Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Doug M's Way of the Wicked (Inactive)

Game Master Douglas Muir 406

Follow the Way of the Wicked, the award-winning AP from Fire Mountain games.

The wickedness continues in Way of the Wicked Part II: The Dark Tower!


901 to 950 of 12,164 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

The Thing is standing directly in front of the wizard, so you can't charge the wizard.

Rule Exceprt:
You must move to the closest space from which you can attack the opponent. If this space is occupied or otherwise blocked, you can't charge. If any line from your starting space to the ending space passes through a square that blocks movement, slows movement, or contains a creature (even an ally), you can't charge.

The Thing is 15 feet away and the Warden is right behind him (20'). You can charge the Thing, or you can ignore it and move (not charge) adjacent to the Warden and attack him -- although this may open you to an AoO from the Thing. Either way, you'll keep these rolls. (Note that there are still three Wardens.)


So, you need to clarify which of those Morsum is doing.


Edmin, same-same. Who are you charging?

Also, you don't have any boxes with you. Are you thinking of the anti-magic ward? Nobody mentioned picking it up and taking it with you. It's quite heavy, and anyway it was in a large locked lead-lined cabinet, not a box.


Male Eidolon Disconcerting Shadowy Monstrosity HP: 53/53; AC23(27 w/Mage Armor; 31 w/MA& Shield),T12,FF20; F+6,R+3,W+4/+8; Per+9; Init+2)

Morsum will charge the Thing since it is closest.


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP 47/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
]Also, you don't have any boxes with you. Are you thinking of the anti-magic ward? Nobody mentioned picking it up and taking it with you. It's quite heavy, and anyway it was in a large locked lead-lined cabinet, not a box.

I said we took it and gave it to the ogre to carry, but when I reread, I realized that the closet was lead lined, not a box, so I did not reinquire about it.


1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

The Thing seems completely insubstantial. Your blows seem to have no effect on it... except that its faint rushing or droning sound changes slightly, somehow seeming to take on a mocking overtone.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

I hope the Warden does not hit us with another effect spell. DM I rolled 14 for initiative where does that place me in the order? I think you did not mention me or if you did you called me Rosa hence the brief confusion.


Removing the Ward would be a minor engineering task, since cabinet is affixed firmly to the wall, and the stone and cabinet together weigh over 300 lbs. Mind, there was a crowbar, hammer, chisel, and pulley in the next room... but anyway, it's not something you could simply say "we walk off with it."

Sir Edmin?


Zimu, sorry about that. I'll put you in the Init order next time I post it. It's moot this round, since you can't act anyway.


Lord of Darkness 5, Cavalier 1 INIT:+4, AC:21 (23w/Shield), HP:64, F:+10 R:+5 W:+6, Perception: 5

Well, can I move around the creature and not provoke the AoO? If I can I will do that, if I get an AoO I will go for the mage any way. Just take 2 off my charge.


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 47/51; AC:21(25)/16/17(21); Saves: +9/+11/+7; Init +5; Per +8, AP: 6/7

Rosa, sounds like trouble upstairs. Ignore the door, shall we go help?

Jax will move up the stairs for his turn (round 1), pulling out the makeshift shortsword.

Can we get some Knowledge checks on that creature so we can know a bit more about it? Arcane? Planes?


No longer active

At the sound of Edmins call Rosa is all ready moving
"Yes! Jax, we head up, Grumblejack come".

Rosa runs up to the sound of Edmins call

Rosa will take the Init you roll all ready GM


People who are conscious and there can try knowledge checks. Unfortunately, neither Sir Edmin nor Morsum have relevant Knowledge skills. Edmin, we'll keep your roll; without the charge, it's a 10. Not even close.

Sir Edmin runs forward and swings... and misses; all three of the Wardens are unhurt.

Welp, that's it for the PCs. The Warden takes a step back, to get out of Edmin's threat range, and casts.


A flaming sphere suddenly appears in midair directly in front of Sir Edmin. It glows with white heat. Bits of liquid flame dribble off it, evaporating before they hit the stone floor. It moves towards the knight...

Spoiler:

3d6 ⇒ (5, 2, 1) = 8

A Reflex save for Sir Edmin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Well, ouch. 8 points of damage on Sir Edmin.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

I would like to congratulate the party in keeping the Warden alive as I requested. Well done!


The Thing does not move; it simply bobs in midair making its faint droning sound.

The Warden raises his voice to a shout. "To me, men of Branderscar! Prisoners on the loose! Ho!"

Okay, Round 2. Morsum is engaged with the Thing. Sir Edmin is 5 feet away from the Warden and getting burned up by the flaming sphere. Jax and Rosa are coming up the stairs and will arrive at the end of this round. I'm afraid that everyone else is still standing slack-jawed.


Cуровую зиму wrote:
I would like to congratulate the party in keeping the Warden alive as I requested. Well done!

Okay, that made me chuckle.


Male Eidolon Disconcerting Shadowy Monstrosity HP: 53/53; AC23(27 w/Mage Armor; 31 w/MA& Shield),T12,FF20; F+6,R+3,W+4/+8; Per+9; Init+2)

Round 2

Unsure what this thing is that cannot be hit and that does not strike back, Morsum moves to hit one of the mages before him:

Attack-bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 <-- if misses by less than 5, should dispel a mirror image if that is what they are.
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

I assume that this requires a regular move and not a 5-foot move. If only a 5-foot move, Morsum will do a full attack.


Lord of Darkness 5, Cavalier 1 INIT:+4, AC:21 (23w/Shield), HP:64, F:+10 R:+5 W:+6, Perception: 5

[ooc]Round 2
HP:4/13
AC: 16
5' Step to attack warden. If posible set up cleave on Warden and The Thing.
Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11+2 if flanking with Morty
Damage: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13+1 damage if flanking


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

If Cуровую can act this round, she will delay to try to break the Warden's spell casting.

"It's a pleasure to meet such an esteemed member of the ruling class, we have much to discuss my lord."

A barely seen smile briefly flashes on her porcelain face.

If there are still images of the Warden left, Force Missile to the actual Warden.

Force Missile 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

If the Warden has no images left

Crossbow 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Damage 1d8 ⇒ 8


No longer active

Now that's rolling max DMG on ether attack, sweet

Round 2 / Init 6
AC 18
Spells running
Copy-cat

Rosa flicks on Copy cat as she's running up, Then arrives to see they seem to have quite a fight,

Rosa knows that Grumblejack is just behind her, she dos not want to block the door, hes going to want to go start in and start smashing (Rage + charge?) so Rosa side step and shot at one of the at wardens.

1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 2 - 4 = 1 TH Miss
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 DMG

She will then drop the Cross bow and pull her Club


Wow, some truly horrible rolling here. Just for the record, the Warden's AC is 17. Nobody's managed to hit him *or his AC 12 mirror images*.

Zimu, you can't act at all this round. Rosa, you arrive at the END of this round -- your action this round is to move up the stairs. Jax, too. So, that brings us to the Warden and the Thing again.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

I believe this was for the next round I just posted because I had a class to go to.

Spoiler:

What did you have for dinner?


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Bref drools

drip...drip...drip

Will Save if rolled each round:
In case I get to roll each round 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Bref

The pool of drool from the goblin actually forms on the ground to spell TPK in morse code.


Okay, as a move action the Warden is going to use his flaming sphere to finish off Sir Edmin.

"You had the chance to surrender. Now... burn, criminal, burn!"

Burn:

Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 5) = 14

Sir Edmin's Reflex save: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 4) = 10

Ow, ow, ouch. 14 points of damage. Not only does that drop Sir Edmin, I believe it brings him close to death.

The flaming sphere glows brighter and brighter. Sir Edmin gasps... and, overcome by the heat, collapses. His axe clatters to the ground.

That was a move action. The Warden's standard action in just a moment.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

you gave edmin a reflex save of 3d6! LOL I knew you were vicious but that is hardcore!


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

I think Edmin may want to roll his own save because 3d6 for a saving throw is a tad biased.

Was dinner that bad? :)


Whoops, my bad! Okay, rerolling Edmin's save. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21Holy crap, he makes it! Good one, Sir Edmin! Half damage! only 7 points!

Of course, he drops just the same. But he's a lot further from death.

A small superior smile appears briefly on the Warden's thin lips. He calls out once more, "To me, men of Branderscar!" Then he turns to Morsum. "What manner of thing are you? Well, it matters not. You too shall fall." He gestures.

Spoiler:
2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 3) + 2 = 9

9 points of damage on Morsum.


The Thing drifts drowsily away from Morsum, ignoring him. It halts in the doorway, blocking the door.

Okay, so, there's good news and bad news.


Male Eidolon Disconcerting Shadowy Monstrosity HP: 53/53; AC23(27 w/Mage Armor; 31 w/MA& Shield),T12,FF20; F+6,R+3,W+4/+8; Per+9; Init+2)

Seeing the warrior fall, Morsum realizes that this is more than it can handle alone. Morsum then grabs Edmin and drags him back out of the room.

As he leaves, he calls out: Shut door.


Hang on there, big fellow. It's not your init anyway. (And the Thing has blocked the door. You'd have to literally go through it.

So, the good news. The spell effect wears off at the end of this round. Starting on Round Three, everyone can move again! Except Sir Edmin, of course.

The bad news...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lord of Darkness 5, Cavalier 1 INIT:+4, AC:21 (23w/Shield), HP:64, F:+10 R:+5 W:+6, Perception: 5

"Wow, the wardens AC is better than mine! Pretty bad ass for an old man in his PJs and spends most of his time petting his owl. Must be a big owl.


Knock, knock, knock.

A faint voice calls from the door below. "warden? is everything all right?"


Lord of Darkness 5, Cavalier 1 INIT:+4, AC:21 (23w/Shield), HP:64, F:+10 R:+5 W:+6, Perception: 5

-3hp


Edmin Al'Roth wrote:
"Wow, the wardens AC is better than mine! Pretty bad ass for an old man in his PJs and spends most of his time petting his owl.

-1 Dex, +4 Mage Armor, +4 Shield. Don't give the wizard time to buff.


Grumblejack's eye's light up. He turns to go back down the stairs. "Smash!"


The shimmering colors fade. Your mind is suddenly your own again.

Init order is Edmin, Jax, Morsum, the Warden, Bref, Zimu The Judge, Rosa, Grumblejack, the Thing.

Morsum is in the room with the Warden. Sir Edmin is on the floor. The Thing is blocking the door. The rest of you are still out on the landing, outside the room.


Rosa and Zimu, your actions posted earlier are erased (since you couldn't have done them). On your init this round, act and roll again. Jax is up, followed by Morsum.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Would it be alright to use the good rolls I just rolled since in game I have used old BAD rolls for two perceptions and an initiative even when I had rolled them much earlier? If not that's fine. Also my INIT was 14.


No longer active

Edited -

Got you GM miss read, Rosa then will have to change action from what I posted, as thing in door way now, I will post her action closer to her Init.


I'm sorry to make you toss good rolls, but if I'm making Rosa toss the bad ones, it's only fair.


Okay, I'm up for another half hour then must crash. Guards knocking on the door below you, angry wizard incinerating your party up above. How will it end? Perhaps we'll find out tomorrow.

Jax and Morsum can act. Everyone else, hold your fire for now, please.

Doug M.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Thank you, I will repost under spoiler for ease.

Actions this round

Spoiler:
It's a pleasure to meet such an esteemed member of the ruling class, we have much to discuss my lord."

A barely seen smile briefly flashes on her porcelain face.

If there are Mirror still images of the Warden left, Force Missile to the actual Warden.

Force Missile 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

If the Warden has no images left and has a clear shot

Crossbow 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Damage 1d8 ⇒ 8

If the Warden goes down she will shout instructions to keep him alive, as she in turn tries to stabilize Edmin.

Sorry have to run to work in 30 minutes, DM or Edmin please run Cуровую for the next few hours, I have 5 Force Missiles left, 10 bolts for the crossbow. I have gameplay options on the discussion thread. I hope we're alive when I get back!


Minor edit: the Warden is -2 Dex. He's old and shaky! So his AC is 16, not 17, and his mirror images are effectively AC 11. (And STILL nobody has hit him.)

Also: Sir Edmin can roll to see if he stabilizes. If not, drop him down to -5 hp.


Male Eidolon Disconcerting Shadowy Monstrosity HP: 53/53; AC23(27 w/Mage Armor; 31 w/MA& Shield),T12,FF20; F+6,R+3,W+4/+8; Per+9; Init+2)

Didn't Edmin roll an 11, 13 with flanking, on his last attack?

What caused the damage to Morsum? He has Shadow Blend which gives him concealment - 20% miss chance.

Shadow Blend (Su):

In any condition of illumination other than bright light, the eidolon disappears into the shadows, giving it concealment (20% miss chance). If it has the shadow form evolution, it instead gains total concealment (50% miss chance). The eidolon can suspend or resume this ability as a free action.


_______________

Changing my action from before since DMDM posted.

Seeing the warrior go down and the strange unhittable thing blocking him from his master, Morsum turns and seeks to grapple the wizard to stop it from doing any more magic.

Grapple: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 vs CMD <-- I don't think Shield or Mage Armor affect CMD.

Time to die.


No longer active

GM Rosa actions etc:

Rosa has a plan of action but will wait for others to act, note as I am not as a player in the same time zone as most of you, I will miss the start of the end of this round if you know what I mean so Rosa at a push will head to the library and keep an eye on front door. She can Chanel neg energy but not around the party. So she can hit troops coming up with out hitting the good bad guys, sleep well ill check again when I can.


Lord of Darkness 5, Cavalier 1 INIT:+4, AC:21 (23w/Shield), HP:64, F:+10 R:+5 W:+6, Perception: 5

Stabalize check: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 2 - 4 = 11 Hurray! I finally passed something.


The two of you were flanking the Thing but not the Warden. As to what hit you... Int 7 and no Spellcraft. "He cast a spell. OW!"

1d3 ⇒ 2

Morsum roars and grabs one of the Wardens. That one disappears like a soap bubble -- pop. Now there are only two left.


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP 47/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]

No, Morsum attacked the Thing the first round, and then switched to the Warden on Round 2. Edmin attacked the Warden both rounds and posted that he was trying to flank with Shadow Beastie.

See Post 919

901 to 950 of 12,164 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Doug M's Way of the Wicked Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.