Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Dungeon Master Heathy's Carrion Crown

Game Master Heathansson


201 to 250 of 11,336 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

dungeonmaster heathy wrote:
And here's the strange thing. The gnome doesn't even smell.

Oops. Hasn't soiled himself or anything has he? Nobody gonna even check if he's breathing?


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

No poopy pants.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!
Lady Alinya Gurov wrote:
dungeonmaster heathy wrote:
Anybody need more time?.....

Nah, I'm good. Though I can keep Alinya whining about having to walk for as long as anyone wants to listen. She'll be fine once we get going. I do have a slight logistical problem - Alinya's gear is all packed in a large travelling chest. The chest is too large for her to carry and she doesn't have a backpack.

"Does anyone have a spare backpack? Oh, and innkeep, please will you look after my chest and send it on to Ravengro when you can?"

Inkeeper;

"you can borrow m'donkey. She's snarky, but she'll haul that brick. Give her over th' sheriff when you get to Ravengro, and I'll get her back. Least I can do, milady."


Human Wizard 6
dungeonmaster heathy wrote:

Inkeeper;

"you can borrow m'donkey. She's snarky, but she'll haul that brick. Give her over th' sheriff when you get to Ravengro, and I'll get her back. Least I can do, milady."

"Oh that's marvelous. Thank you!" Alinya will remember to tip the innkeep extra when they leave.

We should agree a marching order - perhaps one of the military types can suggest one?


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Iomedae (Undead Scourge) 4

Castiel doesn’t think there is much hope of getting the civilians, much less the insane half-orc to adhere to a marching order for a full day’s march, but he suggests to Darias that one of the two of them take the lead and the other bring up the rear (to watch for dangers from behind and any stragglers).

He suggests that they keep the pace fairly slow but constant, in deference to those who are not used to marching long distances.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Ready to roll?....

The party heads north towards Ravengro. The open moors give way to forest after a few hours; which gives some shelter as the bleak morning dreariness gives way to a constant chilling drizzle.

Up ahead, the party sees a great razed earthen mound, about 20 feet high; the road cuts right through the center of the half sphere of packed earth and peat buttressed around the base with massive obelisks of cut stone each taller than a man, or even a halforc. Atop this, a single monolith reaches for the sky; 12 feet tall and slightly tapered from base to top.

Knowledge: history d.c. 15

Spoiler:
the monoliths are Thassalonian. What they were for is forgotten to civilized men down these long aeons.

Upon coming within 20 feet of where the road plunges into the mound,....

Perception, d.c. 10

Spoiler:
you hear sobbing; it's coming from the other side of the mound, sounds like a female, human or demihuman.


Human Wizard 6

Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Though tired, Alinya is wide-eyed as they approach the monument. "Does anyone else hear that? Should we investigate?"


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Iomedae (Undead Scourge) 4

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

“A lady in distress? Of course we should investigate!” proclaims Castiel, and heads off through the mound at a good pace, his sword in hand.


Human Wizard 6
Castiel of Fangwood wrote:

Perception: 1d20 + 4

“A lady in distress? Of course we should investigate!” proclaims Castiel, and heads off through the mound at a good pace, his sword in hand.

"Careful, Castiel! The monoliths are Thassalonian. What they were for is forgotten but they may still hold traps for the unwary." Alinya follows close behind, ignoring her own advice.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Iomedae (Undead Scourge) 4

Castiel doesn’t know what a thassalonian* is, but he figures that the road cuts through here so it should be safe enough.

*(I’m assuming that the Thassalonian empire is distant enough in time and of overall less significance to the course of humanity than say Azlant, that the common person on the street – even someone of Varisian descent – would not recognise the name).


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Aaah! Map time!!!

A through R across the top;
1-20 down the side.

The road goes H-M 1-20 and off the map in both directions.
This Thassilonian mound is g-n 7, f-o 8, e-p 9, d-q 10, e-r 11-14, d-q 15,e-p 16, f-o 17, and g-n 18; the road cuts right through it, and the ceiling is 10-15 feet high, arching at the middle.

As Beldan (I mean Castiel) gets to k10, he can see a dead horse in the road at LM 4-5. At K4(ish) there's a young human female; her clothing torn and mudcaked; her leg's under the horse and she's crying, face turned away from you.

Anybody else can roll up with Castiel if they want.

Healing d.c. 15

Spoiler:
you've seen dead horses before. This bloated thing is days old. Pretty stinky too.

Perception d.c. 10

Spoiler:
That horse has been dragged there dead; in the muddy road there's badly disguised, attempted cleanup of drag marks...this is bullcrap, man.

Perception d.c. 20

Spoiler:
There's ditches, 10 feet wide, either side of the road; they're filled with leaves. You could hide some dudes in there. In fact, it looks like there are some dudes hidden in there, around about e-f-g 1-3, and n-o-p 1-3


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Iomedae (Undead Scourge) 4

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Heal (untrained): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Oh yeah...perception. Duuh.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Iomedae (Undead Scourge) 4

“Lady, I –” Castiel stops and takes in the scene with narrowed eyes, then brandishes his sword. “What trickery is this? Show yourself brigands! You’ve made a very bad mistake in choosing to ambush a servant of Iomedae!” Intimidate (untrained): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 <-- aiming to demoralise the nearest opponent he can see.

Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Can't quite see them yet.

She wimpers in fear; scuttles out, pulls her leg out from under the horse, and gets on the other side of the dead carcass at m3.
"I....I'm sorry, father I.....I have sinned...."

Just waiting on everybody else to call positions.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Iomedae (Undead Scourge) 4

A sudden gust of wind blows through the tunnel, sweeping back the hood of Castiel’s cloak, ruffling his long hair and the loose ends of his armoured trenchcoat. At the same time the wind opens a hole in the grey cloud cover above, and a brief shaft of sunlight lances down, Castiel’s eyes and the sharp edge of his sword glittering in the light reflected off the puddle ground.

Deity assisted intimidate roll.


Human Wizard 6

Alinya is close behind Castiel at K12.

Healing: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

"Wait - that horse is..." Alinya's words die away as Castiel threatens the lady with divine wrath.


Show's over, so I'm back! :) (Physically, at least. Mostly.) ;P

Per:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Edwin sniffs derisively even as Castiel begins threatening holy wrath.

"Really? Is this what banditry has been reduced to in these parts? No attempt at class or style at all? The horse is clearly dead, and has been for some time. So the young lady is obviously not trapped under it. You've made no, serious, attempts to even erase the signs of it's being moved into position. And your camouflage skills,... Let's just say you should be in show business. Comedy. Because it's laughable, really. So,..." And from under his coat the self-proclaimed detective pulls a shortbow, already knocked with an arrow.

"You poorly hidden gentlefolk can stand up now, or be turned into a pincushion where you lay. Either way is perfectly acceptable to me." He proclaims calmly, his voice resonating with portents of doom,...

Intimidate:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Hm, maybe that should be an assist for Castiel? :)

I need to get up my combat stats, swap one of my Traits, and buy gear, then I should be almost done! (after I list his Bard/Detective abilities) (Yay!) ;P


Human Alchemist 1/Fighter 1

I'll start towards the rear - put me in L18. Initiative 12+3=15.


dungeonmaster heathy wrote:

Aaah! Map time!!!

Coming up.


>>>>>MAP<<<<<

Tentative positions for those who have not posted yet.


<Wod keeps to the front of the party, thinking them slow and weak. Position J12. He readies his axe.>


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Iomedae (Undead Scourge) 4
The Mapper wrote:

>>>>>MAP<<<<<

Tentative positions for those who have not posted yet.

Hmmm, not showing for me.


Having bad issues right now, feel free to GMPC as needed

Nigel sweeps his cloak back in the damp foggy breeze and raises his hands high

"I call upon you, my servant Azzulzu! Come forth and protect thy master!"

Summoning my eidolon to ready for battle

A swirling fog coalesces into a hulking trollish figure with a goblin face full of spiky teeth

"I hear O my master

Stats are on character sheet.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Right on; need positions on Edwin, Nigel and Aub's Emo paladin ;)

And I guess init's from everybody; and Ed's not done....sorry I thought everybody was good to go;....


Castiel of Fangwood wrote:
Hmmm, not showing for me.

It's showing from Miami, Seattle, UK, and Singapore... running through some VPN connections. The map itself is on an LA server with no bandwidth limitation, so something must be happening on the Aussie end. Now and then I have trouble connecting with random sites from Manila, so it could just be an other-side-of-the-world thing.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!
The Mapper wrote:

>>>>>MAP<<<<<

Tentative positions for those who have not posted yet.

I could get to "kruelaid.com/PBP/maps" and I found the other example map, but the "c1-r1.jpg" choice for a map only gives a red x in a box in the upper left corner...

So I am getting the site, just not the map.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Iomedae (Undead Scourge) 4
dungeonmaster heathy wrote:
The Mapper wrote:

>>>>>MAP<<<<<

Tentative positions for those who have not posted yet.

I could get to "kruelaid.com/PBP/maps" and I found the other example map, but the "c1-r1.jpg" choice for a map only gives a red x in a box in the upper left corner...

So I am getting the site, just not the map.

Yeah, that's what I get too, I could see the other sample map that you did when I went to kruelaid.com/PBP/maps but not this one.


Human Wizard 6

I could see it this morning on my iPad, but from work in IE I get the dreaded red X of no-mapness. Hope you're OK, Pat.

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Iomedae (Undead Scourge) 4

Ah, I think it’s an IE problem – I can see it from Firefox.
Ha! Like the dead horse.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

I threw that in there to scare Aubrey cos he's British.....J/K.


Human Alchemist 1/Fighter 1

"Looks like we're about to have a bit of a scuffle", Myron remarks to Darias. He pulls out a steel hip-flask and takes a short pull. Immediately his arms and neck thickens visibly and his voice drops a full octave to a deep rumble. Gripping his spear, he jogs towards the action up front.

I'm quaffing my Dr. Jekyll/Mister Hyde drink. +4 STR and +2 natural armour for 10 minutes; sadly, my INT goes down to 15...


Human Alchemist 1/Fighter 1

Initiatives so far:

Alinya 22
Castiel 21
Myron 15


Init 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


IE9: see it
Opera 11.01: see it
Firefox 4.0: see it
Firefox 3.6: see it
Chrome 10.0.648.205: see it
Safari 5.0.5: see it

wtf?


Try this: >>>>>MAP<<<<<


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Iomedae (Undead Scourge) 4
The Mapper wrote:
Try this: >>>>>MAP<<<<<

That works for me on IE.


Human Wizard 6
The Mapper wrote:
Try this: >>>>>MAP<<<<<

Perfectamento. Awesome dead horse.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

I got's map


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

nice horse


I see it! Yay! ;P Heh. Nice horse. Nice touch. ;)

Init:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Edwin tries to stay towards the center of the group, in order to make the most of his Bard abilities. I will try to get him finished tomorrow. Promise. ;P (I can't have that much left, can I,...?)


dungeonmaster heathy wrote:
I got's map

Hmmm. Saved in CMYK probably. Should be RGB. Someone out there using an old browser?


Lady Alinya Gurov wrote:
The Mapper wrote:
Try this: >>>>>MAP<<<<<
Perfectamento. Awesome dead horse.

Thank you.


Edwin Drood wrote:


Edwin tries to stay towards the center of the group...

ou want him K15ish?


Human Alchemist 1/Fighter 1
dungeonmaster heathy wrote:

Hi ho!

.....looks like Aub's gone; Pat's gone; if somebody wants to place them and roll init, we can get stuff rolling some time.....

Let's put Nigel in I14 and his bodyguard next to him in H13. Initiative 9+3=12; does the eidolon share that, or does it roll its own?

Oh, and Darias' initiative is 7-2=5. Ouch!


Human Alchemist 1/Fighter 1

That gives us

Alinya 22
Castiel 21
Myron 15
Nigel 12
Eidolon 12-
Darias 5

Wod ?
Edwin ?

Dead horse ?


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Wod got 22; Edwin got 14 so

Wod 22+
Alinya 22-
Castiel 21
Myron 15
Riverbottom Boys 15-
Edwin Drood
Nigel 12
Eidolon 12-
Darias 5

they stand up from where they were hidden amongst leaves.....
g1, f2, e3, g3, n1, o2, n3, and p3.

G3 seems to be in control; a scurvy band of highwaymen, for whatever else could they be....
He's got some sort of metal pole, studded leather like the rest; and a grimy beard that might be reddish; "I'm just going to tell you this once. Put your belongings on the ground where you are and walk away. You don't want to f+~! with us."

The one at n3 seems shaky and in awe of Castiel....."Uh,...Veng," he says; "these guys look pretty tough. Maybe we should flock out on this one."

Veng, the ringleader...."wha...what the f@#~? Borrie, you always were a little daisychain."

In back at G1, there's a bruiser. Human. 6' 4". 362 lbs. He wears one of those big nosed plague doctor masks so you can't see his face. Carries a great axe.

They've all got this......shaky thing going on. Science would say the tremors are caused by prions.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

go.


"You_NOT_TAKE_GEORGE!"


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

"Who th f!&~ is George?!?"

201 to 250 of 11,336 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeon Master Heathy's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.