Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DougFungus' Crypt of the Everflame (Inactive)

Game Master DougFungus

The Crypt where Ekat Kassen was laid to rest has become an important part of the town's history. This year a group of hand selected individuals have been chosen to venture to the crypt and retrieve the Everflame in time for the autumn celebration.


351 to 400 of 1,280 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Realizing that his friends are correct, Pip gives up trying to locate the traps.

"I think the clue refers to levers! What if there are three levers and we need to pull them at once to open the door?"

Pip move left to K16 then up to I16, then up to H17 and checks for traps again.

1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 = 26


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Maybe you're right, Pip! I think I see another one on the far wall. After we get Kaylee up, let's see if we can find the third!


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"Do you think there are other clues at the bottom of the other pits?" Lorant peers down into the pit in front of him.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

I try to climb out of the hole
climb 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (8) - 3 = 5


Initiative:
This round will not be playing by initiative order to make everything work for the story.

Vastar moves to the edge of the pit then climbs down and heals Kaylee. Once recovered Kaylee uses Kerrets aid other to climb out. Vastar tries to climb out of the hole but cant get a proper footing. He stays at the bottom of the pit for the round. Meanwhile Lorant and Pip continue to look for traps. Lorant discovers another pit while Pip does not (because there is none in his area).

Maps have been updated

Round 17 Begins Now


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret tries to help Vastar climb out of the pit.

Aid Another(Climb: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (12) - 3 = 9

and try again...

Aid Another(Climb: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (15) - 3 = 12


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

While the others are climbing out of a pit, Lorant inexplicably climbs into one...

Climb down into pit at K-19. Search among the pillows.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Thankyou, Kerret.
climb attempt 1 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
if that fails climb attempt 2 with Kerret's aid 1d20 - 3 + 2 ⇒ (14) - 3 + 2 = 13


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Sorry, forgot my climb check

Climb=: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Kaylee waits on the edge for Vastar to climb out. Pip, you may be right! I saw one of the levers on the other end of this chamber. I'll go back there in a minute. Lorant, did you find anything?.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

"I see another lever!" Pip yells to everyone. He moves to E-17, then left one to E-16.


Initiative:
Kaylee
Kerret
Lorant
Pip
Vastar

  • Kaylee waits for Vastar to climb out of the pit.

  • Kerret Helps Vastar climb out of the pit.

  • Lorant climbs down the pit at K-19 and begins rummaging around through the pillows for treasure. He finds nothing of value.

  • Pip moves to E-16.

  • Vastar, with Kerrets help, climbs out of the pit.

EDIT: Kaylee, I needed to move you for things to make sense. Pip, if you're having trouble seeing anything it's because you don't have a light source.

Maps have been updated

Round 18 Begins Now


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant climbs out the opposite side of the pit. "Nothing in this one. I was just hoping they had left some coin at the bottom of each one!" Finding himself near the door, Lorant examines it.

Climb out, move to L20

Climb 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret takes a long route around many of the pillars, looking for another lever to pull. I think I see one over here.

Walk to I 17 (10 ft.), then to E 17(20 ft.), then to E 20 (15 ft.), then to C 20 (10 ft.) then to C 19 (5 ft.), total 60 ft., full double move.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Thankyou, Kerret.

I hold my ground, waiting to see what the rest of the group can do.

No point having the cleric stuck in a hole if someone needs healing and I'm not a great climber.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Pip moves up to C16 and then over to C18.


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Kaylee waits near Vastor for now. Coin would be nice, but it would be a waste if we hadn't fallen in any of the pits to begin with. Guess I'm lucky for falling into the right pit? she says with a short laugh.


Initiative:
Kaylee
Kerret
Lorant
Pip
Vastar

  • Kaylee waits.

  • Kerret moves to C-19.

  • Lorant moves to the Door. Perception check results have been PM'd to you.

  • Pip walks on despite the fact that he cant see anything without his Allys light. Stumbling through the dark and around a corner Pip walks right into a pit trap at C-17.

    Non Lethal Fall Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

    Just like every other pit in the area, the bottom is covered in fluffy pillows. The fall hurts, but not as bad as it could have were the pillows not there.

  • Vastar holds his ground.

This is the last update until Monday. Try to keep yourselves occupied in the meantime.

Maps have been updated

Round 19 Begins Now


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"I think we were right. This door has no handle on it. And it won't budge. I bet pulling all three of those levers will do it."


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret shakes his head and chuckles Careful of that first step, Pip.

Give us a moment Lorant! the young man shouts to the south. We've hit a brief snag

Kerret moves closer to Pip and lowers his longspear into the pit to try to assist the halfling in climbing out.

5' step to C 18
Aid Another(Climb): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 2 = 16


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

"Dang it! At least the pillows were here!" Pip says as he grabs hold of Kerret's spear and climbs out of the pit.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Lorant, if you wait by the door, we can get it open and you can make sure it doesn't swing shut again.

I head toward the switch I can see B18, stepping past Kaylee and up the corridor.


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Kaylee walks down the corridor to I-22 and turns to continue down to K-22. She carries her sunrod in one hand while prepping her sling for whatever comes through the next door. Looking at Lorant, she smiles. Ready when you are.


Initiative:
Kaylee
Kerret
Lorant
Pip
Vastar

  • Kaylee moves to K-22 and prepares for the door opening.

  • Kerret drops his spear into the pit and helps lift Pip out of the pit.

  • Lorant waits to see if the lock will release once the switches are pulled.

  • Pip climbs out of the pit.

  • Vastar strides by Kaylee to the switch.

Vastar:
Just a side note Vastar, your Detect Magic spell runs out this turn.

Maps have been updated

Round 20 Begins Now


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"Ready, Kaylee. See if you can pull the levers and hold them."


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Doug:
Didn't mean to imply that Kerret was dropping his spear, just lowering it to give Pip something to grab onto as he climbed out. Anyway, it's 10' long and could reach the bottom without being let go.

Kerret moves to the lever and pulls it down. 5' step to B18, pull and hold lever.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Pip moves down 2 spaces and over 3 to end at E21.


Kerret:
Haha, that's kind of funny. I never interpreted it in that way at all. Bad choice of wording on my part. You don't need to retrieve the spear.


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

I grab the lever and hold it down: Has everyone got one?


Initiative:
Kaylee
Kerret
Lorant
Pip
Vastar

  • Kaylee moves back up the hallway and pulls the lever at G-22.

  • Kerret pulls the lever at B-18

  • Lorant holds his action

  • Pip moves to E-21

  • Vastar pulls the lever at L-18

    An audible click comes from the direction of the door.

  • Lorant pushes the door open revealing a hallway on the other side. Looking in you see that the hallway leading to the West goes on for 40 feet then takes a 90 degree turn south. The hallway to the East goes on for 5 feet then makes a 90 degree turn South. It is from this direction that the wailing is coming from.

Maps have not been updated

Round 21 Begins Now


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant pushes open the door as soon as the last click falls into place. "It worked! It's open!" After looking past the door, he adds, "The wailing is coming from down here."

He holds the door open as the others make their way through.

I don't know if the door will try to close when they release the levers, but Lorant will hold it open just in case.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret nods to Pip, Let's be on our way then. Follow me, there's probably another pit, this close to the lever.

Double move C20, D20, E20, E19, E18, E17, F17, G17, H17, I17, I18, I19


I just realized that I forgot to give everybody XP for the Pit Traps.

5 Traps @ 65XP ea. = 65XP/Player

Don't forget to add it to your character sheets.


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

I haed cautiously through the door: I hope that's not a ghost.


initiative:
Kaylee
Kerret
Lorant
Pip
Vastar

  • Kaylee double moves to N-20

    "That awful sound is definitely coming from this direction." Kaylee says as she points to the hallway leading East. "Its not far from here at all." Kaylee hugs tight to the wall as she peeks her head around the corner and into the darkness. A soft flickering light can be seen through the cracks in the doorway at the end of the hall. "I see candlelight through the cracks in the door! The sound has got to be coming from in there."

  • Kerret double moves to K-22

    Kerret:
    Kerret, I moved your token to a different location than you have mentioned. I assume that you want to move toward the door but the direction you have chosen runs you right through an open pit trap and doesn't maximize your movement. This has me puzzled. If for any reason you have done this intentionally please let me know and I'll retcon the posed action to precisely what you had asked for.

  • Lorant holds the door open for his allies to pass through.
    Lorant:
    As soon as the others let go of their switches the door starts pulling toward the closed position. Its nothing you can't handle but you know that as soon as you let go its going to close and lock again.

  • Pip double moves to K-21.

    "Are you sure you want to go that way Kaylee? This place gives me the creeps." Pip shudders. "Maybe we should just skip that room and go right for the Everflame? Or better yet, we could just light the lantern en-route back to Kassen and say it's the Everflame! It's not like anybody would know anyway...

  • Vastar double moves around the pillars, avoiding any traps to J-22.

Maps have been updated! Round 21 & 22 have been posted to the SkyDrive.

Round 22 Begins Now


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Pip is going to move to N21. Looking for any traps along the way.

detect traps: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

I follow the group, trying to cover from the rear with my bow.

I am grim-faced and silent after the relative gaeity of pillow-lined pits.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"Let's check out that wailing. But be careful. Who knows what else is in here." He walks cautiously down the eastern corridor and stop as the intersection to look down the western path.

Move to R-21. Draw sword. Look down the corridor.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret follows Vastar and keeps his eyes open for trouble.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Move to P21


Initiative:
Kaylee
Kerret
Lorant
Pip
Vastar

  • Kaylee moves to O-21

    Kaylee hugs herself as she walks down the hall. She trembles slightly. She is scared but masks her fear to the rest of the party.

    "What do you think it is guys? A monster?"

  • Kerret stays behind Vastar and moves to P-21

  • Pip moves to N-21 and keeps an eye out for traps.

    Pip:
    Nothing here that you can see but I'll save your roll for a while in-case anything shows up.

  • Vastar double moves to Q-21.

  • Lorant holds the door for everyone before moving to R-21.

    Lorant:
    Perception Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

    Looking down the corridor you can't see much but you swear there there is some sort of sound coming from that direction? Or is it the echo of the wail? or did you hear anything at all? You did.... Maybe?

Maps have been updated

Round 23 Begins Now


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"There's something...No, wait..." Lorant looks down the western corridor and is confused for a second. "I thought I heard something from down there too, but I don't know. It could have just been an echo. Let's figure out this wailing first. Then we can explore that way."

"Pip, you want to check it out the door? And see if you can figure out what might be inside."

Let Pip in front to check the door. Then if it's safe, He'll move back in front to open it.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret stays put and waits for Pip to check the door. Tread softly now Pip, he whispers. There's no telling what's on the other side of that door.

On delay in case some threat emerges


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Pip moves by the door and checks the hinges (if they are on this side of the door), the lock, the handle, just about everywhere around the frame of the door as well for any sign of trap or trap trigger.

(Using my saved roll or do you want a new check for traps roll?)


I'll use your roll unless you want a new one.


Initiative:

???? Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Kaylee
Kerret
Lorant
Pip
Vastar
????

The Party allows Pip to slip past each of them to the front of the line. He begins inspecting the door starting with the hinges and moving his way around the frame. As Pip starts to tamper with the lock something odd happens, the wailing stops completely. The silence is deafening. The only sound is the sound of scratching coming through the darkness from the hall to the west.

Everybody make a Perception Check to hear something.

Pip I have sent you a PM

Maps have been updated

Round 24 Begins Now


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Do you see anything, Pip?


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

"Pip...I think you should back away. Let me do it. Something is inside."

Swap places with Pip.


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

I don't think a ghost would use a crossbow. I hear one being loaded now! Kaylee warns as she moves closer to the room. 20ft move to R-20

351 to 400 of 1,280 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DougFungus' Crypt of the Everflame All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.