Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Doug M's Way of the Wicked (Inactive)

Game Master Douglas Muir 406

Follow the Way of the Wicked, the award-winning AP from Fire Mountain games.

The wickedness continues in Way of the Wicked Part II: The Dark Tower!


551 to 600 of 12,164 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Lord of Darkness 5, Cavalier 1 INIT:+4, AC:21 (23w/Shield), HP:64, F:+10 R:+5 W:+6, Perception: 5

Edmin nods at the judge as he continues to eat the meat pie. Yes, I agree with you lets finish up and start getting out of here. Strangely enough we still have the element of suprise, but in a few hours, we will not have darkness to cover our escape."Edmin looks for anything at all to drink then heads to the door leading to the hall way.


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP -8/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]

Once everyone has finished consuming the food (I assume the goblin vs. ogre eating competition will not move onto the dead cook) in the kitchen, Morsum moves with Toothpick to the next door while everyone else waits next to the door for support if necessary. He then opens the door and proceeds in. The door nearest the stairway if there are more than one.

Morsum:
Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Lord of Darkness 5, Cavalier 1 INIT:+4, AC:21 (23w/Shield), HP:64, F:+10 R:+5 W:+6, Perception: 5

Quick Backtrack.
Before leaving the kitchen, Edmin will look for a large carrot and large peice of raw meat to put in a pouch.


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP -8/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]

Ah, right you are. I believe the guard mentioned dogs at some point and that the Warden's horse is in the stable.


Point of clarification. You are currently in the East Wing, which seems to consist of just three rooms (kitchen, mess, barracks), all of which you've explored. At this point, you know of four directions you can go. (1) Back up the chimney, to see what (if anything) is above the guard room. (2) Out the main door at the end of the Great Hall. (3) Through the first (more southerly) door off the west side of Great Hall. (4) Through the other (more northerly) door off the Great Hall. 3 and 4 presumably go into the West Wing. Morsum, it sounds like you're going through 3, am I right?


Bref, if nobody steps in to stop the eating contest, then your options are "stop when I'm full" or "I don't care how big he is, this guy's not beating me." If the latter, I'll need to see a Fort save.


Lord of Darkness 5, Cavalier 1 INIT:+4, AC:21 (23w/Shield), HP:64, F:+10 R:+5 W:+6, Perception: 5
Judge wrote:
Ah, right you are. I believe the guard mentioned dogs at some point and that the Warden's horse is in the stable.

Yes, maybe I can use the horse as a mount and we can distract/befriend the hounds.

Yes 3 sounds like the one I am thinking of closest to the stairs we came down.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Bref takes a knife that works for him. Then gorges. Defeating the ogre! At least after he vomits then continues eating.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

when it is time to go. Bref puts on his chef hat, carring a knife in one hand and rolling pin in the other.


1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Bref makes a spectacular effort. However, in the end sheer volume prevails.

Spoiler:
BLAAARRRRGGH

the rest of the party recoils in revulsion as Bref, well, loses the contest. Although not before cramming something like a fifth of his body weight into his mouth.

"Ho, ho! Nice try, little-littl'un." Grumblejack celebrates his victory with a colossal, earth-shaking belch.

"huck... uhh... only 'cause I'm so... tired," Bref gasps, coughing and spitting, "tomorrow... best two... out of three..."

Bref will be sickened for the next 1d6 ⇒ 6 minutes. (I should have the rest of you make rolls against nausea too, but this is hard enough already.)


No longer active

As soon as the last guards falls Rosa lest the other loot what they can, she all ready knows what she needs. Three guard uniforms taking them she takes time to check there size and condition before placing each in the each in the Sack they have. To the sound of munching form the Kitchen, she walks over to the chests and upends each tapping the bottoms and side once for a hollow sound. Seeing the wax papers form the cookies she takes that and the letters, plus some bed clothing, she walking with purpose she heads into the Kitchen and soon finds some meat grease and dollops a large bulb into the wax paper, then ties it off with some roasting twine. She then throws this to Judge.

"You will need this later"

Not even stopping she moves on looking for cooking oil and flower, as she walk past one of the knifes she takes it. no more biting my hands for pull blood She then spots the spices that Jex is sorting, she heads over,

"Any Chilly powder? Take it I may need it later"

Sje looks for a flask and then takes some food and water, Drinking and eating wordlessly she looks around the room, seeking any door to a cold cellar.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

lol

Bref belches Gather much food!

[ooc]sick for1d6 ⇒ 4


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

muahahahaha who has 2 attacks now, is covered in blood and smells like vomit?


Male Eidolon Disconcerting Shadowy Monstrosity HP: 9/53; AC23(27 w/Mage Armor; 31 w/MA& Shield),T12,FF20; F+6,R+3,W+4/+8; Per+9; Init+2)

Once the feeding/vomit frenzy is finished, Morsum heads to the south door on the west side (option 3).

Perception(17) and Stealth(30) are rolled above. After listening at the door, Morsum will silently open it and peer within.


Lord of Darkness 5, Cavalier 1 INIT:+4, AC:21 (23w/Shield), HP:64, F:+10 R:+5 W:+6, Perception: 5

Edmin stands at the other side of the hall waiting for an all clear or the sound of battle before moving forward.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Catching up in game.

Cуровую will try to find poultry, fruit and vegetables for her meal, although she will make do with what is available. She will eat slowly but chew her food thoroughly, mentally preparing herself for what is to come.

Cуровую will try to take some of the more manageable food for later, the iron rations if need be.

If there are knives left, she will use her Appraise skill to find two that will have some use if thrown.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Bref is too busy eating, puking and gathering to go with Morsum. But by the time everyone is ready he is ready to move...hopefully not sick.

Kill Blackerly now?


No longer active

Waiting on GM before Rosa moves out


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Judge Tohram Quasangi wrote:
Ah, right you are. I believe the guard mentioned dogs at some point and that the Warden's horse is in the stable.

Then let's double up on those carrots and meat.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

The Goblin hatred for Dogs, is going to come into play...Bref will insist on killing them if he knows about them. I think we got lucky he let the summoned one work for him.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

-
Cуровую will gather the two signal horns, she hands one to Edmin saying it may be of use later, even as a diversion or to set up an ambush when the advantage is ours. She holds out the other, looks at the Gob, thinks better of it and keeps the second horn.

"Did we find any more keys?

She will take a position in the group a few paces behind Edmin and will keep pace, being as quiet as she can.


Cуровую items taken:

Spoiler:
Two knives suitable for throwing
Two shares of transportable food (from the 38+ available)
Water
Flour
Signal horn

Message between her and the Gob


Lord of Darkness 5, Cavalier 1 INIT:+4, AC:21 (23w/Shield), HP:64, F:+10 R:+5 W:+6, Perception: 5

Edmin smiles at Cуровую and takes the signal horn. "Great idea. Thank you my lady."


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP -8/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]
Bref wrote:
The Goblin hatred for Dogs, is going to come into play...Bref will insist on killing them if he knows about them. I think we got lucky he let the summoned one work for him.

I thought I was rather creative summoning a stool for you to stand on. How was the Judge to know that you had a rather serious aversion to dogs. Especially nice partially mutated by shadows dogs.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

It was super creative. It is hard to know what a critter as insane as Bref will do. Though I did not know he was insane when I rolled him up.


Someone (presumably Bref) must unlock that door before Morsum can go through it.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

DM question please

I had asked a day ago and another time above, did we find more keys? How do the guards get around all the locked door? They would need some keys, at least for the doors to do their job, right?


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

assuming no keys

1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 11 - 1 = 11 he will wait till he feels better.

1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 11 - 1 = 17


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Keys would allow us the advantage of being able to lock doors behind us as well.


The guards in the room had keys to their chests. You've found no other keys so far.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Do we have an idea how they get through all the locked doors? I'm just trying to figure out how they manage to freely move about.

Because if doors magically open at the touch of a guard, I can see Bref sawing off a couple for use as a sort of sickly skeleton key.


Well, if we wait until Bref is no longer sick, that's long enough to make a Something Happens check.

1d100 ⇒ 33

Not yet. -- Rosa, there have only been two locked doors (besides the ones to your cells): the grating at the top of the stairwell, and the current Door #3.


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP -8/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]

If #3 is locked, then lets try #4, the northwest door.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 11 - 1 = 22 unlocked


It's a simple lock (DC 20), so it's not hard for Bref to open once he stops retching. However...

1d20 ⇒ 5

There is a simple trap on the door: when you open it, a loud bell rings.

DING DING.


This is someone's office. It's a plain affair -- just a desk, a couple of cabinets, and three chairs. The desk is covered with papers. There is nobody here at the moment.

You are standing in the eastern door, which opens onto the Great Hall. Doors exit to the north and to the west, both shut.


Lord of Darkness 5, Cavalier 1 INIT:+4, AC:21 (23w/Shield), HP:64, F:+10 R:+5 W:+6, Perception: 5

Edmin frowns at the sound of the bell, and motions the others in, "I will watch the doors, someone search the desk and cabinets."


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Bref destroys the trap and then hides next to the door.

1d20 + 14 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 14 - 1 = 21


Several tense moments stretch out.

1d100 ⇒ 62

Nothing happens. Either nobody heard the bell, or they're being very quiet.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Bref remains.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

We should at least make the best of a bad situation.

Searching the room.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Someone please cast Detect Magic


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP -8/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]

The Judge steps back out into the main hallway, then calls to the others in the room: Someone should keep an eye on that other door off of the main hall. If the bell alerted someone, we do not want that someone to circle behind us and escape out of the building through the main doors. This is a prison, I would be surprised if there were many other exits.

While standing in the doorway, the Judge uses his ability to sense magical auras to see if there is anything noteworthy in the room.

Cast Detect Magic: Anit-Magic Check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

He then scans the office for magical auras.


Nothing in the office detects as magic.

The Judge crosses over to the desk. Morsum, watch the door to the west. He still finds it strange that he can actually communicate thoughts to the shadow... and receive them: Yes, Master. It makes sense if Morsum is part of him, of course. But if it's part of him, why is it so... different?

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

He circles around the desk and seats himself in the chair. Although it's a far cry from the dark wood and leather of his old office, the gesture is instantly familiar. He did not expect to be doing this again.

The Judge begins carefully sifting through the papers on the desk. Correspondence, documents, files... this may take a little time.

Rosa has opened one cabinet. On the top shelf are files and papers. On the bottom shelf is a large parchment, folded in quarters. She pulls it out and unfolds it. It is a map of Branderscar Prison.


No longer active

Thanks GM got it now,

Nin-jed by the GM post Edited -

Once in the office she will say cooly

"We best move now, if any one heard that, they will be aware of us, they know we where in here, soon as they see the doors still clossed they will have us trapped in this wing like rats in a trap, so we best, move and give them no time to think."

Rosa wile takes out the map (if she dos find it) and lays it out for all to see on the desk.

GM do you have a link to the Map?


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
Cуровую has opened one cabinet. On the top shelf are files and papers. On the bottom shelf is a large parchment, folded in quarters. She pulls it out and unfolds it. It is a map of Branderscar Prison.

!!! Cуровую actually forgets herself for a moment and allows a brief smile to grace her face.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Rosa I believe DM DM meant Cуровую found the map (I could have misunderstood) which is alright, I will share the contents with the group, Bref will actually hear her expend a deep sigh of relief.


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP -8/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]

Since I am searching the desk:

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Who knows what we might find in here, but I doubt it will be particularly useful. Unless it is evidence of us. Perhaps we were never here.

As he says this, the Judge grins and lets out short laugh, more of a wheeze, which is about the first time any of you have seen emotion other than trying to scare the crap out of guards.

The bureaucracy never keeps particularly good records. Perhaps the only records of us is what is in here. Eventually someone will figure out who was in here and who had not already been killed, but the longer it takes to figure that out, the better.

Tohram looks over at Rosa.
You seem to like burning things. I say we burn all of this once we have check it. But not until we are ready to head for the gatehouse so as to not alert anyone outside.

The Judge then returns to quickly scanning through the evidence contained in the desk.


1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Zimu looks more carefully at the papers on the top shelf of the cabinet. They go along with the map: they are the records of the watch schedule.

The Judge is making neat stacks of paper and murmuring to himself. He looks up for a moment. "This is Blackerly's office. And... aha, yes." He pulls open a drawer. "Active files. Here you are, and here you are... and here I am. Crimes, punishment, sentences. Death sentences, for some of us... there are blank spaces waiting for the official seal of execution." He frowns thoughtfully at the messy desk. "Master Sergeant Blackerly does not seem to have employed a secretary. It may take some little time to go through this."


No longer active

Rosa looks at the Judge as he talks the as she spreads the map out, she says in that falt cool outside tone of hers.

"It was always my intent to brun this whole place down to the ground, Undertand this Judge and the rest of you, I am no commen criminal, I am here to fight a war and I intend to win it. One has to say the right things in the right way if one seeks to win a war, and this whole place as ash will say what I want the soft lords of goodness to hear"

The fact of things said she then looks back at the map, placeing map placing its form in her mind for safe keeping.

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 int


A cursory glance at the map shows that obstacles still remain to your escape.

The Warden's Tower is behind (south of) the main building, which is where you are. The main gate and the Gate House are to the north. To reach it, you simply walk out the front door, cross about 60 feet of the Grounds, and go out the gate. Simple... except that there are two guards on the walls all night, watching the Grounds; two more guards in the Gatehouse; and two more guards still again at the Checkpoint. (Those are just the guards on duty; there may be more.) Also, your stroll across the Grounds will take you directly past the Barracks and the adjacent dog kennel.


Male Dhampir Summoner/6 [HP -8/47; AC18,T12,FF16; F+2,R+4,W+6; Per+8; Init +4]

Tohram looks up at the pale woman: Are you prepared to fight a war? Do you have the resources to start a war? We have been given a boon by an unknown benefactor, do you know that this is that he, or she, wishes? If we light this afire, we may have a whole garrison from the local town searching for us within hours, if not minutes. I do not know how far this mansion we are to seek out. I do not know if we have the ability to hide for a day or two in the moors.

Mind you, I have been a devoted follower of Wylgart, Hells Judge, for many years and obviously pay homage to the Dark Prince himself, but I do not think that starting a war in their name when we are only six ill equipped ex-prisoners is a wise idea. Burning vital evidence I do not mind. Burning this whole place to me seems like an act of passion which will not in any way benefit us, or your war.

The Judge then returns to scouring the desk for a record of the guards, guard switches, and any passwords that are used by the guards. <-- hopefully that natural 20 on the roll will help.


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 40/51; AC:21/16/17; Saves: +9/+11/+7; Init +5; Per +8, AP: 4/7

Paper? Parchment? Pens?! Oh my this is a treasury.

Jax laughs and glances at Cimu. "You said you could make yourself look like the Warden, hm? Well..how about we make up some prisoner transfer paperwork?

Jax is going to go to work next to the Judge. He'll hunt for some examples of Blackerly's signature and the Warden if possible. He'll forge some paperwork to look like Blackerly (or the Warden if possible) has signed paperwork to move the prisoners due to the weakening of the anti-magic wards. He'll also forge some paperwork to look like requisitions for supplies to update and repair the anti-magic ward.

Do we know of anywhere that they might move prisoners to? Judge, you were did similar work for so long. Where might they move us to in case Brandenscar become inappropriate? Would the weakening of the anti-magic shields be sufficient reason? If not can you think of another reason?

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13<--Int check to see if Jax knows of any reason that makes sense to move prisoners.

551 to 600 of 12,164 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Doug M's Way of the Wicked Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.