Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

Doug M's Way of the Wicked (Inactive)

Game Master Douglas Muir 406

Follow the Way of the Wicked, the award-winning AP from Fire Mountain games.

The wickedness continues in Way of the Wicked Part II: The Dark Tower!


101 to 150 of 12,164 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Sir Edmin holds a crumpled piece of fine cloth. Unfolded, it is the size of a large handkerchief. It is a lady's white silken veil.

The Veil.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

The knight looks at the door, making sure the guards are not coming, before holding up the veil and shrugging his massive shoulders before speaking quietly, "I ask for a sword and she gives me her squirrel covers."


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]
Jax Naismith wrote:
Judge Tohram Quasangi wrote:
Once the big man is lead away, Tohram quietly comments to the others: Interesting, something fell may occur after all. In all my years on the bench, I never recall someone condemned to death or the mines being allowed a grieving visitor.
He must have friends in high places. High enough to get us out, do you think? That or something more sinister is going on. Ooh, conspiracies, I love 'em. Gives me a tingle in my tail.

Trust me, if he had friends in such high places, the sentence would not have been Brandenscar.

-----------
When Edmin returns: There are no visitors allowed here. I doubt if she took the risk to walk in here, that she just gave you her veil.

Sorry for the short post, out with my kids and on my phone.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Perhaps I can undo these pesky locks with it, any wire in there, whale bone? Something stiff?


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

Jax will try to lean over to get a look at it, and immediately start laughing. Oh it looks like there's better than wire in that alright. I'll bet you that veil works as a bag of holding or something similar. Look at the embroidery! Lockpicks, weapons, lantern and rope. No idea what the hell the rest of that stuff is though. Did she give you a command word? Also, we haven't really introduced ourselves properly, have we? I'm Sparrow. Let's get out of this damn fool hole.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

The knight grins at the goblin and shakes his head. "Not any more.
Edmin then holds the veil up towards the tall man and leans towards him, still keeping the veil out of his reach and speaking quietly, barely above a whisper. "She also told me that the prison has let the anti-magic ward run down, that it is weak and only covers this building instead of the entire prison. She said some of you may be able to take advantage of that. Then she gave me this. I am no mage, but I assume it is more than it appears."


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Edmin looks at the teifling then puts out his hand. "Edmin Al'Roth."


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

mmm, some lockpicks and we are out of here in no time. Alright judge, witch, spawn, make it work.

Bref smiles wide. Soon Sgt. I will be flossing with your ocular nerves. His smile widens, as if his face is going to split.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

"How long until shift change for the guards? Does anyone know?"


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

I'm no one's Spawn, toothpick. And give me a moment..
A clawed hand will shake Edmin's and yellow eyes look at the veil. Hm..

Spoiler:

Knowledge(Arcane) to figure out how it works? 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Toothpick...yes that will work


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

"I will keep this hidden until shift change tonight. Then we will make our escape, that will give us until tomorrow to take over the prison and release any prisoners we deem necessary. Let us go over what we know then formulate a plan."

The knight looks at the others before continuing. "Our benefactor gave me a location to meet her and another, we are all to be there in three days time."

Edmin grins, then places the veil back into his mouth.


Careful examination of the veil reveals the following:

There are two patches depicting daggers;
One patch depicts a lantern;
A patch depicting a coil of rope;
A patch depicting a sack;
A patch with the image of lockpicks;
A patch depicting a window;
A patch depicting a vial;
A patch depicting a purse;
Finally, a patch in the shape of an inverted pentagram - the symbol of Asmodeus.

If it is a magic item, figuring out what it is will take three rounds of careful examination and a Spellcraft check.


Female looking Android Iron Priest [L2] | AC 15, T 12, FF 13 | F +3*/R+2/W+5 | HP 13/13 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perception +5 | Condition: None

Rosa will look over as all this go's on.

"I have faith that shall not be broken, here now your plans start to come into play, plans with in plans get under way.

"She said the prison had let the anti-magic ward run down, did she say buy how much and where, I know I can cast here but it is hard. As for names I am Rosa Luminass, Cleric and that symbol of my Master."

The symbol is the same one Tattooed on her upper body.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 Spell craft


Not a great Spellcraft roll... you can try experimenting with the veil, or you give it to someone else to examine. (I know the witch has Spellcraft. Does Jax?)


Female looking Android Iron Priest [L2] | AC 15, T 12, FF 13 | F +3*/R+2/W+5 | HP 13/13 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perception +5 | Condition: None

The dice give and the dice take away, such is the RNG on here, nothing I can do about that so Yep GM other should have a go as rose has not seen this kind of item before and dos not wish to brake it, it may be her only way out.

Rosa looks at it then lets others have a go, all she says is.

"If it works like the mage clothing you pull off a patch but you may need to know a command word for this, did she not tell you its workings Sir Knight?"

Then she looks at all the others in the cell one by one wile saying.

"You do not know this, but wheels have been set in motion, history and worlds pivots on points like this. We stand in a pit made by fools, but a hand now moves to pull us out. A greater will is at play here, A will that takes millenia to craft its plans, if we are strong, if we have craft and skill and cunning, if we act where others weaker would not, then we shall be free to bring down this world that has gone soft, we shall rise a new one of strength and power. I know Your eyes now are set on just what is in front of you, but have faith, I know my masters act when I see it and with it we shall have our revenge"


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

'No she did not give me a password unless she put it in code but, she was fairly blunt with everything else.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Bref leans back, relaxing as much as he can. He attempts to close his eyes and get some sleep. He knows that until they figure out how to summon the lock picks they are trapped. He knows that they will wake him if they do. They need him for that at least.


I hope nobody minds if I DMPC just a little?

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 101d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14


The witch, after examining the veil carefully, says, "I believe your speculation is correct. If we tear these patches off, they should transform into the articles in question."


Female looking Android Iron Priest [L2] | AC 15, T 12, FF 13 | F +3*/R+2/W+5 | HP 13/13 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perception +5 | Condition: None

"Well lets us get ready hide that until the time is right, the guards may be back and will see us with all the things on it, we know of one other cell we can open, so help is may also be found, but we need to get down the hall, unseen and that that alarm horn, if that bows others will come to this cell bloke, best we not have that yes?"

Now Rosa seems awake fully

"Then there is the small matter of getting off this Rock and to the meeting place"


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

Jax doesn't have spellcraft, yet.
It would seem a better plan to have Toothpick there unlock some of us and then use the opening of the door at the midnight shift to rush the guards? It looks like there are two weapons only, I assume Edwin here is best to take one and perhaps give the other to the greenskin. Jax nods at Bref.

Once we're out of the cell, we have to figure out where to go from there though. He looks at the pale-skinned Rosa.

What is your name again? I don't know if I caught it before. Your plan is wise, releasing the other prisoners gives us a distraction. We should release them and make up some plan about assaulting the guards. While those fools are occupying one another, we can make our escape.

I'm going to be all the items on that veil were carefully chosen. I am unsure what the vial does. The window likely makes a window in a surface. I'm not sure what use the sack, pentagram or purse will have.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

FYI - Rosa, you could not make the Spellcraft check, or should not in the future until you put a rank into it. Spellcraft is a trained only skill and you have no ranks in it at this point. I am in the same situation with no ranks in Spellcraft.

I have watched the guards and listened to them. I say we wait until after the midnight shift change. At night this magic using warden is more likely to be asleep. Perhaps the scum Blackerly will also be asleep or doing whatever he does at night.

I think that I can get the goblin something to stand on. Not for a long period, but if he is quick it should work.

___________
The Judge then looks at Jax: To make our escape, we must pass the guardhouse. The only way in, or out, of this prison is across the narrow bridge. You cannot just walk out of Brandenscar.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

A sound plan. Yes I can open these locks. One of you next to me will have to boost me to unlock mine. Once I am free we must think carefully on the order to free us, in case interupted.

That dogsticker is probably too large for me, unless longshanks's friend is cleverer than we think. If it is too big another would be better served using it. As the guards know my teeth will serve until something the right size can be found.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Edmin looks at the goblin and nods."Can you open our locks then make it look like they are still secure? I can cause a ruckus, and possibly bring the guards into the cell. We can then kill them and move to the guard room down the hall. I saw another cell with a locked door when they took me to meet my beloved, the rest had remained open. Hopefully we can release whoever is in there and continue moving forward."


The manacles can be shut without being locked; they tend to fall open, but if you hold very still, they'll stay on your arms. From outside the room, you'd need a pretty good Perception roll to spot this. Close examination will of course give it away.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Ok, so the plan is to wait for maybe an hour after midnight. That should give the guards enough time to relax in their guardroom. Then we get the goblin up so he can release himself and the rest of us. We prepare for the next guard check. Might be two hours, might be four, should be well before dawn and the next guard switch. We are going to need to be out of here well before the next guard change in the morning. When the guards come, usually in pairs, two big guys jump the horn wielder. Swords are dangerous, reinforcements are more dangerous.

Once the guards are down, we see if there are any other prisoners here. Not all who are sent to Brandenscar are followers of the Lord of Flies, so we cannot just rely on anyone we find.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8
Rosa wrote:
"She said the prison had let the anti-magic ward run down, did she say buy how much and where, I know I can cast here but it is hard. As for names I am Rosa Luminass, Cleric and that symbol of my Master."

Edmin shakes his head before answering the cleric. "If not for these circumstances, it would be a pleasure to meet you Lady Rosa. Unfortunately she said nothing that I haven't already told you all. I believe we shall have to use brute force to free ourselves from this building, after that it sounds as if you will be able to work your magic freely."


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Edmin grins at the tall man and begins to stretch his arms and legs as much as possible with his chains. "Sounds as if we have a plan. I advise you all to rest if possible. Once this starts, it will only end with our freedom or our deaths."


Well okay. Shift change at midnight takes place as per normal. The guards check on you, as always, and then go back to the guardroom. It's possible you could have a random check; that's a thing that can happen. But otherwise, you should be unobserved for the next four hours. Note again, though, that the door to the guardroom is open -- loud noises will bring attention.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

The tall man looks over to the warrior. I imagine that brute force may not be the best choice. If the goblin is as quite as his people are rumored to be, then scouting and eliminating the enemies before we must face them armed and ready is much more likely to succeed.

Which leads me to my prior question. What skills to we all have. As I said, I can call on some help to aid us in battle. The goblin seems to have nimble hands and knows how to attack from behind. I imagine that the lady can call on the Lord of Darkness to aid her. What of you big men? I know you - looking at Jax - say you have some arcane capabilities. We need to know what each can do so that when, not if, we meet resistance, we are prepared.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

I assume that we are all in agreement on the plan as nobody has posted an objection.

After the midnight guard change and check takes place, Tohram looks to the others.

It is time. Toothpick, are you ready? Time to see whether that patch turns into lockpicks for you.

If he gets the picks from the veil, I will cast Summon Monster I and summon a large dog which will then go over and lift the goblin up as best it can. It will allow the goblin to stand on its back if that is possible. As this is a Spell-like ability, it should not require and verbal, somatic or material components. The dog will last for 1 minute.


Midnight comes and goes, marked only by the clang of an iron door and the tromp of the guards' boots. Your cell is cold and dark and foul... as it is always, day or night.

Okay, some words on picking locks. As noted, there are 13 locks here, not counting the door. If the goblin can first pick one lock, he'll be at +4 to pick all subsequent locks -- they're rather similar. However, he will be at -1 on his roll because he's Fatigued, and another -1 because the chains give him the Grappled condition. Jax, you can alleviate this by sticking your leg out and giving him a boost up; this will require either a DC 10 Str check or a DC 15 Acrobatics check.

Bref:
You can retry rolls, but you can't take 20. Missing a DC by 5 or more means you've made a noise. So, you probably want to indicate who you're freeing first (after yourself, obviously).


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8
Judge wrote:
What of you big men? I know you - looking at Jax - say you have some arcane capabilities. We need to know what each can do so that when, not if, we meet resistance, we are prepared.

The cavalier looks directly at the tall man as he speaks. " I am Sir Edmin Al'Roth, a knight, trained for war. I was born into the saddle, and am quiet deadly with any weapon. I have lived through my share of combat and meet it willingly. What of you? You keep making mention of someone you can call for help."

judge wrote:
It is time. Toothpick, are you ready? Time to see whether that patch turns into lockpicks for you.

After everyone is ready, Edmin will pull out the veil and rip out one of the daggers. If that works he will remove the lock picks and pass them around to the goblin.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

dd1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 11 - 1 = 17

this is -2 wo str

bref works quickly and silently

sorry phone posting


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

dd1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 11 - 1 = 28


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

DM DM - Can Bref stand on the dog I summoned? Can I summon the dog? I do not know if, or how, the anti-magic may or may not work.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

dd1d20 + 11 - 1 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 11 - 1 + 4 = 18
dd1d20 + 11 - 1 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 11 - 1 + 4 = 29 for edwin

dd1d20 + 11 - 1 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 11 - 1 + 4 = 27
dd1d20 + 11 - 1 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 11 - 1 + 4 = 30 for rose

dd1d20 + 11 - 1 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 11 - 1 + 4 = 16
dd1d20 + 11 - 1 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 11 - 1 + 4 = 31 for judge

dd1d20 + 11 - 1 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 11 - 1 + 4 = 15
dd1d20 + 11 - 1 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 11 - 1 + 4 = 26 for jax


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

sorry for poor posting but, I think that frees all. Really rushing here is a few more in case there is a failure

dd1d20 + 11 - 1 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 11 - 1 + 4 = 25
dd1d20 + 11 - 1 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 11 - 1 + 4 = 30

dd1d20 + 11 - 1 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 11 - 1 + 4 = 18
dd1d20 + 11 - 1 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 11 - 1 + 4 = 24

dm if I need more plz bot them. I will be away for another hourish, I really want to be part of the combat and all if we can wait. If not stealth and sneak attack w my teeth


okay, taking things one at a time. Judge, I'm going to roll for you to speed things along.

The Judge frowns and concentrates, murmuring and moving his hands. No one ever taught him magic; he had to discover it on his own through a combination of natural talent and research. He reaches out into the place where all things touch... and winces in pain as something like a buzzing screech fills his skull and vibrates in his bones and teeth.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

There is a sense of tremendous pressure, of pushing against something rubbery and massive. Then the Judge gasps... and something appears in the cell. It looks like a dog, but black and twisted. It opens its red mouth and grins, then trots towards the goblin.

Okay, critical question here: does Bref share the ancestral goblin aversion to dogs? Bref, you can answer with a simple yes or no, or I can roll for it.


Rosa picks carefully at the veil with delicate, pale fingers. The designs tear loose like little patches... and yes! Once loose, the silken threads turn into solid metal lockpicks which can be passed to the goblin beside her.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

When the dog appears: Toothpick, he will not harm you. Stand on his back and that should give you the support you need.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Just in case, let's see if Bref can make a Will save. I'd give +4 for your soothing words, but on the other hand that's one scaryass looking dog, so just +2. 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 1 + 2 = 17. Okay, so Bref will be able to keep control of himself even if he does fear and hate dogs. So let's say he does -- Bref, if you don't want that, just let us know and we'll retcon it.

The goblin, normally a restless, twitching bundle of hunger and hate, suddenly goes very still. The black dog-thing pads over and stand obediently by him. The goblin begins to flail and gibber.

"dogdogdogdog nonono"

"Toothpick, I say again, he will not harm you. What is this foolishness? Be about your business now!"

"nnnnn" But after a long moment, the goblin places one foot, then another, on the back of the motionless dog-thing. The dog shifts position slightly, and the goblin bites back a shriek of terror. But when Rosa passes him the lockpicks, suddenly he becomes all business, a cool professional. Only Rosa is close enough to hear him singing very softly under his breath:

Goblins sneak and goblins harm,
Goblins find a lonely farm,
Badger stink and poison bone,
Kill the dog away from home.

Rusty blade to cut their hides,
Dig it deep into their sides!
See the mess that we have made,
With our fine new dogslicer blade...


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

well played dm. Bref hates dogs, logically knows he needs it, that is perfect!


Okay, let's go down that list of rolls. First roll was a fail (17 won't do it) second a success (28 will). That means I have to adjust the remaining rolls, because you need to succeed twice to get free. So, second roll is an 18 (fail) followed by 29 (success) and you are free. From here on out your bonus is so high you can only fail critically on a natural 1! 27 and 30 frees Rosa. 16 and 31, one success and one failure, you have one of the Judge's arms loose... and then you roll a natural 1.

Mumbling to himself, the goblin picks away. In just a few moments, he has freed first one hand, and then the other! Without saying a word, he hops off the dog. Moving carefully to keep his leg-chains from making too much sound, he shuffles over to Sir Edmin. A few more moments of muttering and humming, and the tall cavalier is free as well. Then he shuffles over to the judge. He is beginning to grin evilly and giggle to himself. He frees one arm...

...and as he reaches for the second manacle, the pick suddenly falls from his hand and skitters across the floor: ting ting /ting/.

Everyone goes very still.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Nice - goblins are not exactly common in lawful good Talingarde, so Tohram would not have even thought of the conflict.


1d20 ⇒ 16

"Hey, did you hear something?"

1d20 ⇒ 17

"Better check it out."

You have one round before the guards arrive. Since the door is still locked, your best bet is probably trying to stick your hands back in the manacles -- the guards probably won't enter the room if they see you're out of your chains.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

AAAAAAAACHOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Judge Tohram lets out an explosive sneeze.

Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

Also, the dog should be gone as it would have disappeared after 1 minute and I am sure we are close to if not past that.


I'm pretty sure you can dismiss summoned creatures at will.

The two guards stand outside the door. 1d20 ⇒ 6 They peer into the gloom, frowning, but do not see anything amiss.

"Probably a rat or something... And you! Shut your hole, scum!" The guards return down the hall.


Female looking Android Iron Priest [L2] | AC 15, T 12, FF 13 | F +3*/R+2/W+5 | HP 13/13 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | Init +2 | Perception +5 | Condition: None

FYI thanks for pointing that out missed 1 skill point in that when copying over from HL, its there now, ya always miss some thing

101 to 150 of 12,164 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Doug M's Way of the Wicked Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.