Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Dungeon Master Heathy's Carrion Crown

Game Master Heathansson


401 to 450 of 10,160 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

<Wod whispers something into George's pouch.>


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Wod:

Spoiler:
George: "you....you know what to do, Wod. I don't have to tell you."


dungeonmaster heathy wrote:

Wod:

** spoiler omitted **

lol

<Still whispering into the dead-gnome-pouch, in a sort or pleading tone.>

For DM Heathy

Spoiler:
"Wod not know what to do. George tell Wod what to do? Ok?"

I reckon DMH can set a perception roll for people to listen in.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

d.c. 15...whispering conversation....to hear what Wod was whispering above there. Nobody can read Wod's spoilers....

Wod

Spoiler:
"You know what to do, Wod.....what you do best.
You shouldn'ta shown me to her, Wod. You can fix things though. Kill all those men. And make it look accidental, Wod, but kill her too. She's no damn good, Wod.


For DM Heathy:

Spoiler:
"But I can't kill dem George. It not nice."


Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4.

"What is the meaning of this, you varlets?"

Initimidate 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22.


Catching up

Nigel gives Kendra a courtly bow, kisses her hand, and conveys his condolences

"My dear such tradgedy! Your father was my most cherished mentor of my days of youth. My sincere condolences for your loss."

Later ..

Confronted with the redneck rabble, Nigel draws himself up to his full lanky height, dark eyes flashing

"How DARE you impugn a man of Professor Lorrimor's stature! Crawl back to your shanties, ill-bred ragamuffins, or I shall send you scurrying thither with some scars to show what happens to those who would harras a daughter at her father's funeral!"

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 14 Intimidate: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Adding up th' intimidates; Nigel (the Necromancer) slaps in some aid another to Bleakstone's roll.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!
Darias Bleakstone wrote:

Perception 1d20+1.

"What is the meaning of this, you varlets?"

Initimidate 1d20+3.

Lotsa them seem somewhat frightened of the taciturn paladin.

The leader doesn't seem that bothered though.
Bleakstone senes the leader is one with a bleak, stony heart and a mind full of twisted vines....no, this one won't be intimidated, because there's worse hells possible.....

"The meaning is simple, OUTLANDER. We don't want the filthy corpse of the necromancer that got her on whatever her mother was buried in this wholesome place."

at this point I plan to consult the RAW before all is done, said, and done to figure out how this all goes down, and how it will affect combat if combat is to be,....but if I'm taking dramatic licenses, well....me and Aubrey are never on at the same time IRL so it's fun to back and forth with him when possible...


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!
Dr. Nigel Erebus wrote:

"How DARE you impugn a man of Professor Lorrimor's stature! Crawl back to your shanties, ill-bred ragamuffins, or I shall send you scurrying thither with some scars to show what happens to those who would harras a daughter at her father's funeral!"

Perception: 1d20 Intimidate: 1d20+3

The leader looks at Nigel;

"and what.....are you going to make southern jungle shrunken heads dance and nip my jibblies? Damnation! My beloved village is being overrun by Niecrowmoncers!!!"

the mob....
"thitikk urjirbs!!!"


dungeonmaster heathy wrote:
Dr. Nigel Erebus wrote:

"How DARE you impugn a man of Professor Lorrimor's stature! Crawl back to your shanties, ill-bred ragamuffins, or I shall send you scurrying thither with some scars to show what happens to those who would harras a daughter at her father's funeral!"

Perception: 1d20 Intimidate: 1d20+3

The leader looks at Nigel;

"and what.....are you going to make southern jungle shrunken heads dance and nip my jibblies? Damnation! My beloved village is being overrun by Niecrowmoncers!!!"

the mob....
"thitikk urjirbs!!!"

<Wod whispers into his dead-gnome-pouch.>

For DM Heathy

Spoiler:
"You always right, George.

<Wod pulls back his hood and unslings his axe.>

*SHHHHIIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGG*

<Looks at the villagers.>

"You bad men."

Intimidate 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

the leader....

"brace up, men! brace up!
I've planted bigger trees than yon orc in the firmament!"

He pulls out a morningstar and a war razor.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

One of the mob has a trickle filling up his boot.....


Human Wizard 6

This looks liable to get messy. Alinya puts her hand on Kendra's shoulder and tries to draw her back behind the shelter of Darias and Wod.

We haven't rested since meeting the bandits, have we?


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

No rest since....


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

The restlands map

There's 11 of the thugs; "G" is the main talker with the morningstar and the war razor.

I've placed you all; feel free to adjust positions if you want to.
The "yellow" square with Kendra is where she was standing before Alinya pulled her back....
the yellow is the trail up to the burial site, and that is off the map to the east a little ways. The white space is essentially the graveyard. Maybe I'll paint it grey in a few.

Any questions, let me know, because this is only my second google doc spreadsheet map....;)


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Oh; and I drew some little N's on there for gravesites; and a black hole for an open grave; what the hell.


Crap, so I'm fatigued?


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Iomedae (Undead Scourge) 4

“They are bad men Wod,” agrees Castiel from his post at the corner of the professor’s coffin. “But there’s no need for the axe.” The cleric looks at the leader of the group of ruffians as he continues speaking to Wod. “I’m sure these men are not quite stupid enough to try to fight trained soldiers and spellcasters such as ourselves … and if they are that stupid, perhaps they’re not stupid enough to anger the gods by spilling blood in a boneyard dedicated to Pharasma.”

Now Castiel addresses the leader of the group. “I’m a man of faith and a faithful servant of Iomedae, but in truth I’m not sure which I’d prefer least … facing Wod here’s strong arm and axe in battle, or standing before Pharasma a few moments later to explain exactly why and how you came to be there … Now sir; stand down and apologise to the lady or I’ll be hard pressed in restraining myself from sending you to meet Pharasma myself.”

Intimidate (Aid Another to Darias): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

I’m assuming we’re trying to change the leader’s attitude, rather than demoralize?


Wod wrote:
Crap, so I'm fatigued?

No, that fades after a couple of rounds.


Darias Bleakstone wrote:
Wod wrote:
Crap, so I'm fatigued?
No, that fades after a couple of rounds.

Whew!


Why can't I see the map?


I can't see it either - Heathy needs to adjust the privacy settings.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

privacy setting changed.....duuuh.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!
Castiel of Fangwood wrote:


I’m assuming we’re trying to change the leader’s attitude, rather than demoralize?

changing attitude takes a minute, so...


Human Alchemist 1/Fighter 1

"Guys, let's put the coffin [i]gently/i] down," Myron mutters to his fellow pall-bearers. "Dropping it and spilling dead professor-bits everywhere would be fantastically bad form, no matter how gratifying it will be to rush up to this bunch of thugs and ram some good sense down their throats. Speaking of which, does anyone have a spare weapon? I'm only carrying my knife."

He turns towards the jackass with the morningstar. "Keep in mind that we have traveled far to get here, making our way across across wild and untamed lands to bury our good friend Lorrimor. I, for one, have sworn to follow the good professor's last wishes, and I will not let a fool like you stand in the way of that, no matter how many weapons you might carry or how many 'friends' you may have. Step aside, unless you want to join the man in the Restlands."

Aid Another for Intimidate. 11+1=12, so Darias can add a +2 to his result. With me, Wod and Castiel helping out, the Intimidate score is getting pretty good.


Myron Swackhammer wrote:


Aid Another for Intimidate. 11+1=12, so Darias can add a +2 to his result. With me, Wod and Castiel helping out, the Intimidate score is getting pretty good.

If Wod one-shots this jackass do we get a bonus?

Init 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19


Sorry , been busy. Catching up.

Edwin takes his place as a pall bearer with a polite bow. (He did manage to hide a facepalm when 'George' was introduced.)

As the paladin steps forward to meet the gang, Edwin slowly lowers the coffin with the others, looking intently at the new arrivals as they make their intentions known.

Per:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Seeing that the ruffians that will be intimidated have already been thoroughly done so by the paladin and caster, Edwin steps forward casually, yet somehow drawing everyones attention with his movement. He smiles and spreads his hands to show they are, currently, empty.

Diplomacy:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

"Gentlemen! I see what the trouble is here! This is all a simple misunderstanding!" He says jovially.

"You obviously have this poor girls father confused with another. He was no necromancer. He couldn't animate a turnip, much less a corpse. Your thinking of Billy-Bob Thorton, the necromancer from Kalamazoo. He Did indeed have a cottage nearby for a time, but he moved on last year. So there you are! No necromancers being buried here today! Aren't you glad we sorted THAT out before things turned ugly? We thank you for your concern, and would love to stay and chat, but we would really like to pay our final respects to our friend before the weather makes doing so unpleasant. Would you fellows mind clearing the path ahead for us? Thank you ever so much."

Edwin doesn't really expect to change the leaders mind. But he's hoping that at least a few of the followers will take the opportunity to excuse themselves from the fracas to follow,...


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

duly noted...

initiative 1d20 ⇒ 7


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

With Edwin's (almost called him Elgan) percep roll, he notices they're all mostly farmhands, with makeshift blunt objects for weapons, except for the leader.....again, he has a war razor and a morningstar.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

party wins...attack at leisure.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Iomedae (Undead Scourge) 4

Castiel gently lowers the coffin along with the other pall bearers.

“Don’t be the first to strike,” he murmurs under his breath to his companions. “Give the ruffian a chance to back down or initiate hostilities first. We’re on consecrated ground; I for one do not want to start a fight on land sacred to Pharasma. And if we kill or seriously injure one of these louts it could make things very bad for Miss Lorrimer in the future.”

Action: lower coffin and ready action to draw sword if any of the thugs attack.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

dangit! I was hoping youse guys dropped th coffin! ;)

It's a standard action for the other two, i.e. Ed and Myron to follow suit...they got another move action coming to them if they choose.


Human Alchemist 1/Fighter 1

I'm putting the coffin gently down before drawing my dagger. As I have a gaudy +0 BAB, I can't both move and draw a weapon...


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

right on.
They're all pretty much armed with this or that wicked sharp thing found here and there on any farm in Ustalav.....


Human Wizard 6

Can one load a crossbow discretely, Alinya wonders idly to herself. Alas, the crossbow is in the trunk in the inn, quite some way away. Knife work then, if it comes to that. Ugly.

Whisper to Kendra, "Is there some history here that we should know? Is there anyone nearby that might help if these thugs do not see reason?"


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

"The priest.....he's up there at the burial site....he might help..."
she whispers.

"What are you little clucking hens on about?" taunts the leader.


Castiel of Fangwood wrote:

.

“Don’t be the first to strike,”...

<Wod looks over at Castiel and snarls.>


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Wod:

Spoiler:
the gnome is tittering; "DO IT! DO IT, WOD! STRIKE THEM DOWN, THE SCURVY LOT OF THEM!!!


<Silent for a moment, then Wod's left eye starts twitching. He breaks out in a nervous sweat. Then...>

5 foot step to J9. I assume the marker G indicates their leader.

att 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
dam 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

yes it does.....

"Brace up smart, Gibbs!!!" one of the thugs yells.

The axe swooshes, swatting air as the nimble scarecrow of a man dances low under the arc.....

and it's on, like Donkey Kong.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

map updated
I reckon Castiel, Edwin, and Myron have a move action, and Alinya, Nigel, and Darias have a full go yet...


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

perception d.c. 5

Spoiler:
waaaaay over by the burial site you guys were headed to, one solitary figure, dressed in sombre priestly Pharasman funerary robes, is now trotting towards the brouhaha; he's unveiled a really nice ornate silver headed mace. Good stuff......


Darias sighs as more pointless violence ensues.

Attacking Gibbs with the flat of the blade: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 6 - 4 = 12.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Iomedae (Undead Scourge) 4

Castiel shakes his head and grits his teeth. “Wod...” Why did we bring him with us again? We need to get rid of this unpredictable fool.

Draw sword and 5 foot step to E10.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

“Here comes the cavalry,” Castiel mutters to Edwin and Myron, nodding towards the Pharasmin priest burying towards them from the far side of the grave yard. But to help us or them? he wonders. Probably anyone spilling blood in this consecrated place ...


Nigel begins his summoning

"I call upon thee, servant of righteousness! Come forth Azulzu and smite mine enemies!"

Summoning Eidolon, then casting Mage Armor on yon beastie


"Ah for the love of Erastil,..." Edwin curses resignedly as Wod swings at the nearest bully-boy. Judging by the breeze it stirred up, it would have been a clean kill. Edwin finds himself calculating the likely direction and distance the head would have flown,... then humphs and pulls back his coat to reveal a longsword.

But his hand reaches for a coil on his other hip instead. A flick of his wrist and a heavy whip pops the air. The glint of steel in the leather shows that it's a bladed whip, more commonly called a 'scorpion whip'.

"Remind me to tell you about my brief but eventful visit to Osirion." Edwin smirks aside to Alyna.

Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Per: (to see which opponent is most likely to flee first)
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

action depends on who it is and if I can reach them. Planning to trip or disarm one, then Diplomacy to give them a chance to flee. Hoping to drop our opponents down to a manageable # ;P


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!
Darias Bleakstone wrote:

Darias sighs as more pointless violence ensues.

Attacking Gibbs with the flat of the blade: 1d20+6-4.

Darias swats the leader soundly; something bony cracks.....you can roll damage if you want.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!
Dr. Nigel Erebus wrote:

Nigel begins his summoning

"I call upon thee, servant of righteousness! Come forth Azulzu and smite mine enemies!"

Summoning Eidolon, then casting Mage Armor on yon beastie

Where do you want him to appear?


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!
Edwin Drood wrote:

Per: (to see which opponent is most likely to flee first)

1d20+7

It's hard to tell. Any of them but Gibbs. Gibbs.....there's something not right with Gibbs. The other ones, though not exactly pillars of the community by any sense of the word, aren't crazy. Gibbs is b$%&!@# insane.

So I guess Edwin and Myron have a move action, and Alinya has a full attack; Nigel can place his eidolon.

Then I'll reveal what if anything all the smack talk intimidating did.

401 to 450 of 10,160 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeon Master Heathy's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.