Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Elven team in Campaign Elves vs Dwarves -- Dwarves and Gnomes Keep Out (Inactive)

Game Master Chainmail

An old school homebrew campaign for a party of Elves. They will interact with a party of dwarves on an increasing basis.
Current map


851 to 900 of 3,750 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Male Elf Ranger 4

Do you believe the man to be a threat?


The caravan resumes the trip north. As the camp is set up during the evening, the laborers set up the camp for the merchants. Among them is a large, hearty man with a set of burn scars over part of his face. Wil points him out as the one he noticed as evil.

As is the custom, the merchants set up a camp, and 'The Foxes' are responsible for security. The laborers scavange for food and prepare the evening meal. The caravan master consults with the group before the merchants retire for the night and discuss any important events, of which there haven't been any of significance.

The carvan has two days to go. Let me know if there any preparations made before entering the large city.

The individual Wil detected as evil keeps to himself. The laborers often gamble together, but he does not participate.


Male Elf Ranger 4

Perception checks to find out more about him, and also gather information (function of diplomacy). Basically keeping an eye on this guy and trying to find out what the other humans here think of him

Perception roll
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Gather information
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


The laborer Wil pointed out to you seems to keep to himself. The others seem to think he is too good for them. Also they will tell you 'he can read' like it is a bad thing.

Night goes uneventfully and the caravan makes good time. They caravan master pushes the horses and you will be at the gates of the big city before nightfall.


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

Wil continues to move about the caravan, curing others ills and ease pain caused during the hard pace. He continues to keep an eye out on the evil man but so long as there are no reports of wrong doing, theft or threats. He remains far from the man, only because their aura disturbed him.

He finds Talon, the boldest of the Foxes, despite saying the group was free minded was the most bold in word and action among the faction. "I didn't mean to dishonor you brother. Just the thought of a Leaf Mother's fate in the hands of evil would bring my entire family to arms. But not without the means for victory. 'In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable.'
My father would say, and so he would start his planning and when the time was right. We will free her one day and as much as I hope it is soon, it cannot be so. I must ask you now. Why do we travel to this Depot? What is the purpose of the Foxes?"


Male Elf Ranger 4

Planning is indeed useful, although at times can be counter productive, if only because at times there are things that can only be dealt with as and when they occur. Therefore whilst a general plan is good to have, it must be above all things flexible as the grass on the plains.

When asked about the Depot and their reason for going there made him pause. They had it only on faith that the city was corrupt and that it was going to be easy to take the supplies. And if they were to steal them, did that make them any better than the people that they were taking the supplies from? It was a tough question, possibly an impossible one to answer.

We have an ally in one of the Coastal Kingdoms who has recently was able to overthrow the ruler of the city. It was unjust and anciently corrupt, with death and destruction used to keep the populace under control. It ended up being in our favour that he was overthrown. It does however leave us with a situation where he has hired us to liberate goods from this kingdom that he claims is identical to what his used to be like. It is a preemptve strike so that Derrick will have the supplies that he needs in order to be able to protect his new fledging nation. I cannot definitely say we will liberate the supplies, because if it were to turn out that his allegations were false, then I would be hard pressed to support the man, and would most likely call off the assault.

No dishonour was taken, although I hope you can understand why I acted the way that I did. It is not always easy to hear scorn and derision from such a young race. We will one day free the dryad, and then our debt there shall be paid.

What about you? Why did you decide suddenly to join us?


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

The defense of the coast is crucial to our relations with the humans. Derrick has shown himself to be our friend, and we undertook this mission to improve his stability, and thus our own.


From the diaries of the Elven Bannerman:

The elves are finally bringing me along. I mostly keep the elven banner secret, but there are times you have to let it all hang out.

We are entering the largest city I have ever seen. It is called Depot because when the humans were at war it was Depot #4, but now that a huge city has grown around it and the huge empire has fallen apart, the City is just depot. Other names have been tried, but they don't stick and everyone goes back to calling it Depot.

Not only is it a huge block city with sprawling stone block buildings everywhere, it is supposedly a three level city. Much of the original city by the river sank over the years, so they just built a new city on top which hastened the disappearance of the old city underground. Now there is an undercity that few dare go. It is teeming with the people and creatures you don't want to meet in dark places.

Under the Undercity is the Deeps. I do not know much about them but they are where the people in the Undercity fear to go, if you can believe that.

We entered through the gate and were greated by some guards. Given our last encounter with humans, we hid ourselves and the carvan master did all the talking and paid a fee to do business in town. We traveled miles through the largest city I have ever seen. How do you run a city this big. It is squalid and all the buildings are built solely for utility. I miss Elfhome.

We are quartered near the government buildings in a merchant quarter. The capital quarter is nearby. Our quarters are spartan but comfortable, I guess merchant caravans rent entire buildings for their uses often. As we arrived late at night, we have met the morning expecting to see if the city looks better in the sunlight, it doesn't!

The imposing fortess on the river is a huge building over 16 city blocks in size. It is strategically located on a bend in the river, so only a third of the perimeter is approachable, and that required entering the military compound through one of two large side gates or the massive main gate.

We are told to mind our own business while the caravan master sells his goods. Our building is perfect 30x30x30 foot block, how boring can you get. Most rooms are just 10x10x10 blocks with barracks style furniture and no decorations but battered shields and broken weapons.


Male Elf Ranger 4

Seltyn, what would you have us do? It would appear at least that we will need to do recon trips around this place. I personally would also like to see what is going on in the UnderCity, where there is danger there is good place to test skills and perhaps find out things that could help us later on. I bow to your leadership.


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

Wilaml wasn't able to answer immediately when asked why he had joined. After a long moment he answers hesitantly. "Now that I found my people once more... I must do what it takes to help alleviate the suffering that has been inflicted upon the whole of our race."

Wilaml spent the rest of the journey to the Depot quietly helping others and in meditation as they ambled along their path.

=========================================================================== =

He had never seen Depot before and frowned at the Caravan's Masters curt dismissal. He was starting to understand what his father had told him time and time again, he also understood the Foxes anger when they were around Man. It would be a long road to help them become greater then petty indifference's and the blind bigotry that some mortals had for the longer lived races.

When he entered his room, he actually smiled at the spartan setting, it was more then he was used to and he was appreciative of having a comfortable space. He quickly went about setting his bedroll and his traveling gear in a neat tight pile on the meager shelves an dresser in his room. After he had his items settled he rejoined the others and heard part of Talon's words to Seltyn. Wilaml was still trying to understand how their leadership was structured or if the foxes respected skill more then charisma and tactical knowledge.

"You say we're here to liberate goods and assist your human allies, correct? Now I understand that your coastal ally is important for the preservation and protection of our people but I cannot willfully liberate goods from a thriving city such as this. IS there not another way to help your ally?"


The normally reserved bannerman speaks, "Wil, my brother, many of these goods of war and spoils are probably elven. The elven artifact, that bow Talon carries,is proof the humans held one of our treasures."

"Besides, a raid is the best military option on the table. To keep a good human settlement thriving, we take from the larger human settlement that still does not recognize our right to walk these lands in peace. Can this serve a greater good?"


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

Is Flambeaux a man or woman? The picture is a woman, just wondering. :)

Wilaml hardens when Flambeaux speaks of the greater good and unconsciously traces a finger across the string of his eye patch. "'Serving the greater good' is a statement that is deigned to make one feel better about committing a wrong and 'probably' doesn't win you my ear Brother(sister?). Artifacts or not, I feel for our people I truly do. The 'Greater Good' costed me my eye and the life of one of my family, because we didn't expect the backlash we were causing. Now if your going to steal supplies from this settlement then we need to familiarize ourselves with their army and the possible ways they will retaliate. Because if the human's your helping are a weaker nation then you best expect that they will come under attack once the Depot's leaders become wise to who sent you or if we are caught." He looked at the bow but after so long among the humans he failed to see its significance and continued speaking. No amount of treasure was worth inciting a war and killing hundreds.

"Now, how long do we have to gather information here? I can offer my services as a Hospitallar and learn more about the government and the laws of the Depot."


Flambeaux is woman. Bannermaiden may be a better term.

The caravan master informs you that there is a curfew at night because the military patrols cannot effectively mount 24 hour patrols. There is a tavern near the government center called The Amber Rose. It is there the diplomats and administrators from the local government socialize.

The carvan master also made arrangements for you to meet a local freelance thief. He seems well-connected and has bribed government officials before to help merchants freely do business in the city.

The caravan master was going to the Amber Rose anyway. You can go with him, wait for tomorrows meeting with the thief known as Spider, or explore some on your own.


A young boy arrives at the merchant quarters with a message for the caravan master which he quickly forwards to you.

'There are counterspies about, be careful about drawing their eye. This is the regional capital, be alert.'
A dead spider is included with the note.


Male Elf Ranger 4

Disguise check to try and pass myself off as human.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

I will head to this Amber Rose, those of you who wish to join me are more than welcome to. This place needs scouting out before we make any real plans with what to do.

With the counterspies being what they are, we might want to disguise ourselves as best as we can as humans. I am happy to do what I can for you. Elves in this place will most likely cause suspicion, so let us stick to their tongue as much as is possible.

If people ask for his help in disguising themselves then he will happily help, although otherwise he will head off to the tavern


Trip to the Amber rose, about ten city blocks distance, around the dinner hour.
Current roster of dinner guests at Amber Rose:
Carvan Master
His Assistant
Talon

Bannermaiden awaits Seltyn's direction.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

We can try to disguise ourselves as best we can, and head to the tavern. Flambeaux can come with us. Be careful! They might shoot you for wearing a hoodie!


1d20 ⇒ 16
The trip to the Amber Rose was uneventful. We arrived at a massive city block sized tavern three stories high. An entryway with a place to check our outer coats was somewhat awkward as we all opted to keep our cloaks in place.

The main floor seated about 500 when full. At half capacity, the place was still buzzing as serving men and women took order and ran into the kitchen. A grilled fish and a roasted duck seemed to be the main courses.

Strangers from all over congregated in little groups on the main floor with a vaulted ceiling over 20' high. Representatives from many different areas, including some jungle barbarians dressed in leather skins, congregate in groups to drink and eat and sometimes talk in different levels from a whisper to a shout.

There were balcony arrangements at the second floor overlooking the main hall accessed by a private door with a key to stairs leading up. There must have been about 12 private balcony booths in shadows upstairs.

We enjoyed a well-cooked meal and try to be inconspicuous. In this huge hall with a raucous jester team performing an outlandish skit, it is easy to accomplish.


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

Wilaml retired to his room and soon scolded himself, sometimes he was too proud. Haughty his father would say. He would not be a thief, not when he would tarnish the good name of his family and people. He quietly put together his kit and strapped his money pouch on his belt. There is always work for a healer, always.

Has Wilaml ever been to Depot? Would his family be known? I will decide what to do once I have a clear Idea. :) thanks boss!


Wil knows Depot as an impersonal city under perpetual martial law. He has stopped to purchase supplies, as the prices are very reasonable, but has not stayed this far in town before. Here it is more crowded and teeming with people.


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

Wilaml left his quarters behind with a determined stride, he was focused and knew he would have to be to accomplish goals within the waning hours of the day.

Heal check 15 normal. W/Healing kit 17 +/W/ Surgeons tools 19 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Diplomacy - to change attitudes 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Diplomacy - Gather Information 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Time required to gather info - 1d4 ⇒ 4
Please refill any if the above diploma checks as is your right to do so Bossman ;) hopefully nobody lunches the elven healer. XD

He hits the streets, looking for any carrying the signs of an ongoing or bad injury. He helps reset broken bones, dislocations and cuts as he quietly goes about his business. He doesn't ask for any form of payment either, gladly accepting anything that is offered to him as a charitable gift. He even asks the soldiers that come by on patrol if they are in need of a healers assistance.

All the while he listens to the complaints, stories and idle talk of the people he is helping and tried to gushed the word on the street as to the goings on in town. What laws have been passed, dangerous gangs and how the military minded government is running Depot. He quietly nods and makes an idle comment to keep people talking, he never says anything to stir things up. Merely keeping them talking so that they ignore the needle work and keep themselves calm as he mend's wounds.


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

~~~~~~~Later on~~~~~

posting this as I am working for another 5-6 hours on top of my 12 be gift tonight... Blargh!

Satisfied with the ache in his hands and the sting of a slap across the face. From an injured woman's poor reaction to the needle, when he had to stitch her cut shut. Wilaml approached the Magistrates Office to inquire about the contract for cleaning out the Undercity. He quietly hoped it paid well and he knew that such work would help the city a great deal.

My work is never done. Hi Ho hi ho, its off to work I go... Hopefully the Foxes don't mind me looking into contractual work in Depot.


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Jus'a leetle test post t' show I be ready an' stuffs. As well as t'be gettin' this page t'show up on me main update page, type o' thingy.
*Waves madly to everybody!* (^_^)


Split Party Post for Wil
Wil visits the magistrates office, a five story city block building. There are many departments, but Wil finally finds the Department of Rewards and Remunerations -- there a contract to find the source of the ambushes and problems from the undercity has been let. Wil is told 'Anyone excepting the commission will be highly rewarded upon completion and given access to a known undercity hotspot for infiltration into a problem area'. Wil notices an attractive elfmaid has followed him to the new department.

Split Pary Post for Suny
The life of a bard is sometimes a wild one. After being abducted by brigands along the sea, Suny was rescued by a group of militia from the Depot. Obviously she had to be brought to the capital to prove to the Depot magistrate that kidnapping had indeed occurred. She was returned her gear and considerable wealth and meets up with another elf, a paladin named Wil, inquiring about a commission ath the Civil Injustices Dept. The Civil Injustices department has sent him to the R&R Dept mentioned above. She follows the young elf paladin out of curiousity after clearing her bereaucratic hurdles of being released as a witness and kidnapee. At least three forms in Common had to be signed.


Meanwhile --- at the Amber Rose.

The Amber Rose gets crowded as dinner is served, the comedy show reaches Act 3, and the alcohol has been freely flowing.

A group of about twenty well-tanned men dressed in billowing clothes sweep into the place with a haughty air. They quickly get two reserved tables, and four of their group use a key to access one of the balconies above.

An official from the local government dressed in a gray uniform that you now recognize as the 'uniform' of the civilian government here approaches them. Heated words are exchanged, and the functionary returns to a larger party of government workers.

The two from the caravan take out a lamp and light it and place a blue glass over the flame. Later one of the men dressed in gray approach and this functionary (not the one arguing before) presents the caravan master with a large bill for food and drink here. The carvan master smiles, and pockets this. "What is new in the big building Jake?"

The tall, pale human replies, "The government continues to be efficient at being inefficient. They are still deciding what to do with the change of status of your land, Seaview. Some want to fight, some want to negotiate, but most want to do nothing."


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Suny grins in greeting to Wil. (^_^)


Male Elf Ranger 4

Talon idly listens in to the conversation that the caravan master has been having with this Jake character, but otherwise keeps quiet, listening in to what is going on around rather than imparting his own view of the world. There was a time when it was better to hold his tongue for once.

In his own mind he relives the moment when he nearly had the duel, safe in the knowledge that he might in fact have been able to beat the man. Whilst it was true that it would have devolved into sword versus sword, there would be a single pristine moment when he would have been able to pepper the man with arrows and thus regain some of his pride.


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

Wilaml picks up a nearby quill and unstoppers the inkwell as he prepares sign his name on the commission. "I will accept the commission in the name of house Fmelvam. You have my thanks honorable Magistrate." Once propmted he dips the quill in the ink and signs his name in cursive, spelling out its meaning in common to make it easier for those who do not speak elven.

Rolling up his copy of the commission Wil suddenly notices he had been followed into the commissions office. He felt like a deer caught in the hunters bow sight, a pity she had approached him on his blind side.

Suny wrote:
Suny grins in greeting to Wil. (^_^)

The shock passes quickly and he returns the elfmaidens smile by bowing deeply to her, at least as far as his armor would allow him to. As he stood he traced his eye patch as he spoke. " Elensilë omentiemman! Elen silë omentienwan! Accept my humble apologies graceful Sister, I am Wilaml Fmelvam and I would have greeted you sooner had I seen you. But alas I only have one eye to admire natures hand and the beauty it has placed in this world."

Elven:

"A star is shining! Upon our meeting!"


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

At the fellow's greeting Suny folds/flips forwards in a deep, fluid bow herself.

Elvish:
May the sun always be kind and the winds gently at your back in return, good sir."
She replies upon straightening up.

"So then, whut is it ye be about th' place, like?" She asks brightly, folding her hands behind her back as she flips her hair from her face and absently rocking backwards and forwards on her heels -bare brown toes wriggling absently-. Then she laughs,

"Ach! Sorry I am, ye c'n call me 'Suny' in'a speak o' th' folks hear-bouts." And she thrusts a hand at Wilaml, her grin actually seeming to grow brighter as she does so

"As fer th' sooner bit? I've just been findin' em ways about th' place an all. They dun't lay their places out th' way we do back home, that be fer sure." She leans closer and 'faux' whispers and winks to her fellow Elf, then another giggle escapes her. (^_^)


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

It takes him a moment to catch up to Suny's abundant energy and after a few moments he cracks a smile. "Merry meet Suny, I find I must agree with your assessment. Understanding the layout of man's cities would drive the fair mind mad, I look upon it like a great anthill. Except, lacking the same strict order one sees in ants."

He paused for a moment, noticing finally that she was barefoot. Ignoring that for a moment he looked past her, checking to see if she had companions of any sort. "Did you come here alone? I can escort you back to your apartments if needed, this city appears to be having a problem with the criminal's of the Undercity. Can't be too careful..."


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Suny smiles at Wilaml's comments and offer.

"Well..no, I dun't rightly have a place t'be at right now. I just got let out after th' folks here got through with me story." She giggles "But that be a tellin' fer when we's gots more time, I s'pose."

She does lead him to where a smallish chest sits. "Right glad t'would I be fer some help in carrin' this rest of me gear." She indicates the thing, even as she hefts one end.

"So, where are you t'be off to now?" She asks.


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

After Accepting the commission... Or finding out the terms TO accept the commission. ;)

Is it a document we carry with us?

Wilaml turns back to Suny, commenting idly on her strange traveling chest. "You travel light I see." He chuckled and shrugged his armored shoulders as he reached down and grabbed hold of one handle of the chest. Lifting it awkwardly he spoke. "Like I said the streets may not be safe, so it wouldn't be right to leave you on your own. Especially carrying this."

"I can see about getting you a room where the rest of the caravan I am with is residing, after that I was thinking of meeting some of my fellows at the local tavern. Always nice to have a drink after days on the road."


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Suny smiles as Wilaml explains things.

"Ah, but y'see th' thing normally floats." She indicates the chest by way of explanation. At talk of room and meeting others Suny begins to skip in excitement and anticipation.

"Aye, t'is all-a-ways great t'meet new folks!" She exclaims, "Though I dun't know nuthin' about 'roads'." And she puts an Elvish questioning inflection on the last word.


Wil is given a commission granting him provisional enforcement powers and rights to explore the undercity along with a key that will open some of the grates leading down to the city.

The office required Wil to sign a book accepting the commission and state his affiliation. In this column he sees mostly the names of mercenary companies. A few small jobs some of the previous applicants have put 'self'. What does Wil put for affiliation?

1d20 ⇒ 9

Meanwhile....at the Amber Rose
1d20 ⇒ 9
Jake volunteers some more information, "The Ferret came through rather quickly with his hobgoblin muscle. He said he was not on this mission, but was going freelance. Is he no longer on our side?"

The caravan master replies, "He left one step ahead of a lynch mob, I don't think he was planning on staying to work with the new government. His duties kept him away all the time anyway, so I think leaving wasn't that hard on him."

Jake shakes his head, "I could tell he was extremely disappointed and agitated. I hope he doesn't take work for the government here. I can't see working with the Ferret on the opposition. Plus he outlined most of the plans for this raid."


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

"Sorry, Suny looks as though I am not quite finished, please excuse me for a moment." He set the chest down momentarily and turned back to the commissions Magister and signed the document. He put the name of his House as the one accepting the commission.

[i]Affiliation: Fmelvam[/ooc]

Bluff? 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Despite being part of the Foxes Wil found no deception in signing the commission in his name while using his families house, Fmelvam, since he had not gotten the Foxes permission to do so. And if they decided not to assist him in the endeavor then no honor would be lost for their group only for himself and his family. He would face his father if he had to, but if they decided to help in the endeavor he would make sure to use this as a means bringing great honor for both groups. Even the Free Companies would have to give them some respect then.

Hopefully I am not overstepping my bounds as a Paladin. I don't see it as lieing or cheating the system but if you do I will change the way I am posting accordingly. Let me know bossman. :)


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Suny nods at Wilaml's 'stepping back into the office' and simply sits down on said chest as she waits for him to finish. Her gaze constantly in motion as she watches all the people busily moving to and fro around her.

Depending upon how long Wilaml takes Suny occupationally stretches, -extending her arms and flexing her back- or other wise twists and turns about.


Jake looks at the elves. "Your disguise is very effective, it took me along time to realize who you were. I guess you know my allegiance is mostly with Seaview now. Politics in this city is quite chaotic, but at his moment I am firmly on your side and the Spider too. I would continue to keep a low profile."

You do realize the desert humans are treated as outsiders, they are here diplomatically representing another human state. After the meeting you return to compare notes and meet Wil and his new friend.

On the way back the caravan master lets you know that Jake has not been able to get plans to the huge building on the hill yet, but is still working on it. Wil has maps and a skeleton key that unlocks some access points to the undercity.


Male Elf Ranger 4

Talon smiles, that his skills were complimented was always a good feeling, although the disguises had needed some ingenuity thanks to the lack of materials. Something that he would have to sort out later. They all had a need to resupply and rest for a night before going out, and the idea of going into the Undercity and finding out more about a hidden area of the city. After all, it might be a useful place to gather more intelligence.

The disguises were easy enough to create, although thank you for the warning about keeping a low profile. If you know who we are, then you perhaps know why we are here. Is there anything you can do to help us?

When they return to the Spartan accommodation, Talon will seem a little detatched, his mind on the mission


The following day at the midday meal the enigmatic Spider shows up. He is a nondescript human who looks like a peddler. He has a pack with many odds and ends attached to it.

He looks at the company of elves and the carvan master. "I am supposed to be helping you infiltrate the fortress on the river. Are you still interested in a quick raid to liberate some military equipment that has been stored there for years?"


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

I am. That's what we agreed to do.


The Spider grins and explains, "Through bribes and slipping some herbs in a few meals, I can get us inside during the night watch. Once inside, I was hoping we could grab what we need before morning when the relief comes. That gives us about four or five hours. I am told there are some wards and guards inside, they will be your problem. I will keep the way open for your return."


Stats:
Wood Elf Paladin lvl 4 Init +1; Low-Light Vision; Per +5; HP: 39/39 (healthy)
Saves & AC:
Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +8; AC 21, T 12, FF 20

If he is unable to obtain a room for Suny then Wil will give her his for the time being.

Chainmail:
I reallllllllly hate lawful good sometimes, add paladin and we get lawful stupid. Which I won't do! But as a Paladin it makes for walking a fine line... So here goes, smack me with the DM hammer if you want Chainmail. But with a party this small I cannot just leave them too it. =/ Atonement here I come.

Wilaml had been enjoying the good company of the Foxes and Suny before, yet again, the talk of raiding the Depots military goods came up. He focused his ability to sense evil at this Spider, he didn't quite trust this human. He made his skin crawl to be associated by one who so easily bribes and poisons others without a care. He gave a frustrated sigh, ignoring the human for now. "You make it sound so dirty using that word. Raid. Brothers, Sisters, you still haven't convinced me. As much as it serves the greater good for now. The repercussions of this could be more severe then we could ever imagine and if we fail it will mean War..."

Unconsciously he touched the eyepatch, his grey eyes unfocused. Distant. He suddenly focused once more and set the commission on the table for the Foxes to see before speaking once more, his voice quiet and strained. "Wilssean, ama tymeela aniraem irilmlair amemwla meviran ameanir anirela...."

Elven:
"Dammit, we prove their harsh words right with this..."

He stood then towering over everyone in the room, he felt as imposing as his father had been when he had dishonored himself years ago. "Eo E we anirela, aey ilcc sylaan laamailm ane we laesaanirelv el maanyml eo ama laynynyaaw. Laesaanirelv anirilan amecc falaoean anira Vmailanam Veew. Aey nyilllean aelal oilanires anira melan E ils anilnelv fa ilvmaaelv ane illa eo anirela." He indicates the commission then, unrolling the parchment, revealing that it was signed under his Families name and the key that was sitting inside the rolled up parchement. "'Illaela a'nyatyanelv anira nyesselalaeel amecc fa irevirca maamilmwaw ytyel nyestycaaneel illw veelal ilnynyalala ane il nleaml ylwamnyeana ireanlatyean oem eloecanmilaneel elane il tymefcas ilmail. Vmillanelv anirelaa amire ylwamanilna anirela alwailelem tymeelelaeelilc aloemnyasalan tyeamamla illw meviranla ane a'tycema anira ylwamnyeana ilcelv ameanir il naa anirilan amecc etyal laesa eo anira vmilanala cailwelv weaml ane anira ylwamnyeana'. Sa anamsla ilma oilm aillaeam aniral E ameycw cena fyan anirela ela amirilan E amecc anmilwa oem ... anirela... selalaeel. Fyan laynynyalala amecc fmelv vmailan irelem ane eym vmeyty, oilecyma amecc elca malaycan el sa lilsa faelv wmilvvaw anirmeyvir anira sema.
"

Elven:

If I do this, you all must swear to do something in return if we succeed. Something that will actually benefit the Greater Good. You cannot even fathom the risk I am taking by agreeing to any of this.

'Anyone excepting the commission will be highly rewarded upon completion and given access to a known undercity hotspot for infiltration into a problem area. Granting those who undertake this endeavor provisional enforcement powers and rights to explore the undercity along with a key that will open some of the grates leading down to the undercity'. My terms are far easier then I would like but this is what I will trade for ... this... mission. But success will bring great honor to our group, failure will only result in my name being dragged through the mire.

With that said he sits down, quietly awaiting their answer.


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

Upon being introduced, Suny is all grins, giggles and hyperactive handshaking with every one. (^_^)


Spider nods to Wil and begins to speak, but is seemingly smitten by Suny, occasionally glancing in her direction, "There is much wisdom in your words, and I respect your commitment and the patch you wear. If the raid goes badly, the unwieldy government here may be galvanized to action. We have planned to pin it on the fox band and escape cleanly, but you never know. You could wake a sleeping tiger. There are many things to be found in the undercity besides the ratmen, who are quite hostile and capable in that environment. Many riches from days past and crypts and tombs and catacombs. We are at the bottom of the organizational structure--but our opinion matters."


Male Elf Ranger 4

If we are fortunate enough, and the disguises hold, then there may not be war for us any time soon brother, the humans will simply believe us to be rogue humans of some kind. So long as we do not give them a reason to think otherwise. You wish us to sign papers for the exploation of the undercity? That sounds reasonable to me. Sounds like much might be learnt about these Humans through the exploration of this place, and seems a small price to pay for your support.

You mentioned that you are sacrificing a great deal to help us here, perhaps sometime you could teach me more about this. I would appreciate it. We should all know the risks that one another takes in this quest.

Talon draws his dagger, and whilst he continues speaking makes a small incision that begins flowing freely.

I make a blood oath that we will see these tasks before us, leaving none of us behind, and that all of our work will be to the furtherance of the cause of a strong elven nation. Let none of us be deterred from this path, and let us all do our best to make ourselves the finest of spearblades, forged in the trials that will meet us.

He hold his hand out to the rest of the group, bloody side uppermost, and in the other hand the dagger, ready for those who might join him.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Seltyn follows suit.

We can do both.


Currently 'Sickened':
HP: 22/22, AC: 17(Max 21(T13,FF14), DR: 1(Water Based Critters), F:+4, R:+7, W:+2, Perc: +6, Init: +3.

At Talon's actions Suny's face scrunches. >_<

"Ewww! Squick!" And her whole body shivers as her grimace intensifies for a moment. Her arms wrap around her torso and she folds her legs up upon her seat. It takes her a short while to set herself to right again and she smiles at the group.

"Ye be havin' me word I'll be pullin' as hard as every one else...." Though she glances at Talon.

"I...dun't do th' whole squicky thing..." She says quietly, though her face does blush with embarrassment.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Blasphemy! Kill her!

jk


Male Elf Ranger 4

My apologies if I disturbed you. That was not my intention. I wished to give us a sense of shared resolve. We must proceed together or not at all. Seltyn, I know at times I have spoken out of turn, forcing our hand in situations that perhaps your more considered reasoning would have avoided.

We can indeed in theory do both, however how are we going to approach it? We are too few in number to split and take each at the same time. If we fail in taking of the fort, then we might have issues returning for the exploration of the Undercity. However, if we do not do the fort tonight, then the work that the Ferret has done would appear to go to waste, unless he were to risk everything once more. Risks and rewards lie in both ways. There is a chance that we might need to speak to the Desert people. Maybe they too can help us. I do not know.

Seltyn, guide us in this please


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Wilaml doesn't want to "raid." I really don't know what to do here.

851 to 900 of 3,750 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Team Elf in Elves versus Dwarves - Dwarves and Gnomes KEEP OUT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.