Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Doug M's Way of the Wicked (Inactive)

Game Master Douglas Muir 406

Follow the Way of the Wicked, the award-winning AP from Fire Mountain games.

The wickedness continues in Way of the Wicked Part II: The Dark Tower!


1,001 to 1,050 of 12,164 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>

M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Goblin needs to CHEW!! Bref flies out the room heading down the stairs towards where his friend Grumble is going to smash. As soon as he is close enough to the ground where he can feasibly jump down without hurting himself he does, giggling all the while.

Acro1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 10 - 1 = 21


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Ok Disguise Self to look like the Warden? Or does anyone have a spell to sound like the Warden? Let's all pull up back here, Bluff and Con and bring the guards up here and we all shout 'SURPRISE'! We can say he needs help with an experiment. Sigh. Please run me intelligently. Bye guys, I'll read the fun when get home.


Lord of Darkness 5, Cavalier 1 INIT:+4, AC:21 (23w/Shield), HP:64, F:+10 R:+5 W:+6, Perception: 5

Edmin looks down at the warden's crumpled body then to the blade of his new axe and smiles. "Tough old bastage, I'll give him that."


Lord of Darkness 5, Cavalier 1 INIT:+4, AC:21 (23w/Shield), HP:64, F:+10 R:+5 W:+6, Perception: 5

Thinking we bring them in, someone look like the Warden and then Bref and Jaz hit em from behind and me and Gumbeldorf attack from the front. Spells casters do their thing. Should be quick.


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP 47/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]

***BOOM***POP***CRACKLE***
Huge fireworks suddenly go off and a large 1000 POSTS suddenly appears in the air outside the tower window.

Hey Cy - you just got post #1000

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
-->The Judge quickly looks around for anything interesting while catching his breath after having had to suddenly dismiss his shadow before it succumbed to the ball of fire.


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP 47/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]

The Judge suddenly realizes that the the guards are downstairs and calling for help.

Taking a deep breath, the Judge goes over to the window and calls out mimicking the Warden's voice as best he can.

All is fine. I heard the dogs and then tripped over a book I had been reading when I was going to the window.

Bluff: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


Meanwhile, some bad news for Cy/Zimu. She took the full brunt of the Color Spray, so she'll be unconscious for the next 2d4 - 1 ⇒ (2, 2) - 1 = 3 rounds, and then blinded and stunned for 1d4 ⇒ 1 rounds, and then stunned for 1 round. -- Yeah, Color Spray is brutal.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Looking to the sky, speaking to someone that no one else knows is there Does that mean goblin can chew?


Niiiice, Judge. Guards will need a nat 20 to see through that.

1d20 ⇒ 1
1d20 ⇒ 19

Judge, you would have to open the window to call down. I assume you're standing back so they can't get a good look at you?


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP 47/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]

Judge believes that the best way to win a fight is to make it go away until you are fully prepared to win.


Meanwhile, as Bref comes down the stairs -- bounce, bounce, backflip, bounce -- Grumblejack totally wants to rip the bar off the door and smash these guys. Rosa, what are you saying to him?


1d100 ⇒ 70
1d100 ⇒ 28

"Um, Sir, we thought we heard you yell-- uh, call out something about the prisoners? Do you want us to go check on them?"


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP 47/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]

Bah, those fools. They are secure. I bumped my head when I fell, I might have screamed something like that. Just make sure the axe is sharpened in the morning. It is going to get a lot of work this week.


Let's see. What was the Judge's init roll, way back when? [rummage, rummage] Ah yes, a 14.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Judge:
A large owl is flying directly towards you, yellow eyes wide open, claws outstretched. It is utterly silent, but you spotted it against the stars.

It's a surprise round, so you can take a standard action. You can attack it, run away, or simply close the window.


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP 47/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]

Seeing the owl appear (and I assume that the Judge would know that wizards frequently have familiars), Tohram smiles and then 5-foot steps back from the window while summoning a eagle.

Standard Action: Summon Monster 1 (spell like ability, standard action casting time)

I would also like to shut the window as soon as the owl is inside.

The eagle will ready an attack as soon as the owl enters.


Ooh, summoning is a standard action for you guys. clever. Okay. A fiendish eagle, I assume? It gets a single attack as the owl flies in. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 That hits! (The owl is charging, so it's at -2 AC.) Damage 1d4 ⇒ 2

The owl charges:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 211d4 ⇒ 1

The fiendish eagle is a horrible looking thing, black with red eyes and red slashes on its wings. It shrieks and rips at the owl.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

2d4 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7

The eagle tears the owl's head off. Downy feathers fill the air in a fluttering cloud as the eagle methodically rips the owl to pieces.

Apparently, upon the death of its master a familiar loses all those extra hp. Who knew?


Lord of Darkness 5, Cavalier 1 INIT:+4, AC:21 (23w/Shield), HP:64, F:+10 R:+5 W:+6, Perception: 5

Edmin heads down to the second floor and waits at the stairs to the first and tries to slow the Ogre down. "Easy Big Guy. I promise you will get to smash someone, but we want to make sure we don't end up back in our cells."


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Goblin needs to cheeeeeeewwwwwww .


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP 47/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]

Tohram calls the hideous eagle to his shoulder, and then returns to looking around the room to see if anything is of note.

Cast Detect Magic and scan the room for any magical auras. I also begin to search the Warden's body for any scrolls.

My Summon Monster spells also last 1 minute per level rather than 1 round. But, I can only summon this way if Morsum is not summoned, it is one or the other, not both. (Master Summoner archetype allows both, but the Eidolon is weaker.)


No longer active

At the sound of the voice from above saying all is well, just a bump, Rosa will indicate to the Bref and Ogre to hold, with her back to the door, She will put a finger to her mouth the the well knows sign of

"Don't make a sound"

That was way to close


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Smart enough to understand the necessity of quiet, Bref does so. But he starts jumping up and down in frustration and runs over to the stairs and begins to chew on the banister.

Chomp, chomp, chomp


Perception check for Rosa 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Faint voices from the other side of the barred door.

"corporal, ### Warden sounded funny?"

"### probably cold or something anyway ### ###"

"yeah I saw ### ### creepy thing ### around all night"

[laughter]

"hey he said ### ### tomorrow"

"well private ### ### do that"

"aw no corporal"

The voices fade away. Inside, Grumblejack makes a low rumbling noise of frustration. Bref is gnawing on the bannister, his misshapen teeth tearing out jagged splinters of wood.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

New toys! Bref races back up the stairs and starts searching the wardens room

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


No longer active

whisper "Bref Tell the others, alls well here and we will hold until they are done"

Then to Grumblejack

whisper
"You will have your chance soon, we are not out of here yet, Smashing time soon, for now hold here in case they come back"

Rosa waits ear to the door, just in case they do come back.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Let's see what the old mucky muck had on his person. Then spell casters, shall we peruse what's in the library?

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Zimy, you'll need a few rounds for that Color Spray to wear off.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

As Bref searches the room Perception 18 above he pauses.

Where is Shadow Beastie?

He dives under the bed Beastie? Looks under Cy Beeeeaaaastie? Behind the door. BEASTIE! Grabs the handles of the wardrobe Shaaadooow throws them open Beastie!

Finally he stops and looks confusedly at Judge. As he gnaws on his rolling pin.


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 47/51; AC:21(25)/16/17(21); Saves: +9/+11/+7; Init +5; Per +8, AP: 6/7

Jax walks over to the Warden and scoops the scroll out of his dead fingers. What have we here. Well, lets look around and see what we can find? That was a good deflection, Judge.

Perception to aid another on Bref->1d20 ⇒ 8

What have we got left magic wise? I can drop the colours the Warden did if we can get some guards to cluster together.


I can't remember if maguses (magi?) get Read Magic?

Read Magic:
The Warden had two scrolls on him: Invisibility and Shocking Grasp, both at 4th level.

Anyone going through the pockets of the Warden's headless body?


Reposting the description of the three rooms so far.

Ground floor: There is a small foyer or coatroom. Beyond, it opens out into what looks like a formal reception room that can double as a small dining hall. The foyer is empty; the room beyond has a darkwood table with solid-looking chairs that can seat perhaps a dozen people. Tapestries hang on the wall. There is a small closet under the stairs.

Second floor: It's a library. The walls are covered with shelves, all lined with books. There's a carpet on the floor, a comfortable looking armchair, a stool for reaching the higher shelves, and a desk. On the opposite wall, the stairs continue to the next floor up. A narrow window faces inward towards the grounds.

Third floor -- Warden's Room: This room is obviously a living chamber. It is split in two by a hanging curtain; however, the curtain has been drawn aside. The front part of the room includes a couch, a low table, a large wooden chest, and a stand with a washbasin. The back part has a large, comfortable looking bed, a wardrobe and a full length mirror.

Note that there's presumably another room on the third floor behind that "Office" door.


Lord of Darkness 5, Cavalier 1 INIT:+4, AC:21 (23w/Shield), HP:64, F:+10 R:+5 W:+6, Perception: 5

Edmin has a seat on the bottom of the stairs and cleans the warden's blood from his axe. The knight needing a moment to calm himself after the mad rush and fight.


Edmin's first sergeant told him, years ago: take care of your weapons, and they'll take care of you.

The witch is still lying unconscious on the landing. The Warden's headless body has mostly stopped pumping blood. There was a nice carpet in this room; it's pretty much ruined.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Bref is becoming paniced. BEASTIE!!!

Once settled he will systematically search every room for traps then toys, taking 20


No longer active

Once Rosa is happy the guards have gone she will have a look around the ground floor GM, Detect magic on the rooms.

"Come on Grumblejack, lets see whats of use down here."

Have a peek in the small closet under the stairs.


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP 47/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]

After a minute the hellish eagle that nobody else seems to have noticed disappears.

Turning to the frantic goblin: Toothpick, don't worry. Shadow Beastie got burned by that bad old man. He will be back in a while. For now he is resting.


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 47/51; AC:21(25)/16/17(21); Saves: +9/+11/+7; Init +5; Per +8, AP: 6/7

Jax will loot through the pockets of the Warden as well and will take a look in the chest after having Toothpick check it for traps and (if needed) unlock it. He'll then head down tothe library (Second floor) and start analyzing the books for anything worth some money (take 20 on appraise check). He'll likewise appraise the tapestries on the first floor.

Pretty sure you can use spellcraft to read scrolls in place of Read magic. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Lord of Darkness 5, Cavalier 1 INIT:+4, AC:21 (23w/Shield), HP:64, F:+10 R:+5 W:+6, Perception: 5

After cleaning his weapon, Edmin goes back up stairs and recovers the Warden's head and takes it back to the first floor, placing it in the middle of the entry way facing the door. "Ladies and gentlemen, dawn is fast approaching. Please recover anything you want from this damned place but insure it will not hinder us during the rest of our escape. We still have alot to do to get out of here, and many more people to kill if they get in our way."


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP 47/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]

The Judge looks over at Bref: Suppose we should check the office. You want to open the door?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 47/51; AC:21(25)/16/17(21); Saves: +9/+11/+7; Init +5; Per +8, AP: 6/7

Oh Edwin, you think so small! Look at all of this...its too bad we can't take it all with us...Or can we?

Jax lets out a low, mischievous chuckle. Someone mentioned the Warden was a noble, yes? I can't recall who. Whichever of you knows about him, could you help me with some paperwork? To the study! I swear this will be but a moment and its well worth the time.

Jax is going to the Warden's paperwork. He's going to get samples of his writing, specifically dates, inventory lists and signatures. He's going to attempt to forge a will requiring that all the tapestries, books and magical paraphenalia owned by the Warden goes to certain people. If the Warden is married, he of course places most of the Warden's wealth with the family. If he is not married and has no children/family, Jax writes the will to give some to Brandenscar, some to close relatives and 10% (including everything in this tower) to the Warden's old adventuring buddy...Jacob Warrington III, one of Jax's old aliases. He's a little known noble so not likely to attract much attention.

What's the worst that happens?


Lord of Darkness 5, Cavalier 1 INIT:+4, AC:21 (23w/Shield), HP:64, F:+10 R:+5 W:+6, Perception: 5

Edmin's eyes narrow at the thiefling's words," The time for us to run around looking for shineys is quickly passing. I advise you all to concern yourselves more with your own survival then feeding your greed. You will not have time to enjoy these...things, if we are caught. All of you now are murders and will meet the headsman if we do not escape this place."


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP 47/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]

While the search is going on, and before opening the office, the Judge sits down on part of the bed not covered in the Warden's gore. He then begins a ritual of some sort which appears to mostly cause him to bend over and grimace in pain as though he suddenly caught a bad case of food poisoning. While doing this, you slowly see his shadow stretch out and once again become manifest. Eventually, Morsum is lying next to him on the bed, unconscious, but still real.

Next, the Judge turns and once again speaks in the hissing grating tongue that he uses to call to the arcane.

Mejju, il-qawwa ta 'mejtin fejqan għalik.

Necril:

May the power of dead heal you.

Cast Rejuvenate Eidolon, Lesser: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Once he completes this, you see shadow flow from the Judge's hands into Morsum and a moment later the Shadow Beastie's red eyes pop open.


Male Eidolon Disconcerting Shadowy Monstrosity HP: 53/53; AC23(27 w/Mage Armor; 31 w/MA& Shield),T12,FF20; F+6,R+3,W+4/+8; Per+9; Init+2)

Then, in its grating voice: Master, I am sorry, I failed you.

Tohram simply stares at the monster, no emotion apparent.


No longer active

Rosa give the ground floor a once over, She finds nothing of use or value to aid them in there, getaway, she goods up to the top floor to see how they are doing, Seeing Edmin harmed she passed him the healing Vile.

"This was given to you, now its the time to use it"

She moves the Witch into a seating position checking to see she is unharmed, once shes awake Rosa go's over and looks at Edmins handy work.

She looks at the headless body and then pics up the head of the Warden and takes in his features for the time she may need to make herself look like, him.

Then she walks over to Edmin saying.

"That axe has now been blessed with blood, You should name it"

Then closer to his ear says whispers.
"Ready to move out on your word, Ill be at the main door."

She looks at the others seeking to loot the room, then walks off back down to the front door.


Lord of Darkness 5, Cavalier 1 INIT:+4, AC:21 (23w/Shield), HP:64, F:+10 R:+5 W:+6, Perception: 5

Drink the potion.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Bref wrote:
Looks under Cy Beeeeaaaastie?

Most men stopped calling it that after the middle ages, granted there are still a few holdouts.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Jax that was a new level of cool, you have given me a new love for Linguistics.

Awaiting Sleeping Beauty Syndrome to pass, then thanks Lady Firestarter for looking after her.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Goblin hurts...

Bref finishes checking the room then moves to the office door and looks for traps.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Goblin pleased
Can open with ease

Just as he is preparing to push open the door, or unlock it, he sees Morsum has returned.

He flies across the room and does a double flip onto the bed Acro1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 1 = 15 in between Morsum and Judge and begins to bounce.

BEASTIE! Everything shall be chewed! Tee hee tee hee hee hee


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Jax I wonder, could you create an ancient looking document that states the anti magic ward we found belongs to yet another of your aliases, on loan to the prison and has to be 'specially recharged' in say, a few weeks from now?

Brief message to Edmin on gameplay thread.

Also, perhaps Rosa can finally have her fire, we could start the SMALLEST of fires, somewhere it will SLOWLY grow, just as we leave, this would be the diversion we would need by the time we are out the gates.

1,001 to 1,050 of 12,164 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Doug M's Way of the Wicked Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.