasury of the kingdom, and with it protect a great many more lives. That Wil had taken it poorly was to be expected almost, he had lived among the Humans all his life, and had often shared a very different point of view on the world. That the money could be used to provide for the nation as a whole was certainly important however, far more so than the armour that he had given up for this cash.

He hands the purse wordlessly to Lady Ciedril, and then changes his mind about the smiths, instead heading after Wil.

Hearing about Wil's wish to train, he follows at a distance, a bow and arrows strung gently, working on his own stealth and perception skills. Practising the age old skills of the hunt, he uses Wil as the prey. After all, their enemies never waited for them to be ready, so why should he wait till Wil was ready?

Stealth roll 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Perception roll 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

He will hunt Wil till he is in a good position to shoot, preferably not an easily accesible one, and then let fly with a padded arrow, one designed to bruise at best, not actually cause lasting harm.

When ready to shoot:

First series of arrows

Arrow (non lethal damage)
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Arrow (non lethal damage)
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Second series of arrows
Arrow (non lethal damage)
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Arrow (non lethal damage)
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

He will continue in kind each time, at random intervals, therefore trying to be as unpredictable as he cant be.


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Hey, dun't ferget. If Suny be ridin' with Wil, then dun't he get partial cover? (^_~)


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

Wil gives Suny a smile and helps her up into the saddle, he waits for anyone else to follow if they will and takes a quiet ride around the area in search of a training area for soldiers.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Oddly he is best by an unknown sniper with padded arrows. So he gave them a harder Target to hit spurring pure heart into a gallop as he raised his shield and circled. "Hold on tight Suny!"

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

The fourth arrow strikes him and he gives a grunt, even for grazing blow it packed a punch.


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

At Wil's warning/urging Suny grabs hold of the saddle horn (Assuming we're using a similar American influenced contrivance) as Wil spurs his horse into a gallop(?)

"Wheeeeeeeeee!" Suny exults as the stead takes flight. (^_^)


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

Elorin having watched Wil leave and Talon follow in a focused manner decides to follow herself and watches Talon as he hides:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Seeing him let his practice arrow fly, she decides two can play at that game, using ghost sound to whisper in his ear from 25ft distance.

"Shooting a paladin may not be wise young elf, Game on Talon!"

she then turns and runs to hide herself.


Male Elf Ranger 4

Smiling slightly as he hears Suny's excited laughter, Talon lines up for the next series of shots, and hopes that he hasn't caused too much discomfort with the arrows. It was an old training regime his father had used with him, and so he was passing on the knowledge.

Calling out loudly The drinks are on me tonight Wil if you catch me! Talon melds once more into the area, forever trying to make a new and hopefully exciting chase. Noticing the noise of the chainshirt, he slips it off, the better to hide and move silently.

Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Series 1 (non lethal)
Arrow 1
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Arrow 2
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

New location
Stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Arrow 1
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Arrow 2
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

When Elorin whispers in his ear, he near jumps out of his skin. Her voice so close to him, it distracted him and he looks around, trying to find her, now playing in two games, Both important, both interesting.


Per +5, Low-Light Vision | HP 33/33 | AC 20, Touch 11, Flat 19 | F +4, R +2, W +10

Looks like I almost missed the party. Had to take care of my son for a few hours and get him to sleep, but free now! ;)

Thalas nods in agreement at Wil's suggestion of training. Accompanying Wil and Suny on a spare mount,

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

he fails to take notice of Talon until arrows start landing amongst them.

Instead of taking flight with Wil, he grins to himself and gives in to the game and wheels his horse in the direction diagonal to that from which the arrows were coming from and kicked his heels to get the horse to a canter. As he slowly closes the distance to Talon, he changes direction directly towards Talon and charges the bow-wielding elf!

Based off my interpretation of the Stealth rules, once Talon attacked he lost Stealth and was plainly located. Directly paying attention to him means he can't Stealth again without creating a diversion; basically, a Bluff roll that if failed against allows another Stealth roll.


HP 23/51, AC 26, CMD 25, Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4

Azlain sits and watches. Training with blunted weapons always rendered poor responses to real combat. The weights were never accurate. The pain of getting hit was different. There was no way a practice sword would ever teach someone how to recover from getting a blade caught between a dying man's ribs. The important things about fighting, the real things, were only able to be learned with steel and pain. Right now, those were the last things his new companions needed.

Let them have their fun. They have had enough of sorrow lately.


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Suny, unaware of the games which people have afoot, continues to bounce, laugh and giggle upon the seat of Wilaml's horse. (^_^)

How long is Wilaml going to be riding? Just out to some practice field, no?


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

The fifth arrow was Talons downfall, Wil turns and with his one good eye catches Talon lining up his sixth shot mere moments after he let the fifth sail into Wil's shield. He raised his shield again and defended himself with ease as the next couple arrows bounced off harmlessly.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

He lost Talon again and took another arrow in the ribs, he entertained Talon a few minutes more before moving to a real training area, with stumps and other upright objects used by soldiers for practice.

"I will be spending most of my time here Suny, at least until evening mess. An instructor told me once, easy training, hard battles, hard training, easy battles. We need to train harder so that we can become better, so if you ever want to spar i'd welcome the challenge. Or anyone else for that matter." He said the last part with a wide grin. When he was among the companions, when they lost a member I combat, he found solace in training and the more he sweat the better he felt.


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Suny dextrously twists about in the saddle of the stationary horse and gives Wilaml a light hug, before hitching a leg over the saddle and deftly dropping to the ground. She looks up at the Paladin,

"Aye, learnin' t'fight better be all-a-ways a good thing t'know." She replies in her Human brough, with a glitter of mischief in her eye.

"But my kin, they do things a mite different t'whut folks here abouts be used to, I reckon." She steps away from Wil's mount adroitly and seems more than happy to just watch folks for the time being.

While Wilaml is getting in his practice, Suny wanders about the place chatting brightly to others who are also about the fields.

2,051 to 2,100 of 3,750 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Team Elf in Elves versus Dwarves - Dwarves and Gnomes KEEP OUT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.