Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Dream of the Red Chamber: Kyrademon's Jade Regent PBP, Part IV

Game Master Kyrademon


1,151 to 1,200 of 1,658 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>

Female Quarter-Orc Sorcerer
Hrunndalf Jarlsson wrote:

Hrunndalf nods at Sandru's analysis of the situation. He turns to the stranger who just introduced herself, and says, "Well met, Miyaro, and thank you for your offer. I have a few questions, if you don't mind the asking? I am a stranger to this land, and would like to know more about where I am about to journey, and whom to meet."

Assuming she doesn't mind, he continues: "Who exactly are the Kami? Spirits? Fey? Gods? What is their interest in our... matters? Why are they not forbidden from taking action in the material world? And what is your relation with them, that you would do so in their name?"

Mel smiles, Ameiko's lecture about 'ask' vs 'guess' cultures repeating itself in her head. However, if Miyaro wants to respond to something as apparently gauche as direct questions, she is all ears.


Human Ranger
Alaric Graff wrote:

Perception roll 1d20+6

Alaric greets Myri with a warm smile. "Glad you could make it. But fair warning... after a week of being presented with food soaked in urine, I plan to eat my weight in dumplings. So watch your fingers."

"Mmmm, dumplings." Myri says, licking her lips in anticipation. She seems to be thoroughly looking forward to the meal as well. Her hands apparently have balled up and found their way off the top of the table, however. She isn't really worried about losing her fingers, is she?


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1

Shae in the city:
Lio grinning, playfully smacks your bare behind, just as you are slipping on your pants. Once you have them on, she pulls you into a hug. Apparently she loved watching you twirl,because she picks up the costume, and hangs on to it.

She takes your hand before you leave the little room... A moment later, she whispers softly, face vulnerable "I am really very sorry for panicking. I... I love you so much, I don't know why sometimes it's still hard for me to let go of my fears. But, thank you for helping me past them. The... the tying you up.... I... it scares me too, but... I will do my best not to overreact. I want to get better, and... I need to feel ...I think... in the near future, I... I want you to restrain me. I want to give myself over to you completely, no matter how it terrifies me. I need... I think in order to stop being afraid, I need to be helpless and even if I beg for you to stop.. or if i freak out... I... need you to take control and take me past my comfort zone."

She looks at you, a little bit nervously. Admitting she wants to overcome her fears is nearly as scary as facing them. The idea of tying you up is enticing and yet scary. It turns her on, and makes her nervous.


Liothonae/Shalelu in the City:
Shalelu thinks about that, and then nods. "The first time ... do you wish not to have a safe word?"


Liothonae/Zaiobe:
liothonae cromvathar wrote:
Once she is located, and provided she is not with Mel or Alaric and that the location is at least somewhat private, Lio approaches, until she is just out of touching range. She very carefully with an extremely even tone of voice asks Zaiobe for a word in private, if Z is in a public place... again without touching her.

Zaiobe walks, presumably with you following, into one of the private rooms the servants will not enter.


Hrunndalf Jarlsson wrote:
Assuming she doesn't mind, he continues: "Who exactly are the Kami? Spirits? Fey? Gods? What is their interest in our... matters? Why are they forbidden from taking action in the material world? And what is your relation with them, that you would do so in their name?"

"The Kami are those tasked with maintaining the balance of the world," Miyaro replies, apparently not put off at all by the questions. "But they must do so without violating the Laws of Golden Perfection, lest they become Oni."

She considers Hrunndalf's last question. "I am ... their daughter."


Flextime - Desnus 2

Alaric Graff wrote:
Alaric is positively gleeful. "Reta, you're probably wondering why Mel and I are acting so weird. Well, remember when you said you didn't know your birthday and wanted us to pick one for you?" Pause. "Happy birthday. Your first of many in our family."

"Yay!" Reta says. "Reta is ten!" She grins a very toothy grin.

More people begin to arrive at the restaurant, greeting everyone as they join - so far Koya, Ameiko, and Shalelu.

Melinda:
I can't remember if you invited any other NPCs - Zaiobe? Skygni? Let me know.


Chip and Deva's:
Myriana Bayden wrote:
"Anythin', huh?", Myri says, a wicked grin growing on her face as she replies to Ulf, "so which wun a th' g'rls 'ere da y' wan' me t' l't know th't yer lookin' t' gran' th'r fond'st wish an dreams?"

"Since most of the girls are dating each other," Ulf says solemnly, "It had better be all of them at the same time. I'm not a homewrecker, so they're just going to have to share me."


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1

Shae in the city:
"If... if I know I can stop you, then... I will still have control. I will still be safe. I... need to overcome ...I need to know you can do anything you wish,, that i am helpless, and that I will be alright, because you love me. And... I won't know that, until I experience it. Until there is no holding back and no restraint but your love for me.


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1

chip and Devas :
"Shae, your little sister is trying to recruit my great grandson for her harem." Lio teases Myri.


Male Human (Ulfen) Oracle of Battle 10

Shalelu's Birthday — right, I thought I was forgetting something

In the morning, Hrunndalf and whoever contributed to the tree (I'm assuming that's Myriana, who agreed to chip in for the purchase, and Lio, who gave advice on bonsais and Shalelu's preferences — anyone else?) present Shalelu with the bonsai willow. "We figured if you couldn't turn into a tree, at least you should have a tree sidekick to go on adventures with. It's from all of us."


Male Human (Ulfen) Oracle of Battle 10
Kyrademon wrote:
"The Kami are those tasked with maintaining the balance of the world," Miyaro replies, apparently not put off at all by the questions. "But they must do so without violating the Laws of Golden Perfection, lest they become Oni."

Hrunndalf absorbs the lore with interest. "Forgive my ignorance on these matters. Whose Laws are those? And why are the Kami bound by them?"

Quote:
She considers Hrunndalf's last question. "I am ... their daughter."

Hrunndalf raises an eyebrow, but does not insist. He figures this might be a personal issue even for Miyaro, and if she want to divulge more, she might do so on her own.


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1
Hrunndalf Jarlsson wrote:

Shalelu's Birthday — right, I thought I was forgetting something

In the morning, Hrunndalf and whoever contributed to the tree (I'm assuming that's Myriana, who agreed to chip in for the purchase, and Lio, who gave advice on bonsais and Shalelu's preferences — anyone else?) present Shalelu with the bonsai willow. "We figured if you couldn't turn into a tree, at least you should have a tree sidekick to go on adventures with. It's from all of us."

Lio is present, in the background, so as not to take the spotlight from the others who chipped in financially, but to offer advice on the bonsai, and to state her position, if asked, that she will not in fact animate the little tree and give him intelligence, just so Shae doesnt have to carry her new sidekick. Also she really hopes Shae will like the tree.


Desnus 3

Hrunndalf Jarlsson wrote:
Hrunndalf absorbs the lore with interest. "Forgive my ignorance on these matters. Whose Laws are those? And why are the Kami bound by them?"

"They are the laws of ... the Universe," Miyaro replies after a moment. "Everyone is bound by them."


Shalelu's Birthday

Hrunndalf Jarlsson wrote:
In the morning, Hrunndalf and whoever contributed to the tree present Shalelu with the bonsai willow. "We figured if you couldn't turn into a tree, at least you should have a tree sidekick to go on adventures with. It's from all of us."

Shalelu accepts the tree and looks it over.

"He is adorable," she says to Hrunndalf. "I shall name him Sbrigyn."

Hrunndalf:
You may increase your Relationship Score with Shalelu by +2.

Myriana:
You may increase your Relationship Score with Shalelu by +1. This brings you to 31. Double the effects of your trait with Shalelu (you now have +2 to Reflex Saves and +2 to hit against foes that threaten Shalelu). In addition, you have learned much from your sister. In wilderness areas, you get a +1 morale bonus to all saving throws. In forests, this bonus increases to +3. If there are any additional IC effects, they will happen in game.


Liothonae/Shalelu in the City:
liothonae cromvathar wrote:
"If... if I know I can stop you, then... I will still have control. I will still be safe. I... need to overcome ...I need to know you can do anything you wish,, that i am helpless, and that I will be alright, because you love me. And... I won't know that, until I experience it. Until there is no holding back and no restraint but your love for me."

Shalelu nods. She hugs you, then brings you out of the changing room. The saleswoman appears to be trying very hard to keep her face expressionless.


Desnus 9

As you travel the road that leads from Ordu-Aganhei to the Forest of Spirits, the Caravan is attacked by a crawling colony of gargantuan tarantulas, each one the size of a house.

Caravan Security Check: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
Koya's Re-roll on Security Check: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28

You manage to engage with them in melee battle before they are able to fire a fusillade of spear-like hairs from their bodies as a ranged attack.

Round One

Gargantuan Tarantula Attack: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (18) + 21 = 39
Damage: 3d10 + 25 ⇒ (4, 6, 2) + 25 = 37

Caravan Circles Wagons

Round Two

Gargantuan Tarantula Attack: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (14) + 21 = 35
Damage: 3d10 + 25 ⇒ (6, 9, 4) + 25 = 44

Caravan Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Miss

Round Three

Gargantuan Tarantula Attack: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (18) + 21 = 39
Damage: 3d10 + 25 ⇒ (7, 10, 6) + 25 = 48

Caravan Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25
Damage: 3d6 + 10 ⇒ (3, 4, 1) + 10 = 18

Round Four

Gargantuan Tarantula Attack: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (7) + 21 = 28
Damage: 3d10 + 25 ⇒ (1, 4, 6) + 25 = 36

Caravan Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
Miss

Round Five

Gargantuan Tarantula Attack: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (19) + 21 = 40
Damage: 3d10 + 25 ⇒ (1, 7, 4) + 25 = 37

Caravan Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21
Miss

It is at this point the Caravan realizes it is completely overmatched (40% hit point automatic retreat point), and attempts to flee. For this combat, this will require two DC 15 Security checks, during which time the Tarantulas may make ranged attacks.

Round Six

Gargantuan Tarantula Attack: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (7) + 21 = 28
Damage: 3d10 + 25 ⇒ (1, 9, 8) + 25 = 43

Caravan Escape Check: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30

Round Seven

Gargantuan Tarantula Attack: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (2) + 21 = 23
Damage: 3d10 + 25 ⇒ (5, 2, 9) + 25 = 41

Caravan Escape Check: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28

The Caravan successfully flees from the giant tarantulas.

The Caravan is forced to backtrack 4d8 ⇒ (6, 1, 2, 6) = 15 miles in order to completely escape.

The Caravan has sustained 286 hit points of damage.

Resolve Check: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31

Morale remains high.

It was a bonding experience.


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1

Shae in the city:
sense motive on the woman 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 Lio hugs Shae back, and is led out of the dressing room meekly.

|We'll take this, and we'd like to shop some more, if that's alright? Our apologies for taking so long in the dressing room.| Lio gives the sales woman the outfit, almost shily.

Then, looking at Shae like she worships the ground the taller elf walks on, she gives Shae a pouch with 500 gold in it.|anwyl, for you. For anything... you want to buy from here...| she says clearly in Tien. If Shae wanted more, she gets the impression its hers, for the taking. The money, and Lio.


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1

butternsips:

flex time back in the city

After Lio has made the scroll, while she is handing it to Buttersnips, Lio asks... "Could I commission ye... to make a rattle fer my great great grandaught'r? I wos hopen fer somethen laikr a rattle snake tail, ornate an' pretty, bought safe fer a baby ta chew on."


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1

Zaiobe:

Lio is clearly very angry. Before, when she ran out, she was terrified, but something has changed. Her normal, deferential, everyday way of interacting, has been supplanted. There is nothing submissive in her stance. She doesn't touch you, not out of fear, but rather, you get the impression it takes all of her self control to keep herself in line and coherent. Her words are emotional, but she never raises her voice. Not until the end, when she is near tears and her voice begins to break.

"You broke, your word, to me. And, instead of, admitting and accepting you screwed up, you make excuses and refuse to actually take responsibility. I know your life was hard, but that does not mean you get to stand there and tell me, oh im sorry I broke my word, but you see, im the victim in all this... and I was drunk, so... its not really my fault, so, now can I tell the person you specifically told me had an issue with the idea of you in relation to anything remotely erotic, that I stripped for you, even though I promised id say nothing, now I have to come clean and yeah that means he will keep your family away from you, but I'm not at fault. How can you look me in the eye and promise me everything will be fine, and then break your promise hours later? How can you then expect me to be ok with your confession? And how dare, you write me, a note, a NOTE, that informs me you'll also make a liar out of my great grandaughter? What makes you think she will even agree to lie for you? How? How could you do this? I trusted you!" you have known Lio for a while now. She doesn't trust many people. Even in the caravan, the list is painfully short, Shae, you, Ameiko, Attatoq, Rhost and over time, Jorun and Kalimac. She doesn't even fully trust Koya or Sandru or her own great grandchildren yet.


Liothonae/Zaiobe:
Zaiobe listens to what you are saying, clearly wishing to respond but unable to.

When you are done, she takes out a piece of paper and pen and jots down a few quick lines, which she slides towards you.

It reads:

Before anything else - and I know the rest must be answered -

I do not believe Alaric would keep you from your family. I don't understand why you would believe that. If he ever said to you that he would do such a thing, please tell me now.


Liothonae/Buttersnips:
flex time back in the city

liothonae cromvathar wrote:
After Lio has made the scroll, while she is handing it to Buttersnips, Lio asks... "Could I commission ye... to make a rattle fer my great great grandaught'r? I wos hopen fer somethen laikr a rattle snake tail, ornate an' pretty, bought safe fer a baby ta chew on."

"Hmm ..." Buttersnips says, "Wood would probably be safe enough as a medium ... not my primary focus, but I daresay I could manage ..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Liothonae/Shalelu in the City:
liothonae cromvathar wrote:
|We'll take this, and we'd like to shop some more, if that's alright? Our apologies for taking so long in the dressing room.| Lio gives the sales woman the outfit, almost shyly.

The woman nods, maintaining her unreadable expression.

liothonae cromvathar wrote:
Then, looking at Shae like she worships the ground the taller elf walks on, she gives Shae a pouch with 500 gold in it.|anwyl, for you. For anything... you want to buy from here...| she says clearly in Tien. If Shae wanted more, she gets the impression its hers, for the taking. The money, and Lio.

|Thank you, Annwyl,| Shalelu says. |I hope you do not mind if I use it to make purchases I consider to be for both of us.|

She begins selecting various items from around the shop - among other things, oufits, underwear ... and rope.


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1

Zaiobe:

The look she gives you is pure disbelief. How can you keep from the subject at hand, your wrong doing, and ask this question. Are you serious?! Her face seems to say. Regardless of what Alaric has said or hasn't said, Lio clearly believes it is what will occur. She does not answer verbally.

I know he has never said it, but Lio believes it will happen. She believes, as he has ignored her before, for reasons that in her mind make no sense, the inevitable thing is that Mel too will ignore her, even if not orderer to by him, Mel was impressionable and young enough that she thinks shes doing what he wants.


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1

Shae in city:

Lio blushes prettily when you mention you will pick items for the both of them. Lio too, picks out some items while you're busy, a very well made small, medium, and a rather large butt plug get put in Lio's shopping basket. More oils and lube, a strap for securing dildos to use as a strap-on (which could be rigged for two dildos at the same time, and has a wide but short dildo attached to go on the inside of the person wearing it, two non magical but really large dildos to go with the strap, a pair of handcuffs with fur inside, a blindfold, a couple of cock rings, after a moments hesitation she adds nipple clamps and a couple of different gags, and then she takes a look to see if anything catches your eye that you don't actually pick out. If you don't pick it out, she takes a naughty guard captain uniform in your size off the rack, and places it with her purchases, as well as a see though Teddy and matching thong in a shimmery gold fabric.


Liothonae/Zaiobe:
Zaiobe's lips compress. She takes the paper back and writes quite a bit more on it, then slides it back to you.

I see. He hasn't.

He avoided you for one week five months ago, so he means to take your family from you. Because anyone who upsets Lio in any way must be the worst person on earth. Alaric. Hrunndalf. Myriana, I think. Now me.

I know I screwed up, Lio. I knew you would be angry. I thought we would talk about it, and you would give me the benefit of the doubt for not meaning ill. As I have for you when you have said some truly awful things to me in the past.

If you want to actually talk to someone who f*&!ed up and knows it and has been trying to fix it, stay. Otherwise, please go.


Female Quarter-Orc Sorcerer

Shalelu's Birthday

Kyrademon wrote:
Hrunndalf Jarlsson wrote:
In the morning, Hrunndalf and whoever contributed to the tree present Shalelu with the bonsai willow. "We figured if you couldn't turn into a tree, at least you should have a tree sidekick to go on adventures with. It's from all of us."

Shalelu accepts the tree and looks it over.

"He is adorable," she says to Hrunndalf. "I shall name him Sbrigyn."

Mel step up with a smile at first Hrunndalf and then Shalelu. She holds out a package wrapped in a colorfully patterned cloth. "This is for Sbrigyn's care and maintenance. From Alaric and I."

Shae:
Instead the package is a set of masterwork bonsai tools.


Female Quarter-Orc Sorcerer

Kyrademon:
Any and all npcs would be invited. But (unless something odd has happened) Zaiobe would most definitely. And Skygni would have been specifically asked.


Liothonae/Shalelu in the City:
The purchases are made.

Unless you wish to handle it differently, I will assume that all 500 gp are spent and you and Shae now have access to any sex toys and/or dress-up material within reason. Obviously there are specific things both you and Shae picked out.

Did you wish to fast forward this to the evening spanking?


Shalelu's Birthday

Melinda Sorn wrote:
Mel step up with a smile at first Hrunndalf and then Shalelu. She holds out a package wrapped in a colorfully patterned cloth. "This is for Sbrigyn's care and maintenance. From Alaric and I."

"Thank you, Melinda," Shalelu says. "That will be very useful."

Alaric and Melinda:
Should this count as the level 10 gift to Shae for either and/or both or you?


Reta's Birthday, Desnus 2

Kyrademon wrote:

"Yay!" Reta says. "Reta is ten!" She grins a very toothy grin.

More people begin to arrive at the restaurant, greeting everyone as they join - so far Koya, Ameiko, and Shalelu.

More and more people start filtering in - now Zaiobe, Sandru, Ulf, Uksahkka, Tollin, and (thumping herself down uncomfortably close to Alaric) Skygni.


Liothonae:
At some other point in Ordu-Aganhei.

"So," Shalelu asks you, "Did you wish to buy rings together, or surprise one another?"


Female Quarter-Orc Sorcerer

Kyrademon/Alaric:
It was for Mel... or the bridal shower gift will be... or their wedding present. Depends on when we are going to level :). But the birthday one is good for me.


Male Human Cleric 10

GM:
Yes, this should be considered Shalelu's present from Alaric.


Male Half-elf Barbarian

Flextime - Desnus 2

Rhost also arrives, slipping in where there is a spot.


Male Half-elf Barbarian

Desnus 9

"Wow," Rhost says after the spiders have been successfully run away from. "Different."


Male Human Cleric 10

Reta's Birthday, Desnus 2

Kyrademon wrote:
More and more people start filtering in - now Zaiobe, Sandru, Ulf, Uksahkka, Tollin, and (thumping herself down uncomfortably close to Alaric) Skygni.

Alaric doesn't even notice until his second plate of food. Only then does he do his level best not to freak out.


Human Ranger

Chip & Deva's:
Kyrademon wrote:
"Since most of the girls are dating each other," Ulf says solemnly, "It had better be all of them at the same time. I'm not a homewrecker, so they're just going to have to share me."

"Ahm quite certain most of th' girls 'ere in Ordu-Aganhei are not dat'n each otha." Myri looks around blearily at the rest of the room.

Lio wrote:
"Shae, your little sister is trying to recruit my great grandson for her harem." Lio teases Myri.

Myri's eyes attempt to focus somewhere in Lio's general direction, "wh't harem?" she inquires, then "...wait, gran'son?". She attempts to catch Ulf with one hand under his jaw

grapple?: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 10 - 2 = 13 drunk(-2) included probably misses, quite possibly ending up in his lap and steadies herself against the table with the other hand resting against his chest and stares searchingly into his eyes and around his face, she is apparently looking for any similarities to Lio.
perception: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 13 - 2 = 25 drunk(-2) included
or is it know local?: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 4 - 2 = 22 drunk(-2) included


Male Human Cleric 10

After a period of uncomfortable silence, Alaric puts some shrimp dumplings on a plate and offers it to Skygni. "Dumpling?"


Female Quarter-Orc Sorcerer
Alaric Graff wrote:
After a period of uncomfortable silence, Alaric puts some shrimp dumplings on a plate and offers it to Skygni. "Dumpling?"

Mel kisses Alaric on the cheek and puts a large amount of tear-jerkingly hot mustard on his plate.

Alaric:
<I love you.>

She turns to Reta, "Is there anything in particular that you want to do for your birthday?"


Male Human Cleric 10
Melinda Sorn wrote:
Mel kisses Alaric on the cheek and puts a large amount of tear-jerkingly hot mustard on his plate.

"I love you too," he says, happily sopping up the mustard with the dumplings. Maybe his tongue is made of leather. That would explain some of his taste in food.


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1
Rhost Mab-i-gof wrote:

Desnus 9

"Wow," Rhost says after the spiders have been successfully run away from. "Different."

Lio nods. |Never seen tarantulas that big before. Is that, normal here?| She asks the two natives of the area, curiously.


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1

Shae in the City:

purchases sound good. prior the the spanking, there was a desert date, i believe. I am happy to fast forward to the date, but would prefer not to fast forward through it, unless you think it will take too long and you don't want to be in flex time that much.


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1

Shae Shopping:
Kyrademon wrote:

At some other point in Ordu-Aganhei.

"So," Shalelu asks you, "Did you wish to buy rings together, or surprise one another?"

Lio shyly says, "I... would like you there, to... pick out what you'd like... and... I... I have some stones, set aside." She takes a little pouch out of her components bag and gives it to you. "These... are for your ring, if... you'd like them." The soft pouch is very small, and holds diamonds, worth a thousand gold pieces easily.


Female Elven Urban Druid 9, Brightness Seeker 1

Zaiobe:

"Zaiobe, you are being passive aggressive, and instead of just admitting you did wrong, and leaving it at that, and letting me mull things over and come to terms with being upset, you pushed and pushed, and then, when I push back, you cry foul. When I raise my voice, you think you respond rationally and because clearly you're being rational, I must be the villain, attacking your boyfriend and you, simply because I am angry and cannot just stop being angry from one minute to the next. Just because you are not shouting, does not make you rational."

"You don't even consider that maybe my fears are perfectly reasonable. You don't even consider, that just because he doesn't forbid Mel from interacting with me, that that is exactly what will happen, because Mel is young and impressionable, and tries to please him above all else, and if she thinks he wants nothing to do with me, then she will follow suit. And even if that is not the case, and it doesn't happen, that does not mean I am unjustified in my fear. And instead of letting it go at that, instead of accepting that maybe I have a fear, and I have a reason for it, you just waltz all over it because you think I am attacking your lovers. I am not attacking them. I am terrified. And maybe you cannot tell the difference because I am not letting you into my mind, but right now, you do not get to read my thoughts."

"For you to stand there and tell me that anyone who upsets me must be the worst person in the world... really? How is me being uncomfortable around Alaric, turn into him being the worst person in the world? How is my dislike of Hrunndalf and the way he talks down to me, unjustified? What do my problems with Myri have to do with this conversation? I confide in you, and you throw those things back in my face when I'm vulnerable and hurt, and you are in the wrong. Why would you do that?"

"You want the benefit of the doubt, fine, maybe you don't realize what you said, so let me summarize what I heard, and maybe then you will understand why I am angry. You said five things to me this morning, you said, you've been a poor friend to the people you care about, then you said, while drunk, you told Mel about the striptease, which you acknowledge was a betrayal of my trust, but it wasn't your fault because you just forgot that you weren't supposed to talk about it. Then you add, that you and her talked, and she told you that you were lying by not telling your lovers, and that was a betrayal of their trust. So, you go on to say that you were punished in past relationships for saying the wrong thing and you are trying to change. Then you ask me for my permission to tell Alaric, and you promise to try to draw the focus of any potential negative reactions towards you. Have I left anything out?"

"Do you even understand what you've done? First you broke your promise to me, then you trivialize my pain and anger by putting the focus on your past, rather than your wrong doing, you attack me passive agressively, and then, now, just now, you accuse me of having said truly awful things to you in the past."

"When have I ever said something awful to you? When have I ever made light of your pain, or your past, or the terrible things you went through? When have I ever demeaned you or your experiences? What could I possibly have said to you that would make you throw such an accusation in my face?"

"You are in the wrong, Z. You, not I. I am upset, granted. And maybe I could be reacting better. But you trivialized my being angry and then you left me a note and said you were going to ask Mel to lie for you, Z. How am I supposed to react? You are the closest friend I have next to my fiance. I have never opened up to anyone, like I have opened up to you. You know things about me, that no one else knows. And instead of cherishing that, you use the things I have told you against me. I do not think I have asked you for much. Last night, I was concerned that agreeing to your dancing was a bad idea, but you looked so excited, and you promised me it was going to be alright, and I believed you. One promise was all that you had to keep, and you did not. And now you will not even allow me to be angry and upset without you trying to make me feel guilty. Well, congratulations. It worked. I feel terrible. So go on, and tell Alaric everything, because at this point, you've already told Mel. You've already broken your word to me, and I will not have you try to make a liar out of my great granddaughter, too."


Liothonae/Zaiobe:
Zaiobe is clearly furious.

Something you have said - possibly several things - have left her quite literally shaking with anger and hurt.

But she closes her eyes, and takes several deep breaths until she ceases to tremble.

Somewhat calmer now, she writes a few more lines on the note.

All right. I am in the wrong. I have no excuses. I hope you can forgive me.

If this is, somehow, the wrong thing to say once again, I am sorry. I am trying to do the right thing.

I will say only two things further.

For the sake of our continued friendship, if you still wish to have me as a friend, I would ask that you at least consider the possibility that you have misapprehended the motivations behind what I have said and done today. Please consider discussing it with someone you trust, and then come to whatever conclusions you may.

And not for my sake at all, but for that of you, Melinda, and Alaric, I will tell you outright that you have misjudged them terribly. Never in a thousand years would either one of them act, either actively or passively, to keep you from Melinda or Milena. I am not trying to dismiss your feelings, or say you have had no reasons for coming to your conclusions. I am telling you that for whatever reason, you are mistaken.


Liothonae/Shalelu Shopping:
liothonae cromvathar wrote:
Lio shyly says, "I... would like you there, to... pick out what you'd like... and... I... I have some stones, set aside." She takes a little pouch out of her components bag and gives it to you. "These... are for your ring, if... you'd like them." The soft pouch is very small, and holds diamonds, worth a thousand gold pieces easily.

"Thank you, Lio," Shalelu responds. "They are lovely."

She begins walking with you towards the shops.

"Do you have a favorite metal? Or ... would something other than metal be more appropriate for you? Wood?"


Liothonae/Shalelu Dessert:
No problems with the flextime. Dessert date it is. I shall let you start, since you seem to have something in mind.


Desnus 9

liothonae cromvathar wrote:
Lio nods. |Never seen tarantulas that big before. Is that, normal here?| She asks the two natives of the area, curiously.

|No,| says a terrified looking Enqbatu. |Not really.|


Alaric Graff wrote:
After a period of uncomfortable silence, Alaric puts some shrimp dumplings on a plate and offers it to Skygni. "Dumpling?"

"Very well," says Skygni, accepting the dumplings.

After another pause, she attempts some small talk. "So. Xanderghul tells me that you have managed to claim two mates. Impressive, even considering the relative lack of other breeding males. You must be a canny fighter."

1,151 to 1,200 of 1,658 << first < prev | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dream of the Red Chamber: Kyrademon's Jade Regent PBP, Part IV All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.