Dungeon Master S's "Giantslayer" AP

Game Master Chris Marsh

TACTICAL MAP | HANDOUTS | MAP TEMPLATES | TRUNAU |
CAMPAIGN RECORDS |

Calendar

Initiative:

[dice=Enemy]d20[/dice]
[dice=Raen]d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Ushyle]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Vael]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Whistle Pig]d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Doxon]d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Hamilton]d20+2[/dice] (Extra +2 if Mountains/Hills)

Skill Quickpost:

Perception
[dice=Raen]d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Ushyle]d20+9[/dice] (Darkvision 60')
[dice=Vael]d20+6[/dice] (Darkvision 60')
--->[dice=Tulia]d20+10[/dice] (LLV)
[dice=Whistle Pig]d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Doxon]d20+3[/dice] (Darkvision 60')
[dice=Hamilton]d20+6[/dice] (Extra +2 if Mountains/Hills)

Sense Motive:
[dice=Raen]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Ushyle]d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Vael]d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Whistle Pig]d20+1[/dice]
[dice=Doxon]d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Ham]d20+1[/dice]


4,101 to 4,150 of 4,920 << first < prev | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Halfing Ranger 5/Fighter 2| HP 49/49| AC 21 FF 14 Tch 18 | CMD 22 | F+9 R+10 W+4 | Perc +13 | Init +6

WP cruses the clanging armor but get's down to business.

Two slings head toward white with two flicks of the wrist.

attack on white: 1d20 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 13 + 4 = 25
damage: 1d6 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 4 = 19
attack on white: 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 4 = 21
damage: 1d6 + 9 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 4 = 15


Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Whistle Pig wastes no time. His two stones breaks the troll's skull. While it already begins to regenerate, the damage is extensive!

Round 1:
Whistle Pig: Hit
Vael: Go
Ushyle: Go
Raen: Go

Enemy: TBD
Hamilton: TBD
Doxon: TBD

DM:

White: 34

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfing Ranger 5/Fighter 2| HP 49/49| AC 21 FF 14 Tch 18 | CMD 22 | F+9 R+10 W+4 | Perc +13 | Init +6

"Um, guys! They aren't staying dead!! What do I do??"


Male Dwarf Shaman 8 (HP: 63(+15)/63) | Init: +4 | AC: 17 T: 10, FF: 17 | Perception +6 (+2 vs unusual stonework) | F: +6, R: +4, W: +12 (+2 vs Poison, Spells, Spell-like abilities) | CMB: +6 | CMD: 16 | Stardust 6/6 || Tulia (HP: 31/31) | AC 18 | Perception +10

Vael grabs hold of the magical alpenstock and moves to have a clear line of sight. He murmurs a chant to the spirits, calling for the aid in harnessing lightning.

Seeing the greatest threat as the biggest creature, Vael brings to balls of electricity where the giantess stands!

Ball Lightning 1 (DC 18 Reflex negates) Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 1) = 8
Ball Lightning 2 (DC 18 Reflex negates) Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 3) = 9


Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

REF x2: 2d20 + 1 ⇒ (1, 13) + 1 = 15 The giantess is immediately shocked by two orbs of crackling electricity. She seems to be hearty enough to take a lot more of that!

Round 1:
Whistle Pig: Hit
Vael: Zzzt!
Ushyle: Go
Raen: Go

Enemy: TBD
Hamilton: TBD
Doxon: TBD

DM:

White: 34
Gristlecrack: 17


Varisian Illusionist Loremaster 8 HP 64/64 | AC 15* Tch 11 FF 14* | F+6 R+5 W+9 | CMD 13 | Perc +8 | Init +3
Per Diem:
Bonded Ring: Unused | Pearl of Power: Unused | Extend Metamagic 2/3 | Blinding Ray 11/11

For future reference, for this part of the adventure, Raen would like to cast a buff spell or two (primarily Mirror Image) when approaching action. Especially late in the day.

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29 anything relevant

Raen follows Vael in getting out of Hamilton's way, and bathes the giantess' camp in flames.

Fireball: 7d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 5, 3, 5, 4, 3) = 28 Fire damage, DC 19 Reflex for half


Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

I'm cool with casting a spell when action is imminent. Also, would someone be so kind as to bot Ushyle?

Raen's spell explodes on the field. She knows that the two trolls near the giant are moss trolls. They are particularly vulnerable to fire, and an open flame scares the crap out of them so long as it burns.

Giant: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Blue: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 DEAD
Red: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

The fireball leaves one of the trolls utterly destroyed, and the other close to death.

Round 1:
Whistle Pig: Hit
Vael: Zzzt!
Ushyle: Go
Raen: Boom
Enemy: TBD
Hamilton: TBD
Doxon: TBD

DM:

White: 62
Gristlecrack: 17
Red 21


Ushyle opts for a tactical approach, calling upon Milani to shield his from view. Cast Invisibility

He them moves forward, Milani's Thorn in hand.


Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Ushyle vanishes from the field of battle, headed to Milani knows where.

The giants scatter. Two move for a better attack angle, and one troll charges Whistle Pig! Charge!: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 = 21 for Bite: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

The giantess hefts and throws a massive rock at Hamilton, almost as if in challenge: Rock!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9, but it sails overhead. She snarls at the ranger and holds her greatclub ready.

Round 1:
Whistle Pig: Hit
Vael: Zzzt!
Ushyle: Poof
Raen: Boom
Enemy: ATK
Hamilton: Go
Doxon: Go

DM:

White: 62
Gristlecrack: 17
Red 21


Male Human (Taldane) Ranger 5/Roughrider 3; HP: 85/85; Speed 20'; AC (23/20/19), FF 16, Touch 14; Fort +10, Ref +7, Will: +4

Hamilton charges the tusked monster.

CHARGE!:1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 25
Damage on Hit:2d8 + 10 + 2d6 ⇒ (7, 2) + 10 + (6, 6) = 31


Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Hamilton, heedless of danger charges to the troll. His lance gores it, dropping the troll to the ground, though the wounds are closing with shocking speed.

Doxon's vigor gives him a lot more speed as he closes with a troll of his own AoO: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 , and dodges the attack with ease. The Hammer of Unmaking, slams into the foe!

Round 2:
Whistle Pig: Go
Vael: Go
Ushyle: Go
Raen: Go

Enemy: TBD
Hamilton: TBD
Doxon: TBD

DM:

White: 34
Gristlecrack: 17
Red 21
Black: 13


Male Human (Taldane) Ranger 5/Roughrider 3; HP: 85/85; Speed 20'; AC (23/20/19), FF 16, Touch 14; Fort +10, Ref +7, Will: +4

Um... Sorry boss. I charged the first thing in the way. Not the big girl. That's coming.


Active Buffs:
Per Diem:
Spells 1st 5/5 | 2nd 5/5 | 3rd 3/3 | Blessings 7/7 | Fervor 6/7
Male Dwarf Warpriest 8 | HP 65/70| AC 22 FF 21 Tch 11 | CMD 23 (+5 vs. Disarm) | F+10 R+7 W+10 | Perc +3 | Init +3

Seeing the giants moving for better tactical advantage, Doxon wastes no time and calls on the power of Torag to infuse his limbs with divine vigor and charges the giant maneuvering to the south.

Fervor to swift cast Channel Vigor for haste.

Agrimmosh, Charge!: 1d20 + 12 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 2 + 1 = 26
Damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (3, 2) + 8 = 13


Male Dwarf Shaman 8 (HP: 63(+15)/63) | Init: +4 | AC: 17 T: 10, FF: 17 | Perception +6 (+2 vs unusual stonework) | F: +6, R: +4, W: +12 (+2 vs Poison, Spells, Spell-like abilities) | CMB: +6 | CMD: 16 | Stardust 6/6 || Tulia (HP: 31/31) | AC 18 | Perception +10

Vael gestures with his hands, guiding the balls of lightning closer to the giantess. Move action to reposition the balls of lightning

He then sees that Whistle Pig is in danger. His eyes turn solid black as he amplifies his tricks with spirit magic. Swirling starlight covers the halfling, and seconds later he's in a different place! Consume a 1st level spell (Remove Fear) using Amplified Hex to boost Heaven's Leap by 30ft range, Heaven's Leap on Whistle Pig


Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Vael moves his lightning towards the giant as he whisks Whistle Pig out of harm's way!

Round 2:
Whistle Pig: Go
Vael: Heaven's Balls of Lightning leaping
Ushyle: Go
Raen: Go

Enemy: TBD
Hamilton: TBD
Doxon: TBD

DM:

White: 65
Gristlecrack: 17
Red 21
Black: 13


Varisian Illusionist Loremaster 8 HP 64/64 | AC 15* Tch 11 FF 14* | F+6 R+5 W+9 | CMD 13 | Perc +8 | Init +3
Per Diem:
Bonded Ring: Unused | Pearl of Power: Unused | Extend Metamagic 2/3 | Blinding Ray 11/11

Raen dances around the rear of the battlefield and flicks a wand at the giantess. A new flame springs up between her ankles.

Flaming Sphere: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 5) = 15 Fire damage, DC 13 Reflex negates


Ushyle continues to move forward, seeking out the straggler troll to the north. Double move

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfing Ranger 5/Fighter 2| HP 49/49| AC 21 FF 14 Tch 18 | CMD 22 | F+9 R+10 W+4 | Perc +13 | Init +6

slightly disoriented from the teleport, WP targets the nearest target.

1st attack
attack on black: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22
1d6 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

2nd attack
attack on black: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20
1d6 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16


Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Whistle Pig's sling works overtime as two more stone find their mark!

Ushyle continues his stealth approach.

REF: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 Another ball of energy appears, but the giantess easily dodges it with her massive stride. She responds by stepping up and swinging her massive club at Hamilton! ATK: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27 It hits him in the side for DMG: 3d8 + 16 ⇒ (7, 4, 6) + 16 = 33

The downed troll by Applejack opens his eyes as his wounds knit themselves closed. He tries to bite the steed on the leg Bite: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 4 = 12, but the angle is awkward and the steed is well trained.

The burning moss troll walks right by Ushyle!

The troll on the eastern side goes house on Doxon:
Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 for DMG: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Left Claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Right Claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Round 2:
Whistle Pig: Hits
Vael: Heaven's Balls of Lightning leaping
Ushyle: sneaking AoO if he wants v. Red
Raen: Flame!
Enemy: ATK
Hamilton: Go
Doxon: Go

DM:

White: 60
Gristlecrack: 31
Red 21 (No Regen until 3)
Black: 46


Ushyle seizes on the opportunity, swinging Milani's Thorn at the passing Moss Troll.
Milani's Thorn: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

He times the strike poorly, becoming visible.


Male Human (Taldane) Ranger 5/Roughrider 3; HP: 85/85; Speed 20'; AC (23/20/19), FF 16, Touch 14; Fort +10, Ref +7, Will: +4

Cursing the cramped corners, Ham looks for another opening. He kisses the air at the Giantess.

Be right back, Milady!

Charge the troll engaged with Doxon (Black) Ride-By-Attack. Riding off the map as far as I can. Plan is to cut straight back onto the map next round, behind the house and the giantess.

Charge:1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30
Damage on Hit:2d8 + 10 + 2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) + 10 + (1, 2) = 21


Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

The giantess sneers at the roughrider's remarks, not quick enough to swing at him as he leaves. Hamilton's strike gores another. The troll drops, but is already healing!

Round 2:
Whistle Pig: Hits
Vael: Heaven's Balls of Lightning leaping
Ushyle: sneaking AoO if he wants v. Red
Raen: Flame!
Enemy: ATK
Hamilton: Drop
Doxon: Go

DM:

White: 60
Gristlecrack: 31
Red 21 (No Regen until 3)
Black: 67


Since a 13 hits its flat-footed...
Weapon Damage: 2d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 4) + 5 = 12
Sneak Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 2) = 13


Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Ushyle appears as he swings for the troll's neck. He drops the giant, the flame from Raen's spell still shutting down its natural regeneration. The creature, he is confident, will never get up.

Round 2:
Whistle Pig: Hits
Vael: Heaven's Balls of Lightning leaping
Ushyle: Kill
Raen: Flame!
Enemy: ATK
Hamilton: Drop
Doxon: Go

DM:

White: 60
Gristlecrack: 31
Black: 67


Active Buffs:
Per Diem:
Spells 1st 5/5 | 2nd 5/5 | 3rd 3/3 | Blessings 7/7 | Fervor 6/7
Male Dwarf Warpriest 8 | HP 65/70| AC 22 FF 21 Tch 11 | CMD 23 (+5 vs. Disarm) | F+10 R+7 W+10 | Perc +3 | Init +3

With a flourish of Agrimmosh, the hammer bursts into flames. Doxon swings it down on the troll lying before him.

Swift: Sacred Weapon - Flaming
Standard: Hit the troll with flame.

He then runs over to engage the lady.


Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Doxon keeps the troll dead with his divine flame, and then gets personal with the giantess.

Round 3:
Whistle Pig: Go
Vael: Go
Ushyle: Go
Raen: Go

Enemy: TBD
Hamilton: TBD
Doxon: TBD

DM:

White: 60
Gristlecrack: 31
Black: 67


Male Dwarf Shaman 8 (HP: 63(+15)/63) | Init: +4 | AC: 17 T: 10, FF: 17 | Perception +6 (+2 vs unusual stonework) | F: +6, R: +4, W: +12 (+2 vs Poison, Spells, Spell-like abilities) | CMB: +6 | CMD: 16 | Stardust 6/6 || Tulia (HP: 31/31) | AC 18 | Perception +10

Life energy continues to flow from Vael to Whistle Pig, and begins to do the same for Doxon and Hamilton.

Healing:
WP=10, Doxon and Hamilton=5

Vael places a hand on his chest, and mutters a quick chant to the Spirits of Life.
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

The shaman then continues to steer the lightning toward the giantess.


Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Vael keeps the party fighting as the melee becomes increasingly compact.

Round 3:
Whistle Pig: Go
Vael: Heal
Ushyle: Go
Raen: Go

Enemy: TBD
Hamilton: TBD
Doxon: TBD

DM:

White: 60
Gristlecrack: 31
Black: 67

Liberty's Edge

Male Halfing Ranger 5/Fighter 2| HP 49/49| AC 21 FF 14 Tch 18 | CMD 22 | F+9 R+10 W+4 | Perc +13 | Init +6

Pig sees the troll healing slowly, but the giant that is still standing is much more of a threat.

"Raen! can you cook the troll? I'm going to try to get this b#*@#'s attention..."

WP loads his sling and let's a pair of bullets fly toward the giant.

1st attack:
attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 21
1d6 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17

2nd attack
attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
1d6 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19


Varisian Illusionist Loremaster 8 HP 64/64 | AC 15* Tch 11 FF 14* | F+6 R+5 W+9 | CMD 13 | Perc +8 | Init +3
Per Diem:
Bonded Ring: Unused | Pearl of Power: Unused | Extend Metamagic 2/3 | Blinding Ray 11/11

Raen chuckles. Her ring is wreathed momentarily in fire and a second conflagration erupts behind the giantess, engulfing the prone troll as well.

Fireball: 7d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 1, 6, 2, 6, 3) = 23 Fire damage, DC 19 Reflex for half

As the flameburst quiets, she rolls the spongy ball of fire back into the giantess's heel.

Flaming Sphere: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 5) = 11 Fire damage, DC 13 Reflex negates


Male Dwarf Shaman 8 (HP: 63(+15)/63) | Init: +4 | AC: 17 T: 10, FF: 17 | Perception +6 (+2 vs unusual stonework) | F: +6, R: +4, W: +12 (+2 vs Poison, Spells, Spell-like abilities) | CMB: +6 | CMD: 16 | Stardust 6/6 || Tulia (HP: 31/31) | AC 18 | Perception +10

"Nae Whistle Pig, dinna try ta git her attention. Leave that ta Hamilton, please." Vael calls out to the impetuous halfling.


Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Whistle Pig knows where to aim, but lands only one telling blow.

Raen brings fire and then more fire:
REF v Fireball: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
REF v ball of fire: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Both burn her badly, and the fireball also ends one of the trolls. She looks about frantically, as if trying to grab a potion off her extra wide waist.

Round 3:
Whistle Pig: Hit
Vael: Heal
Ushyle: Go
Raen: Fire
Enemy: TBD
Hamilton: TBD
Doxon: TBD

DM:

Gristlecrack: 84


Ushyle moves forward, drawing his bow as he does so. Reluctantly, he drops his greatsword, and nocks an arrow. He whispers a prayer to Milani, asking for guidance against this giant, and lets loose an arrow! Swift action for Bane

Attack w/composite shortbow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + (3, 2) = 14


Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

Ushyle's arrow catches her in upper chest. Her wounds are quickly overwhelming her. Given her options, she takes a big risk, grabbing a potion at her belt and pulling it out.

Round 3:
Whistle Pig: Hit
Vael: Heal
Ushyle: Hit
Raen: Fire
Enemy: Current
Hamilton: TBD
Doxon: TBD AoO

DM:

Gristlecrack: 98


Active Buffs:
Per Diem:
Spells 1st 5/5 | 2nd 5/5 | 3rd 3/3 | Blessings 7/7 | Fervor 6/7
Male Dwarf Warpriest 8 | HP 65/70| AC 22 FF 21 Tch 11 | CMD 23 (+5 vs. Disarm) | F+10 R+7 W+10 | Perc +3 | Init +3

Seeing her guard slip momentarily, Doxon swings Agrimmosh in, hoping for a lucky strike.

Agrimmosh: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 1 + 1 = 31
Damage: 2d6 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 4) + 8 + (3) = 20


Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

She never gets the potion out, as Doxon kills her where she stands. The dwarf is quick enough to catch the vial as it falls, protecting it from shattering!

Blood and embers litter the ground. The party stands.

For thrashing the giantess and her trolls, each party member receives 1867 XP .

Unfortunately not only are there no captives, there are neither corpses nor tracks of them leaving. Hamilton confirms that they were here, but it's as if they simply.... vanished.

The thorough search of the area, as well as the bag of goods that most giants seem to keep produces some solid loot.

Treasure:

  • +1 short sword
  • a potion of gaseous form (caught by Doxon)
  • a scroll of mirror image,
  • a gold bowl engraved with images of dwarves fighting giants (worth 400 gp)
  • a gold flute (worth 1,000 gp)
  • a small diamond (worth 900 gp)
  • two opals (worth 500 gp each)
  • 679 gp
  • 180 sp
  • 900 cp
  • a collection of 14 feet (dwarven, halfling, and human)

  • Male Human (Taldane) Ranger 5/Roughrider 3; HP: 85/85; Speed 20'; AC (23/20/19), FF 16, Touch 14; Fort +10, Ref +7, Will: +4

    They came here. They were here. They didn't leave. They're not here now.

    Hamilton looks up. Any odd shaped clouds? Any Shimmers in the sky that don't look right? Any fleeing creatures in flight?


    Male Human (Taldane) Ranger 5/Roughrider 3; HP: 85/85; Speed 20'; AC (23/20/19), FF 16, Touch 14; Fort +10, Ref +7, Will: +4

    DM asks for a Survival Check via Slack, I oblige.

    Survival:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17


    Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

    Hamilton's got a solid hunch, but alas, he can't find any evidence to back it up.


    Male Human (Taldane) Ranger 5/Roughrider 3; HP: 85/85; Speed 20'; AC (23/20/19), FF 16, Touch 14; Fort +10, Ref +7, Will: +4

    Can't see anything... Ugh... I'm telling you, they either went down or up, and we'd have noticed a giant sized hole in the ground. Vael... Raen... Can either of you magically enhance eyesight?


    Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

    It's late in the evening by the time everyone is cleaned up from the fight - very late. Dawn nearly approaches. The party takes a quick rest, and then prepares for another day of adventure.

    The valley to the north seems to be a dead end. There does seem to be a fair amount of traffic to and from the east, likely the ultimate destination of these giants.


    Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

    On the morning of the 23rd day of Calistril, the party pushes east, hoping for some clue as to where the captives went, or where the giants were heading.

    Upon reaching yet another large intersection of valleys Hamilton checks the tracks. Most continue east, but there's a clear and well trodden path to the north as well.


    Male Human (Taldane) Ranger 5/Roughrider 3; HP: 85/85; Speed 20'; AC (23/20/19), FF 16, Touch 14; Fort +10, Ref +7, Will: +4

    Anything else you can tell me about the North tracks?

    I'm inclined to go check out North. I'm curious. Let's do that.


    Male Dwarf Shaman 8 (HP: 63(+15)/63) | Init: +4 | AC: 17 T: 10, FF: 17 | Perception +6 (+2 vs unusual stonework) | F: +6, R: +4, W: +12 (+2 vs Poison, Spells, Spell-like abilities) | CMB: +6 | CMD: 16 | Stardust 6/6 || Tulia (HP: 31/31) | AC 18 | Perception +10

    Vael works with Ham throughout his tracking efforts, keen on finding and rescuing the human prisoners before they become food for giants and trolls. Survival is +10, so he auto-assists

    On the morning of the 23rd, Vael prepares himself in the usual ways. But this time he readies some tricks that'll allow him to produce flames at will. Updated profile
    False Life: 1d10 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


    Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

    Hamilton examines the tracks. the ones to the north are ...old. Quite old. At the same time they're extremely regular, layers of tracks over tracks, all going the same gait and depth...

    Looking up it appears that this valley goes, at most, 4 miles. Given that, to the north they turn.

    After just shy of a league, the trail comes to a point of interest. A broad wood of young aspens and birches sweeps through this vale. The trees sway softly, their pale branches glimmering in the light. Near the edge of the grove, a forgotten pathway of badly weathered dark stone pokes through the forest floor, leading to a clearing containing a large structure of timeworn stone. Colorful lichens cling to the walls, and most of the slate roof has collapsed inward. Jumbles of great granite blocks lie around the building, half buried beneath the soil and fallen leaves.


    Male Human (Taldane) Ranger 5/Roughrider 3; HP: 85/85; Speed 20'; AC (23/20/19), FF 16, Touch 14; Fort +10, Ref +7, Will: +4

    Some kind of barrow.

    Ham rides AJ towards the structure. He'll dismount about 60' back, lgnite his sword and proceed forward into the structure.

    Liberty's Edge

    Male Halfing Ranger 5/Fighter 2| HP 49/49| AC 21 FF 14 Tch 18 | CMD 22 | F+9 R+10 W+4 | Perc +13 | Init +6

    WP trots behind Ham, and dismounts with him. He pulls his sling staff out of the saddle strap and approaching with caution just to the right the roughrider. He takes a quick look around of danger.

    check for anything living in the area: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17


    Male Dwarf Shaman 8 (HP: 63(+15)/63) | Init: +4 | AC: 17 T: 10, FF: 17 | Perception +6 (+2 vs unusual stonework) | F: +6, R: +4, W: +12 (+2 vs Poison, Spells, Spell-like abilities) | CMB: +6 | CMD: 16 | Stardust 6/6 || Tulia (HP: 31/31) | AC 18 | Perception +10

    Vael gives his familiar a knowing look, and Tulia leaps into the sky to scout around the structure for any outside dangers.
    Tulia flies 50ft above the ground, circling the place. Perception (Take 10) of 20


    Giantslayer | Skull & Shackles |

    Whistle Pig finds nothing on the ground, and Tulia finds nothing from the sky, though she does spy plenty of large flying creatures in the distance (in all directions.)

    No one hears anything either. The building seems abandoned.


    Male Dwarf Shaman 8 (HP: 63(+15)/63) | Init: +4 | AC: 17 T: 10, FF: 17 | Perception +6 (+2 vs unusual stonework) | F: +6, R: +4, W: +12 (+2 vs Poison, Spells, Spell-like abilities) | CMB: +6 | CMD: 16 | Stardust 6/6 || Tulia (HP: 31/31) | AC 18 | Perception +10

    "Let's be quick about explorin' this place. Doesn't seem like tha prisoners were taken here." Vael says, readying his giant spear. He stands 10ft back from Hamilton, making sure Doxon and Ushyle are near the front.

    4,101 to 4,150 of 4,920 << first < prev | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeon Master S's "Giantslayer" AP All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.