Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Doug M's Way of the Wicked (Inactive)

Game Master Douglas Muir 406

Follow the Way of the Wicked, the award-winning AP from Fire Mountain games.

The wickedness continues in Way of the Wicked Part II: The Dark Tower!


751 to 800 of 12,164 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

"We have Two Queens, a Knight, a Bishop Lord Judge, a Bishop Jester, an Ogre for a Tower, and a Shadow for a Pawn, and of course our Goblin King. It's time then to take this Game outside, and perhaps pay a visit to the watchers on the Wall, or an unwary Witless Warden."

"The dawn approaches, and with it the Game will have new pieces to have to deal with."


Male Eidolon Disconcerting Shadowy Monstrosity HP: 9/53; AC23(27 w/Mage Armor; 31 w/MA& Shield),T12,FF20; F+6,R+3,W+4/+8; Per+9; Init+2)

Morsum nods to Bref and points to the door: Lead small one.
He then turns back to stare at Rosa with his blood red eyes, unblinking and lidless.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

going to be gone for a while. Please bot away DMDM. Side note this has been awesome so far!!!


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

also obviously the deal with my setting off the trap was resolved before the cleric summoner showdown! Everyone would have seen bref oppen it


FWOOOMPH

3d8 ⇒ (1, 1, 1) = 3


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:

FWOOOMPH

3

Lucky dawg!


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP -8/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:

FWOOOMPH

3d8

And the TPK trap goes . . . sputter, pttp.


Okay, Bref is one lucky goblin. That's 3d8 of fire damage, which could have killed or severely injured him. Instead he takes one (1) point of damage!

The magical trap on the cabinet has lost most of its power over the years -- or perhaps Blackerly's peculations have affected it too. Whatever the reason, what should have been a ravening sheet of devouring flame is little more than a squib. "Yowch! Bref waves his fingers; his hands are singed a bit.

The door is unexpectedly heavy and slow to move. When it opens, the reason is immediately clear: it is lined with half an inch of lead. A sign on the inside of the door says: KEEP DOOR CLOSED AT ALL TIMES WHILE WARD IS IN OPERATION. Inside the cabinet is a large, smooth black stone with faintly glowing magical sigils on it. As soon as the door opens, all four spellcasters flinch: the faint mosquito-whine in their heads has suddenly grown to a harsh, grating snarl.


Spellcasters, the concentration check DC just jumped from 15 to 20. Also, you're all effectively deafened -- any spell with a verbal component has a 20% failure chance. You can still talk to each other, but you have to yell.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

"We have Two Queens, a Knight, a Bishop Lord Judge, a Bishop Jester, an Ogre for a Tower, and a Shadow for a Pawn, and of course our Goblin King. It's time then to take this Game outside, and perhaps pay a visit to the watchers on the Wall, or an unwary Witless Warden."

"The dawn approaches, and with it the Game will have new pieces to have to deal with."

On cue from the side where Bref was busy with himself FWOOMPH!


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP -8/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]

As soon as he feels the anti-magic.

CLOSE IT, THE WARDEN WILL SENSE THIS IN A SECOND!!!!

Once it is closed.

Grumblejack, you carry this chest. We need to get to the Warden - NOW.

With that, Morsum moves to the front door, cracks it and slinks out through the entrance moving to the left of the door first.

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

How long are we deafened? Also, does closing the chest have any effect?


No longer active

--Edited--
Rosa wincing runs over and closes the door on the stone with her club.
Dos this cut back the sound GM?

"^£&%£^* FORGET GOING TO HIM, THE WARDEN WILL KNOW NOW SOMETHING'S OFF, HE WILL BE COMING HERE FAST WITH TROOPS SO GET MOVING, WE HAVE TO BE GONE BYE THEN GET GOING OUT THE DOOR NOW"

Ok I was all for Rosa and Judge having there power play moment but as players we have to let Edmin and Jex have a say about what has just happened, pre anti-magic field event. Lack of posts in real time dos not mean lack of action in game, can we hold off until they can act. Also GM can I as again would we now of a town close to this keep?


Bref and Morsum slide out of the room and into the Great Hall. (The Judge drifts after them, not wanting to get too far from Morsum.) They carefully pull open one of the doors.

Outside is a cold, clear November night. They are looking across the grounds north to the gatehouse. Two torches burn there, casting dim illumination across the scene.

For a single spine-chilling moment the two think that someone is standing directly in front of them. But no: between the Great Hall and the gatehouse is a fountain, and in the fountain is a statue. Some minor magic is keeping the water flowing. Its faint splashing is the only sound.


No longer active

Rosa and the rest follow with all they take.
Rosa looks for a way for the pear to get up the wall?
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16per check


The walls make a rough hexagon with short (two story) towers at each corner. The Gatehouse is in the northern wall. Along the northeast wall is a long, low building: presumably this is the barracks / stables / kennel. In front of the northwest wall is an open green area with a single large tree growing in its center: the famous Execution Oak.

1d6 ⇒ 4
1d8 ⇒ 2

Bref raises his nose and sniffs. "There's a breeze... but it's blowing from the northeast. From the d, the duh, the dogs." Bref shudders. "Away, away from them. To us. That's... that's good."

Morsum makes no reply, but simply points. Bref turns. To the south and east of the building they have just left is the tall cylindrical bulk of a four-story tower; presumably the Warden's Tower. A bobbing light is just coming around the edge of it. The two villains can see, clearly illuminated against the night sky, two men walking along the parapets, holding a bullseye lantern.

The dice are with you for the moment; not only is the wind favorable, but the guards were at the best possible point on their circuit -- behind the Wizard's Tower and thus unable to make a perception check to see you. You have two options for getting up the wall to the guards: you can make a Climb check, or you can try to find stairs going up. Each of the short towers has a door at the bottom, though you can't tell whether they're locked or not. So you can try (1) the tower to the east of you (near the barracks) or (2) the tower to the west of you (across the execution field). (1) takes you near the barracks and the dogs; (2) takes you across an open field with no cover. Oh, and you can walk right up to the Gatehouse; there's probably a way up to the wall through there...


If you want the stealthy guys to do something stealthy, you may want to wait until they've done it before you come out to join them.


No longer active

So no massed troops running our way, humm we are lucky


So far!


No longer active

Narr we are clean out of here, they are slow slack we could just walk up to the gate and out GM, come on we have killed 5 the have called the alarm, and no one came, We set off the magic ward to max and nothing. Looking out side we find the place is half empty, cake walk this.

As for what Rosa dos, Edmin said his command would be

"I propose we send the scouts to clear an area that rest of us can get to the top of the wall. Then we move along the wall to the gate house. We have only seen human guards so we should be able to find them in the dark, they will need light. Scouts get us into guard house and we move though to open/circumvent the gate. Move down the line to the mainland and assault them also."

As Rosa sees him and not the Judge as there commander she will say Op1, note I'm off to bed, As the Judge the now ignoring her, she will do nothing he says only what Edmond dos. She has shown to all his after ruler-ship of the group, As the least trained in combat and any fighting skills Rosa now see him as yet another power mad Mage, and so as much a danger to them as the guards.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Cуровую will trail Bref, Morsum, who I assume will be followed by Edmin as we leave the room, and she will use hand motions to signal Jax and the others to follow if the ringing is still to intense for whispered speech. Her pale and chilled features concerned because of the possible 'alarm'.

Perception roll from last page once we leave the supply room 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Did shutting the cabinet help the ringing in the spell casters minds?


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 40/51; AC:21/16/17; Saves: +9/+11/+7; Init +5; Per +8, AP: 4/7

A jester? I guess I'm okay with that. And I'm still all for taking the Warden's head. I just figured some guard uniforms and disguise spells might get us close enough to the guards to get the drop on them rather than alarming anyone. So, Toothpick, you'd have no where to hide across that open plain...If we head to where the dogs are, toss them some meat and silence them quickly with a spell, we can complete this mad dash to the wall guards. Might be best if we approach slowly and just two of us, so they think we're replacing the guard duty?

Unless its really dark, I don't think anyone will have sufficient concealment to even roll a stealth check to cross the open ground.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Bref pulls his chef's hat down, securing it and draws his kitchen knife.

Ready Shadow Beastie?

Bref follows Morsum's lead towards the guards via the potential stairs, where he unlocks the gate

Stealth 1d20 + 14 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 14 - 1 = 29

DD 1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 11 - 1 = 19

If the first didn't do it]DD 1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 11 - 1 = 28


Lord of Darkness 5, Cavalier 1 INIT:+4, AC:21 (23w/Shield), HP:64, F:+10 R:+5 W:+6, Perception: 5

Edmin stands watching the exchange between the cleric and the judge trying to ignore it until he gets drug into it. "First, as the judge said, this is not the army. It is a group of people thrown together in a bad place at a bad time and frankly, a few of you are bat s*!~e crazy. Second, our cleric has a point also, this is not your court room judge try not to act like it is. Third, if you want me to lead I will, but I expect input when asked and devotion at all times.
Even in the army when you throw a squad together you give them time to learn to work together. We do not have that luxury, we have to work together or die, it is that simple. Every second we spend fighting with each other is one second closer to our deaths.
We don't have to like each other but we do have to work together. So both of you, pull your heads out of your arses or you will get us all killed"

Edmin moves away from the others walking towards the main hall, as he shakes his head.


No longer active

Rosa says nothing but after a respectfull time, heads out joining Sir Edmin and Cуровую from this pont on she will not follow a single edicit or commad the judge gives, to her Edmin has just shown why hes should be in comand, brutaly and to the point. This she understand and respects, this is how it should be.


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP -8/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]

Quietly: No alerts yet. Lets all move out and get this door closed. If it is open, the light will undoubtedly be seen by the guards on the wall.

Tohram moves out as quietly as he can and finds a place with as much shadow as possible.

If we can tell what direction the guards are circling, we will all move around the keep the opposite direction to keep the between us and them.


Male Eidolon Disconcerting Shadowy Monstrosity HP: 9/53; AC23(27 w/Mage Armor; 31 w/MA& Shield),T12,FF20; F+6,R+3,W+4/+8; Per+9; Init+2)

Morsum looks at Edmin before he leaves, he then sticks out a red clawed hand.

Meat with different stuff for dogs.

Assuming that Edmin gives him some and now knowing that Bref has a slight aversion to dogs, he will stealthily move over by the dog pen and give them a midnight treat. Assuming the meat will keep them occupied, and if the different stuff does anything, that is just a bonus.

Stealth:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

He will then move along the wall to regroup with Toothpick away from the dogs.


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 40/51; AC:21/16/17; Saves: +9/+11/+7; Init +5; Per +8, AP: 4/7

Jax, as usual, just sticks close to the others. He'll keep his eyes on the wall and on the lookout for any guards. 1d20 ⇒ 7

We leaving Grumblejack here? He kills any hope of getting surprise on the guards.


Lord of Darkness 5, Cavalier 1 INIT:+4, AC:21 (23w/Shield), HP:64, F:+10 R:+5 W:+6, Perception: 5

Edmin hands the shadow the meat he took from the kitchen, then turns to Jax. "Yes, keep the ogre here until we gain the wall. Once we do we can bring him up."


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Good hunting, have fun storming the 'palace'.

Do we have any crossbow shots on guards from this distance?

Did shutting the cabinet help the ringing in the spell casters minds?


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP -8/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]

My understanding was that it was an overwhelming magical force. Not so much a loud noise - Bref probably disabled the loud alarm part of the trap.

I also am interested in whether the anti-magic went back to normal once the box was closed.

As loudly as needs be to be heard over the ringing:
We need to watch for the Warden coming from the opposite direction taken by the scouts. Don't want him to get to the Gatehouse.

I assume that Bref and Morsum are going to the right and we will watch from the shadows on the left of the building.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Judge, you may have missed it, DM said those of us who could cast spells now had the deaf condition, that's what I am worried about.


Shutting the door stopped the ringing. The deafness goes away after a moment.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Whew! Now we definitely need to take that device with us somehow.


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP -8/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]
Cуровую зиму wrote:
Judge, you may have missed it, DM said those of us who could cast spells now had the deaf condition, that's what I am worried about.

Yeh - I read that initially, but was more worried about the DC20 SR check to overcome the magic. We missed a ton with just a DC15.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Yep that too!


Okay, just want to be sure I understand what's going on. Morsum is going over to give meat "with different stuff" to the dogs; Bref is hanging back. Then Bref and Morsum will slip over to the right-hand (eastern) tower, by the barracks, looking for a way up the wall.

The rest of the party is coming outside and moving around the main building, keeping opposite from the guards on the wall so they won't be seen. Is that right?


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 40/51; AC:21/16/17; Saves: +9/+11/+7; Init +5; Per +8, AP: 4/7

That's how I understood it as well


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP -8/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]

Yup, I think that is the goal. Try to keep the building between us and the guards, but I do not want the Warden, if he woke up, to be able to get from the Tower to the Gatehouse. Since there are presumptively two sides to the keep, I figure that Morsum and Bref will watch one side and the rest will stay near the door.

One hitch in this is that I need to stay within 100 feet of Morsum or Shadow Beastie will be not be as strong. How far are the distances we are talking about? Are the dog pens within 100 feet? How about the towers?


1d100 ⇒ 12
1d20 ⇒ 8

Morsum oozes around the corner of the building. On the east side of the building, between it and the wall, is what looks like a large garden for growing vegetables and herbs. Morsum pads past the north end of the garden to the dog compound, which is up against the wall -- half a dozen kennels behind a wooden fence.

Morsum opens the "different" bottle and pours its contents over the bundle of meat. Then he flicks the meat over the fence. With the breeze coming towards him, the sleepy dogs are slow to catch his scent. Then one dog barks, and then another. A dog trots out of a kennel, whines... and then scents the meat. It immediately begins ripping at it. The other dogs rush out, barking, and fall upon it as well. In a few moments the compound is a mass of barking, struggling dogs.

ARF ARF ARF RRARR YIPE! ARF ARF ARF

Bref, watching from a little behind, flattens himself against the ground, ears folded back like a cat's. A voice comes from the nearby barracks: "Shut up out there or I'll beat the hides off you!"

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31


The bobbing light of the guard's lantern begins to move more quickly.

If the walls are a clock face, then the Gatehouse is at 12, the Warden's tower is at 6, the barracks is at 2 and the kennels at 3. The guards are at 11:30, just coming over the top of the Gatehouse.

A light comes on in a window in the top floor of the Warden's Tower.


Branderscar Prison is a rough hexagon about 250 feet across. So a 100 foot radius covers about half of it. From the Judge's current location on the northeast corner of the main building, that includes the Gatehouse, Barracks, dog kennel and Warden's Tower.

The spellcasters notice that the faint background buzzing in their heads has died away to nothing.


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 40/51; AC:21/16/17; Saves: +9/+11/+7; Init +5; Per +8, AP: 4/7

Jax points to the Warden's tower. It awakes. The guard are behind at the gatehouse now, if we make a dash to the Warden's Tower, they won't see a thing. We should go and get inside while we have the chance, who knows if Toothpick and your little shadow pet will be able to succeed without raising an alarm.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Cуровую already begins to move, her pale skin and lithe frame covered in a guard's tunic.

"Then let us make haste, and let even the North Wind envy our speed!"

"If we take the Warden ALIVE, as a hostage we may very well have the winning Game piece." She makes sure EVERYONE around her hears that.


So, running straight for the Warden's Tower? No more stealth?


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP -8/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]

I think that the non-stealthy group is going around away from the dogs. With the noise, I assume the guards will be focusing there.

Tohram attempts to stay in the shadows at the front of the building knowing that Morsum is close to the maximum safe distance. He finds a corner or crevice in the structure and waits there.

Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
____________
Having provided the hounds with a meal, and gotten a much louder response than expected, Morsum heads back to the keep to rejoin Bref, staying in the shadows as best he can.

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31


Going away from the dogs means either going around the tower clockwise (which takes you in front of the kennels briefly but then takes you away) or counterclockwise (which takes you straight away from the dogs but in sight of the guards on the wall). Since the wind is towards you and the dogs are distracted, I assume you mean clockwise.

So, trying to be stealthy, but heading for the Warden's Tower?


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 40/51; AC:21/16/17; Saves: +9/+11/+7; Init +5; Per +8, AP: 4/7

I assumed we were heading around the side where the dogs were, yes. Stealth-->1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 Jax will move to the Warden's tower with his crossbow and attempt to open the door once the others are with him.


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP -8/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]

I want to get to the tower as quickly as possible before the Warden has a chance to wake up, get dressed and exit the tower. Whatever will get us there fastest.

751 to 800 of 12,164 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Doug M's Way of the Wicked Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.