Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Doug M's Way of the Wicked (Inactive)

Game Master Douglas Muir 406

Follow the Way of the Wicked, the award-winning AP from Fire Mountain games.

The wickedness continues in Way of the Wicked Part II: The Dark Tower!


301 to 350 of 12,164 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Sense Motive1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

What do you think Flame Spawn?


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP 47/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]

How do we get to the tower? And where are Blackerly and the guards at this time of night?

Knowledge(nobility-untrained): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 <-- I assume I can make a DC10 knowledge untrained.

Tohram pauses for a moment before continuing. I know of the Richters, last king's wife was one as I recall. But, that does not concern me. What concerns me is whether there are any traps or places where alert guards are stationed? Remember, if we run into a trap, magical, mechanical, or by guards, we will survive, but you will not enjoy my displeasure.

As he says this, the Judge reaches out and runs his hand through the blood slowly running down the guard's arm from Morsum's claw wound. He then puts the bloody finger into his mouth.
Yes, you taste good. Actually, come to think of it, I would prefer if you lied, the outcome would be quite delectable.


Rough layout of the prison, according to the guard:

You are in the MAIN BUILDING, which includes the cell blocks (upper floor), officers' barracks, Blackerly's office, a large meeting room, the armory, and the storeroom.

There is a BARRACKS, which includes a stable (only one horse there now, the Warden's) and a kennel for the dogs.

There is the TOWER, which includes the main office, the Warden's residence, and records.

There is the GATEHOUSE, through which you must pass to reach the Causeway to the mainland. There are always guards in the Gatehouse. There's an empty room in there that's used by the guards for drinking and gambling; Blackerly encourages this and the Warden doesn't know or care.

There is the WALL, which is patrolled at all times by guards. The Main Building and the Barracks are inside the Wall; the Tower and the Gatehouse connect to the Wall (are part of it, really).
There is the BRIDGE. 160 feet long, wide enough for a carriage, it's 5-10 feet above the water depending on the tide.

There is the CHECKPOINT. At the end of the Bridge, on the shore, is a small two-story tower with two guards. This is the prison's first line of defense against a rescue attempt, so these guards are usually alert.

Finally, there are the GROUNDS -- the space inside the Wall that's not occupied by buildings. The grounds include a practice ground for the guards, a large vegetable garden, an herb garden, and a small green field with a single large tree for executions... you're scheduled to be burnt, hung, or decapitated there.


1d20 ⇒ 19

The guard is terrified and is talking nonstop. However, fear and his wounds are starting to overcome him. He's beginning to ramble and babble, and may faint soon. Unless you use magical healing, you can get one or at most two questions out of him -- and then he will fall into unconsciousness.

Judge:
The guard is telling the truth as far as it goes, but he's definitely holding information back.


Do you want to go with your last question ("How do we get to the tower?" Or something else? -- I'm away for a couple of hours, will be back later today.


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP 47/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]

The Judge turns and looks at Morsum, then turns back to the guard shaking his head sadly.

You realize that in a court of law, failing to tell the whole truth is considered the same as an outright lie. I understand that it is only your life we are discussing and I am sure that your wife will find some other nice man to raise your children.

So, before I allow my shadowy friend to feast on your soul, you might want to reconsider your answers.

Where are we going to meet guards? How many guards are on the walls and how can we get to them? Who has keys for any locked doors? And finally, what passwords or codes are used to gain entry to the gatehouse, tower and checkpoint.

Oh, and where does Blackerly sleep? In the barracks or does he have his own hovel?


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 47/51; AC:21(25)/16/17(21); Saves: +9/+11/+7; Init +5; Per +8, AP: 6/7

Spoiler:

Sense motive on the ogre 1d20 ⇒ 10

Still speaking in Infernal, Jax smiles at the ogre. My, you're eager friend. You know, I don't think I've ever seen one of your kind, I didn't know you were still around. How'd you end up in this jail cell anyway?


No longer active

"We will let you out of the chains but you must do as we say, others are seeking to kill and capture the rest of the one running this place, and we do not want them to know we are free just yet, Range and hitting will come later for now, Stand and wait. Check yourself, are you harmed?"

GM Rosa will use detect magic on the Orgr

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Lord of Darkness 5, Cavalier 1 INIT:+4, AC:21 (23w/Shield), HP:64, F:+10 R:+5 W:+6, Perception: 5

"Don't forget the passwords."


That's a lot of questions!


Okay, taking them in order. Question #1 was "Where are we going to meet guards?

"Th... there are guards in the Great Hall... downstairs... guards on the walls, watching... always... more guards at the Gatehouse... and finally the two at the Ch-Checkpoint... and at the Gatehouse... wait, no, I said that already... I'm s-sorry... and the Barracks... but they'll be asleep now... safe asleep..."

The guard is getting weaker and beginning to ramble. He now gets a Fort save to avoid passing out. The DC on this will increase with each additional question.1d20 ⇒ 1

The guard's voice trails off and he collapses into unconsciousness.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Knowledge Nobility 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

GM
What type of Wizard is the Warden? Would he bring a ransom should we take him prisoner? Not planning on finding him, that's a 'just in case' scenario.

Spellcraft 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Would the window from the veil placed upon a wall create a magical opening?

I'm still keen on trying to Charm a guard to lead us out of here.


Lord of Darkness 5, Cavalier 1 INIT:+4, AC:21 (23w/Shield), HP:64, F:+10 R:+5 W:+6, Perception: 5

Knowledge Nobility: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Edmin watches the guard pass out and turns to the judge. "Duke Richter is the King's first cousin, seems the warden could be of value."


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

As soon as Rosa gives Bref the go ahead he will unlock the Ogre.

1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 11 - 1 = 14

After fouling it up once he will try again.

1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 11 - 1 = 26

going to be gone for a while with election going on.And wanted to not hold people up.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Bref when we link up do you mind if I cast Message between us?

If I have permission then concentration 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

concentration 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Cуровую head is swimming underneath a torrent of anti magic that must have been built just for her!


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Way to better sneak?! Yes yes! Try again gain


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

concentration 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

It appears that the murdering goblin is also my lucky charm.


No longer active

Rosa holds her hand up, waiting for the Ogre to talk before she gives the signal for Bref to let him out off his changes.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The winter witch says, "Duke Richter is the King's maternal cousin. The warden is Duke Richter's cousin. His cousin once removed, to be precise. The warden's uncle was the Duke's paternal grandfather -- he was the famous Duke Markos, who helped depose Markadian the Mad. The current Duke's mother's sister was the late Dowager Queen Belinda, who married the last King. The current Princess Belinda is named after her."

Blank looks from the other villains.

"Oh, tchah! Does nobody study the Books of the Great Houses? This is simple stuff."


"He's a younger son of an earlier generation of a prolific, rather greedy noble house."


The ogre stretches... and stretches. He's a big one. Even outside in the hall, he has to stoop a little.

"Huhhhh... huh. Yeah. All right." He scratches his vermin-infested beard. "Yeah. What do I smash?"


No longer active

"Nothing until the others repost back what they have found out, whats you name and skills"

edited
thanks gm


Multiple checks against the antimagic ward are giving you a headache. The ogre does not detect as magic.


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 47/51; AC:21(25)/16/17(21); Saves: +9/+11/+7; Init +5; Per +8, AP: 6/7

I'd also like to know how you ended up in that jail cell. Let's rejoin the others and see what the Judge found out while he talks, hm? Ladies first.

Jax makes an exaggerated bow and gestures for the others to lead the way back to the interrogated guard.

There are a number of ways to go about this. We can get out while we can, or we can raise some bloody hell here and teach the scoundrels that we don't mess around. Now, I'm normally of the persuasion to just get the heck out..but I'm interested in returning some black eyes to Blackerly and I'd like to get my spellbook back. The Warden sounds like a bookish type, I kind of want to see what he has stashed away in his tower..

How's about we wreck this place? The guard mentioned they're sleeping in the barracks? Sounds like a perfect opportunity. I wouldn't normally recommend wholesale slaughter...but this seems like an opportunity to eliminate most of the guards and not have to worry too much about running away with our tails between our legs.


Lord of Darkness 5, Cavalier 1 INIT:+4, AC:21 (23w/Shield), HP:64, F:+10 R:+5 W:+6, Perception: 5

"Well be that as it may, we need to get out of here. Do we try to get away as quickly as possible or make our way through the prison? We can try to push for the warden, I for one would not mind adding him to my list, but it may be easier for us to use the stealth at our disposal to make our exit."


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

I want Blackerly's eyes.


No longer active

"Running and hiding, yes keeping out of the way until we get out our meeting in the moors will work, but here's the thing, every troop we level here will come after us, once the birds have fled they will have nothing more to do but hunt us down and drag us back. Also this place is full of things we could use, A mage all snug in bed, with his magic to hand, and a horse here, what if we can kind a cart. I say we wipe them out here, take every thing we can and then head out with arms and magics to hand. We will find nothing of use on the moors I know that. It is harder but the rewords are much grater, we can strike now if we are clever and take this place, Release any other prisons who are here to mudel the hunt, and level every one dead. By the time they find out we will be gone."


Knowledge (Judge/Barrister) DC 12:
There probably aren't any other prisoners besides you seven. Long-term prisoners go to the salt mines. As serious crime has declined, Branderscar has become a place where the relatively small numbers of really bad and dangerous criminals are kept for a few days or weeks before being executed or transferred.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

I thought that as well, from your description, I thought this prison was now more of a temporary holding area until each criminal got their final reward and that there would be little full time prisoners here, and a Lawful Good kingdom won't have much in the way of 'political prisoners' to be kept around. Perhaps there are less guards because of this fact, or the reason they have a brewery.


Lord of Darkness 5, Cavalier 1 INIT:+4, AC:21 (23w/Shield), HP:64, F:+10 R:+5 W:+6, Perception: 5

"I agree with you my little friend, Blackerly must pay. So he said Blackerly's office is in this building. let us pay it a visit."


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 47/51; AC:21(25)/16/17(21); Saves: +9/+11/+7; Init +5; Per +8, AP: 6/7

Jax tilts his head. Do we want to risk the chance of someone shouting and bleating on an alarm horn while we attack the chief? It may be better to silence sleeping reinforcements?


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP 47/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]

Sorry, thought I had posted last night.

Once the guard passes out, the Judge makes sure that he is bound and also ties a wad of the discarded prisoner clothes into the guards mouth so that there will be no screaming for help once he awakes. I also make sure that he is stable, I am not killing this man if I can avoid it.
__________

Tohram then walks over to the other cell to see what the others are all talking with.

Seeing the rather large ogre, the Judge halts for a moment, but the realizing that it has been released and is not wantonly attacking, he proceeds into the room followed closely like a shadow by Morsum.

So, there was another prisoner in these cells, that is unusual, few in this worthless land commit crimes sufficient to condemn them to this fine place. The Judge's words are almost dripping with sarcasm.

I have no problem allowing you to come with us and join us in our exit from this place. But, I will need you word that you will not turn on any of us in the process. Escaping will be difficult enough without being attacked from within.

The Judge pauses, obviously thinking of the correct words while at the same time noticing the nascent horns on the monster's head.

First my infernal, or is is fiendish?, friend. I ask your name.

____________
Once I have the name:

Now then, [insert name]I want you to swear that you shall not harm any of us if we allow you to accompany us and that you shall not initiate any combat before we direct you to do so. And also that you will not attempt to flee from our presence until we have reached the moors. In return for your agreement, we shall not harm you and will allow you to flee this celestial pit of a prison.

You can see the combination of the Judge legal background and his infernal belief in contracts working as he presents this offer to the ogre.


Lord of Darkness 5, Cavalier 1 INIT:+4, AC:21 (23w/Shield), HP:64, F:+10 R:+5 W:+6, Perception: 5

Edmin still rest his hand on his sword as he watches the interaction between his group and the Ogre.

Edmin would have also taken the shield you mentioned on the guard.


Lord of Darkness 5, Cavalier 1 INIT:+4, AC:21 (23w/Shield), HP:64, F:+10 R:+5 W:+6, Perception: 5

Edmin will hand the dagger off to who ever wants it.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Bref does not care about killing everyone. He wants to kill blackly, and if we can get to the wizard asleep, then that is a smart move. Note I can disarm magical traps IF I can find them, or someone elese can.


"Lotta swearing. Huh. Yeah, whatever. I swear. Wanna smash something, but wanna get out of here more." The ogre rumbles deep in his throat, then hawks a fist-sized wad of phlegm. "Still feel sick. They made me sick." He grabs one of the bars and grunts with effort.

1d20 ⇒ 13 The bar creaks but does not bend. The ogre releases it. "See? Made me sick. Huh. Still not right. He clenches his massive fists. "Don't care. Gonna smash anyway."

"Name is GraAAAG J'[hurk!]uUk. Littl'uns can't say that, so they call me Grumblejack."


No longer active

GM post in Discussion


Zimu says, "This window is itself a minor magical item. If placed on a wall or similar surface, it will make... well, a window. Which can be opened and climbed through. I saw something similar, years ago... However, once placed, very likely it is placed permanently, and cannot be re-used. So we should choose carefully where to place it."


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Growing bored Bref opens the locks.

Alright, Bref belches I believe I pronounced that correctly, I have freed you now you are in my debt. The first thing that we will do is listen to these talky types and formulate a plan. As we move out you will smash what we say smash. If we get in a fight your job is to attack whatever I am attacking. Got it? Perfect.

All right "friends" he actually does air quotes Where to?

Bref moves to stand possessively next to his new buddy.


Lord of Darkness 5, Cavalier 1 INIT:+4, AC:21 (23w/Shield), HP:64, F:+10 R:+5 W:+6, Perception: 5

"I think Toothpick and your shadow should start moving out to recon past the stairs. Make sure we can stay close enough to support you if you need it but don't go getting into something with out us knowing whats going on. We will move forward when you call us. Does everyone else agree?"


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Good good. Flame Spawn make sneak sneak better. She will know when clear. Bref belches Stay with Kanight until smash time. If I fight, charge.

DMDM take the stealth action as soon as it makes sense please.

Perception1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 Add 1 if it is a trap
Stealth1d20 + 14 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 14 - 1 = 27


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP 47/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]

Sounds good. Unless someone objects, we move back to the guardroom and the Bref and Morsum will move down the stairs to see what awaits below.

Morsum
Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

I have this great image of a goblin almost flat onthe ground with this long creepy ass shadow coming from him. Awesome


Okay, that post by Bref actually made me LOL. Now, a big roll, You want me to roll low: 1d100 ⇒ 57


Lord of Darkness 5, Cavalier 1 INIT:+4, AC:21 (23w/Shield), HP:64, F:+10 R:+5 W:+6, Perception: 5

Uhoh.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Bref wrote:
All right "friends" he actually does air quotes Where to?

:)


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Edmin Al'Roth wrote:
"Does everyone else agree?"

Cуровую makes a curt nod, "Let us away ere the break of day."

She turns to the goblin and whispers, "Good hunting little one, you can speak with me from a distance and I will be able to do the same. Please try not to speak while you have a dying guard in your mouth. It would not be polite for any of the parties involved."

Message was cast up thread.

I think Rosa is still awaiting an oath from the ogre, I thought the he was going to be more trouble and go on a rampage when he woke up. The ogre just caused trouble of a different sort for the party. Speaking of which, GM Doug, is Grumblejack still hurt or drugged? What can we arm him with once Judge, priestess, and we the jury are satisfied with his job 'interview.'


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

she was, but Bref got bored and opened the chains anyhow. also I made a mistake I got it in my head that rosa gave me message. She is flame spawn. You shall be Bone Witch


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Bref

Spoiler:
I like the witch part, but how about 'ice' or 'frost' or 'white' or some such instead of 'bone' - I already get called skinny too much in real life. Then again, maybe your like George Bush and your nicknames stick even when they should not.

:)


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Cy:
He hasn't seen anything icy...yet. But I am sure if you correct him via rhyme, or do something w ice that can change. it is based off of the white skin. if it bothers u the player that is different of course

301 to 350 of 12,164 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Doug M's Way of the Wicked Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.