Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DougFungus' Crypt of the Everflame (Inactive)

Game Master DougFungus

The Crypt where Ekat Kassen was laid to rest has become an important part of the town's history. This year a group of hand selected individuals have been chosen to venture to the crypt and retrieve the Everflame in time for the autumn celebration.


301 to 350 of 1,280 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 40/40 | AC 17/12/15 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant opens the door.

Should have a move action left.


Initiative:
Kaylee
Kerret
Lorant
Pip
Vastar

Please keep in mind everyone that I clearly mark all my walls and ledges in a thick black outline. In this room the staircase moves up to a ledge. There is no wall.

  • Kaylee Moves to G-14. [ooc]I edited your movement to keep you on the same level as the others but still behind the party. Is this what you wanted?

  • Kerret moves to H-14

  • Lorant moves to J-14

  • Pip stays put.

  • Vastar moves to K-14 behind Lorant. I edited your movement to cover Lorant from the same level. Is this where you wanted to be?

The party gathers around Lorant in preparation for what might be on the other side of the door. Lorant slowly grabs the latch and unhinges it. The door swings open easy enough only to reveal an unlit room on the other side. The light coming in from outside the crypt and Kerret's spear are not enough to make out anything. One thing is for sure, the wail is louder here. It is still very distant though. Whatever it is is not in this room, but you are getting closer.

I had to go back and double check everyone's light sources. If I am correct Kerret is the only person who has one. If I have made a mistake please link to the post where you have activated it.

Maps have been updated

Round 10 Begins Now


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Realising how dim everything is, I cast light on a stone scooped up from the floor.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Hey Doug, Kerret's spear is a Longspear with reach, so the point could be in Lorant's square. Does that change our illumination status?


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 40/40 | AC 17/12/15 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant steps forward and motions for the others to follow him. He tries to determine the direction of the wailing.

Move forward to J-16, drawing his sword. Move in the direction of the wailing. If he can't determine it, then he will move left.


Kerret Malconnen wrote:
Hey Doug, Kerret's spear is a Longspear with reach, so the point could be in Lorant's square. Does that change our illumination status?

I could work that out if you want to keep track of where it is at all times. If you want to I could post a map with the new illumination before next round.


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Kaylee steps forward next to Lorant. It's getting harder to see, let me help She takes a few seconds to cast light upon his shield.

move to I-14, cast light on Lorant's shield


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5
DougFungus wrote:
Kerret Malconnen wrote:
Hey Doug, Kerret's spear is a Longspear with reach, so the point could be in Lorant's square. Does that change our illumination status?
I could work that out if you want to keep track of where it is at all times. If you want to I could post a map with the new illumination before next round.

Looks like we've got it worked out between Kaylee & Vastar. No need for a new map before next round.

Kerret moves up behind Lorant and keeps his eyes and ears open for the unexpected.

move to J 15

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 40/40 | AC 17/12/15 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Sorry, forgot a perception roll.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Pip moves to J 14, clears his throat and says "I have a couple of sunrods if we need to use those."

Sunrod: This 1-foot-long, gold-tipped, iron rod glows brightly when struck as a standard action. It sheds normal light in a 30-foot radius and increases the light level by one step for an additional 30 feet beyond that area (darkness becomes dim light and dim light becomes normal light). A sunrod does not increase the light level in normal light or bright light. It glows for 6 hours, after which the gold tip is burned out and worthless.


Initiative:
Kaylee
Kerret
Lorant
Pip
Vastar

  • Kaylee Moves and casts Light on Lorants shield.

  • Kerret moves to J-14. See description for Perception results.

  • Lorant moves to J-16. See description for Perception results.

  • Pip moves to J-14 and offers Sunrods.

  • Vastar casts Light on a stone.

    The large chamber contains a maze of pillars. Behind the door you find 3 brooms and some saddlebags.

Kerret's token is kind of covering up some of the images. Its no big deal. I just placed them on a higher layer so that everyone can see them.

Maps have been updated

Round 11 Begins Now


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 40/40 | AC 17/12/15 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"Someone check those bags to see what they have. I see something over here." Lorant moves off to the right to get a closer look.

Move to L-18 and investigate.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret opens the saddlebags and examines their contents.


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

I move into the room k16 to support Lorant and keep searching.

Pip, hold on to those sunrods. They might be useful if we have to light up a big room or something.


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Kaylee moves cautiously into the room. Pip, I'll take one of those. Sunrod in hand, she continues walking to I-17 and looks down the long hallway. Anything useful in those bags, Kerret? she asks.


Initiative:
Kaylee
Kerret
Lorant
Pip
Vastar

*Edit: Kaylee PM'd me immediately after the update saying that she meant to light the sunrod. Because the maps take a very long time to update, I'm only going to update Her map this round to show the lighting differences. The rest of you will see the changes next round. This does not change anything that has already taken place.

  • Kaylee takes a Sunrod from Pip and moves to I-17. Working off Kerret's light she cant see that far past her location.

  • Kerret opens the heavy saddlebags only to find that they are empty.
    Spoiler:
    There are a few feathers lying in the bottom of the large pouches. These are similar to the feathers that have been stuffed into the pillows you have found elsewhere.

  • Lorant moves to K-18 rather than L-18.
    Spoiler:
    There is no need to investigate as your movement is interrupted by a lever protruding from the floor in front of you.

  • Pip's hangover is not treating him so well. He needs a second to work off the sick feeling.

  • Vastar moves to K-16.
    Spoiler:
    From just around the corner you can see a lever coming from the floor. Lorant has halted his movement directly in front of it to prevent walking into it.

Sorry about going this long without an update guys. Our regular schedule is resumed starting now.

Maps have been updated

Round 12 Begins Now


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

"Don't anyone touch that lever! I'd like to take a closer look at it, maybe figure out what the heck it does. Don't want anything falling on our heads or dropping out from under us!" After his brief respite, Pip advances to the lever and checks the workings on it, looking it over carefully, trying to figure out if it is trapped, or is itself a trap.

detecting traps: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret shakes his head. Nothing but a few feathers, Lorant. The young man begins wandering through the pillars.

MoveJ16, I17 to I19

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 40/40 | AC 17/12/15 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant moves aside to let Pip take a look at the lever. He walks forward to explore more of the room, continuing to try to figure out where the wailing is coming from.

Move to K-20, then I-20, then I-21


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

"Well, I don't see any traps. This looks to be a locking mechanism of some type. I ran across many of these when I ran the streets of Absalom. Usually they locked or unlocked sewer grates or doors." Pip wipes the grime from his hands and advances to I-16.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

"I don't think it's a good idea for us to try to pull or push it until we've had a chance to explore a bit more."


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

I think I see something over here Kaylee says as she moves down the hallway to E-17. Looking back to check if anyone is following her before stepping over to E-19. perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Initiative:
Kaylee
Kerret
Lorant
Pip
Vastar

  • Kaylee Moves through the hallway. She looks back to see if anybody is following her but nobody is.

  • Kerret makes his way through the pillars. He sees nothing of importance.

  • Lorant:

    Reflex Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

    Lorant starts moving. As he steps the floor disappears beneath him at K-19. Luckily he is quick enough to avoid falling in. Standing before him is a pit 10 feet deep with many pillows covering the bottom not unlike the ones previously discovered in the crypt. It looks as though they were placed there to soften the fall.

  • Pip moves to I-16. Pip, I sent you a PM.

  • Vastar remains motionless this round.

Maps have been updated

Round 13 Begins Now


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

"Everyone stop!" Pip yells as he moves to I-18. "There is something here!"

He takes out his thieves tool kit as he crouches and studies the trap his trained eye picked out.

disable device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Kaylee pauses right where she is until Pip gives the word that it is safe to move again. Seeing Kerret down the hallway, she asks him, Kerret, what did he find?


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 40/40 | AC 17/12/15 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant instinctively grabs the nearby pillar as the floor beneath him vanishes. Luckily not all of his weight had been on that foot. Pip shouts just as he's staring down into the pit of pillows. "Um, yeah. I nearly fell into a pit over here. But it's got pillows at the bottom! Not exactly deadly." Regaining his balance, he waits until he hears more from Pip.


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Pip? Lorant Is this the unquiet dead? Or is this the mayor's tricks?

Concerned, I make a small appeal to Erastil and cast detect magic and begin to scan the area around me.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

I can't see much from here Kaylee, but it sounds like Lorant almost fell into a pit.

Kerret calls out to Pip, Do you think that lever might lock any more of those pits from opening? Maybe you should pull it!

Kerret stays put, not wanting to fall into any pits himself.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 40/40 | AC 17/12/15 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"Somehow I don't so, Vastar. I doubt skeletons would be so kind as to put pillows at the bottom of a fall. This seems more like something our friends would do. But where did the skeletons come from? I'm not sure"


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

"You might be right Kerret! There is a sliding floor panel over here. I'm going to pull the lever, hopefully that locks these panels in place!" Pip yells back. He moves back to the lever and pulls it.


Initiative:
Kaylee
Kerret
Lorant
Pip
Vastar

  • Kaylee takes caution and stays still.

  • Kerret also stays in place to avoid falling.

  • Lorant follows suit with Kaylee & Kerret.

  • Abandoning his actions to disable the trap, Pip moves beside Lorant and pulls the lever. An audible *click* chimes out from the lower East side of the room.

  • Vastar casts Detect Magic. Vastar, I have PM'd you the result.

    Maps have been updated

    Round 14 Begins Now


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Has anyone got any chalk or charcoal? We could mark where was safe.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

I've got some chalk! Give me a minute.

Kerret casts Detect Magic once more and then dips into his belt pouch and pulls out three pieces of chalk.

Good thinking Vastar.


Interesting idea guys. This is something that can easily be placed on the map. Let me know exactly which squares you are marking and what the patterns look like and I'll add the lines with map updates.


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Is it safe to move over here? Kaylee asks no one in particular. She carefully takes a five foot step to E-18 and then moves over to E-20 unless someone says not to move yet.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 40/40 | AC 17/12/15 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"Pip, let us know when it's safe. I heard a click over there when you pulled the lever." He points to the southeast.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Pip heads back over to I-18 to test the panel, by placing some of his weight on one foot.

Let me know if I need to roll an acrobatics or some kind of skill check.


Initiative:
Kaylee
Kerret
Lorant
Pip
Vastar

  • Kaylee Steps over to E-18 and looks in between the pillars and beyond. Her eyes have adjusted to the dark really well and she can see with the precision of a Dwarf underground. She then moves to E-20 and does the same. Kaylee I have sent you a PM

  • Kerret casts detect magic and retrieves some chalk from his belongings.

  • Lorant stands his ground until its safe.

  • Pip, as soon as you let go of the lever it automatically returns to its prior position. The *click* sound can be heard once again to the south east of the room.

    Pip, I'm going to stop your action here for the round. If you'd like to follow through with your posted actions let me know and they will resolve before the round is up. In doing so I will need either an Acrobatics Check or a Reflex Save. If you choose not to follow through just post your next round actions.

  • Vastar stays in place.

Maps have been updated

Round 15 Begins Now


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 40/40 | AC 17/12/15 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"You got any more chalk, Kerret? We all know the squares we're standing in are good. We could mark those and keep Pip from checking the same square twice."


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret kneels down and makes a large X in chalk on the flagstone beneath him and then reaches out and slams the butt of his spear into the stone directly to the east (I20) with one hand, while holding onto the adjacent pillar (J19) with the other

If the floor does not give way into another pit, he attempts the same with the next stone to the south (J20) after marking another large X on the safe stone.

I do Lorant, but I can't see any of you guys right now! Where is everyone?


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Hey, Kerret, we turned right when we came into this chamber! We're near the entrance still!
I call out to Kerret, so that he can reach us. Then move back around I17 to find him.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

"I think Lorant is right about the lever. It must be the locking mechanism for the door. Plus I think I got it! IF I'm right, the floor panels at J-18, J-20, H21, and G-19 all have a similar pattern, very lightly etched on them and they are similar to the one that was at K-19! Could these be the trap panels?" Pip moves to inspect J-18 and then moves to inspect J-20 to see if he is correct.

detect traps: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 = 14


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Kaylee takes a step over to E-19. Pip, I see another trap around the corner from me with a another lever about ten feet away from it. Maybe each pit has a lever to lock it? If she still sees Kerret down the hallway, she will walk up to him (H-19). I wish I had thought of bringing some chalk, Kerret. May I borrow a piece?


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret will hand a piece of chalk to Kaylee with a smile.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 40/40 | AC 17/12/15 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant waits for Pip to inspect the tiles near him.


Initiative:
Kaylee
Kerret
Lorant
Pip
Vastar

  • Kaylee turns down the hall to collect chalk from Kerret. Half way down @G-19 she triggers a pit trap and falls 10 feet onto a pile of pillows conveniently located at the bottom of the pit.

    Nonlethal Fall Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

    Kaylee, I also sent you a PM.

  • Kerret leans down and makes a large "X" at his feet. He then tests the area around him with his spear. He reveals a pit @J-20 and then marks all safe spaces around it.

  • Lorant waits for Pip.

  • Pip, I'm again holding your action because Kerret uncovered the pit you were going to investigate. You may post a new action for the round if you'd like. Please be specific with your movement and give coordinates so I know which path you're taking.

  • Vastat moves to I-17.

Maps have been updated

Round 16 Begins Now


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kaylee! Kerret shouts out. Are you ok?

The young man moves forward (5' step to H19) and lowers the butt end of his longspear into the pit.

Are you hurt badly? Can you climb out?

Aid Another (Climb): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12

Vastar! Lorant! Come quick, she's hurt very badly! I think she's unconscious!


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 40/40 | AC 17/12/15 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"Kaylee?!" Lorant turns to Pip. "Sorry, I think this way of checking the squares will be quicker." He draws his sword and uses it to test the square in front of him.

Draw sword. Test J-18


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

I follow Kerret to H19 and if Kaylee is unconscious I climb into the padded pit to help her: climb 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (18) - 3 = 15

If succesful, I pray deeply to Erastil Use my Calming Touch to heal 1d6 non-lethal 1d6 ⇒ 4 to heal Kaylee


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Kaylee slowly comes to as Vastar's healing takes effect. Owww she complains softly as she rubs her bottom. Feeling something hard within the pillows, she reaches into them and pulls out a small chest. Opening it, she shows Vastar and Kerret the 5PP and note inside before reading it. "three to open, but be quick, for the door will only open for those who work together"... It sounds like a clue! Kaylee then tosses the chest up to Kerret and waits for him to ready himself as she slowly tries climbing up out of the pit. Thank you, Vastar, I'm grateful that we have another healer on this adventure. she says once they have both climbed out.

May I take 10 on this climb check? She will climb out onto G-20 and wait for Vastar to get out next.

301 to 350 of 1,280 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DougFungus' Crypt of the Everflame All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.