Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Elements and Elementals (Inactive)

Game Master lordzack


51 to 100 of 215 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

F Suli Hospitaller 1

"Akbar, I know I've only been here a day, but I really feel like I might be more use out there with these folk than staying here and serving drinks. You've got plenty of girls here who can actually get a tray to their customers without spilling it, with much more experience and significantly larger...tip potential. I'm better with a sword than a drink tray anyway, and on a personal note I'm curious to see how another fire god compares to the Healing Flame of Sarenrae."


Male Human Monk/1

"I would be more than happy to accept Lady Aishara into the party. Would you be able to excuse her from work?

Bois leans back into his chair, and quietly awaits for an answer.


M Sylph Sorcerer 1; HP 6/6 (5 non-lethal); Init +2; Per +7, Darkvision 60'; AC 12, T 12, FF 10; F +0, R +2, W +6;

"My thanks, sir, for answering my questions. Having put my concerns to rest, I would be more than happy to assist you in this matter."


Male Caementum Fighter 1

"Akbar, how might we get in contact with this client of yours?"


"You may meet him tomorrow at the park of Aziz. You have my blessing to go with them Aishara."


M Sylph Sorcerer 1; HP 6/6 (5 non-lethal); Init +2; Per +7, Darkvision 60'; AC 12, T 12, FF 10; F +0, R +2, W +6;

"Master Akabar, is there a particular time to meet this fellow tomorrow? Also, I don't think any of us know where the park of Aziz is."


"Around noon. The park of Aziz is a short ways to the Northeast from here."


Male Caementum Fighter 1

Fortis draws a simple map of how to get there and folds it up in his pack.

"Okay, let's all regroup here at 11:00 tomorrow. Sound good everyone?"


Male Human Monk/1

"I will await eagerly, but patiently."

As Bois says this, he finishes his drink, stands up, bows, and then starts to head out the door.

Alright, We have Fortis, Summer, Aishara, and Valerie. Gotta remember those names.

A quick nod after a pause, and Bois heads out the door.


F Suli Hospitaller 1

"Bois, I certainly hope you were planning on paying for those drinks. That sounds good though, Fortis, I'll see you all there. Dressed somewhat more appropriately."


Male Human Monk/1

After walking halfway to the door, Bois stops dead in his tracks, turns around, and walks back to the table.

"I knew I was forgetting something. Thank you, Miss Aishara."
Bois rummages through his pockets and puts 5 Gold coins on the table.
"This should be more than enough for me and my friends. Please, rest up and have a nice day.


M Sylph Sorcerer 1; HP 6/6 (5 non-lethal); Init +2; Per +7, Darkvision 60'; AC 12, T 12, FF 10; F +0, R +2, W +6;

Summer chuckles to himself at Bois' generosity.

"Well, Fortis - and Valerie! - seeing as our friend there has been so generous, what say we make the best of it? Another drink? How about you, Aishara? After you've finished your shift, of course! I suspect tomorrow to be a long, hot day, and I've nothing better to do with my time than rest in this refreshingly cool establishment in preparation! Oh! I suppose I should enquire after a room. Is there one available?"

He continues chatting on into the evening, more to dispel nerves and bewilderment than anything else.


You meet together again the next day in the garden of Aziz. It is a beautiful, idyllic place, filled with plants that would be familiar to natives of the Material Plane. Only the strange, red light that pervades the city makes it seem unusual. Of course to a native, the park would seem to be out of place.

On the far side of the park, there is a arch. Most seem to give it a wide berth, but occasionally someone walks in and ... disappears!

"Interesting, isn't it?" asks a dwarf, not too far away who had been looking towards the arch, "That arch leads to a part of the city that has been sort of folded into a pocket dimension. People still live on the outskirts, but somewhere in there is a palace of a deity. In fact, judging by you're garb, armaments and baring , I'd guess that you are the adventurers Akbar found to guide me there."

He is accompanied by two other dwarves, armed with stout cudgels and wearing studded leather armor. They seem to be relaxed, not looking for or expecting a fight at the moment.


M Sylph Sorcerer 1; HP 6/6 (5 non-lethal); Init +2; Per +7, Darkvision 60'; AC 12, T 12, FF 10; F +0, R +2, W +6;

Summer smiles in simple joy at the sight of the garden. Just like home, he thought.

When addressed by the three dwarves, he bows slightly in greeting.

"Good day, sir. My name is Summer Wind Through The Grasses - or simply Summer, for brevity's sake - and my companions here and I were indeed hired by Akbar to escort you to the deity's palace."

Pointing to each in turn, he continued, "This is Bois Guilbert, Fortis, Valerie Esper, and Aishara."


Female Living Vestige Lore Oracle (planar) 1

Valerie arrives equipped with simple gear, dressed in lightweight chain and armed with a morningstar, the weapon hanging from a loop on her belt. She looks a little strange in the garb of an adventurer; her figure and gentle features seeming more suited to a life of a sheltered noblewoman. The chainmail shirt is fitted more closely over her generous contours than the simple dress was and she fidgets with it occasionally, apparently not one long-accustomed to wearing the weightier protection.

When introduced, she offers a pleasant smile and mimics Summer's bow. "A pleasure to meet you, sir. I look forward to performing this noble service."


Male Caementum Fighter 1

Fortis arrives just on time the next morning to Akbar's.
"It's nice to see that you all made it! I'm interested to see what this day has in store for us."
Upon noticing the Dwarves, Fortis is quite obviously interested. Not too familiar with the customs of high society, Fortis loudly introduces himself to all three in a friendly manner.
"Good morning gents, you are correct. We were referred to you by Akbar. As Summer said, I am Fortis."
Fortis reaches his arm out, offering a grasp of friendship to his newly found employer. Any watching eye would notice just how dense Fortis' hands are. While not so dry, they are hardened by long years of hard work, and by his earthy physique. While still fleshy, his skin has a much more dull coloring, closer to the look of a stone with a warm reddish tint.
Looking over at the two other Dwarves Fortis says
"Will your two companions also be joining us today?"


Male Human Monk/1

Bois arrives at a usual time, with the exact same outfit and gear he was wearing in the cafe. He quietly hums a tune forgotten by most, but still catchy.
"What a beautiful day!" Bois says as he walks up to his friends.

Later, when the Dwarves are talking to the party.
"That would be true. I am the one they call Bois Guilbert. It is a pleasure to meet you." With his arm folded across his chest and the other strait down his side, he gives the Dwarves a quick bow.


F Suli Hospitaller 1

Aishara hustles into the garden and trots up to the gathering while taking in the spectacle. She's wearing billowing red silk pants, familiar from the day before, but this time accompanied by an old but polished breastplate and more flowing silks, including an ornamented headdress. A silver statuette of an angelic woman hangs at her waist from a small pack and a falcata hangs from the opposite hip. There's a large wooden shield slung across her back and a spring in her step as she approaches. She waves to the folks she met yesterday and then offers the dwarves a curtsy. "Hello everyone! I'm Aishara. I'm so excited to be helping you out on your pilgrimage, and I'll be doing my best to make sure that no harm befalls you, and to patch you up afterwards if by chance I fail at the first."


"I am Yithzak and these are my cousins Reuven and Shalev. We are of clan Shmuel. Our clan are great masons and architects, but not so great warriors. That is why I need you to guide me. My cousins might either remain here, or go with us, depending on what you wish"


Male Caementum Fighter 1

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 Do I get the sense that he's hiding something or lying about his cousins?

Darn knowledges.... my guy has no such skills to know about the Shmuel clan.
"Well Yithzak, it's a pleasure to meet you all. Well, I have no problem with them coming along, just depends on what you would expect from us in regards to just you or the three of you. Maybe we should discuss the fee. What are your expectations of us, and what are you offering in return for such services?"


M Sylph Sorcerer 1; HP 6/6 (5 non-lethal); Init +2; Per +7, Darkvision 60'; AC 12, T 12, FF 10; F +0, R +2, W +6;

Summer, completely ignorant of the customs and appropriate behavior in the City of Brass, stays silent while Fortis seems to be taking the lead in negotiating with the dwarves.


"I expect you to protect me, and to help find the way to Pyros's palace. I will give you each 100 sp upon successful completion of this task."


F Suli Hospitaller 1

"I think we can do that, Mister Yithzak, and it's very kind of you to offer such a reward."

Pull for incidentals and looting rights! I just don't think Aishara would be the one to do so.


M Sylph Sorcerer 1; HP 6/6 (5 non-lethal); Init +2; Per +7, Darkvision 60'; AC 12, T 12, FF 10; F +0, R +2, W +6;

"Master Yithzak, am I to correctly understand that you desire our assistance with both locating and infiltrating Pyros' palace? As you acknowledge your need for us to act as warriors, do you know anything about how the palace is guarded - what we should expect? I beg your forgiveness if my questions seem impertinent; I merely seek to understand as much as possible before making a commitment."


Male Human Monk/1

"Hmm."

"100sp... That's 10gp. That's enough for another shortsword."


Female Living Vestige Lore Oracle (planar) 1

After the reward is declared, Valerie nods politely and remains quiet while Summer asks the questions. She seems content with the agreement.


"You misunderstand, we aren't going to break into the palace. Once we find it, we will go in through the front door."


M Sylph Sorcerer 1; HP 6/6 (5 non-lethal); Init +2; Per +7, Darkvision 60'; AC 12, T 12, FF 10; F +0, R +2, W +6;

"To provide an escort should be simple enough. As it seems none of my companions have objected to anything so far, we shall do so. Very well, let's be about it."

Summer looks at his fellow travellers and Yithzak, and at the portal. Thinking for a moment, he shrugs and walks through.

That should help speed things up again!


Male Human Monk/1

"Finally. Right behind you, Summer."

Bois Guilbert quickly follows Summer. He glances back to see everyone else's reaction.

A Sorcerer? Up front? This will be interesting.


F Suli Hospitaller 1

"Oh dear, guess it's time to go!" She points the dwarves to the portal. "Please stick close by, gentlemen, and we'll see you through this, safe and sound." She'll urge the dwarves on and go through the portal with them.


Male Caementum Fighter 1

Fortis smiles and walks forward. Without thinking about it, Fortis walks to the front line next to summer and gazes around.


Female Living Vestige Lore Oracle (planar) 1

Valerie falls into line with the others, keeping pace with them.

(Sorry. I hope nobody was waiting for me.)


As you pass through the gateway it feels as if you are being squished, but you're not sure from what direction the force is coming from. Not down, up, front, back or side, but some other direction. This feeling persists only for a few seconds, then you find you're self elsewhere, by a similar arch. This one, however is in the side of a building. You can see a street, going left and right. There aren't too many people, less than the other parts of the city you have seen, but there are a few.


M Sylph Sorcerer 1; HP 6/6 (5 non-lethal); Init +2; Per +7, Darkvision 60'; AC 12, T 12, FF 10; F +0, R +2, W +6;

Wow, that was a very strange feeling. I seem to be alright now, though. Where are we?

"This seems... normal. I don't imagine Pyros put out a shingle, proclaiming his location and affairs," Summer commented. "There can't be all that many palaces here to have to try knocking on the door."

Perception to look up and down the street for anything that looks like it could be a palace: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


Female Living Vestige Lore Oracle (planar) 1

Valerie coughs after passing through the portal. She takes a moment to steady herself and look around with those pale eyes, and her expression is a little uncertain. "I cannot see very far. Could you describe our surroundings to me, please?"


M Sylph Sorcerer 1; HP 6/6 (5 non-lethal); Init +2; Per +7, Darkvision 60'; AC 12, T 12, FF 10; F +0, R +2, W +6;

"We seem to have come out from the side of a building, into a street. There are not many other people around."


Male Human Monk/1

Is the sky any different now than it was before?


There are several palatial structures along the skyline, but most of them are quite far away. The sky itself shows no difference. Summer sees something interesting in the street farther down, though. On both sides of you there appear to be armed crowds of people, of various races. They are both an equal distance away from you, some fifty yards or so, and do not seem to be moving.

"We won't be able to go directly to the palace from here. We have to find the next portal. There are at least three, including the one we've been through. says Yithzak.


Male Human Monk/1

"I wouldn't suppose you'd know where they are, do you?"


F Suli Hospitaller 1

"Or if there's any easy way we could find them? Magical auras or anything?" She glances around at the crowds and then puts a hand on her sword. "Be wary, friends, I'm not sure I like the look of this."


"Sorry I don't know. However, this is part of what I hired you for. Use you're skills as adventurers to figure it out."


Male Human Monk/1

I don't really want to get into this, but we got to get around this... Whatever it is...

"Well thats nice to know. Does anyone want to speak to the scary people to either side of us?"

Bois Guilbert looks at his allies, mainly Aishara.

I would suppose she would be social, otherwise it would be hard to work as a waitress...


Male Caementum Fighter 1

"I don't mind talking with people, but I can't say I'm too good with words. I'll serve best to keep anyone safe who wants to wander off and inquire."


Female Living Vestige Lore Oracle (planar) 1

Valerie offers, "I will speak to them and dissuade them of violence if we must. I do hope they have no quarrel with us." She looks in the same directions as her companions and forms an awkward expression, biting her lip. "Um, apologies, but I cannot see them. If they come closer, I will address them to dispel any hostility."


The other two groups appear to be talking amongst each other (that is within they're own group, not to the other one).


Male Caementum Fighter 1

With a smile, Fortis offers Valerie his arm.
"Let me take you to them"
If she accepts, Fortis will accompany/lead her to the closest group.


Female Living Vestige Lore Oracle (planar) 1

Valerie declines, "If there's no need, we may simply avoid them. There is no need to intrude into their affairs. It would be impolite."


F Suli Hospitaller 1

"Well if it comes to it, Valerie, I bet you and I could do a pretty good job of talking them down. But it doesn't seem like there's anything to be done by just standing here, so what say we do a bit of exploring?" Aishara will offer Valerie her own hand and start walking down the street to the left at a walk, in as non-threatening a manner as possible.


Male Human Monk/1

"I'm going to have to agree with Valerie, here. It would be unwise for us to intrude on their buisness. Lets just see if we can get past them."


Female Living Vestige Lore Oracle (planar) 1

Valerie smiles and takes Aishara's hand gently. "Thank you. I appreciate the aid greatly." Her faded eyes focus on the paladin easily enough; she can see fine at close range.

51 to 100 of 215 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Elements and Elementals All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.