Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Elven team in Campaign Elves vs Dwarves -- Dwarves and Gnomes Keep Out (Inactive)

Game Master Chainmail

An old school homebrew campaign for a party of Elves. They will interact with a party of dwarves on an increasing basis.
Current map


901 to 950 of 3,750 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

In Elven: "Brothers, we cannot waste the planning you have done to Liberate elven artifacts, along with overstocked military supplies, from the Depot. If there isn't too much of an uproar we can proceed to the Undercity to gain honor and prestige, once the liberation is complete. Now that I know you are willing to take on this commission, I... Am willing to to do what it takes to help our people and their allies." He pauses a moment and looks at Talon before adding. "After we get through with this dirty work, It would please me greatly to teach you. The path of a Paladin, nay, a Hospitlar is not easy and fraught with difficult choices." He clasped hands with Talon, agreeing to the pact and sealing his fate.

I will have to atone for this, gods grant me their strength a little longer. Hopefully my father will have my hide if he ever discovers my involvement. He'd have it twice for risking so much, I pray it is worth it...

He nods to Suny and smiles at her statement, her looks were not lost on him though and he quickly refocused on the task ahead. There would be a lot of fighting ahead, no matter the preparation. There was always a fight to be had.


Wil:
The Spider does not register any evil.

Spider mentions, "If you are going to do both, it may be better to do the undercity task first. We may have to depart this town quickly after the raid, maybe even rush to the desert rather than south to throw suspicion away from your allies. The good news is my end comes out of Derrick's half and not yours."


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Suny watches as the conversation bounces from person to person. When 'Spider' makes his comment she frowns.

"Hang on a-minute. Why kent we do th' thing peoples is sayin' we should do first...an' then do th' thing peoples is sayin' we should do second, since one seems t'be runnin' afoul o' th' tide an' t'other dunt seem t'be goin nowhere...?" She blinks, still frowning at Spider. (¬_¬)

Th' way ye be talkin', it does sound as if'n ye be thinkin' we's t'be gettin' caught?' And then her grin returns,

"Bugger that fer a lark! Who d'we dislike th' most an' where d'we git stuffs t'make it look like it were them whut done th' deed?" She rubs her hands in glee and chortles excitedly. (^_^)


The Spider produces three more medalions with a light blue fox on them. The metal fox seems to have a superior grin on his face. He puts them on the table.
"If you are in, you can have these insignias. I took them from the property room for prisoners when 'The Blue Foxes' came through a while ago. The Blue Foxes are a mercenary company with a less than stellar reputation, rumor has it they have cheated and stolen from their employers at times."


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

Wil frowns, he hadn't mean't to change their delicate planning, but the Spider had a good point. They would have to leave the city quickly to avoid suspicion. "It is up to you Brothers and Sisters, we can attempt to complete the commission and then recover the artifacts. I hope I am not disrupting the delicate planning you have in place. I leave the choice to you." He sits, content with how things were proceeding, he delicately picked up the Fox medallion and looked at it for a moment before looping it over his neck. "Maybe we can change that mercenary companies reputation... Eventually."


Male Elf Ranger 4

In time we most likely can. I wonder what might be the best way to do this just as you do. We might learn much by developing our knowledge of the under city. Perhaps there is something that we can capitalise on there. Let us leave the liberation for a moment and explore.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Good point, Talon. I'm up for some education on what this city has buried.


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

Wil avoided sighing in relief, he wouldn't be breaking his vows just yet. Thank the gods. Nodding to the others he turned and quickly gathered his extra supplies from his room. With how well he had organized things earlier, it was an easy matter to pack what he needed and within a few minutes he slipped back into the briefing room and set down his loaded pack.


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Suny sidles over to Wilaml,

"PSST! Would there be some wheres t' store me box?" She whispers, indicating the chest that the Gentle-Elf so helpfully assisted her in carrying to their current location.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Seltyn will alter his spells a bit.


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

Scolding himself silently, Wil leads Suny to his room and helps her carry her chest along with them. "Hopefully you do not mind this for now, when we return I will see to you getting a room or I will surrender my quarters for your use."


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Suny laughs at Wilaml's suggestion.

"I dun't mind 'Hot bunkin'. Things tend t'be a tad crowded a-board ship, don't-cha know." She grins amiably.

So then, whut've we gotten our-self into with this delvin' in't these nether places?" She asks as the chest is tucked into a tidy corner of the room.

Feel free to bring Suny 'Up to speed' in a spoiler or such. (^_^)


The caravan master notes the group has grown. The three story building he has access to has plenty of extra rooms. Everyone easily has their own dorm-style room.

Looking over the sewer map Wil was give with his key there is an entrance with a locked grating less than three blocks away behind a public bathing house.


The Spider notices the change of focus to the undercity.

"Well, looks like I need to run home and get some clothes I can get dirty and some armor, or do you want to do this alone? I am recommending a crack of dawn start, as you probably want to be able to count on getting from any undercity entryway back here in daylight. I think daytime egress is better for eluding pursuit--disguises be dammed if we are fleeing for our lives."

Spider eagerly tries to be of help to Suny to get settled.

"I have a great idea for a disguise - disguise swindle if I am coming along."

Spider makes some quick sketches of Wil and Talon.


Male Elf Ranger 4

My apologies if I seem suspicious, but what are your terms for your assistance? I ask only because it would be good to know where we stand with you before going into a place where our lives might depend on you


The Spider get a serious expression and continues, "Actually, we should probably all talk about terms."

He points to Suny and Wil.

"These elves are new, they weren't in the original plan. I assume they are in the half and half split on the raid and are in the elf half. This undercity working for 'the man' job, I think it is the knight who took the commission. I have found a knight's sense of fairness to be enough for me--I accept whatever terms he grants me. As for my motivations, I have been known to do things to impress the pretty ladies."

The Spider looks at Suny and winks.

"If a few baubles some my way too, so much the better."


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Suny grins then giggles at Spiders flirting.

"Oh aye! Shinys be a great way t'get some people's attention." Though she does shrug,

As fer m'self bein' some 'Wash up on'a storm', ye dun't have t'worry none, I done said I be in fer a copper, in fer a pound!" She tries to reassure her new companions.

"Now, what be this kit t'hide our true colours?" She asks, leaning forwards excitedly.


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

Once Suny is settled into her new room, Wil settles back down and fills her in on what he knows. "I was serving with the Free Companions before meeting the Foxe's on the roadway. If I understand correctly they are assisting a new monarch to hold onto his kingdom by trying to strengthen it through the use of... less then diplomatic measures. Success is paramount though or else both their new ally and their homeland, who relies on their human neighbor for coastal defense, will be open to attack. The commission is something I took upon myself, as both a means to accrue honor and prestige for both my family and the Foxes, as their reputation appears to be less then stellar."

Not wanting to be rude he bows his head to the Spider and replies to his question. "Aside from Honor and Prestige, any and all treasures we find will be shared equally among our number. And if we find something that would make ones shares greater then another. We will either sell the item and split the return or find a compromise. Hopefully you will find the terms acceptable... Err.. Spider" It was far to obvious that Wil has a hard time calling the man a Spider, preferring to know names but as the man hadn't introduced himself as anything other then The Spider he would stick with it. "Also I will not go disguised, I will be breaking enough codes as it is. Besides if we are attacking at night they should have hard enough time discerning whether I am a tall human or something else, I will make sure to where my helm and keep the visor shut. If we strike quickly enough the most they will remember is the flash of a club and the stars accompanying the blow upside the head." He took a long drink from his now cold coffee.


The three block jaunt to the locked grating goes rather uneventfully.

The grate has an oversized padlock that keeps the grate in place. When opened, the grate swings down. Looking throught the coars grating that acts as a door you can see down. A metal ladder loosely attached to the underside of the 5'x5' opening goes down into the darkness.

The ladder seems a little rickety, but looks to be attached to a rotting wooden vertical beam on the way down.


Male Elf Ranger 4

Talon takes one more look at the people that are once again following his lead into the darkness.

I will take the lead for the moment, stay about 15 feet behind me at all times. Basic hand signals for communication now ok, lets not make more noise than we have to.

Talon will then go to show the hand signals he means, a fist clenched means immediate stop, hands pointing in different methods left and right etc to indicate direction, and then using the fingers to count off if there are enemies.

If there is going to be a problem I will signal in these manners. We do this, we might be able to get the element of surprise on any dangers. I would also suggest that we keep weapons out just in case. No point in giving away any advantage that we don't have to.

His face becomes hard and serious, his hands run over Oneshot to make sure all is well.

He then climbs down into the sewers.

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Before Talon enters, the lock needs to be opened. Wil has a skeleton key that fits.

Talon's bow says in a quiet by clear elvish voice, "Don't think they'll be any goblins down there." The voice is full of disappointment.


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Suny descends last, drawing her curved-blade once down and she settles in to her role as 'Tail-end Charlie'.

Perception:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Male Elf Ranger 4

My apologies, from your description I had assumed that we had already taken the time to open the grating etc.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Seltyn casts light on the top of Flambeaux's banner pole, renewing it as needed (20 min). He then casts mage armor on himself (AC 17/13/15).
Lead the way, Talon.


The crawling is officially begun, you have crossed the threshold. Climb DC 8 to get down the rickety ladder. If one person goes successfully and communicates up to the top, DC 6 for rest. Two checks required, it is a 40' descent to the middle of a tunnel. If you are trying to be quiet, make a stealth roll. The iron ladder can make some noise if you are not careful.


Male Elf Ranger 4

By the grace of the gods may we have better luck than last time

Talon then swings down onto the ladder, making his way

Assuming you will allow my previous perception check result to stand then

Climb check 1 and 2
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Stealth roll
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Perception once at the bottom of the ladder

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

At first his grip of the ladder is a little tentative, but about a half way down he gains in confidence, utterly silent as he descends. Thank god for that extra point in climb, otherwise I might have been in trouble.

The darkness of the sewer takes a few moments to adjust to.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Stealth 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Climb1:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Climb2:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Stealth:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Suny mutters under her breath as the two handed sword across her back tangles and clanks against the metal ladder.


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

After unlocking the door Wil waits patiently for the others to duck into the grating entrance before following in behind them.

climb take 10 - 3= 7
stealth 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (5) - 3 = 2
Perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Wil grimaced with every metallic raffle of his armor, as it easily drowned out the minute taps of Suny's blade as she climbed down. May as well sound a dinner bell, gods I should have listened to my instructors about moving quietly in armor... He quickly draws his longsword and readied his shield, moving defensively so long as he is able to keep up with the group.


Talon takes his time and arrives at the bottom quietly and scans the area, his eyes easily adjusting to the dim light.

rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 91d20 ⇒ 71d20 ⇒ 9

Spider quickly and quietly climbs down.

The circular tunnel has a five foot wide slick area on one side (about an inch of water), and very slick area filled with an oozy liquid flowing in a five foot wide channnel. The two tunnels extend for at least the 40' of dim light. Ocassional pieces of refuse, driftwood, and clumps of dirts are scattered both the wet, and moist side. As Will takes his time down the ladder making a loud metal on stone sound that echoes down the tunnel, Talon notices a small form swimming his way in the water about 30' away.

Oneshot whispers 'I want to shoot it'.


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

At the whispered words from the fore of the group, Suny crouches and tries to peer around people's legs to see what might be causing some fuss.

Perception:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Meh... :P

Also, I fergot which person I were. Suny has two rather distinctive swords upon either hip. Not one large one across her back. Sorry fer any confuzzlment. (^_^)


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Seltyn stands ready to assist, looking also to see what it is.

Percep: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

WOW!


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

Sadly your next roll will be a 1 >.<:


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Verily.


Male Elf Ranger 4

Talon waits till it comes into proper view


It gets to ten feet and looks like a large beaver. Wil is still climbing down and taking his time. The Spider seems oblivious to its approach as he looks the other direction.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Spider! What's that big beaver-looking thing?


Talon and Spider are down in the tunnel. Wil is climbing carefully down.


Init:
Talon/Spider/Swimmer
1d20 ⇒ 151d20 ⇒ 151d20 ⇒ 20

Wil's deliberate climbing draws a predator.

The creature emerges and turns out to be a rat the size of a large dog which rushes Talon for a quick bite. It has lightning reflexes.

Attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 251d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

After Talon take a horrible bite from the huge rat. Spider draws a rapier and deftly dodges the creature through the slick waterway. Turning, Spider inflicts a horrible wound on the rat, but it is still alive and shrieking.

Acrobaticsx2/attack:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 121d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 151d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 142d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 3) + 1 = 8

Talon to go (-9hp). May want to draw and hit with flanking rather than give an AoO on difficult terrain.


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

O_o

"Biiig rat..." Suny whispers, even as she thinks gets her bow ready. Though perhaps drawing one of her blades might be the better option...(Not that there's a lot of room in here fer shootin' an' stuff.).


Male Elf Ranger 4

That bite puts him on just 5 hp.

Drawing rapier and hitting.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Sorry for such brevity, writing on my phone at the moment


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

If that didn't kill it. Seltyn will contribute a force missile.

1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

]still lurking let me know when to join initiative boss :)


Talon's riposte finishes off the large rat.

The rest of the group joins the two at the bottom of the ladder. The tunel is easily tall enough to stand erect, but to walk two abreast, one of the two would have to wade in 3 feet of dirty water.

The tunnel is north-south. North towards the river, south away from the river. Perceptive elven eyes notice nothing else of concern in the floating and washed up masses in the 30' radius bubble of dim light. The two tunnels go straight into the distance.

Spider speaks softly, "I am sure that isn't the last rat we will see."


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

I'll just put my finger away, then...


Male Elf Ranger 4

Seems that caution is not necessarily the correct strategy in this place. That bite was unpleasant. Seltyn, which was would you like to go?


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

I'll defer to Spider. Which way will show us the most?


Spider reflects for second.

"There is a higher concentration of exits and probably more tunnels toward the river. That is where the city sunk the most. Rumor has it that is where the entrances to deeper caves are too."

He points to the south and says "Not so scary."

He points to the north and say "Anywhere from 'sporty' to scary."


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Let's get Talon patched up and go north, then. We're here to clean things up and learn a bit, after all. Wil, can you help our ranger?


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Suny pads along at the rear of the group....definitely keeping a watchful eye upon the darkness that closes in behind the group as they move on.

Perception:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

"I must admit that gettin' closer t' th' river does sound nice t'me."[/b And she blushes, [b]"But then, I be a mite biased t'wards th' idea...." (^_^)

901 to 950 of 3,750 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Team Elf in Elves versus Dwarves - Dwarves and Gnomes KEEP OUT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.