Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Doug M's Way of the Wicked (Inactive)

Game Master Douglas Muir 406

Follow the Way of the Wicked, the award-winning AP from Fire Mountain games.

The wickedness continues in Way of the Wicked Part II: The Dark Tower!


251 to 300 of 12,164 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Bref does a search of the downed men, to see what he can find. Then he begins to paint on the walls with the blood.

He paints an elaborate pictogram, which includes a road descending into flames, with a goblin tearing skulls out of small figures that appear to be standing next to larger figures with what appears to be the insignia of the guard.

Craft1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Anyone who knows anything about goblins know that they do not trust writing, and the few that do put things down always use pictures. So for want of a better term he is writing in Goblin.

What is Means:

The Road to Hell will be paved with the skulls of your children.


Male Dhampir Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 231/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Tohram continues to glare at the staggered guard waiting for an answer, other than wetting his pants which likely occurred with the combination of that Intimidate roll and the hellish shadow monster staring at him.


Male Eidolon Disconcerting Shadowy Monstrosity HP: 9/53; AC23(27 w/Mage Armor; 31 w/MA& Shield),T12,FF20; F+6,R+3,W+4/+8; Per+9; Init+2)

The shadow looks over at the little goblin. In a rasping voice that makes your teeth hurt, it speaks: Nice teeth.

It then turns back and continues glaring at the man standing before it, claws out and flexing rhythmically.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Bref pauses his art work, and smiles wide at Morsum.


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169+5; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

Jax helps to search the bodies and will stand next to Bref, arching an eyebrow and looking at the painting. Bit morbid. Not bad for the canvas and ah..paints you're using though. Let's finish searching this area for anything of use.

Jax will also search the kitchen for flour, bags, and food. If there's food he'll gather it together and carry it in the bags. They will need supplies after all.


Male Dhampir Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 231/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Instead of a retcon, this is sort of a Futurecon.

Once the guard answers, or simply wets himself and passes out, the Judge turns to Jax: If you find any butter or oil or similar greasy substance, I could use some for my abilities.


Wifi on the Bolt Bus -- it's very irregular, more like a bad dialup. Let's see if this works! I'll give the guard a morale check. As you say, he's in big trouble, so I'll set the DC at 20. On the other hand, the guards here are tough and dedicated, so I'll give him +4. If he makes it, his tactic will be to go Full Defense, get his back to a wall and keep yelling for help.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Okay, the guard folds like origami.

The guard stops screaming. His sword clatters to the ground and he raises his hands. "A-alright. I surrender. Don't kill me."


DC 14 Sense Motive:
The guard is putting up a brave front, but he's actually terrified of you.

DC 19 Sense Motive:
Corruption has not entirely destroyed discipline here at Branderscar. Despite his fear, the guard will attempt to lie or conceal information, hoping either to lead you into an ambush or delay until help arrives.

Okay, big roll coming up. You had two guys yelling, briefly but loudly. Did anyone hear them? You want me to roll low.

1d20 ⇒ 4


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Sense Motive1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Pity. I could have used some more flames on my mural.

Shadow beastie, care to check on that other cell with me?

Bref quietly moves back to the other cell and peers through bars, perhaps having to jump up to do so.

Perception1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Stealth1d20 + 14 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 14 - 1 = 17


Male Dhampir Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 231/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

The Judge smiles, although the guard probably views it more like standing helplessly while a vampire's fangs slowly approach his throat.

Thank you, now please accompany us back upstairs. We have a few questions for you.

Once he agrees, I will lead him up followed like a twisted shadow by Morsum.

Once back to the cell, I look at him.
Now then. You have no fear from me, I am not going to harm you.

I give this a moment to sink in before continuing:

However, the amount pain you will find yourself in is directly proportional to the answers you provide.

The Judge pauses again: No then, how many more guards are there in this facility and where are they located? Also, what can you tell me of you lackadaisical warden and his supposed magical prowess? And finally, what is the layout of this stone bastion? Where are the guards located, is there any alternate methods of getting to the guardhouse? And are there any traps or other warning devices?

And, as a reminder. Should we find any of your answers to be shall we say . . . incorrect. Then, I will not hesitate to send the goblin back up here for a snack. . . . One toe at a time.


Male Eidolon Disconcerting Shadowy Monstrosity HP: 9/53; AC23(27 w/Mage Armor; 31 w/MA& Shield),T12,FF20; F+6,R+3,W+4/+8; Per+9; Init+2)

Morsum shakes his head at Toothpick's inquiry and continues to follow his master like the demented shadow creature he is.


Male Dhampir Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 231/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Apply this reasoning to the techniques used by the Judge to garner information from the guard as posted above.


You all fall silent for a few moments. It's one o'clock in the morning, and -- thanks to Blackerly's profitable sideline in selling whiskey to the bored guards -- sudden short bursts of shouting or singing, quickly stifled (the Warden might hear!) are not unknown at Branderscar. So a minute passes, and then another... and nothing happens.

The two dead guards will provide you with two chain shirts; two longswords; two clubs; one small crossbow with five bolts; and small coins amounting to 4 gp value. There's a small cabinet which contains some simple food -- bread, cheese, dried apples, sausage, sugar and tea -- equivalent to a single meal for one adult human.


Okay, about to go under the Hudson. Back in an hour or so.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Posting from work so this will be brief, I can post more in about 3 hours.

While I somewhat derive entertainment watching Bref's style of problem solving, might I suggest we try a different approach as to not alert the whole prison.

First let's see who/what that other prisoner is and if he can be useful.

Then shall we send out Bref and the Judge's shadow to scout ahead? I can put up a Message spell between the scouts and us.

Lastly, I can use Disguise Self and Charm Person on a guard to make them more cooperative, if our luck holds out. I was actually thinking as posing as the Watch Sargent but my Bluff won't hold up under close scrutiny.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

assuming that is a small light crossbow, not just a light crossbow, bref will take it with him, loaded

All this talking not for Bref
Sneaking, biting is more fun.
While they talk I will see whos leff
Then if we have to we can run.


The Judge stares coolly at his prisoner. Years on the bench have honed his ability to sift truth from lies. This man is truly terrified... and yet he holds to hope, and thus defiance. He will lie to them if he can.

Unacceptable.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:216/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Sir Edmin finishes armoring himself and straps one of the down guards sword belt on. He smiles at the others, as he sheaths the captured sword. "Looks like you have the guard under control. I will go with Toothpick and keep him out of trouble."


As per my other post, that sounds like Option #2. Let's speed things along with a roll or two.

1d4 ⇒ 2
1d4 ⇒ 4
2d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) + (5, 2) = 16

It takes two fingers to convince the guard that you're serious. Even so, he resists. Sir Edmin has to come in and give assistance.

Ten minutes later, the guard is dangling from the chains, moaning, semiconscious, and no longer coherent. The Judge licks his lips: human blood is a very rare treat, one he has not tasted in years. And he has learned much...

You can ask four (4) questions, getting reasonably complete and (you think) truthful answers. Talk amongst yourselves and decide what they are; I have to log out soon and catch a train.


Bref turns the key in the lock and pulls the door open. Lying against the back wall of the room is a large bloodied and bruised form... larger than any of you and foul smelling to boot. The "large, strange man" is no man at all. Wearing but a loincloth, and currently either passed out or unconscious,the occupant of the cell is a male ogre. He is clearly injured, with wounds both old and fresh upon his skin, and his hands are shackled to the wall as yours were before. He bears, like you, an F-brand upon his massive right hand. Somewhat peculiar are a pair of nascent horns just barely protruding from his unruly shock of hair.

Heal DC 12:
From the depth of the sleep and the fact he didn't awaken at the sound of the door - you'd suspect the ogre is currently drugged.

Knowledge (the Planes) 20:
The horns could indicate a source of devilish blood somewhere in it's ancestry.

Meet the ogre


Male Dhampir Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 231/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Heh - I pulled the post as soon as I saw your OOC post. You must have checked in the 30 seconds or so that it was up. The Judge would prefer option #1. Scare him, question him, read him for lies. Then gag and lock him in the cell. If we check and he was lying, then we return and REALLY scare him - maybe a little blood the second time.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:216/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Edmin looks down at Tooth pick and lightly places his left hand on the hilt of his newly gained longsword."Can you speak to it? He might be friendlier to you than me."


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:216/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

So you know, this is one of those times that depending on the questions we ask, Edmin may kill the guard so he can not give us away.
As painlessly as possible though.


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169+5; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

Jax leaves the interrogating to those better informed. He'll pack up the food supplies and head back to the others. No butter or grease, Sorry Judge. No flour either. Looks like some of our spells will remain useless for a short while still.

He'll follow Bref at a distance, being more curious about the other resident than interrogating a guard. He'd rather avoid participating in torture.

After noticing that the occupant doesn't seem to mind Bref unlocking the door, he'll come closer, whispering. Toothpick, what have we here? He looks strong, bet he'll be able to help us?

Edwin, we might be able to take advantage of this. I'd hope the guards care more about an ogre pounding his way through the castle than a handful of escaped prisoners. That said, pulling him along with us may be worth something as well.

Spoiler:

Know(planes) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Heal 1d20 ⇒ 20


Male Dhampir Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 231/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]
Edmin Al'Roth wrote:

So you know, this is one of those times that depending on the questions we ask, Edmin may kill the guard so he can not give us away.

As painlessly as possible though.

I thought about that. We are in a high security prison from which everyone either is executed or sent to the salt mines. I am pretty sure they know who is in here and when they find there was a breakout, they will know who escaped. Leaving the guy alive or killing him should not have any great difference on the outcome. The only difference being that I can plant some misinformation in his head about where we are going next to throw any pursuers off our trail if we leave him alive.


No longer active

Rosa looks at the others as they drag off the last guard to talk, then takes and puts on one of the chain shirts and picks up a club to use.
She some how seems to look better, taller more prideful.

"This is but the 1st battle for my master, others will come and others will pay for what they have done"

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 Kno Planes
3 = 3 Heal Aiding Jax How seems to know his stuff.

Rosa will look at the Horned ogre

and in Infernal say.

"Brat Hells, jaz sem Rosa duhovnika kralj Devils, poslal ga je za maščevanje na tem svetu za kaj je storil, bi imel nekaj da maščevanje.."

Infernal:

Brother of the Hells, I am Rosa Cleric of the King of Devils, sent by he to take revenge on this world for what it has done, would you have some of that revenge.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:216/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

I am just concerned that if we ask about our planned destination we will be hunted on our way. I am just a knight with a 10 Int remember. Kill them and take the head and they can't speak with dead.....Maybe my next level should be bard?


Male Dhampir Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 231/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Since we really would not have the time to discuss this, I will pretty much go with the questions I had posed before.

The Judge turns back to the guard:
No then, be a good guard and answer a few questions. Do it right and you might be left alive with all your fingers, toes and eyes.

First of all, what can you tell me of you lackadaisical warden and his supposed magical prowess? It is clear that he is slacking at his duties, I sent many people to this prison, and one reason they were sent was that it was warded against the use of magic. Clearly he has failed on this duty.

Second, what is the layout of this pitiful prison? While I and my companion - I gesture at the grinning mouth of Morsum - can simply leave with the shadows, the others are not so skilled. You will tell me about the postion of any guards, where the check points are, where any traps are, and how many guards are at each location.

And finally, you will tell me of any secret passages that you know of which might allow guards to get behind us. It would be very bad for you if we had to retreat back here because my friend the goblin appears to be very hungry. I am sure that he would like a snack - one toe at a time.
_____________
Rosa - unless you know how to burn stone, that is going to be a tough task. Few old prisons sitting on islands in the ocean and attached to the land by a small bridge are going to be made out of easily flammable materials. Also, if this one talks, I gave my word that I would not harm him. While this was not speaking for you all, the Judge will be less than pleased if you go off on a chaotic mass murder spree. Remember - LE is not CE.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Maybe, maybe not Kanight yes he pronounces the K I do not speak Giant but he may speak Goblin, or Orc. Let me check his chains. He is big enough to be useful.

Bref makes sure the locks hold.

Can one of you wake him? I will hide here in the corner if I needed to remove his throat. If all is well I will try to speak with him if none of you can.

Stealth1d20 + 14 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 14 - 1 = 31


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169+5; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

Jax nods at Bref and eyes Edwin. I think Rosa might have got this, if it wakes up from us standing here talking. Rosa, did you call this thing a brother? Its fiendish? I was wondering about the horns..

Jax will approach and, if the ogre is not yet awake, prod it a few times with a stiff finger. [

Infernal:

Hello, my fine friend, you may have lucked upon an escape from this crooked tower if you're willing to be of help.


No longer active

Judge responses moved to Discussion


No longer active

"yes he is off Hell's Blood Jax, I can feel it in him"

She looks down at the large man, then says coldly.

"they dared defile such a fine being with there base hands"

She looks around for a bucket of water, if she finds one she will throw it over the large form.

"Get up Hell's son, you are called to the fight"


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Sense Motive1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

What are you looking for Flame Spawn?


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

-
Speaking low and almost to herself,

"Whilst I see the value in trying to burn down the prison, to distract and confound any pursuit as well as sending a clear 'symbol', I think that may be a little difficult if not wasteful a task ...

"Our resources, and the time available to us, are at the moment, limited. All we really need to do is convince our would be captors is that there is a chance that the entire place will go up in flames, the threat of all this burning to the ground will be enough for now, we do not actually need to task ourselves with doing so." she favors Jax with a wry smile.

"Besides," the Celestial witch continues, "I would think it rather poetic that we use this very prison and it's many luxuries to one day house the very foes who sent us here ... and others who would fancy themselves capable of opposing us." and turns her attention to the gallant Edmin.

"Branderscar is a symbol to all peoples, from the dregs of society to those who think themselves holding the reigns power alike, all fear her walls in some manner, I say we keep her as such, for our own purposes in the future." Cуровую locks eyes with Judge Tohram and holds his gaze.

"I'm sure the Prince on Perdition would enjoy such irony himself." she saves that comment for Rosa.

"Death and her brother Destruction will be no stranger to our company and we will be filling their houses soon enough." her cold smile makes Bref wonder if she's part goblin.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:216/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8
Cуровую зиму wrote:

"Besides," the Celestial witch continues, "I would think it rather poetic that we use this very prison and it's many luxuries to one day house the very foes who sent us here ... and others who would fancy themselves capable of opposing us." and turns her attention to the gallant Edmin.

"Branderscar is a symbol to all peoples, from the dregs of society to those who think themselves holding the reigns power alike, all fear her walls in some manner, I say we keep her as such, for our own purposes in the future." Cуровую locks eyes with Judge Tohram and holds his gaze.

"I was thinking more in the line of finding the headsman's axe and using it on them, just like they intended it to be used on me."


Male Dhampir Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 231/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

The Judge continues to stare at the guard wondering what his answers will be and whether he will have to render judgment on the fool.


No longer active

Cуровую response in Discussion


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Judge Tohram

In your line of questioning, I know your asking for secret passageways, could you also ask for the most direct route out of the prison? And what alarm 'system' the prison has, perhaps we can keep them from sounding a general alarm even after they discover our breakout. Once we get out of this tower, are there high walls that keep us from the outside world?

I am all for setting up diversions to shadow our escape, be it a rampaging ogre, or a symbolic inferno.


No longer active

To be clear in Rosa's mind its warfare 101, you do not leave an asset behind for the enemy can use if you can destroy it, if your aim is just to go on the run then by all means run, Rosa has other plans.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:216/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Can a human ride an ogre like a mount? That would be down right ugly.

Ogre charges and gets his attack as the cavalier hits with his lance.

Edmin at 1st level charge with lance Attack =+7, damage = 2d8+12
+
Ogre: club Attack = +9, Damage = 2d8+7
=
4d8 + 19 if both hit

Just saying....


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:216/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Sorry, ment the above post for OOC page.


Okay, let's take this a piece at a time.

Your voices slowly awaken the ogre. "Nuh... urg..." He staggers to his feet, swaying slightly. "Rruh"?

1d20 ⇒ 17

He scratches his head. "Yuh... you? You're not guards. Who the hell are you?"


Male Dhampir Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 231/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Sorry - I don't think I can help with the ogre unless the guard has already answered. . . . Ok, I suppose I can sort of be in two places, but do not yet have the ability to see and hear what Morsum can.


I had forgotten that the guard was at 0 hp! Okay, that means that even very minor rough treatment (like cutting off a finger) will cause him to faint unless magical healing is applied.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Teeheehee. Hell is correct. We are your saviors. Pledge to work with us to escape this pit, before the eyes of this Gestures to Rosa servant of Asmodeus, convincing her of your sincerity, and I release your chains and let you help us kill Blackerly.

Bref smiles wider than he has so far, face almost slitting.


Male Dhampir Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 231/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
I had forgotten that the guard was at 0 hp! Okay, that means that even very minor rough treatment (like cutting off a finger) will cause him to faint unless magical healing is applied.

Yeh - I realized that, which is why I went back to pure terrorizing intimidation.

Here are my intimidate and bluff rolls.


Okay. I'll make some rolls offscreen...

"The Warden's a wizard. And he's a Richter... cousin of the Duke. Guess that's why he got the job. I don't know anything about how powerful he is. He can make things appear out of thin air... pictures and stuff. Illusions, I guess those are? He does it when he's explaining stuff, like to show things.

"He's a pretty crap Warden, actually. Doesn't really care about the job. Let's Blackerly run pretty much everything. Stays in the tower most of the time, reading books."

Judge:
You're pretty sure he's telling the truth, though he might perhaps be withholding something.

Knowledge Nobility DC 10:
Oh heck yes, the Richters. Family of the last King's wife, so maternal relatives of the current King. Duke Richter is the King's first cousin. Large, well connected, greedy. An unqualified Richter getting appointed to a civil service job? Not a surprise.

Knowledge Nobility DC 24:
Oh, wait, this must be Mathias Richter. Yes, that's right -- he went to the Wizard's Academy back in the '60s. He must be in his seventies by now! Still got his feet up in the trough, apparently.

Wizardry has gone out of style among the aristocracy in the last two generations -- not consistent with the pure worship of Mitra, or something. Richter and a couple of others have been the examples of "good" wizards... honorable and pure Mitrans, through and through. Maybe he is honorable and pure, who knows. Doesn't make him good at his job.


The ogre does not seem to understand Rosa's Infernal.

"Huh... you're breakin' out? Okay. Yeah, that works for me." The ogre frowns at Bref. "You sure are little... Huh. I don't know what 'Modeus' is, but sure I'll swear. I swear I'll smash any of these stupid guards that get in my way. That work for you?"

251 to 300 of 12,164 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Doug M's Way of the Wicked Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.