Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DougFungus' Crypt of the Everflame (Inactive)

Game Master DougFungus

The Crypt where Ekat Kassen was laid to rest has become an important part of the town's history. This year a group of hand selected individuals have been chosen to venture to the crypt and retrieve the Everflame in time for the autumn celebration.


401 to 450 of 1,280 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Oh, I hope that crossbow belongs to somebody we know! Kerret says nervously as he moves up to support Kaylee and Lorant.

Move up to R21


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"Crossbow?!" Lorant looks at Kaylee in surprise, but them remembers some of his training. He quickly brings up his shield and lowers his body into a half-crouch, trying to cover as much of himself with the shield as possible.

Total Defense. +4 to AC.


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

I move to the corridor to the left R20 and press my back against the wall.

Then I ready my bow.


Initiative:
Kaylee
Kerret
Lorant
Pip
Vastar
????

  • Kaylee moves to R-20 and waits.

  • Kerret moves to R-21.

  • Lorant switches places with pip and goes into total defense.

  • Where is Pip?

  • Vastar makes a move for R-20. Upon realizing Kaylee is already positioned there he moves to R-19 instead.

  • ????.

From behind the door the sound of worried shuffling can be heard.

"Ga#uw***w @@@wwwaay An)(GrY bonneZZ!!! Awa^%$ngry BOE!nzE CANt Hwwrt mE HweRe. i Haa@@^et^ yOu"

Maps have been updated

Round 25 Begins Now


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"Get ready, I'll open it!" Lorant glances back at the others and then pulls open the door.

Move action: Open door. I'll wait on a rest until we see what happens when the door opens.


Lorant pulls on the door only to find that it's locked.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"Damn it! Pip, can you open it?" Lorant whispers.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Hsst! Lorant! Leave the door, Kaylee heard the crossbow to the West! Please, let's take care of that first!

Kerret looks wild-eyed and pale, his fingers twitch, and flashes of light seem to dance between them.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

"I can try to pick the lock otherwise this door is pretty beat up. One of you stronger humans could probably smash it down." Pip says as he tries to make himself as small as possible behind everyone else.


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Kaylee looks quizzically at Kerret. I'm fairly certain that I heard the crossbow from behind this door. Looking at Lorant and Pip Don't smash it down, there may be survivors inside. We can come back and try talking to them. For now, let us find if anyone is in immediate danger.


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Pip! I whisper urgently, Open the door and then get behind Lorant. We'll look after you. You know we will.


The banter is great but I can't make heads or tails of diffinitive actions for this round. I won't be able to close the round until I know what everybody agrees on.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"I'm going to break it down. If there are survivors in there, we can help them and get them out. If there's something else in there, we need to deal with it."

Without waiting for anyone to stop him, Lorant takes a step back and then aims a kick right at the door latch.

Strength check to break down the door. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18


Initiative:
Kaylee
Kerret
Lorant
Pip
Vastar
????

Everybody stands back as Lorant Kicks the door in an attempt to open it. The door is obviously barricaded from the other side as it only opens 1/3 the way.

From the inside a hand wielding a Light Crossbow pokes out and shoots randomly into the hallway.

1=Kaylee (Re-Roll)
2=Kerret
3=Lorant
4=Pip
5=Vastar (Re-Roll)

Who to Hit: 1d5 ⇒ 1 Re-Roll
Who to Hit: 1d5 ⇒ 2

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 Hit

Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

The crossbow Bolt hits Kerret for 4 Damage. The arm returns within the door and the sounds of re-loading can be heard.

"tH!e DEAD 1!!! T#hE DeAd 000Ne!! THE 4Ead oNEEEEE HOOOOOO Sp334ks!!!"

Maps have been updated

Round 26 Begins Now


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

You poxy whoreson! Kerret gasps as the bolt lodges deep in his shoulder. Well, if that's how you want to play it, that's how we'll play it!

The young man rushes up next to Lorant and pokes his hand through the gap in the door before bathing the room in sorcerous flames.

Crunch:

Move to T21, defensively cast burning hands

Concentration: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 vs. DC 17

hitting squares U 19-21 and V 19-21.

DC 16 Reflex save for half of

3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 4, 3) + 3 = 14 fire damage.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

What that a human hand, a skeletal hand, or something else?

"Whoa! Lorant shouts as Kerret sprays fire into the room. He takes a small step back and slams into the doorway with his shoulder, hoping to dislodge the barricade more and have enough room to slide past the door.

Don't quite know what this is mechanically. Strength check again? Bull Rush?

Strength check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


The hand is Human.

A strength check is exactly what the book calls for. I'm flexible though.


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)
Kerret Malconnen wrote:

You poxy whoreson! Kerret gasps as the bolt lodges deep in his shoulder. Well, if that's how you want to play it, that's how we'll play it!

The young man rushes up next to Lorant and pokes his hand through the gap in the door before bathing the room in sorcerous flames.

** spoiler omitted **

1d4+1, surely?

Kerret, did you see who that was? Another trap?


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5
Vastar wrote:


1d4+1, surely?

Kerret, did you see who that was? Another trap?

3d4+3, surely

All I saw was the hand and the crossbow, and I hope they're both burnt to cinders!


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Pip cowers behind his larger companions.

"What the heck did I get myself into?" he says to himself. "Travel the world, see new places, steal some coin...my recruiter is going to hear about this!"


Initiative:
Kaylee
Kerret
Lorant
Pip
Vastar
????

Kerret runs up and wraps his arm around to the inside of the door and sets the room a blaze. From inside you can hear the distinct sound of a body hitting the floor. Lorant then proceeds to have another go at forcing the door open. He is successful at getting past the barricade and the door swings open.

???? Con Check: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17

Inside the room you see a man lying on the ground unconscious. He is burnt but his condition looks to be stable.

The rest looks as if it's some sort of safe-room. There is a large supply of Food, Water, Bedding, Lanterns, Oil and a few potion vials. The room is Lit by an everburning torch hanging up on the wall. You can tell that this room was never meant for long term use. Everything that is here is practically new but is lying about in a huge mess.

Change of Pace:

So long as you are within this room you are not confined to using turn-by-turn actions. You may take free form actions and speech so long as you are situated within the room. As soon as you leave the room you will be forced to return to using turn-by-turn actions.

Maps have been updated

Round 27 Begins Now


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Do we know the man?


You may have seen him around town. You're not entirely sure though.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret slumps into the room, shoulder throbbing. Can someone help me with this thing? I think I may have lost some blood...

The young man looks around, What is this place?

Who is that, and what's in all those vials?

He softly chants a spell, invoking his arcane sight.

Cast detect magic, survey the contents of the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Knowledge(Arcana): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Knowledge(Local): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 untrained


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant pushes his way into the room past the door and surveys the scene. "Kaylee, come quick! Kerret's hurt and this man is too. I don't know who he is, but he looks familiar. When he wakes up, we can question him." Lorant puts away his sword and looks through the supplies, trying to determine how many people these supplies may be for. He pays close attention to the amount of bedding.

Enter the room, search the supplies
Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

I sink to my knees in prayer, concerned at my friends' wounds and not wanting this strange man to die unnecessarily: "Lord Erastil, guardian of community, help us now in our hour of need."

channel energy: 1d6 ⇒ 3


  • Kerret, Your detect magic picks up all the potion vials in the room. There are 2 in total. The energy is Divine and the potions are labeled "Healing"

  • Lorant, There are supplies for 7-10 people for about a weeks stay.

  • Vastar heals everybody in the area for 3.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Pip moves into the room and takes a look at the man and starts going through his pockets, looking for any kind of identification or something that may clue us into who he is.

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Kaylee races down the hallway in time to feel the healing burst from Vastor. Thank you, Vastor

She continues on into the room to examine the fallen villager. Glaring at both Lorant and Kerret as she enters, she speaks angrily. Do you two have to be so RECKLESS!! You've almost killed one of the people that we are supposed to be saving!

She stops her rant long enough to examine her patient, checking on his breathing and the extent of his burns. Heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Did you find anything, Pip? she asks as she begins to take a look around the room for anything that could be used as bandages. Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Despite Kaylee's demeanor, I find this situation to be humorous myself


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"Hey, he shot at us! And it wasn't me, it was Kerret burning him! I just tried to get into the room." Lorant points to Kerret like a 5-year old trying to get out of trouble.

He grabs a blanket and hands it to Kaylee. "Here, we can cut this into bandages." He pulls out his dagger and starts to cut the blanket into strips.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Reckless?!?!Kerret stares incredulously at Kaylee, I just saved all our skins! He was trying to kill us, or maybe you didn't notice the crossbow bolts! He shakes the bloody dart in his fist before throwing it down at Kaylee's feet. I don't know who he is, but there is something wrong with that man. Didn't you hear him talking? And frankly, I put enough fire in this room to cook an ox. But he's still breathing. Doesn't that strike you as a trifle odd?
He shakes his head. It was life and death Kaylee, and I don't need your handwringing and second guesses.
Kerret picks up the healing potions and hands one each to Lorant and Pip.
Here, I'm sure we'll be needing these before too long. He then takes stock of the room's remaining contents.
Perception: 10 + 5 = 15 take10


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

I try to soothe my friends' nerves, Hey now, You too are old friends, we all are. We need to help each other out. Down here we need to keep calm and figure out what is really going on.
I pause, scatch my head and look at the injured man: I kinda think I've seen him around... maybe? We don't know if he's an evil killer who summons the undead or a friend of the mayor's whose been stuck in here surrounded by monsters.

I might call on Erastil for his support again: then we can speak to the man. He's no threat with his crossbow out of his hands and Lorant standing by.

I look around the little room: Can we bar the door again, while we're in here?

If nobody objects then I shall use my last channel 1d6 ⇒ 6 in the hope of bringing Kerret and the man back to better health and better spirits.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Vastar, if you're going to heal him, let's make sure he isn't a threat first. We should check him for weapons and tie him up.
Kerret is as good as his word and strips away any weapons the man might have, including his crossbow. He makes a thorough search of the man's clothes and checks that there isn't anything nearby that could be used to harm the party (including lamp oil). He also takes any bolts the man may have had to replenish his own supply, then casts about for some rope or twine.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"Here, use this, Kerret." Lorant hands him several strips of cloth and he's shredding the blanket.


  • The man has no identification.

  • In the room you find all the items listed above and the mans Masterwork Crossbow.

  • The door can be barred again should you wish.

  • The extent of the mans wounds is no longer life threatening due to Vastars healing. He is starting to come around. I just don't have time to complete the post at the moment so I'll allow for a little more RP first.

  • If you have picked up or dispersed items to other players make sure to keep track of it in your inventory.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret binds the man using the strips Lorant cut at wrists and ankles, tying his hands behind his back, and then attaching the wrist and ankle bindings together. He takes his time and makes sure that there is no slack. Once that is done, he takes up the man's much finer crossbow and places his own on an out of reach shelf. He loads a bolt into the new crossbow, and trains it on the man.
Alright, let's see what he has to say for himself.


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Kerret, I apologize for snapping at you and Lorant but please don't be so hostile towards this man. For all you know, he may have lost his sanity watching his friends die. Keep the crossbow ready but don't aim it at him. She then pulls out her waterskin and crouches down by the man, waiting for him to wake.


The man gradually comes too consciousness.

He is scared, and just keeps rambelling over and over about "Angry Bones".


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Hey, hey, calm down. We're here to help, to get you home safe. We're the good guys.

I move slowly nearer, keeping my hands down, my posture non-aggressive and my voice low.
diplomacy: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant closes the door and shoves some of the barricade back against it. "There, we should be safe now." He takes the healing potion from Kerret. He waits for the man to calm down.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret has the good grace to look abashed at Kaylee's words. I didn't think about that,[/b[ he mumbles. [B]Sorry for being such a hothead.

He trains the crossbow off the man and says to him, Are you all right, sir? What's your name, and where are the rest of the townsfolk? Don't worry, we took care of those skeletons.

Aid Another(Diplomacy): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Pip studies the man a bit more now that he is conscious. Does he recall seeing the man in town? At the tavern or a game of cards perchance?

knowledge local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


The man calms down. He is still frightened but can speak coherently and clearly enough that you can understand him now. Something is obviously not right about this man. He has lost his mind.

"You killed the Walking Bones? Have you found them?"

  • Pip, you finally manage to place this man. He is Roldare, a local Cobbler from Kassen.


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Them? You had companions? Are they here still?


Roldare sobs. Were he not tied up he would curl up into a tiny ball and cry.

"I don't know!!! We came here 3 days ago to prepare for your arrival. The 5 of us managed to have the first 3 rooms ready when we were attacked by Angry Bones 4 days ago. Ive been hiding here ever since. Then it came and took her."


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"Kerret, untie him. He's no threat, just scared." Lorant looks at the man. "Who did they take? Who took her?"


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

All right, hold still now.
Kerret unties the knots and sets the man free.
We should get him out of here. Sir, do you think you could make it back to Kassen if we took you out of the tomb?


"My sister Dimira! The one with the voice of death took her. Please, you need to get her back to me. They killed the other 4. She's the only one left.


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

We will do our best to get Dimira back.Kaylee states. She pauses for second with concern. The one with the voice of death? What more can you tell us of him? She won't push him to answer if his condition begins to worsen. She helps him steady on his feet and prepares to take him back to the entrance.


"Nothing, I just simply don't know" Roldare replies.

401 to 450 of 1,280 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DougFungus' Crypt of the Everflame All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.