Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Eberron Sandbox: Eberron Classic

Game Master Garden Tool

An organic, free-form Eberron campaign, which will begin with an adventure in the Demon Wastes, and might go just about anywhere from there.


501 to 550 of 601 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Male Duergar Monk 3 Qinggong Zen Archer

Lothar awakens and grabs his bow, facing the door and taking a readied stance.


Female Human

Lady Jenise draws her rapier, shifting her clothes to a darker outfit to help blend in to the room, taking a position near the door to strike from the shadows if needed.


Male Goblin Druid/3 (Wolf Shaman)

Continuing his smallish snoring Nark just turns to other side and keep sleeping although Lony wakes up and look intensively at the door while sniff the air

Hm... should be able to use the scent ability but of course can´t tell the others anything about coming person

Cheliax

I haven't forgotten scent. Actually, it's about to come in handy...

Ormak Kron?


Male Shifter Druid 3(Wild)

Ormak wakes, though he does not arm himself. He just stands ready, awaiting whatever is coming up the stairs. He does however sniff the air, seeing if he can catch the scent of what's approaching. 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 Perception smell.

Trying to play up my eventual taking of Extra Shifter trait to get Wildhunt and Scent. Not sure if I'll actually be able to smell the intruder, but its a bit RP as well

Cheliax

@ Ormak: You won't scent anything without scent, but Perception is Perception.

With all eyes on the door (well, almost all eyes), the party sees the scraping, dragging thing crawling up the stairs.

It's Puhan, the bird-man. And he's hurt.

Trailing blood across the wooden floor, Pauhan crawls face-first into the T-intersection where the upstairs hallway branches into the adjoining staircase (which leads down to the tavern proper). In one hand he clutches a bloodied short sword. Weakly, he looks up at Flametouched and Ohak - and the rest of you in the room beyond.

"...d...own. Stairs..." he manages to caw.

Ohak frowns deeply, and seems to begin to cast a spell.

Flametouched's Spellcraft skill check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

@ Flametouched:
Ohak casts bull's strength.

Once again, everyone go ahead and take whatever immediate measures you care to take (and make whatever checks you care to make).


Female Human

Seeing who has come up the stairs, trained instincts take over. In a quiet voice, Xzot begins to issue orders, "Flametouched, make sure he isn't going to die. Nark, see if you can find out what's down there, Lothar back him up. Take no chances though, it's obviously hostile. Just get information." It gestures to Pauhan in response. "Ormak and I will be ready to charge in if there's trouble."

Cheliax

Through the haze of sleep, Nark hears his name barked aloud amid the troublesome commotion he's working so hard to sleep through. Nark may choose to awaken (or not) at any time.


Male Duergar Monk 3 Qinggong Zen Archer

Git up and lets go yah dozzy Goblin Lothar nocks an arrow but does not draw.


Genderless Warforged Barbarian (armored hulk) 1 / Oracle of flame 2

Flametouched has not waited for Lady Jenise's orders - it is already moving forward, murmuring a prayer to the Flame and laying its hands on the injured Puhan. Cure light: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5. As soon as the magic takes hold, the warforged lays a gentle hand on Puhan's shoulder and asks softly, "What happened? What can you tell us?"


Male Shifter Druid 3(Wild)

Ormak holds his current position, waiting to see if the threat comes up the stairs or not.


Male Goblin Druid/3 (Wolf Shaman)

Waking up from his slumber and murmuring something about ancestors, snakes and other creatures with a bit a sleepy voice Nark proceed towards door. A small comment about bats and dwarves together with immoral actions before disappearing down.

Nark still a bit sleepy and eyes buckling to look left and right he stumbles down the stairs until a small voice inside his head tells to hide if Nark still want to continue existing.

Goblin instincts kicking in Nark just accidentally hides to some shadows while trying to peek around for some clues and promising to kick anyone ass who dared to wake him up.

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Stealth 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21

Cheliax

Lothar, will you attempt Stealth and/or inivisibility as well?


Male Duergar Monk 3 Qinggong Zen Archer

Seeing the shift in the Goblin's stance stance change, Lothar decides the little blighter has a good idea this once and begins to move quietly himself, watching for what may come. stealth 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Cheliax

...
..
.

As Flametouched prepares to heal Pauhan, Lothar and Nark creep down the stairs at Lady Jenise's direction.

Flametouched's spell washes over the tengu, who begins to stagger to his feet, still clutching at his chest beneath his heavy cloak. At the same moment, Lony suddenly whips his head toward the window, takes a defensive posture, and growls. Nark and Lothar, meanwhile, reach the bottom of the staircase - the tavern downstairs is empty, though for some reason all the windows are doors stand open...

At that moment, several things happen at once.

SOME DIE ROLLS:
Flametouched's Sense Motive check: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0

vs. ??? 1d20 ⇒ 3 (modifier withheld)

.
..
.

Ormak's Perception check: 20; as posted above
Xzot's Perception check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Flametouched's (distracted) Perception check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

vs.

??? 1d20 ⇒ 11 (modifier withheld)

.
..
.

Lothar's Perception check: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Nark's Perception check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

vs.

??? 1d20 ⇒ 12 (modifier withheld)

Pauhan caws loudly, shrugging off his cloak. As if on cue, rat-men scramble into the tavern downstairs through every open door and window. A similar situation occurs upstairs: Ormak and Jenise spy ratfolk speedily climbing the walls outside, through the (thankfully closed) windows in their room.

Quick note: I need to re-create a corrupted excel file map, before we can have this combat, which I'll try to make time for today. In the meantime, you guys have time to roll your own initiatives. Pauhan will be going in the surprise round, but none of the ratfolk will.


Genderless Warforged Barbarian (armored hulk) 1 / Oracle of flame 2

Initiative 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Cheliax

Every time.


Genderless Warforged Barbarian (armored hulk) 1 / Oracle of flame 2
Garden Tool wrote:
Every time.

Yep.


Male Duergar Monk 3 Qinggong Zen Archer

Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Male Goblin Druid/3 (Wolf Shaman)

[b]Barbeque! Barbeque! Barbeque.... Bring mah forks and knives![/ooc]

Initiative 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Cheliax

The map is up.

Ormak's initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Xzot's initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Ratfolk's initiatives: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Pauhan's initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Ohak's initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

INITIATIVE ORDER
Ratfolk @ 22
Ohak @ 18 (not acting in the surprise round)
Ormak @ 17
Xzot @ 15
Nark @ 11
Pauhan @ 10
Lothar @ 9
Flametouched @ 1 (not acting in the surprise round)

While the ratfolk climbing the walls outside shatter the upstairs windows and step into the frames, five of the ratfolk downstairs open fire on Lothar with light crossbows. The others simply advance, wielding daggers.

One of the rat-men sneers at Nark.

"Pauhan says save the goblin for last, if you can. Kill the rest quickly."

"Right," says another, "and the wolf, too. Kill the wolf."

ratfolk's light crossbow attack roll: 1d20 ⇒ 19
ratfolk's light crossbow attack roll: 1d20 ⇒ 16
ratfolk's light crossbow attack roll: 1d20 ⇒ 3
ratfolk's light crossbow attack roll: 1d20 ⇒ 2
ratfolk's light crossbow attack roll: 1d20 ⇒ 3

ratfolk's light crossbow damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
ratfolk's sneak attack damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

ratfolk's light crossbow damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
ratfolk's sneak attack damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Lothar, caught by surprise, takes two hits to his midsection.

It is Ormak's turn. Single actions only.


Male Shifter Druid 3(Wild)

Ormak's muscle bulge and expand slightly and his hands grow extended claws. Activates shifting, I believe I have 5 rounds left, though it might be 6. Are any of the ratfolk within melee range?

Cheliax

Reposting the MAP right here. There is one ratfolk in melee range, but he has cover (he is in a window frame and at an angle).


Male Shifter Druid 3(Wild)

Ormak slashes out at the nearest Ratfolk with his claws.1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Cheliax

Ormak's claw connects with the ratfolk scrambling through the pried-open window, tearing four parallel lines through the rat-man's leather armor and drawing four parallel lines of bright red blood through each tear.

It is Xzot's turn.


Female Human

Surprise Round

Rapier in hand, Lady Jenise takes to the top fo the bed, prepared to strike at the Ratfolk.

I'm assuming the bed is difficult terrain so I can't shift to it, so move to O8.

Cheliax

It is Nark's turn.


Male Goblin Druid/3 (Wolf Shaman)

Feeling a bit courageous and still dumbfounded after the sleep Nark does not like at all that one rat who smiled at him before. Caressing the small pearl around his neck Nark begin to whisper tiny tiny tiny stone, give me power of old... once lost and gone, coming back and being stone

Nark uses the pearl of power to recast the spell Barkskin +2 armor on himself

Cheliax

Pauhan, seemingly uninjured after all, says something in a language that none of you understand. He springs at Flametouched, pecking at the warforged with his beak.

Pauhan's bite attck with Arcane Strike: 1d20 ⇒ 18 (modifier withheld)
Pauhan's bite damage with Arcane Strike: 1d3 + 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + (5) + 3 = 9

There is a faint, arcane sizzle as the beak pierces the composite plates on Flametouched's body, nipping at the living tissue underneath.

It is Lothar's turn.


Male Duergar Monk 3 Qinggong Zen Archer

Up the stairs manic, use the hall to our advantage. Once it is ours. Lothar let's fly an arrow at the back of the bird threatening Flametouched.

Perfect Strike

Attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Cheliax

Lothar's aim is solid - Pauhan takes an arrow in his feathered behind.

Meanwhile, things downstairs get hairy. A pair of ratfolk near the south wall fire at Lothar with light crossbows, but both shots go wide. The failed snipers rush forward as the remaining ratfolk also advance, swarming over one another, maneuvering to gain every possible advantage. A pair of the creatures attacks Nark, who suffers only minor injuries (2 damage). Lothar is a little less lucky, taking two deep and painful scratches to his broad chest (8 damage).

Upstairs, the ratfolk step through the window frames, and atttack. The first takes a wild and ineffectual swing at Ormak. The others, deeming Lony a greater threat than Lady Jenise, begin to poke and stab at the wolf with their tiny daggers. The wolf is nicked on the nose, but otherwise unharmed (1 damage).

Ohak exchanges a glance with Ormak, and seems to determine that Ormak, Lady Jenise, and the wolf are in no serious danger, yet. Turning down the hall, Ohak charges loudly down the hallway toward the treacherous tengu, whose beak is tearing at Flametouched's inner workings. Somehow, the aging orc's wheezing hustle comes across as more intimidating than comical - probably thanks in no small part to the crazed determination on his face.

RATFOLK ATTACKS:
The ratfolk in spaces AJ12 and AJ13 attack Lothar with light crossbows, then move to spaces AE12 and AF12.

Ratfolk's light crossbow attack: 1d20 ⇒ 5 (modifier withheld)

Ratfolk's light crossbow attack: 1d20 ⇒ 9 (modifier withheld)

The remaining ratfolk downstairs move into spaces Z11, AA12, and AC 10 in pairs, drawing daggers as free actions. Each then attacks with flanking thanks to their swarming ability.

The ratfolk in space AA11 attack Nark.

Ratfolk's dagger attack: 1d20 ⇒ 20 (modifier withheld)
Ratfolk's critical confirmation roll: 1d20 ⇒ 9 (modifier withheld; not confirmed)
Ratfolk's dagger damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Ratfolk's sneak attack damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Ratfolk's dagger attack: 1d20 ⇒ 2 (modifier withheld)

Nark takes 2 points of damage.

The ratfolk in spaces AA12 and AC10 attack Lothar.

Ratfolk's dagger attack: 1d20 ⇒ 5 (modifier withheld)

Ratfolk's dagger attack: 1d20 ⇒ 13 (modifier withheld)
Ratfolk's dagger damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Ratfolk's sneak attack damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Ratfolk's dagger attack: 1d20 ⇒ 4 (modifier withheld)

Ratfolk's dagger attack: 1d20 ⇒ 14 (modifier withheld)
Ratfolk's dagger damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Ratfolk's sneak attack damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Lothar takes 8 points of damage.

The ratfolk in space P5 attacks Ormak with height advantage.

Ratfolk's dagger attack: 1d20 ⇒ 3 (modifier withheld)

The ratfolk in spaces O5 and O7 attack Lony the Wolf with height advantage.

Ratfolk's dagger attack: 1d20 ⇒ 6 (modifier withheld)

Ratfolk's dagger attack: 1d20 ⇒ 15 (modifier withheld)
Ratfolk's dagger damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 (minimum one)

Ohak double moves to space Z5.


It is Ormak's turn.


Female Human

Question. Do you want us to move ourselves on the map? I ask because I didn't before and should be at O8. Just want to make sure for future reference.

Cheliax

Yep, that's why the map is edit-able by anyone.


Male Shifter Druid 3(Wild)

With a growl Ormak grabs the goblin in front of him and throws him to the ground 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 Grapple check

Cheliax

Goblin? You mean ratfolk? Or have you finally had enough of Nark? : P

Ratfolk's dagger attack of opportunity: 1d20 ⇒ 8 (modifier withheld)

The rat-man takes a terrified swipe, but Ormak overpowers him. The creature's eyes go wide with panic.

Cheliax

It is Xzot's turn, then Nark's.


Female Human

Lady Jenise strikes with her rapier to the ratfolk north of her. "Come Lony, shouldn't a good wolf like you know enough of pack tactics to flank with myself against this creature?" "Stupid wolf, MOVE!"

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Not really expecting much, but hey, you never know. Wolves are pack animals. Also, just reiterating, italics are thought ;p Oh, and another thing, at work so I can't edit Google Docs, can someone please move me to O8 now that it's confirmed, thanks in advance!

Cheliax

Moving up on to the bed wouldn't be a five-foot step, so it would provoke. Is that still what you want to do?


Female Human

It was my surprise round action, I just hadn't actually moved myself on the map at the time. See my post on August 14 @ 10:20am. Unless you'd rather not count it, which is fine. I'll still move up to it and provoke.

Cheliax

The ratfolk went in the surprise round too, and before you (so they were in place and weren't flat-footed on your turn). Since you're willing to take the AoO, though, it matters not.

Ratfolk's dagger attack of opportunity: 1d20 ⇒ 18 (modifier withheld)
Ratfolk's dagger damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

1 damage!


Male Goblin Druid/3 (Wolf Shaman)

oh dayum! whats who ya grapping mate! Nark a bit sensitive ya know

Now that his skin is a bit tougher Nark gives a big smile to ratfolk and plays with his dagger. Lashing out to the rat at his left side and assuming a bit strange of stance after that, waving around in his place Snaky dance! 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 1d3 ⇒ 2 R2 rat, left side from Nark. Nark also assumes partial defense so +2 defense from there also. Total AC:21 I might be wrong but no time to check at this moment

AC:21/16/16 HP:22/23 Spells:-/1/1 left

Cheliax

Nark nicks one of the ratfolk to his left while Pauhan - just up the stairs - backs down the staircase a step, out of reach of the orcish priest and the intimidating warforged. Weaving his talons through the air and speaking in arcane warbles, the tengu seems to cast a spell.

Ohak's Fortitude saving throw: 1d20 ⇒ 1 (modifier withheld)

Flametouched's Spellcraft check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

@ Flametouched:
Pauhan has cast blindness/deafness on Ohak. Unfortunately, the duration is permanent.

Just like that, Ohak's eyes white over. Staring blankly through milky-white orbs, Ohak seems confused, then cautious. After the barest moment, Ohak simply says: "Ally Flametouched; I've been blinded."

Cheliax

Lothar is up, then Flametouched.


Male Duergar Monk 3 Qinggong Zen Archer

Lothar collapses to the floor, senseless.

HP -2/20


Genderless Warforged Barbarian (armored hulk) 1 / Oracle of flame 2

"Courage, my friend!" Flametouched calls out, as it lets the Flame fill it and steps to the edge of the stairs. With Pauhan in front of it, it unleashes its fury on the deceitful birdman. Free action to rage, 5 ft step to AB6, full attack with sword and slam.

Raging longsword attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Raging longsword damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Raging slam attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Raging slam damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Here we go again...

Cheliax

...
..
.

It seems that Nark and I both forgot about Lony's initiative. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

He would have gone just before Flametouched. Lony will step into space O6 and bite (with Power Attack) the ratfolk fighting Xzot. Reposting initiative.

Ratfolk @ 22
Ohak @ 18
Ormak @ 17
Xzot @ 15
Nark @ 11
Pauhan @ 10
Lothar @ 9
Lony the Wolf @ 5
Flametouched @ 1

Lony's Power Attack bite attack: 1d20 + 4 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 - 1 + 2 = 20
Lony's bite damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Nark's companion tears the ratfolk distracted by Lady Jenise's rapier off of the bed. The rat-man cracks its head on the window ledge and lies still.

Downstairs, the two ratfolk at the farthest eastern window hustle up the stairs, to aid Pauhan. They draw small daggers as they go, passing by the six rat-men now gathered around Nark.

Those six rats poke and jab at the goblin with their knives, and two more approach from the center of the room to engage the goblin, as well.

"Destroyer!" yell the rat-men!

Ratfolk's dagger attack: 1d20 ⇒ 13 (modifier withheld)

Ratfolk's dagger attack: 1d20 ⇒ 11 (modifier withheld)

Ratfolk's dagger attack: 1d20 ⇒ 4 (modifier withheld)

Ratfolk's dagger attack: 1d20 ⇒ 1 (modifier withheld)

Ratfolk's dagger attack: 1d20 ⇒ 14 (modifier withheld)
Ratfolk's dagger damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Ratfolk's sneak attack damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Ratfolk's dagger attack: 1d20 ⇒ 17 (modifier withheld)
Ratfolk's dagger damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Ratfolk's sneak attack damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Ratfolk's dagger attack: 1d20 ⇒ 2 (modifier withheld)

Ratfolk's dagger attack: 1d20 ⇒ 15 (modifier withheld)
Ratfolk's dagger damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 (minimum 1)
Ratfolk's sneak attack damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Despite Nark's barkskin, several of the daggers pierce his flesh. The rat-men chuckle.

Nark takes 13 damage.

Meanwhile, Ohak stumbles forward, laying a gauntleted hand on Flametouched.

"If the Flame that Binds had meant this blessing for me, I'd have the sight to use it, Flametouched. I give it to you instead."

Flametouched feels his spirit lifted to new heights, as the will of the Silver Flame fills him.

Flametouched's Spellcraft skill check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

@ Flametouched:
You identify an aid spell. Flametouched gains the listed bonus, and 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

It is Ormak's turn.


Male Shifter Druid 3(Wild)

Not sure if I need another CM roll or not in order to then deal damage. Just in case

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 CM check

1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Female Human

Round 2

Lady Jenise steps off from the bed and lunges out towards the ratfolk on the other bed.

Lunge: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Went ahead and posted since I'm after Ormak, to avoid holding things up.

Cheliax

Ormak struggles with the ratfolk, but the creature breaks free! Meanwhile, Lady Jenise pierces and drops the injured ratfolk.


Male Goblin Druid/3 (Wolf Shaman)

Feeling the pain and the blood lost from the attacks send Nark to panic. Swearing and dancing around inside the small circle Nark forgot everything about attacking and focused on his own survivability

going for total defense for +4 AC
AC:23/16/16 HP:9/23 Spells:-/1/1 left

501 to 550 of 601 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Garden Tool's Eberron Classic Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.