Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Dream of the Red Chamber: Kyrademon's Jade Regent PBP, Part IV

Game Master Kyrademon


1,451 to 1,500 of 1,658 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>

Human Ranger
Alaric Graff wrote:
Melinda Sorn wrote:

Mel returns the hug, a quiet "Thank you."

Later, Myri's gifts are revealed to be a baby blanket embroidered with frogs and a hobgoblin plushie. Melinda grins over at Myri, holding the stuffed toy, fingers tracing over the frog. "So adorable..." her voice delighted, "Thank you, Myri. He'll be a good guardian for her."

When Alaric sees the gifts, he lets out a very pleased laugh. "Thank you, Myri. Those are perfect. Just perfect."

Myri grins from ear to ear. "Thank you for saying that. That makes me...very happy." she says with tears in her eyes.


Family Wagon:
Zaiobe and Reta crowd around to see Milena, insofar as two people can crowd. Zaiobe smiles sweetly at the child.

<She's beautiful.>

Reta examines the baby solemnly and manages to restrain herself from poking it.


Liothonae:
Shortly before the baby shower, Buttersnips would give you a rattle that looks remarkably like a glittering rattlesnake's tail, and a mobile hung with dragon claws, scales, and teeth that somehow gives the impression of being the hand of some strange creature.


Male Half-elf Barbarian
Myriana Bayden wrote:

Myri tries to help Rhost with the food preparation.

...and quite possibly makes him redo whatever it was she happened to be working on. "Sorry, Rhost, I...I'm such a klutz. I...guess I'm just nervous." She looks up at him apologetically after possibly attempting to lightly season vegetables and having the top of the bottle fall off, spilling over everything.

"Nervous," Rhost says, sweeping the overseasoned vegetables into a pile. "I also." Rhost starts to chop up the vegetables, speaking a word every other vegetable. "Melinda. Alaric. Competent."

Rhost looks over to Myriana, and doesn't say anything. He shrugs, his eyes glistening a bit. "Do what we can."

He hands Myriana one of the few remaining squash from the other side of the world, and a spoon. "Hollow?"


Male Half-elf Barbarian

THE ROAD SOUTH, WEEK 2

Melinda Sorn wrote:

Mel shrugs, "Which version of spicy will get Milena moving? Pepper?"

"How is Kelda?" She shrugs, "Jum b'jum hija tajba. Imma għandek bżonn biex wieħed jemmen li hemm xi ħaġa tajba fil-futur. Xi ħaġa li jżommu lill meta d-dinja hija skoraġġanti." She smiles, "Do you u Kelda għandhom pjanijiet?"

"Pepper?" Rhost guesses, and starts to spice the soup. "Ideas," Rhost says. "Not plans. Not yet. Ma jimmaniġġaw tfixkil ukoll, kieku kellu jiġri."

Goblin:
"Would not handle well disruption, if it were to happen."


Human Ranger
Rhost Mab-i-gof wrote:

"Nervous," Rhost says, sweeping the overseasoned vegetables into a pile. "I also." Rhost starts to chop up the vegetables, speaking a word every other vegetable. "Melinda. Alaric. Competent."

Rhost looks over to Myriana, and doesn't say anything. He shrugs, his eyes glistening a bit. "Do what we can."

He hands Myriana one of the few remaining squash from the other side of the world, and a spoon. "Hollow?"

Myri does as requested and tries hard to focus on the task at hand.


Female Quarter-Orc Sorcerer

THE ROAD SOUTH, WEEK 2

Rhost Mab-i-gof wrote:
"Pepper?" Rhost guesses, and starts to spice the soup. "Ideas," Rhost says. "Not plans. Not yet. Ma jimmaniġġaw tfixkil ukoll, kieku kellu jiġri."

Mel watches the spicing of the soup, her expression thoughtful. Finally, with a sad smile, "Nifs huwa tranżitorju. Speċjalment ma dak li nagħmlu ... Pjan għall-futur jista 'jkun u tieħu bħala ħafna minnu fil-hawn u issa li nistgħu." She shrugs, "Jekk dan jagħmel sens ..." Soft smile, "It does to me."

goblin:
Breath is transitory. Especially with what we do... Plan for the possible future and take as much of it in the here and now that we can.

If that makes sense...


Male Human Cleric 10

Family Wagon:
While Milena meets her family, Alaric performs a quick clairvoyant examination of mother and child. Just to be sure.


Female Quarter-Orc Sorcerer

Family Wagon:
Melinda smiles back at Zaiobe, absolutely agreeing with the silent assessment. She also carefully puts Milena's tiny hand on Reta's finger which she did not use to poke her little sister.

In a little bit, when the line of concentration leaves Alaric's face, Mel moves, with help, into the bunk. She falls asleep almost immediately after putting pillows around the small baby, curling around the soft nest.


Female Quarter-Orc Sorcerer

Alaric:
Nothing fancy, but for Mel it is Alaric and that is exactly what she needs. She gasps with pleasure and need as she feels him, one hand reaching for his, needing that connection.

It's almost enough to make Melinda forget the existance of their daughter.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1

Kalimac and Attatoq:

"After it is." Lio replies. "Tomorrow sounds good... thank ye Kalimac."

To Attatoq, she says, in Halfling"I would like you to write a poem for me, because I do not have the poet's gift. A poem for Shalelu. Do you need information from me to do so? Please let me know what you would like in exchange for the poem. I have never commissioned poetry before, so, I am not sure what price would be appropriate. " A glance at Kalimac, in case he has any ideas.

Shalelu Shopping:

Lio is drawn to rings that twist and turn, somewhat like vines or brambles or roots. She notices one that resembles a cluster of roses on the vine, made out of rose gold, the twisting vines they sit upon made up out of polished Koa, resulting in a ring with three thin bands, all interconnected, like tangled brambles. The ring is finished with a garnet at the center of each flower bud, only visible if you look into the highly detailed pedals.

Pyonna:

"Madam Pyonna. It is an honor to meet you. Forgive my directness, but I am terrible at small talk. I represent the Mvashti or were we using Sandru's last name? Please assume Lio knows which name to use and Vhiski Trade consortium, and am interested in investing in one or more caravana heading back to the other side of the world. As those of us vested in said trade agreement are not from here, I would like your assistance in arranging for the investment. "

Jorun:

Lio nods, after a moment's consideration. He was right. On both counts. "Well, Aime ah poor friend, an' terrible teacher, ...I realized this mornin' I never asked ye when ye were born. Been thinkin about et ever since. I unnerstand such things are celebrated, to show our appreciashun for 'e person being brought ento 'e world. An' I wonted ta let ye know, thot Aime glad yer here. So I would ask ye, yer birthday, if ye know it. I will naught share the enformashun weth anyunne, if ye dunna wish et divulged."

Myri:

Lio shrugs. "Ah kenn witches moight make use of et. Could use fur and feath'rs frum regular animals though, since we hunt so much fer dinner anyway." A pause, "juju?" She looks questioning at you.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1

Buttersnips:

Lio grins at Buttersnips, happy to see the artist envision her work. Not about to argue how sales allow for funds for more art. "Well, I should let you to your work." She says softly enough not to actually disturb Buttersnips' revery.

Shalelu dessert:

Lio takes the opportunity to feed you again after you've spoken, but before she says anything. Then to offer you some wine. And lastly she glances around, and repositions herself just a little, that no one can easily see Lio's hand slowly traveling up along the inside of your thigh.

1d20 + 19 ⇒ (9) + 19 = 28 Perception to notice other's watching, and figure out how to position herself best so that your upper thighs are hidden from view as much as possible.

"I suppose it is a good thing that the first rule exists, then." She says very softly, leaning over to whisper in your ear. Her warm breath caressing your sensitive lobe. "And that I intend to &*@$ you thoroughly, every single day, for the rest of our lives. I understand that sort of thing burns a lot of calories. So I suppose if you start to gain weight, you'll just have to be the one doing all of the work in whatever position we happen to be in, while I enjoy all of the carnal benefits of your labor." Her voice is low, breathy, filled with lust. Her hand glides up along your inner thigh, under your dress, until it reaches those panties. And then her fingers start to play with your moist lower lips, as the opening in the panties offers no protection against her questing fingers.

"But that is only one of your indiscretions. What else have you done?" Two fingers push their way, very slowly, inside you, while at the same time she feeds you another bite. "I suggest, you stay on topic, and do not stop talking, until you've run out of confessions to make. I'll interrupt you, if I desire clarification. And... Shalelu?" She says your name, like it is a gift to her from the heavens, "Do not moan. Under no circumstances, are you to react to whatever my hand might be doing. At this moment, you are only permitted to confess your wrongdoing, so that you may be duly punished and by that punishment, absolved of your crimes. Do not add to that list, by disobeying me now."

You are relatively certain that it takes all of her composure to remind herself that there is an audience. That she cannot bend you over the cold marble of the fountain and take you, like she wants to. You catch the briefest glint in her eye, that she almost doesn't care. That she might do it. And then her expression changes just a little, no less lustful, but an acceptance of delayed pleasure. Because taking you in an hour or two, when your bottom was red and hot and smarting, would be immensely satisfying. And it was something she wanted you to ache for. To beg for. To desire as much as she desired it. With that in mind, her fingers wiggle inside you, play, tease, but they do not take you over the edge, at any point. Release, is denied you, even as you are built up close, and kept there, right on the edge. While she expects you to talk, and occasionally feeds you a morsel to eat, or gives you some wine.


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1
Kyrademon wrote:

Desnus 23 - GUARDIAN OF THE WAY

The waymarker weighs about 100 pounds, and with the aid of Melinda's spell, it is not astonishingly difficult for Rhost to set it back into place.

A sense of satisfaction and well-being settles over all of you.

All of you receive a +1 luck bonus to all saving throws for one week.

For resetting the Waymarker, all of you may increase your Relationship score with Koya by +1

A wizened, two-foot tall man in rough homespun robes steps out of the waymarker. He sniffs at the trailmix Myriana left, and then bows to all of you.

|To you thanks be for the doing,| he says.

Lio was about to help Rhost, but quickly realizes he doesn't need any assistance. She smiles at the small man, and returns the respectful bow. Her gaze has a hard time leaving the trees. She keeps looking up at the forest, immensely happy to be here. Her glance goes to Shalelu, to see her reaction to the many trees.


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1
Melinda Sorn wrote:
Myriana Bayden wrote:
Kyra wrote:
Perhaps a week after you have left Ordu-Aganhei, a baby shower is thrown. All are invited.
Myri attends. She looks around, shrugs and puts down a couple of parcels. Then goes to hug Mel and whispers in her ear.

Mel returns the hug, a quiet "Thank you."

Later, Myri's gifts are revealed to be a baby blanket embroidered with frogs and a hobgoblin plushie. Melinda grins over at Myri, holding the stuffed toy, fingers tracing over the frog. "So adorable..." her voice delighted, "Thank you, Myri. He'll be a good guardian for her."

Lio and Shalelu attend together. Several parcels in hand, Lio puts them next to Myri's presents. "From Buttersnips, and us." She says softly, her hand ending up in Shae's after the presents are safely put down.

The presents are, in order, a rattle that looks remarkably like a glittering rattlesnake's tail, a mobile hung with dragon claws, scales, and teeth that somehow gives the impression of being the hand of some strange fantastical creature, and lastly some simple yet very sturdy baby clothes, in various sizes, intended to last through the baby's first year. The little jumpers have knees that are reinforced with buttery soft leather patches, for the crawling stage.

"I will keep an eye out for elf bones." She adds, helpfully. "For when she's bigger." She's joking. Probably.

Kyrademon:

How much do baby clothes cost? Is 10 gp sufficient for a series of sturdy outfits, or what do you think?


Male Human (Ulfen) Oracle of Battle 10

Blitzpost!

Some time after the Oni massacre

Hrunndalf asks Miyaro, "So is the fox shape your true form?"

Baby Shower

Hrunndalf says, "It would seem it befalls me to arm our new recruit. Very well, then."

He adds a tiny wooden toy dagger to the pile. It is large enough not to be swallowed, ridiculously rounded on all sides for safety, and so stubby as almost to be spherical. It is most likely the least dangerous weapon-like object on Golarion.


Male Human Cleric 10

Alaric breathes a little easier. He was convinced Buttersnips was going to give the most terrifying stuffed animal in history. As it is, there is merely a mobile beckoning their child into its hellish skymaw. The clothes he inspects closely. Once he determines that the jumpers actually have built in handles, he nods appreciatively. "Thank you," he says to all three women.

As for the dagger, he admonishes Hrunndalf: "She's going to be a healer." Alaric breaks into a smile. "Just kidding. She's going to be... something neither Mel nor I can foresee. Thank you."


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1
Alaric Graff wrote:

Alaric breathes a little easier. He was convinced Buttersnips was going to give the most terrifying stuffed animal in history. As it is, there is merely a mobile beckoning their child into its hellish skymaw. The clothes he inspects closely. Once he determines that the jumpers actually have built in handles, he nods appreciatively. "Thank you," he says to all three women.

[/b]

Lio smiles happily at both Mel and Alaric. "Thought she might like ta 'ave a remembrance of the battle weth 'e white dragon. Since she was there. But didnna get ta see it." Lio explains about the mobile.


Alaric Graff wrote:
Alaric breathes a little easier. He was convinced Buttersnips was going to give the most terrifying stuffed animal in history. As it is, there is merely a mobile beckoning their child into its hellish skymaw. The clothes he inspects closely. Once he determines that the jumpers actually have built in handles, he nods appreciatively. "Thank you," he says to all three women.

"Do you think the child might like a stuffed animal?" Buttersnips asks. "I have a number of pieces that might work."


Some time after the Oni massacre

Hrunndalf Jarlsson wrote:
Hrunndalf asks Miyaro, "So is the fox shape your true form?"

"Yes," she answers, somewhat warily.


Male Human Cleric 10
Kyrademon wrote:
"Do you think the child might like a stuffed animal?" Buttersnips asks. "I have a number of pieces that might work."

"No, no! Myri has that covered!" Alaric says hastily.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Desnus 23 - GUARDIAN OF THE WAY

liothonae cromvathar wrote:
Lio was about to help Rhost, but quickly realizes he doesn't need any assistance. She smiles at the small man, and returns the respectful bow. Her gaze has a hard time leaving the trees. She keeps looking up at the forest, immensely happy to be here. Her glance goes to Shalelu, to see her reaction to the many trees.

Shalelu looks openly delighted to have reached a forested region.

|What you seek here do?| the little man asks the group.


Alaric:
Both mother and child appear to be healthy as far as your clairvoyant examination can tell.


Female Quarter-Orc Sorcerer
liothonae cromvathar wrote:
Lio smiles happily at both Mel and Alaric. "Thought she might like ta 'ave a remembrance of the battle weth 'e white dragon. Since she was there. But didnna get ta see it." Lio explains about the mobile.

Mel smiles her thanks to Lio, "And a good reminder for the leek that regardless of the horrible danger her mother takes her into, her father is there to patch us up." She squeezes Alaric's hand.

Mel looks at the wooden dagger, and then grins over at Hrunndalf, "It might work as a bludgeoning weapon... So good for skeletons."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Quarter-Orc Sorcerer

Desnus 23 - GUARDIAN OF THE WAY

Kyrademon wrote:

Shalelu looks openly delighted to have reached a forested region.

|What you seek here do?| the little man asks the group.

Mel smiles, |In the forest, travel. Forage and hunt enough to have food. We are on a journey to Minkai.|

Diplomacy 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Kyrademon:
K:planar? 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (15) + 21 = 36


Alaric Graff wrote:
"No, no! Myri has that covered!" Alaric says hastily.

Various other people contribute useful supplies - including a large stack of diapers from Koya, a set of pacifiers and teething rings from from Spivey, a baby sling from Uksahkka, a chew toy from Attatoq, a pair of booties from Ulf, a sheaf of lullabies arranged for flute from Ameiko, a soft cap from Sandru, and a variety of other items.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Desnus 23 - GUARDIAN OF THE WAY

Melinda Sorn wrote:
Mel smiles, |In the forest, travel. Forage and hunt enough to have food. We are on a journey to Minkai.|

|Then stupid completely you are,| he replies gravely. |The road take. Not the forest is travelers for.|

Melinda:
He is a kami, you think perhaps of the kind that stands guard over lesser works of civilization, such as signposts and tiny garden statues.


Female Quarter-Orc Sorcerer
Kyrademon wrote:
Various other people contribute useful supplies - including a large stack of diapers from Koya, a set of pacifiers and teething rings from from Spivey, a baby sling from Uksahkka, a chew toy from Attatoq, a pair of booties from Ulf, a sheaf of lullabies arranged for flute from Ameiko, a soft cap from Sandru, and a variety of other items.

After thanking everyone, Melinda gives every person a tiny cloth wrapped gift. In explanation, "Alaric keeps reminding me that Milena will be a loud, squalling baby before long. I figured that having to hear her is more of our responsibility."

Each member of the caravan, including the non-humanoids, is given a pair of superb earplugs.


Liothonae/Shalelu Shopping:
"I love it deeply," Shalelu says of the ring that has caught your eye. "For you, or for me? Or shall we get a matched set?"

Liothonae/Pyonna:
Vhishki would be the named used.

Pyonna nods. "Very well. How much were you planning to invest?"

Liothonae/Jorun:
He shakes his head. "Don't know when I was born," he says. "Winter, sometime."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Cleric 10

Family Wagon:
As Alaric's eyes refocus from his hands-free examination, he smiles. "Both of you are doing fine," he says softly. "If you need anything..." he points to his temple, and gently escorts Zaiobe and Reta from the wagon.

Around five hours after helping Mel into the truck, Alaric emerges with Zaiobe and Reta, looking exhausted and overjoyed. He stops dead in his tracks at Rags, then shrugs, and scratches the rhino behind the ear, then leads him away from the wagon. Once he's a reasonable distance away from the family wagon, he comes to the fire. "Mel and the baby are fine. They're sleeping now. When she's ready to have visitors, you can go in one at a time."


Male Human Cleric 10
Kyrademon wrote:
Various other people contribute useful supplies - including a large stack of diapers from Koya, a set of pacifiers and teething rings from from Spivey, a baby sling from Uksahkka, a chew toy from Attatoq, a pair of booties from Ulf, a sheaf of lullabies arranged for flute from Ameiko, a soft cap from Sandru, and a variety of other items.

Alaric thanks everyone, genuinely touched by this show of love and support.


Female Quarter-Orc Sorcerer

FLEX - Desnus 2 - Reta's Shindig

Rhost Mab-i-gof wrote:
Kyrademon wrote:
"It am lovely," Reta says, looking it over. "Reta never am trusted horses either. She am keep extra sharp watch while am on guard duty, and if one am step out of line, bam! Right in evil horse eye. Thank you."
Rhost nods. "More concealable than dogslicer."

After the dim sum breakfast, as promised, they head back to the caravan housed in the royal stables. From her parents there are three presents: a small campfire bead ("Not as exciting as Myri's fiery arrows of doom, but so that you can always have fire."), an amulet of natural armor +1 ("To add to your tank-ness"), and a beautiful bow decorated with etched flames (small +1 composite longbow (STR 12); "Sadly, not a flaming bow").


Female Quarter-Orc Sorcerer

Makoa:
Quote:

Very well. I shall explain.

A shaman is one who has been invested with special power in order to further the interests of their tribe.

Some of your answers to my questions have been wise, and some have been unwise. There is no shame in the latter; you are yet young.

However, you have confused your tribe with your friends, and, as I think you yourself realized at the end, your responsibilities as a shaman with your basic responsibilities as a person.

Your friends are something that you choose, and you bear the same responsibilities to them that any mortal being does. And your answers to my questions have been along those lines.

A shaman's tribe is something that chooses the shaman. Often, as in this case, it is based at least in part in a hereditary relationship. But not always. And the choice is always the one who is most likely to further the interests of the tribe.

The tribe for which you are shaman is the Defiled Corpse tribe of orcs. It is their interests that you are tasked with furthering. Your other answers have simply reflected your ideas about your basic responsibilities as a person to your friends and loved ones.

Why have you been chosen? I can only imagine in this case that the tribe needed someone who would fulfill a task far from the Hold of Belkzen. In Tian Xia, more likely than not. I presume it is therefore not to lead them to victory in battle or crush their foes. I think you have had some hints already as to what your task as a shaman might eventually be.

If you wish to take your tasks as a shaman seriously, those are the hints, signs, and portents you should be attending to. Your duty right now is most likely to learn why it is you that has been chosen. And the next step will likely be a logical one.

Some chafe under the constraints of fate, but remember that those who are chosen are, by necessity, those who will want to perform the tasks they have been given.

And if it helps, remember that your daughter will also be a scion of the Defiled Corpse tribe, and what service you do for them, you also do for her.

Traveling before Milena's birth

Melinda absorbed what Makoa said to her, and in the weeks following she mulled over his words. Finally, one day, exhausted from the heavy burden of her daughter:

The first sign was finding your gifts at Brinewall, indication that this journey east was part of what was needed for the tribe. Since it is unlikely that the Jade Emperor is a direct enemy of the Defiled Corpses, either he is aligned with a force that means them harm... Or along this journey we will find that person.

The second sign was the foretelling of the giant in the fey city of dreams and nightmares. Which indicates a focus of the enemy of my people: Lamashtu.

And along the way so far, we thwarted one of her allies - Sithhud. His rise would have weakened Pazuzu, one of her most stalwart enemies. The destruction of his consort's child and one of his hopefully more powerful agents on Golarion, those plans have suffered a set back.

Have I missed signs? worry tinging her mind. Proof that even if she would not have chosen this responsibility, she takes it immensely seriously.

Her mind voice quiet, questioning, And Lamashtu is your enemy. And when she killed Curchanus, she broke something in my tribe..."


Female Quarter-Orc Sorcerer

Desnus 23 - GUARDIAN OF THE WAY

Kyrademon wrote:
Melinda Sorn wrote:
Mel smiles, |In the forest, travel. Forage and hunt enough to have food. We are on a journey to Minkai.|
|Then stupid completely you are,| he replies gravely. |The road take. Not the forest is travelers for.|

Mel smiles at the small kami, then looks over at Miyaro questioningly. |Miyaro told us that the road was full of patrols and guards of the despot on Minkai's throne. Since they would try to kill us, the forest seems safer for travel. At least for us.| Which seems an easy enough reason for Melinda, at least.


Desnus 23 - GUARDIAN OF THE WAY

Melinda Sorn wrote:
Mel smiles at the small kami, then looks over at Miyaro questioningly. |Miyaro told us that the road was full of patrols and guards of the despot on Minkai's throne. Since they would try to kill us, the forest seems safer for travel. At least for us.| Which seems an easy enough reason for Melinda, at least.

|True that maybe is,| he says. |Forest safer not. If seek a shortcut merely you, cannot let you pass. Too dangerous, too dangerous. Around go West and a boat take.|

"Is there a reason we are concealing our aim in traveling through the forest from him?" Miyaro asks quietly in Taldane.


Female Quarter-Orc Sorcerer

Desnus 23 - GUARDIAN OF THE WAY

Kyrademon wrote:

|True that maybe is,| he says. |Forest safer not. If seek a shortcut merely you, cannot let you pass. Too dangerous, too dangerous. Around go West and a boat take.|

"Is there a reason we are concealing our aim in traveling through the forest from him?" Miyaro asks quietly in Taldane.

"Did he just suggest that we go home the way we came and take a boat to Minkai?" Mel asks, not entirely sure that she interpreted the small creature correctly.

And to Miyaro, "Only in so far as I sometimes get scolded for being too open with strangers." Turning back to the signpost kami, |That would add months to our journey and be no safer, since the tyrant's allies would harry us in an ocean journey as well.| She shrugs, |Since our intention is to remove him from his stolen throne and ensure that the people of Minkai are free from such tyranny, he and the five winds object to our continued existence.|

To Miyaaro, "Did the kami who sent you give you a secret password or something? I mean... You did recommended the journey through the forest, didn't you?" Mel asks reasonably.


Male Half-elf Barbarian

Desnus 23 - GUARDIAN OF THE WAY

|Also, we like trees,| Rhost helpfully adds.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Desnus 23 - GUARDIAN OF THE WAY

Melinda Sorn wrote:
To Miyaaro, "Did the kami who sent you give you a secret password or something? I mean... You did recommended the journey through the forest, didn't you?" Mel asks reasonably.

"Not a secret password as such, but telling him we are here because we must meet with the Kami would probably make more sense to him than telling him we are entering the deadly haunted forest because we thought it would make a good shortcut," Miyaro says.

"And, er ... so the plan is to depose the Jade Regent? But not to replace him with ... the obvious candidate? Forgive me if I am confused, but the strategy here is eluding me."


Male Half-elf Barbarian

Desnus 23 - GUARDIAN OF THE WAY

Kyrademon/Miyaro wrote:
"And, er ... so the plan is to depose the Jade Regent? But not to replace him with ... the obvious candidate? Forgive me if I am confused, but the strategy here is eluding me."

"Understandable," Rhost says. "Is no strategy."


Male Human Cleric 10

Desnus 23 - GUARDIAN OF THE WAY

Kyrademon wrote:

"Not a secret password as such, but telling him we are here because we must meet with the Kami would probably make more sense to him than telling him we are entering the deadly haunted forest because we thought it would make a good shortcut," Miyaro says.

"And, er ... so the plan is to depose the Jade Regent? But not to replace him with ... the obvious candidate? Forgive me if I am confused, but the strategy here is eluding me."

"And replace him with a representative democracy based on the inalienable rights of all sentients."


Female Quarter-Orc Sorcerer

Desnus 23 - GUARDIAN OF THE WAY

Kyrademon wrote:

"Not a secret password as such, but telling him we are here because we must meet with the Kami would probably make more sense to him than telling him we are entering the deadly haunted forest because we thought it would make a good shortcut," Miyaro says.

"And, er ... so the plan is to depose the Jade Regent? But not to replace him with ... the obvious candidate? Forgive me if I am confused, but the strategy here is eluding me."

Melinda looks at Ameiko with a question, then at Miyaro, "Last time we talked about it as a group the obvious candidate didn't have any desire to become Regent so, no." She shrugs, "And frankly while a beneficial dictator or emperor is preferable to a tyrant, if we are going through the effort of overthrowing a corrupt government it makes far more sense to set up an independent form self-governance where the people in the country have the ability to determine their rulers. And remove them, so this doesn't happen again just because you slaughter the 'proper' people." She smiles at Alaric, "You are far better at being precise."

And to the kami, |And we were planning on traveling through the forest first to avoid the oni minions of the Minkai tyrant and, secondly, because we were asked to meet with the kami of the forest.| She smiles, |We know it is dangerous, but what lies at the end of our journey will not doubt be harrowing, so the experience is a necessary one.|


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1

Lio goes over to stand by Shalelu while the talk of democracy commences. She doesn't say anything, her gaze upon the forest.


Male Half-elf Barbarian

Desnus 23 - GUARDIAN OF THE WAY

Alaric Graff wrote:
"And replace him with a representative democracy based on the inalienable rights of all sentients."

Rhost vaguely shrugs at this. "No strategy."


Male Half-elf Barbarian

THE ROAD SOUTH, WEEK 2

Melinda Sorn wrote:
Mel watches the spicing of the soup, her expression thoughtful. Finally, with a sad smile, "Nifs huwa tranżitorju. Speċjalment ma dak li nagħmlu ... Pjan għall-futur jista 'jkun u tieħu bħala ħafna minnu fil-hawn u issa li nistgħu." She shrugs, "Jekk dan jagħmel sens ..." Soft smile, "It does to me."

"Perhaps," Rhost says, handing over the soup. "Aħna jixtieq magħmula laħam bħala laħam." Rhost laughs. "Bad philosopher. Better chef. No food today, is no tomorrow."

Goblin:
"We are desires incarnated as meat."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1
liothonae cromvathar wrote:
Lio goes over to stand by Shalelu while the talk of democracy commences. She doesn't say anything, her gaze upon the forest.

Lio ponders what kind of creature the small man is.

Knowledge Any: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Male Halfling Cavalier 10

Flextime
THE ROAD SOUTH, WEEK 1 – Desnus 6-ish

Those up early enough in the morning find Kalimac assessing the horses that have been gifted to the caravan. He selects one and starts getting its saddle and tack on (probably with the aid of one of the drivers; he has the skills, but he is only three feet tall).

Riding Attatoq, he leads the horse off into the distance, away from the prying eyes of the caravan.

Kyrademon:
I have to think that with his Ride and Handle Animal skills, plus Expert Trainer, that Kalimac should be able to judge which horse has the best temperament to have Lio learn to ride on.

Not sure which is the best applicable skill, so I'll roll both.

Handle Animal: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (10) + 23 = 33
Ride: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (16) + 20 = 36


Female Quarter-Orc Sorcerer

Kyrademon:
Mel takes-10 on a knowledge: planar for the general kami characteristics. Take-10 should give a 31 or a 33 if she can consult with Xander (he has a +12 so should be able to aid-another without fail)

Quote:
He is a kami, you think perhaps of the kind that stands guard over lesser works of civilization, such as signposts and tiny garden statues.

I know that it probably isn't important since we are unlikely to get in a fight with the signpost guy, but your response makes me feel like I didn't roll well enough it get any useful information. If that is the case, I'm okay with it, but if not, when I do an ID roll can I get either useful facts or something cultural related so that I don't feel like it is pointless to put my skill points in knowledge skills?


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1

Shalelu Shopping:
Kyrademon wrote:
"I love it deeply," Shalelu says of the ring that has caught your eye. "For you, or for me? Or shall we get a matched set?"

Lio smiles at your reaction. Happy she noticed something you'd like so much. Matched... would be nice. Unless there's something else you see that you like better, or would prefer to see on me." She adds the last quietly. She loves the ring, but wants you to be happy. And your happiness is more important than any object.


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1

Pyonna:
Kyrademon wrote:

Vhishki would be the named used.

Pyonna nods. "Very well. How much were you planning to invest?"

|We're looking at an investment of two-thousand-one-hundred gold pieces.| Lio says honestly.


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1

Jorun:
Kyrademon wrote:
He shakes his head. "Don't know when I was born," he says. "Winter, sometime."

Lio smiles supportively. "Me neither." A small pause, as she thinks, her hand absently tracing the Koi tattoo on her neck. "Coulde 'ave summeunne devine et fer ye." She suggests.


Male Human (Ulfen) Oracle of Battle 10
Kyrademon wrote:

Some time after the Oni massacre

Hrunndalf Jarlsson wrote:
Hrunndalf asks Miyaro, "So is the fox shape your true form?"
"Yes," she answers, somewhat warily.

Hrunndalf nods. "Where I come from, it is considered a blessing from the spirits of nature to be able to assume an animal shape."

1,451 to 1,500 of 1,658 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dream of the Red Chamber: Kyrademon's Jade Regent PBP, Part IV All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.