DystopianGM's Destiny of the Sands Trilogy (Inactive)

Game Master DystopianDream

Perc:

[dice=Malusha]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Dart]1d20+13[/dice]
[dice=Phoebee]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Damiel]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Umbrato]1d20+4[/dice]

Init:

[dice=Damiel]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Dart]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Umbrato]1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Malusha]1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Phoebee]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Enemies]1d20+6[/dice]

Maps


151 to 200 of 805 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Male Human Cleric (Sarenrae) /5 | HP: 38/50 | AC: 20 T: 14 FF: 17 | CMB: +3 CMD: 17 | Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +10 | Init: +7 Perc: +10

Malusha steps back so that he has a clear shot. Nadric and Umbrato both seems to be engaged with an enemy and it's not clear to Malusha who to help. He makes a choice and shoots a crossbow bolt at the enemy fighting Nadric.

crossbow,into melee,bless: 1d20 + 6 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 4 + 1 = 12
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Scarab Sages

Male Sylph Brawler 1/Alchemist 1 (Chirurgeon/Wasteland Blightbreaker) | HP:16/16 | AC: 15 T: 12 FF: 13 | CMB:+ 2 CMD: 15 | F: +4 R: +7 W: +1 | Resistance: electricity:5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 SM: +1 | Speed 30 '(15)| Bomb 3/7, Featherfall 1/1, | Formula: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: NONE

The woman's shout smacks Sira cold in the face. He looks at the puzzle he thought the party had so deftly put together and realizes the pieces don't fit-they pounded them together to fit their own conception of the situation. The bulging mismatched pieces burst from their forced places and rearrange as the recent events replay back in his mind,

"You wouldn't be speaking of Grandmaster Thorn, would you?"

She wasn't merely ignorant of his name, she was fishing for it...and we gave it to her!

His mind trails back to their briefing,

"Regardless of Torch’s past treacheries, we need you to deal with him fairly for the information.

He mentally facepalms,

"Dear Desna of the Sevenfold Cynosure, we nearly sold a pardoned Pathfinder informant to the Red Mantis Assassins! And based solely on our personal bias against the man."

His thoughts jet forward to a future debriefing and trying to explain their actions to The Society.

"Not even your balanced education could pull off a bluff that great!"

Now the pieces fell together properly-and the reality that they were trying to deal with those who meant the end of the party they sought.

"No, there will be no deal, and you now have to make it seem as you never actually intended to. If any word got saying otherwise, good luck dealing with the actual Hundredfingers Gang themselves! Good luck getting the information they needed!"

He hears Dart, and almost breaks out in a teary laugh at the sick irony of that statement in the present elevation of circumstances.

"No, there will be no surrender...not now"

As the woman moves away Sira takes a swing at her.

AoO/Bless: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Bless spell 1x reroll(take the higher result) AoO: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
DMG: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

MOVE ACTIONHe then takes out his starknife and

STANDARD and throws it at her.

STARKNIFE/bless: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

DMG: 1d4 ⇒ 4

"Fool woman, we don't deal with those of your ilk!

Scarab Sages

CN Wayang Scrollmaster 1/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 16 (16 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +0; +2; +2 vs Shado Subschool, Evasion | Init: +7 +4 | Perc: +5 (+6 vs Traps), SM: -2 | Speed 20ft | 1/1 Dissolution’s Child; 1/1 Light and Dark; 6/6 Lightning Flash; At Will: Feather Fall (self) | Spells 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

"Don't let her escape!" calls out Umbrato, as he eyes the man before him. "You sure you want to do this? Really? Well....if you insist."

Swinging the paper sword, he realizes it would be helpful to aim first... Slashing the air next to his target, the wizard curses. "Really? That's going to really help!"

Actions:

Standard: Attack. 5ft step around

+1 Scrollblade vs Blue, bless: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 = 9
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Scarab Sages

AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 17 (+4 armor, +1 Dex, +2 shield, +1 size) hp 12 (1d10+2) Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +1; +2 vs. fear

Centimere should be able to run her down :)


The woman manages to escape the first blow from Sira, but he plants a starknife firmly in her back as she runs away! Nadric and Umbrato miss with their attacks while Ankird runs the red mantis spy down and litterally skewer hers, Centimere taking a sizable bite as well. Dart runs around the shacks to find the woman already unconcious. (Dart, you can retcon your standard action to something else.) Malusha attempts to hit with a crossbow bolt but it flies wide, sticking into the mud of the alley.

Kura's stabilize roll: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 1 - 2 = 6

The green-garbed tough carefully removes a vial from the folds of his armor, trying to figure out how to drink it before he loses consciousness. The blue tough, sneering at Umbrato with disdain, says, "You ain't nothin'," and moves over to aid his comrade. Blue provokes an AoO from Umbrato for movement. They both try and slam their saps into Nadric, the blue-garbed tough managing a solid hit.

Rolls:

Blue @ Nadric, flanking: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 2 = 19
DMG (nonlethal), sneak attack, sap adept: 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + (2) + 1 = 10

Yellow @ Nadric, flanking: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 2 = 15
DMG (nonlethal), sneak attack, sap adept: 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + (6) + 1 = 11

Bold may act.
Active party buffs: bless
Round 2 / 3

Umbrato
Ankird
Dart
Malusha

===========================
Toughs (Blue (-3), Green (-13, staggered, shaken) , Yellow)
Kura (-18, unconscious, dying)
===========================
Sira
Nadric
(-10 NL)

Scarab Sages

M Grippli Monk1 / Speaker for the Past 4 | AC29 T23 F26 | HP 58/58 | CMD:23 | F:+5 R:+9 W:+9 | Init:+7 | Perception: +13, Darkvision 60
Session Resources:
8/9 mythic points, all 2nd level spells

Retcon

Dart says, "boo," only to find the woman already downed. "Well done Ankird".

Dart attempts to stabilize.

heal: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Scarab Sages

AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 17 (+4 armor, +1 Dex, +2 shield, +1 size) hp 12 (1d10+2) Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +1; +2 vs. fear

The halfling nods at the grippli and then urges the brave Centimere around to attack the blue baddy with lance.

1d20 + 2 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 4 + 1 = 22 lance
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bard 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF | CMD 15 | F+1 R+6 W+3 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | Archaeologist's Luck: 6/6 Spells 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: haste, bless

Nadric is too focused on the enemy in front of him, so he doesn't manage to dodge a sudden whack to the back of his head. Feeling slightly dizzy, he shakes his head while stepping carefully to one side. He has no attention to spare for the woman who was trying to flee. He raises the rapier again and goes for another lucky strike, on the one who snuck up on him this time.

5ft step, swift for luck, standard attack blue

Attack vs blue: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 = 8

Crit?: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 10

Scarab Sages

Male Sylph Brawler 1/Alchemist 1 (Chirurgeon/Wasteland Blightbreaker) | HP:16/16 | AC: 15 T: 12 FF: 13 | CMB:+ 2 CMD: 15 | F: +4 R: +7 W: +1 | Resistance: electricity:5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 SM: +1 | Speed 30 '(15)| Bomb 3/7, Featherfall 1/1, | Formula: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: NONE

Sira step to one of the thugs threatening Nadric, BLUE-two spaces left and one up to avoid any AoOs and takes a swing at him.

IMP.unarmed strike-STR+1/BAB+1//flanking/bless: 1d20 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 19

DMG-Lethal: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Bless spell will add 1 to the damage

Scarab Sages

M Grippli Monk1 / Speaker for the Past 4 | AC29 T23 F26 | HP 58/58 | CMD:23 | F:+5 R:+9 W:+9 | Init:+7 | Perception: +13, Darkvision 60
Session Resources:
8/9 mythic points, all 2nd level spells

Dart run to one of thugs and says, "surrender, there is nothing left for you to gain."

Double move to yellow.

Sira, just a heads up bless does not add to damage.

Scarab Sages

CN Wayang Scrollmaster 1/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 16 (16 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +0; +2; +2 vs Shado Subschool, Evasion | Init: +7 +4 | Perc: +5 (+6 vs Traps), SM: -2 | Speed 20ft | 1/1 Dissolution’s Child; 1/1 Light and Dark; 6/6 Lightning Flash; At Will: Feather Fall (self) | Spells 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

"Oh?" remarks Umbrato as he slashes the sharp paper across the man's cheek. "How bout now?!"

AoO Dice:

+1 Scrollblade, bless attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 = 21
Damage?: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Moving to follow the man, he sets up across from his companion. "Now, this will be your undoing!"

Actions:

+1 Scrollblade, bless, flank: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 23
Damage, Sneak Attack: 1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + (4) = 7

Scrollblade -2 HP (1 more hit with it destroys it)

Scarab Sages

Male Sylph Brawler 1/Alchemist 1 (Chirurgeon/Wasteland Blightbreaker) | HP:16/16 | AC: 15 T: 12 FF: 13 | CMB:+ 2 CMD: 15 | F: +4 R: +7 W: +1 | Resistance: electricity:5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 SM: +1 | Speed 30 '(15)| Bomb 3/7, Featherfall 1/1, | Formula: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: NONE

I didn't think so, and then, for some reason I kept on reading down to the Mythic version text-I don't know why. Funny how the reroll I "thought I got" was the same. I thought that i was learning something new about the spell itself. Silly me...carry on...nothing to see here! *DERP!

Scarab Sages

AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 17 (+4 armor, +1 Dex, +2 shield, +1 size) hp 12 (1d10+2) Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +1; +2 vs. fear

LOL


The cut that Umbrato gave the blue-garbed tough begins to leak blood. Sira delivers a solid punch to the man's side and Nadric finishes him off, plunging his rapier between his ribs. A dark dollop of blood oozes to the ground. Going to assume Umbrato and Ankird will redirect to Yellow next. Umbrato moves to the next opponent and hits with his scrollblade, creating a similar cut as the other. Ankird punctures the yellow-garbed tough's side. The yellow-garbed tough looks very afraid of the opponents collected before him. The green tough begins raising the potion vial to his lips.

Blue stabilize: 1d20 + 1 - 6 ⇒ (8) + 1 - 6 = 3

Bold may act.
Active party buffs: bless
Round 2 / 3

Umbrato
Ankird
Dart
Malusha
===========================
Toughs (Blue (-19, unconscious, dying), Green (-13, staggered, shaken) , Yellow (-10)
Kura (-18, stabilized)
===========================
Sira
Nadric (-10 NL)

Scarab Sages

Male Human Cleric (Sarenrae) /5 | HP: 38/50 | AC: 20 T: 14 FF: 17 | CMB: +3 CMD: 17 | Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +10 | Init: +7 Perc: +10

Malusha moves towards the center of the alley and reloads his crossbow. He aims at the last standing thug and fires a shot.

crossbow@yellow,into melee,bless: 1d20 + 6 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 4 + 1 = 23
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6
crit confirm@yellow,into melee,bless: 1d20 + 6 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 4 + 1 = 23
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

I'll take the two natural 20s!

Scarab Sages

AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 17 (+4 armor, +1 Dex, +2 shield, +1 size) hp 12 (1d10+2) Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +1; +2 vs. fear

He not only hit, he crit, Phoebee's voice travels from the ethers :)


Malusha's bolt, guided seemingly by the Dawnflower herself, lodges itself deep into the last tough's eye socket. The man stares at the shaft of wood sticking out of his head for a sickening moment, then succumbs to the shock and passes out.

Stabilize: 1d20 + 1 - 11 ⇒ (5) + 1 - 11 = -5

Yellow is 1 hp from death.

Out of Combat!

The green-garbed tough manages to finally drink his potion and his wounds begin to magically knit. Potion of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 He then proceeds to run away, taking care to maneuver around the caltrops that he himself set down, grunting at the effort.

Green will continue to run. If anyone that has a movement speed greater than 30 ft. would like to run him down, make it known and roll your attack and damage.

Once the coast is clear and the alley is quiet again, a small halfling woman runs up to you. "Whoa, that was intense. Name's Naleth Hundredfingers. The scarred man send you?"

Scarab Sages

M Grippli Monk1 / Speaker for the Past 4 | AC29 T23 F26 | HP 58/58 | CMD:23 | F:+5 R:+9 W:+9 | Init:+7 | Perception: +13, Darkvision 60
Session Resources:
8/9 mythic points, all 2nd level spells

Dart rushes to yellow kneels down and ties the thugs clothing tight to his body applying pressure to the wound and steming the bleeding.

Heal: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Scarab Sages

AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 17 (+4 armor, +1 Dex, +2 shield, +1 size) hp 12 (1d10+2) Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +1; +2 vs. fear

Centimere I think is the only one fast enough to do that. Do you want me to?

Scarab Sages

Male Sylph Brawler 1/Alchemist 1 (Chirurgeon/Wasteland Blightbreaker) | HP:16/16 | AC: 15 T: 12 FF: 13 | CMB:+ 2 CMD: 15 | F: +4 R: +7 W: +1 | Resistance: electricity:5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 SM: +1 | Speed 30 '(15)| Bomb 3/7, Featherfall 1/1, | Formula: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: NONE

can we move and do a ranged attack? Or double move after him?


You can do either. You'll need line of sight to hit him with a ranged attack.

Scarab Sages

AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 17 (+4 armor, +1 Dex, +2 shield, +1 size) hp 12 (1d10+2) Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +1; +2 vs. fear

The halfling will double move Centimere to cut off the baddy's escape.

Scarab Sages

Male Sylph Brawler 1/Alchemist 1 (Chirurgeon/Wasteland Blightbreaker) | HP:16/16 | AC: 15 T: 12 FF: 13 | CMB:+ 2 CMD: 15 | F: +4 R: +7 W: +1 | Resistance: electricity:5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 SM: +1 | Speed 30 '(15)| Bomb 3/7, Featherfall 1/1, | Formula: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: NONE

"There's no way I will have the Red Mantis hearing back of this. It ends here!"

Sira moves DOUBLE in pursuit of the thug.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bard 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF | CMD 15 | F+1 R+6 W+3 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | Archaeologist's Luck: 6/6 Spells 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: haste, bless

Nadric lets the rapier droop in his left hand and takes a deep breath. With an inscrutable expression he looks down at the thug who had just attacked him while Dart makes an effort to keep the man alive, and then his eyes flick over to the woman lying unconscious a short ways away. Good thing I didn't give her any of my money, he huffs internally. But maybe I should have gone a little easier. It doesn't seems like they were seriously trying to kill me. Well, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

He turns to the halfling woman and bows slightly. "Naleth is it? We were in fact looking for you, but apparently were intercepted by some others. I don't suppose you know why these people attacked us? They seemed to be after your gang..." His voice drifts upwards as it trails off, and he looks expectantly at Naleth.


"Yeah! Naleth says. "You can either escort me to the scarred man, or can give him the message yourself." She looks around. "You probably already figured it out, but the message is that the Red Mantis are looking for a scarred man in Eto. She must've figured us out and hired those goons to root us out."

Between Ankird, Centimere, and Sira, I have no doubt you'd be able to incapacitate the last tough. You can then bring Naleth to Torch, or give him the message yourself. After that, which task next?

Scarab Sages

M Grippli Monk1 / Speaker for the Past 4 | AC29 T23 F26 | HP 58/58 | CMD:23 | F:+5 R:+9 W:+9 | Init:+7 | Perception: +13, Darkvision 60
Session Resources:
8/9 mythic points, all 2nd level spells

Trying not to take joy in the fact that other people hate torch, Dart suppresses a smile. "We can take the message. You may want to find a safe place for yourself. Maybe point a guard in this direction if you have a chance."

Dart's eyes fall over the group. "Well, my pick did not go particularly well, so I will follow the group this time."

Scarab Sages

Male Sylph Brawler 1/Alchemist 1 (Chirurgeon/Wasteland Blightbreaker) | HP:16/16 | AC: 15 T: 12 FF: 13 | CMB:+ 2 CMD: 15 | F: +4 R: +7 W: +1 | Resistance: electricity:5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 SM: +1 | Speed 30 '(15)| Bomb 3/7, Featherfall 1/1, | Formula: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: NONE

Sira returns and retrieves his starknife,

"Yes Naleth, you may point a guard in this direction, or you may take this rabble into your own hands. Most likely, with their connections, they'll be out of any confinement within a week. If we're lucky they may magically forget who we are and not pursue out of personal vendetta. When you decide what to do with them, consider the mercy they would have shown you, and what "mercy" will be coming your way if they get loose again."

Scarab Sages

Male Human Cleric (Sarenrae) /5 | HP: 38/50 | AC: 20 T: 14 FF: 17 | CMB: +3 CMD: 17 | Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +10 | Init: +7 Perc: +10

"To be fair, Dart, this wasn't your fault. I have a hunch that no matter when we came here, we would have run into these thugs." Malusha surveys around him and decides that things are pretty much in hand. "Let's take the message back to the grandmaster ourselves. Then I suggest we take care of his errand with the book."

He starts to gather his bag that he had dropped during combat then adds, "By the way, are any of you injured? I can apply some healing."

Scarab Sages

CN Wayang Scrollmaster 1/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 16 (16 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +0; +2; +2 vs Shado Subschool, Evasion | Init: +7 +4 | Perc: +5 (+6 vs Traps), SM: -2 | Speed 20ft | 1/1 Dissolution’s Child; 1/1 Light and Dark; 6/6 Lightning Flash; At Will: Feather Fall (self) | Spells 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Glancing towards the fallen thugs, Umbrato points towards them. "I believe they are, but I am quite healthy."

Grinning at his own comment, he adds "Is there perhaps an item we could check off the list on our way back? The quicker I can rid myself of that man, the better I'll feel."

Scarab Sages

Male Sylph Brawler 1/Alchemist 1 (Chirurgeon/Wasteland Blightbreaker) | HP:16/16 | AC: 15 T: 12 FF: 13 | CMB:+ 2 CMD: 15 | F: +4 R: +7 W: +1 | Resistance: electricity:5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 SM: +1 | Speed 30 '(15)| Bomb 3/7, Featherfall 1/1, | Formula: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: NONE

"Don't get me wrong, I am not assessing blame here. She had me fooled as much as any of us, possibly the most. And, though I do respect the methods and the code behind them, I question the practicality of leaving individuals such as these alive in the present circumstances."

Scarab Sages

M Grippli Monk1 / Speaker for the Past 4 | AC29 T23 F26 | HP 58/58 | CMD:23 | F:+5 R:+9 W:+9 | Init:+7 | Perception: +13, Darkvision 60
Session Resources:
8/9 mythic points, all 2nd level spells

"I doubt that they sent everyone that knows us, our names, or our bosses name. They will come again if they want to. These men do not change that. We can bring them to a guard and slow them if we like, but it's not going to remove our names from any list, should it have been added.

However, if we are just collateral and not true targets, killing assets may get us placed on a scroll or in a book somewhere, which will cause our names to be whispered in circles we would rather not have them."

"Let go deal with the book. Standing around is making me nervous"

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bard 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF | CMD 15 | F+1 R+6 W+3 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | Archaeologist's Luck: 6/6 Spells 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: haste, bless

Nadric tenderly feels the bump on the back of his head. "I've got a pretty nasty bruise forming here, but nothing apart from that."

I'd rather not wait ten hours for the 10 nonlethal damage to wear off, but I can use one of my own charges of CLW to heal it.

At the discussion of what to do with the thugs, Nadric shrugs. "I suppose this is what Torch would refer to as a 'loose end', but I don't much care what we do with the miscreants. Would he care whether we left a potential assassin alive, that's the real question. The brutes probably don't matter, but I'm not so sure about her." He jerks his head at the woman lying unconscious on the ground.

"I do agree that we can take the message ourselves. The sooner the better, perhaps, as long as we make sure we are not followed."

I'm fine with going for the book next

Scarab Sages

Male Human Cleric (Sarenrae) /5 | HP: 38/50 | AC: 20 T: 14 FF: 17 | CMB: +3 CMD: 17 | Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +10 | Init: +7 Perc: +10

Malusha reaches over the Nadric and touches him on the arm. He offers a silent prayer to Sarenrae and healing energy flows into Nadric.

Spontaneous casting, CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 Swapped out Endure Elements

Scarab Sages

AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 17 (+4 armor, +1 Dex, +2 shield, +1 size) hp 12 (1d10+2) Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +1; +2 vs. fear

Centimere and I are fine! he says as he pets his mount.


The book it is.

You make your way out of Beggars’ Alley and deliver the message to Torch. He grins and thanks you for the information, and holds up two ragged fingers. "Two left Pathfinders. Two left."

You then make your way through the streets of Eto to the bazaar. Here, more than a dozen camels are tethered outside a large pavilion tent while a score of porters pack supplies for what looks to be a grand archeological expedition. Crates of tools, coils of rope, and sacks of dried food lie in piles waiting to divided up among the beasts of burden. Within the sumptuously appointed pavilion, stacks of scrolls and hand-drawn maps lie strewn across a canopied bed. A tall, dark haired northerner with a thick eastern accent and persistent scowl supervises the storm of activity while checking over an inventory scrawled in a well-worn ledger. “Where are those amphorae of water? This expedition won’t last a week in the Pillars of the Sun without water!”

GM Screen:

Ionacu Lozar
LG male human expert 7
Starting attitude: Unfriendly
Cha: -1, Perc: +8, SM: +5, Will: +6

The man in the center of it all, who you assume to be Ionacu Lozar, stands hot and annoyed at the progress of getting ready for an expedition. How do you go about sneaking the book into his possessions?

Scarab Sages

CN Wayang Scrollmaster 1/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 16 (16 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +0; +2; +2 vs Shado Subschool, Evasion | Init: +7 +4 | Perc: +5 (+6 vs Traps), SM: -2 | Speed 20ft | 1/1 Dissolution’s Child; 1/1 Light and Dark; 6/6 Lightning Flash; At Will: Feather Fall (self) | Spells 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

How far from him is his pack? And is the book under 10lbs? Is the an area around the man free of people?

Still holding the scroll from before, Umbrato eyes the scene. Turning to his companions, he inquires "Any of you have the ability to levitate items at a distance?"


His pack lay next to him. There are porters hustling about all around but many are distracted. You will need a stealth or disguise check to go unnoticed. The book is under 10 lbs, yes.

Scarab Sages

M Grippli Monk1 / Speaker for the Past 4 | AC29 T23 F26 | HP 58/58 | CMD:23 | F:+5 R:+9 W:+9 | Init:+7 | Perception: +13, Darkvision 60
Session Resources:
8/9 mythic points, all 2nd level spells

Dart says while walking, "If anyone else need healing my wsand is available."

"As for levitation, that is within my power, but I will have to take a bit of time to pray. What did you have in mind Umnrato?"

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bard 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF | CMD 15 | F+1 R+6 W+3 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | Archaeologist's Luck: 6/6 Spells 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: haste, bless

Thanks for the healing, Malusha!

Nadric turns away from the tent so his back is toward the bustling activity over there, and speaks with a low voice, "I can magically move objects, but only up to 30 feet, and only if it's not magical or any heavier than 5 pounds. Is your levitation ability any stronger, Dart?" He attempts to cast mage hand on the book to see if it will work.

"I'm not confident that I wouldn't be caught at it, though. Maybe we could cause some kind of distraction."

Scarab Sages

M Grippli Monk1 / Speaker for the Past 4 | AC29 T23 F26 | HP 58/58 | CMD:23 | F:+5 R:+9 W:+9 | Init:+7 | Perception: +13, Darkvision 60
Session Resources:
8/9 mythic points, all 2nd level spells

"My levitation can lift hundreds of pounds last I casted it. The limitation is it is up or down only and I to need to be within 35ft. I don't know how useful it will be.

Scarab Sages

Male Sylph Brawler 1/Alchemist 1 (Chirurgeon/Wasteland Blightbreaker) | HP:16/16 | AC: 15 T: 12 FF: 13 | CMB:+ 2 CMD: 15 | F: +4 R: +7 W: +1 | Resistance: electricity:5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 SM: +1 | Speed 30 '(15)| Bomb 3/7, Featherfall 1/1, | Formula: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: NONE

"Does anyone know anything about these Pillars of the Sun of which he speaks?"


The mountains known as the Pillars of the Sun are geographically isolated, surrounded by low-lying deserts and attended by only a few small rocky spires jutting from the desert. The lay just north of Eto.

DC 15 Knowledge (local) to know more:

They are even more isolated from civilization, as they are populated only by monsters, dangerous beasts, and whatever undead creatures protect the various tombs and ruins built into their granite cliffs and valleys. The Pillars have not been mapped since ancient times, and even those maps seem strangely inaccurate. Legend holds that the lost pyramid of An-Hepsu XI is hidden within the Pillars, though few seek it out, for horrors are said to be sequestered within.

Scarab Sages

CN Wayang Scrollmaster 1/Unchained Rogue 2 | HP: 30/30 | AC: 16 (16 Tch, 10 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 14 | F: +3, R: +7, W: +0; +2; +2 vs Shado Subschool, Evasion | Init: +7 +4 | Perc: +5 (+6 vs Traps), SM: -2 | Speed 20ft | 1/1 Dissolution’s Child; 1/1 Light and Dark; 6/6 Lightning Flash; At Will: Feather Fall (self) | Spells 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

"Well...see this parchment I used to cut our our foe? If I read it, I can cause myself and any companion within a few feet to disappear for a time." muses the small man.

"My thought was, a couple of us huddle together and walk over there." he replies, pointing near their target. "Then, perhaps, you could float the book towards his supplies. If we time this right, it should pop into existence just as it arrives in his supplies."

Turning towards Sira, he smiles. "Well, sure. Its an area that hasn't been properly mapped in years. The whole region is just packed full with undead and dastardly beasts protecting ancient tombs."

K Local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

It's a scroll of Invisibility Sphere

Scarab Sages

Male Sylph Brawler 1/Alchemist 1 (Chirurgeon/Wasteland Blightbreaker) | HP:16/16 | AC: 15 T: 12 FF: 13 | CMB:+ 2 CMD: 15 | F: +4 R: +7 W: +1 | Resistance: electricity:5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 SM: +1 | Speed 30 '(15)| Bomb 3/7, Featherfall 1/1, | Formula: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: NONE

KNO LOCA: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

"The place he appears to be going to sounds fun..."

He turns to Nadric,

"Speaking of distractions, my musical friend, maybe you are the best to provide one!"

Scarab Sages

Male Human Cleric (Sarenrae) /5 | HP: 38/50 | AC: 20 T: 14 FF: 17 | CMB: +3 CMD: 17 | Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +10 | Init: +7 Perc: +10

"I think a distraction would help. I have an idea. He looks pretty hot standing in the sun. I've got a wand here." Malusha digs around in his bag and pulls out a gnarled looking stick. "I can use this to cast a spell to insulate him from the heat for a full day. If I offer to use it on him, for free, I might be able to chat with him for a bit to keep him distracted."

Malusha raises a questioning eyebrow. "Should we try it? Maybe Nadric and go with me and he can provide some music?"

Scarab Sages

Male Human Bard 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 17 Tch 13 FF | CMD 15 | F+1 R+6 W+3 | Init +5 | Perc +6 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | Archaeologist's Luck: 6/6 Spells 1st: 3/3 | Active conditions: haste, bless

Nadric's eyes brighten a little at the proposition. "Certainly! I am a professional musician, after all. Even if certain communities don't seem to recognize my talent." He thinks mournfully of the last city, where he barely received a few coins for his hard work. He pulls the flute out of his bag and twirls it once with his left hand. "I won't be able to float a book around and play at the same time, though. I like the sound of the heat trick too. I would certainly take an offer like that, in a country this hot. But you should probably have a reason prepared, lest it sound suspicious."

Scarab Sages

Male Sylph Brawler 1/Alchemist 1 (Chirurgeon/Wasteland Blightbreaker) | HP:16/16 | AC: 15 T: 12 FF: 13 | CMB:+ 2 CMD: 15 | F: +4 R: +7 W: +1 | Resistance: electricity:5 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5 SM: +1 | Speed 30 '(15)| Bomb 3/7, Featherfall 1/1, | Formula: 1st 2/2 | Active Conditions: NONE

"Lemme come with you guys. I will let you do the talking, but I would like to hear some details about his expedition!"

Scarab Sages

M Grippli Monk1 / Speaker for the Past 4 | AC29 T23 F26 | HP 58/58 | CMD:23 | F:+5 R:+9 W:+9 | Init:+7 | Perception: +13, Darkvision 60
Session Resources:
8/9 mythic points, all 2nd level spells

"This job is a little outside my wheel house. I think I will stay back. If one of you could keep a coin purse visible I can run in and snatched it to cause a much bigger distraction on the off chance our targets attention in not fully focused."

"If you need to hit me to make it look real feel free."

"If we have it I would like to take a bit of time to prep a spell to I can make a believable get away."

15min to prep cheetah's sprint


When you're ready to enact your plan, give me what you are doing and the rolls corresponding to the action. Slipping the book into his pack within his tent, whether by magic or otherwise, requires a Sleight of Hand check.

Scarab Sages

AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 17 (+4 armor, +1 Dex, +2 shield, +1 size) hp 12 (1d10+2) Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +1; +2 vs. fear

Centimere and I could also help to create a distraction the halfling adds.

151 to 200 of 805 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DystopianGM's Destiny of the Sands Trilogy Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.