Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Dungeon Master Heathy's Carrion Crown

Game Master Heathansson


451 to 500 of 11,396 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!
Dr. Nigel Erebus wrote:

Nigel begins his summoning

"I call upon thee, servant of righteousness! Come forth Azulzu and smite mine enemies!"

Summoning Eidolon, then casting Mage Armor on yon beastie

Gibbs:

"GAAAH!!! I KNEW YOU WERE A NIEKROWMAUNCER!!! GAAAAAH!!!"


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

map updated


Human Alchemist 1/Fighter 1

I'm using my move action to pull my knife.


Human Wizard 6

Alinya will ready an action to use Gentle Repose on any enemy who attacks Kendra or herself in melee.

Alinya hangs back, not confident of her abilities in the front line of combat.


To cast the Mage Armor on him, I'll have to manifest Azulzu next to me to touch him

Nigel shouts at the redneck antagonists, clenching his bony fists, eyes bulging distressingly.

"I AM NOT A NECROMANCER! BY THE PALE FACE OF PHARASMA WILL PEOPLE STOP CALLING ME THAT!"


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Iomedae (Undead Scourge) 4

“Follow Sir Bleakstone’s example fellows,” calls Castiel to his companions. “Strike to subdue, not kill. They may be uncouth louts, but we are not so uncivilised!”

“You too Wod.”


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Azulzu appears in G7; map updated.

waiting on Edwin I reckon.....


*Snarl*


*Edwin*
*Edwin*
*Edwin*

Liberty's Edge

Male Mothman Expert 5

Edwin has taken his turn this round - he lowered the coffin (standard) and drew his whip (move).

Bad guys?


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Ogay. With "aid another,...." I see a combined roll of 30. Two of them haul ass; the rest (except for Gibbs) are shaken for....well for longer than this will take to play out. i.e. -2 hit, save, what have you.

So.

t6 and t7 skeedaddle, exuent, whathaveyou; they don't want Wod chopping their guts out and haul ass.

t10 moves; attacks Darias.

And something odd happens.......Darias entirely fades away. As the thug's truncheon seems about to impact his skull, Darias fades to ethereal and vanishes entirely.

THEN, Father Grimburrow, the Priest of Pharasma, makes it to square "t6" bellowing "stop this nonsense entirely! Right now!!!"

THEN,....
Gibbs smashes at Wod with his morningstar and slashes at his nethers with the war razor.
The morninstar hits; Wod takes 6 h.p. in damage!!!

Thug 3 also stabs at Wod with a pitchfork, missing; he looks over his shoulder at Grimburrow,.....

Thug 1 moves up and attacks Azulzu, critting the eidolon; 11 h.p. to the summoned thing.

Thug 2 attacks Alinya; though he has a truncheon, he only tries to forcefully shove her with it, not swing full on; he misses though.

Thug 9 moves up, attacking Wod with a fishspear. He misses.

Thugs 5, 4, and 8 move up and attack the pallbearers; too far of a move for this round though. They all seem really nervous, like this is what the Texans would call "their first rodeo."

So, Wod has three dudes in his face, and they're breaking bad and trying to kill him apparently. The rest,......meh......
GROUP'S ATTACK!!!

oh, and......map.....updated.....


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Gibbs:
"THESE ARE ALL NIEKROWMAUNCERS!!! FRIENDS OF THAT PROFESSOR WHO, IN HIS TIME ON THIS WORLD, DELVED TOO DEEPLY INTO THINGS HE SHOULD'VE LEFT ALONE! THEY SUMMON DEMONS! THEY WORK WITH CANNIBAL ORCS!!! AND NOW THEIR "PALADIN" PROVES TO BE A HAUNT, OR A SHIFT, OR SOME WEIRDLING THING FROM BEYOND THE BARRIER OF A GOOD PHARASMAIC GRAVE!!! LET'S END THIS WICKEDNESS, RIGHT NOW!!! KILL THEM!!!!!"


Gibbs, lethal damage
att 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
dam 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Wod hits this time. Gibbs screams in pain.
He's not down, but he's bleeding pretty good.

The others flush the blood out of their now ghostpale faces.....

perception d.c. 12

Spoiler:
Father Grimburrow's face goes pretty stern when he sees the act of bloodshed. He seems to dwell on Wod for a second as he marches forward.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Iomedae (Undead Scourge) 4

As Darias literally fades out of existence, Castiel’s eyes widen with shock ... or something else. For a moment he spasms violently, like he’s having the beginnings of a fit, and his sword seems to glow for a moment, a will’o’wisp ball of saint’s fire dancing on its end. Then everything returns to normal and there is an armed thug in Castiel’s face.

“Raise that weapon and I swear I will do my best to break your hand badly enough that you’ll struggle to work again,” he growls to the lout, knuckles whitening on the grip of his sword.

Five foot step to F9 (flanking) and ready an action to attack using the flat of the blade if / when T8 attacks. If so: 1d20 ⇒ 12 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 non-lethal.


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Iomedae (Undead Scourge) 4

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


dungeonmaster heathy wrote:

Wod hits this time. Gibbs screams in pain.

He's not down, but he's bleeding pretty good.

The others flush the blood out of their now ghostpale faces.....

perception d.c. 12
** spoiler omitted **

<As Wod whirls with his axe, slender filaments of his battle drool shower across everyone adjacent.>


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Iomedae (Undead Scourge) 4

“Wod, that bastard is starting to piss me off too – ladies and Iomedae please excuse my Chelaxian – but pull yourself together man! Hurt him, but don’t kill him!”


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!
Castiel of Fangwood wrote:

As Darias literally fades out of existence, Castiel’s eyes widen with shock ... or something else. For a moment he spasms violently, like he’s having the beginnings of a fit, and his sword seems to glow for a moment, a will’o’wisp ball of saint’s fire dancing on its end. Then everything returns to normal and there is an armed thug in Castiel’s face.

“Raise that weapon and I swear I will do my best to break your hand badly enough that you’ll struggle to work again,” he growls to the lout, knuckles whitening on the grip of his sword.

Five foot step to F9 (flanking) and ready an action to attack using the flat of the blade if / when T8 attacks. If so: 1d20 Damage: 1d8 + 2 non-lethal.

duly noted......and

map updated.

I'll try to remember Castiel's held wupass......

so looks like Myron, Nigel, Alinya and Edwin are up to bat.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

old soldiers never die,.....they just fade away.....ancient Andoran proverb


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Iomedae (Undead Scourge) 4
dungeonmaster heathy wrote:
old soldiers never die,.....they just fade away.....ancient Andoran proverb

”If you strike me down I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine ... by turning into a shade that can’t really do anything except pass on obscure messages to Luke and have boring conversations with Yoda.”


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

imagine how cynical Generation X would've been without those movies.....


Male Human (Varisian) Paladin of Iomedae (Undead Scourge) 4

Alright, I’ve re-jigged Castiel as a paladin.
As for my readied action, make it 15 to hit and 11 points of non-lethal damage to account for changes.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Got it.....

Myron, Nigel, Alinya and Edwin are up to bat.


ACK! Trying NOT to get surrounded was at the top of my priorities list. That's what I get for going awol. ;P Now to do something about it. ;D

"Alright gentlemen. Now let's not do anything that you might regret. Or myself for that matter." Edwin says as he casually turns to put his back to Myron so he can face the three men that now surround him.

"After all, three against 2 is hardly sporting. Especially when you all have weapons. Of a sort." Edwin shrugs, then gives a casual flick of his wrist, and his whip pops like lightning.

Disarm vs Thug #8 My feat uses my Dex instead of str, so my CMB is +3
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

And in an eyeblink, Edwin is holding the farm tool that the thug was just holding a second ago.

"Looking for something? Oh look, now I have a weapon." Edwin grins unpleasantly.

"You can, of course, still leave. Quickly would be best. I'm fairly certain that our friend is out of patience." He says to the now weaponless farmer, nodding at the frothing Wod.

Intimidate again, just for fun. ;)

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Edwin's whip (I assume) takes the weapon out of thug 8's sweaty palms.

However, the thug gets an aoo; though he's too nervous and drops his farm implement of a weapon; Elgan's whip grabs it out of midair and the thug lets out a squeal as the whip cracks near his nose.....


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Myron, Nigel, Alinya....

I'll be back in a couplea hours; daughter has strep and I need to go pick up some stuff at the store....


Female Changeling (Annis Hag) Oracle of Life 6; 32/32 hp

Am I correct in thinking the coffin is at the left in the map and the grave is off-screen to the right? I'm guessing "FG" is Father Grimburrow rushing up to stop this nonsense.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

affirmative. They just put the coffin down about d-e 9-10.


Female Changeling (Annis Hag) Oracle of Life 6; 32/32 hp

Well, then...

Standing at the grave watching the commotion from a distance is a slender woman garbed in a black hood and robe of mourning, including a veil that obscures her face and black gloves. She holds a long walking stick and appears quite old - until she speaks. The voice that issues forth is surprisingly young. "Father Kastigarr, did you see that? That man just... disappeared! Father Grimburrow may need some help - voice of reason and agreement, right?"

With that, she hustles after the departing cleric, looking like a girl playing dress up rather than a woman attending a solemn occasion.

Larissa brought only her quarterstaff in the way of weapons and she did keep her armored coat on, so her speed would be 20'. She will move up to 40' to catch up to Father Grimburrow, but she won't pass him. Yet.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Yeah; she can be anywhere on the trail there, behind Father Grimburrow......

and, lo and behold,.....two more thugs are coming irreverently across the field of tombstones from the south....
they look like the type that tipped tombstones over in their youth. On squirrels.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

map has been updated


M Human Cleric / 6

Hustling after Larissa, "You may indeed be correct, Miss Brightfoot. Father Grimburrow! Be careful there! Some of those men have menace on their faces."

I'll not draw a weapon yet, but I will pick up the pace, taking a course intended to plant me between the two factions.

"You men there! Hold your blades and have some respect for the departed and his family! Settle your grievances elsewhere at another time!"

When applicable...

Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

right; you two are about v6, v7; (unless you want something else)

Grimburrow looks back;
"These are just.....well, the lot of them ain't choirboys, and well....Gibb's always been a nutsack...."

(you two remember Gibb; he had an....interesting injury last time you were here in Ravengro, 6 months back.....gyeesh!)

".....but, I.....I'm at an impasse to explain this behavior. Don't worry on old Father Grimburrow, though; this isn't my first dance with the Rhubarb Queen...."
He seems to have a youthful skip in his step you haven't seen the old rheumy fellow exhibit until now.

Thug t11; Rholf recognizes him.
Name's Rhasky Killifew....a greasy haired, slim, freckled youth that always had a glare of trouble in his eye;
there was some village girl or another Rhasky was sweet on who, in turn, was sweet on Rholf....whether or not anything happened,.....

"Aye, there's Rholfy boyo...." he announces, "and has thrown his lot in with niekrowmauncers and all manner of graverobbing scum......I wish lovely Clarisse could see you now, old goosy bastard!!!"

His compatriot whom you don't recognize snickers, and they start moving towards the two new potential entries into the fray.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

re: initiative,.....it's you guys' turn; I'll just throw you into the mix with the rest of the party.


M Human Cleric / 6

To Rhasky, "I'm just here paying my respects. There is no call, nor is there any honor in disgracing yourself here over a woman."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

I pick up the pace to create some distance to Q10, please between myself and Larissa, since their focus is on me. I'll still not draw a weapon, though my hand will rest on the hilt of my scimitar.

"Do not make this something it doesn't need to be."


<Wod glances at the fresh meat for his axe... Then back to Gibbs. He mutters to himself as he fights:>

"... not take George... george... george..."


Human Alchemist 1/Fighter 1

Myron socks the closest thug in the face with the pommel of his dagger.

I'm attacking t5. Attack roll 19!+1-4(nonlethal damage)=AC 16, confirm roll 13+1-4=AC 10. Blah. Damage 1d4+1=4, or 8 if the crit was confirmed.


Human Wizard 6

Alinya steps up to the ruffian leader, and tries to put a calming hand on his shoulder, "Rest easy in Pharasma's grace."

5' step and use Gentle Rest ability. Touch attack 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19. If hit, opponent is staggered for 1 round. A staggered creature may take a single move action or standard action each round (but not both, nor can he take full-round actions).


Female Changeling (Annis Hag) Oracle of Life 6; 32/32 hp
Lady Alinya Gurov wrote:
Alinya steps up to the ruffian leader, and tries to put a calming hand on his shoulder, "Rest easy in Pharasma's grace."

Nat 20 on a touch attack for a spell is a crit threat, I believe. If it confirms, would it stagger him for two rounds?


Female Changeling (Annis Hag) Oracle of Life 6; 32/32 hp
Rholf Kastigarr wrote:

To Rhasky, "I'm just here paying my respects. There is no call, nor is there any honor in disgracing yourself here over a woman."

Diplomacy: 1d20+6

I pick up the pace to create some distance to Q10, please between myself and Larissa, since their focus is on me. I'll still not draw a weapon, though my hand will rest on the hilt of my scimitar.

"Do not make this something it doesn't need to be."

Larissa will maintain pace with Rholf (Q9 for her), "Please! This is no place to settle a grievance! Let us put the dead to rest in this hallowed ground and discuss this elsewhere!" She continues to carry the staff as a walking stick, not as a weapon.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!
Myron Swackhammer wrote:

Myron socks the closest thug in the face with the pommel of his dagger.

I'm attacking t5. Attack roll 19!+1-4(nonlethal damage)=AC 16, confirm roll 13+1-4=AC 10. Blah. Damage 1d4+1=4, or 8 if the crit was confirmed.

You knock a big bleeding apple on his head; he's kneeling on the ground, not threatening anybody. Not dead or nothing, just concussed.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

I'll....get the rest done, hopefully in the next half hour.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!
Lady Alinya Gurov wrote:

Alinya steps up to the ruffian leader, and tries to put a calming hand on his shoulder, "Rest easy in Pharasma's grace."

5' step and use Gentle Rest ability. Touch attack 1d20-1. If hit, opponent is staggered for 1 round. A staggered creature may take a single move action or standard action each round (but not both, nor can he take full-round actions).

It works. He looks stunned; and his morningstar falls slack in his hand. The war razor, however, doesn't; it's still in a guard position.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!
Larissa Brightfoot wrote:
Lady Alinya Gurov wrote:
Alinya steps up to the ruffian leader, and tries to put a calming hand on his shoulder, "Rest easy in Pharasma's grace."
Nat 20 on a touch attack for a spell is a crit threat, I believe. If it confirms, would it stagger him for two rounds?

Yeah; what th' heck.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!
Larissa Brightfoot wrote:
Rholf Kastigarr wrote:

To Rhasky, "I'm just here paying my respects. There is no call, nor is there any honor in disgracing yourself here over a woman."

Diplomacy: 1d20+6

I pick up the pace to create some distance to Q10, please between myself and Larissa, since their focus is on me. I'll still not draw a weapon, though my hand will rest on the hilt of my scimitar.

"Do not make this something it doesn't need to be."

Larissa will maintain pace with Rholf (Q9 for her), "Please! This is no place to settle a grievance! Let us put the dead to rest in this hallowed ground and discuss this elsewhere!" She continues to carry the staff as a walking stick, not as a weapon.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 7

Most of the foes' eyes are on Wod. He's kinda interesting right now.


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Nigel's up to bat, then the roustabouts.


dungeonmaster heathy wrote:
Nigel's up to bat, then the roustabouts.

Have I gotten off the Mage Armor spell yet? If so then ..

Nigel instructs Azulzu to grapple Thug 1

"Apprehend that villian Azulzu! But harm him not! We shall wait for the sherrif to decide his fate!"

CMB roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Thug one aoo's on the eidolon.

1d20 ⇒ 19

and the eidolon takes 5 h.p. damage lethal from a club.

their attack in the works......


I AM THE LORD OF ALL HELLFIRE!!!!!

Father Grimburrow runs up, grabs Gibbs by the shoulder, and slings him heavily to the ground. Gibbs lands hard on his back, and gets the wind knocked out of him.
Gibbs is lieing down now.

Rolf's pair of verbal abusers, t11 and t12, close with him and Larissa; they're coming through a field of tombstones so can't charge fullout, ergo no attack as of yet.

t1 smacks at Azulzu again;
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15 damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 lethal

t2 smacks at Alinya;
1d20 - 5 ⇒ (1) - 5 = -4 damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 subdual

t3 and t9 attack Wod.
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16 damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 lethal

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19 damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 lethal

t10 skeedaddles; full defensive retreat.

t4 and t8 go after Castiel

1d20 - 5 ⇒ (12) - 5 = 7 damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 subdual
1d20 - 5 ⇒ (11) - 5 = 6 damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 subdual

Gibbs crawls backward 5 feet; aoo if Wod wants.

Castiel.....lays T8 low. He's out of the fight.

GROUP'S ATTACK!!!

451 to 500 of 11,396 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeon Master Heathy's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.