Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

EM - [PFS] Feeling Hot Hot Hot

Game Master Evil Minion

A series of 6 PFS scenarios... starting off in Absalom and ending up, for an extended stay, in the hot and humid environs of the Mwangi Expanse.

─► Maps and stuff ◄─


1 to 50 of 1,594 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

You have been called to the Grand Lodge of Absalom for a briefing, nothing unusual for Pathfinders relatively new to the scene, and soon find yourselves seated in the somewhat austere but cramped office of Venture-Captain Adril Hestram.

You are seated around a darkwood table, looking up at various trophies adorning the walls, gathered from across the face of Golorion. A monkey-shaped mask with a serpent’s tongue glares out from the center of one wall, a strange halberd with gold rings piercing its thick blade and dragons carved along its haft hanging on the wall opposite. You are, unfortunately, alone save your fellow Pathfinders, who apparently have been called here for the same purpose.

Adril himself is nowhere to be seen at the moment.

Am not officially starting just yet, this was more an introductory post to open up the Gameplay thread with. =) But will give folks a moment to get acquainted if they wish.

Will start in a few days... or once Adril shows up, whichever comes first!

Sovereign Court

Male Vanara 2 Unchained Monk (Sage Counselor)
stats:
HP 22/CHP7/AC 16:Touch16:FF14/Fort 6:Ref 6: Will 5/ CMB 4:CMD 20
-

Seated cross-legged on one of the chairs, his legs folded into a full lotus, is a rather unusual sight for pathfinders. An old one.

Once upon a time, his hair and fur would have been black, his simian face clear under the fur that lined his arms and legs, visible in the comfortable, airy robes that are draped loosely about his body. Now, it is streaked with white, giving him an almost skunk-like appearance. Setting across his lap is a long, thin walking stick, his hand like feet holding it while his actual hands rest on it as he looks around the room. Occasionally, his tail, also striped with white, will reach down to the pack by his seat and withdraw some food that he would drop into his mouth. His contemplative, soft silence makes him seem like a drawing from a book, and his eyes are deep and dark. He waits, patiently, contemplating everything, and nothing.

The Exchange

Male N Half-Orc Brawler (Steel-Breaker) 2 | HP: 16/16 20 | AC: 17 18 (11 12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 (15 Fl) | F: +4 +6, R: +5 +6, W: +4 | Init: +3 +4 | Perc: +7, SM +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Fatigue, Con damage - 4

Brady doesn't give much of a reaction to any of what seems like an unusually strange grouping of Pathfinders. Whether or not he's seen it all, he certainly carries himself as if he has. "You look like you might have much to teach. I'm always looking to learn how to connect better to spirit," he mentions to the vanara.

He doesn't take a seat immediately, instead wandering the room and examining the many trinkets and treasures. His clothing is patchwork; at first glance it appears threadbare, as if he could afford no better, but on closer examination it's clearly a stylistic choice. The bold colors and bright designs work well together, presenting a creative look. Thick beaded dreadlocks hang around his face, pushed forward by the low-slung hood that nearly obscures his eyes.

As he moves about the room, he thinks nothing of picking things up and examining them closer.

"I'm Brady," he says to the room finally, to no one individual specifically. "I'm sure I was selected so that I could swing my fists, but don't get confused and think that's all of me."

Sovereign Court

Male Vanara 2 Unchained Monk (Sage Counselor)
stats:
HP 22/CHP7/AC 16:Touch16:FF14/Fort 6:Ref 6: Will 5/ CMB 4:CMD 20
-

The old Simian blinks slowly and speaks calmly.

As the Heliconia hides it's beauty among the leaves, so do you hide your potential perhaps. I am known as...

He makes a short guttural series of sounds with a click or two.

But, this is difficult for many, so in common tongue, I am known as Mr. Monty.

He grins, his eyes dancing at an old memory.

Given to me by a dear child, once many seasons ago.

He passes himself another handful of granola like food and chews it for a moment or two, before speaking.

I am afraid I cannot speak much to the spirits. My attention is focused inwards, to allowing myself, and those I counsel, reach ever closer to enlightenment. But...

He gives a devious little smirk.

I am an old monkey. Perhaps some of my wisdom may help you yet.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Fighter (3) Init +2 HP 31/31 AC 21 T 12 FF 19 Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +4 Per +6 Move 30 CLW Wand 49/50

Hello there!

A tall young blonde woman, not even twenty years old, enters the room, smiling warmly.

She wears a good looking and sturdy breastplate, a shield, and quite a few weapons.

Nice to meet some new faces! I'm Drusilla, but everyone calls me Dru.

She puts her helmet on the table, freeing her blonde braids, and offers her hand for an handshake.

Sovereign Court

Male Vanara 2 Unchained Monk (Sage Counselor)
stats:
HP 22/CHP7/AC 16:Touch16:FF14/Fort 6:Ref 6: Will 5/ CMB 4:CMD 20
-

Mr Monty takes her hand and shakes it, his grip solid for such a old timer.

Well met Dru. You may call me Mr. Monty, or just Monty I suppose.

Silver Crusade

Grippli Cleric (ecclesitheurge) of Sarenrae 2 | HP 19/19 | AC 15, T 14, FF 12 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc +3 | Init +3 | heal +3

A two foot tall bipedal frog steps into the room. He appears nervous, but determined. "Blessings of the Lady of Light be on all of good will! he announces as he enters. He then looks around at those already gathered.

Dark Archive

Male Human Alchemist 3 HP: (18/18) 24/24 AC: (19)16 FF:14 T:12 F:+4 R:+5 W:+2 CLW Spoon:29/50 Perception +7 , Sense Motive +5 (Bombs: 6/9) Effects: Endure Elements, Ant Haul (Plagued! Fatigued, -5CON, -2CHA), Shield

In walks a curious and smiling man, the first thing you notice is an amazing head of hair. Thick, luscious, and unkempt. Bearded, actually, nearly all exposed skin has dark thick 'fur'. "Good morning specimens! Errr... people! Are we all here for some exciting missions? I'm Dale, Dale the Sage to some, soon to be all! What can I help you with?"

He's wearing a pair of bandoleers criss-crossing his chest, stuffed with numerous bottles and vials. A small backpack is slung over his shoulders with a dagger tucked in his belt. His eyes light up at the curious 'specimens' in the room. "Woah now, A Vanara? AND a Grippli? Fascinating!" He heads over to greet them and observe their overall appearance.

Sovereign Court

Male Vanara 2 Unchained Monk (Sage Counselor)
stats:
HP 22/CHP7/AC 16:Touch16:FF14/Fort 6:Ref 6: Will 5/ CMB 4:CMD 20
-

Mr. Monty raises an eyebrow at the "Specimens" comment, but otherwise makes no sign as he waves back.

Good to meet you dale.

The Exchange

Male N Half-Orc Brawler (Steel-Breaker) 2 | HP: 16/16 20 | AC: 17 18 (11 12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 (15 Fl) | F: +4 +6, R: +5 +6, W: +4 | Init: +3 +4 | Perc: +7, SM +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Fatigue, Con damage - 4

Brady accepts Drusilla's handshake, and nods at Thaddeus and Dale as they introduce themselves.

He continues a thought posed by Mr. Monty. "Hmmm. Seeking the spirit internally. That may be a place I could try to go." He laughs, half to himself. "It's not quiet in there, though," he says as he resumes examining the objects around the room.

He picks up an engraved and dyed bone pipe, turning it over in his hands to examine it before giving it a sniff. "Let's see what this VC has for us; my plan is for the Society to show me something or send me somewhere that I can find that something... more."


You wait in the office begins to get a little long, with nothing but each other and the cold impassive judgement of the monkey mask on the wall to keep you company.

Eventually however, you hear activity outside the door, and a moment later, it swings open and a large bear of a man comes in, shuffling through a stack of papers he only barely manages to keep from spilling out onto the floor.

"Ah, good!" He says, his voice as large as he is. "You're here!" He lumbers past you and drops the sheafs of paper unceremoniously on the desk, mostly just adding to the pile that was already there.

"Didn't mean to keep you waiting so long." He adds, with a rueful chuckle. "Beat my way through the jungles of Garund and the deserts of Qadira," He glares at the paperwork in front of him. "But I'll be damned if all this damned paper hasn't proven the toughest foe."

Most of you know Adril, if not personally, at least by name. A long-time Pathfinder and Venture-Captain, and rumor has it, some say the unwitting architect of the famed Katapesh slave riots of 4702. Though the years are starting to show, he is still a huge man, with a physique that would put many half-orcs to shame. He looks entirely out of place perched on a chair behind a paper-covered desk. He eyes you for a moment, as if trying to decide something, then nods slightly.

"So, as you've probably guessed, we've a job for you lot." He continues, his chair creaking dangerously as he leans back. "Nothing too exotic," He adds, "Local job, but one that holds a fair bit of importance."

"More cleaning up someone else's mess, I suppose." He adds with a grimace. "But ain't that the way of it sometimes?"

A frown starts to work its way onto his face. "In this case, a former Pathfinder," You note his emphasis on the word 'former'. "By the name of Lugizar Trantos, returned to the city recently, from one of our expeditions in the Mwangi Expanse. One of our more promising new sites. He was in charge of supplies and shipments and such... and was supposed to be returning with a number of artifacts retrieved from that dig for some of the scholars here at the Lodge to begin studying."

His scowl intensifies. "But instead of bringing those artifacts back here, we have learned he instead hauled the entire lot of them off and sold them for coin!" He slams his fist down on the desk angrily. "Then promptly disappeared with the gold!"

"Needless to say, everyone is quite put out."

Adril's anger turns more serious. "To make matters worse though, he sold them all to the Blackros Museum."

He looks up at you, to see if you are familiar with the place, before going on. "The curator there, a man named Nigel Aldain, is an old associate of the Society." You notice a faint sheepish look
cross Adril's face, as if remembering some distasteful incident from his youth. "He chose to leave our organization some years back after a disagreement. We have competed for such artifacts ever since."

"This whole mess would normally end there. A win for the Museum, a loss for us." He scowls again. "But now we hear the entire museum is under some sort of curse!" He shakes his head at the bad timing of it all. "Some darkness has descended upon the place and those who enter are blasted with evil and left raving through its halls, more beast than men."

"Now, don't get me wrong. Nigel has long denied us access to the Blackros Museum's considerable collection of relics and scrolls and has often used his extensive contacts to nab several excellent finds right out from under us..."

He shakes his head slightly, impressed despite his words as he mutters, "He always did have a nose for the hunt."

"But, whatever is past between Nigel and the Society, he needs our help now." He leans forward, and looks at you all with serious eyes. " Perhaps if we can come to his aid, he may think on rejoining the Pathfinder Society, or at least offering to share his discoveries with us. At this point, either would be a bonus to just figuring out what trouble that cursed Trantos brought back with him and putting a stop to it... before folks starting blaming the Society for yet another mess by association. We need the trouble that man has caused to stop there."

With that, Adril leans back in his chair once more and raises a questioning eyebrow.

Knowledge (local) might learn you more about Lugizar Trantos

Knowledge (history) might come up too!

Sovereign Court

CG Half-elf Medium (Relic Channeler) 2, Brawler 1 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 18 (T 12, FF 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +3+1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6+1, SM: +7+1 | Speed 20ft | Spirit channeled: Sasha the Heirophant | Influence: 1/4 | Taboo given surges 2/2 | Martial Flexibility 7/7 | Active conditions: Heirophant Bonus, Boon, and Taboo; Fatigued; Sick, - 1 Cha

Just so she isn’t dropping in and doing introductions after the venture captain’s explanation, and so she can be here for the explanation, I’m going to jump back to before Adril enters the room.

With a solid knock on the door, a half-elf woman just shy of middle-age sticks her head into the room and looks around. Noticing the desk is empty and none of the room’s occupants has a Venture-Captain badge, she moves into the room. Her face is vibrant and lively, but obviously well past her third decade and of probable Varisian decent. Around her neck is a dark blue and silver scarf that glints as she moves. Her clothes are a bright kaleidoscope of reds, oranges, greens and turquoises, cut in a undeniably Varisian fashion that proves a good complement to her tall figure. On her back is a bag stuffed full of things, with three different polearms strapped to the sides of it. She takes off her bag, and sets it down with a resounding thud and makes sure her three weapons strapped don’t topple over before slowly unwinding what proves to be her fourth from around her neck. She set this down on her bag as well and turns to look at the people around the room.

She starts moving around and making her introductions to people individually, her expression and bearing changing slightly with each person. She first greets the vanaran man, with a calm, but still warm, smile and bow. ”I am Faliana, and it will be a pleasure working with you, Honored One. Any guidance or wisdom you have to impart will be accepted and appreciated, deeply.” With another bow she turns to the dreadlocked man.

”Out in the hallway, I couldn’t help but overhear someone, you, I’m assuming from the timber, talking about trying to find a spirit. I don’t know if I can be of any help but I know a few things about spirits and am even able to channel them. Right now, I need to finish making my introductions, but we should talk later. My name is Faliana, by the way.”

Next she focuses her attention on the tall blond lady. Mirroring the woman’s cheery, warm, and open expression, Faliana gives her a solid handshake, and, giving the back of the woman’s hand a comforting pat, says ”I’m Faliana and most people call me that. But, nevermind that, it’s a joy to make your acquaintance Dru! I hope we have an enjoyable adventure together.”

She moves on, taking in the two-foot frog, and decides to sit down to be on eye-level with him. She smiles, shakes his hand and fishes out a wooden holy symbol, ”I see you have a symbol of Sarenrae. I, personally, am a follower of Ashava, the True Spark but it’s always nice to meet a fellow follower of a benevolent goddess.”

Finally she stands and turns to Dale, taking in his massive hair and beard with little more than a quirk of an eyebrow, she gives him a warm smile and a short bow, avoiding a hand shake. Her eyes alight on his bandolier and she quickly asks, [b]”Why that is an impressive collection of alchemical supplies, what all do you have in there? ” After a few moments of chatting with him about his alchemy and skills with it, she delicately extracts herself from the conversation.

With a final turn and a face comprising many of the various elements of her previous introductions, she adds one final thing to her introduction, “Before we go any further, I should mention I am a medium, I can channel several spirits of souls faithful to Ashava, the true spark, and they lend me some of their abilities. However, their influence over me may cause me to act unusual. I hope this isn’t too off putting. However, are there any ideas as to what our group might be lacking?”

And now to after the VC’s entrance and briefing.
Faliana listens to the man’s introduction intently and then comments, ”That is a problem, if what the former pathfinder brought back is also what is cursing the museum, we might even get blamed for intentionally letting Trantos sell it to him. We should probably move quickly to settle this. However, if I am to help the group to the best of my abilities, I am going to need an hour or so to conduct a séance.”

Dark Archive

Male Human Alchemist 3 HP: (18/18) 24/24 AC: (19)16 FF:14 T:12 F:+4 R:+5 W:+2 CLW Spoon:29/50 Perception +7 , Sense Motive +5 (Bombs: 6/9) Effects: Endure Elements, Ant Haul (Plagued! Fatigued, -5CON, -2CHA), Shield

Dale smiles and nods at Faliana once she introduces herself and is more than happy, no, excited to talk about alchemy amongst many other things, including what exactly a 'medium' is. "Oh, yes I guess the VC is coming. We'll need to talk more later then."

VC TIME!

Upon seeing the large man (far larger than Dale, who is quite small physically, even including the thick hair) come in and settle down, Dale smiles and nods excitedly, adjusting his bandoleers and clearing this throat a bit.

Perception DC26:
Dale discreetly pulled a small vial from his bandoleer and drank it down as he cleared his throat. Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Knowledge:Local(Trantos): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 2 = 22
Knowledge:Local(Andril): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 2 = 20
Knowledge:Local(Nigel): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 = 18
Knowledge:History: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 2 = 23

GM:
Dale has the Human Feat: Improvisation: You gain a +2 bonus on all skill checks for skills you have no ranks in. Furthermore, you can use all skills designated "trained only" untrained. I also consumed a heightened awareness extract which is the +2 to those knowledge rolls.

"Oh this is going to be great! How long do you think we can stay inside this Museum? I bet I could spend weeks in a place like that... Its almost like being in the jungle but without the humidity and biting flies!"

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Fighter (3) Init +2 HP 31/31 AC 21 T 12 FF 19 Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +4 Per +6 Move 30 CLW Wand 49/50

After a round of handshakes, with more different kind fo Pathfinder she has ever encountered, Dru takes a quick, disbelieving look at her favorite flask

And I hadn't had a drop so far...That mistake should be corrected right now, by Caiden Caillean!

She gulps some of the liquid, and then listen to the VC.

Never went to that museum. Or to any other museum, in fact, so far as I recall. Do you know anything about the "curse" you've referred to? Who could have put it, why or what it does? My training with weapons won't do me much good about a curse

The Exchange

Male N Half-Orc Brawler (Steel-Breaker) 2 | HP: 16/16 20 | AC: 17 18 (11 12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 (15 Fl) | F: +4 +6, R: +5 +6, W: +4 | Init: +3 +4 | Perc: +7, SM +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Fatigue, Con damage - 4

To Faliana

"Haha!" Brady laughs. "I'm sorry, you've misunderstood. I do not seek 'a' spirit, but 'the' spirit, if you will. Rather, just 'spirit' is how I feel it to be. That which is greater than us all. Greater than the gods, even. What binds us all together."

"I hold no hope that I will find what I seek, but I feel that the seeking is important, too."

Back in real-time

Brady remains standing near a shelf covered in artifacts while the Venture Captain explains the Society's predicament. The name 'Trantos' tugs at his mind, and he searches for an answer.

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Moving closer to Adril's desk, he places his hands on the back of the chair he was intended to occupy and leans forward slightly. It's an instinctive movement, not calculated, but it often serves to unnerve the person he addresses; clearly a man such as Adril would not be intimidated, and the move is simply reflexive.

"I agree with Dru; knowing more about the nature of this curse will help us. My strength is solely in my fists, but I have some small amount of gold and perhaps even some small amount of influence in the Society, after my confirmation. I would like to prepare to defend myself from this curse if I can; I doubt my fists will be able to protect me from that."


Adril raises a questioning eyebrow at Faliana's request, and frowns slightly, before answering both her and Dru's questions.

"We've no idea what's going on in there, which is part of the problem. That will be your jobs. If we knew what artifacts Trantos brought back, we might be able to guess, but at this point, it would be as good as yours."

"I don't want to rush things, of course." He says carefully. "But the longer this takes, the bigger chance it all goes sideways on us." He glances towards the nearby window. "By now, the sun's almost down out there, so less folks walking the streets thankfully... but it doesn't take much for 'word' to start spreading. I'm hoping you can get to the heart of whatever this curse is and shut it down before it spills out into the public eye."

You will be able to do your seance... but will be arriving after dark =) But that's ok! Its more thematic that way.

Dale and Brady:
You have heard a bit about the missing Pathfinder. Mostly from some of his family members who were coming around asking after him a few weeks back. Apparently he'd spent the better part of the past year down in the Expanse, and had been writing letters to his wife and brother the entire time... but suddenly those stopped coming a few months back, and they eventually grew concerned. Concerned enough to try to find answers at the Lodge.

From what you overheard, the last few letters talked of lucrative finds and three idols of dark wood carved in the shape of monkeys, and the entire letters were supposedly covered in strange sketches and scribbles of monkeys and the like. They certainly didn't sound like the writings of a sane mind.

Some of Adril's information is also not new to you, as you'd heard wind of Lugizar's arrival in town as well, perhaps from the save source as the VC.

Strangely enough, his arrival coincided with a number of the monkeys and apes at the city's menageries going suddenly wild and attacking their handlers, before fleeing into the city. Pure coincidence, you're sure.

He turns his attention to Dale, pondering the question.

"As I said, the mess is time sensitive... but once you sort out whatever has gone wrong, you can spend as much time in there as Nigel will allow you I suppose." He shrugs, clearly not sure why someone would want to, then smiles, showing a large gap between his front teeth. "Call it extra incentive to try to mend those burned bridges!"

More Dale!:
Adril's involvement in the Slave Riots has been a hot topic of rumor around the Lodge for years. Unfortunately, you're no more tuned into the truth of those rumors then anyone else. He was certainly involved somehow though!

Nigel Aldain you've heard of. He is an elven man who managed to marry himself into the powerful and influential Blackros Family. They made him curator of the museum shortly thereafter.

Dark Archive

Male Human Alchemist 3 HP: (18/18) 24/24 AC: (19)16 FF:14 T:12 F:+4 R:+5 W:+2 CLW Spoon:29/50 Perception +7 , Sense Motive +5 (Bombs: 6/9) Effects: Endure Elements, Ant Haul (Plagued! Fatigued, -5CON, -2CHA), Shield

"Ah yes, Nigel, he was that Elf that married into the Blackros Family? Quite the financial step up I bet there. AND a fine position at the museum to boot!" I should look into a marriage for gain.. if only this damned hair would stop growing! He looks off into the distance for a moment wistfully, brushing the hair back out of his eyes.

"Well, I'll need to make a few purchases of my own before we get started, but it sounds like we've got enough time for that at least right?" He starts checking on what exactly he's got in his bandoleer and backpack.

"We best be ready for crazed monkeys. Perhaps some fruit or tranquilizers could be in order here? I wonder if they make monkey repellent..."

I think I should put some of this pile of gold to use and maybe pick up a MW light crossbow. I may also browse some other tidbits.


Again, Adril grins ruefully.

"In the back of your mind, there's a small part that'd like to think once they leave us, that their lives take a sudden downturn." He says absently. "The error of their choices leading them down a path of regret. But the truth of it is, life goes on for all of us. Nigel has managed to do well for himself since he departed, for sure."

Silver Crusade

Grippli Cleric (ecclesitheurge) of Sarenrae 2 | HP 19/19 | AC 15, T 14, FF 12 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc +3 | Init +3 | heal +3

The little frog looks at Adril. "Is there anything that you do know about the artifacts, or the former Pathfinder who sold them? How did you know they were coming? Is there any word from others who were on the expedition?"


"All we know at this point," The Venture-Captain says, answering Tad's queries "Was they were some of the early finds at one of our new dig sights in the Mwangi Expanse. Trantos was one of the middle men for that site, in charge of supplies and shipments to and from. We'd lost track of him for a time, so his coming into town now was a surprise to most."

"By the time word came to us, he had already bee-lined straight to the Museum, sold everything to Nigel, and skipped town. Then, of course, this curse descends on the place."

He looks thoughtful for a moment, before adding. "One of the reports did mention he looked to be in pretty bad shape. Physically, that is. Gaunt and pale, unfocused yellow eyes, that sort of thing. Oh, and with a rasping cough of some sort. Was only the one report that mentioned that, so put it up to dock-talk. But given everything else, perhaps more too it. Keep an eye out when you go to the Museum."

"I'm afraid we're all flying a bit blind on this one. So the sooner you get there, the sooner we'll know more."

Silver Crusade

Grippli Cleric (ecclesitheurge) of Sarenrae 2 | HP 19/19 | AC 15, T 14, FF 12 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc +3 | Init +3 | heal +3

Tad nods in understanding. "Better be off to the museum, then, friends. Let us go, if the Lady of Light is willing."

Sovereign Court

Male Vanara 2 Unchained Monk (Sage Counselor)
stats:
HP 22/CHP7/AC 16:Touch16:FF14/Fort 6:Ref 6: Will 5/ CMB 4:CMD 20
-

Monty nods and stands.

The sooner we resolve this situation, the sooner we can find out more about what has happened to this rogue who stole from us.

Sovereign Court

CG Half-elf Medium (Relic Channeler) 2, Brawler 1 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 18 (T 12, FF 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +3+1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6+1, SM: +7+1 | Speed 20ft | Spirit channeled: Sasha the Heirophant | Influence: 1/4 | Taboo given surges 2/2 | Martial Flexibility 7/7 | Active conditions: Heirophant Bonus, Boon, and Taboo; Fatigued; Sick, - 1 Cha

Faliana nods as well and takes a moment to think. "We should be moving quickly but I still need an hour to prepare. However it looks like at least one of us is wanting to buy supplies and I notice a couple people don't have any armor on to speak of. Why don't you go and buy supplies while I get ready here?"

She turns to Adrian and address him. "Forget this seance I need a space to draw out a chalk circle and light some candles. May I use your office here or is there a more appropriate space elsewhere? I will clean up my supplies afterwards, of course."

If anyone has any suggestions about what spirit might be useful let me know. We have quite a few melee fighters, but maybe the champion, guardian, or marshal would work? Or, if you don't mind having 2 people hanging back, the archmage might work.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Fighter (3) Init +2 HP 31/31 AC 21 T 12 FF 19 Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +4 Per +6 Move 30 CLW Wand 49/50

I got some spare money, if that can help the team.

offers Drusilla


"Please, take that elsewhere." Adril says to Faliana, with a slight frown, as she asks to use his office for her mystic ceremony. "All I need is a bunch of spirits getting into all of this." He waves one hand forlornly at all the scrolls and papers atop his desk.

"Here, I can at least give you this." He fumbles through the paperwork on his desk, and withdraws what turns out to be a simple map.

"The museum." He explains. "I'd suggest starting here." He points to a spot on the map. "Those are the offices. You should find Nigel there. Hopefully he'll have some idea of what's going on."

And with that, he waves you out of his office. "Begone, all of you. And good luck."

"Don't become museum pieces yourselves." He adds with a gap-toothed grin.

You leave the giant man, sitting behind his tiny desk, staring at the overwhelming pile of paperwork before him with a resigned glare.

At this point, Faliana can do her seance... I imagine the Grand Lodge has a spot to summon any of them.
Personally, I have no idea how the medium class works, so what might or might not be appropriate is up to you! =)

Let me know if any of you are picking up anything... otherwise, will move you to the Museum shortly...


The sun will have dropped below the horizon by the time you head towards the Museum an hour later. The night air is crisp with a slight chill... a hint of autumn on the air after an overly hot summer.

It takes about twenty minutes to walk from the Grand Lodge, in the city's Foreign Quarter, to the Wise Quarter where the museum resides. The trip goes quicker then it would have during the day, as most of the street traffic has cleared as night descended.

When you finally reach it, it is hard to picture it as a museum at all. A single black spire, rising up into the night sky, almost appears to split the full moon in two. It is a large building built with heavy gothic influences, making it appear more the home of some Ustalavan noble then the museum it claims to be, as it rises up like a great looming shadow.

Dale:
You have heard about this particular place, apparently built during the early days of Absalom itself, over a thousand years ago.

It was purportedly the stronghold of an eccentric wizard named Ralzeros the Overwatched, who built it as an observatory to study distant worlds (or, some have said, to be studied by them). He supposedly disappeared following a mage duel with another of Abaslom's early wizards.

It lay more-or-less abandoned for centuries, before the Blackros family purchased it as a place to store their vast collection of curios and artifacts from the faraway places in which they did business.

The black iron gates surrounding the exhibition hall grind in protest against a wind that seems to have risen up out of nowhere. Beyond the gate, the museum's large oaken doors stand wide open, a silver-gray mist belching forth from the cavernous darkness within.

You are pretty sure that's not part of the normal exhibit.

I've included a map of the museum on the Map link up top, so you have a rough idea of the layout. You guys are just outside the front door.

Faliana:
You feel your channeled spirit stir slightly, as you near the building.

Dale, give me another Knowledge roll. (What kind is irrelevant, as they're all the same =))

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CG Half-elf Medium (Relic Channeler) 2, Brawler 1 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 18 (T 12, FF 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +3+1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6+1, SM: +7+1 | Speed 20ft | Spirit channeled: Sasha the Heirophant | Influence: 1/4 | Taboo given surges 2/2 | Martial Flexibility 7/7 | Active conditions: Heirophant Bonus, Boon, and Taboo; Fatigued; Sick, - 1 Cha

Faliana gives a nod of approval and with a slightly pained look, acknowledges, "I understand, sir. I believe there was an appropriate place on the grounds outside, as well. I wouldn't worry too much about my spirits affecting your paperwork, though. None of them much cared for it either. We will be off then and do our best." She gives him a formal bow. She gathers her bag and and her bladed scarf and heads to the door.

Before leaving she turns and addresses the whole room, "If anyone is free and interested feel free to come and observe, or even participate if you wish. I've heard stories that some mediums can boost other's abilities with a seance, and have been wanting to try myself for a while now."

The Seance:

Reaching an open spot on the grounds of the lodge, Faliana sets down her bag. Rummaging around in it, she pulls out two small bags, and proceeds to remove three candles and a piece of chalk from the first. She draws a circle on the ground. At equidistant points around the circle she places the candles and then draws lines connecting them to each other with the chalk. Lighting the candles with a piece of flint and steel, she heads into the center of the circle.

In the circle she sits down in a comfortable position and picks up the other bag, reverently removes a worn swath of red fabric from it. Staring at the cloth, she starts to whisper a prayer to Ashava. For the next hour she stays there almost like a statue, unblinking and intent upon the cloth. The small prayer she repeats every five minutes being the only movement and sound she makes. Each time she repeats the prayer her voice loses much of it's normal lilt and takes an almost steel like intensity to it.

At the end, Faliana give a start and a large intake of breath as if waking with a start. She blinks her eyes a few times, stretches and cleans up her mess. Bag back in hand, she goes off to find the rest of her group.

As the group nears the gate Faliana stops abruptly. "Before we go in there, there's someone you should meet. She can be a bit overbearing but bear with her, she knows what she is doing."

He whole face goes slack for a second. As the tension returns, her usual calm and slightly smiling expression is replaced by an almost iron mask of a stern look. In a commanding voice that many a king would kill for she says, "Alright troops, wait excuse that, Faliana says I should call you 'Pathfinders.' Alright, Pathfinders, Attention! I am Anavi, and it is my duty to make sure you accomplish your goals and don't die here or have worse happen to you. I may not have a nominal command here but I guarantee you that I have more experience with command than any of you here! And I expect you to 'consider' the 'suggestions' I give you, or so help me... " With this her face goes slack for a moment and Anvi's expression returns, this her cheeks slightly red and her expression a little apologetic. "Faliana reminds me that I don't have the position to expect people to follow my commands anymore. But I am committed to making sure everyone here survives this, so be careful in there, I don't like the feeling of this place."

Faliana's more subdued energy takes over a few seconds later, an expression of embarrassment coloring her cheeks. " Sorry, sometimes when I first channel her she forgets she isn't a general anymore. I'm trying to get her to relax, but I fear she still has a ways to go. Try not to pay her too much mind, she does care about your well being."

"But enough of this, shall we head in?"

Faliana is channeling Anavi, the marshal spirit. She can use Marshal's Order three times today. This allows her to use her spirit surge (a 1d6+1) on attack rolls, saving throws, ability checks, concentration checks, and skill checks rolled by her or any allies who participated in her séance as long as she has line of sight and line of effect, and you are within 30 feet of her. Using a spirit surge costs influence and she can only take up to four points of influence, but it can be used after failing a roll.
And EM±GM, Faliana is a Relic Channeler so she can channel a spirit anywhere as long as she has her relics.

Dark Archive

Male Human Alchemist 3 HP: (18/18) 24/24 AC: (19)16 FF:14 T:12 F:+4 R:+5 W:+2 CLW Spoon:29/50 Perception +7 , Sense Motive +5 (Bombs: 6/9) Effects: Endure Elements, Ant Haul (Plagued! Fatigued, -5CON, -2CHA), Shield

Participate in the seance? What an opportunity! Dale quickly speaks up to accept the invitation. "Well I do need to stop quick to buy a nice crossbow, but I can't pass on studying this ritual! You don't mind if I take notes do you?"

Dale was hoping to check that out even before you said there were bonuses involved! He's got a very interested mind in everything.

Dale does his best to stay silent during the actual ritual, but is quite chatty with questions before and after, taking numerous notes, especially the precise placements of candles and chalk lines. Even taking references from sun positions and date. "This is great!"

Afterwards Knowledge: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

On the way to the museum Dale runs into a weaponry shop quick and quite quickly returns carrying a finely crafted crossbow and a few quivers of bolts of different types. "Seemed a bit pricey, but the guy said it works good underwater? He tossed in a bunch of kinds of bolts when I said we may be dealing with spooks and curses!"

MW underwater light crossbow and 10 of each bolt: regular, silvered, cold iron

We're Here!

Once everyone arrives Dale looks up in absolute excitement at the tower, a bit less so at the belching mists from the open door but excited none the less. "I've heard about this particular place!" Said with a strong overtone of 'obviously'. "It was apparently built during the early days of Absalom itself, over a thousand years ago.

It was purportedly the stronghold of an eccentric wizard named Ralzeros the Overwatched, who built it as an observatory to study distant worlds (or, some have said, to be studied by them). He supposedly disappeared following a mage duel with another of Abaslom's early wizards.

It lay more-or-less abandoned for centuries, before the Blackros family purchased it as a place to store their vast collection of curios and artifacts from the faraway places in which they did business."

He takes out his journal quick and inkpen and makes a few quick notes seeing the general layout and noting the condition of the entrance, while taking a quick look at the map for reference. "Hrm, the office is around the side. Maybe we should try there and avoid this gaping maw of obvious destruction here for later?"

Silver Crusade

Grippli Cleric (ecclesitheurge) of Sarenrae 2 | HP 19/19 | AC 15, T 14, FF 12 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc +3 | Init +3 | heal +3

When Faliana issues her invitation, Tad looks interested. "These spirits you interact with, are they all good, such as would please The Lady of Light? I would join you, but not if it might displease Her."


Just to clarify, the office is accessed through the west gallery. There are no other entrances on the outside of the building then the doors you see standing open before you now

Dale:
As you walk, you're brain mulls over the bits of information you've heard since your meeting with the Venture-Captain, and you are starting to wonder about those masks you recalled hearing about, from Trantos' letters to his family.

You read somewhere, in a book talking about the fabled Gorilla King, sitting on his throne of human skulls in the dread city of Usaro, in the heart of the Mwangi Expanse, that many of the denizens were worshippers of the demon lord Angazhan, described as 'a thing of primordeal darkness, a foul-breathed demon who grunts prophesies of blood to apes and madmen'

The Angazhan cultists who founded the city were said to capture the souls of monkeys in the wood-grains of strange idols the book referred to as Tik Taan. The monkey's tormented spirits became the slaves and playthings of the demon lord himself, who murdered their playful whims and replaced them with deep-seated hate and wild madness. The idols were rumored to shred the sanity of anyone who spent too much time in their presence.

It would be a long shot, but its possible the idols mentioned in those letters might be some variation of these very Tik Taan. If so, that might also explain the Venture-Captain's report of what was happening to those entering.

You're not sure how much exposure was required, or what you could do about it anyway, if true... and of course, none of that explains the silvery mist broiling out of the museum now.

Sovereign Court

CG Half-elf Medium (Relic Channeler) 2, Brawler 1 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 18 (T 12, FF 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +3+1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6+1, SM: +7+1 | Speed 20ft | Spirit channeled: Sasha the Heirophant | Influence: 1/4 | Taboo given surges 2/2 | Martial Flexibility 7/7 | Active conditions: Heirophant Bonus, Boon, and Taboo; Fatigued; Sick, - 1 Cha

Before the Seance:
Faliana gives Dale a welcoming smile. "Notes would be appreciated, actually. Maybe you'll have some insights into how I can better integrate people! Anyways, I would love to see your notes and hear what you think of it."

She next answers Tads question,with a sympathetic look. "I would be loathe to aggravate her, too. But no worries, these are all spirits who, after their death, were unwilling to move onto the boneyard. The True Spark herself collected them and is helping them to let go. I'm just a vessel they can inhabit to help accomplish that. I doubt Sarenrae would object to you helping that."

As they approach the grounds, she gives the others a short briefing on what she is going to do and a few warnings. "I'm going to set up a circle with a few candles and concentrate on calling the spirit for a bit. If you want to participate, you'll have to stay in the circle and avoid knocking any candles over. What you do during that time doesn't matter but try not to disturb me; it's important I concentrate."

Outside of the building she says, "Dale, I don't know if the moonlight is bright enough for you, but there's no doors over there. And there's what looks like a thick bush blocking the back. I think we have no choice but to go in the front..."

Dark Archive

Male Human Alchemist 3 HP: (18/18) 24/24 AC: (19)16 FF:14 T:12 F:+4 R:+5 W:+2 CLW Spoon:29/50 Perception +7 , Sense Motive +5 (Bombs: 6/9) Effects: Endure Elements, Ant Haul (Plagued! Fatigued, -5CON, -2CHA), Shield

Seance

Dale nods along a bit with Faliana Access to MY journal? HELL NO! Too much important research in there! "Umm, well, if you like I can either take notes for you if you'd like them written, or I can just give you some feedback verbally? This old journal is like a family member to me, I couldn't part with it for one second to be honest." Dale prepares to take his notes at the back of the journal to tear out the pages or on something of hers.

Oh that's a window, gotcha. Well we can still go around and check out the windows right?

"You know... " Ponders Dale out loud, which in your brief time knowing Dale, is very frequent. That and his constant talking, either asking questions or answering questions (whether they were asked or not), or cracking less than great jokes.

"As I was walking, I've mulled over the bits of information we've heard since our meeting with the Venture-Captain, and I'm starting to wonder about those masks we recalled hearing about, from Trantos' letters to his family.

I've read somewhere, in a book talking about the fabled Gorilla King, sitting on his throne of human skulls in the dread city of Usaro, in the heart of the Mwangi Expanse, that many of the denizens were worshippers of the demon lord Angazhan, described as 'a thing of primordeal darkness, a foul-breathed demon who grunts prophesies of blood to apes and madmen'

The Angazhan cultists who founded the city were said to capture the souls of monkeys in the wood-grains of strange idols the book referred to as Tik Taan. The monkey's tormented spirits became the slaves and playthings of the demon lord himself, who murdered their playful whims and replaced them with deep-seated hate and wild madness. The idols were rumored to shred the sanity of anyone who spent too much time in their presence.

It would be a long shot, but its possible the idols mentioned in those letters might be some variation of these very Tik Taan. If so, that might also explain the Venture-Captain's report of what was happening to those entering.

I'm not sure how much exposure is required, or what we could do about it anyway, if true... and of course, none of that explains that silvery mist broiling out of the museum now."

Sovereign Court

Male Vanara 2 Unchained Monk (Sage Counselor)
stats:
HP 22/CHP7/AC 16:Touch16:FF14/Fort 6:Ref 6: Will 5/ CMB 4:CMD 20
-

The old monk is pretty quiet during the proceedings, both in the séance and the travel. He sometimes nods along, but otherwise makes not a sound as he walks along, leaning on his staff. As they stand outside the museum, he listens to Dale talk about the Mwangi expanse, and his face darkens into a uncharacteristic fround.

It is, sadly, no fable. My home is in the expanse, and all fear Usaro. Any who live there know it is better to take your own life than be captured by the Gorilla King's subjects. I met a survivor once... just once.

He shakes his head slowly.

She... Well, it is not my story to tell. Suffice to say, the poor woman often advise that if she where braver, she would end her life rather than live with the memories of what happened. If these idols are related to Usaro, we must be very careful indeed.

He looks at the mist and begins to slowly walk forward.

However, One does not live a full life by hiding behind the banana tree. We must accept that life will not be so kind as to hand us our victories. Caution is wise, but fear is the mind killer. Let us proceed my fellow pathfinders, and see what dice fate has rolled for us today.

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Fighter (3) Init +2 HP 31/31 AC 21 T 12 FF 19 Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +4 Per +6 Move 30 CLW Wand 49/50

Dru shows her flask of alcohol

That's my own kind of spirits...Now, shall we proceed? No offense meant, but we might have some monkey business to end before the dawn.

She winks at the simian monk, and verifies her morninstar, ready for battle

Do you think we are waited for?

Drusilla looks at the building, trying to find a potential weakness or to spot someone Inside Perception roll, +2 bonus. I think you roll them for us?

Know Engineering: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


The windows of the building prove to be barely that. Designed to let in light, but not vision, they are little more then thick translucent blocks of some sort of mineral and heavily barred.

use the door! =)

Drusilla can tell that the entire building has a solidness to it that indicates it was built to last. Though if what Dale said earlier is true, it has been here for over a millenia, so not surprising. She can see only darkness within the Museum, as the strange mists continue to seep out the open doorway and eddy around her feet. They appear to be much thicker inside, though mostly clinging to the floor. She hears only silence, and her companions behind her.

But none of that can keep a strange sense of unease from pecking at the back of her senses. Something is definitely not right in there.

Dark Archive

Male Human Alchemist 3 HP: (18/18) 24/24 AC: (19)16 FF:14 T:12 F:+4 R:+5 W:+2 CLW Spoon:29/50 Perception +7 , Sense Motive +5 (Bombs: 6/9) Effects: Endure Elements, Ant Haul (Plagued! Fatigued, -5CON, -2CHA), Shield

Fair enough, just exploring options, Dale will do that!

Dale pulls out a small metal rod and bangs the end of it on the side of the doorway causing it to ignite into a bright glow, shedding far more light than a normal torch as well as giving off no heat or smoke. "Who wants to go first? Not me! I'm the brains not the brawn. Also be noted.. I can throw explosive bombs and use this neat new crossbow, but if you want me to hit something best to not be in the way. I'm no fancy archer!"

Light up a sunrod. Lasts for 6 hours. Alchemy is fun.

Sovereign Court

Male Vanara 2 Unchained Monk (Sage Counselor)
stats:
HP 22/CHP7/AC 16:Touch16:FF14/Fort 6:Ref 6: Will 5/ CMB 4:CMD 20
-

The old monk grins at Dru and steps through the door, glancing about the room to see what is about. Though he looks relaxed, those with sharp eyes can see that his body is tensed and ready to react to any oncoming foes.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Forgive me Dale, but I would request you keep explosives away from me for now... I have taken far to long of a break from this adventuring life, and my old bones don't move as fast as they used to.

Old coot is as blind as Mr Magoo to apparently.

The Exchange

Male N Half-Orc Brawler (Steel-Breaker) 2 | HP: 16/16 20 | AC: 17 18 (11 12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 (15 Fl) | F: +4 +6, R: +5 +6, W: +4 | Init: +3 +4 | Perc: +7, SM +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Fatigue, Con damage - 4

You may notice some changes to Brady; I forgot to update his online profile for a rebuild I did after his last scenario. The major change you'll notice is that he's a half-orc now. I'm playing him towards the human end of the half-orc scale, so there's no real change to what I've described or how he's been roleplayed. Feel free to roleplay noticing he's part orc after having mistaken him for human at some point, if you'd like. :)

At the Grand Lodge

Brady peers over at the map in Adril's office, noting the location of the museum.

Excited to see Faliana's seance, he berates her with questions during their walk. When they arrive and she starts setting up for the ritual, he gives her space to do her work without interruption. He pays close attention throughout, and seems a bit underwhelmed when she packs up her things. He asks no more questions on the walk.

At the Museum

When they arrive, Brady expresses one simple thought immediately: "Wow. The place looks pretty spooky."

He can say no more before Faliana introduces her spirit; Brady is perhaps more shocked at this than the museum, having thought the seance to have been unsuccessful. He has to reign in his awe after Faliana returns.

Before they proceed past the gate, he interrupts as he draws a wand from a side pouch. It's of a dark, angular wood tipped with a single cloudy quartz crystal. "I forgot to mention this before. It's a simple healing wand. I can't use it, but one of you can, right? If I get hurt and can't help myself, it'll be right here." He pats the pouch as he replaces the wand. "Please don't leave me hanging."

Dale and Mr. Monty's tales of the history that might be behind these idols leaves Brady mostly speechless as he ponders what they might all be getting into here. But he's not ready to give up to ghost stories and mist, so he approaches the front door with the others, stepping up when Dale asks. "I'm happy staying up front; keep that sunrod high so I can see." He begins cautiously moving through the mist into the building, braced behind his heavy shield, but with no weapon drawn.

Dark Archive

Male Human Alchemist 3 HP: (18/18) 24/24 AC: (19)16 FF:14 T:12 F:+4 R:+5 W:+2 CLW Spoon:29/50 Perception +7 , Sense Motive +5 (Bombs: 6/9) Effects: Endure Elements, Ant Haul (Plagued! Fatigued, -5CON, -2CHA), Shield

Dale will nod at Brady "I can use healing wands. I've got one here myself! Don't be fooled... it may look like a large wooden spoon, but that's merely a joke played by some Halfling Clerics."

He offers Brady to carry the sunrod if he'd like "Not sure if you use a regular weapon? If you punch things then feel free to carry the light so I can use this new crossbow. Its probably safer than too many explosives being tossed about." No promises though...


Brady and Monty take the lead, as you each slowly step into the atrium of the museum.

An unnatural cold seems to permeate the large open chamber as the tendrils of silver-gray mist, flowing out the front archway into the courtyard beyond, seem to effortlessly pierce the flesh and gently caress the bone in a cold embrace.

The darkness that faced you outside, seems to fall away as you enter, as if something was preventing the light from exiting the building. The grand entryway's vaulted ceiling is supported by six great pillars of hewn black stone. Braziers mounted on the pillars cast white radiance from balls of continual light. The light glimmers eerily in the silvery haze that fills the atrium, giving the impression of something alien watching from the glowing fog.

The fog itself seems to billow and furl around your feat and sends faint tendrils up towards the ceiling. Small eddies swirl off as you move through it, only to wrap around again and form whorls at your feat.

I need everyone to make a Will save!

Dark Archive

Male Human Alchemist 3 HP: (18/18) 24/24 AC: (19)16 FF:14 T:12 F:+4 R:+5 W:+2 CLW Spoon:29/50 Perception +7 , Sense Motive +5 (Bombs: 6/9) Effects: Endure Elements, Ant Haul (Plagued! Fatigued, -5CON, -2CHA), Shield

Dale heads inside behind the others, slightly nervous about what to expect but generally excited to see what's inside this mysterious museum. Once inside he's a bit disappointed at it being so well lit. Dang that's a waste of a sunrod!

His disappointment doesn't last long though as he's surrounded by cool plants in the atrium, and this mist that seems to have a mind of its own!

Will Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

He wafts it out of the way as he digs into the plants of the room. "Look at all this cool stuff! Give me a second here while I take a look. We can't be too thorough you know!"
Knowledge:Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Sovereign Court

CG Half-elf Medium (Relic Channeler) 2, Brawler 1 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 18 (T 12, FF 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +3+1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6+1, SM: +7+1 | Speed 20ft | Spirit channeled: Sasha the Heirophant | Influence: 1/4 | Taboo given surges 2/2 | Martial Flexibility 7/7 | Active conditions: Heirophant Bonus, Boon, and Taboo; Fatigued; Sick, - 1 Cha

Back at the lodge
Faliana gladly accepts both Brady and Dale's questions, trying to answer them as best she can.

When Dale explains how important the journal is to him, Faliana immediately responds, "Oh, there's no need for me to read your notes, I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts on this, how you present them doesn't matter to me."

Outside the museum

Faliana just keeps a bleak look on her face as she listens to both Dale and Monty's stories, unwilling to comment.

Faliana takes up a position behind the two at the lead, her longspear in hand and ready to face whatever jumps out at them. A few twitches of her face and the steely-eyed look of Anavi bores out into the darkness. For some reason the woman is visably shaking, and she starts muttering in a quiet voice. "I don't like this, monkey demons and this unnatural mist."

Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Sovereign Court

Male Vanara 2 Unchained Monk (Sage Counselor)
stats:
HP 22/CHP7/AC 16:Touch16:FF14/Fort 6:Ref 6: Will 5/ CMB 4:CMD 20
-

The simian sage looks around, slowly moving further in.

"Me neither my friend. These mists are like those at home in the morning jungle, but wrong somehow... "

will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

-Posted with Wayfinder

Silver Crusade

Grippli Cleric (ecclesitheurge) of Sarenrae 2 | HP 19/19 | AC 15, T 14, FF 12 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +6 | Perc +3 | Init +3 | heal +3

Tad holds his holy symbol in his hand as he follows the others. He doesn't like the feeling of this place, but he trusts the Lady of Light.

will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

The Exchange

Male N Half-Orc Brawler (Steel-Breaker) 2 | HP: 16/16 20 | AC: 17 18 (11 12 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 (15 Fl) | F: +4 +6, R: +5 +6, W: +4 | Init: +3 +4 | Perc: +7, SM +6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Fatigue, Con damage - 4

Brady is happy to take the sunrod from Dale, keeping it high and aloft without sacrificing his readiness to respond to a threat.

Unfortunately, the threat isn't of such a nature that he can respond with a physical strike; instead, he has to prepare his mind to weather the assault from... is it the mist?... ...the museum?... ...what twisted mind or power is trying to warp his senses right now?!?

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

A 6 and an 8 on the frontline....

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Fighter (3) Init +2 HP 31/31 AC 21 T 12 FF 19 Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +4 Per +6 Move 30 CLW Wand 49/50

Will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

I guess I failed that one.^^

What is that strange mist... I don't want to get mist-ified...

Dru tries to keep some humor, but blinks once or twice when the mist engulfs her, and her voice is less assured

whats.. whats happening?


As you enter the Museum's atrium, you can not stop yourselves from breathing in some of the wispy tendrils of silvery mist. Everyone starts to cough briefly as the cold cloying substance almost seems to crawl down into your lungs, burning as it goes.

Dale and Tad manage to recover relatively quickly, both of them shaking their heads to clear the sudden fog that was trying to build up there. But they both quickly notice that the others seem to be having a far harder time of it!

The light shining through the silvery fog almost makes it look like their bodies are warping and shifting before your eyes, though its more a trick of the light, and a change in their stances and demeanors... but then you realize their eyes seem to have taken on a strange yellowish glow in the mist as well.

Brady:
As you breath in the faint tendrils of silvery mist, you feel your mind start to cloud over and your body starts to warp and shift painfully. Soon, you can barely even remember who you are, as more primitive primal responses kick in.

Strangely, you still feel the urge to smash things... so I guess some things stay the same.

See the FAILURE spoiler below!

Monty:
Yes, the mists do remind you of home ... and they do feel wrong ... but you do not realize how wrong, until it is far too late!

Somewhere, buried deep down inside... some primal and ancient part of your ancestry, long since left behind, surges to the forefront, ripping aside the thousands of years of civilization and culture that define your people. You feel yourself stripped down to the very beasts and animals they rose up out of.

You try to resist, but its like the mists are dulling your senses and your ability to fight back, until you are more animal then vanaran.

Feel free to describe it how you want! =) See the FAILURE spoiler further down for actual effects!
Too be honest... it doesn't really change Monty's stats much at all =) But it will change your attitude/responses to things.

Faliana:
You have barely taken a few steps into the billowing mists, when you feel Anavi shouting a warning in the back of your mind.

One moment, the comforting steadfast confidence of your marshal spirit is there, the next it is overwhelmed by chaos! You hear the wild animal howls of monkies ... dozens of them ... you can not be sure, but you feel somewhere, Anavi is fighting a battle that you can not see... and is sorely outnumbered.

Even now, some of those evil spirits start to thread their way onto the connection you had with her only moments before, and you feel their evil madness start to seep into your own mind.

Just when you think they are about to totally overwhelm you, they let out a frustrated primal howl of anger, their assault seemingly stopped from going any farther. You don't know how, but you're sure Anavi is somehow keeping them at bay. But the effort has cut you off from her guidance... and it was not in time to keep your mind from getting beaten down to its primordial roots.

Feel free to describe it how you want! =) See the FAILURE spoiler further down for actual effects!

You are, for now, cut off from your Marshal Spirit because of it.
I'm going by the 'if you are not at least nominally in charge of your present allies, you lose the marshal's spirit bonus and seance boon.' part of the description of your Influence Penalty.

Drusilla:
As you breath in the faint tendrils of silvery mist, you feel your mind start to cloud over and your body starts to warp and shift painfully. Soon, you can barely even remember who you are!

Somewhere, in the back of your mind, more primordial, primitive responses seem to kick in... and stay.

See the FAILURE spoiler below!

For those that failed (aka: Faliana, Monty, Brady and Dru)

FAILURE:
Those of you who have failed, all gain the following mist-tainted template.

Mist-Tainted Template
Any living humanoid or monstrous humanoid who fails the will save against the mist's corrupting influence degenerates into an ape-like proto-creature, little more than a brutish animal, gaining the mist-tainted template.

  • Intelligence and Charisma scores are both reduced to 6 (Charisma- and Intelligence-based spellcasters under the effects of the mist are rendered incapable of casting spells
    due to the ability loss)
  • Strength and Dexterity score are both increased by +2
  • Immunity to fear
  • Gain a +10 bonus on Climb checks and gain a climb speed of 20 feet (Hmm.. we'll say it increases Monty's normal climb speed by +10)
  • Gains a +5 bonus on Acrobatics and Stealth checks
  • Gain a natural slam attack (1d4 damage for Medium creatures)

Note, this does not make you a crazed lunatic... yet... for now, its mostly just a feeling of physical change (really, you haven't changed that much at all, but you will act like it). Your companions are still your companions... and such... you just will tend to respond with more animal-like fervor to things. And not be much use in the thinking department.

Have fun role playing it!

Sovereign Court

CG Half-elf Medium (Relic Channeler) 2, Brawler 1 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 18 (T 12, FF 16) | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +3+1 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6+1, SM: +7+1 | Speed 20ft | Spirit channeled: Sasha the Heirophant | Influence: 1/4 | Taboo given surges 2/2 | Martial Flexibility 7/7 | Active conditions: Heirophant Bonus, Boon, and Taboo; Fatigued; Sick, - 1 Cha

As Anavi heads into the mists, she tries avoiding breathing any of the white substance in, but the fumes are too pervasive and she inevitably gets a lung-full. She only has a moment to shout, "NO! Run..." before the mists invade her lungs and her face goes slack. For the next few moments, a series of various expressions flicker rapidly across her face, showing in random succesion anger, surprise, horror, determination, and malicious glee.

As her eyes take on a yellow glow, Faliana's bearing takes back over, her normally calm and collected expression replaced by one of base worry, tainted with a little anger. "Anavi, gone? How? What? Why? WHO?" Her voice rises as she asks each question, ending off with a scream aimed at the ceiling. She brings her head down, her posture slumped over, and glares around the room, a snarl curling her upper lip. "I'm angry. No one take MY spirit! We hunt!" With this she raises a loud battle scream and thrusts her longspear into the air.

Ooohh, this is going to be fun and I hope this isn't taking it too far!

Liberty's Edge

Female Human Fighter (3) Init +2 HP 31/31 AC 21 T 12 FF 19 Fort +5 Ref +3 Will +4 Per +6 Move 30 CLW Wand 49/50

Dru growls, feeling herself full of energy, and beats the ground with her spear,before answering Falliana's scream with one of her own, trying to show who's the leader of the pack.

1 to 50 of 1,594 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / EM - [PFS] Feeling Hot Hot Hot All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.