Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DougFungus' Crypt of the Everflame (Inactive)

Game Master DougFungus

The Crypt where Ekat Kassen was laid to rest has become an important part of the town's history. This year a group of hand selected individuals have been chosen to venture to the crypt and retrieve the Everflame in time for the autumn celebration.


201 to 250 of 1,280 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Well it's not too much better but I'll give it a try Kaylee says after deciding which way to get down. Before starting though, she loosely ties her donkey to a tree that looks to provide the most shelter from the rain. Looping a rope around a tree as a safety line, she repels slowly down the side of the cliff.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 plus whatever bonuses for moving at half speed and using rope.


Kaylee grips her rope tightly as she starts descending the gorge. She moves slowly and cautiously. The rope is a huge help for balance. The cold wet rain makes everything muddy and slippery though. Without warning, Kaylee looses her footing a short way down.

Kaylee Reflex Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Suddenly, Kaylee slides down a short hill before slamming into a tree. She catches herself but is left with a bruise from the impact.

Nonlethal Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Kaylee, you may roll your next Acrobatics check when ready.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret gulps, Well, I guess we should give it a shot. Besides, Kaylee looks hurt down there. Lorant, would you put those caltrops of mine from the cart into your gear bundle? And maybe the whetstone too? Who knows if they'll come in handy later.

Kerret hobbles the horses in a spot with good grazing after unhitching the wagon and then begins to pick his way down the gorge.

Using longspear as a walking staff, point down, and digging the point into the earth to help stabilize me. Moving at quarter speed, and always securing the spear below me before moving down again.

GM:
If Kerret falls, he will drop his spear and use his Claws bloodline ability (free action) to slow/stop his descent.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant calls out to Kaylee after seeing her fall. "Kaylee, are you ok?" He finds a sturdy looking tree and ties the gear to it, allowing it hang down 30 feet. Then he uses that rope as a guide to help himself slowly walk down.

Quarter speed, using the rope as a guide.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


  • Kerret starts his descent. It is not easy but he manages to keep himself on track without slipping or falling.

    Kerret, you may roll a second Acrobatics check when ready.

  • Lorant uses his rope with gear tied to the end to stabilize himself and yet he still manages to slip.

    Lorant Reflex Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

    Lorant slides the full length of the rope and catches himself on the bundle of gear tied to the bottom. Sticks and rocks make for a rough ride on the way down.

    Nonlethal Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Lorant, you may roll a second Acrobatics check when ready.

Is the dice roller all over the place today or what!? Thank gods its rolling high for your Reflex Saves.


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Scratching my head, I watch the rest of the gang descending and wonder how it's going to work out for me.

I shrug and watch Lorant heading down: Lorant, once you're down I'll use your rope!


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant crashes into a tree where the gear had fallen. He winces in pain and his leg is twisted under him. Luckily, the leg isn't broken. Standing, he calls back up the slope. "Be careful Vastar! I'll hold the gear here for you. Then Pip can untie the rope and toss it down."

Wait for Vastar to make it down to me and then for Pip to untie the rope.


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

I'm fine! Kaylee grits her teeth as she gets back on her feet. Seeing Lorant fall down after her causes her to laugh at the predicament that they found themselves in. Erastil will have his hands full keeping us safe at this rate, right Vastar? After waiting for the rest of the group to begin their decent she continues on, this time moving even slower.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10 plus bonuses for moving quarter speed and using rope.


Kaylee proceeds without incident over the next stretch.

Kaylee, I need 1 more Acrobatics check from you in order to reach the bottom.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret continues to pick his way carefully down the the slope.

Same plan of attack, including previous spoiler

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Kerret trips...

Kerret Reflex Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

He begins quickly sliding toward the bottom of the gorge. Kerret drops his spear and his hands transform into powerful reptilian claws. He grabs at anything he can effectively slowing his descent, but he is moving too quickly. Kerret slides through a pair of thickets before landing at the bottom on some hard rocks.

Damage: 1d6 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3

Kerret is at the bottom and will not need to make any more checks.


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Moving very slowly and deliberately, I shimmy down the rope.

acrobatics: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

So far, so good Kaylee keeps repeating to herself as she slowly makes her way to the bottom of the gorge. She's taken aback by Kerret's sudden transformation and wonders to herself just what other surprises is he capable of.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Vastar makes his way safely.

Vastar, please roll another check.

Kaylee makes it all the way to the bottom without any further issues.

Kaylee is at the bottom and will not need to make any further checks.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

When Pip unties the rope, Lorant pulls the free end down to him, reties it and lowers the bundle of gear down again. Then he uses the rope to guide himself down the slippery slope.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret hobbles over to his spear and gathers it up. His claws retract quickly once he reaches the bottom of the gorge. He is obviously scraped and scratched and slightly worse for wear. Spear once more in hand, he makes his way over to Kaylee but does not give voice to any complaints.


Lorant is very successful.

Lorant, you need 1 more check to make it to the bottom.

Vastar, you need 2 more checks to make it to the bottom unless you fail a reflex save and fall the rest of the way down.

Pip, if you don't show up by the time the last person is on the ground I will roll for you. You may roll all 3 Acrobatics checks at once to catch up with everyone and ill just resolve them all together.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant will wait for Vastar to get down to his level and for Pip to untie the rope again. Then he retires the rope, and tries to make his way down the final portion of the slope.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

acrbatics twice
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13


Lorant and Vastar pass all remaining checks and make it to the bottom safely.

Pip's Acrobatics Checks:
Acrobatics Check #1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Acrobatics Check #2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Acrobatics Check #3: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Pip unties the rope for Lotant and makes his way down the gorge. The terrain is no obstacle for Pip as he makes the whole trek with ease.

The party finally arrives at the bottom. The whole ordeal took about an hour in the end.

XP Award: 100XP/Person

Not too far away you can make out an archway of stone set into the side of a small hill at the bottom of the valley. Moss has overgrown many of the details, but one is still quite clear. The keystone of the arch is carved with a flame symbol with a stylized rune in the middle. Beyond the archway is a darkened tunnel that leads to a pair of massive wooden doors, one of which is slightly ajar. As you approach you find a pair of horses and a trio of ponies lie slaughtered next to the archway, each corpse still tied to a post set into the ground nearby. A swarm of flies hangs lazily in the air above them.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Swallowing back the bile building in his throat Pip says through a handkerchief "Ugh...can anyone tell how long they've been dead or what killed them?"


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"What in the world?" Lorant looks at the others. "The townsfolk wouldn't do this."

Sensing danger, Lorant unties his backpack and puts on his armor again.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret looks around, keeping watch behind the group. What could have done this? More wolves?

GM:
Do I recognize any of these horses / ponies as belonging to townsfolk?

Knowledge(Local): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 untrained


Kerret:
Excellent question. As a matter of fact you do. These are all Horses and Ponies that would be recognizable from the town of Kassen.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret looks back at the horses and ponies and says I think I've seen some of those animals in town. I don't like the looks of this. If this was done to the animals, what happened to the townsfolk?

He chants arcane words, and his spear-tip now glows with bright light.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant steps closer to the dead animals. He looks for what he hopes not to find. Dead bodies among the animals, or any signs of the riders.

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


Beneath one of the horses Lorant discovers a skeletal hand poking out.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"There's someone under one of the horses!" Lorant moves to push the horse off, but he stops and steps back. "Wait. That hand.... It's just bone."

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Yeah. Made it a good one, alright.


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Kaylee couldn't stand to look at the poor animals for too long. And she definitely didn't want to think about whose bones were trapped beneath the corpses. We need to find the villagers before its too late! Coming up to the door, she gripped her spear in hand ready to defend herself against whatever comes at them.

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Sorry Lorant, I got the good initiative roll. At least that means I'll be first to cast that cure spell on you


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Um, you first Lorant, we'll... cover you.

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"Hold on. Maybe we can figure out what happened. Vastar, do you know what might have done this?"

Lorant slowly moves around the horse corpse with his shield up. He tries to see more of the skeletal hand and what it might be attached to.

If no one stops him or he can't determine by just looking, he's going to try to move the horse off the body.


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Holding my hand over my mouth, I examine the corpses:
heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5
Lorant Pelus wrote:

"Hold on. Maybe we can figure out what happened. Vastar, do you know what might have done this?"

Lorant slowly moves around the horse corpse with his shield up. He tries to see more of the skeletal hand and what it might be attached to.

Lorant! Wait! That hand is all bone, no flesh. Let me try something.

Kerret takes steady aim as he points his finger at the inanimate, skeletal hand.

Crunchy:
Taking a full round to line up for +5 to hit an object
Cast disrupt undead on the skeletal hand
ranged touch: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
positive energy: 1d6 ⇒ 6


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

The wave of nausea having passed, Pip steadies himself and prepares to follow the others in the hopes of helping any survivors.

initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Kerrets spell has no effect.

There is not enough of the body sticking out from underneath the horse to get a proper analasys. Lorant moves the horse off the body in order for Vastar to examine it.

Vastar:
This skeleton was at one point re-animated. It has since then ceased to be. The skeleton has many pieces broken off of it and has been severely damaged. Your best judgment call would be that it was trampled by the horse that was laying on top of it.

Moving the horse reveals a pack with some supplies in it. Inside you find 2 days trail rations, a pair of large comfortable pillows, a quiver containing 10 blunt arrows and 2 pints of lamp oil.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret picks up one of the pillows and squeezes it, trying to determine what it's stuffed with.

What do you think, Vastar? What happened here?


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant picks up the packs and checks it. He pulls out some of the rations, but he can't quite bring himself to add the rations of a dead man to his own. Instead he buckles the pack to the outside of his own. He does, place the lamp oil inside his pack however.


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

I say a prayer of hope over the skeleton.

That body was brought back from the dead, it has since been destroyed again and now its soul is free once again.

I pause, peering into the still light of the day: There is something very wrong here, why would the long dead rise again at Kassen's tomb? And where have they come from?

As I finish speaking I peer uncertaintly at the tomb entrance.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"Well, whoever rode the horses here might be inside. I don't like the sound of this, but I think we have to go into the tomb."

Lorant approaches the tomb entrance and slowly swings the door all the way open so they can see into the tomb.


Ok, pause here guys. I need the map right now and I won't he able to upload it until later tonight. You can continue to talk but as of right now you are in combat. Please don't take any further actions until instructed. Thanks.


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Kaylee says a quick prayer for the fallen dead and for the safety of the villagers still inside. I agree with Lorant she says, standing behind him at the door.


The wooden doors that open onto the first chamber of the crypt are unlocked, but very heavy. As the doors swing open, the faint light from outside reveals a long chamber with risen platforms on either side. A faded painting of Kassen is on the far wall. The room appears to be the site of a gruesome battle, with two bodies piled in the center and a number of skeletons scattered around. An echoing wail can be heard somewhere in the distance, beyond this foul chamber. Unless mentioned otherwise, the crypt is unlit. Ceilings are 15 feet high and all the surfaces are made of stone. The walls are decorated with a scrolling pattern of villagers fighting off masked bandits and monsters. This artwork is still in relatively good condition, although water damage and lichen have taken their toll. The stench of mold and rot hangs heavy in the air.

Reminder:
Remember, we are in combat now. You are limited only to actions that you can take during combat. I am going to be very strict about specifics now that we are in the crypt.

Round 1 Begins Now

I don't have time to work out the initiative order right now. You may begin posting turns and I will work things out by the end of this turn.

Maps have been updated


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant opens the door and sees the carnage inside the crypt. "Mother's milk! What happened here?" He steps inside the doorway to get a closer look.

Actions:

5 foot step south. I'll hold the rest of my actions for now, as I think things will start moving.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Whatever it was, I don't think we're in for any charming pranks today. Well, I think I'll be rid of this thing anyway, I'm no good with it after all.

Kerret drops his spear and takes a 5 foot step to the south. He mutters a brief incantation, and the light that formerly illuminated his spear now shines forth from Lorant's shield.

Crunch:
Drop Longspear at A 11, 5' step to B 11, cast light on Lorant's shield.


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Kaylee takes a moment to whisper her incantation for protection, her fox's eyes flashing briefly as he hops out of his carry sack to walk beside her. Oh no, this can not be good.

She takes a few steps into the tomb, wondering and also not wanting to know who was killed in this fight. The sound of the distant wail makes her skin crawl. She wants to be cautious but she also wants to hurry up and save whoever is left. She peers around the room intently looking for any signs of a threat.

Actions:
Cast mage armor, move action to D 12. perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

KERRET'S REVISED ACTIONS

Kerret points out with his spear. Those ones look a bit too lively for my taste, let's see how they like this!

Kerret calls upon his sorcerous powers and sends glowing energy towards the skeleton that hovers over the white-clad corpse.

Actions:

Cast disrupt undead on the skeleton at G12.

Ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 hopefully vs. flat-footed AC
Positive energy damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Once his spell is cast, Kerret takes his spear in both hands and prepares to use it should any of the shambling corpses come within it's ten-foot range.


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Erastil preserve us!
I draw my bow and shoot at the far creature in G9

attack 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
damage 1d8 ⇒ 6


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

After Lorant steps forward, he sees the form of a skeleton around the corner. "Watch out! There's one right here!" He tries to slam it with his shield, as he draws his sword.

Actions:

From my map, I believe I can see the edge of another skeleton in D10. He probably gets cover from me.
Move Action: Draw sword
Standard Action: Slam with his shield.
Shield 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Pip is hanging back behind his larger companions, waiting for an opportunity to blend into the shadows and get a sneak attack in.


Initiative:

Kaylee
Skeleton 4
Kerret
Skeleton 6
Lorant
Skeleton 3
Skeleton 5
Pip
Skeleton 1
Seleton 2
Vastar

  • Kaylee casts Mage Armor and moves in to have a better look. There are 6 Skeletons in the room before her. They all close in to attack.

  • Skeleton 4 moves in and attacks Kaylee as she steps into the door.

    Attack, Broken Scimitar: 1d20 ⇒ 1 miss

  • Kerret sees Skeleton 4 advancing at Kaylee and is quick to put a stop to it using positive energy. The attack is a success. The skeleton falls into a heap of bones at Kaylee's feet.

  • Skeleton 6 moves forward and also tries to attack Kaylee.

    Attack, Broken Scimitar: 1d20 ⇒ 15 hit

    Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

    The skeleton's attack is successful.

  • Lorant comes to Kaylee's side and bashes the Skeleton 6 head off. Skeleton 6 collapses to the floor.

  • Skeleton 3 steps over the bones of Skeleton 4 (the one at Kaylee's feet) and swings its crude broken scimitar at Kaylee.

    Attack, Broken Scimitar: 1d20 ⇒ 8 miss

    Skeleton 3 trips over the bones lying on the floor and misses.

  • Skeleton 5 moves up to Lorant from across the room and swings.

    Attack, Broken Scimitar: 1d20 ⇒ 19 hit

    Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

    Skeleton 5 is standing on the remains of Skeleton 6.

  • Pip holds his position as he watches Lorant and Kaylee deal with the funneling undead.

  • Skeleton 1 moves to E-11

  • Skeleton 2 moves to E-12

  • Vastar raises his bow and shoots into the action. His arrow misses any target and lodges itself into the painting at the back of the room.

Summary:

Skeleton 4 Drops
Skeleton 6 Drops
Kaylee takes 5 Damage
Lorant takes 1 Damage

The 2 tokens directly in front of Vastar and Kaylee are both stacked on top of 2 other tokens (the currently defeated Skeletons). It may only look like there are 4 Skeletons on the map but there are 6. I realize this might be difficult to see for you which is why I wanted to make a note of it. Remember, if something dies I will place a skull on it. Everything you see is currently standing.

Maps have been updated

Round 2 Begins Now

201 to 250 of 1,280 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DougFungus' Crypt of the Everflame All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.