Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Dungeon Blaster´s Skulls and Shackles Campaign

Game Master Tim Bürgers


1 to 50 of 472 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Toilday, 13th of Abadius, 4711 AR

For a short precious moment, the handful of awakening figures didn´t realize, just how bad their hangover really was. Then, the headache made its way through the drowsiness. And with it came its good friends vertigo and nausea.

No game effect, just flavor.

The slight rocking motion of the dirty wooden floor beneath them didn´t make it any better, of course.

Just the moment after some of those pitiable creatures sat up, the light of a lantern speared their eyes painfully. A loud cry hit their heads like a wave crashes on the shore:

“Still abed with the sun over the yardarm? On your feet, ye filthy swabs! Get up on deck and report for duty before Cap’n Harrigan flays your flesh into sausage skins and has Fishguts fry ye up for breakfast!”

In the light of a lantern, a gaunt and sneering man appeared. His heavy coat and boots fail to give him the looks of strength or bulk. The black, braided beard around his mouth emphasizes the blinking, golden teeth in his mouth. He is accompanied by six able-bodied brutes wielding saps.


Male Halfling Pirate (rogue) 1

This does not look like the common room of the Formidably Maid thought Antal Wavecrest. The halfling tries to shake the cobwebs from his head, quickly realizing his mistake. Head pounding, Antal brushes himself off as best he can and turns cheerily to the new arrivals.

"And good morning to you, friend! Of course, let us go pay our respects to the good Captain Harrigan!"


The black-bearded man at first seems to be a bit disappointed, realizing Antal´s obedient reaction. "Ye´ll only speak to me, if I ask you to. Else I make ye clean the deck with yer forked halfling-tongue!"
He turns to the other three.
"Better for the rest of ye scumbags to go up, too."
And with these words, he lets his whip crack - dangerously close to your heads...
You realize, that all of your equipment is gone. The only exceptions are a few tiny items, you hid well on your body.


Valen groans as the world comes crashing back in around him, the back of his head throbbing. What is Gozreh happened? I was down at the docks and then... Valen's head clears more as the black-bearded man bellows at them, letting out a snarl and a heated glare as the whip cracks over him.


Male Undine Inquisitor 1

Ondir Stormrider stirs awake in the back of the cramped room. He was sure that he didn't drink too much last night but his head was trying to tell him otherwise. Sitting up he mutters, "By Besmara's blade, did anyone see the flag on the ship that broadsided me last night?" Blinking away the stupor he sees that this isn't his room or the commons. The commotion at the door drew Ondir's attention, though the loud voice causes his head to throb for a moment or two.

Trying to ignore his head, Ondir looks over the rest of the room seeing a handful of other unfortunate people. Focusing his gaze back at the sneering man with the whip, Ondir muses out loud, "I'm feeling a bit dry, mind if I get some water? Maybe a drink for the head as well?" Feeling the close crack of a whip he decides it is best to just get ready for the unexpected new work.

With a quick set of gestures and an incantation Ondir creates a shower of water above himself, dousing himself and splashing his fellow conscripts. Ondir begins to stand and states, "That's better, now how about you show us the way up so we can report for duty." He brushes off a bit of excess water from his turquoise skin and waits to be led up.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1

Kithranna blinks and looks up seems I have pressed into service again maybe this time I will get away with more than just my breeches. Noticing the lack of his father's longbow is quite the loss. But at the word stands up to his full height ignoring the throbbing in his head and heads for the doorway.

Yeesss sur.

Damn I hate the ocean. Bloody pirates.


Female Slyph Bard (Sea Singer) 1

Wood plank beneath her, smells of a ship filling her, and the grunting of men around her was nothing so new. She had woken up in worse places only with slightly less of a hang over. Damn that rogue at the inn, I shall have to drag up the memory of his face so I can slit his throat, she thought through the thumping of her heart in her ears.

Intent on sleeping as long as she could the self styled “Lucky Sea B**tch” stretched with feline grace. But with the crack of the whip her eyes flew open. That’s bloody new!

“Aye, Aye sir I will. Shall there be honest wine to squeeze this poison you fed us from our veins?”

Standing she takes a looks around at the thugs marking which ones are looking at her rather firm buttocks.


DC 10 Perception Check:
You have an aftertaste of oily nutmeg in your mouth.

Anyone who made this check:

DC 15 Craft (Alchemy) Check / DC 10 K. (Nature):
You recognize it as a sideeffect of oil of taggit poison - a powerful narcotic.

DC 10 Intelligence-Check:
You remember seeing the black-bearded whipster at the formidable maid last (?) night.

His golden teeth blinked in the light of his lantern as the gaunt pirate drillmaster grined in the darkness. "For sure we can find something to squeeze you, harlot. And if you are a good girl, then we might spare you the rough ones..."

And with these words, Riffelan feels the whip´s hilt going somewhere it clearly don´t belongs...

The press-ganged recruits went on deck surrounded by the pirates. This was clearly a sizable ship in the middle of the ocean far from any land.

Port Peril and the mainland of the Shackles were just an ochre haze many miles astern. Figures clustered around the ship’s mainmast, looking up at the higher deck on the stern, where two figures stand. One of them was a broad, muscular Garundi man with a shaven head,
a long beard bound with gold rings, and an eye patch — clearly the captain.

The other was a younger, balding man with a long black ponytail, wearing a long coat and carrying a well-used cat-o’-nine-tails.

At this point you realize, that you are not the only unwilling recruits on this ship, as you can clearly tell from some of the pirates´ faces, that they have been pressed into service too.

“Glad you could join us at last! Welcome to the Wormwood! My thanks for ‘volunteering’ to join my crew. I’m Barnabas Harrigan. That’s Captain Barnabas Harrigan to you, not that you’ll ever need to address me. I have only one rule—don’t speak to me. I like talk, but I don’t like your talk. Follow that rule and we’ll all get along fine.

“Oh, and one more thing. Even with you new recruits, we’re still short-handed, and I aim to keep what crew I have. There’ll be a keelhaulin’ for anyone caught killin’ anyone. Mr. Plugg! If you’d be so kind as to make pirates out of these landlubbers, it’ll save me having to put them in the sweatbox for a year and a day before I make pies out of ’em.”

At the end of his speech, the captain walked away, leaving behind the man with the cat-o’-nine-tails.

"So let´s see, if we can forge you filthy scum into usable deck-swabs."


Male Undine Inquisitor 1

My checks:

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 Perception check
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 Intelligence check
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 Knowledge(nature) check

Looks like according to the rules we can make knowledge checks if the DC is 10 or less, so edit.

Ondir wishes he could stop for a drink to wash out the off taste in his mouth. A side effect from a poison. I better watch my drinks. Memories of the other night finally surface, F&#$, I knew I shouldn't have taken that round on the house from this guy! It must have been drugged. He glances around to see if he can find a mug or something to fill with clean water, however the brutes are impatient to get this group up to the main deck. Ah well, it will have to wait.

As the group comes out onto the main deck Ondir shields his eyes against the bright daylight, giving them a chance to adjust to avoid any headache that the light might cause. Glancing around, he's thankful that he could choose to just swim away. Well, I wanted to get started on my rise to infamy. I wasn't planning it quite like this but it will have to do. With a smile on his face he looks up at the captain as he's making his speech. At least Ondir wasn't quite as unwilling as some of the other recruits.

Taking a glance at the vicious whip Ondir gulps quietly and waits for this Mr. Plugg to finish his short speech. Waiting for a short pause and hoping others might chime in as well, Ondir says in a raised voice, "Aye Sir."


Male Halfling Pirate (rogue) 1

Antal attempts to piece back together that night in the Formidably Maid.


My checks:

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 Perception check
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 Knowledge (nature) check
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 Intelligence check

Very well, Mr. Nine-tails, you are on the list now too mused Antal. Faking enthusiasm, he joins others in assent, "Aye aye, sir!"


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1

My Checks:

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Kithranna stands defiantly in the middle of his new ship mates. And does not comply until Mr. Plugg proves his threat with that cat.

I am going to keep an eye out for landmarks to try and figure out where we are and where we might be headed.


Female Slyph Bard (Sea Singer) 1

My Checks:

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Kn Nature 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
INT 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Turning she gives the beared man a wink. And feigns surprise at his flirting.

I hope you count yourself among those, golden smile. I would hate to miss the chance to entertain you.

She says with a flash of grim intent in her eyes. I so hope he is the one, I will trim beard and neck in one cut.

On deck she listens intently, but seeing defiance in one of her fellows. She slides up to him and lays a had on his shoulder, and whispers in his ear.

@Kithranna Be as foolish as you need to be, but be careful your liable to end up chum.


Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Knowledge(nature) 1d20 ⇒ 9
Intelligence 1d20 ⇒ 6

Valen loudly spit as he tries to rid his mouth of the nasty taste. Feigning interest as the captain rambles on, Valen takes an assessment of his situation.

Hmm...no armor, no gear, no trident. He mentally smiles as he feels the familiar shape of his dagger strapped to the inside of his thigh. Well at least they didn't search me too closely.

Listening to the various acknowledgments from the other "volunteers", Valen remains silent and defiant, noting a nearby half-elf doing the same. Someone else willing to fight. Good.


Mr. Plugg makes one quick, decided step in Kithranna´s direction. "Insubordination is not tolerated." With these words, he gives Kithranna three mighty lashes with his cat o´ nine tails.

11 Nonlethal damage (you heal this at 1 point per character level and hour; excess damage becomes lethal]:
1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 41d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Trained in Survival:
Considering the direction of where he wind comes from and the long shadow of the main mast, it seems, that the Wormwood is sailing north.

As if nothing has happened, Mr. Plugg turns his attention on the new recruits as a whole again. "I will now test your abilities to see, which job on this ship is most suitable for you. Climb to the crow´s nest as soon as you can. NOW!

Make a climb check. If it comes out 5 or lower, you fall from the rigging. In any case, the one with the highest result climbs the fastest. Normally, armor check penalty would apply, but in my neverending benevolence, I already "removed" your armor. :-)


Male Halfling Pirate (rogue) 1

Antal looks up in to the rigging to plan the best possible route. Then he starts his climb...


1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 Climb check


Male Undine Inquisitor 1

Ondir winces at the lashing the bold elfling is taking, Expected response, I'll have to remember to check in on him afterwards. Glancing over at Kithrana long enough to make sure he's not in any immediate danger, Ondir turns to the task at hand, climbing the rigging. Well, I guess it's time to see how much I learned from that old sea dog. He steps up to where he can grip the edge of the rigging and grabs hold.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

With a skilled hand Ondir begins the ascent up the rigging to the crow's nest. Heh, not nearly as bad as what the old sea dog made me climb. Though I am glad the waves are rather calm now. As he's making his way up the rigging he glances over to check on the progress of the other recruits. Maybe I should slow down, I might not want sentry duty. Then again, I'm sure there are worse jobs. He turns his concentration to finishing the climb up to the crows nest.


Valen grimaced as he saw the half-elf take a severe lashing. Realizing that being defiant could end up with him being beaten, or worse, he decided to play along for now.

If I can get assigned to the crow's nest, that will give me time to plan and get a good bearing of the ship's going-ons. "Aye sir!!!" Shouldering a few of the recruits aside, he vaulted for the rigging and started to scramble up.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

He spotted out of the corner of his eye the undine who had doused him earlier, and the undine was beating him! Damn!


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1

Assuming Kithranna is still conscious 11 is his hps.

Kithranna Straightens his back suppresses a wince and starts to climb.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Easier than the jungle trees back home. Ah the breeze feels nice up here North huh I wonder where we are headed.

Kithranna will take his time climbing back down and on the ground say in a matter-of-fact tone Sure smells better up there.


Male Halfling Pirate (rogue) 1

"Hah! Never take the first job handed to you! Rank amateurs."


Female Slyph Bard (Sea Singer) 1

your total in nonlethal HP equals staggered

Climb check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Assuming that the staggered condition slows Kithranna a bit, Mr. Plugg turns to Ondir.

"You! Fishhead! You are rigger from now on. Ye´ll work directly for me."

"...and you..."

He turns to Riffelan.

"How good is yer cooking, wench?"


Female Slyph Bard (Sea Singer) 1

It's unfit for Orcs, much less hardy lads as these. What I can do with a pale of sea water might interest you some. Uhm, then again...

casts summon instrutment (zero level bard spell with v,s components)

I am better suited at keeping the crew in high spirits and those with muntinous thoughts busy daudling with their wee sausages.

Care for a sonnet?

she says while plucking the strings of her mandolin, checking for tune.


Male Undine Inquisitor 1

"Aye aye sir." Rigger, I hope that little race didn't get me more than I can handle. We'll see what's next after that lass tries to play her way out of cooking.

Ondir steps over to Kithranna and says, "Hold still a moment, just want to check on you." Without waiting he begins to check all the bruises caused by the earlier whipping and takes a glance at his hands making sure the beating and climb isn't going to leave any lasting injuries. "No broken skin, that's good. Infections on a ship can prove to be deadly. Lets hope you don't get injured anytime soon."

He drops his voice lower so his conversation might be missed by the distraction that is Riffelan, "North out of Port Peril isn't out of ordinary, any thoughts on whether we've been out for just a night or have they been keeping us drugged on taggit?" He glances at Kithranna to see what sort of reaction his comments bring.


Heaving a sigh, Valen scrambles back down the rigging. He notes the undine moving to the injured half-elf. Healer, perhaps? Something to remember.

Rolling his shoulders, he ambles over casually to the halfling, feigning a "job well done" to throw off suspicions. As he approaches, he drops to his haunches to bring himself to the short fellow's height, dropping his voice. "So tell me, Halfling, any idea what's going on? All I remember is a good crack to the head and waking up here. You seem to be more capable than the most of these 'volunteers' so I figure you might know more than them."


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1

@Ondir This was not my first beating and it won't be my last I am sure of that.

Grabs Ondir's hand with a firm handshake. I am Kithranna, uh thanks, and I will let you know when I find something out.

Turning towards Mr. Plugg Whats next Plugg, let's get on with it.


Female Slyph Bard (Sea Singer) 1

*Looks around for something that she can stand on. Be it a barrel, bucket, or bench something that can give her a view to everyone.


That´s MISTER Plugg for ye, stupid treehugger! Disrespect me agin, an´ lil´ kitty here will caress you agin!

Well, since sonnets won´t fill stomachs we still need someone who can cook. Mr. Plugg turns to Antal

What about you, childlover´s dream? I guess, that someone as good at eating as a halfling would cook reasonably well.

As for the rest of ya... Shut up, till I give you orders!

A pretty muscular halfling woman with long brown hair and a fierce look whispers to Valen, Ondir and Kithranna:

Shut up! Or else ol´ bu11hole Plugg will whip the sh1t out of us all ´til we can´t even spell our friggin´ names! Talk the he11 later!

@Riffelan: There are lots of crates and barrels. Assume, that you can stand were you want to... But then again, maybe you want to stay in line, til Mr. Plugg has finished...


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1

Kithranna sits cross legged and closes his eyes waiting "patiently."

Mother always said meditation helps combat many daemons, I am just now thinking it may be both outer and inner daemons.


Male Undine Inquisitor 1

Ondir merely nods his understanding to the halfling lass. Looks like that lass with the mandolin wasn't much a distraction from the strong willed Kithranna here. He doesn't sit, but shifts to a more comfortable standing position and watches what might unfold.

I wonder where they stowed our gear, I'd love to get back my waterskin and holy symbol if nothing else at this time. I wonder how many of these pirates revere the Pirate Queen, might change the way they treat me. Maybe the halfling lass would know where our gear is, she seems to have some knowledge of the crew and ship. He continues his musing but focuses on watching Mr. Plugg and his reactions to Riffelan.

Are the only new recruits the party?


Male Halfling Pirate (rogue) 1

"Well, Mister Plugg, while my people's reputation for fine cooking is well-deserved, I have neither the training nor the experience for such a distinguished position. However, if you would be so kind as to describe the remaining open positions, I would be more than willing to let you know for which I am best suited, good sir."


1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 Diplomacy check

To the elf, "It would seem the lot of us have been press-ganged in to the service of our new captain. What we should be asking is what happened to the old crew and why the need to quickly man this ship? The Wormwood seems to be a capable ship that could have easily attracted seasoned sailors given time. Best that we get to know our new shipmates and perform whatever duties are put to us to the best of our abilities until such time we can gain the upper hand over our captors. By the way, my name is Antal Wavecrest and I am delighted to meet you."


Valen nods in greeting to Antal. "Valen Riptide. Good to meet you." He is about to say more but at the halfling woman's words, straightens up and forces his attention back to Plugg. Hm, she does have a point. Better play the good pirate for now.


There are several new "recruits" on deck.

A woman crowned with a mane of fiery red locks looks like someone not to be crossed. Yet the smile lines at the corners of her eyes and the easy way she holds herself hint at a lighter side. She dresses to accentuate her figure, and her whole appearance speaks of the sea, from the seagull feather in her tricorne hat to the sailor tattoos on her arms. She openly wears two holy symbols of Besmara the Pirate Queen. One of them belongs to Ondir.

Short but fierce, the halfling woman that told you to shut up earlier has more muscles than most of the crew, and apparently a fouler mouth than all of them put together. She has a beautiful handaxe in her belt and a fiddle strapped to her back.

Why does everybody seem to have gear on this ship with the notable exception of you?

Another "volunteer" wears a blue Varisian scarf tied tight around his head. Around his neck hangs a holy symbol of...

K-religion DC 9:
...Pharasma, the keeper of the dead.

Perception DC 12:
He apparently hides a scar left where his ear should be.

Besides the muscular halfling stands a handsome gnome who wears a foppish purple hat, an eye patch, and a white silk shirt, and carries a dandyish cane. His appearance is that of someone pretending to be a
pirate, rather than a true buccaneer.

The other estimated dozen of rank-and-file-pirates seem to have been here for a longer time already.

Mr. Plugg turns his sadistic attention to Antal.

Since all halflings are liars, I´ll make ye cook anyway. Guess ye will suffice for peelin´ ´tatoes.

[b]The rest of yar will be deck swabs. Report to Mr. Scourge at once - he will get all of ye lazydoers workin´. And if he doesn´t, I´m pretty sure, his whip will help out...

And ye, half-a-man, yar will go to Fishguts in the galley. He will care for yar. Well, at least if he isn´t drunk as a skunk agin. If he is, I will make ye cook.

I will post the rules for your "ship actions" in the discussion-thread as soon as I can. Then your work will start :-) In the meantime, feel free to interact with the above mentioned NPCs. @Antal: If you like to go to the galley earlier, maybe you find someone to interact there, too. We just assume that you have a few minutes to speak with someone while going to your superiors.


Male Halfling Pirate (rogue) 1

"Report to Fishguts, aye sir."

Turning back to Valen for a quick moment, Antal shrugs and mouths, "Oh well."

Passing by the only other halfling in sight, using his native tongue, he says to her:

"Ud zyoct miil ayo ehi lyhi gryzcitkiepci dner lymd yw dni riz hishoudm em dy dni behdusocehm yw yoh mudoeduyr. Uw ayo syoct thyb pa dni keccia cedih wyh myli zyhtm, leapi myli iqdhe heduyrm syoct legi ud yr dy ayoh bcedi dnum ifi."

Halfling:
"It would seem you are more knowledgeable than most of the new recruits as to the particulars of our situation. If you could drop by the galley later for some words, maybe some extra rations could make it on to your plate this eve."


Female Slyph Bard (Sea Singer) 1

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

still with the instrument she saunters up to the gnome

Perception at the Gnome: getting a clear look at him if he has any insignias or signets rings 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Knowledge Local: to recognize them if present. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Female Slyph Bard (Sea Singer) 1

going to use my knowledge 1/day reroll if they are there


Male Undine Inquisitor 1

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 religion check
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 perception check

Ondir makes a mental note of the follower of the Lady of Graves, I wonder what his story is, looks like he might have been quite head strong in the beginning judging from the scar he's trying to hide. But noticing not one but two holy symbols of Besmara on the red haired lass he starts heading over to her. Another follower, I wonder will she be a friend or a rival? Stepping up to her he offers his hand in greeting ans speaking loud enough for the others to hear he introduces himself, "I am Ondir Stormrider, and you are?"

Ondir glances down at one of the holy symbols, the familiar wooden one, and says at a normal speaking level, "May the Black Lady bless your share." He watches her reaction to see if she's familiar with a slightly more obscure tittle for Besmara. I'll have to ask her if she's this ship's priests, what her title is, and how the others might treat a follower of Besmara. No sense in revealing a potential trump card just yet.


Valen looks over the other recruits as he slowly moves off to find Mr Scourge.
Knowledge(religion) 1d20 ⇒ 4
Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Hmm, woman is cute. Not sure if I want to test her friendliness though. Two holy symbols though? Perhaps one belongs to one of our other recruits. I think the halfling lass could break me in half, best give that one a wide berth. The scarred one could be a potential ally, though I'm not sure what god he worships. Best to play cautious until I find out. And the gnome...I have no idea what to make of that.

He chuckles lightly to himself as he goes to receive his assignment, flashing a quick smile and directing a nod to the redhead.


Male Halfling Pirate (rogue) 1

Antal does not wait for a response before heading below decks to find the galley and the cook, Fishguts. "I do hope the cook is just drunk enough to get some information out of him yet not so drunk that I must figure out how to serve a hungry crew by myself. I do not want to 'feel the caress of the cat' for an inedible meal."


@Antal: You may wish to use your ship action to influence Rosie. @Riffelan: Maybe you want to entertain the crew as your nighttime action? The gnome has no signs or something.[ooc]

The halfling lass just gives Antal a short nod - ever watchful of Mr. Plugg and his loose little kitty... My name is Rosie. And if you touch my beloved axe, I´ll chop your hands off... Only a warning, you seem a good lad, though.

[ooc]@Antal: Let´s just assume, that she seeks you out if you want to use your ship action on befriending her.

The red-haired woman smiles at Ondir. My name is Sandara. And the blessing of - may I say our? - patron be with you, too. I guess, this one belongs to you. I´ve been pressed into service like you other eight too. Do you know, whom this one belongs to? I got these items and my equipment from the quartermaster Grok. I told her, that Besmara would put a curse upon her for withholding her relics.

She gives Ondir his holy symbol and shows him a spell component´s pouch, that doesn´t belong to him.

As Antal enters the galley, a sharp stench of alcohol greets him. In the middle of a mess of kitchen-tools, food and working-tables sits a fat human, who may have been rather athletic in his youth. He seems drunken and has a nearly-empty bottle of rum in his rand. On his shoulder sits a chicken he was about to slaughter.

Cinn ye helpp mey catch shose ccchhhickin-twinnies? They shust te faist fer mey...


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1

K-religion 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Kithranna will walk over to the handsome gnome. Well met Master gnome, I am Kithranna, will you be so kind to give me the lay of the land so to speak aboard this ship. Who does what. And what they expect of me. My first time on a ship, as a crew member, you see.


Male Undine Inquisitor 1

Ondir nods and accepts his holy symbol and puts it away out of sight for now. "Well met, Sandara. Thank you for returning it to me. I've never seemed to need it for my spells, but I feel a bit off without it." He looks over the group of people he's been recruited with and sizes them up. "Unfortunately I am not sure. I lack mine and the only other spellcaster seems to be the pale lass. Though the half-elf Kithranna might also be more than he seems so far. As for the others I haven't had much time to meet them, but it might be a good conversation starter."

Who else is missing their spell components pouch?

Thinking ahead towards his new line of work Ondir turns to Sandara and asks, "How much do you know about the different jobs and who's assigned to them? I've been declared a rigger, though I only hope our patron looks out for me in such a position. Though my mentor was sure to teach me some things about being a sailor." He taps his mostly hidden holy symbol, contemplating how it might change others thoughts about him and asks quietly, "Wearing yours openly, how has the rest of the crew treated you? Has it been good to openly display our faith or would it have been better to not be so open about it with this particular crew?"


Male Halfling Pirate (rogue) 1

Fishgut's eye-watering breath does not help Antal's still present headache. "I would be happy to help you. Should I call you Mister Fishgut? Or is there another... less colorful name you would prefer?"


What kind of check should I make to catch the chicken or is this part of the Profession: cook check? When Rosie makes an appearance later I will take my daytime ship action to influence the muscled halfling.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Profession: cook check
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 Diplomacy check


For my nighttime ship action I will sneak about to find out where my equipment is kept.

20+8=28 Perception check to discover location and status of our equipment
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22 Stealth check to avoid being noticed


Task Rolls
Antal 1d6 ⇒ 5
Ondir 1d6 ⇒ 6
Valen 1d6 ⇒ 4
Kithranna 1d6 ⇒ 4
Riffelan 1d6 ⇒ 6

Kithranna

That is indeed a very good question my dear elven crew-mate. I am myself only for less than a day on board. So I am very sorry, but I know naught of this water-bound vessel.

Mr. Scourge gives Kithranna and Valen a rough push from behind as the two of them by chance happen to stand close to one another. Go to work you lazy pointy-ears! The two of you will haul the ropes and tie them knots today! Come on! Go to work, bastards! To emphasize his order, the whip cracks closely to Valen´s and Kithranna´s heads.

@Valen and Kithranna: Make the better of a strength- or p-sailor-check. Make an additional con-check. All of them are against DC
10.

Valen

You will find your task in Kithranna´s entry.

Ondir

Sandara smiles at Ondir. It is truly good to meet one of the same spirit on this ship. I think too it would be best to use this pouch as a first gift of alliance to whomever it belongs to. I am quite amazed of your exotic appearance. It is good, that Besmara doesn´t care for any borders and just sails across them without paying thought.

Ondir takes a short look around and sees nobody with a spell component pouch so far. Maybe he could look a little closer...

K-Arcana DC 12, only Ondir:
Telling by her musical instrument and the strong personality of the pale woman sitting on one of the barrels could very well be a bardic spellcaster.

Mr. Plugg barks a rough order across the ship in Ondir´s direction: Aye, Fishhead, get yer wet a*s*s over here. You do mainsail-duty today. We had serious collapsing-problems there. I recommend being better than that weak bastard before you.

@Ondir: Make the better of a strength- or p-sailor-check. Make an additional con-check. All of them are against DC 10.

Antal

Fishguts is a large, some would say fat, man, weighing well over 200 pounds and standing only 5 feet tall. He exudes an air of neglect, perhaps even despair, from the bushy tufts of black hair behind his ears, to his rotting teeth, to the stains on his filthy apron. He walks with a wallowing waddle.

Waitt! Tshiss iss mey friend Black-Hearted Bezebel! I wash only makin´ funnsies ´bout shlaughterin´ himm, ´cause he called my shtew a washte of poor fish! You cin jshust call mey Ambrose.

Fishguts - "Alcohol"-Check: 1d100 ⇒ 75
Concerning your ship actions: Just remind me when you think it is the right time to roleplay your ship actions.

All of you can spend a day- or nighttime action to get a list of all crew-members with bits of details of each of them. That would be DC 15 Diplomacy-Check to gather information.


Valen nudges the half-elf lightly and flashes a quick smile as he starts to go to work. "Guess us pointy-ears gotta stick together. Name's Valen."

Strength check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

I rolled the check under the assumption of working diligently with light talk to a PC. If this is not possible, just -4 from the check.

Constitution check 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Female Slyph Bard (Sea Singer) 1

I am unclear on the task roll

@ gnome; From where do you hail, crewman?

Emphasizing, the word "crewmen" to gain some sense of his stature?

Day Time Task: Work Dilgently

Night Time Task: Gather Infromation - via drinking. She gathers some salt water together (2 buckets) and casts Enhance Water, changing the water into Beer. She then passes it out to various Male Crewmen . Laughing and joking with them right after dinner.

Diplomancy Gather Infromation: getting a list of crew-members names, with bits of details on each of them.

1d4 ⇒ 4 hours to gather this infromation, as per the Diplomacy skill.

I believed Riff is in no physical danger so I am taking 10. That gives me 10+8+1=19 (skill total plus charming)


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1

Strength: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Constitution: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

There ... how ... was ... that

@Valen Shrugs


Male Undine Inquisitor 1

I can't officially roll on a DC 12 knowledge arcana check, cause I don't have a rank in it. But here it is anyways. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

"Oh, but I come from the sea, just like our patron once did. A marvelous connection. My best guess on the owner of that item would be the pale lass. She did summon an instrument out of thin air." Ondir's conversation is clearly at an end when Mr. Plugg calls him over for his first day of work. I'm going to get stuck with that nickname again? Ah well I've heard worse.

Ondir gives a stern gaze towards Mr. Plugg and replies, "Aye aye sir. I am quite dry right now. If you replaced the last guy I surely can't do worse." He heads over to start his work on the mainsail. Right to hard labor, great hopefully I'm not exhausted after this.

Daytime action will be to gather information about the crew.
Profession: Sailor check of 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 with style!
Contitution check of 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16 whew, not exhaustingly so.

Making easy work of the mainsail Ondir finds time enough to ply his fellow workers with question during short breaks, gathering what he can about the various different crew member. He's especially curious about the other riggers and whether any of the crew are hostile to us. Ondir makes sure to start with just the regular crew before beginning to ask about the officers. Of the officers he has a particular interest in Grok and any that he hasn't met yet.

Diplomacy check of 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21. I could roleplay this if you want but it might be best to let it happen. In general I'll probably want to roleplay influence actions but not much else.

Ondir is overall happy of the progress of the first day, he goes over his list of the crew and plans who he might start to befriend first. Though tonight he might want to get to know the other most recent recruits. First though it looks like it is getting close to the "bloody hour", hopefully no one is going to be punished just to keep us in line.


@Valen: Of course it´s possible. You can talk to Kithranna as much as you want during work. But working diligently will cost you your daytime ship action. The work is quite straining, so maybe you want to integrate that a bit into your roleplaying.

Valen works diligently and seems to get the details of the rope- and knot-stuff pretty fast. Even Mr. Scourge seems to react with grim acceptance, although he always seems to be on the lookout for the slightest misstake...

Kithranna works nearly as well, but all those hemp-ropes get quite heavy over time. In the evening, Kithrannas arms and back feel hot, ache a bit and he feels very tired. You are fatigued by the day´s end.

As Riffelan walks over to this "fake-pirate-gnome", his face brightens in delight. My fair lady, I hail from Port Peril like you do, I guess. I consider me a very lucky man to meet such an oasis of beauty and grace on this desert of ugliness called a ship.

Mr. Scourge approaches the excited gnome. Go to work you lazy bastard! If you ain´t usable at work, maybe Fishguts could use u in his frying pan. I would surely work on that. With a fierce kick in the back, the poor gnome is sent flying.

Mr. Scourge turns to Riffelan and whispers: From the moment I saw you in that tavern, I felt, that the both of us had something... in common. Maybe I could alleviate your work somewhat, if... You look way more beautiful than this red-haired wh0re of a Besmara-priest over there! He gives Riffelan a gamey look and an ugly grin.

@Riffelan: That´s because I didn´t told you, what work is for you so far. @Ondir: Yeah, I guess, the check is okay for now. Even someone without ranks should recognize a bard. Maybe DC was just to high on my part.

Ondir´s well-trained hands seem to work on their own. He seems to not even have to concentrate on the sails and ropes. During work, he talks to some of his fellow crew members. With a few well placed words, he gets a good overview over the whole crew.

Crew-List, so far only for Ondir:
Sandara Quinn (female human)
Rosie Cuswell (female Halfling)
Crimson "Cog" Cogward (male human)
Conchobhar Thurlach Shortstone (male gnome)
Barefoot Samms Toppin (female human)
Giffer Tibbs (female gnome)
Jack Scrimshaw (male human)
“Ratline” Rattsberger (male half ling)
Tilly Brackett (female human)
“Badger” Medlar (female half-elf )
Shivikah (female human)
Aretta Bansion (female human)
Fipps Chumlett (male human)
Jaundiced Jape (male half-orc)
Maheem (male human)
Slippery Syl Lonegan (female human)
Tam “Narwhal” Tate (male dwarf)
Jakes Magpie (male human)

There are some officers, too, but that would be another Diplomacy-check. Then, I´d give you more information about them than just gender and race.


Male Halfling Pirate (rogue) 1

Making a mental note to gently inquire about Ambrose's despair, Antal cheerfully proclaims, "Ambrose and Bezebel, it is very nice to meet your acquaintance's. I have been detailed to you as cook's mate by Mister Plugg. I will help in whatever way you need, my fine man. Shall we get started then?"

While botching his first day on the job, Antal looks forward to talking with Rosie and possibly gaining her confidence. Seeing her approach, Antal decides this woman looks as if she could cleave him in twain with her axe. So aside from their common race, that is another reason to befriend her. "Well met again, Rosie. It is nice to see another of the Hin aboard this ship. Would I know of your kin? I have no more kin to speak of but I did make it a habit to get to know the halfling crowd in Riddleport. One never knows when one might need a friend in this line of work, don't you agree? To wit, if you ever need my help, please let me know."

Once I am released from my duties and Rosie takes her leave I will roleplay my nighttime action of sneaking around the ship.


Valen grunts as he heaves a particular heavy amount of ropes. "The silent type huh? *Grunt* Well, I don't blame you, friend. You have had a very trying first day. I am sorry for your 'payment' in being defiant." He heaves the load he is carrying aside, starting to move off to another section. "But remember, you are not the only one who doesn't want to be here."

1 to 50 of 472 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dungeon Blaster´s Skulls and Shackles Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.