Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Dungeon of Graves

Game Master detritus


1 to 50 of 665 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

"The tunnel opens into a huge cavern with dozens of rat-tunnel entrances along the walls and ceiling. The roof of the cave is too high to see clearly, and bats swarm about in your torchlight. The way is rocky, and you hear rushing water in front of you, somewhere off in the distance. In luminous green letters above the tunnel exit glows an inscription: Beware of Purple Worms!-Speigle the ArchMage."

1d20 ⇒ 7
roll perception checks


Female Human Cleric / 9

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


M Halfling Warlock 9

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23


Male Dwarf Barbarian / 9

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


1d20 + 21 ⇒ (7) + 21 = 28


Pick your starting position on the map
Map

Jon, Flimflam, Savannah:
You hear footsteps and some mumbling, and it seems to be headings your way

Roll initiative


1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 init


Male Dwarf Barbarian / 9

J9 (ON THE MAP)
120 + 3 = 123
120 + 3 = 123
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 I8


Male Dwarf Barbarian / 9

OK, so now that i have looked, my perception and init would both be higher. what do you want me to do ? Just go lilke it is ?


Yeah just leave it, it does not matter much for the first fight


M Halfling Warlock 9

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 H7


Female Human Cleric / 9

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9G6


Three black robes figures round the corner and stop, on each of their robes is the symbol of Orcus. They seem a little startled.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 init
Map
Flimflam 22
Jon 18
Axelrod 17
Clerics 11
Porom 10
Savannah 9


M Halfling Warlock 9

Flimflam moves up to engage the befuddled clerics. Move to G11 and eldritch chain C1.
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32Touch attack
6d6 + 12 ⇒ (6, 4, 2, 2, 2, 3) + 12 = 31 if hits chains to C3
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15crit confirm

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29touch attack
6d6 + 12 ⇒ (4, 2, 6, 1, 3, 4) + 12 = 32


The eldritch blast catches them both off guard and hurls them back, both twitch alittle on the ground them stop moving. The last cleric is shocked and looks like he wants to run away.

Jon 18
Axelrod 17
Cleric 11
Porom 10
Savannah 9
Flimflam 22


Move to H8 (or within 30 ft)If within 30 feet with Rapid Shot and Manyshot: +17/+17/+17/+12 1d8+3

vs ac on C2
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 191st
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 192nd
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 183rd
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 274th

damage if hits
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 111st
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 72nd
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 93rd
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 54th

Mutters something about rusty bow.


Rapid shot and manyshot have to be part of a full round action, which means you cannot move more than a 5 ft step, I move you to J9 so you can still do your full attack, but it would be at -1 to hit, and -1 damage for each. Each attack still hits, 28 damage.
1d20 ⇒ 17

The final cleric slumps to the ground after he is bombarded by arrows.


M Halfling Warlock 9

Making sure I am wary of traps as I go, going to search the bodies.

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26percp


Flimflam eagerly searches the corpses and finds the very definition of mundane equipment.

3 heavy mace, 3 chainmail, 3 small steel shield, 9 vials unholy water, 3 holy symbol of orcus, 3 black robes with Orcus symbol, 12d10 ⇒ (5, 2, 3, 1, 3, 10, 3, 3, 7, 9, 2, 2) = 50 gp


M Halfling Warlock 9

Flimflam puts the items in his bag of holding "Hmm disguises anyone?


M Halfling Warlock 9

FlimFlam slips the robe over himself cutting off the edges so it fits better... "I'm going to wear this awhile, I bet it has to smell really lived in before the disguise really works... After all they do worship a Pig god..."


Male Dwarf Barbarian / 9

"Filthy, stinkin pig god . . . Reminds me of the time those tunnel-rat Orcs tried to make off with a keg o'me best brew . . "


Male Dwarf Barbarian / 9

And this one time, at Barbarian Camp . . .


Carefully the group peeks into the large cavern ahead.

This cavern is huge and filled with all kinds of fungi. Rats scamper along the walls. Several large heaps of dung left by an enormous creature dot the floor of the cavern. You can hear the sound of an underground river, winding its way through the cavern before flowing deeper into the earth.

So what are you plans?


Male Dwarf Barbarian / 9

Look around the cave a bit more carefully. . . . .

perception
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21


Anything in particular you are looking at, the dung heaps, the sides of the walls, the river?


M Halfling Warlock 9

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29 I will peer at the dung heaps


Flimflam believes these are probably the leavings of a purple worm, and you see that variuos indigestible items are in the mound. A gem glitters at you in your torch light.

Axelord notices a large mount towards the middle of the room and more piles of dung to the south.


Male Dwarf Barbarian / 9

i am thinking that the large mount is alive, and i will do another perception check

"I be thinken that dat der mound is a creepy-crawley. . . "
percep
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26


M Halfling Warlock 9

Flimflam takes the gem and shares his findings with the group


Flimflam pulls out a filthy peridot the size of a small coin out of the pile.

Axelrod takes a long look at the large mount and decides it is definitely made of rock, and mud just like the rest of the cave.


I will take a look at the walls.

1d20 + 21 ⇒ (15) + 21 = 36 Perception


Male Dwarf Barbarian / 9

"Methinks that I needs to whet me blade on the innards of said Purple Wurm. What say the rest o' ye ?"


Jon notices holes of various sizes and what appears to be a tunnel leading to the southeast. Down one of the larger holes he hears a faint rumbeling and it seems to be getting closer.


Prepare yourselves men! I hear something approaching from this large hole over here!


Male Dwarf Barbarian / 9

"OOh OOh Oi !!! Doo-Dad !!"


Is there something in the room that I can put in front of the hole in an effort to damage what I think may be a purple worm headed our way?
1d20 + 21 ⇒ (17) + 21 = 38perception


Jon looks around looking for something to try and block the hole, aside from large amounts of dung and mushrooms you do not see anything that could stuffed into the hole.

Map
roll initiative and place yourself
Jon you will be near the hole on the bottom left corner, within 5 squares


C19
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 initiative


M Halfling Warlock 9

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 D15


Female Human Cleric / 9

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 F14


Male Dwarf Barbarian / 9

H22
INIT
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


A giant worm errupts out of the hole and even though it is dark and dirty you can see a definte purple tint to its hide.

Map

1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8
Jon 26
Flimflam 15
Axelrod 12
Worm 8
Savannah 6


Male Dwarf Barbarian / 9

Whoo hoo !! A teeney-tiny wurm !! Lets kill tha bludger, and I can use it as bait for cave-fish !!


Penetrate this room no longer, Devil Wurm!

Rapid Shot and Manyshot: +17/+17/+17/+12 1d8+3

vs ac on W
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19 1st
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35 2nd
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18 3rd
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19 4th

damage if hits
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 1st
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 2nd
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 3rd
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 4th


Map

Porom 22
Flimflam 15
Axelrod 12
Worm 8
Savannah 6
Jon 26

Several of the arrows penetrate the hide of the beast.


M Halfling Warlock 9

Move to d18 and unleash a hellfire blast at the Worm

"I hope you like to burn...

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21vs touch
6d6 + 12 ⇒ (4, 6, 6, 5, 1, 1) + 12 = 35 if hits DC 20 ref or catches on fire(2d6 fire dmg for 2 rounds)


M Halfling Warlock 9

sorry i skipped porom can resolve mine after


No worries, this is fine, 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

The giant worm bursts into flames as the searing touch from the halfling engulfes it.

1 to 50 of 665 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeon of Graves All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.