Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Dungeon Master S's "The Segang Expedition" [STANDARD] (Subtier 1-2) (Inactive)

Game Master Chris Marsh

TACTICAL MAP | Handout

Initiative Quickpost:


1 to 50 of 283 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Koor (STANDARD) | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Hall of Drunken Heroes | Koor (CORE) | Crimson Throne |

Post here, and we'll start once everyone has checked in.

The Exchange

Female Human (Varisian) Nature Oracle 1/Fey-Serpentine Sorcerer 1 (HP 15/15, AC 22/ff18/t14, F+2 R+1 W+3, CMB+0 CMD 14, Per +1, Init +1, spells 4/4, tstrike 4/4, fangs 7/7)

A Varisian woman carefully looks around, with a vacant, bewildered look on her face. Despite her apparent confusion, she is dressed for adventure, with extra armor, weapons, and gear.


Koor (STANDARD) | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Hall of Drunken Heroes | Koor (CORE) | Crimson Throne |

“Ah, Falroun, these are the agents Venture-Captain Castamir was telling you about,” Ambrus Valsin says. “Pathfinders, welcome! May I introduce Count Falroun Matsanda of Alkenstar.” He gestures across his desk to a tall Garundi man with short black hair and gold-rimmed spectacles.

Valsin’s guest stands and offers his hand in greeting as he speaks. “It is a true pleasure to meet you. I have purchased several antiquities from your Society in the past, and I have always wondered about the people who acquire such treasures. I must say, you do not disappoint!”

Valsin smiles at the compliment before continuing, “Agents, your next mission will take you to the island of Jalmeray. We’ve received reports that the ruins of a previously unknown temple have been found in a part of the Segang Jungle known as the Urapangi Lowlands. From its location, I think this temple could be one of those abandoned by the legendary Maharaja Khiben- Sald when he left Jalmeray over four thousand years ago. A temple untouched since Khiben-Sald’s time would be a major find for the Society. Of course, getting to Jalmeray on such short notice poses some difficulties.”

“I believe that’s where I come in,” the count interjects. “I’m arranging a hunting expedition to Jalmeray for myself and my new father-in-law, Baron Bomande Rudyahm. Bomande was quite the sportsman in his day. However, some years ago he was wounded during a tiger hunt in the Segang Jungle. He’s been grumbling about getting revenge on the beast for so long that I thought taking him on a trip back to Segang might earn me some credit with the old man.”

Ambrus Valsin continues: “Falroun has graciously offered to provide transport to and from Jalmeray and to outfit us with everything we need for our journey into the jungle. In exchange, you’re going to help his father-in-law, the baron, with this tiger hunt and make sure he gets the better of the beast this time around, as it were. You’ll have time to discuss the details of the hunt during your voyage to Jalmeray.”

“A voyage for which I must make some final arrangements,” adds Falroun, “I’m afraid I must depart. Once again, it is a pleasure to meet you. I look forward to our journey together.” With a nod, he exits the room. As the count’s footsteps recede down the hall, Ambrus Valsin’s smile fades from his face. “Ordinarily, the Society would cover the costs of an expedition like this. However, our resources are stretched thin at the moment thanks to our campaigns in Varisia and the Worldwound. Until such time as those ventures pay off, we’re going to have to rely on people like Count Matsanda to cover some of our operating expenses. I’m trusting you with the Society’s reputation on this mission. Fulfill our end of this bargain by helping the baron bag his tiger, and try to make nice with at least one of these nobles. Now, unless you have any questions about this temple, go get your affairs in order. Your ship sails in the morning.”

Scarab Sages

male dwarf investigator 2 (empiricist) | HP 19/19, inspiration 4/4 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 (+4 vs. giants) | F +2, R +5, W +5 (+2 vs. poisons, spells, SLAs) | CMB +3, CMD 15 (19 vs. bullrush, trip) | Spd 20' | Perc +8 (+9 to find traps) | Init +4 | Statuses:

The keen-eyed dwarf listens to the briefing with great interest. "It is always an honor to be the first to explore such an ancient facility. Is there anything more you can tell us about the temple, the maharaja, or the Urapangi Lowlands?"

knowledge (history) + free inspiration: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 8 + (4) = 18


Koor (STANDARD) | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Hall of Drunken Heroes | Koor (CORE) | Crimson Throne |

Barl himself knows very little, having only seen it on a map once. His lack of knowledge is less embarrassing, however, when Valsin answers, "We know next to nothing about The Urapangi Lowlands to be honest. The Society has had precious little experience in the area, and you lot represent some of our first intel on the area." The man pats down his moustache before adding, "So take a LOT of notes."

Scarab Sages

Male Human Monk 1 - HP 12/12,- AC 15/T: 15/FF:12 - Perception +6 - F: +3 / R: +4 / W: +2 - CMB: +5 (+7 grapple) - CMD: 20 (22 v. grapple), Speed: 30, Init. +2

"The man seeks revenge on a dumb beast? Dishonorable at the least, and possibly dangerous," opines Amun-Heth, a slender Osirian man with an aquiline nose and keen dark eyes. "I have little interest in assisting with that venture. Still, I will do as requested. I am most curious about this temple. Do we know to which deity it is dedicated?"


Koor (STANDARD) | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Hall of Drunken Heroes | Koor (CORE) | Crimson Throne |

"We don't know, but the smart gold is on it being a pantheistic temple. Did I mention that you should take notes? Also, draw pictures."

The Exchange

Female Human (Varisian) Nature Oracle 1/Fey-Serpentine Sorcerer 1 (HP 15/15, AC 22/ff18/t14, F+2 R+1 W+3, CMB+0 CMD 14, Per +1, Init +1, spells 4/4, tstrike 4/4, fangs 7/7)

"Notes, pictures, tigers!" the Varisian recites with a sing-song quality. Addressing empty spots in the air, she adds, "His father misses the tiger. Does the tiger miss the father?"

Musing further, she adds, "I suppose we shall need ink and paper. I'm sure it would be preferable than using the local tigers as writing tools."

Whispering to herself, she comments, "Too many stripes."

Scarab Sages

Male Human Monk 1 - HP 12/12,- AC 15/T: 15/FF:12 - Perception +6 - F: +3 / R: +4 / W: +2 - CMB: +5 (+7 grapple) - CMD: 20 (22 v. grapple), Speed: 30, Init. +2

Amun-Heth smiles at Traceni. He recognizes the half-mad wisdom of many Osiriani (and reputedly Varisian) oracles. "I will purchase some journals and writing supplies, that we may all be prepared to do as the Venture Captain says. I will do the same for anyone who wishes to trust me with some cash."

A journal and ink and pens will cost you 18 gp, 6 sp.

The Exchange

Female Human (Varisian) Nature Oracle 1/Fey-Serpentine Sorcerer 1 (HP 15/15, AC 22/ff18/t14, F+2 R+1 W+3, CMB+0 CMD 14, Per +1, Init +1, spells 4/4, tstrike 4/4, fangs 7/7)

Traceni reaches for her belt pouch, gingerly opens it, and slumps exasperatedly. She reaches into the pouch and pulls out a small frog. She sighs and comments, "Yes, frogs are nice and valuable, full of life and living on land and water. But the gold would work far better. This nice man wants to buy us journals. And ink."

The frog croaks, opens wide, and a stream of gold coins cascades out and tumbles and rolls on the floor. She hastily stuffs the frog back into her pouch and closes it. She sets about gathering the coins. "Here is my contribution to the journals," she offers to Amun-Heth. Although... you might want to hold onto my journal instead of giving it to me?" She waves at the air around her. "They're liable to fill it with flowers. Yes, lovely pressed flowers, but they won't look much like the temple."

You got the gold. And yeah, I have fun with the Haunted curse.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Monk 1 - HP 12/12,- AC 15/T: 15/FF:12 - Perception +6 - F: +3 / R: +4 / W: +2 - CMB: +5 (+7 grapple) - CMD: 20 (22 v. grapple), Speed: 30, Init. +2

It would be a pleasure, Honored One," says Amun-Heth with a deferential bow. "I shall keep it safe from frogs and flowers."

Scarab Sages

Stuff:
Potions: Endure Elements x3; vials: vermin repellant x1, antitoxin x0, antiplague x1
Male N Oread Bloodrager 1 - Init +0, Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +7, AC 18/ touch 10/ ff 18; hp 13/13, F+4, R+0, W+2, Speed 20 ft.

A short (4'8") yet very muscular creature strolls in. His skin is shiny and black like onyx stone, and his eyes are like two shining green emeralds. With each step, the floorboards creak in the manner they would do with a large Ulfen man, and you feel the vibrations through your feet as he advances, hinting at a very dense body. A greatsword is strapped on his back and his shining baldpate is circled with a silken blue sling, serving as a bandanna.

"Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin. I am Jeydahvu, of the Scorpion Coast. Our secluded village recently met with one of your Pathfinder teams. They acted honorably and helped us against our enemies. No longer shall we act alone in mortal world. We are now traveling, learning and sharing. I wish to become a Pathfinder and one day pass your Test of Confirmation. I wish to honor back your Society, and if I am lucky to be allowed to return to my village to rest my bones against the Deepstones when I get old, I will pass along what I have learned to our young ones." He kneels in front of the Venture-Captain, and it makes a sound like a large rock fell on the floor, "May I lend my sword to this mission, Lord Valsin?"

Scarab Sages

male dwarf investigator 2 (empiricist) | HP 19/19, inspiration 4/4 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 (+4 vs. giants) | F +2, R +5, W +5 (+2 vs. poisons, spells, SLAs) | CMB +3, CMD 15 (19 vs. bullrush, trip) | Spd 20' | Perc +8 (+9 to find traps) | Init +4 | Statuses:

Barl extracts the coinage and says, "I could use some of those writing materials myself. I have been meaning to acquire some anyway."

I'm going to purchase a chronicler's kit and a mapmaker's kit for a total of 50 gp. The mapmaker's kit grants +2 to survival to avoid getting lost.


Koor (STANDARD) | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Hall of Drunken Heroes | Koor (CORE) | Crimson Throne |

Valsin eyes the oread, "Get up man! You're a Pathfinder, and I work for a living!" With that done he eyes the onyx-skinned man, "I know the mission, and I'm glad to have you aboard. If we get a decent agent out of you, all the better!"

Listening to the chatter Ambrus adds, "Feel free to shop before you go, but the ship sales at dawn, literally. As in, don't be late."

Just waiting on Haska and Lady Alya De Qill. Then we'll get underway.

Scarab Sages

Stuff:
Potions: Endure Elements x3; vials: vermin repellant x1, antitoxin x0, antiplague x1
Male N Oread Bloodrager 1 - Init +0, Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +7, AC 18/ touch 10/ ff 18; hp 13/13, F+4, R+0, W+2, Speed 20 ft.

Jeydahvu looks stunned, as if kicked in the chest by a donkey. "I know not your ways. You are not village elder? yet, you seem to give orders and men respect you... do I need to pay my respect to your elders before being accepted in your tribe? who shall I make the sword oath to?" You notice the black onyx of his face becomes slightly more matte and unpolished, and you can swear you see the light of his emerald eyes go dim...

Jeydahvu addresses Barl, perhaps even a bit too eagerly and perhaps a bit too close, seemingly very comfortable beside the dwarf. "The Venture-Captain spoke of jungles... I have heard they are hot but wet... This is very strange. I have heard rivers often run through them. Our tribe kept to the cool caves, deep under the sands of the Scorpion Coast. Much like your tribe. How does mankind deal with the merciless sun above? do their jungle trees protect them from the heat? I do not wish to split like hot rock under the merciless Everlight!"

Grand Lodge

male Alchemist 1, Init +5(+7), Perc: +3(+2), |AC 17(20), T13(14), FF14(16)|hp 7/10, BAB0,CMB0, CMD13(14), Fort +3, Ref+5(+7), Will+1(0)| Elf Alchemist 1 (1XP), dex mutagen (+4 dex, -2 will, +2 natural armor, adjusted stat in ())

A Light skinned, blond haired Elf with a large backpack by his feet slowly rises to speak with Amun-Heth. "I could use 10 sheets of paper and 10 pieces of parchment. I have ink currently though." He passes Amun-Heth 6 gold pieces. "Thanks for your help. That is one less thing I must attend to."

Addressing the general group he continues, "Has anyone been to Jalmarey?" "What should we be prepared to face?" "Do we need any special environment gear?" "I was thinking of purchasing a chain shirt but will it be too hot to wear such armor?"

He looks down at his feet and then back up, "Sorry, I get a little carried away with questions sometimes, especially when meeting new people." "I am Haska O'Wydroe. I am almost a brand new pathfinder. I helped with a series of minor tasks needed to purchase a special weapon. I am originally from Daggermark, but now travel without roots. Oh, and I mix chemicals." He nudges his backpack and glass clinks and something sloshes.

Scarab Sages

male dwarf investigator 2 (empiricist) | HP 19/19, inspiration 4/4 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 (+4 vs. giants) | F +2, R +5, W +5 (+2 vs. poisons, spells, SLAs) | CMB +3, CMD 15 (19 vs. bullrush, trip) | Spd 20' | Perc +8 (+9 to find traps) | Init +4 | Statuses:

Barl looks at the poor oread with pity. "I'm only now getting used to being on the surface. I've spent a little time in jungles already and I didn't care for it. Especially when the tyrannosaur was chasing us."

Scarab Sages

male dwarf investigator 2 (empiricist) | HP 19/19, inspiration 4/4 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 (+4 vs. giants) | F +2, R +5, W +5 (+2 vs. poisons, spells, SLAs) | CMB +3, CMD 15 (19 vs. bullrush, trip) | Spd 20' | Perc +8 (+9 to find traps) | Init +4 | Statuses:

The dwarf perks up when the elf indicates an interest in alchemy. "I dabble a bit in the alchemical arts myself. Perhaps we can compare notes sometime?"

I don't really know how copying spells (formulae in this case) works in PFS. I assume we have to make the Spellcraft rolls and pay something? And we probably need to wait til the end of the scenario right?

Scarab Sages

Stuff:
Potions: Endure Elements x3; vials: vermin repellant x1, antitoxin x0, antiplague x1
Male N Oread Bloodrager 1 - Init +0, Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +7, AC 18/ touch 10/ ff 18; hp 13/13, F+4, R+0, W+2, Speed 20 ft.

Jeydahvu grumbles. "I do not think I will like jungles then. I will buy potions like those the Elder used to prepare for our trips in the sands... Amun-Heth! I, too, wish to give you gold in exchange for things!"

Jeydahvu buys two additional waterskins and three potions of endure elements.

Scarab Sages

Stuff:
Potions: Endure Elements x3; vials: vermin repellant x1, antitoxin x0, antiplague x1
Male N Oread Bloodrager 1 - Init +0, Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +7, AC 18/ touch 10/ ff 18; hp 13/13, F+4, R+0, W+2, Speed 20 ft.
Barl Kestad wrote:
I don't really know how copying spells (formulae in this case) works in PFS. I assume we have to make the Spellcraft rolls and pay something? And we probably need to wait til the end of the scenario right?

I don't think alchemists ever need to roll spellcraft or use read magic to decipher scrolls and spellbooks and other alchemists' formula books; they just pay the copying cost.

The Exchange

Female Human (Varisian) Nature Oracle 1/Fey-Serpentine Sorcerer 1 (HP 15/15, AC 22/ff18/t14, F+2 R+1 W+3, CMB+0 CMD 14, Per +1, Init +1, spells 4/4, tstrike 4/4, fangs 7/7)

Traceni brightens with Barl's comments. "I'm also just now getting used to being on the surface!" She cocks her head to listen to something, and a look of consternation appears on her face. "Oh, yes, excuse me, I was thinking of the wrong surface."

Grand Lodge

male Alchemist 1, Init +5(+7), Perc: +3(+2), |AC 17(20), T13(14), FF14(16)|hp 7/10, BAB0,CMB0, CMD13(14), Fort +3, Ref+5(+7), Will+1(0)| Elf Alchemist 1 (1XP), dex mutagen (+4 dex, -2 will, +2 natural armor, adjusted stat in ())

"I guess we can come to an arrangement. I don't know that we have time presently though. Maybe on the voyage."

"On second thought, Amun-Heth. I think I will come with you. I want some potions as well."

Haska will purchase a potion of cure light wounds and an antiplague vial.

Don't know how realistic it would be but Haska also wants a MWK Chain shirt and will sell his leather armor in the two or three business hours remaining in the day. Total purchases of 356 gp including the paper stuff, potions and armor. He will get 5 gp back for his used leather armor. I will update his stat line accordingly.


Koor (STANDARD) | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Hall of Drunken Heroes | Koor (CORE) | Crimson Throne |
Barl Kestad wrote:

The dwarf perks up when the elf indicates an interest in alchemy. "I dabble a bit in the alchemical arts myself. Perhaps we can compare notes sometime?"

I don't really know how copying spells (formulae in this case) works in PFS. I assume we have to make the Spellcraft rolls and pay something? And we probably need to wait til the end of the scenario right?

This was just clarified a bit yesterday actually. Check out THIS blog post. @Haska that's fine. Still haven't heard from Lady Alya De Qill. I'll give the alternate seat by noon today if not, and we'll be under way!

Scarab Sages

male dwarf investigator 2 (empiricist) | HP 19/19, inspiration 4/4 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 (+4 vs. giants) | F +2, R +5, W +5 (+2 vs. poisons, spells, SLAs) | CMB +3, CMD 15 (19 vs. bullrush, trip) | Spd 20' | Perc +8 (+9 to find traps) | Init +4 | Statuses:

Yes, excellent timing! The relevant section of the FAQ now says:

Quote:

Players are welcome to exchange spells with each other during an adventure. They must still follow all the normal rules as put forth in the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook and their class descriptions (for instance, an alchemist can scribe from a wizard, but not vice-versa) and they must not bog the session down.

Similarly, scrolls found during an adventure can be used to add spells to spellbooks and similar class features (such as a witch's familiar), using the normal rules for doing so. Scrolls used in this way during an adventure do not need to be purchased, but are still consumed as normal.

With either method, the GM should sign off on the spells gained (after witnessing successful skill checks) on affected players' Chronicle sheets. All other methods of gaining new spells (such as by gaining a level or purchasing access to an NPC's spellbook) function as described in the Core Rulebook and relevant class descriptions.

So basically it's fair game and I just have to pay the gold cost evidently since Spellcraft isn't required. So 10 gp each for 1st level. I'd like to learn Cure light wounds, endure elements, Expeditious retreat, Bombers eye from Haska if it's ok with him. We can say that happens on the ship or after the scenario or whatever you prefer DMS. It will cost me 40 gp total.


Koor (STANDARD) | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Hall of Drunken Heroes | Koor (CORE) | Crimson Throne |

I'm okay with this having taken place during the boat ride. No word, so calling in the alternate.

Grand Lodge

male Alchemist 1, Init +5(+7), Perc: +3(+2), |AC 17(20), T13(14), FF14(16)|hp 7/10, BAB0,CMB0, CMD13(14), Fort +3, Ref+5(+7), Will+1(0)| Elf Alchemist 1 (1XP), dex mutagen (+4 dex, -2 will, +2 natural armor, adjusted stat in ())

Haska wouldn't mind learning enlarge person, comprehend languages, heightened awareness, and identify from Barl as well. 10 gps for ink and paper???. Usually it is 12.5 gps for a 1st level scroll I believe. Okay i found the cost 10gp each for first level. My mistake.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Monk 1 - HP 12/12,- AC 15/T: 15/FF:12 - Perception +6 - F: +3 / R: +4 / W: +2 - CMB: +5 (+7 grapple) - CMD: 20 (22 v. grapple), Speed: 30, Init. +2

"I would be pleased to have you along for company, Haska." Amun-Heth goes and buys the things requested, picking up a journal, pen and ink for himself.

The Exchange

Female Half elf Cleric 2 Init +1 HP 13/13 AC 18 T11 FF17 Fort +3 Ref+1 Will+7 Perc +6 Channel 1d6 5/5 CLW Wand 50/50

A slender, blonde half elf climbs in a hurry aboard, just before the ship release the ropes.

Panting, she takes a few minutes to catch her breath.

I'm sorry, I've been warned too late... My name is Baied Eldourha, a Pathfinder and priest of Abadar, and I've been asked by the Venture-Captain to join your team. I didn't had much informations about our mission, unfortunatly. Where are we going?

Grand Lodge

male Alchemist 1, Init +5(+7), Perc: +3(+2), |AC 17(20), T13(14), FF14(16)|hp 7/10, BAB0,CMB0, CMD13(14), Fort +3, Ref+5(+7), Will+1(0)| Elf Alchemist 1 (1XP), dex mutagen (+4 dex, -2 will, +2 natural armor, adjusted stat in ())

"Into the jungles of Jalmeray for starters." "Did VC Valsin explain the task or our unusual financing arrangement?" A slender blond elf looks up from a book momentarily pausing from his writing in it. "I am Haska, one of your new traveling companions and I am a fairly new pathfinder. Welcome to our hunting and exploring expedition, Baied, Priest of Abadar." "Barl or Amun-Heth might be better for explaining the particulars."

The Exchange

Female Human (Varisian) Nature Oracle 1/Fey-Serpentine Sorcerer 1 (HP 15/15, AC 22/ff18/t14, F+2 R+1 W+3, CMB+0 CMD 14, Per +1, Init +1, spells 4/4, tstrike 4/4, fangs 7/7)

"Welcome aboard!" Traceni warmly greets Baied. "Our captain wants a tiger, and we want a temple. Isn't it fortuitous that they're often found together?"

The holy one listens to something untraceable for a moment. "We don't actually know if they're found together. The jungle is a great place to be lost, after all. Many things disappear into the jungle. Our benefactor's father lost a whole tiger. But we're going to help find it again."


Koor (STANDARD) | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Hall of Drunken Heroes | Koor (CORE) | Crimson Throne |

With the party complete, the count’s ship departs from Absalom on the morning after the briefing. Once aboard, you are introduced to Baron Bomande Rudyahm, a handsome, dark-skinned Garundi gentleman of advancing years, with a thick black mustache and graying hair at his temples. He walks with a prominent limp, and carries a finely crafted walking cane to help him amble about. The baron invites you to dinner the first night of the voyage.

The conversation is polite and the Baron is a gifted conversationalist. After the typical small talk and verbal dancing, he clears his throat, "We have quite the journey ahead. Surely you have questions for me. I apologize for being unable to answer them in your tremendous citadel of Skyreach."

Grand Lodge

male Alchemist 1, Init +5(+7), Perc: +3(+2), |AC 17(20), T13(14), FF14(16)|hp 7/10, BAB0,CMB0, CMD13(14), Fort +3, Ref+5(+7), Will+1(0)| Elf Alchemist 1 (1XP), dex mutagen (+4 dex, -2 will, +2 natural armor, adjusted stat in ())

"I think we are to help with a tiger hunt." "Could you tell us a little about the history between you and this tiger?" "Also, not familiar with the Jalmarey jungle, can you tell us what we can expect there?" Haska always busting with questions asks in a blink as if he had been waiting like a kid wanting to open a present. But he does manage to only asks two instead of ten.


Koor (STANDARD) | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Hall of Drunken Heroes | Koor (CORE) | Crimson Throne |

Baron Rudyahm’s face grows stern as he recalls bygone events. “There were four of us on that trip, plus a half dozen porters or so. It was our seventh day in the bush. We’d had a bad day hunting on the trail, so we split off to the west to follow a little stream deeper into the jungle. The tiger came for us that night, despite our campfires. He must have been young to be so bold. I never saw most of the carnage. All I could hear were screams, gunshots, and men begging for help in the darkness."

“With the gun smoke and the darkness, I could barely see the end of my musket. Something took a right nasty bite out of my leg, but I wheeled and unloaded my gun in its direction. I must have only clipped it, yet that was enough to startle the beast. The only glimpse I caught was its striped haunch and tail bleeding as it ran off into the darkness. I managed to limp my way out of the jungle on my one good leg, and that was the end of it. Ah, but we’re going to catch that stripey bastard this time, eh? We’ll give him what for this time around.”

"As for the jungle, it's not quite as menacing as the Mwangi expanse. It is hot, and densely packed enough that if you don't watch your step you could go tumbling down a ravine."

The Exchange

Female Half elf Cleric 2 Init +1 HP 13/13 AC 18 T11 FF17 Fort +3 Ref+1 Will+7 Perc +6 Channel 1d6 5/5 CLW Wand 50/50

Earlier, to Haska

I wasn't aware of any financial woes. It will be my task to reduce our costs and augment our profits. May Abadar give me wisdom. It might be difficult to find some civilization into a jungle, but we have to try. Pathfinders often find strange things in strange ways, as I say.

Now
I'm not really confortable in the wilderness, despite my elvish heritage. Do you have tricks to share with us to increase our survival potential, Baron? And if you don't think it is too daring a question, how will you recognise this particular tiger you seek in the jungle? I suppose there are many tigers, but I might be wrong.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Koor (STANDARD) | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Hall of Drunken Heroes | Koor (CORE) | Crimson Throne |

“Tigers are territorial. If we find our way back to its hunting grounds, there’s a good chance we’ll run across it before too long.”

The Baron gives a good-natured laugh at Baied's concern about the jungle, "Worry not. Our entourage will be safe from the Jungle's dangers. We hunt in style, with plenty of supplies."

I'll give a bit of time for others to chime in with RP/questions."

Scarab Sages

Male Human Monk 1 - HP 12/12,- AC 15/T: 15/FF:12 - Perception +6 - F: +3 / R: +4 / W: +2 - CMB: +5 (+7 grapple) - CMD: 20 (22 v. grapple), Speed: 30, Init. +2

"That is either the most extraordinary tiger in history," says Amun-Heth, returning from his shopping expedition, "Or something else. This being the Pathfinder Society, I vote for 'something else'."

Grand Lodge

male Alchemist 1, Init +5(+7), Perc: +3(+2), |AC 17(20), T13(14), FF14(16)|hp 7/10, BAB0,CMB0, CMD13(14), Fort +3, Ref+5(+7), Will+1(0)| Elf Alchemist 1 (1XP), dex mutagen (+4 dex, -2 will, +2 natural armor, adjusted stat in ())

Haska frowns, "There are two tasks for which we have been sent." "How close to the temple is this tiger's hunting area?" "Are we to bag the tiger and then travel to the temple or are they close enough we can do a little of both?"
Did we get any information from Valsin about the temple? Were we given any maps or such? Or is Count Matsanda also the reporter of the temple existence and our guide to the temple? The jungle is about 40 miles by 20 miles. That could take a long time to search.

Scarab Sages

male dwarf investigator 2 (empiricist) | HP 19/19, inspiration 4/4 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 (+4 vs. giants) | F +2, R +5, W +5 (+2 vs. poisons, spells, SLAs) | CMB +3, CMD 15 (19 vs. bullrush, trip) | Spd 20' | Perc +8 (+9 to find traps) | Init +4 | Statuses:

Barl is reluctant to pause the process of copying from Haska's formula book but he can't resist a dinner invitation either. While dining he asks, "When you say hunting with style, what do you mean? What will we do different from your previous attempt which ended in tragedy?"


Koor (STANDARD) | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Hall of Drunken Heroes | Koor (CORE) | Crimson Throne |

"We bring porters, wine, guards, an entire entourage!"

Hey guys, currently my work network is down and it doesn't look good to get up and running until later today. I'll post a reply to Haska, and the rest of the introduction as soon as I can. Worst case scenario, I post when I get home from work. Sorry about that!


Koor (STANDARD) | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Hall of Drunken Heroes | Koor (CORE) | Crimson Throne |

"I can answer some of that Haska." In walks the Baron's son-in-law Count Falroun Matsanda. "First, Barl, what's different is that you have me in the party!" (The Baron looks unimpressed at the boast.) "We will get all the information we can at the local hunting lodge, maps and whatnot. While I hire the entourage, you'll be welcomed to look around and get your questions answered." The baron continues to look unimpressed, and the count looks sad for it.

----------------------------

As the rest of your trip continues, you get the distinct impression that the Baron isn't impressed with his son-in-law, despite his title. When you arrive, the Count gets to work hiring an entourage. The lodge is well stocked, and there is a slew of activity.

Now you can buy stuff, and gather information to answer the questions you didn't get answered above. Feel free to roll, and I'll update and continue once I'm not doing this from my phone.

Scarab Sages

Stuff:
Potions: Endure Elements x3; vials: vermin repellant x1, antitoxin x0, antiplague x1
Male N Oread Bloodrager 1 - Init +0, Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., Perception +7, AC 18/ touch 10/ ff 18; hp 13/13, F+4, R+0, W+2, Speed 20 ft.

Jeydahvu tells Barl, "I have heard tigers are fearsome hunters. Have you seen one before? how an could one prepare to fight one?"

Grand Lodge

male Alchemist 1, Init +5(+7), Perc: +3(+2), |AC 17(20), T13(14), FF14(16)|hp 7/10, BAB0,CMB0, CMD13(14), Fort +3, Ref+5(+7), Will+1(0)| Elf Alchemist 1 (1XP), dex mutagen (+4 dex, -2 will, +2 natural armor, adjusted stat in ())

Haska discretely attempts to gather any information about discoveries in the jungle and tiger hunting. He will error on the side of not giving away any intent to search for a temple. But will attempt to gather temple related information as well possibly using his interest in alchemy to vial questions about the temple in research related to alchemical prowess of wizards surrounding the Maharaja Khiben-Sald time.

This will probably not go well.
diplomacy to gather jungle related information: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Can Haska use his knowledge of nature to help him to ask the right questions about outfitting for the jungle.
Knowledge nature for preparations for jungle environment: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Disease prevention and environmental and weather preparations are his other goal in questioning the locals. Is there any 'anti-verman' or bug repellent suggested by the locals?


Koor (STANDARD) | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Hall of Drunken Heroes | Koor (CORE) | Crimson Throne |

Haska:

Hunters at the lodge corroborate the baron’s story about his previous expedition and report that several other hunting parties have also gone missing in that part of the jungle. The Urapangi Lowlands are also known as “the monkey swamp,” and particularly devout Vudrani claim that the monkeys who reside there possess mystical powers.

The locals always travel with vermin repellent, as well as a light weapon in case some of the larger fauna tries to eat you. They also recommend antitoxin and antiplague... most of this is given with a "better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it" attitude.

Scarab Sages

male dwarf investigator 2 (empiricist) | HP 19/19, inspiration 4/4 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 (+4 vs. giants) | F +2, R +5, W +5 (+2 vs. poisons, spells, SLAs) | CMB +3, CMD 15 (19 vs. bullrush, trip) | Spd 20' | Perc +8 (+9 to find traps) | Init +4 | Statuses:

"No tigers yet," replies Barl to his protoge from the deep earth. "I would suggest you trust the stories you have heard about them. The jungle is their home and it can be very difficult to see through for folks like us. Be on your guard."

He joins Haska in ferreting out rumors of the jungle.

Diplomacy (gather info): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Koor (STANDARD) | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Hall of Drunken Heroes | Koor (CORE) | Crimson Throne |

Barl:

Hunters at the lodge corroborate the baron’s story about his previous expedition and report that several other hunting parties have also gone missing in that part of the jungle. The Urapangi Lowlands are also known as “the monkey swamp,” and particularly devout Vudrani claim that the monkeys who reside there possess mystical powers. Though Pathfinder Society agents have tried to keep the location of the Urapangi temple under wraps, rumor has it that several independent groups are currently planning their own expeditions to find the lost temple.

The Exchange

Female Human (Varisian) Nature Oracle 1/Fey-Serpentine Sorcerer 1 (HP 15/15, AC 22/ff18/t14, F+2 R+1 W+3, CMB+0 CMD 14, Per +1, Init +1, spells 4/4, tstrike 4/4, fangs 7/7)

Despite her regularly scatterbrained demeanor, Traceni does exhibit occasional bouts of lucidity. It is hard to tell whether she simply has fits of madness, the bizarre behavior is an act, or if something else is actually happening.

During one of her calmer episodes, she approaches the Baron. "I am sure I must seem odd to you, but I want you to know I understand your quest. I am an emissary of the Lost Prince by birth, and my patron holds sacred all things forgotten or lost. It is clear that the memory of your past encounter burns you daily. Sometimes, we are solely defined by the quest for lost things, lost opportunities, lost triumphs. Let us sit, rest, enjoy some tea and speak of these lost dreams, and how to find them again. The fey tell me I'm a very patient listener."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Scarab Sages

male dwarf investigator 2 (empiricist) | HP 19/19, inspiration 4/4 | AC 18, T 12, FF 16 (+4 vs. giants) | F +2, R +5, W +5 (+2 vs. poisons, spells, SLAs) | CMB +3, CMD 15 (19 vs. bullrush, trip) | Spd 20' | Perc +8 (+9 to find traps) | Init +4 | Statuses:

When the party regroups, Barl shares what he learned with the others. "It sounds like we may face dangers beyond the natural ones. We need to hurry to the temple as quickly as possible to beat the others. Hopefully this tiger hunt will be brief."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Koor (STANDARD) | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Hall of Drunken Heroes | Koor (CORE) | Crimson Throne |

The Baron eyes Traceni somewhat suspiciously, "There was a time where oddity such as yours would have warranted calling a cleric. While I can't pretend to know the landscape of your mind, but I can appreciate that it makes sense to you. We shall all take part in the experience, and Barl speaks truly, the sooner the better!"

The Exchange

Female Human (Varisian) Nature Oracle 1/Fey-Serpentine Sorcerer 1 (HP 15/15, AC 22/ff18/t14, F+2 R+1 W+3, CMB+0 CMD 14, Per +1, Init +1, spells 4/4, tstrike 4/4, fangs 7/7)

Traceni chuckles. "A cleric? Exorcism? No... Nothing of the grave or Outer Planes here, you'll find. A focus on the tiger you want, then a tiger you'll get. You have our blessing."

Traceni gathers her belongings, leaving the tea service she had set up behind (she had set that up, hadn't she?). With a warm smile, she adds, "Safe and swift hunt for you and us all!"

Heading out, she remarks to no one, "Did you hear that? A cleric? For all of you?"

One cannot be sure whether that sound that follows her was the rustling wind, or a diaphanous cacophony of small laughing voices.

Grand Lodge

male Alchemist 1, Init +5(+7), Perc: +3(+2), |AC 17(20), T13(14), FF14(16)|hp 7/10, BAB0,CMB0, CMD13(14), Fort +3, Ref+5(+7), Will+1(0)| Elf Alchemist 1 (1XP), dex mutagen (+4 dex, -2 will, +2 natural armor, adjusted stat in ())

Haska says "There goes one very strange person. Hopefully, strange in a good and powerfully useful way." Turning to the Baron,"I think someone might have been pulling my leg, but do you recall any strange behavior from the primates during your previous hunts? I heard rumors that monkeys are thought to have strange mystical powers. Anything to that?" He pauses expecting the Baron to laugh or possibly to answer. Then he heads off to buy vermin repellant. 2 doses at 5gp each, I'm like a kid in a candy store. I can't stop buying things.

1 to 50 of 283 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeon Master S's "The Segang Expedition" [STANDARD] (Subtier 1-2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.