Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Elven team in Campaign Elves vs Dwarves -- Dwarves and Gnomes Keep Out (Inactive)

Game Master Chainmail

An old school homebrew campaign for a party of Elves. They will interact with a party of dwarves on an increasing basis.
Current map


1,051 to 1,100 of 3,750 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

Female Wood Elf Cleric 2

Lienilda blushes at Spider's introduction, wondering what she's gotten herself into with these other elves. She tries to deflect.

"What rats? And would they happen to be lairing in an old shrine to Gozreh?"


Spoiler:
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

At the other Elf-lass' question, Suny skips forward (As much as she can given the narrow confines of the tunnel) and replies,

"Aye! Rilly big ratties!" She extends her arms as much as space allows, "Heck, given th' size of 'em, no one's done a proper job of sweepin' th' bilges down her in, like, forever!" Then she glances at the waters, "We got 'em all though, din't we...?" She ponders, more to herself than every one else.

Perception:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male Elf Ranger 4

The rats were pretty big I will give you that, although its the crossbow bolts of the ratfolk that are the real bloody danger. I was dropped twice in one battle. It's good to see more of our kind, what brings you to this place? Stow the chat, lets get to our buildings and we can always come back here in the morning.

Talon will smile at Lienilda as they both lower the bows. My apologies, I was not sure that it wouldn't be more of the rats. It's been a disaster more or less since coming down here. I can't help you with the shrine of Gozreh, but if we can come back down and look for it tomorrow if you needed. Otherwise, we look to be pretty good right now, although Wil is talking about having trouble connecting to his power right now. If we continue on, lets wade.

Heal roll for anyone that might need it1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

Have levelled up skills etc for level 3, although not so with feats cause I was input.


Female Wood Elf Cleric 2

"If there is someone still hurt," says Lienilda, glancing at Azlain for a moment, "I can help. Is that alright?" Lienilda is beginning to piece together a story she can tell herself about what happened here. These elves were looking for something down in the undercity, something that was not the shrine to Gozreh, when they were set upon by both giant rats and rats that walked like elves. These were apparently two different sorts of creature.


HP 23/51, AC 26, CMD 25, Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4

Azlain's breath rattled in his chest. Having nothing to say he simply nodded to his new partner.


Male Elf Ranger 4

Go for it. If you believe yourself to be trained in the healing arts. Look, I hate to ask, but what in the name of the Abyss are you doing down here?


Female Wood Elf Cleric 2

"I will try." Lienilda gingerly approaches the person who looks most obviously injured, and will do her best to get to eye level with that person. She will do a quick fully body assessment, and a more thorough assessment of the injury site. As she palpates the site, she will let the energy of her unnamed goddess flow into her fingertips, healing the flesh with each touch.

Sacrifice one Divine Favor to cast Cure Light Wounds on the person closest to death. Whoever that is, here's 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 HP.

"I said," Lienilda continues as she works, "There is an ancient shrine to Gozreh in the undercity that I need to find." She looks up and around, questioningly. "Didn't I?"


The rogue speaks, "What symbol or rune does this Gozer go by."


Female Wood Elf Cleric 2

Lienilda scrapes a picture of a green leaf dripping water into a patch of mold on the wall.


"I think that symbol was down here, the shrine should be less than a five minute walk."

Spider leads you back to the grate you came down and past it to go straight away from the river. As you pass the grate you go about 200 feet and come to a mural made of blue, brown, and green rocks that have been perfectly fit into a dripping leaf set into a wall made of stone of different construction than the rest of the tunnels. In the spot where the water would land is a flat blue disk set into the stone floor. The six inches of water doesn't gather over the blue disk, but forms and odd whirlpool.

The mural has an inscription in elvish: 'A symbol of divine magic can be more important than water.'


Female Wood Elf Cleric 2

Lienilda nods slowly at the symbol, seeing it just as she thought it would be. She takes her own icon, a pointing hand framed by a delicately carved circle of energy, off from around her neck, and proffers it before her. Slowly, she steps into the water and makes her way to the whirlpool. Long before she gets to it she feels it tugging at her feet, wanting to sweep her down and away. But she widens her stance and keeps pushing, until the blue disk at the whirlpool's center is in reach.

Lienilda lays her icon flat in the middle of the blue disk, and waits to see what will happen. Probably nothing.


Spoiler:
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Suny pads along with every one else, though she seems slightly more withdrawn as they walk away from the river. She looks at the effect in the waters.

"Here, now that's...odd." Is her only comment.


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

Wil frowned slightly at Spiders comment, sometimes the man was funny although it seemed he was more concerned in skirt chasing at times. His frown faded into a thin line at the mention of not being able to connect with his gods. He'd used up his ability plain and simple, but teaching such understanding was difficult. Sadly.

He waved off Lienlilda's offer of assistance as his wounds had mended from his earlier ministrations but he was glad when she helped to mend some of the injuries that the group had taken. He raised an eyebrow questioning;ly at Talon and nodded at Liendilda's comment. He had heard her speak of why she was there but he was feeling too tired to respond.

As the other ogled at the strange phenomenon before them Wil decided to fill their two new friends in on why the group was there. "I signed on for the Commission to clear the sewers and discover why this part of the undercity is so prone to ambushes and criminal activity. My comrades, the Foxes, are here to help me in this endeavor. Although when we entered I was too loud and attracted attention to our entrance, thus inviting the ratmen and their... pets to ambush us. I will be more careful next time." He avoided looking directly at her though, she was much too pretty and in less then a month he had met no less then three elven women. If his mother found out she would never stop badgering him and his father...

He dread to think about it further...


Update in the main thread - see campaign tab for link.

The mural splits in the middle like sets of fine teeth as the concealed doors rumble aside. In the perfectly preserved grotto is an altar lit by the sun that is focused from a set of wierdly placed windows fifty feet high. The grotto is roughly 40 feet in diameter. As the group files in, you notice a similar blue circle on this side of the concealed door. An statue of an elf dressed in fine armor and carrying a two handed sword is near the door.

A pool of refreshing water collects at the far side covered in lilypads and ferns. A sense of peace and belonging pervades this place.

Empowered healing in this sanctuary.


Spoiler:
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Suny wanders in, her head swiveling as she stares about at everything.

"Pretty..." She breathes quietly.


Female Wood Elf Cleric 2

"You call yourselves Foxes?" says Lienilda, stepping into the sanctuary. She drips as she walks, but though water is clearly not novel in this place, it does not smell like the rest of the sewers. Lienilda makes her way to the pool and drops to her knees.

"I know not how," she says, "or what I need to do here, but our tasks are connected. Azlain, we should help them with theirs.

"It seems safe here, to rest. I wonder who has kept it so."


Male Elf Ranger 4

More likely than not the bloody rats didn't find anything edible, and therefore didn't desecrate the place. It looks like at least a fairly decent place to put up for the night. I have food in my pack if this is where we are resting up, and even have a couple of sunrods, so we will have light throughout the night. Keep on bloody forgetting about them. Hell, even picked up some thunderstones, throw them hard enough and them can deafen. Use all of it together, we should have ourselves a decent camp for the night

Talon will break out the 5 person rations, two sun rods and two thunderstones, and then figure out who eats what. If needs be then he will go hungry for a night, not for the first time.

What equipment did we find on the ratmen? I think it was mentioned that we were searching them, but nothing came of it.


Male Elf Ranger 4

As for the name of the Foxes... It's a useful cover. Right now they are a woefully poor in reputation mercenary company. Our plan, at least as best as I can tell it is to make it have a better reputation, and then show ourselves as Elves, therefore hopefully winning the respect of the nations around us.

Wil, I meant nothing by my earlier comment about the Abyss, more than the exasperation and so on that came through. We had a much harder time of that battle than might have needed to be the case, and it was frustrating for me, especially when I am not used to being so useless with my bow.


Spoiler:
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Suny offers what little she has up to the rest of the group as they prepare to settle in for the night.

She also asks Wilaml or some one else with a heal skill to help her check for and get rid of any remaining leaches or other 'things' she picked up with her swimming with the ratties. (^_^)

"Rilly...the only thing I gots is some candles..." She says as she offers them to hep with lighting the place. "Would be a cheaper way than usin' them magicy rods, hey?" (^_^)


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

I don't think we got any of the Ratmen as the gas stopped us from overtaking their position and I am sure we don't need rat pelts ;)

Wil listens to Talon and waves off the concern, Wil's feelings hadn't been hurt in the slightest. "No apologies needed Brother, I am merely wore out from using up my ability, I hadn't expected such a... Coordinated effort so soon after entering this place. Forgive my slip in proper etiquette." He too pulls out some rations and a small cooking kit setting them out so the others could use them. "Not much to cook with down here but if we mix some of it with water it should be a little more edible."

Heal 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

His hands were shaking, despite his best efforts he couldn't stop them from shaking. He picked up one of the candles and lit it before looking to Lienilda, the Leeches were quite taken with Suny and it would be a painful process to burn them off if his hands kept shaking. "Could you lend me a hand Lienilda, these leeches are quite attached to our Sister here... And I have found that my hands are still shaking from the fight earlier." He hadn't forgot the crossbow bolt that had struck him, he sighed. [i]Better me then someone else, we came too close to losing one of our own today... Oh so close.[/ooc]


Spoiler:
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Suny looks over her bare, brown shoulder at Wilaml, her large blue eyes blinking in the candle light,

"Are ye all right there?" She asks quietly.

"I c'n offer some soothin' if'n ye've more things what ail ye." She points out.


HP 23/51, AC 26, CMD 25, Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4

Azlain only nods at Lienilda's decision. Whatever these people were up to, it was as good a place as any to start. He moved next to her, not really interacting with the others.

What would I even say? Where would I begin?


Female Wood Elf Cleric 2

"I'll try," says Lienilda, getting up and moving over to Suny.

Aid Another Heal: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Seltyn's still injured, but he'll be fine later if somebody can heal or cast a cure light.

He turns to Spider. Is there a magic college or a library that I could get into? I've got some spells I've been working on that I could use tomorrow, if I had the right facility.


Female Wood Elf Cleric 2

You can use the CLW I casted above if you want. I'm not really sure who to apply it to, which is why I said "the person closest to death". If you're sure it applied to someone else, I'll cast another for you.


Spider leads Seltyn to a magic academy. He picks up two level 2 spells of his choice.

1d20 ⇒ 1


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

Wil smiles warmly at Suny's offer as he shakes his head. "Its been awhile since I have had to fight in cramped quarters and sleep is the only cure for me weakness. Thank you though Suny, your offer is appreciated." With Lienilda's help they used flame and fingertip to remove the troublesome leeches.

How low is Seltyn? Now that he is level three I can use Heal Deadly Injuries and get 3 hp back and save on a heal spell~

Lienilda: If you need some uses of a healers kit Wils got a couple of them, so just let me know. :)


Spoiler:
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Suny nods at Wilaml's comments and then, after all of her little passengers have been removed, gives both Wilaml and Lienilda a big, grateful hug.

The rest of the evening she gets ready to settle down for the night.


Male Elf Ranger 4

It feels good to have a cleric in the group, not having to worry about the healing again.

What is the plan for the watch system? I would suggest Seltyn and perhaps Suny take first, then myself and Youpointing to Alzainfollowed by Spider and Lienilda


Female Wood Elf Cleric 2
Wilaml Fmelvam wrote:
Lienilda: If you need some uses of a healers kit Wils got a couple of them, so just let me know. :)

I'll keep that in mind.

Lienilda looks askanse at Spider and then quickly looks away.


Male Elf Ranger 4

If you have objections then voice them now, but this way both of those that seem to have some larger link to the divine actually gain the hours of rest that they need. Will can sleep it through this night without a watch, and then when it comes to another night then someone else will have a full night of no watches, and it will rotate around. This is survival, and I am damned if I will see us be ambushed in the night.


Spoiler:
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Now free of the sewer's smaller inhabitants, Suny skips up to Talon and chirps happily,

"Okies then!" Before beginning to randomly just wander about the cave they're all bedding down in.

Perception:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 (Rolling for her watch now to save time)


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

Suny's sudden embrace catches Wil off guard and for a moment he freezes, he wasn't used to that at all and was at a complete loss as to how to respond. This is Karma isn't it? "Your, uh, welcome Suny." Wil stammers a little, totally unlike his normally charismatic self but the last week had changed his world completely.

He listens to Talon and nods in agreement while adding. "I don't mind joining Spider and Lienilda in the morning or wherever you need me. It gives me time to maintain my gear as well as Commune. Thank you Talon." He levels his pack against the wall and starts rummaging through it, he would be the type to bring a pack full of items into a sewer. He may have left his furs in his room but he still had a bedroll and thankfully this area was cleaner then the rest. After rolling it out he pulled off his armored coat and wrapped it around himself as he leaned against the wall.

"If someone needs a place to sleep you can use my Bedroll. My coat is quite warm." He normally would have had his furs but he opted to leave those behind, best not to ruin them in the filthy sewers.


Seltyn and Spider return. Spider pulls out a wooden holy symbol showing a beer mug, and, curiously, it works too as a key. The evening passes uneventfully. Setlyn has his mind full of more magic knowledge when he awakes (update list).

Let me know what the plans are.


HP 23/51, AC 26, CMD 25, Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4

They already trust me to guard them?

The masked elf's eyebrows raise a bit, surprised at being addressed. He nods slowly. "Very well."


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

I don't have a plan. Maybe we should just leave. We're getting nowhere here.


Spider says, "We already found out who is stirring up the rats. We need to find their stash of treasure now."


Spoiler:
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

At the end of her turn at watching Suny simply crawls under Wilaml's blanket and wraps it (And herself) around him.

Come the 'morning' Suny rises, yawns, stretches, shivers, shimmies and shakes herself out before getting back into her adventuring gear. (^_^)

"Sweet! Lets go get them shiny's!" She exclaims happily.


Male Elf Ranger 4

we sleep, then go looking. Our spell resources are gone for a day, and we have all been battered. None more so than I. Would you like to know how close I came to feasting at Erastil's hall tonight?


Spoiler:
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

*Points up thread a tad to "Chainmail Yesterday, 05:12 AM" post.* (^_~) I think th' Dm be movin' us along. (^_^)


Male Elf Ranger 4

Azlain and I on point, lets explore


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

Wil slept fairly well, that was until he realized he wasn't alone. He slept awkwardly then, it was a new experience for him. When she finally got up in the morning he rose shortly after, feigning sleep and communing quietly with the higher powers before gathering his gear. He quietly pulls on his armored coat and picks up his shield. "The Spider is right, now we know the culprits and its time to press forward. Especially now that we have strength in numbers and resolve. By this days end the rat men will be on their knees."

Wil takes his place alongside Suny at the rear of the pack as they prepare to explore once more. As the others gather there things Wil smiles at Suny and shakes his head. "You are full of surprises. Where do you get your energy?"


Spider takes you back to the four way intersection. "Do we go back down ratman alley?"


HP 23/51, AC 26, CMD 25, Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4

Azlain wasn't quite sure what his newfound companions were seeking, but it didn't much matter to him.

I am week. I need allies. Need to ingratiate myself. Also need to test my new limits.

He took point along with the one called Talon, saying nothing, blade drawn.


Male Elf Ranger 4

Kill the rats


Spider request Suny swim with him in the channel to scout ahead.


Spoiler:
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Will Save:1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13

For a few seconds Suny looks at Spider, her gaze intense and focused. Then just as quickly she's all grins and giggles as she strips off her armor and clothes,

"Okeys then, time t'get wet, slippy and nekkid!" So saying she slips into the channel and disappears beneath the surface.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

They'll be right back, right? Seltyn asks.

He's ready to carry Suny's gear bundled under one arm, as long as he can keep a hand free, if we're trailing them.


Male Elf Ranger 4

Wrapping stuff as best he can, Talon will dive in also and swim, most likely about 40feet or so and then surface, hopefully on the other side of the cloud.

I take it all 5 trail rations were used up?


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

Wil hadn't had much time to think this morning, he gathered his things, drawn his blade and followed the others with his shield raised. Despite being ready for battle he wasn't prepared for Suny's ability to be so uninhibited. To be so free. It must be wonderful. But for me it will never exist... He watched Seltyn pick up her clothing and offered to help carry some of it if needed.

He stood ready to advance forward while guarding the rear of the group. "Today we will defeat these Rat Men and discover their purpose."

Wil ate his own rations, thanks though Talon. :)

1,051 to 1,100 of 3,750 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Team Elf in Elves versus Dwarves - Dwarves and Gnomes KEEP OUT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.