Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

Drums In the Deep, The Calling Of All Ages

Game Master william Nightmoon

A Tale Of Four Lost Souls, as they fight to survive.
For the night is dark, and full of Terrors.


101 to 150 of 167 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

game master

The well,


HP 13/13 | AC: 14 T: 13 Fl: 11 | CMB: +5 CMD: 16 | F +4 R +4 W +1 | Init -5 | Perc: +5 Animal Focus 1/1
Current Effects:

Not the way I was intending to run, but oh well.

Ssithinelor little trusted these other soft-skins, but they were better than being eaten by slime.

"What is ahead?" he shouts to them as he keeps running.

Sovereign Court

game master

The dwarf shakes his head. Don't go running off, trust me, you'll get lost. He grabs the cloaked figure and pulls him along. Best if we just run, get an Alchemist to remove that thing later...


Female Aasimar Cleric / 1

Lysa can only give a shrug and follow these new people away from the slimey creature that was just waiting to engulf them all.


CN male elf psychic (amnesiac) 1 | AC 12 (tch 12, ff 10) | CMD 11 | F +1, R +2, W +3 (+2 vs enchantment; +2 vs fear, death; -2 vs distraction, mind-affecting) | Init +2 | Per +7, SM +1 | HP 7/7 | phrenic points 3/3 | 1st level spells 4/4

”So you haven’t lost your memories?” Adrion asks the dwarf as they run. ”Also, where are we going? Is there some kind of civilized settlement down here?”


HP 13/13 | AC: 14 T: 13 Fl: 11 | CMB: +5 CMD: 16 | F +4 R +4 W +1 | Init -5 | Perc: +5 Animal Focus 1/1
Current Effects:

To be clear, Ssithinelor is running towards the dwarf now.

Sovereign Court

game master

The cloaked figure remains silent, his face hidden under dark shadows, the dwarf sighs. Ah, Yes, we are a small settlement, about 2,000, ye where headed the right direction, but that slime was blocking the way, has been for a while, we've had to find a way around it... The thing just doesn't seem to care what ye do to it... he says, once the group is safely away from the ooze. Now I know ye have lots of questions, like who ya are and such. As do we all... Most of us down 'ere woke up like I'm sure all ya did. however some where born here, or where here before even the first if us came here...


HP 13/13 | AC: 14 T: 13 Fl: 11 | CMB: +5 CMD: 16 | F +4 R +4 W +1 | Init -5 | Perc: +5 Animal Focus 1/1
Current Effects:

Ssithinelor hisses in surprise. "So many?" he asks, warily. The idea of being trapped in a village of so many soft-skins makes the lizardfolk nervous... but there doesn't seems to be a lot of choice just now.

"So what is this way around?" he asks, looking around cautiously.


Female Aasimar Cleric / 1

"Have any of those who woke here the same way as us were ever able to remember anything of their past lives? Or why they woke here or who brought them here? Has anyone ever came here to check up on those who were asleep? It seems odd to put so many down here without seeing how they are doing.... And are all the races of the settlement as mixed as our own?"

Lysa doubts that she will get any useful answers, but that doesn't stop here from asking a bunch of questions.

Sovereign Court

game master

the hooded figure seems to speak up... or rather his voice slinks into your minds. the Memories of your kind are hidden deep under a strange protective spell... his voice is alien, almost like he isn't even speaking, rather than showing you what he's saying. some have learned their pasts, but only fragments, strange visions... he "says"

the dwarf sighs, Ah, yeah, not all of us came like ye, some where born and raised here, and we are pretty diverse... other than the 2,000 or so of us that woke up like ye folks, there are the five times or so that where born here over the years... and yes, Haven is pretty diverse... strangely. come on, I'll explain more as we walk... he says, leading you all. Now, in the past we've used to have a team of people who would wait here and retrieve anyone who came in... every time a group was bound to come the chamber would seal, and anyone inside would vanish... replaced with the new arrivals. we don't know if they are taken out, or what, we are to afraid t' try. the dwarf sighs,

Then about five years ago they stopped coming, we didn't know why... then four years ago the goblins staged an attack against the chamber, drove our team off and we had to block it off. since then this area has become more infested with monsters, from the lurker to that slime you guys saw back there...

the hooded figure follows up behind the group, sliding along as if he was just floating, no visible movement.


HP 13/13 | AC: 14 T: 13 Fl: 11 | CMB: +5 CMD: 16 | F +4 R +4 W +1 | Init -5 | Perc: +5 Animal Focus 1/1
Current Effects:

Ssithinelor hisses quietly at the hooded figure's voice. He does not like nor trust the feel of a voice in his mind.

"What goblins?" he asks, tersely.


CN male elf psychic (amnesiac) 1 | AC 12 (tch 12, ff 10) | CMD 11 | F +1, R +2, W +3 (+2 vs enchantment; +2 vs fear, death; -2 vs distraction, mind-affecting) | Init +2 | Per +7, SM +1 | HP 7/7 | phrenic points 3/3 | 1st level spells 4/4

Seemingly comfortable with the hooded figure's telepathy, Adrion listens to the dwarf with obvious interest.

"If this area was blocked off, why are you and your... friend here?" he curiously asks.

Sovereign Court

game master

The dwarf Huffs, Me and Dark came here because the signal was lit. Ye see, when the chamber seals we have a system set up to let us know... Our superiors didn't want t' send a group to clear out the area, so me and Dark took it upon ourselves to come... he says, Oh, my name is Derik By the way, This is Dark... Or at least he calls himself Dark, his real name isn't pronounced verbally he points to the hooded figure. And the goblins are ah... Different. They sit somewhere between Hobgoblin and your standard greenskins... Only their skin is grey and they weild Obsidite weapons... Like that... Shard you have there... he says motioning to the dagger Ssith is carrying Assuming your the one who has it now


Female Aasimar Cleric / 1

"Did something bring the odd goblins down here too or are they native to these caverns? Has anyone ever tried to go up to the surface? Tried to escape this place?"


HP 13/13 | AC: 14 T: 13 Fl: 11 | CMB: +5 CMD: 16 | F +4 R +4 W +1 | Init -5 | Perc: +5 Animal Focus 1/1
Current Effects:

"The one who had that is dead," Ssithinelor states, simply, when Derik points to the dagger.

Ssithinelor doesn't have the dagger, he has a spear. I'd assume one of the casters who didn't come with a melee weapon got it.

"Do they always seek to kill those who appear?"


CN male elf psychic (amnesiac) 1 | AC 12 (tch 12, ff 10) | CMD 11 | F +1, R +2, W +3 (+2 vs enchantment; +2 vs fear, death; -2 vs distraction, mind-affecting) | Init +2 | Per +7, SM +1 | HP 7/7 | phrenic points 3/3 | 1st level spells 4/4

Adrion is only slightly less useless in melee with a weapon than without, so I think Lysa should have the dagger.

"I see. How is Haven governed?"

Sovereign Court

game master

Derik Huffs. It's a Democracy of sorts. Our people vote for representatives for each if the races, then the representatives get in a Counsel and decide Everything... We're coming to camp right now, Caught one of you straggling off, alone! Might ye know her? he asks, coming around a corner, where a fee Dwarves and a Halfing have set up camp, or at least something akin to a camp.

The Dwarves are armed similarly as Derik, however they seem to be armed with mining picks rather than actual Weapons.

The Halfing however is a different story...


Female Aasimar Cleric / 1

"Know her? I don't even know the ones that I am with. For that matter, I don't even know myself, so that is a pointless question to ask us."

Lysa looks closely at the Halfling, trying to see if anything resembling a memory pops up.


Female N (S) / CN (V) Halfling Vigilante 1 HP: 10/10 | AC: 13/13/11 | Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception +6

Catching Lysa's glance, Idial turns to face the woman before speaking.

"I know the feeling," she says, chuckling dryly; "I woke up hours ago in a dark room with no memory of who I am, where I am, or what I'm doing here. I didn't know anyone else was down here until the dwarves found me, and I certainly don't know you people." She pauses, as if thinking, then continues. "But you wouldn't be able to tell me anything I'm missing, would you?


HP 13/13 | AC: 14 T: 13 Fl: 11 | CMB: +5 CMD: 16 | F +4 R +4 W +1 | Init -5 | Perc: +5 Animal Focus 1/1
Current Effects:

"What was your symbol?" Ssithinelor asks, giving the halfling a suspicious look.


CN male elf psychic (amnesiac) 1 | AC 12 (tch 12, ff 10) | CMD 11 | F +1, R +2, W +3 (+2 vs enchantment; +2 vs fear, death; -2 vs distraction, mind-affecting) | Init +2 | Per +7, SM +1 | HP 7/7 | phrenic points 3/3 | 1st level spells 4/4

"No, I'm afraid we are in precisely the same situation," Adrion replies to Idial. "In any case, I feel we should continue moving away from the goblins. How far away is Haven exactly?" he asks Derik.


Female N (S) / CN (V) Halfling Vigilante 1 HP: 10/10 | AC: 13/13/11 | Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception +6

Idial nods in acknowledgment of Adrion's answer, then turns to Ssithinelor and gives him a curious look. "Symbol? Well, when I woke up I found a tag depicting a thief; a scoundrel; sumpin' like that. Did you and your...friends find sumpin' similar?"


HP 13/13 | AC: 14 T: 13 Fl: 11 | CMB: +5 CMD: 16 | F +4 R +4 W +1 | Init -5 | Perc: +5 Animal Focus 1/1
Current Effects:

Ssithinelor nods curtly, but of course gives no description of what his was. "Let us keep moving," he says.


Female Aasimar Cleric / 1

Lysa is ready to keep on moving as well.

Sovereign Court

game master

Derik nods. Aye! Best be moving before the darkness finds us. Up lads, We're making our way back t' haven! the group of dwarves grumbles as they begin to move.

It takes almost half a day, the dwarves navigating the tunnels, letting you know that the markers for haven are notches facing the tunnel floor. Perfectly cut with a pick. You arrive, Tired- sure that if you could see the sun it would be setting.

The Doors to Haven are almost undistinguishable from the walls, where it not for the burly Dragonborn standing gaurd...

Speaking if which you've seemed to loose a member somewhere... But memory of him fades away, leaving your minds...

The gaurd's stop you. Halt! Orders are to keep the Gates closed. The darkness has been spotted only two levels away, one says, But dint worry, The Counsel has approved to let you all stay at the Outpost. Derik curses in Dwarven, and they lead you to a small room... As you ready yourselves for sleep- everyone taking time to establish shifts, the cloaked figure Dark comes to you.I can find your names... Of you wish... The first peice of your puzzle. All who come here either wish to know it... Or make themselves a new one...


HP 13/13 | AC: 14 T: 13 Fl: 11 | CMB: +5 CMD: 16 | F +4 R +4 W +1 | Init -5 | Perc: +5 Animal Focus 1/1
Current Effects:

Ssithinelor eyes Dark suspiciously. "What do you mean?" he asks.


CN male elf psychic (amnesiac) 1 | AC 12 (tch 12, ff 10) | CMD 11 | F +1, R +2, W +3 (+2 vs enchantment; +2 vs fear, death; -2 vs distraction, mind-affecting) | Init +2 | Per +7, SM +1 | HP 7/7 | phrenic points 3/3 | 1st level spells 4/4

Adrion trudges along silently on the way to Haven, but jerks into alertness when Dark speaks. "I would be much obliged if you could do so, but I'm curious how you expect to accomplish this."


Female N (S) / CN (V) Halfling Vigilante 1 HP: 10/10 | AC: 13/13/11 | Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception +6

Idial is intrigued by Dark's offer, but she can't help feeling suspicious about the figure's certainty.

"I yearn to learn my identity, yes; but how do you plan to find it?"


Female Aasimar Cleric / 1

"I would like to learn my name as well, but would also like to first know how you plan on doing it. I don't want to blindly agree to anything, especially when I have no previous memories to judge things by."


HP 13/13 | AC: 14 T: 13 Fl: 11 | CMB: +5 CMD: 16 | F +4 R +4 W +1 | Init -5 | Perc: +5 Animal Focus 1/1
Current Effects:

(I was realizing this would have happened earlier on)

Ssithinelor looks at Derik and asks, "What is this darkness?"

Sovereign Court

game master

Earlier:
Derik looks to Ssith, A strange inky blackness that wanders the tunnels, it devours everything in it's path, but we've found it cannot enter certain areas... Haven not being one of them...

Now:
The hooded figure shows his hands, his blue tinted skin clear over his three fingered hands. I can look for it... In your minds... my people are skilled in the matters of the mind. We help your kind find your memory, Although if we do too much at once it drives you mad...


HP 13/13 | AC: 14 T: 13 Fl: 11 | CMB: +5 CMD: 16 | F +4 R +4 W +1 | Init -5 | Perc: +5 Animal Focus 1/1
Current Effects:

Earlier:

"Does it follow prey?" Ssithinelor asks, thinking of his encounter with it.

Now:

Ssithinelor trusts this not at all. He waits for some of the soft-skins to risk themselves before accepting.

If the others take the offer and don't go mad or anything he'll go with it.


Female N (S) / CN (V) Halfling Vigilante 1 HP: 10/10 | AC: 13/13/11 | Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception +6

Idial takes a moment to weigh her options. She doesn't know if she can fully trust Dark, but she somehow finds his offer too enticing to refuse.

"Well, I don't 'ave much for madness to take right now." She gestures to Dark's hands. "When can you start?"


CN male elf psychic (amnesiac) 1 | AC 12 (tch 12, ff 10) | CMD 11 | F +1, R +2, W +3 (+2 vs enchantment; +2 vs fear, death; -2 vs distraction, mind-affecting) | Init +2 | Per +7, SM +1 | HP 7/7 | phrenic points 3/3 | 1st level spells 4/4

Adrion pauses, deep in thought. Despite the risk of insanity, he decides recovering his identity is of the utmost importance.

"I would like your treatment as well. Just try not to do too much at once." He smiles nervously. "Also, what have the memories of others in our situation been like? Do you know how they got down here, and is there any pattern to the kind of life they had before arriving here?"

Sovereign Court

game master

Dark chortles. The most common event is that each who comes down here has one great and deep regret... There is a common theme that those who learn their full life are driven mad by their regret, or they embrace whatever happened to them and attempt to kill those around them... Never telling us what their crime was... he moves first to the Psychic, placing a finger on his forehead.

For a second nothing happens, that is untill he feels the strange presence among his thoughts, it feels like there is a hand in his head, feeling his mind rather than looking at it, Your name is Adrion Idaira... Says Dark, quickly taking his hand away. adrion feels that if Dark hadn't stopped, then something else would have just broken through... Something... Else.


CN male elf psychic (amnesiac) 1 | AC 12 (tch 12, ff 10) | CMD 11 | F +1, R +2, W +3 (+2 vs enchantment; +2 vs fear, death; -2 vs distraction, mind-affecting) | Init +2 | Per +7, SM +1 | HP 7/7 | phrenic points 3/3 | 1st level spells 4/4

Adrion pauses, expecting Dark to keep going, then realizes that he is done. "Are you going to continue? I'd like to know more than just my name, even if there is a risk of mental breakdown. It felt like just a little more would have unlocked quite a bit of my mind."


HP 13/13 | AC: 14 T: 13 Fl: 11 | CMB: +5 CMD: 16 | F +4 R +4 W +1 | Init -5 | Perc: +5 Animal Focus 1/1
Current Effects:

Ssithinelor watches warily, trying to gauge whether or not he should risk going through this himself.


Female Aasimar Cleric / 1

Seeing the elf not turn into a raving lunatic or anything, Lysa will step forward next to undergo the procedure.


Female N (S) / CN (V) Halfling Vigilante 1 HP: 10/10 | AC: 13/13/11 | Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception +6

Adrion's intact sanity assuages Idial's concerns about the procedure, so she will eagerly volunteer for treatment after Dark finishes with Lysa.

Sovereign Court

game master

Dark chuckled, I'm afraid, all I offered was your name, I am not authorized to do anything else... it says, If you wish to have yourself reduced to a vegetable, or rather driven mad, then you aught to ask the grand mindsculpter it then turns to the others Next? it asks, a pair of yellow eyes now visible under the hood.

For each if you who wish to learn their name, he repeats the prosses, for each of you it feels different... Although you wouldn't be able to tell even if you told the others how it felt.

Once it's finished, dark bows, Now, since I am finished, I guess I should explain how I'm able to do that... If you are curious that is.


HP 13/13 | AC: 14 T: 13 Fl: 11 | CMB: +5 CMD: 16 | F +4 R +4 W +1 | Init -5 | Perc: +5 Animal Focus 1/1
Current Effects:

Ssithinelor hesitantly goes last, wary of any duplicity. He steps back as soon as Dark is done, making no comment about the experience. His thoughts mostly centered around whether or not Dark or creatures like him could search his mind without his permission.

"I would know, if we cannot remember, how can you find it?" he asks, suspiciously.

Sovereign Court

game master

Before Dark can explain, a gaurd burst into the room, Everyone quiet! Goblins... he says, Barring the door.

Suddenly Drums fill the cavern, they shake the very ground. Whatever was playing them... Must be utterly massive. For it would take drums 5 stories tall to make such a deep and fearsome rumble.

The sounds of screeching can be heard from the other side of the door, and something bangs against it, loudly.
Everyone! Out the back! yells the gaurd. If you wish to live run, your life depends on it! Dark and Derek quickly get the rest of the group and make their way to the back of the room, where one if the other members of the party is pushing a secret door open. Wood splinters and a black blade can be seen poking through the main door. Everyone Out now!


HP 13/13 | AC: 14 T: 13 Fl: 11 | CMB: +5 CMD: 16 | F +4 R +4 W +1 | Init -5 | Perc: +5 Animal Focus 1/1
Current Effects:

Ssithinelor doesn't need to be told twice. As soon as a back door is mentioned, he is sprinting for it.


Female N (S) / CN (V) Halfling Vigilante 1 HP: 10/10 | AC: 13/13/11 | Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perception +6

"Mindsculptor." Idial can't help feeling suspicious and somewhat unnerved by that word, and she begins to wonder whether the memory Dark gave her was true, or merely pieced together from the wreckage of her mind for some nefarious purposes.

However, the sight of a blade breaking through the main door spurs Idial to action. Wasting no time, she dashes to the back exit.


Female Aasimar Cleric / 1

Lysa turns and flees with everyone else.


CN male elf psychic (amnesiac) 1 | AC 12 (tch 12, ff 10) | CMD 11 | F +1, R +2, W +3 (+2 vs enchantment; +2 vs fear, death; -2 vs distraction, mind-affecting) | Init +2 | Per +7, SM +1 | HP 7/7 | phrenic points 3/3 | 1st level spells 4/4

Adrion races towards the secret door with his newly enhanced speed.

Sovereign Court

game master

The sound of battle is clear behind you, as the dwarves move to shut the heavy stone door, slowly turning it back, one creature manages to slip past before it closes, but it swiftly gets Crushed By Derek's Hammer. Best we find our way around to the east door he says, leading the group away. The drums continue to shake the floor as you proceed, your certain enemies are around every corner, until you come around a bend and are startled by another patrol.
This patrol is lead by an elven woman, and within her group are a few Lizardfolk and Dragonborn as well.

We came to scout the army size, fro. What we hear it's huge... she says to Derek, who only nods. Dark comes close to her, and silent words are exchanged. That many? By the gods... Alright! We'll take you in through a backdoor, come! says the elf, leading you all away.


HP 13/13 | AC: 14 T: 13 Fl: 11 | CMB: +5 CMD: 16 | F +4 R +4 W +1 | Init -5 | Perc: +5 Animal Focus 1/1
Current Effects:

Ssithinelor is a bit less wary of this new group on seeing there are Lizardfolk among them. He tries to approach them as the group sets off, but says nothing to them for the time being. For now, it is time to focus on survival.


CN male elf psychic (amnesiac) 1 | AC 12 (tch 12, ff 10) | CMD 11 | F +1, R +2, W +3 (+2 vs enchantment; +2 vs fear, death; -2 vs distraction, mind-affecting) | Init +2 | Per +7, SM +1 | HP 7/7 | phrenic points 3/3 | 1st level spells 4/4

Adrion follows, glad to see another elf but intent on escape for the moment.

101 to 150 of 167 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Drums In The Deep, The Legend Told All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.