Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Elven team in Campaign Elves vs Dwarves -- Dwarves and Gnomes Keep Out (Inactive)

Game Master Chainmail

An old school homebrew campaign for a party of Elves. They will interact with a party of dwarves on an increasing basis.
Current map


1,901 to 1,950 of 3,750 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>

Spoiler:
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

*Waves* (^_^)

Okay, first? I really hope I'm in the wagon. Other wise I am gon'a be a BIG Elf shaped target on front of Thalas' saddle. :P

Second? Sorry for lagging but you guys in your weird time zones are soooo out of whack for me. :P

So, assuming it's at least day two and Suny is in the wagon...

Suny looks out a window for something to see.

Perception:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Lifts her x-bow and lets fly!

Att Roll:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 (+4 If our Bards stack)

Dam Roll:1d8 ⇒ 8(+4 If our Bards stack)


Female Half-Elf Cleric

Already posted my rolls yesterday in discussion thread. Perception was 23.

I cast Hold Person through the window in the closest seen enemy, DC 17. Then Maeve moves out of the way to allow others a shot through it. I hope that by targeting the closest enemy others can easier finish it off, if it is on a tree maybe it falls down.


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

Stabilize DC10 - Failed 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 1 - 4 = 2


Female Half-Elf Cleric

Maeve will channel/heal next turn, I assume everyone is in close area and is affected, if not I will have to move so that Wil gets into the zone (and the troll doesn't) 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11
/off to bed


Spoiler:
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Yelling and talking are free actions! (^_^)

"Herd th' fekkers! Concentrate your fire! You see a toerag with a pin in 'em? Add another!"

Suny yells encouragement/ideas/tactic/swear words as well as x-bow bolts out into the fray.

(^_^)

Reloading for Round 3.

Very much cheers and best wishes to all.


HP 23/51, AC 26, CMD 25, Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4

Maeve, trolls are technically Giants, which are Humanoids. Hold Person can target them. Please aim that Hold Person at the giant thing about to murder Wil and I.


Spoiler:
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Bugger that. Do a 'Knowledge check' ye shiny white lass and work out why an Ice Troll is wandering around in weather that makes a near nekkid Sea Elf not care. (^_~) Suny in't the quickest skipper, but she in't dumb. However, she in't seen teh big, blue meanie neither.


Male Elf Ranger 4

Perception check 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Seeing what is almost everywhere on the battlefield, Talon finds himself torn. Wil is under great danger, but his arrows would be almost incapable of harming the great lumbering hulk that towers over him. The humans on the other hand, whilst a smaller threat, are more numerous, and he has spent his life training on how to defeat them. Hoping he has made the right choice, Talon draws his bow fully, and fires as fast as he dares at the ice troll.

Arrow 1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 (+ bonuses from bardic singing)
Damage Arrow 1 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10(+ bonuses from bardic singing)

Arrow 2 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19(+ bonuses from bardic singing)
Damage Arrow 2 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8(+ bonuses from bardic singing)

Full attack on the troll, seems like one of them is actually likely to hit, the other is most likely a bust.


Per +5, Low-Light Vision | HP 33/33 | AC 20, Touch 11, Flat 19 | F +4, R +2, W +10

Thalas Round 2:

Seeing Wil go down, Thalas spurs his mount and hastens to the warrior's side. Calling forth the power of Labelas Enorath, he hopes to get the warrior back on his feet.

Move Action Move to AC19
Standard Action Channel Positive Energy: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9

Status:

AC 18 T 12 FF 19
HP 20 / 20
Channel Positive Energy - 5/6 remaining


Per +5, Low-Light Vision | HP 33/33 | AC 20, Touch 11, Flat 19 | F +4, R +2, W +10

I forgot to specify it, but I'm definitely applying my Selective Channeling feat to exclude the troll and human bandits!


Seltyn ACR 8 1d20 ⇒ 11

It was mentioned that one person could attack from the carriage and the troll was hard to target from the carriage. Talon cannot shift down a huge step that a stool was put in place to ease the transition to the ground from a moving carriage and full attack. I am going to allow Talon to lean out the window under partial cover to take his full attack. It was also mentioned that the troll was at a difficult angle, the humans could be targeted from the wagon. Thalas in the threat range of an huge glaive (as well as Wil). Moving more that five feet will trigger an AoO, but channeling in a threatened square does not provoke.

Talon leans out of the window to get two shots at the troll sinking one past his defenses. Seltyn noticed the far side door popped open when the spear hit the carriage and moved and hit the troll with a massive scorching blast.

It will take an ACR DC8 to jump down from the carriage as part of a move action, the carriage is still moving. Opening a door is a move action. I will say that Seltyn has exited the carriage from the back side now and cast his scorching ray. Elorin has moved and performed, so she had no excess move action. I originally had her opening the door and performing.

So Thalas can modify his action or grant an AoO. Maeve and Suny are in the wagon as Suny plans to fire from the carriage window that Talon has chosen to fire from. If Talon wants to change to a move, he can still fire the first arrow, but I try to keep the original intent as much as possible.


Per +5, Low-Light Vision | HP 33/33 | AC 20, Touch 11, Flat 19 | F +4, R +2, W +10

Round 2 RETCON

Instead of moving to Wil, he will Channel Energy from his current location and use his move action to draw/ready his shield and thus avoid provoking an AoO.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Seltyn does his best Gandalf impression.

Kill the troll! Kill the troll!


Spoiler:
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Suny looks in the direction Setlyn is pointing/gesticulating and sees...

Um, what exactly does Suny see? What image is the Dm trying to present to us/her?

Round 3(?):

Suny aims and fires her x-bow again at any presentable target. Shooty humans probably first and easiest atm. She continues to add her voice to that of Elorin's.

Att Roll:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19(+4 from Bard's rousing good voices)

Dam Roll:1d8 ⇒ 1(+4 From Bard's rousing good voices)

"Whut th' fek is that?" Suny exclaims upon seeing the large, blue meanie.


Per +5, Low-Light Vision | HP 33/33 | AC 20, Touch 11, Flat 19 | F +4, R +2, W +10

We're at the top of Round 2, and it's the troll's turn now.


Spoiler:
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Bugger. (-_-)


Female Half-Elf Cleric

Well, I would still like to see a DC roll for that human before we skip to the new round, Suny don't you rush us now too, we didn't even start turn 2 yet and you want turn 3. :)


Before Top of Round 2, some housekeeping for round 1
Bandit Save 1d20 ⇒ 19
Maeve moves outside the carriage to cast a spell as Talon is hogging the window.
Wil finds a jolt of healing energy infuse him from Thalas and immediately moves to heal himself. He immediately lays on hands and is felling better 10hp

Wil needs to make a DC10 ride check to stay in the saddle (+2 if military saddle). Wil realizes that advancing on the troll will provoke an AoO. Wil is ready to act at the end of round 1 after having LoH.

Suny moves outside to shoot a crossbow too as Talon is still in the window.

Wil, do you advance to give the troll a shot at you?


Female Half-Elf Cleric

Maeve should be able to cast through the window without leaving the carriage, it doesn't even need a ranged attack just a glimpse at the target over Talon's shoulder even if Talon is in the attack position.


HP 23/51, AC 26, CMD 25, Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4

Azlain slips to his right to put the massive troll between himself and the enemy archers.

5'Adjust to AF21. Should now have pretty good Cover.

Sweeping his blade across as he moves, he cuts upward, between the troll's legs.

Attack, bardsong added: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 4 = 30

Damage: 1d10 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 4 = 11

Fire damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Woot!

Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 4 = 25

Crit damage: 1d10 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 4 = 11

Crit fire damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

If I successfully Crit, that's 22 Slashing and 8 Fire

If the troll drops, I'd like to take a knee as a free action to maintain cover against the archers


Female Half-Elf Cleric

congrats Azlain! I guess you just got your first Troll trophy XD


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

That should do it. Now stand by to watch Seltyn die in a hail of bolts. It was nice knowing ya! Good luck w/ the dwarves!


Female Half-Elf Cleric
Seltyn Sevenleaf wrote:
That should do it. Now stand by to watch Seltyn die in a hail of bolts. It was nice knowing ya! Good luck w/ the dwarves!

We aren't done yet so don't jinx it, and I should channel at end of turn most likely (unless it is ruled that Maeve had to leave the damn carriage and I get shot instead)


Spoiler:
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

*Raises hand* Um, not wantin' t' seem a stick in'a mud...But why dun't the carriage have a window on each side? Couldn't M'self be shooting from one side an some one else be shootin' from another? Unless the bad guys all be on the same side, o'course.

Also, sorry fer gettin' out'a line in'a rounds. (^_^)


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

Ride Check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

SA: Total Defense AC= 25

He sagged in the saddle but somehow didn't fall, Tyyma whined and strained as her rider nearly fell off and snorted at the Trolls potent scent. As he began to finally fall off the saddle a wave of healing magic infused him with strength. He hauled himself back up with the reins, eliciting another snort of outrage from Tyyma, he sat up ridged and grimaced as he bit his tongue, apparently his mouth had been hanging open for a moment.

Embarrassing.

He noticed the troll was glaring at him and by the look of it, it was soon to fall. He wasn't much use in his weakened and vulnerable state, so instead Wil raised his shield and defended himself as he reined Tyyma Irailman to hold. He wouldn't give the brute what it wanted, nor let it believe it was unthreatened either.

Onward with round 2!


Male Elf Ranger 4

Round 2 actions:

If the troll is still alive then:

Shooting troll
Arrow 1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 (add bard bonuses)
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 (add bard bonuses)

Arrow 2
Arrow 1 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 (add bard bonuses)
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 (add bard bonuses)

Otherwise attacking the humans closest to Wil


The troll draws his huge sword and steps back to attack Azlain.

to hit1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

He misses, and Suny's well placed crossbow, and a massive blow from the flaming sword finish him off. At the death of the big troll, the human bandits seem ready to run. They have had enough.


Spoiler:
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Oh no they don't! Chase one of th' buggers DOWN! *Not kill!

Perception:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20(To choose a bandit to capture)


Female Half-Elf Cleric

Maeve as planned will channel to heal the wounded at her location, in a radius around her, from inside the carriage as its walls and corners don't block the effect. (as far I know, if it would, then position myself in front of door to have a line of sight on the wounded)


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Is Flambeaux permadead?


Spoiler:
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Jus' realized. We killeded th' Troll! Yay us! (^_^) *Makes note to do happy dance when possible* (^_^)


Female Half-Elf Cleric
Seltyn Sevenleaf wrote:
Is Flambeaux permadead?

No idea, I hope only dying and can be rescued. If she dies I considered contacting the Black Citadel, asking if they could revive her.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

She was assigned to help us, so we should do what we can out of respect.

Don't chase them! Suny, search the troll for valuables. Let's get Flambeaux in the carriage, and get out of here. We've still got a long way to go.


Female Half-Elf Cleric
Seltyn Sevenleaf wrote:
She was assigned to help us, so we should do what we can out of respect.

I have 4 bird feather tokens, seems I may get the chance to use one of them for this. I consider named/described NPC-s as much worth as PC-s so yes, I do wish to rescue her too as an equal member of the group.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Perfect. We can contact the Lady, and she probably has a way to instruct us on what to do, if we can't revive her.


Female Half-Elf Cleric
Seltyn Sevenleaf wrote:
Perfect. We can contact the Lady, and she probably has a way to instruct us on what to do, if we can't revive her.

Not sure if the tokens work only for contacting the Black Citadel or for other locations/people too.

"I agree with the emerald-eyed one. We need to look after the wounded, if we can shoot one of the bandits in the knee to capture it, it would be only of advantage though."


Spoiler:
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Suny glances over a brown shoulder, even as she pelts off after the current target of her ire,

"Bugger THAT!" She focuses her attention on the bandit fleeing.

Acrobatics:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21(To tumble and such to get closer/trip said target up)

"Stop ye todger!"

For DM Chainmail:
Aiming for a female bandit. Assuming there are any. Other than that the 'nicest' looking one. Beyond those criteria, what ever you have decided to have attack us. (^_^) *Bows*


HP 23/51, AC 26, CMD 25, Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4

Azlain remounts his horse and makes to follow the fleeing bandits, either to capture one, or to prevent them from regrouping.

Horses have a 50 move and usually have the Run feat, so i think I can catch one of them

I won't go out of sight of the wagon though. If they get that far away, Illl break pursuit and come back


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

Elorin is staying with the wagon, As others are faster and more capable to chase the bandits. She will wrap up Flambuex body, in a respectful way and place the flag on her.

Is Elorin the only PC/friendly NPC at the wagon atm?

After she has finished wrapping the body she stands guard as best she can.

perception check as I am specifically standing guard.
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


Male Elf Ranger 4

With the defeat of the ice troll, the focus comes around to capturing which ever humans that they can. Moving down from the carriage, Talon will look around and begin steadily shooting humans down. He doesn't have the speed to chase them down, so will instead shoot as per normal at them, hoping that their wounds will slow them and allow others to catch them

Looking for the leader bandit.
Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Not seeing any such leader stand out, he will focus on the bandit furthest away that is running, and fire at that bandit until they drop, then move onto the next and then the next

Round1

Arrow 1
1d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 22 (BAB, Bard bonuses and favoured enemy bonuses)

Damage
1d8 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 15 (damage bonus, Bard bonuses and favoured enemy bonuses)

Arrow 2
1d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 28 (BAB, Bard bonuses and favoured enemy bonuses)

Damage
1d8 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 12 (BAB, Bard bonuses and favoured enemy bonuses)

Round 2
Arrow 11d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 24 (BAB, Bard bonuses and favoured enemy bonuses)

Damage
1d8 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 13 (damage bonus, Bard bonuses and favoured enemy bonuses)

Arrow 2
1d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 31 (BAB, Bard bonuses and favoured enemy bonuses)

Damage
1d8 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 18 (BAB, Bard bonuses and favoured enemy bonuses)

Crit confirm 1d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 27
Crit damage 2d8 + 10 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5, 5) + 10 + 4 + 2 = 26

Once the bandits are done, then he will turn, and either take care or help take care of the body, before looking and securing the banner. Then looting the dead (other than flambeaux) for anything that can explain what is going on, why they were attacked and so on. Also, will try to discreetly take a trophy from the ice troll.

Its horrendous that one of our own has fallen, but he personally can't do anything for the fallen, so turns his attentions to the living. Therefore whatever he can do to save them is what he does, and right now he sees that as being a elimination of the bandits in the fastest method possible.


One bandit interrupts his run at the approaching rider. He seems somewhat intimidated by Azlain's approach, but grimly pulls out a shortsword to face him.
"Your tough on that horse."

The others make for a drainage culvert over the high road the bridge spanned. Talons fires two arrows, dropping two bandits before they get very far. As they bunch up under cover to run throught the ditch an incredible shot puts a third one down. The two remaining do not give him a second look as they run through a ditch.

As Flambeaux is examined, and it is apparent that a huge thrown spear struck a vital spot, but thankfully her death was painless.

Saving throw, scroll on troll 1d20 ⇒ 4

Examining the troll, he has a sack of 5 gold bars, each worth about 100gp. (Called hundred weight bars-they weigh as much as 100coins) He had a scroll with the bag, but it is burnt beyond repair. He also has a haunch of meat and five huge weapons: a huge glaive, flail, two throwing spears, and a dagger.


Male Elf Ranger 4

By my estimation, that would then leave 3 or perhaps 4 bandits left? Is that correct?

With three bandits slaughtered in quick succession, and one especially good shot that nearly decapitated one of the runners, Talon swears as he sees the carnage around him. That the troll was able to throw a spear that looked more like a young tree trunk straight through the carriage in such a way that it nearly hit those inside the carriage was testament to the creatures great strength. He hoped that he would never have to meet something like that thing again, knowing that the missions that they were likely to go on would harbour no such reservations. It was indeed highly likely that they would meet something like that again.

At least Flambeaux died before she actually knew what happened. That is a small mercy. Still, her body much be taken home, and our failure to protect her must be something we are held accountable for. Our numbers are too few to have them thrown away like chaff in the wind.

Nocking his bow once more, Talon will fire till the last bandit falls. It was the least that he could do to honour the elven bannerwoman who had given them all so much.

Round 1
Arrow 1 1d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 15
Damage 1 1d8 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 18

Arrow 2 1d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 24
Damage 2 1d8 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 13

Round 2
Arrow 1 1d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 16
Damage 1 1d8 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 15

Arrow 2 1d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 20
Damage 2 1d8 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 19

Round 3
Arrow 1 1d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 26
Damage 1 1d8 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 16

Arrow 2 1d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 25
Damage 2 1d8 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 14

Round 4
Arrow 1 1d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 17
Damage 1 1d8 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 19

Arrow 2 1d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 17
Damage 2 1d8 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 14

Round 5
Arrow 1 1d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 20
Damage 1 1d8 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 19

Arrow 2 1d20 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 20
Damage 2 1d8 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 4 + 2 = 18

If they aren't all dead after that, then I must be doing something badly. Never realised just how deadly a fully buffed ranger could be. Am almost wondering whether I really need to go down the stealth route. So long as I can spot the trouble and get some buffs, it would seem that not much is going to stop those arrows

After some thirty seconds of firing, his aim begins faltering, his shots erratic. The bandits are getting further and further away, and as Elorin is guarding the body, and Azlain is on the hunt with a bandit he has confronted, there seems to be little danger. Resolving to do better next time, and to learn how to ride properly, Talon will stow his bow over his shoulder and then begin the task of checking the bodies of the slain. The gold bars and the scroll will be mentioned to Seltyn before being stowed in the wagon. Any weapons and ammunition that the bandits might have had will also be picked over, arrows taken and the weapons can always be sold later. Dragging the bodies into a single large pile ready for incineration, his body and mind will begin to tire slowly, but a relentless drive to do what must be done will be ever present. Using whatever supplies he can gather together, tinder and so on from the area around, he will set the fire and then suggest that the party move on. These men fought bravely, causing a great wound to those they had attempted to fight and rob, and despite the pain of that wound, it was unfair of them to not get a burial of some kind.

Sila anira ocilsala anirilan leam cenyn eelam aeym nyemtylaala tymeelewa aey amilmsanir el anira queymlaa ilirailw eo aey, illw sila anira nleamcawva anirilan aniralaa wailanirla eo aeymla amama nyilylaaw fa anirelaa anirilan saillan aey le irilms irilylan aey. E anilna le tymewa el amirilan amilla wela anewila, fyan anira tyilanir eo eleecalnya amilla anmewwal fa aey oemlaan. Ama tymeananyanaw eym ceelala el anirela wila.

Elven:
May the flames that now lick over your corpses provide you warmth on the journey ahead of you, and may the knowledge that these deaths of yours were caused by those that meant you no harm haunt you. I take no pride in what was done today, but the path of violence was trodden by you first. We protected our lives on this day.

Turning from the funeral pyre and speaking to the party.

Ama wilma lean laanila illaamirama lailm irama leam. Illa synyir illa ama irilela faal anmilelaccelv, ama amecc laaw ane anmilelac ean ilvilel. Anirelaa sal sila amacc fa selalaaw laeel, illw eo anirilan ela anira nyillaa aniral il vmailanam irylan amecc fa laalan eyan ane oelw amire neccaw aniralaa oeecla. Caan yla anmilelac anirmeyvir anira leviran eo laawla fa, malaanelv illa falaan illa ama nyill el anira nyilmmeilva. Eo anirela saillla anirilan ama we lean malaan anecc anira layl ela elnya sema irevir el anira lana ytyel anira laam wila, aniral anirilan ela amirilan sylaan fa wela.

Elven:
We dare not stay anywhere near here now. As much as we have been travelling, we will need to travel it again. Those men may well be missed soon, and if that is the case then a greater hunt will be sent out to find who killed these fools. Let us travel through the night if needs be, resting as best as we can in the carriage. If this means that we do not rest till the sun is once more high in the sky upon the new day, then that is what must be done.

E ils le vmailan cailwam. Anirilan ireleym veala ane Laacanal, fyan E nleam iream E ameycw mailnyan eo E caw sal laynyir illa anirelaa anirilan quylaan ilananilnynaw yla, illw aniramaoema nleam iream E ameycw nyirillva eym eaml tycillla ane ilananastyan ane aelilwa laynyir ilnyaneella.

Elven:

I am no great leader. That honour goes to Seltyn, but I know how I would react if I led men such as those that just attacked us, and therefore know how I would change our own plans to attempt to evade such actions.

Lela eo aey mailcca irilela maillael ane anmylaan sa. E ils ela eo anira wailw omes anira laaamamla. Laymeleelilc anireyvir ela laesaanirelv anirilan sa oilaniram anilyviran sa oem sa alanema ceoa. Laymeleelilc el anira oemalaanla illw vcilwala eo eym iresa. Laymeleelilc ilan ilcc nyelaanla. Iream ane oelw, laanailc omes illw necc irysillla ane tymeananyan eym eaml. Ama irilela celaan ela eo eym eaml anewila. Anirilan ela lean il celala anirilan E ils tymatyilmaw ane matyailan.

Elven:
None of you really have reason to trust me. I am one of the dead from the sewers. Survival though is something that my father taught me for my entire life. Survival in the forests and glades of our home. Survival at all costs. How to find, steal from and kill humans to protect our own. We have lost one of our own today. That is not a loss that I am prepared to repeat.

His voice and demeanour grim, Talon will tend to any wounds that are within his capacity to heal, and then suggest that they get going as fast as possible, the sooner to get away from this death place.


Per +5, Low-Light Vision | HP 33/33 | AC 20, Touch 11, Flat 19 | F +4, R +2, W +10

Thalas, seeing the troll go down and bandits begin fleeing - with Talon putting arrows into them as quickly as he can draw - instead dismounts and tends to Wil's wounds.

Spontaneous Conversion (Bless->Cure Light Wounds): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

"Many have fallen, having taken less wounds than you have. You are fortunate, Wilaml of House Fmelvam."

Looking up and seeing Azlain had run down and cornered what seemed to be the leader, he shouted,

Elvish:
"Leave him alive, please, Azlain! We should question him to determine if he was here randomly, or hired to wait for us!"


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

Before his very eyes Thalas see Wil's wounds heal up seemingly on their own and as they do so Wil draws out his warhammer. He glared at the retreating bandits as he speaks. "I know I'm lucky but I still wish it had been and not her... Today though will be the last time they plague these roads." With that he kicked his light warhorse forward, charging into the fray and helping Azlain before looking to run down those in the culvert. His blood was pumping and they'd pay for murder.

LoH 4/6 remaining 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male Elf Ranger 4

oh sh*t, we have a pissed off paladin. HELP!


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

So much for a quick exit! LOL

Seltyn sighs. Godspeed, avenger...


HP 23/51, AC 26, CMD 25, Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4

So I rode near him last round, and on his action he closed distance and drew a weapon?

Azlain nearly laughed. Brave fool.

Spurring his horse, Azlain drew a folded net from a large pouch at his belt and whipped it at the man.

Net, ranged touch, bardsong, non-proficient: 1d20 + 5 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 - 4 = 18

Winding the lead rope around his saddle horn, he let the horse do the work of dragging the bandit.

ride check (if needed): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Move Action, draw net, Standard, touch attack. Free action, spur horse, hitch rope to saddle

Don't know what the rules have to say about being dragged by a horse, but I'm betting it's not pleasant.


Azlain wrote:

So I rode near him last round, and on his action he closed distance and drew a weapon?

Azlain nearly laughed. Brave fool.

You finished off the troll and the bandits did a full sprint to increase the distance from 60 feet to much more. You mounted your horse and you pursued the bandits and one of them stopped and drew a short shortsword while the others ran.

You closed the distance and have entangled him in a net which you are going to affix the trailing rope to your saddle so you can drag him.

Talon calmly dropped three of them in 12 seconds, making over a 100' shot through cover to close the deal on one of them.

DEX check:
1d20 ⇒ 3

The bandit struggles to try and cut the rope, but as he struggles ineffectively, Azlain drags him back to the wagon. Being dragged was not a pleasant experience.


Spoiler:
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Suny makes no comment as the bandits before her drop from Talon's arrows, though she does frown a little as one bandit is dragged back to the carriage.

Suny is in no hurry to go scampering back through tunnels, drainage ditches or other wise, so she trots over to the fallen bandits -checking for any pulses- while checking pockets and equipment.


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

Elorin remains with the body and the wagon. seeing Wil chase after bandits with blood on his eyes, she decides allowing him to work out his demons would be best.

1,901 to 1,950 of 3,750 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Team Elf in Elves versus Dwarves - Dwarves and Gnomes KEEP OUT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.