Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Doug M's Way of the Wicked (Inactive)

Game Master Douglas Muir 406

Follow the Way of the Wicked, the award-winning AP from Fire Mountain games.

The wickedness continues in Way of the Wicked Part II: The Dark Tower!


1 to 50 of 12,164 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

You have been convicted of a heinous crime and thrown into Branderscar prison, on a small island just offshore from the mainland of Talingarde.

You were brought here in a closed carriage, chained and hooded. You know that a stone causeway connects the island to the mainland and that your cell is on an upper floor. Otherwise, you have seen nothing.

Each of you received the same greeting when you arrived: you were held down by rough hands and branded upon the arm with a runic F. The mark signifies ‘forsaken’ and the painful scar is indelible proof that each of you has betrayed the great and eternal love of Mitra and his chosen mortal vassals.

Condemned, you face at best a life of shackles and servitude in the nearby salt mines. Others might await the ministrations of the inquisitors so that co-conspirators may be revealed and confessions extracted. Perhaps some of you will be spared this ordeal. Perhaps instead you have come to Branderscar to face the final judgment. In three days, the executioner arrives and the axe falls or the pyre will be lit. Through fire or steel, your crimes will be answered.

You have all been chained together in the same communal cell dressed in nothing but filthy, tattered rags. Manhandled and mistreated, any finery you once possessed is either ruined or long lost. No special treatment has been given any prisoner – male or female, commoner or noble – all of the forsaken are bound and imprisoned together.

Your feet are secured by iron cuffs tethered by one long chain. Your arms are secured to the wall above by manacles. A guard is posted
right outside the cell day and night.

Little thought is given to long term accommodations. At Branderscar, justice comes swift and sure.

This is a placeholder so that you can dot.


No longer active

Rosa stood in a small cell, days she had spend her standing still and looking at the face of what ever guard was sent to check on her, she had not moved once.

guard 1
"Shes the one, that killed all them at the cleric collage"

guard 2
"When she going to be hung"

guard 1
"No hanging for her its head off in public"

guard 2
"They say she dos not sleep, just looks at ya"

guard 1
"Thats right lad, for five days, and tonight you gets to look after her all on your lonesom, im off ta bad lad, have a good night"

footsteps away

The young guard looking in on Rosa, she had not moved at all.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Bref takes a long hard look at the guard. Staring. Every time he looks at Bref. Bref responds by licking his lips and showing his long, sharp teeth.

Going to start at the hamstring...

Every time the guard looks away Bref steals a look at the others shackled with him.

Of course Bref could escape anytime he chooses.

Escape Artist 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

He just chooses not to.

I know more than a placeholder but I am off to a PFS game and wanted to get cracking!


Edmond looks over his fellow prisoners before taking a survey of his surroundings. If he is to escape will need assistance from some of these miscreants.


Welcome to Branderscar Prison, everyone. If you want to know how long you've been here, roll 1d20... that many days. The only exception is Suruvoyu Zimu, who just got here yesterday.


Bref, some bad news. The arm-chains are too short for you. The other prisoners can sit or stand; you must stand on tiptoe. It's very difficult to sleep in this situation, so if you have been here for more than three days you will have the Fatigued condition.

Bref squirms and wiggles, but is in fact unable to escape the manacles.

Escape Artist 20 isn't high enough -- the DC on these manacles is quite a bit higher than that.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

then make that a 19

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Bref does not notice much in his fatigued state.


No longer active

ill go with what I all ready posted GM 5 days

She is with the main body of prisoners but just seems to stand there still looking at all that passes, any others who have been close to her know she has not slept in those five days. A close look will also show them that she has a Tattoo of her faith on her body.

If you wish to talk to her feel free


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169+16; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

Dice rolls:

Perception to look around the jail cell: 1d20 ⇒ 13

A peculiarly cheerful although off-tune song floats from Jax's lips, changing in and out from day to day over his three day span in the prison. "On a Monday I was arrested, on a Tuesday I was tried..Judge found me guilty and I hunt my head and cried. "Judge, what'll be my fine?" Says, "A pick and a shovel way down in Mitra's salt mine."

The tiefling looks around the cell, analyzing the cuffs on his wrists and legs and the rock around them, looking for weak spots or anything of interest. If spoken to, he's generally amused and upbeat about the whole ordeal.

Jax looks toward the guard and calls out. "Goblins and demons and monsters oh my. Did they reserve this month's branding quota for the creepy crawlies? You've got your work in for you tonight, boy. How about some water for the dapper gentleman in the rags?"

He'll also look around himself at his ragged and fairly disturbing chain-mates. "Any of you fine fellows applying to a lifetime of employment at the nearby salt mines, or are you all waiting for a pleasant bonfire cookout or ah..a bit of bloodletting in the future?"


Bref:

Spoiler:
The guards enjoyed making fun of you until you bit a chunk out of someone's thigh. That got you a beating, but they treat you with a lot more respect now. The beating has healed by now. You have been in Branderscar for 1d20 ⇒ 7 days. That might be long enough to have gained some information about watches, the habits of the guards, and other details that require long-term observation, if you can make a decent Perception check.

Sir Edmond:

Spoiler:
You are physically the largest and most imposing of the prisoners, so the guards are careful around you -- they never get within arm's reach. You have been here for 1d20 ⇒ 1 day, meaning you just got here yesterday -- the scar on your right hand is still fresh and painful. You are at -1 hp, and until it is healed you will be at -1 to hit with any weapon.

A question: when you got branded on the hand, how did you take it? Struggle? Stoic disregard? Sneer and spit in their eye?


Rosa:

Spoiler:
What seems like apathy is actually intense thought. Make an Intelligence check, in addition to any other rolls (Perception or whatever) that you make.

Also, you have been here for 1d20 ⇒ 9 days. The brand on your hand has healed to a nasty scar. Your tiefling Fire Resistance made branding difficult. After much discussion, they brought in the Warden, who seems to be some sort of spellcaster. He used a spell to create acid, which did the job -- the "F" is ragged, but recognizable.

You've probably been here long enough to have gained some information about watches, the habits of the guards, and other details that require long-term observation, if you can make a decent Perception check.

Jax:

Spoiler:
The brand on your hand has healed to a nasty scar. Your tiefling Fire Resistance made branding difficult. After much discussion, they brought in the Warden, who seems to be some sort of spellcaster. He used a spell to create acid, which did the job -- the "F" is ragged, but recognizable.

You're already getting to know some of the inhabitants. The Warden... with a Knowledge [nobility] or [local] you might glean a tidbit about him. Meanwhile, the chief guard -- a fellow named Blackerly -- seems to have taken an interest in you. "Forgery, eh?" he said as they were holding you down for the brand. "Ni-ice. What a clever fellow you must be." After the guards locked you into your chains, Blackerly gave you a long thoughtful glance before shutting the cell door...


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169+16; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

Spoiler:
With nothing else to do but chatter to prisoners and guards, Jax attempts to strike up conversation with the guard and gather some information. He's unfortunately not trained in Know. Nobility or Local enough to garner any information about the Warden.

Jax is also going to look around for the following: Where on the guard the keys are for the jail cell, what other things are immediately outside the door to the jail cell, whether there are any piles of possibly flammable clothing or straw in the cell with them.

"Hey, Guard, what's your name? I'm going to be a salted herring in a few days and could use conversation with someone who isn't wielding a whip. Does Brandenscar employ a lot of magicians? I noticed your honorable warden has some unique ah..capabilities."


Male Dhampir Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 231/231; AC43,T36,FF22; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Days: 1d20 ⇒ 6

In the corner of the room is a tall pale skinned man. He appears to be middle aged and since he has been here, he has simply sat and watched all that has passed. In the week he has been here, he has seen several prisoners brought in and then removed, never to be seen again. He know what happens here. While he has never been to the prison, many people have been sent here over the years at his ruling.

When the guards command him to do something, he quietly complies. When asked a question, he simply nods or answers in as few words as possible.

Perception(guards): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Perception(cell): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Profession(judge): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

However, a close look reveals that he is always watching, seeing what takes place around him. Trying to listen to the guards and see if anything in the cell could be used to help.


"Silence, prisoner!" One guard raises his club threateningly.

The guards at Branderscar do not seem to be abusive, but neither are they friendly. Whenever they interact with you prisoners, they are in pairs -- no guard ever comes into your cell alone. They are definitely not interested in talking to you; presumably they have orders.

Assume the guards all start with a Hostile attitude.

Jax:

Spoiler:
Obvious stuff: there's no straw on the floor, for just this reason. It's bare stone (and damnably uncomfortable). As for keys and such... Perception check!


Judge:

Spoiler:
Over the last six days, the guards have been quite consistent in their patterns. Shifts start at 8 am, 4 pm, and midnight. At the beginning and middle of each shift -- i.e., every four hours -- a guard opens the cell and checks your status, while a second guard stands watch a pace or two behind him. The guards also make occasional random checks; on average, you seem to get one or two of these per shift.

Food is brought about an hour after the beginning of the morning and afternoon shifts -- so around 9 and 5. A guard passes in basket of hard rolls and a jug of water in; you prisoners pass it around. (The goblin grabbed three rolls once, and got a beating for it.) The guard only comes within arms reach of one prisoner, and there are three guards standing in the hall with weapons ready. One of them holds an alarm horn as well, ready to blow. Whenever the guards interact with a prisoner in any way, they are always wary and alert.

The rest of the time, the guards leave you alone and stay in a watchroom down the hall. The door to the watchroom is open, so they can hear any unusual sounds; at the same time, you can perhaps hear them talking, if you are quiet and listen carefully.


No longer active

Rosa's spends her nine days mapping calculating and observing, plans and actions come and go as she seeks weakness.
Edit
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Perception
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 int roll

Edited +

GM how is magic warded? Aniti Magic on the whole biulding Mgea high cost
Aniti magic on shakels low cost, Drugs in food or no anit magic at all etc.


Okay, great. Do you want to make that Intelligence check? Or any other rolls?

Rosa:

Spoiler:
Over the last six days, the guards have been quite consistent in their patterns. Shifts start at 8 am, 4 pm, and midnight. At the beginning and middle of each shift -- i.e., every four hours -- a guard opens the cell and checks your status, while a second guard stands watch a pace or two behind him. The guards also make occasional random checks; on average, you seem to get one or two of these per shift.

Food is brought about an hour after the beginning of the morning and afternoon shifts -- so around 9 and 5. A guard passes in basket of hard rolls and a jug of water in; you prisoners pass it around. (The goblin grabbed three rolls once, and got a beating for it.) The guard only comes within arms reach of one prisoner, and there are three guards standing in the hall with weapons ready. One of them holds an alarm horn as well, ready to blow. Whenever the guards interact with a prisoner in any way, they are always wary and alert. They show no obvious signs of weakness.

The rest of the time, the guards leave you alone and stay in a watchroom down the hall. The door to the watchroom is open, so they can hear any unusual sounds; at the same time, you can perhaps hear them talking, if you are quiet and listen carefully.

As to mapping: there is nothing to map. It's a small room -- rather crowded now, with six of you in here. Your chains are strong. The walls are solid.


Male Dhampir Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 231/231; AC43,T36,FF22; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

The tall pale quiet man continues to simply sit and watch. Noting patterns, seeing how his companions respond to the guards.

When the guards are not present, he watches his fellow prisoners trying to determine what each of the is? Why they are here? How they might react in the unlikely scenario that one or more is able to free themselves from their bonds.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


That's fine. Of course, you can also just ask them...

Judge:

Spoiler:
I'll let the characters speak for themselves... but meanwhile, I suspect the Judge would find that the devilishly handsome young man is insouciant and fearless, the seeming passivity of the tall pale woman's masks alertness and constant thought, and the goblin is a wrangly jangly little mass of frustration, hunger, and teeth.


Male Dhampir Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 231/231; AC43,T36,FF22; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

About to go to bed, so last post for me tonight.

Finally, the tall man looks over at the tiefling and quietly says.
Take care your words. These guards will not give you heed. Although if you annoy them, then undoubtedly they will make any beatings a little more painful . . . unless of course that is what you want.

Looking then around at the others.
Once you get sent to Brandenscar, your lot in life is sealed. What good deeds brought you all to this scenic island. The sarcasm in his voice is readily apparent.


Oh! Rosa, I just realized that was a natural 20. Hm.

Okay,

Rosa:
two things. First, there is another occupied room, with a prisoner or prisoners, down the hall; the guards go down there to feed him/her/them after feeding you.

Second, there is something that you can just barely sense, and cannot easily describe. It's a very faint humming or whining sound... though it's not heard so much as sensed inside your bones and skull. You have to concentrate hard to pick it up, but it's strangely unpleasant.


No longer active

For the 1st time in nine days the tall Cleric of Asmodeus talks

"Kas čia žino, Asmodeus mintis?"

Infernal:

"who here knows the blessings of Asmodeus?"

EDIT

GM:

Spend some time concentraiting on the field thats not nice to feel.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Perhaps while everyone else is asleep, since Bref can barely sleep, he will attempt to listen to guards talking.

Perception 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

When the guard threatens another prisoner Bref looks at him.

Come swing that at me meat. Last time it was dark, I prefer light meat. He clacks his teeth together.

He also spends his time looking for patterns in the guards, who reacts how to whom, anything that they talk about, anything really that he could use in an escape attempt.

Int1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Assuming he has figured out their shift schedule he will make another escape attempt, each time just long enough to perhaps get a little rest, then pop himself back in.

Escape Artist 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 10 - 1 = 23

If only I could get out long enough to stretch


Rosa:
You concentrate. 1d20 ⇒ 16 You manage to give yourself a pretty good headache. You can tell that the "field" is magic of some sort, but you don't know what it does.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

If one ever gets close enough to my mouth I will bite him.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 for 1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (3) = 4 that last 1d6 is SA


Every now and then the goblin will begin to writhe and contort himself, grimacing in frustration. Nothing ever seems to come of it, though.

When Bref clacks his teeth, the guard jumps backwards. "Mitra!

"Yeah," says his companion, "that thing took a piece out of Jolie's leg. He's still not right."

"Little monster." mutters the first guard.


The guards are alert, and are careful not to come within snapping range. The chains, and your awkward position, make it impossible for you to lunge at them by surprise.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Don't go to sleep...ever

Would that I could intimidate! I consider this a fact lol


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

So what are you in for?

Bref asks to the room, finally overcome by the boredom.


Okay, heading for bed now. Meanwhile, two things happen.

You've heard a fuss down the hall: perhaps the sounds of a struggle, or a brief muffled shriek of pain. You can all guess what it is, even if the faint scent of burning flesh didn't give it away. Down the hall is the interrogation room. Down the hall is where they brand you.

The door opens. The guard commander is there -- a stout, dark-haired man named Blackerly -- along with four guards. They bring in a new prisoner: a woman. She is chained in the last empty space, to the right of the door, next to the goblin.

This is Surovuyu Zimu, the last PC to join your little party.

Blackerly looks her over with a cool eye. "Bit of a pity," he says, "waste of good woman-flesh. Still, good riddance to bad rubbish. Well," he gestures to the guards, "fetch me that one, now. Special interrogation.

The guards seize Jax Naismith, unlock his chains, and frog-march him out of the cell. The door slams shut behind them.

In theory, you could try attacking the guards now. However, there are five of them, armed and armored, and they are all alert and wary -- you are not going to surprise them. Not only are you weaponless, but the chains restrict your movement, effectively giving you the Grappled condition. If you really want to try something, go for it -- I'm just telling you that right now, the odds don't look good.


We'll run Jax's little side adventure in parallel -- everyone else, pray go ahead and talk while he and I resolve this. (Tomorrow, since I'm going to bed now.)

Jax:
You're taken down the hall to the interrogation room, a location that holds no fond memories for you whatsoever. After the guards have chained your arms, Blackerly gestures them out of the room.

"Forgery, hey." Blackerly has his sword sheathed, but a club in his hand. He tosses it up lightly and catches it. "That's a clever man's crime. You don't catch any fool off the street forging a fine noble's documents." He tosses the club again, catches it nimbly. "Now, a clever man -- a clever man like you, my friend -- is a man who puts something away. A clever man doesn't spend all his loot." Toss, catch. "You're going to be here a little while longer, my clever friend. Wouldn't you like to be comfortable? A pillow, some decent food, maybe even a bottle of wine?"

"Or... uncomfortable. We can do that, too."Toss, catch.

There are various things you can do here: try to engage Blackerly in conversation, try to bluff him, try to attack him (probably not a good idea, but you can try), spit in his eye. If you're going to be around tomorrow during the day, we can play that out. If not, give me a post with a couple of alternatives -- "I try to bluff him and, if that doesn't work, I laugh in his face" -- and I'll resolve tomorrow morning.


No longer active

In all the time you have been in a cell with Rosa you have not seen her sleep once

Rosa's head snaps round as Blackerly words to Surovuyu Zimu, in a soft voice she says.

"If your looking for Companionship, why don't we to find a cell thats nice and out they way?"

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17 Bluff +2 if evil


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

Night bud!

Bref struggles against the chains yet again, knowing he can't beat them.

Escape Artist1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 1 = 25

I AM SO SICK OF THE CURSED CHAINS!

I don't know you. I don't care to, but I am tired of their laughing eyes. I wont be happy until I floss with the ocular nerves! Lets get out of here. Revenge will be sweet

It is not well spoken, it is rage filled, and, for Bref, shockingly not well thought out. If Bref were not so tired he would never say something so brash. The fatigue and rage are clouding his vision.


The guards look appalled, but Blackerly just grins. "I'd love to, my dear, but don't you already have a boyfriend? That nice Mr. Axe. Why, I do believe he's coming to see you soon, looking sharp and dressed to kill!" Blackerly steps out the door, then pauses in the hall, and speaks to the guards before closing the door.

"Boys, if any of you hear an offer like this from one of these here... we'll call them women... just remember. They've sold their souls to the powers of darkness. They ain't human. They'd bite your throat out as soon as look at you. And," he lowers his voice and the guards lean forward, "and, boys... they got diseases."

The door clangs shut.

Apparently you don't get to lead the guards without a rank or two in Sense Motive. And now I really am going to bed. Talk amongst yourselves! and I'll see you tomorrow.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

You would be lucky if I only bit your throat!


No longer active

Rosa pays no heed at all to the words of the lead guard She larned all she need from his reponce. He may be an olf hand at thing game but the others are not, they are weak, this infomation is filed away.

Now they are gone rosa casts Spark In some of the straw at foot, verbel only

Grappling or Pinned DC:

Concentration rolls. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 V
Concentration rolls. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 V
Concentration rolls. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 V
Concentration rolls. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 V
Concentration rolls. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 V

The only spells you can cast while grappling or pinned are those without somatic components and whose material components (if any) you have in hand. Even so, you must make a concentration check (DC 10 + the grappler's CMB + the level of the spell you're casting) or lose the spell.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Rolls:

Spoiler:
Perception (to examine the cell) = 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Perception to listen to the guards down the hall, or for other sounds outside your cell = 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Knowledge (history) = 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Knowledge (local) to locate the Judge = 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
A question: when you got branded on the hand, how did you take it? Struggle? Stoic disregard? Sneer and spit in their eye?

Funny enough before you even asked this question, as soon as you mentioned we are branded I thought of how I would handle that situation.

The prison guards leered at Cуровую, the sweaty and thugish men circled her, waiting in anticipation and eager to relish her fear and apprehension of The Brand.

Each one of the guards inched closer in hopes that they would get to touch her frost white porcelain skin. But instead of the cowering or begging they knew all to well, Cуровую strode forward and grabbed the Watch Sergeant's forearm and pulled his arm and The Brand towards her.

The smell was distinctly of melting ice, and where there should have been singed flesh was instead a small pool of water on the cracked prison stones.

The Brand itself lost all its heat and clattered to the ground, the Watch Sergeant's own arm numb with cold.

"FIEND!" the Watch Sergeant screamed, and backed away and made an awkward attempt to sign Mitra's holy sign, but failed miserably from a decade of unuse.

"Take the winter wench to the cells, and spare your selves and keep your staves in their cod pieces unless you want your blue balls to freeze right off." He said this full of bluster, yet the Watch Sergeant took a few steps back away from Cуровую as his men, keeping some distance, walked passed.

Note: Due to her Aasimar and hag ancestry, Cуровую does not gain permanent scars unless magically induced.

Spoiler:
In RL I have an exceptionally HIGH pain threshold. I have literally been thrown off stallions as a child only to insist I get back on. I think I'm the only person I know who is not afraid of dentists.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:33 (37)/FF:32/T:16, HP:211/211, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Douglas Muir 406:
Edmin will take the brand without complaint or flinching, he has had worse,but he will attempt to intimidate the one giving it.1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
He will consider the other guards "just doing their job" unless one says something snide or becomes physical with him. Those he will remember for later.


No longer active

With there attempts to brand Rosa they are greeted with her Fiendish Laughter, when they use acid she stops and looks at them with pour cold hate.

"That, was a mistake"

is all she says.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:33 (37)/FF:32/T:16, HP:211/211, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Edmin sits quietly watching an listening to the others trying to gauge their abilities and how they can be of use until the one called Blackerly talks to the others about the woman.

"Mind your tongue cur, or I will remove it for you. Prisoner or not, she still deserves to be treated as a lady."


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:33 (37)/FF:32/T:16, HP:211/211, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Intimidate:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 on the guards.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:33 (37)/FF:32/T:16, HP:211/211, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Perception: (to examine the prisoners):1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17

Perception: (to examine the guards): 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15

Perception: (to examine the cell):1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169+16; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

As the guards pull Jax away, he turns his head and winks at the others. "Oh, it looks like I'm off to play with the boys for a little bit. You all behave yourselves while I'm away, you hear? Oh, and if you do decide to bite one in the leg again, aim for an artery." He smiles jovially and comes along without complaint.

In the interrogation room, Jax will try his best to make himself comfortable. "Clever enough to even get myself stuck in Brandenscar! Do I look like the sort to spend every coin that comes my way? Of course not! A proper man of society has investments. Now, if only I knew which of those investments hadn't yet been discovered perhaps we could make a bit of an arrangement..hmn? There's no reason we can't be friends, Sir Blackerly, you seem like quite the sophisticated fellow."

Spoiler:

Bluff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Perception to look for keys 1d20 ⇒ 1
Attempt to make friendly with Diplomacy 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Ouch, not very friendly.
I'll be around on/off for a good part of the day until mid afternoon.


No longer active

"My lord Asmodeus what have you given me to work with in this bit. I know your hand has shaped their fate and placed them here for your fell deeds to unfold, my task is to do as you will and bring down hell about the ones who placed us here."

Rosa takes a long hard look at the others, with their drab jail rags on its hard to tell what they me have been before. Rosa is not fazed by the place, she has spent more than one life time in the pits of hell and this is nothing to the pain and suffering inflicted there.

"The one sitting at the back he knows well to keep his head down and eyes open, he has the feel of one of the chosen, The human looks like he can fight but is that bride matched with actions, the Little one, now he been seeking to get out of his chains the whole time I have been looking, there is power in that little body, and an Angelic blood, but I can see she if fallen, The other Tiefling I know not but what he dos is an act, he seeks a way out like we all. do."

She then says in Infernal

"Če razumete, kaj sem rekel tako, pravi, tako da lahko govorimo"

what she says in Infernal:

"if you understand what I am saying says so, so we may talk"


Jax:
A natural 1 on Diplomacy?

"Don't try to sweet-talk me, my lad!" 1d20 ⇒ 14

The sergeant scowls. His Sense Motive roll wasn't quite high enough to beat your rather good Bluff. So:

The sergeant lightly taps you on the side of the head with the club. "If you really have 'investments', you'd know exactly where they were. So -- start talking!"[/b]

The sergeant has put some ranks in Intimidate. All the ranks he can, actually. With time and careful use of the club, can he make you talk? 1d20 ⇒ 15 Yes... yes, he can.


Male Dhampir Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 231/231; AC43,T36,FF22; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Tohram continues to look around the room, at the pale skinned formerly silent woman's inquiry the tall stoic man very quietly responds:

Būkite atsargūs, šviesiai vaikas, jie gali būti vaikai Mitra, tačiau jie nėra kvaili.

Infernal:

Be careful pale child, they may be children of Mitra, but they are not stupid.

Tohram then looks at the others. I am here because I became lax in my ways. I sought to use my position to extort more than I should. I was foolish. I shall never again make that mistake again.

When he sees the others attempting to gauge the routine of the guards, once again he quietly speaks.
The guards change every eight hours, once in the morning, once mid-afternoon, and once in the middle of the night. They also check us once in between. We get food shortly after the daytime changing of the guards. Also, from the sound of things when the small one is not making noise, I would say that the guards leave the door to whatever room they sit in open, likely to listen to us. If we are to communicate, we must be quiet, or we shall be overheard.

_______________

DM DM:

When Tohram was brought in, he stoically accepted the brand, although he did grimace. He knew it was coming and was prepared, however despite the undead taint in his blood, he still feels pain. He did carefully stow away the face of the one doing the branding so that if the chance should rear its ugly head, he would allow the brander to feel the pain of the brand, magnified manyfold.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:33 (37)/FF:32/T:16, HP:211/211, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Al'Roth raises an eyebrow as the albino woman speaks in a strange language then shakes his head before speaking quietly. Assuming the guards are out of range.
"I do not speak that language my lady. I am Edmin Al'Roth and have an appointment with the headsman that I do not intend to make."


Rosa, there is no straw to cast Spark on. It's a bare stone floor -- not very comfortable. However, given a little time you can probably make some kindling from a scrap of your ragged clothing, some plucked hairs from your head, or some such.

Rosa:
You concentrate on the tiny spell.1d20 ⇒ 17 The faint background hum suddenly grows to a something like a sharp whine, almost a shriek. You have a distinct sense of pushing against something massive. The sensation is unpleasant, almost painful. You grit your teeth.

The pale woman has gathered a small handful of scraps. She stares at it intently for several moments, speaks three words, winces, then speaks two more.

The scraps burst into flame. There's not enough flammable material in the cell to feed the little fire, so it burns for perhaps half a minute and then goes out.


M DEAD!! KILLED BY EVIL EVIL DMDM!! Rogue1/Barb (Feral)1 temp hp 14/17 and 9 con (HP 24/25+4 when Raging; AC21/17/15(-2 Raging) ; CMD 16 (18 Rage) Fort +4(6); Ref +8; Will +1( 3); Init +6; Perception +5/6 for Traps; Darkvision

missed the question about how I reacted to branding. I tried to bite them obviously

Draconic:li yth re shio renthisjir lyrik xanalrei svanoa zahae nomeno ir?:

Since we are all speaking other languages how about this one?

1 to 50 of 12,164 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Doug M's Way of the Wicked Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.