Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Dungeon Master S's "Curse of the Crimson Throne" (Inactive)

Game Master Chris Marsh

Completed Final Post

  • Grym
  • Sandor
  • Morkeleb
  • Gaius
  • Ferox
  • Odric


  • 12,151 to 12,200 of 13,019 << first < prev | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | next > last >>

    Active Buffs:
    Per Diem:
    Spells 1st 6/6 | 2nd 6/6 | 3rd 0/6 | 4th 3/4 | 5th 3/3 Judgements 5/5 | Bane 15/15 | Dimesion Hop 150/150
    Male Human Inquisitor 15 | HP 108/120| AC 24 FF 19 Tch 17 | CMD 27 | F+13 R+12 W+13 | Perc +23 | Init +9

    Will: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28

    Round 2

    Not having a clear shot at the caster, Ferox decides to focus on the wounded giant (Yellow). If Yellow drops, he'll try for the caster.

    Arrow1: 1d20 + 21 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (7) + 21 + 2 - 5 = 25
    Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2d6 + 2 + 4d6 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 7 + (3, 5) + 2 + (5, 5, 5, 4) + 6 = 50
    Manyshot: 1d8 + 7 + 2d6 + 2 + 4d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 7 + (1, 1) + 2 + (3, 2, 1, 3) + 6 = 27

    Rapidshot: 1d20 + 21 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (17) + 21 + 2 - 5 = 35
    Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2d6 + 2 + 4d6 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 7 + (2, 5) + 2 + (1, 6, 3, 6) + 6 = 45
    Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 74

    Arrow2: 1d20 + 16 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (3) + 16 + 2 - 5 = 16
    Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2d6 + 2 + 4d6 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 7 + (4, 6) + 2 + (4, 1, 4, 4) + 6 = 46
    Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 1


    Formian Myrmarch HP 104/126| AC 27 FF 22 Tch 16 | CMD 16 | F+11 R+14 W+13 | Perc +18 | Init +8

    Round 2

    Cricktick moves forward and throws another javelin at Yellow.

    Javelin: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20
    Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 plus poison


    Male Half-Elf Unchained Rogue 4/Cleric 11; Trapspotter 22; Init: 5; AC: 31; T: 18; FF: 30; HP: 145/122; Fort 9, Ref 13, Will 11

    Gaius lashes out from the shadows with Flagg, channeling negative energy into the lash.

    1d20 + 17 ⇒ (9) + 17 = 26 Vs. Green from stealth.

    Damage on Hit:1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4+Sneak Attack:2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3+Negative Energy:4d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 1, 4) = 12

    Then quicker than the eye, he's off and hiding

    Stealth:1d20 + 21 ⇒ (6) + 21 = 27


    | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Solstice Scar | Skull & Shackles |

    Ferox's opening volley strikes the giant in the face and neck, dropping it into the fen.

    The other arrows both miss and hit the leader of the giants. It doesn't seemed overly injured from the attack.

    Gaius explodes from hiding, nailing the giant with everything he and Flagg have to offer, and like *that* he's gone again.

    Round 2:
    Ferox: Kill
    Grym: Buff
    Odric: Go
    Gaius: Hit
    Sandor: Hit
    Giants: TBD
    Morkeleb: TBD

    DM:

    Cleric: 45
    Green: 44
    Black: Irresistible Demand


    Male Vindicator, Savior of Korvosa, and Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
    The Kegerator:
    Pwr Atk (FF): [dice]1d20+27[/dice] for [dice]1d10+14+9[/dice] damage and [dice=Intimidate DC 10+Target HD+Target Wis Mod]1d20+25[/dice].
    Murder Hobo/15 Init:+4 | AC:26, T:15, FF:24, DR 4/- | HP: 149/219 | THAC0:5
    Crunch & Per Diem:
    Fort: +15, Ref: +11, Will +9/+14 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +5 - FAME:27/42 - Train 1 hr/day on Staggering Crit

    Sorry for the delay I've been building stuff and working.

    Odric sprints across the top of the marshy water, his feet slapping on the mud and filthy slime only to spring ahead without so much as sinking in at all. With Grym's magic somehow keeping him above the sucking ooze, Odric makes straight for the nearest Giant. With his supernatural ability to seemingly float over the water, Odric tries to slip through the Giant's flailing attacks Acrobatics through reach threat: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 and scootsinside the foe's defenses with the Kegerator in his furry grip!

    Round the Power Attack (Furious Focus) with The Kegerator: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (15) + 28 = 43 for 1d10 + 14 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 14 + 9 = 25 damage and Intimidate DC 10+Target HD+Target's Wisdom Modifier: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (20) + 25 = 45.

    Confirm: Power Attack with The Kegerator: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (10) + 28 = 38 for 1d10 + 14 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 14 + 9 = 25 damage.


    | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Solstice Scar | Skull & Shackles |

    I hate to break it to you Odric but it's 30' pf movement just to get out of the storm, so closing is a double move. You want to go again?


    Male Vindicator, Savior of Korvosa, and Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
    The Kegerator:
    Pwr Atk (FF): [dice]1d20+27[/dice] for [dice]1d10+14+9[/dice] damage and [dice=Intimidate DC 10+Target HD+Target Wis Mod]1d20+25[/dice].
    Murder Hobo/15 Init:+4 | AC:26, T:15, FF:24, DR 4/- | HP: 149/219 | THAC0:5
    Crunch & Per Diem:
    Fort: +15, Ref: +11, Will +9/+14 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +5 - FAME:27/42 - Train 1 hr/day on Staggering Crit

    Oh. I thought feather step negated all that.


    Male Human Ranger 17, AC 30, HPs 202/202, Int +5, Fort +17, Ref +15, Will +9 (Bucho AC 31 HPs 175/175, Fort +18, Ref +13, Will +8 +4morale)
    Odric the Stout wrote:
    Oh. I thought feather step negated all that.

    Featherstep negates difficult terrain. 5 squares of movement, 25'


    | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Solstice Scar | Skull & Shackles |

    I forgot about feather step! will update when I get to keyboard.

    -Posted with Wayfinder


    | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Solstice Scar | Skull & Shackles |

    Odric dashes over the soggy ground with ease, and tries to tumble his way inside the giant's guard, but the grotesque thing isn't fooled:

    AoO: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35 the giant's gaff hook snags Odric on the deltoid for DMG: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (4, 3) + 12 = 19. It's not enough to stop or even slow the man. Odric's swing with the kegerator would have felled a dire bear! Indeed the giant's entrails spill into the ground, steaming, but it fights on! It swings twice with the gaff hook in retaliation:

    Foreswing: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (17) + 16 = 33 for DMG: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (4, 4) + 12 = 20
    Backswing: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25 miss

    The other giant turns on his leader!

    Foreswing: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27 MISS
    Backswing: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29 for DMG: 2d6 + 12 ⇒ (4, 2) + 12 = 18

    The leader roars in fury at the treachery. With practiced calm he beseeches Dagon to aid him. From the swamps arise a swarm of angry wasps! The wasps sting and distract all inside (Sandor and Odric). Both heroes take DMG: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8 and need to make both a Will and a Fort save!

    Round 2:
    Ferox: Kill
    Grym: Buff
    Odric: Hit
    Gaius: Hit
    Sandor: Hit
    Giants: ATK!
    Morkeleb: Go

    DM:

    Cleric: 63
    Green: 94
    Black: Irresistible Demand


    Male Vindicator, Savior of Korvosa, and Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
    The Kegerator:
    Pwr Atk (FF): [dice]1d20+27[/dice] for [dice]1d10+14+9[/dice] damage and [dice=Intimidate DC 10+Target HD+Target Wis Mod]1d20+25[/dice].
    Murder Hobo/15 Init:+4 | AC:26, T:15, FF:24, DR 4/- | HP: 149/219 | THAC0:5
    Crunch & Per Diem:
    Fort: +15, Ref: +11, Will +9/+14 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +5 - FAME:27/42 - Train 1 hr/day on Staggering Crit

    Saving Throw Fort: 1d20 ⇒ 15

    Modifiers:
    Odric: (Fortitude: +15 / Reflex: +9 / Will: +7, +11 vs. Fear) Vojtek: (Fortitude: +9, +10 vs. Cold / Reflex: +4, +5 vs. Cold, +6 vs. Traps / Will: +3, +4 vs. Cold, +6 vs. Fear, Paralysis, and Sleep) Raging Vojtek: (Fortitude: +12, +13 vs. Cold / Reflex: +4, +5 vs. Cold, +6 vs. Traps / Will: +3, +4 vs. Cold, +6 vs. Fear, Paralysis, and Sleep)
    =30

    Saving Throw Will: 1d20 ⇒ 16

    Modifiers:
    Odric: (Fortitude: +15 / Reflex: +9 / Will: +7, +11 vs. Fear) Vojtek: (Fortitude: +9, +10 vs. Cold / Reflex: +4, +5 vs. Cold, +6 vs. Traps / Will: +3, +4 vs. Cold, +6 vs. Fear, Paralysis, and Sleep) Raging Vojtek: (Fortitude: +12, +13 vs. Cold / Reflex: +4, +5 vs. Cold, +6 vs. Traps / Will: +3, +4 vs. Cold, +6 vs. Fear, Paralysis, and Sleep)
    =23/27vs. Fear


    Male Dwarf Fighter 15 Urban Ranger 2 AC=32 (CMD base 37+ specials); T=16; FF=29; HP 183/183; Init+8; Per +22; +18F+14R+9W

    Saves in order as requested

    Will Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
    Fort Save: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20

    (Immune to possession and mental control (including charm and compulsion effects like command and charm person), +3 vs. fear); +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities


    Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 15 Init +6; AC=19; T=16; FF=17; HP 23 / 92

    POINT OF ORDER: I did specifically command the giant to grapple the leader...does that change anything?

    In any case, maintain command of giant. Command to grapple leader. Will D.C. 26 to shake


    | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Solstice Scar | Skull & Shackles |

    It DOES change things. I missed grapple and went with attack. The giant's swarm tactic wouldn't change, even if grappled (and he can't fail the Concentration.) The grapple attempt would fail.

    Sandor and Odric both maintain their composure (and breakfast) inside the swarm, even as the bites add up.

    Meanwhile Morkeleb continues to dominate the giant WILL: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27, but this time the giant throws off the mental shackles!

    Round 3:
    Ferox: Go
    Grym: Go
    Odric: Go
    Gaius: Go
    Sandor: Go

    Giants: TBD
    Morkeleb: TBD

    DM:

    Cleric: 45
    Green: 94
    Black: Irresistible Demand


    Male Vindicator, Savior of Korvosa, and Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
    The Kegerator:
    Pwr Atk (FF): [dice]1d20+27[/dice] for [dice]1d10+14+9[/dice] damage and [dice=Intimidate DC 10+Target HD+Target Wis Mod]1d20+25[/dice].
    Murder Hobo/15 Init:+4 | AC:26, T:15, FF:24, DR 4/- | HP: 149/219 | THAC0:5
    Crunch & Per Diem:
    Fort: +15, Ref: +11, Will +9/+14 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +5 - FAME:27/42 - Train 1 hr/day on Staggering Crit

    Is Odric still in the swarm? If he takes 5' west it looks like he's still in it... is that right?


    | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Solstice Scar | Skull & Shackles |
    Odric the Stout wrote:
    Is Odric still in the swarm? If he takes 5' west it looks like he's still in it... is that right?

    Yes sir.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Male Vindicator, Savior of Korvosa, and Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
    The Kegerator:
    Pwr Atk (FF): [dice]1d20+27[/dice] for [dice]1d10+14+9[/dice] damage and [dice=Intimidate DC 10+Target HD+Target Wis Mod]1d20+25[/dice].
    Murder Hobo/15 Init:+4 | AC:26, T:15, FF:24, DR 4/- | HP: 149/219 | THAC0:5
    Crunch & Per Diem:
    Fort: +15, Ref: +11, Will +9/+14 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +5 - FAME:27/42 - Train 1 hr/day on Staggering Crit

    F it. Death or glory

    Round the Third

    Odric stoically ignores the insanely huge stinging wasps, despite large bloody welts rising all over his face and arms. The Kegerator will not be denied!

    5 foot, full attack. Power Attack (Furious Focus) with The Kegerator: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (8) + 28 = 36 for 1d10 + 14 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 14 + 9 = 30 damage and Intimidate DC 10+Target HD+Target's Wisdom Modifier: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (15) + 25 = 40.

    Power Attack with The Kegerator: 1d20 + 28 - 2 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 28 - 2 - 5 = 31 for 1d10 + 14 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 14 + 9 = 25 damage and Intimidate DC 10+Target HD+Target's Wisdom Modifier: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (12) + 25 = 37.

    Power Attack with The Kegerator: 1d20 + 28 - 2 - 10 ⇒ (20) + 28 - 2 - 10 = 36 for 1d10 + 14 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 14 + 9 = 32 damage and Intimidate DC 10+Target HD+Target's Wisdom Modifier: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (13) + 25 = 38.

    Saving Throw Fort: 1d20 ⇒ 9

    Modifiers:
    Odric: (Fortitude: +15 / Reflex: +9 / Will: +7, +11 vs. Fear) Vojtek: (Fortitude: +9, +10 vs. Cold / Reflex: +4, +5 vs. Cold, +6 vs. Traps / Will: +3, +4 vs. Cold, +6 vs. Fear, Paralysis, and Sleep) Raging Vojtek: (Fortitude: +12, +13 vs. Cold / Reflex: +4, +5 vs. Cold, +6 vs. Traps / Will: +3, +4 vs. Cold, +6 vs. Fear, Paralysis, and Sleep)

    =24

    Saving Throw Will : 1d20 ⇒ 7

    Modifiers:
    Odric: (Fortitude: +15 / Reflex: +9 / Will: +7, +11 vs. Fear) Vojtek: (Fortitude: +9, +10 vs. Cold / Reflex: +4, +5 vs. Cold, +6 vs. Traps / Will: +3, +4 vs. Cold, +6 vs. Fear, Paralysis, and Sleep) Raging Vojtek: (Fortitude: +12, +13 vs. Cold / Reflex: +4, +5 vs. Cold, +6 vs. Traps / Will: +3, +4 vs. Cold, +6 vs. Fear, Paralysis, and Sleep)

    =17

    Confirm
    Power Attack with The Kegerator: 1d20 + 28 - 2 - 10 ⇒ (5) + 28 - 2 - 10 = 21 for 1d10 + 14 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 14 + 9 = 30 damage and Intimidate DC 10+Target HD+Target's Wisdom Modifier: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (7) + 25 = 32.


    Male Human Ranger 17, AC 30, HPs 202/202, Int +5, Fort +17, Ref +15, Will +9 (Bucho AC 31 HPs 175/175, Fort +18, Ref +13, Will +8 +4morale)

    Round 3

    Grym gives Bucho the handsignal to move forward to attack. The dog has some trouble with the difficult terrain but manages to bound up and down through the thicker/deeper/nastier spots of the marsh. The big canine should be able to bring teeth to bear on the next round.

    The ranger activates the flying enchantment in his armor and keeping just out of the wasp swarm streaks toward the black giant in a flying fleche.

    Charge Attack 1d20 + 21 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 21 + 2 = 43
    Serethial 1d8 + 15 + 4d6 ⇒ (5) + 15 + (6, 3, 2, 6) = 37

    threat! 1d20 + 21 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 21 + 2 = 28
    Serethial 1d8 + 15 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 15 + (4, 4) = 28

    not sure if flying skill is needed
    fly 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


    | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Solstice Scar | Skull & Shackles |

    Will update tomorrow. Grym this is a wandering monster encounter, and they are not the subject of the Swords purpose.

    -Posted with Wayfinder


    Male Human Ranger 17, AC 30, HPs 202/202, Int +5, Fort +17, Ref +15, Will +9 (Bucho AC 31 HPs 175/175, Fort +18, Ref +13, Will +8 +4morale)
    Dungeon Master S wrote:

    Will update tomorrow. Grym this is a wandering monster encounter, and they are not the subject of the Swords purpose.

    -Posted with Wayfinder

    Direct, Only 2d6 rather than 4d6.


    | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Solstice Scar | Skull & Shackles |

    Odric lets the wasps sting him over and over again. He focuses instead at the death the giant might bring, fighting with all of his might. Prepared for the worst, he's a bit shocked when his first swing fells the giant. The massive splash at the ground in front of him does nothing to stave off the swarm unfortunately.

    It's a standard action to activate the Armor's fly ability. You only use Fly checks when trying to pull off maneuvers like hovering in place. It sucks because it's difficult terrain in places, making you unable to charge. I'll leave it up to you what you want to do. (IT sucks because it's a confirmed crit, but there's no way to get there. You can keep the rolls if you want to do a different attack.)

    Round 3:
    Ferox: Go
    Grym: Go

    Odric: Kill
    Gaius: Go
    Sandor: Go

    Giants: TBD
    Morkeleb: TBD

    DM:

    Cleric: 45
    Black: Irresistible Demand


    Male Vindicator, Savior of Korvosa, and Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
    The Kegerator:
    Pwr Atk (FF): [dice]1d20+27[/dice] for [dice]1d10+14+9[/dice] damage and [dice=Intimidate DC 10+Target HD+Target Wis Mod]1d20+25[/dice].
    Murder Hobo/15 Init:+4 | AC:26, T:15, FF:24, DR 4/- | HP: 149/219 | THAC0:5
    Crunch & Per Diem:
    Fort: +15, Ref: +11, Will +9/+14 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +5 - FAME:27/42 - Train 1 hr/day on Staggering Crit

    Since the first attack killed it, can I move?

    Odric is midway through winding up for a second mighty swing, but when the giant gurgles and slips to the ground with his innards in the mud. The offal attracts some of the wasps at the edge of the swarm. But Odric can't see that, with the dying foe at his feet, Odric makes haste out of the swarm. He sprints towards the leader, with hate evident beneath the swollen and bleeding stings.


    Male Human Ranger 17, AC 30, HPs 202/202, Int +5, Fort +17, Ref +15, Will +9 (Bucho AC 31 HPs 175/175, Fort +18, Ref +13, Will +8 +4morale)
    Dungeon Master S wrote:


    It's a standard action to activate the Armor's fly ability. You only use Fly checks when trying to pull off maneuvers like hovering in place. It sucks because it's difficult terrain in places, making you unable to charge. I'll leave it up to you what you want to do. (IT sucks because it's a confirmed crit, but there's no way to get there. You can keep the rolls if you want to do a different attack.)

    That blows.

    Grym activates his armor's magic and takes to the air. Ready to charge and do some killing on the next round.


    | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Solstice Scar | Skull & Shackles |

    You 5' stepped, so no movement. Grym it does suck, I feel for you after the crit.

    -Posted with Wayfinder


    Male Vindicator, Savior of Korvosa, and Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
    The Kegerator:
    Pwr Atk (FF): [dice]1d20+27[/dice] for [dice]1d10+14+9[/dice] damage and [dice=Intimidate DC 10+Target HD+Target Wis Mod]1d20+25[/dice].
    Murder Hobo/15 Init:+4 | AC:26, T:15, FF:24, DR 4/- | HP: 149/219 | THAC0:5
    Crunch & Per Diem:
    Fort: +15, Ref: +11, Will +9/+14 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +5 - FAME:27/42 - Train 1 hr/day on Staggering Crit

    I don't think I actually did or had to. I think I typed that out of habit. Since I was already toe to toe from last round


    Male Human Ranger 17, AC 30, HPs 202/202, Int +5, Fort +17, Ref +15, Will +9 (Bucho AC 31 HPs 175/175, Fort +18, Ref +13, Will +8 +4morale)
    Dungeon Master S wrote:

    Grym it does suck, I feel for you after the crit.

    -Posted with Wayfinder

    Its okay, gotta learn me the rules.


    Male Vindicator, Savior of Korvosa, and Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
    The Kegerator:
    Pwr Atk (FF): [dice]1d20+27[/dice] for [dice]1d10+14+9[/dice] damage and [dice=Intimidate DC 10+Target HD+Target Wis Mod]1d20+25[/dice].
    Murder Hobo/15 Init:+4 | AC:26, T:15, FF:24, DR 4/- | HP: 149/219 | THAC0:5
    Crunch & Per Diem:
    Fort: +15, Ref: +11, Will +9/+14 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +5 - FAME:27/42 - Train 1 hr/day on Staggering Crit
    Thorgrym the Tracker wrote:
    Dungeon Master S wrote:

    Grym it does suck, I feel for you after the crit.

    -Posted with Wayfinder

    Its okay, gotta learn me the rules.

    Hahaha good one. Rules.

    Wait... you're serious? There are RULES?

    Now we see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed!


    Male Dwarf Fighter 15 Urban Ranger 2 AC=32 (CMD base 37+ specials); T=16; FF=29; HP 183/183; Init+8; Per +22; +18F+14R+9W

    Round 3

    Sandor moves along the path, his cricket enhanced speed making his large size glide along with little trouble. Those that know him, know he's having a silent monologue at the enemy caster as he approaches.

    Shield Bash PA: 1d20 + 20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 20 + 4 = 27 Opponent Hit with Attack is affected by a Bull Rush the CMB= Attack Roll+6. If opponent can't move it falls prone
    Dmg: 1d6 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22

    Yes Sandor's movement provokes an AoO if the giant has reach. I did that on purpose (AC vs Giant 36 Touch 20, FF 28). My intent is to knock him out of cover for the rest of the party.


    | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Solstice Scar | Skull & Shackles |

    Aye you did. The giant 5' stepped back, so this time you had to again 5' step in.

    Grym calls forth the heavenly power in his armor, granting translucent celestial wings!

    Sandor approaches the leader, to jabs at him with his trident: AoO: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (20) + 23 = 43 threat AoO: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (19) + 23 = 42 and hits the daring dwarf directly in the chest: CRIT DMG: 4d6 + 16 ⇒ (1, 6, 2, 6) + 16 = 31. It messes with his efforts as dwarf blood mixes with mud. His shield bash is turned away!

    Round 3:
    Ferox: Go
    Grym: Fly
    Odric: Kill
    Gaius: Go
    Sandor: Miss
    Giants: TBD
    Morkeleb: TBD

    DM:

    Cleric: 45
    Black: Irresistible Demand


    Male Half-Elf Unchained Rogue 4/Cleric 11; Trapspotter 22; Init: 5; AC: 31; T: 18; FF: 30; HP: 145/122; Fort 9, Ref 13, Will 11

    Gaius starts lobbing alchemist fire into the swarms.

    1d20 + 17 ⇒ (18) + 17 = 35 Vs. Yellow, Lower right square.

    1d6 ⇒ 4Fire damage plus one splash to each of the three squares in yellow and one point to white.


    Formian Myrmarch HP 104/126| AC 27 FF 22 Tch 16 | CMD 16 | F+11 R+14 W+13 | Perc +18 | Init +8

    Round 3
    Cricktik keeps up the barrage on the leader that Ferox started.

    Javelin: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33
    Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 plus poison
    Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 24

    Javelin: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
    Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 plus poison
    Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 44

    Javelin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
    Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 plus poison
    Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 25


    Active Buffs:
    Per Diem:
    Spells 1st 6/6 | 2nd 6/6 | 3rd 0/6 | 4th 3/4 | 5th 3/3 Judgements 5/5 | Bane 15/15 | Dimesion Hop 150/150
    Male Human Inquisitor 15 | HP 108/120| AC 24 FF 19 Tch 17 | CMD 27 | F+13 R+12 W+13 | Perc +23 | Init +9

    Round 3

    Ferox will continue his barrage on the leader.

    Arrow1: 1d20 + 21 + 1 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (7) + 21 + 1 + 2 - 5 = 26
    Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2d6 + 2 + 4d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 7 + (3, 6) + 2 + (4, 1, 4, 3) + 6 = 40
    Manyshot: 1d8 + 7 + 2d6 + 2 + 4d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 7 + (4, 6) + 2 + (3, 2, 1, 1) + 6 = 38
    Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 33

    Rapidshot: 1d20 + 21 + 1 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (7) + 21 + 1 + 2 - 5 = 26
    Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2d6 + 2 + 4d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 7 + (4, 6) + 2 + (3, 2, 5, 2) + 6 = 41
    Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 66

    Arrow2: 1d20 + 16 + 1 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (1) + 16 + 1 + 2 - 5 = 15
    Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2d6 + 2 + 4d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 7 + (4, 3) + 2 + (3, 2, 5, 3) + 6 = 36
    Miss Chance: 1d100 ⇒ 50


    | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Solstice Scar | Skull & Shackles |

    Gaius's alchemist's fire is a direct hit! Cricktik's first javelin scores a hit! FORT: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (5) + 21 = 26. Unfortunately, not a single one of Ferox's arrows penetrat the giant's armor or hide.

    Odric continues to stak sting after sting, though he doesn't let it get the better of him (still take DMG: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7

    Morkeleb's puppet, having thrown off the yoke steps back a bit to give him space, and swings his gaff hook at Grym:
    ATK 1: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36 THREAT
    ATK Confirm: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 36 for DMG: 4d6 + 24 ⇒ (5, 4, 4, 4) + 24 = 41
    ATK 2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 MISS
    His first swing tears a huge chunk of flesh out of Grym's side.

    The leader turns his attention to Sandor. He eschews spells and turns to just the trident, stabbing time and again:
    ATK 1: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (10) + 23 = 33
    ATK 2: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30
    ATK 3: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
    ATK 4: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

    But the dwarf is having NONE OF IT, parrying every last stab.

    Round 3:
    Ferox: shoot
    Grym: Fly
    Odric: Kill
    Gaius: Fire
    Sandor: Miss
    Giants: ATK
    Morkeleb: Go

    DM:

    Cleric: 56
    Black: Irresistible Demand
    Yellow Swarm: 9
    White Swarm: 3


    Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 15 Init +6; AC=19; T=16; FF=17; HP 23 / 92

    Morkeleb, frustrated at the giant throwing off his mind control, decides to try to remove multiple threats. He steps into the icy area, careful not to tumble. He then levels his staff, and as he concentrates, it is imbued with eldritch green light, as well as electricity.

    He holds the strike, though, seeing Odric in his line of fire.

    ODRIC!! STEP LEFT!!

    The wizard holds the last arcane syllable until the warrior clears...

    readied action:
    shoot Lightning Bolt on the line between the 2 swarms as soon as Odric clears the path. This will hit both swarms, and both remaining giants.

    Lightning Bolty Damage: 10d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 2, 4, 3) = 35 <--ref DC 21 for half


    | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Solstice Scar | Skull & Shackles |

    Morkeleb opts for a more primitive approach, blasting the very air with a bolt of arcane lightning.

    White Swarm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
    Black Swarm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
    Giant: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
    Leader: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

    The swarms are utterly obliterated by the spell (leaving a few thousand wasps by Ferox and Cricktik.) The giant takes the bolt in the gut, giving the leader a bit of room to avoid the worst of it.

    Round 4:
    Ferox: Go
    Grym: Go
    Odric: Go
    Gaius: Go
    Sandor: Go

    Giants: TBD
    Morkeleb: TBD

    DM:

    Cleric: 73
    Black: 35
    Yellow Swarm: 9


    Active Buffs:
    Per Diem:
    Spells 1st 6/6 | 2nd 6/6 | 3rd 0/6 | 4th 3/4 | 5th 3/3 Judgements 5/5 | Bane 15/15 | Dimesion Hop 150/150
    Male Human Inquisitor 15 | HP 108/120| AC 24 FF 19 Tch 17 | CMD 27 | F+13 R+12 W+13 | Perc +23 | Init +9

    Round 4

    Cricktik, let's clear a path for the others.

    Ferox targets the last normal giant, hoping he'll be more effective against it and free up some space around the leader for the others.

    Arrow1: 1d20 + 21 + 2 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (5) + 21 + 2 + 1 - 5 = 24
    Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2d6 + 2 + 4d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 7 + (6, 5) + 2 + (3, 1, 2, 2) + 6 = 39
    Manyshot: 1d8 + 7 + 2d6 + 2 + 4d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 7 + (2, 3) + 2 + (6, 3, 5, 2) + 6 = 38

    Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 21 + 2 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (6) + 21 + 2 + 1 - 5 = 25
    Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2d6 + 2 + 4d6 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 7 + (5, 5) + 2 + (2, 6, 6, 2) + 6 = 46

    Arrow2: 1d20 + 16 + 2 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (7) + 16 + 2 + 1 - 5 = 21
    Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2d6 + 2 + 4d6 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 7 + (3, 5) + 2 + (6, 4, 5, 2) + 6 = 48


    Formian Myrmarch HP 104/126| AC 27 FF 22 Tch 16 | CMD 16 | F+11 R+14 W+13 | Perc +18 | Init +8

    Round 4

    As you command and Cricktik starts throwing at the other giant.

    Javelin: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21
    Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 and poison

    Javelin: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
    Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 and poison

    Javelin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
    Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 and poison


    | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Solstice Scar | Skull & Shackles |

    Ferox's arrows have much better luck with this giant, and in a matter of moments he drops it. His cohort, however, can't seem to connect.

    Round 4:
    Ferox: Kill
    Grym: Go
    Odric: Go
    Gaius: Go
    Sandor: Go

    Giants: TBD
    Morkeleb: TBD

    DM:

    Cleric: 73
    Yellow Swarm: 9


    Male Vindicator, Savior of Korvosa, and Initiate of the Korvosan Guard
    The Kegerator:
    Pwr Atk (FF): [dice]1d20+27[/dice] for [dice]1d10+14+9[/dice] damage and [dice=Intimidate DC 10+Target HD+Target Wis Mod]1d20+25[/dice].
    Murder Hobo/15 Init:+4 | AC:26, T:15, FF:24, DR 4/- | HP: 149/219 | THAC0:5
    Crunch & Per Diem:
    Fort: +15, Ref: +11, Will +9/+14 vs. Fear - Perception +0 / Stealth +5 - FAME:27/42 - Train 1 hr/day on Staggering Crit

    Round the Fourth

    Odric has a bit of a false start, where he starts to run towards the leader but with a sickening he realizes he already stepped towards the dead Giant.

    He turns his head slightly to see what morkeleb is shouting about. As he turns his head, a crack of thunder paired with a sickeningly nutty smell of thousands of crispy wasps. He is taken aback, and his brows are singed. Regardless Odric runs straight toward the leader and hacks at him savagely.

    Power Attack (Furious Focus) with The Kegerator: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (17) + 28 = 45 for 1d10 + 14 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 14 + 9 = 24 damage and Intimidate DC 10+Target HD+Target's Wisdom Modifier: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (9) + 25 = 34.

    Confirm: Power Attack (Furious Focus) with The Kegerator: 1d20 + 28 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 28 + 2 = 43 for 1d10 + 14 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 14 + 9 = 29 damage and Intimidate DC 10+Target HD+Target's Wisdom Modifier: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (18) + 25 = 43.

    Confirm:
    And opponent staggered for 1d4+1 rounds. DC 23 Fortitude save reduces to 1 round.


    Male Human Ranger 17, AC 30, HPs 202/202, Int +5, Fort +17, Ref +15, Will +9 (Bucho AC 31 HPs 175/175, Fort +18, Ref +13, Will +8 +4morale)

    Round 4

    Grym snarls a bit in a silent warcry. Dripping a little blood from the dead giants viscous attack, the ranger streaks toward the last giant blade extended in a flying fleche.

    attack! 1d20 + 21 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 21 + 2 = 35
    Serethial 1d8 + 15 + 2d6 ⇒ (7) + 15 + (3, 2) = 27


    Male Dwarf Fighter 15 Urban Ranger 2 AC=32 (CMD base 37+ specials); T=16; FF=29; HP 183/183; Init+8; Per +22; +18F+14R+9W

    Seeing Team Ranger enter and threaten the leader giant the large dwarf give a silent grin, and a slight splashy hop to the southwest where he unleashes the axe and shield.

    Dwarven Waraxe +1 TWF+PA: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (15) + 19 = 34
    Dmg: 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (4, 6) + 15 = 25
    Shield Bash TWF+PA: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (10) + 20 = 30 Opponent Hit with Attack is affected by a Bull Rush the CMB= Attack Roll+6. If opponent can't move it falls prone
    Dmg: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20
    Dwarven Waraxe +1 TWF+PA (2nd attk): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
    Dmg: 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (4, 5) + 15 = 24
    Shield Bash TWF+PA (2nd attk): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32 Opponent Hit with Attack is affected by a Bull Rush the CMB= Attack Roll+6. If opponent can't move it falls prone
    Dmg: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
    Dwarven Waraxe +1 TWF+PA (3rd attk): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
    Dmg: 2d6 + 15 ⇒ (6, 4) + 15 = 25
    Rend (If both weapons hit): 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


    | Flaxseed CORE | Giantslayer | Solstice Scar | Skull & Shackles |

    Odric looks to make up for before with a power attack, the giant is ready, having trained for such a bum rush AoO: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (20) + 23 = 43 AoO Confirm: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (8) + 23 = 31 and stabs the man in the chest! DMG: 4d6 + 16 ⇒ (3, 6, 1, 6) + 16 = 32

    Odric strikes back doing massive damage and sending the giant reeling FORT: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (16) + 21 = 37 The giant look slike he's already recovering, but he's clearly scared at the fighter's prowess and what it bodes.

    Despite his state he still stabs at Grym as the ranger flies in AoO: 1d20 + 23 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 23 - 2 = 39 and despite his messed up state hits the ranger DMG: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (4, 3) + 8 = 15

    Grym, nevertheless, continues in and scores yet another hit as the giant begins to twist and howl in agony.

    The opportunity helps Sandor turn his luck around. With shield and axe the dwarf finally lays low the giant!

    Out of combat! Each PC earns 8,800 XP.


    Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 15 Init +6; AC=19; T=16; FF=17; HP 23 / 92

    BLOODY!!!


    Male Half-Elf Unchained Rogue 4/Cleric 11; Trapspotter 22; Init: 5; AC: 31; T: 18; FF: 30; HP: 145/122; Fort 9, Ref 13, Will 11

    Triage! Are the listed HPs accurate for everyone?


    Male Human Ranger 17, AC 30, HPs 202/202, Int +5, Fort +17, Ref +15, Will +9 (Bucho AC 31 HPs 175/175, Fort +18, Ref +13, Will +8 +4morale)

    Grym's headings are accurate. Odric lost at least a few hps too


    Male Human Wizard (Enchanter: Controller) 15 Init +6; AC=19; T=16; FF=17; HP 23 / 92
    Gaius Lirsiiv wrote:
    Triage! Are the listed HPs accurate for everyone?

    COFF yes COFF COFF


    Male Dwarf Fighter 15 Urban Ranger 2 AC=32 (CMD base 37+ specials); T=16; FF=29; HP 183/183; Init+8; Per +22; +18F+14R+9W

    Yes HP in heading is correct

    Hopping not to find any connection with the giants and Illeosa, Sandor searches through the marsh giant's leaders body for his belongings. He is looking for any items that will provide him information of the local clan, his god or magic. Since he was a powerful caster, he looks for his holy symbol too. After the items are sorted, he presents them to the intel side of the Upturned cup, aka Ferox, Gaius, and Morkelb.


    Male Human Ranger 17, AC 30, HPs 202/202, Int +5, Fort +17, Ref +15, Will +9 (Bucho AC 31 HPs 175/175, Fort +18, Ref +13, Will +8 +4morale)
    Sandor Stouthammer wrote:

    Yes HP in heading is correct

    Hopping not to find any connection with the giants and Illeosa, Sandor searches through the marsh giant's leaders body for his belongings. He is looking for any items that will provide him information of the local clan, his god or magic. Since he was a powerful caster, he looks for his holy symbol too. After the items are sorted, he presents them to the intel side of the Upturned cup, aka Ferox, Gaius, and Morkelb.

    The ranger puts Bucho on guard duty. The dog starts ambling around the perimeter, stopping to sniff the air every so often.

    Grym goes and assists giant Sandor doing the search.

    Perception 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (19) + 19 = 38

    While helping search and moving dead giant bodies around Grym is reminded of the nasty gaff hook wounds he received. He pulls out his Whack'em Stick of Healing and starts hitting himself.

    CLWs 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
    1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
    1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
    1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
    1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
    1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
    1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
    1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

    Grym reaches over and smacks Bucho as the dog walks by.
    1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


    Active Buffs:
    Per Diem:
    Spells 1st 6/6 | 2nd 6/6 | 3rd 0/6 | 4th 3/4 | 5th 3/3 Judgements 5/5 | Bane 15/15 | Dimesion Hop 150/150
    Male Human Inquisitor 15 | HP 108/120| AC 24 FF 19 Tch 17 | CMD 27 | F+13 R+12 W+13 | Perc +23 | Init +9

    Ferox will cast Detect Magic on everything Sandor found.


    Male Human Ranger 17, AC 30, HPs 202/202, Int +5, Fort +17, Ref +15, Will +9 (Bucho AC 31 HPs 175/175, Fort +18, Ref +13, Will +8 +4morale)

    Grym starts beating Morkeleb soundly w/ the CLWs wand

    CLWs 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
    1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
    1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
    1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
    1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
    1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
    1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

    At that the mute Grym feels the skinny wizard is looking much better.

    Mork is now at 84/85

    12,151 to 12,200 of 13,019 << first < prev | 239 | 240 | 241 | 242 | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | next > last >>
    Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Sfounder's Curse of the Crimson Throne PbP All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.

    ©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
    Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

    Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.