Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Elven team in Campaign Elves vs Dwarves -- Dwarves and Gnomes Keep Out (Inactive)

Game Master Chainmail

An old school homebrew campaign for a party of Elves. They will interact with a party of dwarves on an increasing basis.
Current map


451 to 500 of 3,750 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Telethal's never been a smart man, but the laws of the jungle are simple. The kind of simple even his mind understands. This is about territory. Of land and mates. And the animal in Telethal reacts instinctively.

Again stepping between his "pack" and the biggest male apes, Telethal lets out a terrifying roar. It's a roar that any animal would understand. My pack. Leave or I'll kill you.

At the very least it will hopefully shift their attention to him. After his roar, he whispers back to the group, "The apes are moving in."

You said some of the apes jumped over closer to my party members, but I can't see that on the map, so I'm unsure where the best place to move Telethal is. Basically he'd like to be between the greatest threats and as many party members as possible.
.
Then a standard action to Indimidate 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 = 14.

Pre-rolled AoO's:
AoO w/ Spear 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
--- Damage 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16.
.
AoO w/ Spear 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
--- Damage 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16.
.
AoO w/ Spear 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
--- Damage 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12.

This is round 2 of 8 rage for the day. HP is 29 raging. AC is 17.


The large trees deny sun to the surrounding much lower trees here. This leaves about a 15'clear zone between the triple canopy large trees the apes are in and the mere 60' high trees of the surrounding jungle.You only think one or two apes made the jump from the large trees to the trees across the clearing, so the three adults seem clearly the bigger threat


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

Elorin will move up to frog in E5 and attempt to finish him.

Coup de grace with bow weapon.
3d8 ⇒ (8, 3, 4) = 15

15 not bad i hope.

After the hit, Elorin will turn towards Kalthos and Seltyn.

"thank you guys for getting me out of that, I was in trouble for a minute there" she smiles and shrugs her shoulders a little before she turns back towards Marl.


I don't wanna rock the boat, but I think you need a melee weapon to Coup de gras.

Though I guess you could just jam the arrow in it's eye socket or something.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15
Telethal the Halfblood wrote:
I don't wanna rock the boat, but I think you need a melee weapon to Coup de gras.

No, she's good. Bow if you're adjacent.


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

ah, then yes i wont coup de grace ill just buffer people.

Elroin will start singing in low voice, everyone feels braver and a little more dangerous. plus ! to attack, damage and saving throws guys.


Male Elf Ranger 4

Map

To Seltyn How long will those frogs be unconscious for? We might have a slightly bigger problem right behind us. Elorin can deal with the frogs for the moment.

To all Has anyone seen Ingwe at all? I haven't noticed her here.

Talon then goes to the side of Telethal and once more attempts wild empathy. It's going to be a tough one because of the dead ape, but touch wood something can be done about the situation before it all ignites in our faces

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Ok with a roll like that I am only going to inflame things. Whoops


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

aaargh!!!! lol wish i knew the rules better. ok DM IF I CAN ILL COUP DE GRACE, IF I CANT I'LL BUFFER.


Sorry. Didn't mean to rock the boat.


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

lol nah rock all you want. I'm not 100% on all rules yet, i keep having to refer to the books, but hey thats what they are there for.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15
Talon Moonwalker wrote:

Map

To Seltyn How long will those frogs be unconscious for? We might have a slightly bigger problem right behind us. Elorin can deal with the frogs for the moment.

It depends on their hit dice, but we're good for a minimum of 2 rounds, probably more. Elorin likely killed the one. I say let her get next to the other one and kill it next round, and I'll help with the ape if you have to fight it.

If we can get Marl up and running, we can look for the other frogs, but I'm afraid Ingwe's probably gone to the great jungle in the sky.


Male Wood Elf Rogue 2

Kal will coup de grace the nearest frog still alive and unconscious. (5ft step to D5 to attack E4 if necessary)
damage
3d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 5) = 13
(x2 for crit, +1d6 SA)

no chance of getting to a good sneak attack position on those apes just yet, and there's not much else I can do to prepare, seems appropriate to let elorin go again


Elorin Silentall wrote:
aaargh!!!! lol wish i knew the rules better. ok DM IF I CAN ILL COUP DE GRACE, IF I CANT I'LL BUFFER.

Coup de Grace: As a full-round action, you can use a melee weapon to deliver a coup de grace (pronounced “coo day grahs”) to a helpless opponent. You can also use a bow or crossbow, provided you are adjacent to the target.

You automatically hit and score a critical hit. If the defender survives the damage, he must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + damage dealt) or die. A rogue also gets her extra sneak attack damage against a helpless opponent when delivering a coup de grace.

Delivering a coup de grace provokes attacks of opportunity from threatening opponents.

Elorin stays put to finish off the nearby frog Fort1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 as she can't move easily through the jungle. You typically can five foot step and Coupe de Grace, but not here.


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

cheers Chainmail. makes sense now.


Male Elf Ranger 4

So what are we waiting for now?


dm rolls:

Frog stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Telethal PER 1d20 ⇒ 15
Frog ACR 1d20 ⇒ 6

Telethal notices a hidden frog leaping into the fray and skewers him with a well placed jab before he can attack Elorin.
After Elorin fires into the unconscious frog the apes start hooting and hollering more. Talons efforts do not calm them at all.

Kalthos moves to stand over the unconscious frog and sneak attacks him for massive but not lethal damage. He will coup de grace next round to finish the job.

Elorin 22
Talon 21
Frogs 20
Kalthos 19
Seltyn 11<---
Apes 8
Telethal 4


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Seltyn will take a 5' and cdg the frog with Mar. 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 8) + 2 = 12

Or next round.


Male Wood Elf Rogue 2

hang on...why couldn't I 5ft step into the clearing then coup de grace the adjacent frog? or are both of those frogs dead? The unconscious one in the same space as mar...i should be able to 5ft step and reach him? sorry, sorry if i'm wrong! :P


Male Elf Ranger 4

Jungle is difficult terrain, hence stops it.


Male Wood Elf Rogue 2

i thought the yellow squares were not difficult terrain?


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

No, they're not. If you started in yellow and moved 5', you should be able to cdg the frog with Mar this round.


Male Elf Ranger 4

You can't generally make a 5 foot step into difficult terrain however.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15
Talon Moonwalker wrote:
You can't generally make a 5 foot step into difficult terrain however.

True, but he's adjacent to it, not in it.


Male Elf Ranger 4

In that case surely he has a ranged weapon of some sort, so would be able to do a ranged CDG?


Was Kalthos able to 5' step next to the last unconscious frog? In that case he could cdg.

Talon:
Talon feels the apes are angry. For some reason the apes got angrier when Elorin dispatched the frog. The interaction between the apes and the frogs seems 'strange'.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15
Talon Moonwalker wrote:
In that case surely he has a ranged weapon of some sort, so would be able to do a ranged CDG?

He could do either. He'd get 4d6 with a shortbow, or 3d6+4 with a rapier. I'd save my arrow, personally. Use it for something far away...LOL


Kalthos finishes off the last frog and the apes get even more agitated. CDG possible with 5' step. Kalthos exclaims He's dead Seltyn
Seltyn realizes both frogs are dead. His turn to act.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

He'll take a full round to give Mar a healing potion. 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Male Elf Ranger 4

Wild empathy check at +3 once more.

Trying to get the message across that these frogs very nearly killed one of our pack mates, whom we have just managed to heal. Their actions against us were not right, so they had to pay the price. We entered their territory and they attacked up without reason.

Basically Talon wants the apes to back the heck down!


Male Elf Ranger 4

Sorry, forgot wild empathy check

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Eeek, last time I use that ability methinks


Male Wood Elf Rogue 2

sorry 'bout the confusion there!
I'm uhh thinking maybe our best bet might be to leave...now...maybe if we just keep going after ingwe they'll not chase us further than the edge of their territory?


One apes rushes Kalthos first.
Then two rush Talon.
Luckily only one ape made the leap and drops to confront Seltyn.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 191d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 71d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 61d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Marlamin is groggy on the ground at 2 hp--you are finally back.

Marlamin:
Marlamin awakes from a dream where the Jungle as a creature was angered. In the dream curious frogs hid from an unknown creature in their territory. Then an arrow pierced a crocodile. The frogs knew these intruders were hostile and attacked to overwhelm and incapacitate. They ran to the apes and the apes tried to meet threat with threat but blood was spilled again. The frogs were slaughtered as they slumbered. The jungle now expects no quarter and gives no quarter. A voices seems to say--If you are a force of nature, you will not fight the jungle.

Kalthos takes 7 and Talon 5; Marlamin realizes standing up can be dangerous and acts 1d20 ⇒ 7+init mod


The trees are eerily silent, these are probably all the apes left.


Male Wood Elf Rogue 2

that puts me at -3 so I'm out again I'm afraid, sorry guys


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

At least now Telethal can go. Seltyn's got something up his sleeve, too. It ain't over, yet.


Kalthos took nonlethal damage from the tree fall, that has healed, the status report on the char sheet said 6/9 - so aren't you at 1?


Male Wood Elf Rogue 2

if you say that I won't object, but unless I'm mistaken I was at 4 after Elorin cast her healing spell. The fall from the tree almost knocked me out :p so I think i'm at -3 unless i'm missing something


Male Wood Elf Druid 2

Not to pick nits but I thought I stabilized at -3. On my phone and might be wrong but I believe that puts me at 5 HP. Again I might be wrong since I'm going from memory. Also that's my init at 9. Will check back in in the morning. Getting dirty looks from the fiancee.


Kalthos is really close to level up, so lets do that now and and with next level hit points (you would be at -2 now) you are up but still hurt. I think you definitely are getting you share of experience in the jungle.


The frogs marked up Mar a little in the wild ride for some lethal damage. As Mar is now conscious and Kalthos is up, things look up. The apes are very rangy and capable of striking up to 10' away.

Marlamin:
Discussions are limited to 20 words in combat per round. All the info from your two minute dream may be hard to share with the group completely in ten seconds--so don't just cut and paste it.


Male Elf Ranger 4

As the Apes rush Talon, the whites of his eyes become very visible. With nowhere to move, he instead draws his sap, thinking that he might be able to give himself some kind of a fighting chance if only he can survive.

As the first wild blow come nowhere near him, he begins to smile widely, the training of years coming through. Then the second blow hits him, the huge fists knocking the breath out of his lungs.

He had survived well up to this point, facing down the croc by himself and felt proud of his achievements in tracking the frogs. He had help to his ideals.

This however was a fight that would possibly be the end of him. His only thought being withdrawal from what appearing to be a superior force. He was hurting, and the survival of his companions to a degree relied on him. The jungle was much harsher than they had initially thought it might be. Certainly they might have been served better by heading to the ruins, although when Marlamin had been dropped by the frogs, there was not even a remote possibility that they would have abandoned him.

Fall back to the village. This is more than a fight we can handle currently. Let us cut our losses!


f Elf bard/4. Init +2/Low-Light Vision/Perception +11/ AC16, T12: FF14/

"I'm with Talon on this one. backing off if possible may be best." Elorin's adrenalin now easing as she see's Marl is awake. she finally realizes the fight they are up against. and worry for the entire group kicks in.


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

Let's see what Telethal does.


Telthal might have plans this weekend.
Let me know if you have orders for him if you are impatient. That was the intent of leadership positions.

DM roll:
init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Elorin 22
Talon 21
Frogs 20
Kalthos 19
Seltyn 11
Marlamin stood and healed?
Apes 8 <--acted
Telethal 4 <--- to act

Note-Marlamin's initiative allowed him to act before the apes. I assume he stood up and healed himself before the apes swarmed in (feel free to change your action).


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

We can wait. If he was going to be gone all day, that'd be one thing.


Talon slashes out with his spear, a the ape standing between Kalthos and Talon. "Are we running or what?"

Spear attack on ape in C-6.
Spear 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
---> Damage 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16.

AoO's:
Spear AoO 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
---> Damage 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
.
Spear AoO 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
---> Damage 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
.
Spear AoO 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
---> Damage 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Male Wood Elf Druid 2

Healing is fine. Away from a comp and can't look up CLW so if you wanna do the roll I'd appreciate. Don't know the spells offhand yet. Thanks!

Mar takes a second to compose himself as much as possible before speaking. The possible loss of Ingwe made him almost unable to concentrate. But he did the best he could ti communicate the dream.

The forest. Its angry. At us. Not just the animals, its... alive?


M Elf
stats:
Init +2/ HP 32/32 // AC: 12/T:12/FF:10 - Percep: +4// F +1/R +3/W +6 /CMB +3 - CMD 15

I'll roll for you. It's 1d8 + level, so in your case; 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Sweet!

Looks like Telethal shredded some apes, too.


Male Elf Ranger 4

So no chance of further wild empathy then huh? Nice hit Telethal. What are your orders Seltyn?


Telethal rips into another ape and hurts it badly. Elorin and Talon to go.

451 to 500 of 3,750 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Team Elf in Elves versus Dwarves - Dwarves and Gnomes KEEP OUT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.