Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Doug M's Way of the Wicked (Inactive)

Game Master Douglas Muir 406

Follow the Way of the Wicked, the award-winning AP from Fire Mountain games.

The wickedness continues in Way of the Wicked Part II: The Dark Tower!


351 to 400 of 12,164 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

No longer active

roda all ready asked the oger to check himself fir harm but mite as eell adk again


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Bref

Spoiler:


Heal DC 12:
The ogre has clearly been on the losing end of at least two major fights, presumably with the guards -- he has injuries both half-healed and fresh. He's still ready for a fight, though. (In game terms, he's taken some damage but is not down to his last few hp.)

Heal DC 18:
His pupils are dilated and his muscle tone is loose. He's been drugged or poisoned, probably to weaken him and make him easier for the guards to handle.

Heal DC 23:
Belladonna. Either they got lucky with the dosage, or someone around here is a very competent herbalist.


The only exit from the cell block is the stairwell leading down. This is blocked by a horizontal grating, which lifts like a gate -- except that it is locked. Apparently, as a security measure, the guards are locked in at the beginning of each shift. A brief examination shows that the only keyhole is on the other side.

Perception DC 20:
Remember the big fireplace? It might also be possible to go up or down the chimney, though it looks a tight squeeze.

The grating is much too narrow for a normal human to squeeze through. The goblin, on the other hand, might perhaps be able to manage it. Perhaps. On the other hand, maybe his head will get stuck.

Honor system on these spoilers, guys.


Bref's made me laugh too. Okay, bed here.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Perception1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Bref sees the locked grate, quickly gets bored and tries chewing on the metal for a bit. Then sneaks back up to the rest

Bone Witch. Gate locked. No open from this side he whispers on his way back.

Can't get out there. Gate locked. Not even the god like Toothpicker can open it.


No longer active

Solution

Judge walks in just as Rosa has gots the Ogre to swear he will follow the commands of the Hell's and do as they say.

The Ogre reply's to her request for his name.

"Name is GraAAAG J'[hurk!]uUk. Littl'uns can't say that, so they call me Grumblejack."

Rosa gives a signal to Bref who's now looking board to unlock his chains.

Bref -> Grumblejack ""Alright, Bref belches I believe I pronounced that correctly, I have freed you now you are in my debt. The first thing that we will do is listen to these talky types and formulate a plan. As we move out you will smash what we say smash. If we get in a fight your job is to attack whatever I am attacking. Got it? Perfect.

Rosa - Judge
"What information did you get from the Guard?

After Judge fills them in

Rosa <-> Cуровую Talk about there next move briefly wile Judge talks to the now free Ogre to get hes own personal swearing.

Judge - "I have no problem allowing you to come with us and join us in our exit from this place. But, I will need you word that you will not turn on any of us in the process. Escaping will be difficult enough without being attacked from within. Now then, Grumblejack I want you to swear..."

Grumblejack - "Lotta swearing. Huh. Yeah, whatever. I swear. Wanna smash something, but wanna get out of here more."

Then we move back to the guardroom a wile Bref and Morsum will move down the stairs to see what awaits below and the game carry's on.

Gosh I feel pedantic, but its nice to know now it all flows, any How, on with the show. Will not be one for a few hours just flown into Beijing for meeting now over, looking to do some shopping.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Heal for ogre
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Perception
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Knowledge Nobility would I know what the Warden looks like? Could I mimic his appearance with a spell?
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 !


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Nicely done Rosa


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Dedicated to Gary McBride and GM Doug, inspired by ryme loving Bref.

Sing a song for six fools, all made hung out to dry,
Two set for a life of labour, Four condemned to die.

When the locks were opened the Gob began to slash,
Wasn't that a dainty twist, preferable to beheading or the lash.

Watch Sergeant where are you, we fools spoiling for a fight
Warden in his lofty tower, researching Wizardry by candle light.

With stealth, summoned shadow, spell, and blade let us make haste!
Fools we may be, but pity those sods our newfound Giant will turn to paste.


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 40/51; AC:21/16/17; Saves: +9/+11/+7; Init +5; Per +8, AP: 4/7

Jax will lean against one of the walls, doing his best to trim his nails with the recovered dagger. He'll take the second one when Edwin offers it up to anyone as well.

Well while we wait..Grumblejack, how about you tell us how you ended up in that jail cell? I've never seen an ogre before, figured they'd have just killed you but instead you're here. Why'd they lock you up? And who drugged you?


Lord of Darkness 5, Cavalier 1 INIT:+4, AC:21 (23w/Shield), HP:64, F:+10 R:+5 W:+6, Perception: 5

Edmin waits near the stairs shield and sword in hand.


No longer active

Rosa hands Edmin the other suit of Chain, if he has not got it on all ready.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 Perception DC 20

Cуровую make ya self look like the Warden very cool rollplaying to be hand with with.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 Heal for ogre


"I'm from... out West, yeah? The woods. I was working with some bandits. Littl'uns, like you. Good times. Smash, eat. Huh.

"Then, they got us. Soldiers, and a... guy on a horse. Magic sword, or somethin'. Hurt. Bandits killed or ran away. Soldiers everywhere. I smashed a couple of em. Huh. They knocked me down, took me here."

So, are you planning to leave the cell block at some point?


Zimu, nat 20 means you've seen the Warden at some point, fair enough. Which spell would you consider using for that?


No longer active

Rosa moves next to Edmin, holding the club.

"Whats the plan Edmin?"


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 40/51; AC:21/16/17; Saves: +9/+11/+7; Init +5; Per +8, AP: 4/7

Well we're locked in, I'd rather not have to use the magic window just yet. Any other ideas? Let's look around to see if we can find another way out that doesn't rely on waiting for a new set of guards.

Spoiler:

Perception = 1d20 ⇒ 6

If we can't find anything, perhaps we can hide the bodies and clean up some of the blood and wait for them..Or maybe there's a secret door somewhere in here.


Well, Rosa got a 20 on her Perception check. So she can pop the spoiler at #354 and tell the rest of you about it (if she wants to).


Lord of Darkness 5, Cavalier 1 INIT:+4, AC:21 (23w/Shield), HP:64, F:+10 R:+5 W:+6, Perception: 5

Edmin waves off the offered chain shirt as he is already wearing one. The knight thinks for a moment before looking over at Grumblejack. "Think you can put your shoulder into that locked door down there?"


Lord of Darkness 5, Cavalier 1 INIT:+4, AC:21 (23w/Shield), HP:64, F:+10 R:+5 W:+6, Perception: 5

If there is room I will assist him.


"Huh." Grumblejack seizes the grating and heaves, immense muscles bulging.

Aid another: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Grumblejack:1d20 ⇒ 9

"Naw. Still sick. Bastards."


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP -8/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]

When they get back to the guard room, the Judge looks for anything that might be able to replace butter as the material component for his Grease spell. Oil for weapons, grease, a greasy plate or dish, or anything else slick.

I know how to make things very slippery, perhaps if I made Toothpick slippery, he could slide through the bars.

Only problem is that I need something slippery to make the magic work. I usually use butter, but I would think that anything similar, animal grease, oil for weapons, and the like would work.

I also look around for any bars or similar levers that could be used to pry the grate loose.


I could ask for a low DC Perception roll, but the Judge is no dope.

"Ah-ha!" The Judge picks up the oil lamp that has been sitting on the table.


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP -8/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]

Toothpick, I think I found something that should work, lets try this. I cannot say that I have tried it before though.

With that, the Judge takes and dips his finger into the lamp oil and then turns to Toothpick at which point he mumbles some strange words while running his grease covered finger across Toohtpick's substantial forehead.

Setgħat ta 'bil-lejl, jagħmlu dan Goblin roqgħa bħall-butir u slide bħal silġ.

Necril:

Powers of night, make this goblin slick like butter and slide like ice.

As he finishes, you see a silvery greasy sheen spread from the goblin's forehead to cover his entire body before fading away such that it is all but unapparent. However, Toothpick finds his skin and clothes to now be extremely slick as though covered by the lamp oil.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Escape Artist1d20 + 10 - 1 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 10 - 1 + 4 = 14
EA1d20 + 10 - 1 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 1 + 4 = 29

Hey that's some trick
Your magics no gip
Now I'm all slick
Lets take a trip

DD1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 11 - 1 = 19


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

oops should have been +10 for grease


Not so fast! Let's see a check against the anti-magic ward. If you don't want to risk losing the spell, that's fine -- you can take it back.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
Zimu, nat 20 means you've seen the Warden at some point, fair enough. Which spell would you consider using for that?

Disguise Self to look like the Warden, to either have him walk around freely or look like a captive in the hands of the prisoners, or to get information or even be a brief distraction while the others get into position for an ambush. I am not using this right now, just thinking of possible options.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
Not so fast! Let's see a check against the anti-magic ward. If you don't want to risk losing the spell, that's fine -- you can take it back.

Can anyone cast an at will spell to aid the Judge's own attempt to cast?


Cуровую зиму wrote:


Disguise Self to look like the Warden, to either have him walk around freely or look like a captive in the hands of the prisoners, or to get information or even be a brief distraction while the others get into position for an ambush. I am not using this right now, just thinking of possible options.

That could work -- but. If you want to copy a particular person (as opposed to looking like a generic "not me"), then that spell gives you +10 on Disguise. Checking the Disguise skill, you lose -2 for impersonating someone from a different gender and another -2 for a different age category. You're a young female aasimar, not an old human male. (Aasimars are pretty close to human, so I'll give you a pass on the -2 for "different race"; it's not like you're trying to do an orc or something.) If you're going to use this spell, then you might want to rearrange your character to throw a rank or two at Disguise. Otherwise, it'll be +6 -- which is not bad, but not likely to stand up to multiple checks or careful examination.


Lord of Darkness 5, Cavalier 1 INIT:+4, AC:21 (23w/Shield), HP:64, F:+10 R:+5 W:+6, Perception: 5

Frustration is evident in Edmin's face as the attempts to force the grate fails. He moves over to all of the keys on the wall and begins to take them down. "Maybe one of these keys fit. If Toothpick can not ease through we will have to try them. If not we will have to set up an ambush for the next watch."


The keyhole is on the other side of the grating.


No longer active

Rosa says

"Jax I have broke out of places harder than, this now we have a slippy goblin, Remember that big fireplace? It might also be possible for him and the Shadow hound to go up or down the chimney linked to it, looks a tight squeeze but they could do it. Once out they can seek the keys to get the door open."

Rosa looks at Cуровую,

"Once past the door I can make myself look like one of the gairds we killed, I can walk in with one of us and say I've been told to do prisoner transport, that will give us the jump to stop them calling for others and have you joining in taking them, I also have another trick but keeping that for a group."


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP -8/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]

Spell ward check: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 = 16


Okay. Bref now has three options! He can squeeze through the grate (pretty much automatic, with the Grease) and attempt to pick the lock from the other side. He can try to climb down the chimney (needs a Climb check). Or he can climb up the chimney (tight squeeze, but with that roll and the Grease he'll squeeze through without difficulty -- will still need a Climb check, though.) Duration is 10 rounds, so probably not enough time to do all three. Bref?


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP -8/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]

Wow - figured I would have missed the SR check with a 16, cool.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

lock first, then I will go down, then up. We might have to use the rope


Bref simply oozes through the grating. He turns and begins to work at the lock. The magical coating around him doesn't seem to affect his nimble fingers.

1d20 + 11 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 2 - 1 = 15

He snarls in irritation and tries again.

1d20 + 11 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 11 + 2 - 1 = 20

The lock clicks open. Sir Edmin and the ogre are able to pull the grating up without difficulty, allowing access to the stairs leading down.


Bref, you can explore down the stairs, up the chimney, or down the chimney. Do I understand right that you want to go down the chimney first?


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

you are correct. I'm phone posting right now. But down chiney first and see how slick I am


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Anyone who glances at Cуровую will notice one of her eyebrows just raised a millimeter above the other, a clear sign she is pleases with something.

'Well done. Don't forget the rope Toothpick ..."


No longer active

Rosa go's and gets the Sugar and tea from the guards room, rolls both in some cloth and pops it under her belt the talks the oil lamp, and whats left of the oil + her old rangs she puts in the sack.

GM what was used for fire, if there are any small wood fagg0ts she will take the, (waits jokes) also Who's got the other club and sword guys?

"Dos every one have every thing they need?"


Lord of Darkness 5, Cavalier 1 INIT:+4, AC:21 (23w/Shield), HP:64, F:+10 R:+5 W:+6, Perception: 5

I have a sword, shield and chain shirt, gave my dagger to Jax.


The chimney would be a very tight squeeze for a human, which is probably why they didn't block it. For Bref...

1d20 + 10 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 10 - 1 = 33

...it's not an issue. He simply disappears down the back of the fireplace.

Bref finds that the stones are rough, providing easy handholds. However, the chimney has not been properly cleaned in some time, so the surface is a bit slippery with soot. The Judge's magical spell, he finds, keeps him slippery only where he wants to be. Nice trick. Should I learn magic? Nah, too much work.

1d20 + 4 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 1 = 22


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP -8/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]

If there is a spare chain shirt, I will take it. And any extra simple weapon - dagger, club anything of that sort if it is not being used.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Bref situates himself so he can peak his head out of the fireplace.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 add one for traps

Perhaps there is soot in his eyes, but he only sees the obvious. If there is no one apparently in the room he may get out and look around. Depends on what he sees.


The climb is not difficult. But there is a fire burning in the fireplace below -- Bref can feel the hot air rising past him. Climbing down slowly and cautiously, blinking his eyes against the smoke, Bref pauses just above the flue.

You can attempt to avoid the fire and jump down. That will require some careful wiggling and squirming, followed by a hop down -- overall, a DC 15 Acrobatics check. Fail and you'll take 1d6 of damage from the fire and/or the hot metal of the flue.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Over the crackling of the flames, Bref can just barely make out the sound of a voice. Someone is singing:

"Where the bakers who bake til the dawn, so we can have cake in the morn... [clattering noise] "Stir it, scrape it, make it, bake it..." [loud clanging sound, as of pans being moved] "then the bakers ran up, with a measuring cup... Gregor!"

[silence]

"Gregor, move!"

[voice speaking, too faint to hear over the fire]

"Well, that's because you" [something] "that would happen! The singer seems to be moving away from the fireplace. "these done... garden... first dew come down... hour. So, move!"

[voice complaining]

"old you... sit on it... fault." Both speakers seem to have moved away a little, and cannot now be heard.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Who is the goblin that is making a mistake...Bref

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Bref hops nimbly bimbly over the fire and immediately goes into Stealth mode

1d20 + 14 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 14 - 1 = 20

As Bref moves to the corner he snags somethng off a table. He moves to a corner near enough to jump someone coming through and tosses it so it makes a slight clatter. Hopefully as if the grouchy baker dropped something.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

He whispers to Cy Two pathetic Bakers here. Not for long


No longer active

We only got 2 Judge, both taken by front line fighters me and
Edmin not to keen on giving the Ogre one. But next is all yours etc we have a club and a long sword left, Daggers are taken so its you call on sword or club unless Cуровую wants one

Rosa looks at where Bref has just gone,
"Can your shadow follow toothpick, Judge?"

351 to 400 of 12,164 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Doug M's Way of the Wicked Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.