Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DougFungus' Rise of the RuneLords (Inactive)

Game Master DougFungus


451 to 500 of 1,702 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

21/21HP

"Thick and beautiful hair." she looks to the ranger with appreciation. "The glints of red really make you eyes pop. Say do you have a red dress? That'd look amazing on you."

Zara comments gently; "White hair is meant to be a symbol of magical blood-lines."

Andoran

Male Human Monk Emp Hand/2 Acrobat/1 | HP 25/25

Davben has kept quiet for the most part, he stands next to Nicea (Q2) he's not very good at picking locks, or tracking. He could possibly kick the door in if Samara can't handle the lock, though she seems pretty competent. He hears the girls talking about hair colour, but doesn't really pay much attention, he's focused more on what might be behind the door once Samara gets it open.


Female Half-Elf 3 / HP 26 / 20 arrows left / 13 climb chk

Damieka smiles back at Zara and shrugs, "Really? I did not know that about white hair and I don't have any dresses at all. They are not so great in the woods and they would be dirty if they were." She glances down at her armor and shrugs.

"Do you think that female goblins do this? Hang about and talk about their hair. Oh is that natural red or was it green beforehand. No mine is naturally black. I used purple dye but Calahealalena has natural purple hair. Can you believe that?" She does a funny voice as if she is a goblin female and sounds throaty and silly.


Samara picks the lock successfully.

Description wrote:

DISPLAY ROOM

This room contains a shop where customers can brows the various glassware produced here. Bottles, windowpanes and glass work art are the primary contents.

I didn't bother filling out a lot of the rooms on the Glassworks map with the actual stuff thats supposed to be in them. Its a very time consuming process. Just use your imagination based on what the descriptions say.

Round 1 Map

Round 2 Begins Now

Taldor

Human Ftr 2/Barb 1; Init +3; Perception +6; HP 33/33

Nicea steps inside, scythe in hand. "So far, so good. I guess we'd know if there had been a struggle in here. But nobody's home yet. Which door? Left or right?"

Move to M3.


Male Human Tattooed Sorcerer 3 | hp 23/23

"Alright gang, I think we should split up," Silva says as he walks in, rolling his other sleeve up despite the abundance of light. "Ben, you take the left. The rest of you, follow me to the right!"

Move to M4.


21/21HP

"Left for danger!" Zara says moving forward and taking off her top as she enters the glassworks. Leaving her with just the vivid scarf clinging to her modesty, straining slightly with it's soft folds tempting the eye.

"Just in case." her bladed scarf hangs in her hand. 'I need to keep flexible near the centre just in case.'

Move to N4

Taldor

Human Ftr 2/Barb 1; Init +3; Perception +6; HP 33/33

Nicea stares at Silva. "You're joking. Tell me you're joking."


Male Human Tattooed Sorcerer 3 | hp 23/23

"Well, I was joking," Silva remarks, raising a brow as Zara removes her top.


Female Half-Elf 3 / HP 26 / 20 arrows left / 13 climb chk

"Trying for more rat fun, Silva?" Damieka teased then went over to Davben, "I'll go with Davben to the left." She says as she walks in touching Davben's arm as she goes to N2.

Taldor

Human Ftr 2/Barb 1; Init +3; Perception +6; HP 33/33

"No, we're not splitting up, not until we know more about what's going on here. One person is already missing and I don't see anyone manning the store. Something's fishy and we need to stick together!" Nicea announces firmly.

Qadira

Female Elf Rogue 2

"Damieka and Ben are the people I will go with," decides Samara, "As er, 'second in command', we should have leadership on both sides. I am taking left..." She glances towards Nicea as she makes her statement and says, "Ah, er, nevermind."

Samara moves to K3


21/21HP

Zara looks to both doors a little lost; "I wouldn't be able to heal both groups..." she says forlornly. Although her current healing has been rather lack-lustre.


Male Human Tattooed Sorcerer 3 | hp 23/23

"Just listen to Miss Leader," Silva says whilst shaking his head, before smirking, "Sorry, all the hair talk back there just got me in the mood."


Female Half-Elf 3 / HP 26 / 20 arrows left / 13 climb chk

"The leader speaks." Damieka says with a smile then turns to Silva, "So you like hair talk? That is something to remember." She teases thinking of things she should and should not talk about around Silva.


21/21HP

Biting her lip; "So thing is how does our group open doors then? Without Samara's skilful fingers?" she looks across to Nicea's huge hammer.

"Bull in a china-shop...or rather powerful fighter in a glass-house. she says lowly in an uncertain tone.

Taldor

Human Ftr 2/Barb 1; Init +3; Perception +6; HP 33/33

"I guess if you guys really want to split up, we can. I'm sticking with the gal who can heal people, though. And left, right - makes no difference to me."

Qadira

Female Elf Rogue 2

"Er... staying together is a thing that is better for me, then, let's go this way," says Samara, attempting to open the door and checking if it's unlocked.


Female Half-Elf 3 / HP 26 / 20 arrows left / 13 climb chk

"We only went along with it because of Silva. Shame Silva." Damieka chuckled.


Male Human Tattooed Sorcerer 3 | hp 23/23

Silva gives Damieka an exaggerated shrug, still smiling. "Like Nicea said, I was only joking. Besides, a woman's hair is only her..." Silva starts, pausing to count several things out on his fingers. "...second best feature. But never mind that."

Taldor

Human Ftr 2/Barb 1; Init +3; Perception +6; HP 33/33

"Second? As high as that?" Nicea says softly, watching Samara work, "I'm surprised."


21/21HP

"After her personality?" Zara adds 'helpfully'.


Samara opens the door.

There is another door at K-16 that is difficult to see.

Round 2 Map

Round 3 Begins Now

Taldor

Human Ftr 2/Barb 1; Init +3; Perception +6; HP 33/33

"Well done, Samara. This is a big place. Should we check out the door that's right here?" Nicea steps quietly into the corridor and points at the nearest door. "Somebody keep an eye out down that long corridor."

Move to J-4 and indicate door at J-5.


21/21HP

Zara quickly moves up the corridor her fleet feet taking her deep into the building as she thinks of all the things that could be happening to their hostess. Down the corridor, her brilliant clothes shining against her skin.

Whilst the soft cloth rubs against her pale skin she watches Nicea go to the doorway. "I'll cover the rear." She looks down the corridor away from you.

Move to K18 to cover the door.

She sees that no one has seen her and moves back to the party.

Move to K15


Posting so that keeping tabs on the adventures of these zany kids is easier. (^_~)

EDIT: Strange, I can not seem to keep this PbP on my game's page....*Ponders*

Andoran

Male Human Monk Emp Hand/2 Acrobat/1 | HP 25/25

Davben sighs at Silva, "I do not believe this is really the time to be chasing rats." He smiles towards Damieka when she touches his arm and suspects she understands he's not really talking about rats. "Not that I'm opposed to chasing rats, but that sort of thing is perhaps best saved for later. Our first priority is to re-establish and maintain the balance here. Although perhaps Ameiko's gratitude would fall upon me if I were the one to find her. You can stay behind if you wish Silva." He teases the other man.

He moves to K6 in order to watch the corridor as well looking towards Zara who has run a fair ways down the hall "Zara I do not believe it is very wise to separate too far from the group... also rear guard may not be the best position for our healer, if you are injured who will assist you. I can take the rear guard if you stay with the group."


Female Helmet Cat

Samara shrugs, the less walking, the better. She walks next to the door at I4 and once again tries to open the door. She purses her lips at all of this back and forth conversation. This is the noisiest time that she has ever broken into a building.

Qadira

Female Elf Rogue 2

Above post was meant, of course, to be Samara


Male Human Tattooed Sorcerer 3 | hp 23/23

"And let you have all the lovely company?" Silva says to Davben with a raised brow, "I wouldn't count on it." He then makes his way to the hall on the other side of the door (G-4), to keep a lookout there.


Samara walks up to the door and opens it.

Description wrote:

A furnace burns along the southeast wall of this room. Marble tables sit in the chamber, used to work raw glass into usable shapes, with nearby wooden tables cluttered with various tools ofthe trade. The building's furnace rumbles loudly, penalizing Perception checks with a -4 penalty. The main furnace burns at the northeast end, a large chamber that utilizes alchemically treated wood that burns with a hot blue light.

This room is currently a gruesome display of Goblin boredom. 8 murdered staff lie in various stages of dismemberment; the goblins have been burning legs and arms in the furnace with glee, and pouring melted glass on the remains.

NOTE: Unlike most other rooms on this map, this room has some highly interactive features. I'm not going to tell you what they are, but if you pay close attention you might find them!

Everybody roll Initiative and Perception checks!

Round 3 Map

Round 4 Begins Now!

Taldor

Human Ftr 2/Barb 1; Init +3; Perception +6; HP 33/33

"By the gods!"

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 10 with penalty

If possible on her turn, Nicea moves to H9 and takes a swipe at yon G10 gobbo with her scythe.

Scythe attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Scythe dmg: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4) + 4 = 10

Qadira

Female Elf Rogue 2

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 19 with penalty

"Oh dear." Samara draws her rapier.


Female Half-Elf 3 / HP 26 / 20 arrows left / 13 climb chk

Damieka moves to just behind Davben at K5 and then hears the Nicea and Samara wondering what is wrong, [b]"What's going on there?"[/b

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male Human Tattooed Sorcerer 3 | hp 23/23

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Perception: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (19) - 2 = 17

"Wait, what? What's going on?!"


Female Half-Elf 3 / HP 26 / 20 arrows left / 13 climb chk

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Oops didn't do that one.


21/21HP

"Good point Davben." she says nervously soon realising that she is very exposed. Then there's a dull roar from down the corridor. 'A Dragon?' She wonders realising others are endangered. Then turns and runs down the aisle towards the sound.

"Alright tag." she says as she taps Davben on the arm as she jogs past him; her free hand holding the bladed scarf in her hand. The vivid material flaps as she moves rapidly, there was a light tinkling from the clashing blades.

She skids around the corner and rushes into the furnace room just behind Nicea. Zara's mind can hardly take in the horror, the torture that must have occurred within the walls. The heat is horrific as is the stench of burned flesh.

Her scarves lightly flap in the convection currents and her skin flushes, whether in rage or just the scorching heat? She moves before the creatures, a dark look upon her face.

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 with a -4 from the furnace and any other penalties/bonuses for being in the corridor.

Double Move: to K5 then to H5. Finishing at D7

100 Zara posts!

Andoran

Male Human Monk Emp Hand/2 Acrobat/1 | HP 25/25

Davben nods as Zara touches his arm and goes past him with a light touch on the arm, she'd taken her top off earlier, and the skirt in town hall. She's a strange one alright, and apparently had no modesty.

He turned to find Damieka behind him, she was always close by seeming to make a point of being near him, or maybe he's just imagining it. His thoughts are interrupted with the sound of the furnaces rumbling. "What's happening over there? Am I needed?"

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 7 with the -4


Initiative:

Goblin 1 Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Goblin 2 Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Goblin 3 Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Goblin 4 Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Goblin 5 Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Goblin 6 Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

ORDER:

Nicea (22)
Davben (21)
Goblin 2(20) Tongs
Zara (20)
Goblin 4(17) Glass
Goblin 3(15) Tongs
Samara (15)
Silva (14)
Goblin 5(9) Dogslicer
Goblin 6(9) Glass
Goblin 1(8) Tongs
Damieka (5)

The Goblins are playing about and making quite the racket. No wonder they didn't hear you coming. A few of them are throwing glassware others are probing things with tongs covered in molten glass. Only 1 has a crude Dogslicer in its hand.

DC 15 Perception check. If you cant see inside the room but passed, this only applies once you enter the room:
You immediately notice that one of the bodies is that of Lonjiku Kaijitsu.

  • Nicea races in (stepping over 3 corpses in the process) and drops Goblin 4 before the Goblins can even process whats going on.

  • Goblin 2 moves to F-14 and hucks a beautiful purple glass vase at Nicea

    Throw: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17 hit

    Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1

    The vase hits Nicea and falls to the hard floor, shattering it.

  • Zara races into the room and runs right over top a pile of broken glass. A large shard pierces through her sandals and into her foot.

    Zara takes 1 Damage & her movement is halved for 24 hours. This can be fixed with a DC:15 heal check or 1 point of magical healing.

  • Goblin 3 races to F-10 and tried to prod Nicea with red hot tongs dripping with molten glass.

    Attack: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 = 7 miss

  • Goblin 5 also tries to attack Nicea with his DogSlicer

    Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 Hit

    Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

  • Goblin 6 is not paying attention.

  • Goblin 1 is not paying attention.

  • Damieka moves to K-5.

Summary:
  • Nicea kills Goblin 4

  • Zara is slightly crippled in the foot from glass. 1 damage & half movement)

  • Goblin 2 deals 1 damage to Nicea

  • Goblin 5 deals 3 damage to Nicea

Round 4 Map

Round 5 Begins Now!

Qadira

Female Elf Rogue 2

Samara moves to flank one of the goblins with Nicea, attempting a sneak attack on the goblin should Nicea stay in the same place.

Samara moves to E9, attacks goblin at F9

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage: 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + (1) = 5

Taldor

Human Ftr 2/Barb 1; Init +3; Perception +6; HP 33/33

Nicea takes a slice at the goblin with the nasty dogslicer, since he's the guy who hurt her worst.

scythe attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
scythe damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 = 8

She remains silent, not wanting to draw the attention of the other goblins.


Male Human Tattooed Sorcerer 3 | hp 23/23

Tossing open the nearby door (F-5), Silva rushes into the goblin-infested furnace room, stopping at the sight of Lonjiku's body (F-7). Oh no... The sorcerer had never liked or gotten along with Ameiko's father, but not even he deserved this kind of fate. Gritting out his teeth, Silva picks out a nearby goblin and lets out a bellow that only it can hear.

Cast ear-piercing scream on the goblin at F-10. DC 16 to avoid being dazed. By RAW it's not supposed to do any damage at level 1...

Andoran

Male Human Monk Emp Hand/2 Acrobat/1 | HP 25/25

Something wasn't right, nobody answered Davben, and there were some strange noises coming from the other room. He looks to Damieka "I'm going to check to see what's happening, if anything comes down that hall, or if you need me yell and I'll come running."

He hurries off into the other room, and seeing goblins attacking Nicea quickly moves over to help.

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Dav moves to G8 and attacks Goblin at F9


Female Half-Elf 3 / HP 26 / 20 arrows left / 13 climb chk

Damieka was about to run into the room where the others had gone but Davben looked at her and asked her to stay and watch the hallway. For a moment she was thinking of not doing so but his look made her stay. If she did not trust his words how could he trust hers?

She nodded to him thinking that she probably would not be good in a small room anyway and watched the hallway, "Same for you. If I am needed then yell." She said concerned about all her new friends.


21/21HP

Zara can barely believe the pain. Looking down at her foot there appears to be a huge shard of glass. Once so beautiful now just a wreck, a shattered mess tearing into her flesh.

Hobbling upon the balls of her foot, the dancer bounces forward, before leaning against the wall hopefully out of sight of further of the appalling tragedies and viscous creatures. 'They just seemed so cruel but pitiful and incompetent. However give them an inch and....' she surveys the carnage. The innocent glass workers dead, and what has happened to Ameiko?

Knowing that she has to stop these creatures rapidly she flicks the blades at them. Putting her entire weight into the attack, before spinning backwards she leans against the wall.

Move: to E11
Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 = 14 Attack Goblin at F10 with flanking from Nicea.
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5


EDIT: I made a mistake with Zara running through the glass. It turns out the glass is supposed to get an Attack Roll vs. the target and I didn't do one. I'm not going to change the outcome this time, but will grant Zara 1 Free Pass on any Attack Roll, Skill Check or Save in the future for my mistake.


Initiative:
Nicea (22)
Davben (21)
Goblin 2(20) Tongs
Zara (20)
Goblin 3(15) Tongs
Samara (15)
Silva (14)
Goblin 5(9) Dogslicer
Goblin 6(9) Glass
Goblin 1(8) Tongs
Goblin 7(7)
Goblin 8(7)
Damieka (5)

  • Nicea's attack misses the Goblin.

    She remains silent, but the sound of the shattering vase has already alerted the others.

  • Davben moves to G-8 and kicks Goblin 5 in the face and breaks it. Goblin 5 goes down.

  • Goblin 2 moves to G-10 and attempts to Trip Nicea.

    Nicea Attack of Opportunity: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 miss

    Trip Attaempt: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18 Success!

    Nices falls to the ground.

  • Zara moves to E-11. She swings her scarf at Goblin 3 but misses.

  • Goblin 3 shouts something in a strange language.

    Anybody who can understand Goblin:
    THROW HER IN THE FURNACE!

    Goblin 3 then attempts to Bullrush Davben out of the way.

    Zara attack of opportunity: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 = 14 miss

    Davben attack of opportunity: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 Hit

    Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

    Goblin 3 Bullrush attempt: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10 Fail

  • Samara moves to F-7 and stops as a Goblin blocks her way. She is unable to make a flanking position with anybody. She attacks, but mises.

  • Silva rushes through the closed door and bumps into Samara on the other side. He casts Ear Piercing Scream on Goblin 3.

    Goblin 3 Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14 Fail

  • Goblin's 5,6,1,7&8 all run to Nicea and grab onto her, trying to pick her up.

  • Damieka stands her ground.

Summary:
  • Davben kills Goblin 5

  • Goblin 2 trips Nicea

  • Davben deals 5 damage to Goblin 3

  • Goblin 3 is Dazed from Silva's spell

  • Most of the Goblins have their hands on Nicea

Round 5 Map

Round 6 Begins Now!


Male Human Tattooed Sorcerer 3 | hp 23/23

Seeing the goblins crowd around the fallen Nicea, Silva rushes Davben's side, pulling a handful of colored sand out of his component pouch (H-8).

"I'd close my eyes and mouth if I were you," he says to no one in particular in an uncharacteristically stern voice, before tossing the sand at the crowd of goblins.

Silva casts color spray on as many goblins as possible without hitting allies. Will save DC 15.


21/21HP

Zara's eyes widen as she sees the goblins swarm all over Nicea. Her anger rises and she swipes at the evil creature that has it's grubby paws over her friend. "No you don't!" she tells it as her cloth swings in an arc of destruction. The force behind her attack means she fails to connect again. She screams frustratedly as they claw at her friend.... "RAWR!"

Attack Vs F10: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

If Samara wants a flank, Zara will move to F8. Taking an AoO.


I realize the map does not accurately represent 5 Goblins grabbing Nicea, but I didn't want to overlap any tokens to eliminate confusion. I assure you, they are all there.

451 to 500 of 1,702 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DougFungus' Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.