Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DougFungus' Rise of the RuneLords (Inactive)

Game Master DougFungus


301 to 350 of 1,702 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

21/21HP

She moves forward watching the pair move back into the building to defeat the rats. She sucks lightly at her scarf wrapped around her neck and whispers in the Warrioresses' ear.

Nicea (& Doug):
"Errr...Do you think he will be alright? Not that I am questioning his competence, no he proved that yesterday." she says breathlessly. "But he...I heard she was a bit of a delinquent. Not that I am one to gossip!"

She sounds really distraught at this thought, "People always speak ill of me just cause of my attire. I just don't want him to be robbed or anything!"

Sovereign Court

Human Ftr 2/Barb 1; Init +3; Perception +6; HP 33/33

Nicea bends to whisper to Zara.

Zara:
"You don't think he can hold his own against a town girl? I bet he holds it against her just fine."

She smirks and shrugs. "He'll be fine. Let's go to the temple to get our reward. Er, assignment."


21/21HP

Nicea:
Zara's eyes widen as she comprehends the words; "Oh you mean his..." She blushes and sucks softly on the material. "Is it...." she asks suddenly looking younger than her figure indicates.

"Never mind." Zara bounces onward, "Yes, some others around the town might need our help."

A random thought pops into her head; "Does leather need oiling?"

Sovereign Court

Human Ftr 2/Barb 1; Init +3; Perception +6; HP 33/33

"It's always good to rub things down with oil if they've seen rough use."


21/21HP

"Thanks, I'll bow to your greater experience. If you want to give me pointers, I'd be grateful." Zara replies lightly.

Sovereign Court

Human Ftr 2/Barb 1; Init +3; Perception +6; HP 33/33

"Always happy to help. Next time we work up a sweat, I'll show you how to take care of your things."

The Exchange

Female Elf Rogue 2

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Samara keeps her hands folded together as she watches the others interacting with one another, before her eyes fall upon Shayliss, and she tilts her head slightly with curiosity.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Monk Emp Hand/2 Acrobat/1 | HP 25/25

Davben walks along with the others, moving to walk along side Damieka. He's still not all together happy having to deal with these loose ends as far as he was concerned balance was restored and his job was done.

He watches Nicea confidently leading and smiles a bit, she was an interesting one. When Damieka mentions his name he looks towards her then when she's done talking with Zara he speaks up "It is good that you told me friend Damieka, the more I know about you, the better chance I have helping you to achieve your balance." That was possibly Davben's strange way of telling her he enjoyed their talk.

On arriving at the fortune teller's house he wonders briefly if she could advise on how to attain a perfect balance. His eyes move to Shayliss as she comes out and starts talking with Silva, the woman seems unbalanced she talked about rats, but perhaps there was more to it than that. He keeps watch on Shayliss for a bit trying to decide if there's more than meets the eye here.

knowledge(local): 1d20 ⇒ 3
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Female Half-Elf 3 / HP 26 / 20 arrows left / 13 climb chk

Damieka smiles at Davben, "We will talk more later then but this time you will need to speak more." She teased happily. It had been some time since she had been able to joke around so openly.

She chuckles under her breath at the others for they seemed to be becoming a part of something more as well and they all felt more like family already but that fun was joined by a woman who asked Silva to help her with rats.

The ranger waited it out, watching and wondering what was really going on.

Knowledge local: 1d20 ⇒ 5
Sense motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21


21/21HP

Zara looks back over her shoulder at the trio of Samara, Davben & Damieka; "Please come on, I am sure Silva can fulfil Shayless' requirements. We need to get on to the temple, there might be more problems."

The pair enter the open square, so different to yesterday where it started of full of festivities. Zara's face drops at the thought.

Sovereign Court

Human Ftr 2/Barb 1; Init +3; Perception +6; HP 33/33

Nicea, oblivious to the sad vibes of the lost festival, strides through the square to the temple without delay, assuming the others will follow - except for Silva the Rat Killer. She looks around for the priest and the man who interrupted their breakfast.


Father Zantus and Sheriff Hemlock make their way out to greet you.

FATHER ZANTUS: "Thank you for coming on such short notice. I suspect this shouldn't take long. I noticed early this morning that Ezakien Tobyn's (The former priest of Sandpoint) vault has been tampered with. I know no Sandpoint citizen would have any reason for breaking in last night which leaves me to believe its the work of Goblins. Since you have more than proved your worth already, I'd request you accompany me to the vault and ensure that everything is in its proper order."


21/21HP

Zara's eyes go wide, her face ashen. "Who would want to go in his mausoleum? Goblins?" she bites her lip in apprehension.

"I am glad you called us." moving towards the priest comfortingly. "Was he your mentor?" If he seems upset she'll put her arm comfortingly around the priest.

She undoes one of the knots that hold her jangling top in place, ready for action later.

Sovereign Court

Human Ftr 2/Barb 1; Init +3; Perception +6; HP 33/33

Nicea sighs softly. "Furry rats, green rats... this town doesn't need heroes, it needs exterminators. But we'll come with you, Father. No sense the greenies doing any more harm here." She brightens considerably as she loosens her hammer from its fastenings and hefts it. "Yesterday was reaping. Today is hammer time."


FATHER ZANTUS: "We're not sure who would want to go into the mausoleum but Goblins are high on the suspect list. But for what reason I do not know? Ezakien Tobyn was very dear to me and it just tares me up knowing somebody would do this.

SHERIFF HEMLOCK: "Much to the contrary Nicea Argote. Heroes might be exactly what this town is in need of. I don't know what plans you all might have for the future but having an allied group of adventurers around is something that Sandpoint could really use. Think about it..."

Sovereign Court

Human Ftr 2/Barb 1; Init +3; Perception +6; HP 33/33

"Well thank you, sir. I hope if we do stay around, things get much worse than this!" Nicea says cheerfully, patting her hammer.


21/21HP

Putting her arm around the older priest; "We will help you investigate this sacrilege. If you don't mind me asking, how did he leave you." she softly inquires about the circumstances of his death, attempting not to be crass.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


FAHTER ZANTUS: "It was old age that took him. Ezakien lived a long life without regret. He was truly a better man than most of os can claim to be."


Female Half-Elf 3 / HP 26 / 20 arrows left / 13 climb chk

Damieka looks about, "It did seem like those others were just raiding while something bigger was going down. I was not able to figure it out yesterday but this may well have been it." She mentions while she walks with the others.

When the sheriff mentions an allied group of adventurers staying around to take care of the town she wonders about that, "What about your law men, Sheriff? Not that I'm ... what would adventurers do that your men would not?"


21/21HP

"Then he is in Desna's soft embrace, having the final dream." she holds him reassuringly, not really taking her age or gender to account. Instead, just making sure he was at ease; "Ezakien wasn't buried with any idol or special item? Something they might despoil his peace for?"

As Damieka speaks Zara keeps comforting the priest and looks to the demi-elf, her eyes warm.

"Hope, Damieka, hope. We could give them hope, range out where the guardsman cannot. Talk to the people, reassure them. If a guard fails then that affects the morale, if we do then...."she pauses not being able to imagine any of her friends dying. She takes a slightly sobbing breath; "Then at least it can inspire others to fight on. Maybe, as Nicea says, to purge the town of the verminous horde."


Damieka Keilen wrote:
"What about your law men, Sheriff? Not that I'm ... what would adventurers do that your men would not?"

SHERIFF HEMLOCK: "You'd be surprised what a few individuals could do. Whatever men we have need to focus the majority of efforts within the town and they're only willing to do what we pay them for. A group of adventurers however, could have the audacity to pickup where the town guard fails. The Goblin raid was a prime example. I'm not at all saying that the town guard is worthless, an outside source could bolster it though."

Zara wrote:
"Ezakien wasn't buried with any idol or special item? Something they might despoil his peace for?"

FATHER ZANTUS: "I burred him myself. There was nothing of value in the mausoleum."

The Exchange

Female Elf Rogue 2

Samara's eyes widen slightly as she is asked to accompany the others to the vault. A treasure hunter's dream, that. She taps her lips for a few moments and then her eyes turn towards the sheriff, who she raises a hand to raise awkwardly at. There are likely obstacles that will prevent her from hunting too much treasure. Still, it will be a nice opportunity to see what's there.

"Is there a things that he did to the goblins so that they liked him not so much?" wonders Samara softly.

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Sovereign Court

Human Ftr 2/Barb 1; Init +3; Perception +6; HP 33/33

Nicea looks approvingly at the timid elf. "An excellent question. You have a good head on your shoulders. In fact, you have the makings of an excellent second-in-command," she cries, draping one arm around the poor woman's shoulders, "You're my lieutenant!"


Shayliss Vinder

Zara Yllés wrote:
Zara looks back over her shoulder at the trio of Samara, Davben & Damieka; "Please come on, I am sure Silva can fulfill Shayless' requirements"

At this comment, Shayliss turns crimson, and she cutely bites her lip as her eyes seem to look everywhere but Silva. Her hands seem to grip the colorful skirt she wears tightly.

"Um, yes. Please follow me to my father's shop, Master Jural." She shyly peeks at Silva through her golden bangs, a little smile starts to form again. "A noted goblinslayer like yourself should have no problem with a few overgrown rats I am sure, but myself and my father, we aren't so strong as you. You just don't know how much I appreciate this. Thank you."

Shayliss beckons Silva to follow her and walks down the road to her father's shop.


21/21HP

Zara looks on at the announcement a slight sharpness in her chest; but she knows she may not be bright enough to lead the rest.

"Well the town guard generally has to deal with the town, they cannot actually go into the woods or patrol the roads. At least not too vigorously." Zara wonders.

"Do you need a drink? Some water Father?" seeing that he is not happy. "What type of resting place is it? A mausoleum? A grave? Or a large tomb."


Male Human Tattooed Sorcerer 3 | hp 23/23

"Well, naturally," Silva says with a grin, folding his arms behind his head. Without hesitation, he starts to follow Shayliss. "I'd recommend Nicea instead, after seeing how crazy strong she is. But judging by yesterday, she likes to make a mess of things."


Shayliss Vinder

Shayliss smile increases lighting up her face, and as she glances over her shoulder at Silva, her eyes seem to shine with happiness. She deftly leads Silva to the shop her father runs and leads him around to the side where a set of stairs has been excavated going to a simple door leading to what is assuredly the basement. She produces a key from a pouch at her waist and unlocks the door. It's fairly dark inside, but Shayliss reaches just inside the door and finds a small lantern and some lighting material.

Shayliss seems a tad flustered as she tries to light the lantern, distractedly glancing up at Silva from where she kneels at the foot of the stairs. It seems clear she doesn't want to embarrass herself with the lantern. After a couple shaky tries, Shayliss manages to get the lantern lit. Looking relieved, she says, "Quickly, come inside," and goes into the basement holding the small lantern.


Male Human Tattooed Sorcerer 3 | hp 23/23

With a nod, Silva follows Shayliss, already rolling up his sleeves. Time to ready up some more arcane retribution...!
"So, where are these rats?"


Shayliss Vinder

Shayliss closes the door after Silva walks inside, and she slowly inserts the key to lock it once more. She hangs the lit lantern on its hook where it casts dim light and causes the barrels and crates to cast long shadows. Her smile takes on different look as she gazes at Silva.

"I last saw one of the...uh, rats just over there behind that barrel with the spices in it." Her slender finger seems to casually point out a container off to one side. Silva can see in the wan light a cot is half sticking out from behind the same barrel.


Male Human Tattooed Sorcerer 3 | hp 23/23

At Shayliss' instruction, Silva carefully approaches the barrel, oblivious to the click of the lock. He raises a hand, ready to let a spell loose.
"Ah, I see it," he says as he reaches the barrel, "Right over... here? Oh!" The sorcerer takes a step back, looking at the cot with a raised brow. "Oh. Ohhhh..."


Shayliss Vinder

Silva hears a soft rustling behind him and then a little patter of feet as the "Oh," escapes his mouth.

"I hope you will forgive me...Master Jural. I may have told you a teensy weensy lie..." says Shayliss behind him is a soft soothing tone that doesn't sound contrite at all. In fact, husky would probably be a good description if he recognizes the tone.

Slender female hands slowly slide around his sides and up to his chest if he doesn't stop them.


Male Human Tattooed Sorcerer 3 | hp 23/23

"Well, I can certainly see that now..." Silva remarks as smoothly as possible, having no objections to Shayliss' affectionate contact. I was expecting this after the rats, but without? Desna must be smiling on me today! He raises his arms to his sides and cocks his head, a smirk on his face.

"So Miss Vinder, you have me cornered. What now?"


Shayliss Vinder

Shayliss giggles happily, and then slowly pulls Silva around to face her. As the rustling foretold, Shayliss has "misplaced" the simple bodice and colorful skirt she had been wearing. Her young supple body gleams in the pale light of the lantern while her faces is slightly shadowed as the lantern's rays are behind her. Her eyes are certainly aglow with that predatory gleam women seem to acquire as their desire and ardor rise.

"Now? Why Master Jural, I assumed you would use your 'magic', and I would be dazzled by it," she says before lifting her head to make her mouth accessible for the kiss she hopes is coming.


Male Human Tattooed Sorcerer 3 | hp 23/23

Delicately taking the young woman's chin in an uncallused hand, Silva leans in for a kiss...


Shayliss Vinder

Her mouth meets Silva's hungrily, yearning for more and promising much. Her hands begin to desperately pull at his belt and clothing. She seems in a great hurry for them to be off. Once Shayliss and Silva complete this task, Shayliss continues to kiss him and pushes him back onto the cot...

And now for the sake of minors and decency, the scene fades to black until DougFungus has a chance to weigh in. For all you lookieloos, let's just say that Shayliss shows Silva her magic. (~_^)

The Exchange

Female Elf Rogue 2

Lieutenant Samara Nolien? This woman is more insane than the rogue had initially anticipated if she thought the socially impaired elf was in any position to be second in command. Sixth in command would be hard enough for Samara! But she just offers a smile and a bit of a nod in response to the 'promotion', not wanting to spark conflict with Nicea over such a matter. She even offers a soft, "Ah, thank you for the confidence you have in me," to sell it.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Monk Emp Hand/2 Acrobat/1 | HP 25/25

Davben nods to Damieka as they walk along "I apologize, I had not intended to avoid talk of myself, just found yours more interesting. I would not wish to bore you with my past."

When they arrive to meet the father and sheriff Davben listens quietly, but furrows his brow when explanations have been given and Nicea seems to already be accepting for everyone. "I do not understand, hasn't the balanced been attained? Why are we entering this vault?"

He looks to Nicea "Are you able to explain to me? I've known you only a short time, but I find a certain admiration for you. If you tell me this is for the better of the harmony of the world I will follow."

Sovereign Court

Human Ftr 2/Barb 1; Init +3; Perception +6; HP 33/33

Nicea looks with some puzzlement at the unarmed man, struggling with this concept of 'balance'. "Well, to my mind, the dead need to be left at peace. It's not right, breaking into a tomb like that. Besides, we don't need a bunch of undead rising and walking through the streets, tearing living flesh with their horrid claws and teeth, draining folks dry of their blood and making them rise as more walking nightmares," she points out reasonably, oblivious to the pain this might cause Father Zanthus, and sounding rather cheerful at the prospect she claims to dread, "Seems like we should go check it out and make sure the cargo doesn't shift in the hold, you know? That kind of unbalance could sink this little town."

She smiles brightly at Davben, hugging poor Samara with the arm around her shoulders.


21/21HP

Zara blanches more at Nicea's words, Zanthus can feel her shiver against him. "You think there's really a chance of undead coming out and eating the towns people!" she says her voice slightly quavering.

"We must ensure everyone's safely at rest." the dancer concludes as quietly as Samara would.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Monk Emp Hand/2 Acrobat/1 | HP 25/25

Davben considers Nicea's words for a moment, from what he had heard undead were evil, they could certainly wreak havoc with the balance here. He returns the woman's smile "Yes, I see, undead could certainly cause problems it is best we stop them so they cannot interfere with the equilibrium we've attained here. Thank you my friend, I will be most pleased to protect the balance with you." Apparently her explanation of undead is good enough to convince Dav that balance could be in peril.


Female Half-Elf 3 / HP 26 / 20 arrows left / 13 climb chk

"No I did not mean that you tried to ... I needed to talk and you were a good ear but I would like to hear about you too, boring as you believe or not." She smiles.

Damieka shifts uncomfortably from Nicea's words, "Ew."

The ranger feels grossed out by the idea of undead and gives Nicea a look of disgust and nods when Davben speaks looking back to him for a moment, "Yes, I can see that as being a bad thing too. Let's make sure all is well."

The Exchange

Female Elf Rogue 2

Samara just stands there uncomfortably with Nicea's arm around her shoulder, and her expression could be interpreted as one of silent anxiety.

Sovereign Court

Human Ftr 2/Barb 1; Init +3; Perception +6; HP 33/33

Nicea gives Samara's shoulder a final squeeze and releases the poor thing, hefting her hammer once again. "Should we get going, or wait for Silva? I doubt we'll need him with us for a few goblins and he shouldn't have any trouble with rats, but still... I feel uneasy leaving him behind. After all, we're a team. I want to be sure he gets what's coming to him."


21/21HP

Zara feels a twinge of jealousy, but then is happy that the elven ladies abilities have been reecognised and rewarded. 'I should try harder.' the teen has a twinge of angst.

"No, we should set off now. Hopefully he isn't rushing or leaving the job half finished." Zara wonders. "Anyway, it could just be an empty crypt except for the Fathers body, his soul long since having departed." She tries to reassure his friend the current Priest of the temple.


+1 Envy to Zara for being jealous that Samara was appointed second in command instead of her.

+1 Kindness to Zara for her sweet words toward Father Zantus.

+1 Sloth to Zara for not telling Silva that Shayliss is a notorious troublemaker.

+1 Sloth to Nicea for not telling Silva that Shayliss is a notorious troublemaker.

+1 Greed Samara for seeing the trip to the Mausoleum as a treasure hunting opportunity.

+1 Humility to Samara because it was difficult accepting the role of second in command.

+1 Generosity to Silva for going to clear up Shayliss' rat problem.

+2 Lust to Silva for being Lustful.

+1 Gluttony to Davben for wanting to stay and finish breakfast rather than go to the Mausoleum.

------

SILVA:

The sound of footsteps can be heard walking casually down the stairs to the basement. The door opens and a middle aged man walks in, a lit candle in one hand for light. When he sees Shayliss and the stranger in bed he gasps! Shayliss lets out a shriek from the surprise.

SHAYLISS: "FATHER?"

The man breaks out into a fit of anger.

VEN VINDER: "Shayliss, what is going on here? his eyes turn to Silva. "Who are you and what gives you the right to violate my daughter in my own home?"

------

The Rest Of The Party:

Zara wrote:
"No, we should set off now."

FATHER ZANTUS: "Yes, I could not agree more. Follow me everyone, the Mausoleum is just located on the East end of the temple in the Sandpoint Boneyard."

Father Zantus leads everyone through the new Temple in order to get to the Boneyard. It's exquisite. Rather that just worship one Deity, the new temple is designed to house the six most commonly worshiped Deities in the region all under one roof. Abadar, Desna, Erastil, Gozreh, Sarenrae and Shelyn each have their own dedicated wing for their worshipers. Much thought and effort have been placed into the architecture, its a wonder that it was built in only 5 years.

The Mausoleum is a 20 foot square stone structure that stands near the wall. The large door hangs ajar.


Female Half-Elf 3 / HP 26 / 20 arrows left / 13 climb chk

Damieka looks at the mausoleum but moves a bit closer to Davben, "You found my life interesting? Your life can't be boring. I mean, we all have had something interesting."

She sighs and looks at the others, "I would suppose that Nicea's has been much more interesting. She is just the type that men would clamour around because of her strong will and Zara, well she is just a beauty."

Her eyes follow the line of the room and she wonders what is really going on if anything.

Sovereign Court

Human Ftr 2/Barb 1; Init +3; Perception +6; HP 33/33

"Follow me, everybody!" Nicea marches in after Father Zantus, whistling in appreciation at the architecture. "Nice god digs, Father. Is that the place? You should stay back and let us go in."

Is it dark inside? If so, Nicea can break out her lantern.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Monk Emp Hand/2 Acrobat/1 | HP 25/25

Davben smiles towards Damieka as he walks along with her "Yes your stories were interesting thank you for sharing them with me. I'll be happy to talk with you again and share some of mine." He considers when the half-elven woman brings up the others "Nicea is indeed an interesting one, I don't know about clamouring men, but she is certainly confident. I know nothing of her life though, perhaps she will tell me sometime." He sighs softly and nods "Zara? Yes she does have beauty, she is too kind though, she'll unbalance herself. Also she dances in the street in her undergarments then wonders why men fawn over her, seems a little strange to me. I guess I am unfamiliar with the customs."

He peers towards the Mausoleum "I haven't encountered undead before... I wonder how they fit into the natural balance." He doesn't sound as eager as Nicea, but does seem curious.


Male Human Tattooed Sorcerer 3 | hp 23/23

Oh, s%#*... Silva thinks when he hears the footsteps, scrambling to pull his pants back on. If he was going to get caught in the act, he had might as well try to preserve some of his dignity. Unfortunately, the man that opens the door is none other than the woman's father. This is even worse than that time in the caravan... calm down Silva, and maybe you'll get out of this in one piece.

"The name is Silva Jural, sir," he starts in as apologetic and humble a tone as possible, "I cannot say I had the right to do what I did, but your daughter invited me into your home for this express purpose and offered her consent. I am sorry I offended your values by taking advantage."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21


Female Half-Elf 3 / HP 26 / 20 arrows left / 13 climb chk

Curiosity gets the better of Damieka as she walks beside the monk. She grinned about Nicea's marching and being leader but was more interested in other things so she whispers to Davben.

Whisper to Davben:
"So ..." Damieka wasn't sure how to start but decided to just plow on, "You find my stories interesting but do you find me as interesting as Nicea? I mean, I don't want to have men fawn over me like Zara but I thought we were connecting last night. Maybe I was wrong."

301 to 350 of 1,702 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DougFungus' Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.