Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Elven team in Campaign Elves vs Dwarves -- Dwarves and Gnomes Keep Out (Inactive)

Game Master Chainmail

An old school homebrew campaign for a party of Elves. They will interact with a party of dwarves on an increasing basis.
Current map


51 to 100 of 3,750 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Wood Elf Druid 2

The queen was incredibly intimidating. I didnt understand the magic she used, but somehow she knew what might happen in the future. On one hand, it was comforting to know that we had some insight into what might happen, but on the other hand, knowing my fate was frightening. Her question about a new companion unnerved me.

My queen, I fear I cannot accept your offer. Please do not take that as a slight on you. Ingwe and I have seen each other truly, and that is something I cannot discount. If it is your command that I must set him aside... I will... find a way, but to understand, imagine setting your right arm aside. I cannot.

Mar was afraid, having contradicted his queen, but knew that he was doing what was right, both for himself and for Ingwe.


The queen gazes into the distance. "I saw another possible future. I saw our best seaman challenged by a difficult task, but easily guided by a creature of the sea. I looked futher and I saw a bond form that hindered you on many future endeavors. Your heart is true. My every fear for your immediate peril blinded me to the greater future."


As as a good #2, Talon helps ready the boat while Seltyn studies his magic books(s). The amazingly docile leopard leaps nimbly aboard and settles on the open deck of the single masted elvish cargo ship. The old sea elf says "You can deploy your best lookout on the prow to look for danger; there is platform there for just that purpose."

I need the planned arrival time from noon on the appointed time to X hours before. Let me know if you want the captain to land in the harbor, or try a landing at an alternate landing site.

I need 2 perception roles for the main lookout once he is chosen, and 2 rolls for three helpers that can aid. Any more forward lookouts unbalance the ship. Clearly label these roles (1) and (2). Seltyn and Talon can roll for anyone that is not timely by their standards. If you are new to Pathfinder, remember your elf bonus.

As the ship departs you realize you are leaving the last place that is truly safe for you in the world.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Velesia's as perceptive as anyone (1). I think she could handle the job with one eye closed. Talon, too, with his archer's eye and hunter's instinct (2). Elorin's striking eyes can do more than just charm a fellow (2). Marlamin and his friend Ingwe are also used to seeking out threat or prey(2).

Sadly, I've spent so much time with my books, I'm not much of a spotter these days. I think these elves seem well up to the task.

Actually, everyone but Seltyn has 7 or better perception. We've got some aware mofos!


We are elves... or semi-elves, anyway. :)

Telethal lets the smarter folk do their planning. His strength has always been - and will always be - when blades are bared. He nods in thanks to the elven Lady at the offer of the gear upgrade, but otherwise tries to keep from day-dreaming as the seemingly unending meeting drags on. (I'm not trying to rush things. This is simply the persepctive of a slow-witted, action-oriented character.)

Also, I'm fine with our general plan, and I'll make my gear decision when I get my answer from Chainmail in teh Discussion thread.


The captain approaches the natural harbor and squints his eyes. The coastline runs from NNE to SSW and a dense jungle goes both directions from the cleared human encampment. "Do I tack to the port or starboard to avoid notice and try for an althernate landing site? A closer approach to the harbor risks discovery.

He looks at the sky and notes the time of day which has yet to be determined.


(I'm switching Telethal's weapon from a Ranseur to a longspear if that's fine... it just fits better for his concept in my mind. Hope that's fine. I won't keep switching things like this.)

Telethal stands on this boat's wood floor, long spear held comfortingly in his hands as he looks towards the shores. The captain kept rolling his eyes when Telethal called the floor a floor, Why would they need a different name for a floor when it's on a boat? All he can do is give another mental shrug... people are strange.. a floor's a floor.

He touches his new breastplate the Lady had given him. Well, she didnt' give it to me herself, but she meant me to have it. He relished the gift. Not many had given him anything, and a gift from such a beautiful woman. His thick lips parted in a smile as his mind came back to the present. Who knows, he thinks to himself, maybe these humans will get stupid and we'll get to beat them down. Fighting always made him smile.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

I'd like to approach just before sunrise. I think we could pull up to the dock, and Talon and Velesia could pull their hoods up and try to look inconspicuous, and find positions they can hide and spot from. I'll cast message, and as long as Talon's within 110' of me, he can whisper messages I can hear, and I can keep the spell going as long as needed (yay, PF!). If the humans want to ambush us, we'll all go on my signal. I'll scream "Attack!" in Elf, then whatever intel Talon's given me that would help.

What's the layout of the place, Captain? We might just go right in, and drop off our stealth team before anyone notices them.

To Talon and Velesia: Wrap your weapons to look like duffel bags, if there are guards, and try to find good vantage points. If you spot anything that looks like a trick, Talon, just whisper, and I'll hear it. We attack at once on my signal. Hopefully, it won't come to that.

I then cast message on Talon, renewing it every 10 minutes. Mic check. Mic check!

I'll wait for a description of the dock, who's there, etc., before I try to plan more. Everyone will have a role to play!


Female Elf Rogue 1

The past six months have been a blur for Velesia. At one moment it seemed like she was just starting out on some great adventure, only to find that she had been embroiled in the elf queen's mysticism the entire time. Though thankful for the queen's guidance, it had all been very confusing. She was glad that things were looking more orderly now.

Coming out of her reverie, Velesia greeted the companions with a nod, preparing her gear and keeping a weather eye out at the prow.

Lots of rolls!
Sleight of Hand to hide daggers on person (daggers get +2 bonus due to size):1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Sleight of Hand to hide shortsword on person:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
(1)Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
(1)Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Velesia leaves her shortbow and quiver on her back as always. "Don't want them to think I'm completely unarmed, now do I?" She smiles at Seltyn and Talon, as if to ask 'what do you think?'

Talon, if you'd like Velesia can help you hide your other weapons. I don't think we can make a longbow disappear into a duffel bag, however.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Asides to various characters:

Telethal: I have an enlarge person spell readied. If I shout "Attack," my next move will be to hit you with the spell, so be ready to get big and clear the dock of anyone with little round ears.

Elorin: Just be your charming self, and try to negotiate one pouch for the supplies. If things go south, offer them two. If I say "attack," get behind Telethal and use your magic to support us and start killing. We take the supplies, one way or another. It's their choice, really. They'd be fools to deny your charming allure, don't you think?

Mar: I'd like you at the gangway, keeping people off the boat, and Ingwe out of sight on the boat, protecting the captain directly. If he gets hurt, we'll have a hard time getting back. Be ready with some healing magic, if you can. There could be casualties. Run up and help fight, or hang back and shoot, whichever seems best. Nothing gets on the boat but elves and supplies.


Male Wood Elf Druid 2

Mar listened as Seltyn gave directions. The plan seemed to make sense. Ingwe would be a good guard for the captain, if all else failed. Although I would hope that they never made it on board.

Ingwe, defend the captain from any attackers. Mar looked at the captain, addressing him directly. Captain, Ingwe will protect you against anyone until I give the order to stop. Please stay as hidden as possible.

Well, that'll help. A leopard isnt exactly meant for battling on a boat, but...

With Ingwe's task set, Mar went towards the front of the boat to try and see what he could about the dock.

Perception Rolls:

(2)Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
(2)Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

I didnt bother to have the companion up and do perception checks, since he cant communicate, lol. Also, should I do a stealth roll for him to stay out of sight?


Male Elf Ranger 4

Perception rolls for lookout of ship
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

To Velesia Your help on any disguises would be useful, although how much we might be able to do with the longbow I do not know. My sap could most certainly be disguised or hidden or something without what I assume would be too much effort.

I will be carrying nothing but my weapons of note, my bedroll and the like are staying here with the boat. I want to be free to move around as much as necessary.

Currently carrying bow, 100 arrows, sap, thunderstone and armour


Telethal nods to the general instruction, then once again at Seltyn's instruction about his big-makin' spell. Not wanting to waste any time, he goes to stand by Elorin, not making any effort to hide his weapon. "I won't let them hurt you." he says down to the smaller elf as he gives his best reassuring grin... the facial scarring and ruined eye and ear turning it into a painful-looking grimace.


Female Elf Rogue 1

Velesia smiles at Talon. "The sap can be hidden just fine. You might want to leave some of those quivers out of sight, however. No sense in making it look like we plan for a fight. Your choice if you want the bow readied or not." Velesia gets down to bisiness, hiding the small sap on Talon's person.

Sleight of Hand1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Male Elf Ranger 4

I like to have my bow ready at all times. Many a rabbit has ended up in a cooking pot because of my ability to quickly draw and use it without having to have it restrung. Indeed assistance to hide say 4 of the quivers would be appreciated if you would be so kind


upon hearing the instructions she prepares the appropriate spells and gets her self in to the right frame of mind for negotiating. feeling reassured that with everyone's help we can all succeed.

"I am ready to be our voice and to do what I can to speed along negotiations. my spells are ready but I hope we do not need them."

"I am sure you wont Telethal, you look more than capable of looking after yourself as well as others" She wonders to herself where he got the scar from and ponders if she should ask later.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Okay, gang. That's the plan. I'm hoping there won't be anyone around when we dock, and our stealthy members can find good places to spot and snipe. After that, we wait 'til noon or so, when the supplies should be showing up, then we'll size up the deal. If the stealth team needs to tinkle, now would be the time.

The wizard giggles just a little. He thinks he's funny.

Much depends on the nature of the place itself. If there are guards or some such, Velesia may have to bluff their way past them. The "I'm not using that disgusting head!" gambit might work. LOL


The tall half-blood barks out a laugh and turns to nudge the small elf beside him, letting her in on the clever joke, "HA! Tinkle... means pee."


Male Elf Ranger 4

I shall indeed take this time to tinkle if that is your advice. Also, I would appreciate if you would confirm who is going with the stealthy team so that we may also talk some form of strategy. We are likely to need some help getting in and out of the town, and I am not altogether sure how we would exfiltrate from the town and back into the boat. After all, if you are in the boat and dealing with that, even if things go well, how would we meet once more?


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

Elorin gives a small laugh, and slightly catches her balance as Telethal nudges her. I wonder if he knows his own strength. she thinks to herself.Not to worry Talon, we can arrange to pick you both up where we drop you off, or if it all goes array you will be joining us in the fight anyway. either way we would not leave you stranded.


Female Elf Rogue 1

"Well, quivers of arrows aren't exactly easy to hide Talon. What I meant was more of a 'leave them on the boat' direction of action. You won't be able to hide the bow, so at least one quiver should be fine. Holding the others must be rather cumbersome, I think."


Male Elf Ranger 4
Velesia Shadestep wrote:
"Well, quivers of arrows aren't exactly easy to hide Talon. What I meant was more of a 'leave them on the boat' direction of action. You won't be able to hide the bow, so at least one quiver should be fine. Holding the others must be rather cumbersome, I think."

To Velesia If you believe that to be the best course of action, then I will take jut two quivers with me. 40 arrows seems fairly reasonable to me. Is that a reasonable compromise?

To Elorin Aye, that you have stated you will not leave us behind allays my fears significantly. I would propose that when we come away with the supplies that we have a night of revelry and song. A way to release tension and once more acquaint ourselves with one another.


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

I am always up for a song, should we be successful and without injury. Though through our six months training we learned a lot about our elven heritage, we did not have the chance to learn much about each other beyond our ability's. I know I would like to get to know all of you and celebrate and share in victory's and commiserate and mourn in the rare defeats with you all.Happy to have something social suggested, she begins secretly setting it up in her head.

Though she took her training very very seriously, she has grown more curious about the band of people she is with.Where did Telethal's scars come from?, why does Talon carry so many arrows?, How did Marlamin and Ingwe get so close? How did Velesia get as skilled as she is? and many other questions crossed her mind. but most of all she wanted to know, who these intrepid elves are, that she may one day be trusting her life with in battle.


Male Elf Ranger 4

With a smile upon his face, Talon noticed the bard once more. The barbarian seemed rather sweet on her. It was often true that at times of great hardship then all kinds of people would be brought together. Possibly the best example of this was the very people that he was now spending time with on the boat.

Do the maidens who live wherever it is that you came from not admire a man who has all kinds of battle scars upon his personage, but is able to remember where each came from and tell of heroic deeds and much treasure gained? Surely experience of life and love is important, and indeed critical for a man to not only know himself and his capabilities, but also those of anyone who might oppose him?


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15
Talon Moonwalker wrote:
I would appreciate if you would confirm who is going with the stealthy team so that we may also talk some form of strategy. We are likely to need some help getting in and out of the town, and I am not altogether sure how we would exfiltrate from the town and back into the boat. After all, if you are in the boat and dealing with that, even if things go well, how would we meet once more?

I'm hoping you'll both be able to find vantage points very close to us. If the augury indicates archers, it would be good if you and Velesia are there to shoot them before they know you're there. She'll need to be very close to snipe precisely.

It may happen that there won't be any place for you two to hide. In that case, keep a lookout for any signs of an ambush and whisper their locations to me. Start firing on the signal. If anyone gets surprised, it must be them.

@ the captain: Are there buildings near the dock? Roofs? Are there lots of ships there, or just a few? Just what are we sailing into?


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

Are you asking if I have friends to set you up with?she giggles slightly.Only joking my friend. I am not against scars, I have one or two myself, under this armour and I am most certainly not against good storys. I was simply hoping we would not get scars on this voyage. I hope we do not have injury of any kind. amused by Talons use of the word maidens, she couldn't help but giggle. She wasn't sure anyone spoke like that anymore.


Male Elf Ranger 4
Elorin Silentall wrote:
Are you asking if I have friends to set you up with?she giggles slightly.Only joking my friend. I am not against scars, I have one or two myself, under this armour and I am most certainly not against good storys. I was simply hoping we would not get scars on this voyage. I hope we do not have injury of any kind. amused by Talons use of the word maidens, she couldn't help but giggle. She wasn't sure anyone spoke like that anymore.

Blushing at the slight pointed comment about whether he wanted to be 'set up with someone, he was glad for the pointers that Seltyn mentioned about staying close and that he would have backup in the form of Velesia.

It seemed that the bard had not only a beautiful singing voice, but a sharp wit and a very keen intelligence. The few exchanges he had had with her had left him feeling rather outmatched.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

@ Elorin and Telenthal: If anyone asks, you, Elorin, are the agent in charge of the transaction, representing the Lady. Telethal, obviously, is your bodyguard. I'll be behind him with some papers in my beltpouch, playing the bookkeeper, there to inventory the goods.

If I say "attack," Telethal will be 13 feet tall a few seconds later, so move back behind him at once and start your song, and draw your weapon of choice.

If your charm works, we may just sail away at the cost of a single pouch of the seeds. Then again, you know what they say about the best-laid plans of mice and elves...


Male Elf Ranger 4
Seltyn Sevenleaf wrote:

@ Elorin and Telenthal: If anyone asks, you, Elorin, are the agent in charge of the transaction, representing the Lady. Telethal, obviously, is your bodyguard. I'll be behind him with some papers in my beltpouch, playing the bookkeeper, there to inventory the goods.

If I say "attack," Telethal will be 13 feet tall a few seconds later, so move back behind him at once and start your song, and draw your weapon of choice.

If your charm works, we may just sail away at the cost of a single pouch of the seeds. Then again, you know what they say about the best-laid plans of mice and elves...

Your words speak the truth. Now let us continue with our plans and see what we can do.


The grizzled captain with an eerie mix of elvish and reptilian features (including vestigial gills) recounts...
"The natural harbor is enclosed by large natural stone walls providing the anchored ships shelter from the elements. The moment I entered last year I was becalmed immediately upon entry, but gently coasted to a large pier extending out from shore and separating the circular harbor in two halves. Two smaller piers in sections were attached to both sides of the natural harbor along the stone walls and the shore until they met at the base of the larger pier. The piers formed an almost closed circle with a line in the middle."

"A combination stairs/military tower provide access from the shore level to the settlement about 100 feet above. A vessel like ours would have to paddle to make it to the piers on the side which were little used for commercial activities, but from which women and children watched our coming. I do have paddles stored aboard. The main pier was where the reception committee waited."


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

So much for that awesome plan...LOL

I was imagining a simpler arrangement. We'll have to be more spontaneous, it seems.

If we can discharge the stealth team under cover of darkness, we could do it at one of the side piers. It depends on how much light there is and who's watching. They would then just do some reconnaissance and look for likely sniper spots, and return to the boat wherever we land it before light. That is, if it's a possibility.

We should have the boat as far out on the pier as possible, facing the sea, in case we need to make a "fast" getaway. Make them come to us, Elorin. Tell them we're in a hurry to get back, for whatever reason, and to bring the stuff out to the end of the pier. We'll have no cover, so neither should they. The farther we are from any hidden archers, the better.

Any other ideas? It seems my plans aren't all that elegant.


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

Understood Seltyn. I to hope it goes well. I am as prepared as I can be. listening to Seltyn's plan of action the task at hand seemed all of a sudden impending. whilst traveling on the vessel they where simply preparing but now they had a job to do and the impact of that job was becoming all the clearer. I was chosen for the Queen for a reason. She thought to herself. I can not fail her.


Male Elf Ranger 4

Aye, the awesome plans seems to have been thwarted already lol

If there is little chance for a stealthy arrangement by making it into the port itself, then that leaves us only the option of a jungle landing or going in at the normal and arranged time. Whilst the jungle landing itself is most likely full of dangers, it would still potentially allow us to make our way into the town with some degree of secrecy. The question then comes as to whether the risk is worth the reward. I am no longer convinced that it would be entirely.

Even in a best case scenario, a fast getaway would take several minutes, more than long enough for us to be peppered with holes from whatever archers that they have posted.

I will back you to the hilt on whatever plan you make Seltyn, but would caution that we may well have to abandon plans of skulduggery and stealth in order to get the supplies that we need. A straightforward approach might well be best. After all, did our information not say that elves are generally seen fairly ill in this town? If we were to create a scandal by being caught sneaking around the town, would it help our cause at all? Perhaps not.


"I can bring us to the brink of the threshold of the harbor for a recon at 6AM and we can adapt from there young master. I am honored to be a part of the planning process rather than a common ferryman."

"We could then attempt an alternate landing or kill some time on the ocean till the meeting time. I would not want to linger too long at the channel, as lookouts will probably report our arrival."


Male Wood Elf Druid 2

Mar listened as the plans were developed. The prospect of infiltrating the town didnt sound good. Why would we go in and try and raid some town?

Perhaps we are losing sight of the mission. I dont understand why we're sneaking around. We need the supplies, we have the seeds. The cost is high, but is it worth the risk to our people to try and fight them or raid them? If it goes down poorly, then we may have no choice.


Male Elf Ranger 4
Marlamin wrote:

Mar listened as the plans were developed. The prospect of infiltrating the town didnt sound good. Why would we go in and try and raid some town?

Perhaps we are losing sight of the mission. I dont understand why we're sneaking around. We need the supplies, we have the seeds. The cost is high, but is it worth the risk to our people to try and fight them or raid them? If it goes down poorly, then we may have no choice.

That is the exact point I am attempting to make. The risk to ourselves and those that we represent in this endeavour is possibly too high compared to what we would be gaining to attempt any secret moves and the like. Let us go with the original plan, with the noon and make the best of the situation. Between our own skills, Elorin's tongue and our wits I do not believe that there is anything we cannot beat


"I can also bring up to two two-elf canoes with paddles. You may use them to paddle to the side piers. As mentioned by the ranger, a fast getway on the main boat may be advantageous. Maneuvering my ship too far in the sheltered, becalmed channel and committing our crew to paddling rather than wielding bows is not recommended if we consider this 'hostile' territory."

"Velesia, what do you think of the proposed plans?; your knowledge of stealth is unparallelled? Would you be up for 'socializing' with an old sea sailor before disembarking on such a dangerous mission? It is possible this may be our last chance for some quiet time for a while. Others would probably be taken aback by my piratical history before I swore my service to the queen and my lack of social graces.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

I think Talon's right. One of us getting caught sneaking around there would cause no end of trouble for us, and would do us little good anyway. We should stay together.

I still like the rest of the plan, though. We're there, docked, and anxious to get going at first light. That will lend credibility to Elorin's story.

We could, as soon as possible, start inquiring about getting the boat loaded and moving out early. If they feel a little pressured, they may not be able to get all their pieces in place. If they stall, we can start acting indignant, even suspicious: Why the delay? Are you trying to deceive us? Where's the stuff?

I've no doubt that Elorin, sweet as she is, can turn up the drama if she wants to. Also, if we do see anything suspicious, we can call it out: Is that a sniper? Are you trying to ambush us? You're not up to any tricks, are you?

If we're the ones who are quick to anger, they'll know we can't be toyed with. We get the goods, they get the seeds. Anything less, and we just take the stuff and leave.


Male Elf Ranger 4

I would also like to propose a deal whereby they get one bag of seeds before we get the goods on board, and then if they are still sticking to their two bag price, then we give the bag once we are about to cast off. The primary goal is to get those supplies and ourselves back in one piece. We are no good to the queen if we are at the bottom of the sea.

It is curious that the Captain only mentioned the canoes when we were re-evaluating our strategy to a safer option. I wonder what else he is hiding?

Let us get there for first light and hope for the best. The sooner we have carried out this task, the more at ease I am sure we will all be. The longer we sit around here and do nothing, the more our own self doubts creep in. We may well be making a hurricane out of a slight breeze.


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

I agree Seltyn, first light is probably best. oh I can turn up the drama like the best of them. I am sure they are as anxious as we are to get this transaction dealt with as quickly as possible. As far as The one bag of seeds now and second later goes, it is worth a try. It gives both sides power in the transaction. I really think as long as we are careful the most we will get from them is stubbornness and the need to feel in charge. I can work with that no problem. I'm sure we have all dealt with bullies before.

DM; I cant post for around 6 hours now as I'm at work, so don't think I've disappeared at an important stage. I definitely want to be there when the negotiations take place. but if people want to rush ahead that's fine to. I am not saying put it on hold just for me, just explaining my gap in posting


Male Wood Elf Druid 2

Bullies... yes. I would love to return after we have the supplies, and truly teach whoever is in charge a lesson. Then, perhaps, we could put to use our strengths. Just dont lose track of the goal.

Mar has a hard time separating himself from the fact that they are there for others. Putting ourselves in danger, or causing problems only makes it less likely that we might fail those who are depending on us.

6 hours is not a lot of time, lol. If we have to wait a few hours for you to sweet talk some people, thats fine, lol.


Female Elf Rogue 1

"Ooh, a pirate! I like the sound of that. Have any tales of daring raids on human ships? I'd like to hear those." Taking her attentions away from their captain for a moment, Velesia ponders the other questions laid before the group. "Given what our beloved captain here has described for us, there is simply very little way to enter stealthily from the harbor. Frankly, I'm not sure even I'd be able to get all the way up to a sniping position without being seen. If we really wanted a backup team in there, they'd have to be anchored underneath the pier where the transaction was taking place, ready to climb out from under the pier itself. It isn't really ideal, but would help the pincer attack. However, given our goal is simply to acquire needed supplies without causing trouble, I think it might be best to simply put the straightforward plan into action. We might not catch them by surprise, but we all stay together, and we hopefully all stay safe."


The regal monarch calls the group in with a look of concern. She has purposefully excluded Windfavor.

"I am concerned about Windfavor and thought you should know some things about him. He is pining for a wood elf druidess that he ferried two years ago to the mainland. She never returned, and he meditates daily with a leaf of holly perfectly preserved by her tears."

The lady addresses the following words to Valesia and Elorin.

"I am reminded of an elven song from many years ago called Brandy--I think it was about a sea elf that liked brandy--and this sea elf pined for a female ranger. The words I remember some of them...(she sings in a perfect alto) 'the wood elves say Brandy, what a find husband you would be, but my life my love and my man is the trees.' Elorien, if you could somehow adapt this song for Windfavor, it may break him out of his despondency--it is quite relevant. I am worried he will be distracted making this annual trip which has bitter memories for him two years ago if you ask too much of him."

Maybe Windfavor proposed the canoes so that critical actions would be required of others and not of him.

After excusing everyone but Valesia and Elorin

Valesia and Elorin:
"Windfavor makes attachments easily. I would not like anyone to trifle with his affections; dalliances are beyond the best of the last of the Elfmaids."
"But, I have made him a lord of my own family house. He sits at my right hand during councils of war, and he has shown he can be true. He will be the foundation of any elven navy. My own husband was over 100 years old, and my only regret is that this caused me to survive him. These are times where the merit of this half elf sailor is more important than his bloodline. If I would question part of any romantic relationship with him, it will be clearly be the female side."

"Finally, I rely on you to keep in check our elvish males. Like Windfavor they can be too affected by the moment and matters of the heart. Please keep me informed on their progress. Sometimes it takes a lady to lead."


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

my queen ill gladly accept your request.goes to work on the song.


Does not have to be long at all or you can say the first verse of an epic song is...


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

My queen I have done some work on the song. After some research I believe I found the original song amongst my old papers, and adapted it for Windfavor. I eagerly await your opinion. I hope it will help to steady his heart and keep him on track.

Queen Ciedrel:
There's a ship... on a voyage to
a human bay.. captain brave in every way
Lonely sailor... passes the time away
taking people out and home.

And he was a man... known around town
he worked with the sea... sailing around
They say he, wont let you run aground"
his sailing it is mighty fine

The elves say "Windfavor, you're a fine man"
"What a good husband you would be"
"Yeah your eyes could steal the salt from the sea"

Windfavor... carries a heavy heart
he and an druidess been far apart
in truth... his loyalty to his queen
kept him going from the start

He came... on a summer's day
Bringing gifts... from far away
But he made it clear... he couldn't stay
No harbor was his home

The sailor said "druid, you're a fine girl"
"What a good wife you will be"
"But my life, my lover, my lady is the sea"

Windfavor kept a watchful eye
Always when he came to port
he could feel the ocean foam rise
he saw its raging glory
he always saw the truth, lord, he he wanted to see her face
But she is gone he understands

At night... when the bars close down
her spirit walks through a silent town
And loves a man... though she's not around
She still can hear him say

She hears him say, "druid, you're a fine girl"
"What a good wife you would be"
"But my life, my lover, my lady is the sea"

"Druid, you're a fine girl"

"What a good wife you would be"
"But my life, my lover, my lady is the sea"


Elorin:
"Perfect. You sing it better than I could and I would request that you preside as Master of Ceremonies and perform this song for him at an awards cermony tomorrow." DC 10 perform for excellent (less =adequate), 15 for incredible, 20 for flawless singing performance (consider + 2 circumstance bonus). You can describe the ceremony where Windfavor gets the Order of the Seas and a 50 year service medal.

Queen Ciedrel schedules an award ceremony for Windfavor's 50 years of service for the elven nation the eve of departure. Elorin is to preside.


"Wow, an awards ceremony for me; 50 years goes fast. What time are we sailing in the morning Setlyn?"

Windfavor is hoping to take a two-elf canoe out with someone tonight and needs to know what time the anchor goes up. That will affect how long he stays out.

Elorin - Valesia:
Obviously you decide if there are any canoe rides. You may describe your reaction to the canoe ride offer. By the way, Windfavor will not take two canoe rides.


Male Elf Ranger 4

If we were to get to the Human harbour at sunrise itself, which I think is the general new plan, then make your plans around that.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Correct. Sunrise or just before.

51 to 100 of 3,750 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Team Elf in Elves versus Dwarves - Dwarves and Gnomes KEEP OUT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.