Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Dungeon Master S's "Curse of the Crimson Throne"

Game Master Chris Marsh

TACTICAL MAP
Map of Korvosa
Profile of the Castle
XP Tracker
The Choosing
Odric's Holdings

Korvosa Stats:

  • Corruption +2: This is the modifier to all Bluff checks versus officials and stealth checks while out and about (not in buildings.)
  • Crime –2: This is a modifier to all Sense Motive checks versus bluff, and to Sleight of Hand checks to pick pockets.
  • Economy –3: This is the modifier to Craft, Perform, and Profession checks.
  • Law +7: This is the modifier to Intimidate checks made to force an opponent to act friendly, Diplomacy checks against government officials, or Diplomacy checks made to call on the city guard
  • Lore –1: This is the modifier to Diplomacy checks made to gather information and Knowledge checks made using the city's resources to do research when using a library.
  • Society –4: This is the modifier to all Disguise checks, as well as on Diplomacy checks made to alter the attitude of any non-government official.
  • Curfew: From 1800-0600 Stealth is the only travel skill allowed.
  • Initiative:


    • [dice=Baddies]d20+[/dice]
    • [dice=Ferox]d20+10[/dice]
    • [dice=Gaius]d20+3[/dice]
    • [dice=Grym*]d20+13[/dice] (Includes Favored)
    • [dice=Morkeleb]d20+6[/dice]
    • [dice=Odric]d20+4[/dice]
    • [dice=Sandor]d20+8[/dice]


    Perception:

    [list]

  • [dice=Ferox]d20+25[/dice] (Traps +2)
  • ----->[dice=Cricktik]d20+22[/dice]
  • [dice=Gaius*]d20+16[/dice]
  • ----->[dice=Flagg]d20+2[/dice]
  • [dice=Grym**]d20+25[/dice] (Includes Favored)
  • [dice=Morkeleb]d20+0[/dice]
  • [dice=Odric]d20+0[/dice]
  • [dice=Sandor]d20+19[/dice] (+20 to determine if surprised, +21 to notice unusual stonework, not including favored enemy)
  • Door Protocol:

    Ferox, Grym, Gaius, and Bucho listen
    [dice=Perception, Ferox]d20+25[/dice]
    [dice=Perception, Grym]d20+25[/dice] (Includes Favored)
    [dice=Perception, Bucho]d20+11[/dice] Add Favored Enemies
    [dice=Perception, Gaius]d20+18[/dice]

    Gaius then checks for traps
    [dice=Perception, Traps]d20+22[/dice]

    Current Date: 6 Neth 4715


    12,351 to 12,400 of 12,845 << first < prev | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | 250 | 251 | 252 | 253 | next > last >>

    | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Crimson Throne |

    FORT: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27


    | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Crimson Throne |

    Round 1:
    Morkeleb: Wizard Ways
    Grym: ATK
    Baddies: ATK
    Ferox: Go
    Odric: Kill
    Sandor: Hit
    Gaius: Go

    DM:

    Red: 132
    Purple: 50


    Male Half-Elf Unchained Rogue 4/Cleric 11; Trapspotter 22; Init: 5; AC: 31; T: 18; FF: 30; HP: 145/145; Fort 9, Ref 13, Will 11

    Swim:1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1

    Rassa Frassa... Gaius twitches a little more but can't do much else.


    | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Crimson Throne |

    You CAN still cast spells/channel/etc, you just can't get anywhere...

    Round 1:
    Morkeleb: Wizard Ways
    Grym: ATK
    Baddies: ATK
    Ferox: Go
    Odric: Kill
    Sandor: Hit
    Gaius: Spins right round

    DM:

    Red: 132
    Purple: 50


    Active Buffs:
    Per Diem:
    Spells 1st 6/6 | 2nd 6/6 | 3rd 6/6 | 4th 4/4 | 5th 3/3 Judgements 5/5 | Bane 15/15 | Dimesion Hop 150/150
    Male Human Inquisitor 15 | HP 120/120| AC 24 FF 19 Tch 17 | CMD 27 | F+13 R+12 W+13 | Perc +23 | Init +9

    Swim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

    Ferox gets oriented in the water and let's loose a volley at Blue.

    Arrow1: 1d20 + 21 + 1 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 3 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 21 + 1 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 3 - 2 = 22
    Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 1 + 5 + 6 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 + 5 + 6 + (1, 2) = 26
    Manyshot: 1d8 + 7 + 1 + 5 + 6 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 1 + 5 + 6 + (1, 5) = 26

    Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 21 + 1 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 3 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 21 + 1 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 3 - 2 = 24
    Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 1 + 5 + 6 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 + 5 + 6 + (5, 6) = 36

    Arrow1: 1d20 + 16 + 1 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 3 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 16 + 1 + 1 + 3 - 2 - 3 - 2 = 15
    Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 1 + 5 + 6 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 + 5 + 6 + (1, 3) = 25


    Formian Myrmarch HP 104/126| AC 27 FF 22 Tch 16 | CMD 16 | F+11 R+14 W+13 | Perc +18 | Init +8

    Cricktik makes his way slowly along the floor of the chamber and engages Blue.

    sting: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27
    damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 plus poison


    Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 15 Init +6; AC=19; T=16; FF=17; HP 40 / 92

    ROUND 3

    Seeing how Cricktik, Bucho, and Ferox are faring against Blue, Morkeleb turns his gaze north to the 2 monsters still facing Grym & Odric. The wizard sweeps his staff in a large overhead motion, and the magical sword follows suit, hovering over Red before slicing into him.

    Mage's Sword: 1d20 + 14 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 14 + 8 + 3 = 44 <--W000T!! Another CRIT AUTO CONFIRMED!!

    There is a brief glimpse of the Rabbit Prince himself grasping the sword, redirecting the point to pierce the monster's eye!!
    Damage: 8d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 6, 4, 5, 5, 2, 3, 6) + 6 = 42


    | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Crimson Throne |

    This time Ferox gets his bearing enough to perforate the enemy. Arrows sticking out from his neck and torso aren't enough to kill him though! His loyal charge gets a green and warty foot in his pincers! FORT: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 and injects his venom!

    Meanwhile a magic sword appears right by Grym's faceand shears the head off the creature!

    Round 2:
    Morkeleb: Wizard Ways x2
    Grym: Go
    Baddies: TBD
    Ferox: TBD
    Odric: TBD
    Sandor: TBD
    Gaius: TBD

    DM:

    Blue: 125 (Poison)
    Purple: 50


    Male Human Ranger 15, AC 30, HPs 156/180, Int +5, Fort +16, Ref +14, Will +9 (Bucho AC 31 HPs 7/148, Fort +18, Ref +13, Will +8 +4morale)

    Round 2

    Things can change very quickly during a fight. A moment ago the ranger was surrounded and taking hits from three sides. He had put his back to the wall and wasnt sure if he was making a final stand, or float?
    Anyway, suddenly Odric, Sandor, and a giant disembodied sword came to his rescue and very quickly evened the odds. With a deathhead's grin Thorgrym strikes at the final Warty badguy.

    Main attack 1d20 + 21 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 21 + 2 - 2 = 35
    Serethial 1d8 + 15 + 2 + 4d6 ⇒ (4) + 15 + 2 + (5, 3, 3, 1) = 33. BS half damage

    Offhand 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33
    SharkSlayer 1d4 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15 full thrusting damage

    2nd main 1d20 + 21 + 2 - 2 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 21 + 2 - 2 - 5 = 35
    Serethial 1d8 + 15 + 2 + 4d6 ⇒ (4) + 15 + 2 + (5, 2, 5, 6) = 39. BS half damage

    2nd offhand 1d20 + 18 - 5 ⇒ (17) + 18 - 5 = 30
    SharkSlayer 1d4 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17. Full thrust damage

    Extra Rend damage if both weapons hit 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

    *threatening crit! 1d20 + 21 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 21 + 2 - 2 = 23
    Extra damage 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17 BS half damage


    Male Human Ranger 15, AC 30, HPs 156/180, Int +5, Fort +16, Ref +14, Will +9 (Bucho AC 31 HPs 7/148, Fort +18, Ref +13, Will +8 +4morale)

    Round 2

    The big brindle dog awkwardly rotates in the water to bite at his last Warty foe.

    Swim 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

    Main attack 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29
    Jaws of underwater biting 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17

    Second attack 1d20 + 18 - 5 ⇒ (7) + 18 - 5 = 20
    Underwater biting jaws 1d8 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17


    | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Crimson Throne |

    Grym and Bucho combine to slay the remaining resistance.

    The water is red with blood, but the only dead are the enemy.

    For slaying the party of boggard champions each member of the Upturned Cup earns 9,600 XP.


    Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 15 Init +6; AC=19; T=16; FF=17; HP 40 / 92

    Do any of them have anything worth looting?


    Male Human Ranger 15, AC 30, HPs 156/180, Int +5, Fort +16, Ref +14, Will +9 (Bucho AC 31 HPs 7/148, Fort +18, Ref +13, Will +8 +4morale)

    A hard fight won. The ranger concentrates for just a moment on his link w/ Serethial. Then the sword's healing magic comes pouring through the grip.

    CMW's 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (1, 8) + 10 = 19
    2d8 + 10 ⇒ (8, 1) + 10 = 19
    2d8 + 10 ⇒ (7, 1) + 10 = 18


    Male Human Ranger 15, AC 30, HPs 156/180, Int +5, Fort +16, Ref +14, Will +9 (Bucho AC 31 HPs 7/148, Fort +18, Ref +13, Will +8 +4morale)

    Still not quite up to par, Grym pulls out the CLWs Wand. He and Bucho each get several hits with it.

    Bucho
    CLWs five uses 5d8 + 5 ⇒ (4, 6, 6, 3, 5) + 5 = 29

    Grym
    CLWs seven uses 7d8 + 7 ⇒ (3, 8, 2, 6, 4, 3, 4) + 7 = 37

    After his healing Grym and Bucho each keep guard.
    The rest of the party loots the dead and searches the room.

    They were armed with underwater clubs?


    Male Vindicator, Savior of Korvosa, and Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
    The Kegerator:
    Pwr Atk (FF): [dice]1d20+27[/dice] for [dice]1d10+14+9[/dice] damage and [dice=Intimidate DC 10+Target HD+Target Wis Mod]1d20+25[/dice].
    Murder Hobo/15 Init:+4 | AC:26, T:15, FF:24, DR 4/- | HP: 149/219 | THAC0:5
    Crunch & Per Diem:
    Fort: +15, Ref: +11, Will +9/+14 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +5 - FAME:27/42 - Train 1 hr/day on Staggering Crit

    Special piercing clubs.


    | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Crimson Throne |

    Morkeleb discovers that the clubs are more than specially modified clubs for underwater combat, they're enchanted! Each is +1 thundering greatclubs It's the only thing they have of note though.


    3 people marked this as a favorite.
    Male Vindicator, Savior of Korvosa, and Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
    The Kegerator:
    Pwr Atk (FF): [dice]1d20+27[/dice] for [dice]1d10+14+9[/dice] damage and [dice=Intimidate DC 10+Target HD+Target Wis Mod]1d20+25[/dice].
    Murder Hobo/15 Init:+4 | AC:26, T:15, FF:24, DR 4/- | HP: 149/219 | THAC0:5
    Crunch & Per Diem:
    Fort: +15, Ref: +11, Will +9/+14 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +5 - FAME:27/42 - Train 1 hr/day on Staggering Crit
    Dungeon Master S wrote:
    thundering greatclub

    Odric considers building a members-only annex to the Keg & Eagle named this...


    Active Buffs:
    Per Diem:
    Spells 1st 6/6 | 2nd 6/6 | 3rd 6/6 | 4th 4/4 | 5th 3/3 Judgements 5/5 | Bane 15/15 | Dimesion Hop 150/150
    Male Human Inquisitor 15 | HP 120/120| AC 24 FF 19 Tch 17 | CMD 27 | F+13 R+12 W+13 | Perc +23 | Init +9

    The party slowly proceeds north, eager to get out of this environment.

    Ferox: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (2) + 25 = 27
    ----->Cricktik: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (14) + 22 = 36
    Gaius*: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34 (Traps +2)
    ----->Flagg: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
    Grym**: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (17) + 25 = 42 (Includes Favored)
    Morkeleb: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12
    Odric: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
    Sandor: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 33 (+20 to determine if surprised, +21 to notice unusual stonework, not including favored enemy)


    | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Crimson Throne |

    The party slowly makes their way north. The hallway is long, and you can't help but think that it would be fatal if something happened to your spell of water breathing...

    This ancient square room is littered with pottery shards and fragments of rusted metal, which form a pile in the eastern portion of the chamber. The northwest wall is decorated with a large mosaic depicting a lynx on a dark background surrounded by floating globes of light.


    Male Dwarf Fighter 13 Urban Ranger 2 AC=32 (CMD base 34+ specials); T=16; FF=24; HP 161/162; Init+8; Per +19; +18F+12R+8W

    The map looks wonky to me, only see character pogs and nothing else.

    Sandor remembers the last animal / nature mosaic they were in. It was owned by a Rakasha. None the less he goes checks out the mosaic closer checking it for any secret passages. Before he touches it, he askes through Cricktik if it's magical.


    | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Crimson Throne |

    There is no zoomed tactical map, only the overhead on the left. Due to the 10' squares it's easier to just use that and zoom in when needed. I've added a "You are here" sprite on the tactical map.

    Sandor checks the mosaic out, but doesn't find anything particular about it (including magic.) Nice throw back to the Rakshasa!


    Active Buffs:
    Per Diem:
    Spells 1st 6/6 | 2nd 6/6 | 3rd 6/6 | 4th 4/4 | 5th 3/3 Judgements 5/5 | Bane 15/15 | Dimesion Hop 150/150
    Male Human Inquisitor 15 | HP 120/120| AC 24 FF 19 Tch 17 | CMD 27 | F+13 R+12 W+13 | Perc +23 | Init +9

    The party heads east.

    Ferox: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (17) + 24 = 41
    ----->Cricktik: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (9) + 22 = 31 (Traps +2)
    Gaius*: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32
    ----->Flagg: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
    Grym**: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (7) + 25 = 32 (Includes Favored)
    Morkeleb: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
    Odric: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
    Sandor: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 33 (+20 to determine if surprised, +21 to notice unusual stonework, not including favored enemy)


    | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Crimson Throne |

    The party carefully moves east...

    The walls and ceiling of this silt-floored chamber are crossed by hairline cracks. An archway in the southwest ceiling opens into a steeply angled shaft that leads upward.


    Male Dwarf Fighter 13 Urban Ranger 2 AC=32 (CMD base 34+ specials); T=16; FF=24; HP 161/162; Init+8; Per +19; +18F+12R+8W

    Perception+stonework: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (4) + 22 = 26
    Engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


    | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Crimson Throne |

    Sandor checks the cracks, but finds nothing out of the ordinary. They're not large enough to present a structural danger, nor are they wide enough for anything even the size of a minnow through.


    Male Vindicator, Savior of Korvosa, and Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
    The Kegerator:
    Pwr Atk (FF): [dice]1d20+27[/dice] for [dice]1d10+14+9[/dice] damage and [dice=Intimidate DC 10+Target HD+Target Wis Mod]1d20+25[/dice].
    Murder Hobo/15 Init:+4 | AC:26, T:15, FF:24, DR 4/- | HP: 149/219 | THAC0:5
    Crunch & Per Diem:
    Fort: +15, Ref: +11, Will +9/+14 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +5 - FAME:27/42 - Train 1 hr/day on Staggering Crit
    Dungeon Master S wrote:
    There is no zoomed tactical map, only the overhead on the left. Due to the 10' squares it's easier to just use that and zoom in when needed. I've added a "You are here" sprite on the tactical map.

    Odric finds a small inscription on the wall beside what might have been a broom before time and algae claimed it. Squinting he peers at it in the murky light and tries to make out what seems to be an ancient tongue.... he sounds it out slowly, "tceles... b... hsup" and turns to Morkeleb quizzically for a translation if the wizard is able.


    | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Crimson Throne |
    Odric the Stout wrote:
    Dungeon Master S wrote:
    There is no zoomed tactical map, only the overhead on the left. Due to the 10' squares it's easier to just use that and zoom in when needed. I've added a "You are here" sprite on the tactical map.
    Odric finds a small inscription on the wall beside what might have been a broom before time and algae claimed it. Squinting he peers at it in the murky light and tries to make out what seems to be an ancient tongue.... he sounds it out slowly, "tceles... b... hsup" and turns to Morkeleb quizzically for a translation if the wizard is able.

    Odric has A VISION


    Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 15 Init +6; AC=19; T=16; FF=17; HP 40 / 92

    Moving slightly south...what is the nature of the different colored stone/floor? Any other way out aside from around the passage back whence we came?


    Male Human Ranger 15, AC 30, HPs 156/180, Int +5, Fort +16, Ref +14, Will +9 (Bucho AC 31 HPs 7/148, Fort +18, Ref +13, Will +8 +4morale)
    Morkeleb the Mighty wrote:
    Moving slightly south...what is the nature of the different colored stone/floor? Any other way out aside from around the passage back whence we came?

    We check for secret doors on the south wall where we think there should be a room or at least more hallway.

    Perception, Ferox1d20 + 24 ⇒ (16) + 24 = 40
    Gaius 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29
    Grym 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (14) + 25 = 39
    Sandor 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (9) + 21 = 30

    Or is there a pattern in the mosiac that will help us find the hidden passage?

    The wizard puts his powerful intellect on it.


    | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Crimson Throne |

    The difference in the tile is an indication that there's a shaft up a floor. Will update soon.

    There seems to be nothing hidden.

    -Posted with Wayfinder


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male Vindicator, Savior of Korvosa, and Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
    The Kegerator:
    Pwr Atk (FF): [dice]1d20+27[/dice] for [dice]1d10+14+9[/dice] damage and [dice=Intimidate DC 10+Target HD+Target Wis Mod]1d20+25[/dice].
    Murder Hobo/15 Init:+4 | AC:26, T:15, FF:24, DR 4/- | HP: 149/219 | THAC0:5
    Crunch & Per Diem:
    Fort: +15, Ref: +11, Will +9/+14 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +5 - FAME:27/42 - Train 1 hr/day on Staggering Crit

    As long as there's no shafts up the back door we're good.


    Male Human Ranger 15, AC 30, HPs 156/180, Int +5, Fort +16, Ref +14, Will +9 (Bucho AC 31 HPs 7/148, Fort +18, Ref +13, Will +8 +4morale)
    Dungeon Master S wrote:

    The difference in the tile is an indication that there's a shaft up a floor. Will update soon.

    There seems to be nothing hidden.

    -Posted with Wayfinder

    I misunderstood the earlier posts. So besides heading back the way we came to search. We can also swim up into a somewhat vertical shaft.

    Via Criktik's telepathy Grym asks if we have time to go back and search on this level. Grym clearly wants to.


    | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Crimson Throne |

    Which way heroes?


    Active Buffs:
    Per Diem:
    Spells 1st 6/6 | 2nd 6/6 | 3rd 6/6 | 4th 4/4 | 5th 3/3 Judgements 5/5 | Bane 15/15 | Dimesion Hop 150/150
    Male Human Inquisitor 15 | HP 120/120| AC 24 FF 19 Tch 17 | CMD 27 | F+13 R+12 W+13 | Perc +23 | Init +9

    Via Cricktik, While I've hated every minute of our being underwater here, I have to agree with Grym. I'd rather fully explore down here and not have any surprises catch us from behind. Plus, we don't know the full nature of this complex and anything we leave unexplored might be something important to knowing more about this place or what Ileosa is up to.


    Active Buffs:
    Per Diem:
    Spells 1st 6/6 | 2nd 6/6 | 3rd 6/6 | 4th 4/4 | 5th 3/3 Judgements 5/5 | Bane 15/15 | Dimesion Hop 150/150
    Male Human Inquisitor 15 | HP 120/120| AC 24 FF 19 Tch 17 | CMD 27 | F+13 R+12 W+13 | Perc +23 | Init +9

    Barring any further dissent, the party swims back around to explore the center of the floor here.

    Ferox: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (18) + 24 = 42
    ----->Cricktik: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (11) + 22 = 33
    Gaius*: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18 (Traps +2)
    ----->Flagg: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
    Grym**: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (5) + 25 = 30 (Includes Favored)
    Morkeleb: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
    Odric: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8
    Sandor: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (15) + 19 = 34 (+20 to determine if surprised, +21 to notice unusual stonework, not including favored enemy)


    | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Crimson Throne |

    A fifteen-foot-diameter crystal globe hangs between two square pillars in this room, connected to them by thousands of glittering crystalline filaments. A crystal tube extends up from the eastern side of the sphere through a hole in the ceiling. Inside the sphere is a staggering amount of treasure: coins, gems, art objects, rolled-up tapestries, bars of precious metal, and more.


    Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 15 Init +6; AC=19; T=16; FF=17; HP 40 / 92

    First, please note: I'm trying to keep track of time as best I can. If Morkeleb thinks they're anywhere near 3/4 of the way through the spell (1.5 hours), he'll cast again.

    Second...wow. That's neat. What is the nature of this...construct?

    know (Arcana): 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (2) + 25 = 27


    | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Crimson Throne |

    It looks like it's simply magically hardened crystal... There doesn't look like a way in or out though.

    Morkeleb thinks that the spell is reaching the end, and tht he should recast.


    Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 15 Init +6; AC=19; T=16; FF=17; HP 40 / 92

    Recast. Through Cricktik: that is my last prepared Water Breathing spell. I can cast another if necessary, but would prefer to use that contingency for something else.

    This treasure is something we can note, and come back to, later.


    Male Human Ranger 15, AC 30, HPs 156/180, Int +5, Fort +16, Ref +14, Will +9 (Bucho AC 31 HPs 7/148, Fort +18, Ref +13, Will +8 +4morale)
    Dungeon Master S wrote:
    A fifteen-foot-diameter crystal globe hangs between two square pillars in this room, connected to them by thousands of glittering crystalline filaments. A crystal tube extends up from the eastern side of the sphere through a hole in the ceiling. Inside the sphere is a staggering amount of treasure: coins, gems, art objects, rolled-up tapestries, bars of precious metal, and more.

    Does it look like it is dry on the inside where the treasure is?

    Could this be a treasure vault? As in far above, (where its dry), they drop treasure down this shoot and it lands here. Pretty safe underwater w/ all these nasty creatures swimming around.

    Unless someone has a good idea of getting inside and going up the dry shaft to strike from with in... Then Grym thinks we should go back around and swim up the vertical shaft.

    DM, have we explored everything on the map? You still have part of it covered


    Active Buffs:
    Per Diem:
    Spells 1st 6/6 | 2nd 6/6 | 3rd 6/6 | 4th 4/4 | 5th 3/3 Judgements 5/5 | Bane 15/15 | Dimesion Hop 150/150
    Male Human Inquisitor 15 | HP 120/120| AC 24 FF 19 Tch 17 | CMD 27 | F+13 R+12 W+13 | Perc +23 | Init +9

    I think the uncovered part is where we currently are with the treasure.

    I could potentially teleport us into the sphere. Getting up would be another issue. Is the tube even big enough to fit one of us? Maybe gaseous form? Do we have any potions?

    I was thinking... All of this treasure... where did she get it? It's possible it's plundered from Castle Korvosa. It was supposed to have a treasure vault, right? But I don't recall finding any big hoard. And she would have definitely had access. If she moved her base of operations here, she could have moved all the treasure from the castle here, too. In which case, this isn't our treasure to plunder. It should be returned to Korvosa.


    Male Vindicator, Savior of Korvosa, and Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
    The Kegerator:
    Pwr Atk (FF): [dice]1d20+27[/dice] for [dice]1d10+14+9[/dice] damage and [dice=Intimidate DC 10+Target HD+Target Wis Mod]1d20+25[/dice].
    Murder Hobo/15 Init:+4 | AC:26, T:15, FF:24, DR 4/- | HP: 149/219 | THAC0:5
    Crunch & Per Diem:
    Fort: +15, Ref: +11, Will +9/+14 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +5 - FAME:27/42 - Train 1 hr/day on Staggering Crit

    Odric is reminded of a mousetrap, baited with delicious cheese. He can't help but gaze with avaricious longing at the fabulous wealth before him, but his thoughts keep creeping back to the beady, black, lifeless eyes of an intrepid mouse who died with the cheese clutched between its tiny little paws.


    Active Buffs:
    Per Diem:
    Spells 1st 6/6 | 2nd 6/6 | 3rd 6/6 | 4th 4/4 | 5th 3/3 Judgements 5/5 | Bane 15/15 | Dimesion Hop 150/150
    Male Human Inquisitor 15 | HP 120/120| AC 24 FF 19 Tch 17 | CMD 27 | F+13 R+12 W+13 | Perc +23 | Init +9

    The party makes its way back to the ramp and proceeds up into the bowels of the Queen


    | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Crimson Throne |

    The tube is large enough to pass through in gaseous form. It's also dry inside.

    To back up Ferox's thought, the coins you can see are all of Korvoson minting and there is a fair amount of art in their too.


    Male Human Ranger 15, AC 30, HPs 156/180, Int +5, Fort +16, Ref +14, Will +9 (Bucho AC 31 HPs 7/148, Fort +18, Ref +13, Will +8 +4morale)
    Ferox Kerr wrote:
    The party makes its way back to the ramp and proceeds up into the bowels of the Queen

    Grym agrees w/ this. He swims point, keeping senses sharp.


    | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Crimson Throne |

    The party swims upward. The tilt of the pyramid suggests that you might be near the surface if you go left.

    Overhead map updated.


    Male Vindicator, Savior of Korvosa, and Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
    The Kegerator:
    Pwr Atk (FF): [dice]1d20+27[/dice] for [dice]1d10+14+9[/dice] damage and [dice=Intimidate DC 10+Target HD+Target Wis Mod]1d20+25[/dice].
    Murder Hobo/15 Init:+4 | AC:26, T:15, FF:24, DR 4/- | HP: 149/219 | THAC0:5
    Crunch & Per Diem:
    Fort: +15, Ref: +11, Will +9/+14 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +5 - FAME:27/42 - Train 1 hr/day on Staggering Crit

    The group goes to the right after some gestured deliberation.

    Odric feels a pinching, tickling, movement at the back of his neck. He swipes away at the annoyance unconsciously, causing eddy and a few bubbles in the gloom. His hand touches a chitinous spine and he starts scrambling madly to brush or smash whatever it is away from him. The panic that swelled up was intense for a moment, but it was alleviated a moment later.

    With a smirk, Ferox picked at a root or branch that had snaked it's way through some stonework and into Odric's mullet. The smirk was without mirth, though. Ferox peered into the distance trying to detect and movement or changes in lighting that might reveal a foe.

    With a nervous sigh, Odric joined Grym in the vanguard and started down the hallway.


    | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Crimson Throne |

    The mullet strikes again!

    The walls of this flooded square chamber are thick with reddish algae. Dozens of light yellow tadpoles the size of a human hand swim in all directions throughout the room. You can see surface in this room. It's 35' of water, but there's 15' of air at the top!


    Male Human Ranger 15, AC 30, HPs 156/180, Int +5, Fort +16, Ref +14, Will +9 (Bucho AC 31 HPs 7/148, Fort +18, Ref +13, Will +8 +4morale)
    Dungeon Master S wrote:

    The mullet strikes again!

    The walls of this flooded square chamber are thick with reddish algae. Dozens of light yellow tadpoles the size of a human hand swim in all directions throughout the room. You can see surface in this room. It's 35' of water, but there's 15' of air at the top!

    Tadpoles the size of a human hand... Grym ponders this for only a moment before he realizes they will probably grow up into ginormous frogs.

    Via Criktik, There are probably some huge frogs around here somewhere.
    The ranger doesn't like the look of the thick reddish algae. It could be concealing anything.
    He stops the party from entering any further into the chamber. I think there is something hiding in this thick algae.


    Male Human Ranger 15, AC 30, HPs 156/180, Int +5, Fort +16, Ref +14, Will +9 (Bucho AC 31 HPs 7/148, Fort +18, Ref +13, Will +8 +4morale)

    The ranger is scanning for hidden danger
    perception 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (7) + 25 = 32

    He signals Bucho to come forward and sniff out anything hidden in the algae ScentPerception 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 20 = 37

    12,351 to 12,400 of 12,845 << first < prev | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | 250 | 251 | 252 | 253 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sfounder's Curse of the Crimson Throne PbP All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
    Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

    Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.