Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Doug M's Way of the Wicked (Inactive)

Game Master Douglas Muir 406

Follow the Way of the Wicked, the award-winning AP from Fire Mountain games.

The wickedness continues in Way of the Wicked Part II: The Dark Tower!


801 to 850 of 12,164 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

yes to the tower. While Morsum dealt with Dogs, Bref would have snuck over to the tower to open the lock.

Stealth 1d20 + 14 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 14 - 1 = 29

DD 1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 11 - 1 = 19

If the first didn't do it]DD 1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 11 - 1 = 28


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:216/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Edmin looks in the direction of the guards and silently curses as the others head to the warden's tower. The knight falls in behind the group, hoping that the tower does not become the location of their last stand.


No longer active

Just as Jax tells them that hes seen a light come on, Rosa looks on in shock as the book worm Judge with out waiting for any kind of agreement form her and Edmin, pulls up his uniform and his bony legs going, start running across the courtyard to the warden's tower, whats more shocking is the noise the old gout's is making. What is more shocking is seeing Bref and Cуровую following.

Rosa shakes her head, as Edmin looks at the book worm Judge, sprints off like some curt clerk running late with Sunday papers. Looking in at Endmin she can see his frustration, as he silently curses and shakes his head.

In a low voice she says

"Whet the &&£^£* he doing! that fools just split there forces into three! Hell's hes going to get us all killed"

As Edmin gets up to move after them, Rosa falls in behind him, keeping close as a well disciplined, cleric should and keeping a look out as they now have to run to keep up with the group heading to the loot tower.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 stealth
Making little sound she moves along behind Edmin

To herself she thinks

"That fools going to be the death of us all, acting like that this luck is going to run out very fast. Running off and leaving the troop behind, just so he can get his hands on the wardens shiny magics. Hells below save us from this buffoon. Lets see if the old fart book worm is 1st in the door and the fight, not a chance, but as soon as he gets us to clear that place, Ill bet he's 1st at the Wardens foot locker picking the best magics.

Note for Judge:

Sorry just wanted to point out, like us you have a Chain Shirt on now, so your stealth has a -2, your roll should have been 1d20+0 its essaly done, I do it all the time.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Revenge on Warden, revenge on Blackerly, then Bref can think straight again!


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Message to Bref "Hostage!"

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Stealth 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Bref opens the door. The rest of the party is running up behind him.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

As the door opens, Bref gets a glimpse of the room beyond. It is a small foyer or coatroom. Beyond, it opens out into what looks like a formal reception room that can double as a small dining hall. The foyer is empty; the room beyond has a darkwood table with solid-looking chairs that can seat perhaps a dozen people. Tapestries hang on the wall.

Then several things happen at once.

There is a soft hooting sound from above. Bref looks up. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 He does not see the source of the sound. But just a moment later, there is another sound -- a faint rushing drone, growing louder. Bref turns back.

There is something in the foyer. It is just barely visible. Bref has a brief impression of something that is mostly transparent, when suddenly the droning sound grows to a ROAR as the thing rushes at him. 1d20 ⇒ 7 It grabs Bref and slams him against the side of the door, hard. Then it rushes onward and past.

Bref, you have taken 4 points of damage. (Rolled offscreen -- you don't know how many dice this thing rolls.) That's in addition to the 1 you took earlier, so you're down 5 now. You do not get an attack of opportunity. The thing is now hovering in the air, ten feet off the ground and ten feet away from you. It's a surprise round -- you can move or take a standard action, but not both.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

A surprise bellow from Bref alerts Cуровую.

"Bref is inside, hurt and he is NOT alone!"


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169+5; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

Jax gets a glance into the room as Bref opens the door and steps in, having just enough time to whistle. Well look at those tapestries I bet--

As Toothpick is rammed into the side of the door, Jax ducks instinctively and glances around. What in the bloody hell was that?<--Knowledge (Arcane) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 and perception to find it 1d20 ⇒ 4

Oh this will be fun...

Initiative? 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

I rolled initiative yesterday when I asked to have my character run and was pretty bad, but I'll keep the bad and the good. Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Initiative so far:
Thing, Jax, Bref, Rosa

Want to see Bref's action on the surprise round before we start into combat.


Male Dhampir Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 231/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Tohram is following with the others. Morsum should be right behind Bref.

Tohram Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Morsum Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Gonna be out for a few hours, may be able to post on my phone, but it will be short.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:216/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

This 'thing' just beat Jax's initiative. Oh oh.


No longer active

Init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Bref quickly ducks behind the door, putting it between himself and the floating killer.

Editing Damage


Initiative for all:
Thing, Jax, Bref, Rosa, Judge, Edmin, Morsum, Zimu

Okay, all inits in. Waiting to hear what Bref does. Bref, you can't attack this thing -- it's ten feet away *and* ten feet up in the air, so you'd need a missile or thrown weapon. You don't have one ready, and you don't have Throw Anything or Quick Draw. But you can go to Full Defense, or run, or do anything else you can do with a standard action.


Ah, ninja'd. Okay, I'll say the door grants you concealment. Now it's the Thing's turn.

1d20 ⇒ 2

The whatever-it-is roars past you. The door shakes violently in your grasp, but the Thing seems confused by the flat solidness of it somehow, and you are unharmed. It passes into the foyer and goes into the room beyond, where it seems to hover in the air above the table.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

You don't get an AoO. The thing is inside, 20 feet from you and 10 feet up. Init order is now Thing, Jax, Bref, Rosa, Judge, Edmin, Morsum, Zimu. So, Jax and Bref are up.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Bref will attempt to move silently Stealth, hoping that it does not notice him, and focuses on the others.

1d20 + 14 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 14 - 1 = 18

doh Then he will wait until after Jax has acted and move into the room and to the side of the hovering killer.[/ooc]


No longer active

to keep things moving

As Rosa is last in line I think, and as yet dos not fully known what is going on at the front she will delay action.


Okay, Rosa is delaying. So Jax is up, with the Judge and Sir Edmin on deck.


Male Dhampir Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 231/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

The Judge steps back from the door and attempts to watch the wall on either side to make sure the Warden does not escape along the wall.

He also loads a bolt into the crossbow ready to fire at any target he sees.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Readied action to fire.


Male Eidolon Disconcerting Shadowy Monstrosity HP: 9/53; AC23(27 w/Mage Armor; 31 w/MA& Shield),T12,FF20; F+6,R+3,W+4/+8; Per+9; Init+2)

Morsum moves into the building with Bref. Assuming it sees the flying thing, Morsum crouches down and prepares to bite the thing should it come near.

Readied action to bite:
Attack-bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Okay. Jax, Rosa, Sir Edmin?


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:216/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Edmin enters the room the headsman's ax at the ready.
Not sure what we are facing here, can we get a picture or description?

Edmin readies himself for the thing to come in range for his attack.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Damage: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


No longer active

Once Edmin moves so dos Rosa, also into the room with a fire ball ready and shield in hand.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 Concentration
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 TH
1d6 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6 DMG Fire


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

'Bref the dark Cavalry is here!'

-

Cуровую will see what attacks from her allies harm the creature, based on that she will either use

In this order

Crossbow 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Damage 1d8 ⇒ 8

OR

Daze the creature DC 15, because of spell focus, will continue to do this if effective.

OR

Force Missile 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Cуровую will delay atacks to try and disrupt the warden's spell casting with Force Missle if the Warden is encountered and insist he is taken alive. I have five Force Missiles remaining.


The light is dim, and it's hard to get a good look at the thing. It's partly or mostly transparent, and parts of it seem to be in constant motion. It's small -- no bigger than a dog. There's an elongated body that seems to hover between two blurs that might be wings. There are glowing things that might be eyes. Think of a dragonfly made of mist and vapor and you might be close.

It makes a sound, a faint fast rushing like wind across stone.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

I have dark vision, can I make a knowledge roll?


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:216/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

"Someone tell me what the hells that is, and how do we kill it?"


"At least we are out of the anti-magic field," says Zimu. She raises one hand and gestures.

Force missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 The thing suddenly shudders, and its substance seems to ripple.

"Whatever it is, it can be hurt!"


Whoops, didn't realize you were around. Hope you don't mind me botting you!


Bref, the door gave you concealment, allowing you to use Stealth. That's fine -- but since this thing is 10 feet up (it's hovering in the air over the table) you can't hit it without a thrown or missile weapon. Alternately, you can ready an action in case it passes you again.

Zimu, you have no idea what that thing is.


Whoops, wait a moment. Didn't realize Zimu had posted her rolls already. Crossbow first, eh? Okay, the crossbow bolt hits it -- a difficult shot, the way it jerks around, but you get it square between the "eyes".

It doesn't like that.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Yes. Since I figured a move to stealth and a move to get out, I was waiting till next turn. This time I will ready an attack, and will move to stand next to Rosa and Cy, assuming they are near each other. If I have to pick one then I pick Cy. Assuming that it will attack them.

readied Bite 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 1 = 24 for 1d4 + 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (4) + (3) - 1 = 6


Rosa's fire dart strikes the creature a moment later, disrupting its strange substance still further. It becomes quite agitated.

Thing has taken 14 damage. If nobody else has ranged attacks, I'll say that it will attack one of you at the beginning of next round. Sir Edmin, Morsum, the Judge and Bref have readied actions and may get attacks if it passes close enough. I'll bot Jax and say he's pulled out his cleaver-sword and is doing the same.


The Thing suddenly flies directly towards Zimu -- perhaps because she hurt it the most, or perhaps at random. It flies overhead, out of reach of weapons, and then suddenly descends to strike.

Is anyone standing adjacent to Zimu? I'd say there's a 50% chance that either Sir Edmin or Jax is. 1d100 ⇒ 1 Wow, okay. In that case I'll say they both are.

The Thing drops on the witch like a striking hawk... and Sir Edmin is waiting. It's so fast, he thinks, I'll only get one blow -- The great axe comes round in a glittering arc.

And suddenly there is nothing but a fall of dust motes, a rush of cool air, and a sound like a wind moving away into silence.


Well, whatever it was, it had less than 30 hp! Better luck next time.


Male Dhampir Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 231/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Tohram is actually outside watching the walls for either guards or the Warden if he is able to escape from the tower. If he can see the thing, then he will fire a crossbow bolt at it.

Attack-crossbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

Edit - Ninjaed


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:216/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

With out taking a pause, Edmin spins and heads deeper into the tower looking for the warden."Move! Find that mage now, before he alerts the guards!"


1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Sir Edmin smiles to himself. What balance! Massive as a greatsword, but it swings like a quarterstaff!

"What... what was that thing?" murmurs the Judge.

"No idea. Uh -- Rosa? Some kind of demon? Zimu?"

"No." "Nor I."

Grumblejack comes up from behind. "Smashing? Was there smashing?"

"Yeah, but you missed it. Now maybe we should -- "

He is interrupted by a faint cry from outside. "Hey! What's going on down there?"


The party is all inside the Tower at this point, some in the foyer, some in the reception room (which seems to occupy the entire first floor). The only visible exit is a large staircase going up one side of the room. There is also a closet under the staircase. So your options are, go back outside, check out the closet, search the room, or go up the stairs.


Male Dhampir Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 231/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Is the cry from outside the tower? Tohram was keeping a watch as he has darkvision and low light vision.

I cast Detect Magic and scan the area for any auras.


From outside the tower -- one of the guards on the walls. Detect Magic gives you nothing.

Sir Edmin notices unconsciously that the stairs go up counterclockwise. That's how it always is -- so that right-handed attackers will be at a slight disadvantage...


Male Dhampir Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 231/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Now that we are all in the tower.

Someone want to check that closed, nothing magic, but it might hold something.

Morsum will then silently lead the way up the stairs.

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24


No longer active

If none of the party are outside Rosa will.

At the sound of the cry from outside, Rosa gos to the tower door and as unseen as she can be slowly closes it. Then move back behind the door with her back to the wall ready for some one comes to open it.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Goblin not feel so good


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

-
"My compliments Edmin, despite your brief acquaintance, you certainly know how to dance with your new friend."

"Bar the door for now unless we think we can fool the guards and lure them closer to us."

She looks at the stairs and her eyes follow them up the tower while deftly re arming her crossbow.

"There will be time for the cabinet later, I am sure the Warden will be happy to give us a guided tour. Shall we pay the Warden a visit and ask him just what his former butler was?"

Cуровую will wait for Morsum or Bref but will be the second one up the stairs.


No longer active

Good point, GM can the door be bared from this inside?, if so she will do so


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Possible plans

If we can fool the guards and get them to come closer then we should, otherwise we can bar the door to buy time, if we act fast, we should have the Warden as a hostage by the time they get through.

OR if we are feeling lucky, we do NOT bar the door, advance most of the party up the stairs, but leave Morsum and Bref in the shadows down here. When the guards come to investigate they will be met by crossbow fire from above and as they run down the shadows come alive as Morsum and Bref get to play with what's left of the guards. Only problem is if the guards sound their horn before they enter.

Possible solution, whoever has the highest Bluff can signal the guards from afar and say that the Warden's pet got lose and ask to come over to give us a hand. Distance and lighting could help us pull this off.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Bref being injured will go with whatever gives him a chance to chew on someone. He is angry and thinking even less clearly.

801 to 850 of 12,164 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Doug M's Way of the Wicked Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.