Dungeon Master S's "Skull & Shackles"

Game Master Chris Marsh

TACTICAL MAP |STRATEGIC MAPS | The Shackles
HANDOUTS | MAP TEMPLATES
CAMPAIGN RECORDS | DRAMATIS PERSONAE | Ports of Call

Current Date: Calendar

Initiative:

[dice=Foes]d20[/dice]
[dice=Kiltem]d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+2[/dice]

Skill Quickpost:

Perception
[dice=Kiltem]d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+8[/dice]

Sense Motive:
[dice=Kiltem]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Ko]d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Arthur]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Lucky]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Slappy]d20+4[/dice]

Profession (Sailor)
Kiltem: [dice]d20+7[/dice]
Ko: [dice]d20+6[/dice]
Arthur: [dice]d20+5[/dice]
Lucky: [dice]d20+4[/dice]
Slappy: NA


651 to 700 of 1,323 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Male Human Druid 4, HP 45/45, AC18 (T12 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +10, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Round 2 Kiltem!

The druid manages to fend off the second undead trollop's attacks. Kiltem keeps his shield up and holds the line against blue. He pivots slightly and brings down a heavy club strike vs the black trollop. He tries to finish what he started last round.

melee attack 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 1 = 25
club 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6

Kiltem bares his teeth at the blow. A hit is a hit and he will have to take what he can get, but he sure wishes he had time to use a precious Shillelagh enchantment.


Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles | Dark Sun

Kiltem's swing crushes the erstwhile woman's skull. he drops.

Round 2:
Whores: ATK!
Art: Go
Ko: Go

Kiltem: Kill
Lucky: Go
Slappy: Go

DM:

Red: 2
Blue: 2


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 34 (26), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +8, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 18

Ko recoiled as the claws scratched across his torso

Roll:

fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 34 (26), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +8, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 18

He managed to stave off the creature’s paralyzing slash. She dropped under Kiltem’s assault and Ko plodded forward, inexorable, seeking an opening on the next foe.

Roll:

flank
cutlass,att: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 = 13
cutlass,dam: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Crit confirmation
cutlass,att: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 = 18
Crit additional damage
cutlass,dam: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male Human Druid 4, HP 45/45, AC18 (T12 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +10, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Dont forget extra +1 hit/damage from bard


M Human L4 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 39 / 39 Init +4; Panache: 2 / 3 CL 2 / 3 AC 17 FF 14 T 13; F1 R5 W1(+2 vs fear); CMB 16

Art steps again, and tries to hit the vile creature at the base of the tongue (in its throat, that is!!)

attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Use panache to dodge if attacked.


Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles | Dark Sun

While he fights off the worst of it, Ko's swing is a hair's breadth shy of making contact!

Round 2:
Whores: ATK!
Art: Go
Ko: Miss
Kiltem: Kill
Lucky: Go
Slappy: Go

DM:

Red: 2
Blue: 2


Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles | Dark Sun

Art's follow up attacks a clean line, and the stab is solid, though not enough to stop the creature.

Round 2:
Whores: ATK!
Art: Hit
Ko: Miss
Kiltem: Kill
Lucky: Go
Slappy: Go

DM:

Red: 6
Blue: 2


M
Attack!:
[dice=Short sword]1d20+4[/dice] for [dice]1d6+3[/dice] damage.
Level 4 Unchained Rogue
Crunch:
HP: 30/30 | Initiative:+11 | AC:14, T:14, FF: 10 || Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will +1 || Perception: +10 / +11 (hidden object & doors) / +12 (traps) | Stealth +13

Lucky reloads and fires again!

1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 3 + 1 = 18 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 damage


Male Human Druid 4, HP 45/45, AC18 (T12 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +10, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Posting for Joe/Slappy

Round 2 Slappy

The gnome keeps up his bardic banter I know a game, Slappy calls out as he steps forward holding his hooked hammer in a low grip. Its called Whallop the Trollop!!! And he swings trying to take out a kneecap.

melee attack 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8
weird gnome weapon 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles | Dark Sun

Lucky, without the Precise Shot feat, you suffer a -4 to shoot someone engaged in melee. In this case, it's still a hit.

Lucky backs up and manages to score a hit with a quarrel over Arts shoulder. The nasty thing is clearly close to true death, but it's currently as deadly as ever.

Slappy's attempt is weak and off balanced, and the remaining foes attack:

The undead by Kiltem and Ko makes a savage attack on Kiltem before stepping away:
Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Left Claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Right Claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
...but all the attacks miss

Closeby the other continues to attack Art:
Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 MISS
Left Claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 MISS (Panache)
Right Claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 for DMG: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 and a FORT Save DC 13 or be paralyzed for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Rounds
and slashes Art's arm!

Round 3:
Whores: ATK!
Art: Go
Ko: Go
Kiltem: Go
Lucky: Go
Slappy: Go

DM:

Red: 9
Blue: 2


Male Human Druid 4, HP 45/45, AC18 (T12 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +10, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Posting for Joe/Slappy

Round 3 Slappy's Action

Slappy moves up again to stay flanking with Ko. The very tall Mwangi warrior and the diminutive gnome make an odd pairing. The bard keeps up his Bardic pep talk as he fights. Lets take her Ko, you go high, I'll go low!

melee attack w/ flanking 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 6
gnome hooked hammer 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Bardic 6/9

Kiltem is holding position watching to see if Delgado makes his save or not and needs help


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 34 (26), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +8, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 18

Ko backpedaled while fending off the blows with his buckler. Slappy wheeled around to distract the trollop and Ko attacked with a powerful chop.

Roll:

flank
cutlass,att: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 10
cutlass,dam: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7
Crit confirmation
cutlass,att: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 12
Crit additional damage
cutlass,dam: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10


M
Attack!:
[dice=Short sword]1d20+4[/dice] for [dice]1d6+3[/dice] damage.
Level 4 Unchained Rogue
Crunch:
HP: 30/30 | Initiative:+11 | AC:14, T:14, FF: 10 || Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will +1 || Perception: +10 / +11 (hidden object & doors) / +12 (traps) | Stealth +13

Lucky reloads as fast as he can and levels the crossbow once again. He steadied his aim, unsure of how successful he will be shooting into melee...

1d20 + 4 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 - 4 = 4 for 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4

The bolt sails wide and Lucky curses his poor aim.

I forgot about Point Blank Shot too. Oops.


M Human L4 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 39 / 39 Init +4; Panache: 2 / 3 CL 2 / 3 AC 17 FF 14 T 13; F1 R5 W1(+2 vs fear); CMB 16

Fort save, using Charmed Life: 1d20 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 1 + 3 = 16

The swashbuckler grunts at the strike, but is able to fight off the paralysis of the blow. He grits his teeth & continues to stab...

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 = 13
damage: 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 1 = 8


Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles | Dark Sun

Slappy, Ko, and Lucky all struggle to connect. The fumes of the tent beginning to make their eyes water!

Round 3:
Whores: ATK!
Art: Go
Ko: Miss
Kiltem: Go
Lucky: Miss
Slappy: Miss

DM:

Red: 9
Blue: 2


Male Human Druid 4, HP 45/45, AC18 (T12 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +10, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Round 3

Kiltem moves in crack another skull!

melee attack 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 1 = 22
club 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8


Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles | Dark Sun

Kiltem's penchant for skilled violence is bound to become legendary, as he breaks the neck of another creature, leaving one to fight to the second death.

The remaining foe has but a few small wounds.

Round 3:
Whores: ATK!
Art: Go
Ko: Miss
Kiltem: Kill
Lucky: Miss
Slappy: Miss

DM:

Blue: 2


M Human L4 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 39 / 39 Init +4; Panache: 2 / 3 CL 2 / 3 AC 17 FF 14 T 13; F1 R5 W1(+2 vs fear); CMB 16

I went—4 posts up


Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles | Dark Sun

I thought I might have done that thing where I ignore Mike, but it's that we posted at the same time!

Art's blade work continues to improve, leaving a gaping wound! There's little left of her to fight, but fight she does, trying to bring down the most dangerous foe, Kiltem.
Bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 THREAT
Bite CONFIRM: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 for DMG: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3) + 2 = 6 And a FORT Save DC 13 or be p-lyzed for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 rounds.
Left Claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Right Claw: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Round 4:
Whore: ATK!
Art: Go
Ko: Go
Kiltem: Go
Lucky: Go
Slappy: Go

Spoiler:

Blue: 10


Male Human Druid 4, HP 45/45, AC18 (T12 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +10, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Fortitude 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Somehow the ghoul makes it in past his shield and latches onto Kiltem’s neck and shoulder with her disgusting foul teeth!
The druid roars with anger. After a few seconds he manages to throw her off. Surely it is only his own animal vitality bolstered by his rage that he is able to stave off the unholy poison.

trying to patiently wait my turn in combat


M
Attack!:
[dice=Short sword]1d20+4[/dice] for [dice]1d6+3[/dice] damage.
Level 4 Unchained Rogue
Crunch:
HP: 30/30 | Initiative:+11 | AC:14, T:14, FF: 10 || Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will +1 || Perception: +10 / +11 (hidden object & doors) / +12 (traps) | Stealth +13

Lucky reloads again, shuffles back a few steps and fires...

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles | Dark Sun

This time he aims true, and the bolt to the forehead is enough to drop the undead. As suddenly as it started, it ends.

Each character who took damage must make ANOTHER FORT save. Additionally, for eliminating a trio of ghoulish ghouls, the party earns 1,200 XP.

In time the tent burns down, and its contents are ripe for the taking! Among the piles of revealing clothing inside the smoldering tent are a potion in a leather hip flask depicting a crocodile (worth 25 gp), three very sharp, oft-used daggers (one of which is masterwork), an open chest containing six flasks of alchemist’s fire, a wedding dress inlaid with pearls and set with three tiny rubies (worth 400 gp after damages), a whalebone corset set with mother-of-pearl inlays worth 20 gp, a dozen silver hatpins set with tiny obsidians worth 5 gp each, scattered gems worth a total of 250 gp, 56 gp, and 97 sp.


M
Attack!:
[dice=Short sword]1d20+4[/dice] for [dice]1d6+3[/dice] damage.
Level 4 Unchained Rogue
Crunch:
HP: 30/30 | Initiative:+11 | AC:14, T:14, FF: 10 || Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will +1 || Perception: +10 / +11 (hidden object & doors) / +12 (traps) | Stealth +13

Lucky is clearly excited as he recounts the combat to Slappy, as though the little bard wasn't there for the whole thing. Game for it, Slappy participates and the two craft a slightly exaggerated blow-by-blow that more than tickles the halfling's fancy. The excitement of looting the foul habitation overcomes the gaggingly wretched stench of burned undead, rotting flesh, and the earthy pungeance of the jungle.

The party does eye one another with a bit of uneasy skepticism. These pirates are relatively newly acquainted, and they are after all, pirates.

When it becomes apparent none of the crew are looking to cheat the others, the men relax a bit and continue to chat excitedly about the bountiful booty!


Male Human Druid 4, HP 45/45, AC18 (T12 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +10, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)
"Lucky" Lucas D'Endrin wrote:
Slappy participates and the two craft a slightly exaggerated blow-by-blow that more than tickles the halfling's fancy.

Slappy is a gnome.

Maybe you are confused with one of the crewmembers Rosie Cusswell, she is a halfling.

and Fortitude save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Male Human Druid 4, HP 45/45, AC18 (T12 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +10, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

The druid nods his head, very impressed over the haul they found from destroying the ghouls. Mother is pleased with us for... He seems to struggle with finding the right word or words. His brain is clearly working really hard, ...uh, uhm. Properly rekilling those undead things. Not sure if she laid these treasures for us. She is often an uncaring matron.

Kiltem then casts CLWs on himself 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Anyone else need healing? He asks


M
Attack!:
[dice=Short sword]1d20+4[/dice] for [dice]1d6+3[/dice] damage.
Level 4 Unchained Rogue
Crunch:
HP: 30/30 | Initiative:+11 | AC:14, T:14, FF: 10 || Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will +1 || Perception: +10 / +11 (hidden object & doors) / +12 (traps) | Stealth +13

Maybe Lucky is confused by all kinds of of tiny little people...


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 34 (26), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +8, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 18

Roll:

fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 34 (26), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +8, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 18

"If she is not looking out for us, perhaps Gozreh is. Ko fingered the slashes across his ribs. They no longer bled, yet throbbed with a strange and alien sting. "I will hold on the magic for now. My wound is but an annoyance." Ko used his blade to pry the top off of one of the undead skulls. He held it aloft. His eyes slid along its rotting crags, crumbling valleys and fetid peaks. A worm slid out of a barren eye socket, and slithered onto his blade. It inched along the chipped steel, leaving behind a thin stream of slime that smoked, and then burst into flame. Ko startled. He jerked back and snapped the blade, flinging the skull and the worm into the muck. The rush of air seemed to fuel the flame. It danced. Hypnotic..until, Ko shoved his blade into the muck, extinguishing the strange fire.

Roll:
perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

"Let's push on. This place creeps me out."


Male Human Druid 4, HP 45/45, AC18 (T12 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +10, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

We take the loot and press on.


M Human L4 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 39 / 39 Init +4; Panache: 2 / 3 CL 2 / 3 AC 17 FF 14 T 13; F1 R5 W1(+2 vs fear); CMB 16
DMS wrote:
I thought I might have done that thing where I ignore Mike, but it's that we posted at the same time!

Glad I reserved judgement then. ;-) *bow*

Fort save, using Charmed Life (1 use remaining): 1d20 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 3 = 8 fakkin faaaaak

Art is...clearly not feeling himself, as the wound he received is angry, red, and...angry.

do you jamokes want me to keep track of treasure? Or does someone else wanna do that?


Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles | Dark Sun

The party puts themselves back together. Kiltem's thoughts on the Fickle Mistress linger in everyone's minds.

Moving down the trail, it eventually hits the beach. Towering palm trees stretch along the white sand beach for a mile or so, each around 50 feet high and crowned with a wide canopy of palms brimming with coconuts. Shattered coconuts litter the beach beneath three of the trees On the beach are a trio of giant crabs eating.... something. Each crab is the size of Ko himself.

Kiltem looks at the terrain, and thinks it'd be easy to pass by the crabs. Ahead and beyond the beach is a clearing in the jungle contains overgrown fields of some sort of corn. The crops have gone wild, creating a high barrier wafting gently in the breeze. Still, it's a more recent sign of civilization than the abandoned huts on the first beach.


Male Human Druid 4, HP 45/45, AC18 (T12 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +10, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

The druid takes a big breath of the salt air and feels the sea breeze pass over him. He studies the crabs for a moment. A brief thought of how tasty they would be boiled up, but he realizes they don't have a giant cauldron for cooking... Can we tell what the crabs are eating? Like maybe some of our pirates who fell overboard in the storm?
Kiltem also takes a closer look at the overgrown corn patch.

Perception take Ten 10 + 8 = 18

I think we can make it around the crabs without having to fight them. Shall we move closer toward the corn field? Maybe there is an old village or something nearby...


Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles | Dark Sun

Kiltem sees enough fish bone to know that they're feasting on something large and fishy, likely a shark. Thankfully it doesn't look human.

The patch is still a few hundred yards ahead, but in looking at it, he can tell there's also a trail that leads up the rocks to the summit. Atop there's a small hut. Looks like you can see the whole island from there.


M
Attack!:
[dice=Short sword]1d20+4[/dice] for [dice]1d6+3[/dice] damage.
Level 4 Unchained Rogue
Crunch:
HP: 30/30 | Initiative:+11 | AC:14, T:14, FF: 10 || Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will +1 || Perception: +10 / +11 (hidden object & doors) / +12 (traps) | Stealth +13

Lucky waves the others to follow him and start a months path to the hut.

He keeps his eyes open, hoping to glean some idea about the hut ahead...

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 34 (26), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +8, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 18

"Let's go." Ko pointed at the hut and headed in that direction.


Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles | Dark Sun

The party leaves the crabs behind and heads towards the hut. As you approach, however, you realize that it's not a "hut", it's actually a stockade of sorts around a lodge. The walls are short, maybe 7 feet high. You can see there's a spyglass set in the wall of the lodge itself.

The well-built timber stockade surrounds a small lodge in a jungle clearing. Vines wrap and strangle a great tree that rises next to the lodge, blocking light from above. Beside it is a bubbling spring.


M
Attack!:
[dice=Short sword]1d20+4[/dice] for [dice]1d6+3[/dice] damage.
Level 4 Unchained Rogue
Crunch:
HP: 30/30 | Initiative:+11 | AC:14, T:14, FF: 10 || Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will +1 || Perception: +10 / +11 (hidden object & doors) / +12 (traps) | Stealth +13

Lucky waves in what he hopes is a friendly enough fashion and approaches the stockade, on the lookout for any shenanigans or signs of life.


Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles | Dark Sun

Kiltem: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Ko: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Arthur: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Lucky: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Slappy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Lucky approaches, but doesn't see any signs of life. The scope is interesting though, as it's pointing.... down.

Slappy, however, gives a shout as a pair of highly camouflaged creatures drop down from the trees right in front of Lucky. These hunched-over wretch have long, pliable arms like tentacles capped with five wide, spiny claws.

DM:

2d20 ⇒ (7, 8) = 15


Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles | Dark Sun

Foes: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Kiltem: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Ko: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Arthur: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Lucky: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Slappy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Knowledge (Arcana) to identify. DC starts at 13

Surprise Round:
Slappy: Go
???: Drop down and flank

Round 1:
Kiltem: Go
Lucky: Go
Slappy: Go
Ko: Go
Art: Go

???: TBD


Male Human Druid 4, HP 45/45, AC18 (T12 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +10, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

posting for Joe/Slappy

Surprise Round! Action de Slappy!

The sharp senses of the gnome note the two dangerous looking creatures dropping down to flank Lucky.

Know Arcana 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Short little legs bursting into action Slappy moves forward and decides this is a situation for some magic.

Slappy casts Grease and is able to hit only one of the baddies.


Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles | Dark Sun

Slappy gets 2 questions to identify these strange variants to chokers.

Slappy tries to literally trip up one of the attackers before they can make good on their ambush. REF: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22, but the creature maintains its footing.

Round 1:
Kiltem: Go
Lucky: Go
Slappy: Go
Ko: Go
Art: Go

???: TBD


Male Human Druid 4, HP 45/45, AC18 (T12 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +10, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

Slappy wants to know: best way to kill them
do they have any special attacks/threats

Round 1 Kiltem

The druid feels these might be a dangerous enough foe. He calls out Mother! empower my wood!
He holds up his Shillelagh with one hand and gets ready to bring the pain on the next round.


M
Attack!:
[dice=Short sword]1d20+4[/dice] for [dice]1d6+3[/dice] damage.
Level 4 Unchained Rogue
Crunch:
HP: 30/30 | Initiative:+11 | AC:14, T:14, FF: 10 || Fort: +2 | Ref: +8 | Will +1 || Perception: +10 / +11 (hidden object & doors) / +12 (traps) | Stealth +13

@Kiltem: Oedipal magic FTW!

Lucky is shocked at this unexpected turn of events. As he shuffles back a few quick steps, he quickly unshoulders his crossbow and loads it with practiced ease. Despite the surprise and sudden reality of mortal danger, he calmly lifts the weapon to his eye. Upon leveling it at the enemy, he breathes out softly and pulls the trigger!

Step 5' back, 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 damage.


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 34 (26), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +8, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 18

Seeing his friends in danger, Ko didn't hesitate. He sprinted towards the monstrosities with blade and buckler and attacked the closest one.

Roll:

cutlass,att: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
cutlass,dam: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Crit confirmation
cutlass,att: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Crit additional damage
cutlass,dam: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male Human Druid 4, HP 45/45, AC18 (T12 FF16), CMD 19, Init +1, Percep +10, (Fort +6, Ref +3, Wil +6)

posting for Joe/Slappy

Round One Slappy

The gnome smiles in spite of himself even as he cleverly curses the plantlike choker for managing to keep his feet in the slick grease.

Delgado, bring your weapons to bare! Our mighty Ko has struck nothing but air! Slappy gave in to a quick caper as he moved forward. Don't worry mighty Bekyar, soon YOU they will ware... Slappy says to his tall friend.

Activate Bardic magic, allies get a +1 hit/damage


Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles | Dark Sun

Slappy shouts that if either one gets there hands on you, they'll start instantly strangling you. Thankfully, they have no special defenses.... anything works.

Kiltem's Shillelagh hardens!

Unfortunately Ko's swing is easily dodged by the green enemy.

Even Lucky's adroit thrust to the 4-line is off target.

Round 1:
Kiltem: at Colonus
Lucky: Miss
Slappy: The Bard Song
Ko: Miss
Art: Go
???: TBD


M Human L4 Swashbuckler (Picaroon) HP 39 / 39 Init +4; Panache: 2 / 3 CL 2 / 3 AC 17 FF 14 T 13; F1 R5 W1(+2 vs fear); CMB 16

Art fits stone to sling and lets fly, while closing a few feet (close enough to engage in melee if necessary). Shoot st the one who hasn’t actually been engaged yet—so no-4 I think

slung: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 = 23
stone: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles | Dark Sun

Art's stone strikes the creature in the side. It makes a sick sound, like the creature is ...rubber. Still, it clearly wounds it! Yes to the -4 as they're within melee. Still a hit though.

Both Ko and Lucky find themselves battling a pair of tentacles like stragulation-hands!
Left v. Ko: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 THREAT
Left v. Ko Confirm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 for DMG: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (2, 4) + 6 = 12
Left v. Ko Grab: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 It immediately begins to strangle him!
Right v. Ko: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 MISS

Left v. Lucky: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 for DMG: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Right v. Lucky: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 for DMG: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Left grab v. Lucky: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 MISS
Right grab v. Lucky: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 CHOKING!

Round 2:
Kiltem: Go
Lucky: Go
Slappy: Go
Ko: Go
Art: Go

???: TBD

DM:

Black: 3


Male Bekyar Mwangi (Human) Slayer (Vanguard) 4, HP 34 (26), AC 17 (T12,FF15), Init +4, Per +8, Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2, CMD 18

The tentacles slammed into Ko’s head. Stars spun in his vision and hot blood splashed down his face and neck as half a dozen cuts opened simultaneously on his head and face. Horrid, grasping tentacles wrapped around his throat. He croaked a cry for help and then tried to slice away the tentacles.

Roll:

combat maneuver: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

651 to 700 of 1,323 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeon Master S's "Skull & Shackles" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.