Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DougFungus' Crypt of the Everflame (Inactive)

Game Master DougFungus

The Crypt where Ekat Kassen was laid to rest has become an important part of the town's history. This year a group of hand selected individuals have been chosen to venture to the crypt and retrieve the Everflame in time for the autumn celebration.


101 to 150 of 1,280 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

  • Pip waves the Masterwork Shortsword around and lifts a coin pouch from the corpse.

    Pip, I PM'd you the details of your find. Please make sure somebody adds them to the inventory somewhere.

  • Kerret moves into the bushes to look for fire wood. Among the dead fall he finds a neatly piled stack of firewood that somebody had gathered there before. Kerret picks up a full armload.

    Kerret, your arms are currently full with fire wood.

  • Lorant moves to watch the cart so that Vastar can have a chance to examine the body.

  • Kaylee examines the corpse in an effort to determine just what happened here.

    Kaylee, I PM'd you your findings.

  • Vastar examines the body along with Kaylee.

    Vastar, I PM'd you your findings.

Maps have been updated.

Round 10 begins now.


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Very odd, I think this fellow has been poisoned: see the staining around his lips and the waxy texture of his skin. Razmiran as well, very mysterious and a long way from home.
I peer around at the gloaming dark.
I don't think this is a trick from anyone back home. This could be a murder.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

"Poor fellow." Pip says as he hefts the coin purse in one hand. [b]"I'd say there is about 44gp in this thing...our friend Razmiran here has been generous enough to donate it to our cause...shall we split it up now?"[b/]


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"A murder, but not a robbery if he still has his coin and that sword. And using poison probably means his attacker was no where near here when he died. I wonder what he did to someone that they would poison him."

Lorant helps Kerret start the fire.

Are we using the old fire pit?


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret brings the bundle of wood to the old fire pit and works with Lorant to start the fire. Poison? That doesn't sound very good. I wonder if he was the one who bound up this wood. Maybe we should say a few words for him, Pharasma judge him justly. I've no objection to making use of his coin and sword. He certainly cannot, but we should thank him for the aid he has provided to us, even if he doesn't know it.

Double move to the old fire pit. Drop wood as a free action.


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Erastil commends us all to serve the community, claim his gear and pay him due respect.
I look over the body thoughtfully: I'm not entirely sure about Razmiran burial rites. If I can't remember we'll give him a burial Old Deadeye would approve of.

knowledge(religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

It would be difficult to bury him without a shovel... does anyone have one? If not, maybe we could create a funeral pyre. She walks back to the wagon to see if there is one inside, and also to retrieve her fox who shakes his head with a yawn as he awakens.


  • Vastar peers around in the dark while he thinks to himself.

    Vastar, I sent you a PM with the results.

  • Pip fondles the coins with amusement.

  • Kerret moves to the firepit and drops the wood on it.

  • Lorant lights the fire.

  • Kaylee walks over to the wagon to look for supplies.

Starting this round we will start to unlock the power of individual maps. If you do not post coordinates with your move action you will remain stationary until coordinates are posted.

Maps have been updated

Round 11 Begins Now.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Wolves! Kerret shouts out. Wolves in the woods! It's time to get that shield of yours out Lorant!

Kerret steps out from behind the big man as he unslings his crossbow and fires a bolt toward the nearest animal.

Crunch:

Draw crossbow as a move action, 5' step to BE 61, attacking the wolf at BI 53
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

GM:

Here's a concentration check on my detect magic in case you want one.
Concentration: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Where? Kaylee tries to see where Kerret's bolt flew off to. Taking a few steps closer, 5 foot step to AZ56 she decides not to doubt his words and casts mage armor upon herself. Standard action: Cast mage armor Adjusting her grip on her spear she stands back into her familiar stance doing her best not to get bitten. total defense is also a standard action, so if she can't do that this round she will begin next round. Current AC is 15, 19 if you include total defense.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant looks up from the fire when Kerret shouts. He sees the three dark forms moving among the trees and drops his torch. "Wolves to the west! Get together, everyone!"

Lorant steps toward the trees and draws his sword and shield, hoping to get the wolves to focus on him.

Actions:

5' step to BE58. Draw sword and shield. Ready an attack if a wolf gets within range.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Pip falls into a defensive crouch, draws the masterwork short sword and tries to blend in with the trees.

crunchy:
Pip moves 20' to AT62 and attempts to be stealthy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16.


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

I move toward the gang double move to Ay57.


DM Screen:
We will now be taking turns based on initiative because of combat.

Pip Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Vastar Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Lorant Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Kerret Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Kaylee Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Wolf1 Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Wolf2 Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Wolf3 Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Turn Order:

Vastar
Wolf 2
Kerret
Lorant
Kaylee
Wolf 1
Pip
Wolf 3

To prevent Metagaming, please do not read a spoiler tab if its not meant for your character in this post. I will post everything in spoilers here to avoid coordinating turns via PM.

  • Vastar rushes over to beside Kaylee.

  • Wolf 2:

    Lorant & Kerret:
    The wolf appears to be startled by your presence. It turns around and darts back into the darkness of the bushes.

    Kaylee, Vastar & Pip:
    A wolf appears out of the darkness of the bushes to the east side of the cart. It keeps its head low while observing its surroundings.

  • Kerret fires a bolt at Wolf 3.

    Kerret & Lorant:
    The arrow misses. The wolf locks eyes with Kerret. Showing its teeth it growls in response.

  • Lorant takes a few steps closer to the tree line while simultaneously drawing his Sword and Shield. He is ready for any Wolf that comes near him.

  • Kaylee see's Kerrets bolt fly into the general area surrounding BI-53. She casts Mage Armor.

    I'm sorry, you cant take 2 standard actions in 1 round.

  • Wolf 1 moves to Lorant and attacks.

    Lorant your ready action will kick in now. Make your attack in a separate post and I will resolve the rest before next round.

  • Pip moves to the tree line and attempts to hide.

    Link
    Pip are you applying any bonuses or penalties to your Stealth roll for moving at full speed or for size? It doesn't look to me like your taking the -5 for taking a full move. I don't know if you have factored in the +4 for your size either.

    Opposed Perception checks:

    Wolf 2 Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

    Wolf 1 Perception (-10 Combat Distraction): 1d20 + 8 - 10 ⇒ (1) + 8 - 10 = -1

    It looks like they're both focused on other things.

  • Wolf 3 moves at Kerret in response to his attack.

    Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 miss

Maps have been updated.

Round 12 Begins Now.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret stumbles backwards as he puts the fire between him and the slavering wolf. Oh gods! It means to eat me! he shouts and then steels himself before chanting out strange words in a voice that reverberates with power.

Crunch:

5' step to BE 59
Drop Crossbow
Cast burning hands with Spell Specialization feat covering area BE 60 and BD 61, BE 61, BF 61.

Fire Damage: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2, 4) + 3 = 12
DC 17 Reflex save for 1/2 damage

Pick up Crossbow move action


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Woah, Kerret!

I register my shock at Kerret's display and then gather myself quickly and pronounce a hopeful prayer to Erastil, which weave through the night sky, filling my fellows with confidence.

Casting Bless Everyone has +1 to all attacks and to saves against fear.

Then I ready my bow again, recognising that I will need to stand my ground and protect the horses.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Readied Action

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

If the wolf dies:

Lorant spins around and sees flames engulf a wolf standing in front of Kerret. The fire shoots from his fingertips. "Kerret, what... Ok. Good."

He looks around and sees a wolf moving behind Kaylee. "Kaylee! Behind you!" He sprints toward the midwife, running right by her. He stops near the wolf and braces himself for its teeth.

Double move through AZ56 to AX54

If wolf is not dead:

Lorant swings his sword down at the wolf and then tries to slam it with his shield as well.

Sword 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5, Shield 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6, 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Lorant Pelus wrote:

Readied Action

[dice=Attack]1d20+4
[dice=Damage]1d8+3

  • Its a hit. The wolf is still standing and able to fight back.


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Kaylee readies her spear to strike as soon as she sees the wolf charging against either herself or the good man Vastor next to her. ready attack against the wolf to the left on the map if it attacks. Coordinates are too small for me to see on my phone

attack:
1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Sticking to the shadows of the trees, Pip works his way to AV 58, keeping his eyes on the wolf (at AX 53).


I just realized I forgot to make the Wolf's attack against Lorant.

Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 miss


  • Vastar casts Bless and guards the Horses.

  • Wolf 2 slips into the shadows and disappears into the darkness.

  • Kerret puts the fire pit between himself and Wolf 3 and drops his crossbow to the ground. He mutters a few magic words while gesturing and shoots forth fire from his hands through the fire pit and engulfs the Wolf.

    Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 fail

    The Wolf's fur burns off in near entirety exposing burn marks covering its body.

    Kerret, it's not possible to take a move action and a 5' step in the same round (Link) You do not pick up your crossbow this round.

  • Lorant swings his sword at Wolf 1 but misses. He comes back around with his shield this time and bludgeons the Wolf. Wolf 1 is hurt but still standing.

  • Kaylee prepares herself against Wolf 2 in the event that it pops out of the darkness.

  • Wolf 1 attempts to bite Lorant again...

    Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 miss

    ...and misses.

  • Pip keeps to the cover of the trees.

    Pip:
    You can make out a feint shadow moving around the hill. You know the Wolf has not left the area.

  • Wolf 3 is in pain and is angry. It moves around the fire pit and attacks Kerret.

    Bite: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 crit

    Confirmation Roll: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 wtf?

    Damage: 1d6 + 1d6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + (3) + 1 + 1 = 7

    Trip Attempt: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 success

    The Wolf bites Kerret HARD and forces him to the ground.

Maps have been updated

Round 13 Begins Now


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Vastor! Kerret's in trouble! Please be careful while I heal him. Kaylee moves quickly to Kerret's side, taking care to keep a little distance between the wolves. Holding her hand above his wounds she gently chants what seems to be a lullaby. There is a warm glow as his wounds begin to fade.

cure light wounds:
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Holy crap, super wolf.

Lorant hears Kerret cry out behind him and he sees the burned wolf take him to the ground. He turns back to the wolf in front of him. He swings his sword and then tries to slam his shield into the wolf's jaws.

Attack:

Sword 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5, Shield 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 1 = 14
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5, 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Deadeye preserve us!

I shoot for the wolf standing over Kerret

attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret grits his teeth through the pain as his breathing comes in heavy gasps. He knows that the wolf's bite has nearly killed him and he summons all his mental resolve for one final try against the creature.

Concentration: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 vs. DC 17 to defensively cast burning hands

Fire Damage: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 2, 1) + 3 = 10
DC 17 Reflex save for half

covering area BF 60-62, BG 60 & 61, and BH 60

If the wolf perishes from that attack, Kerret will stand up.

hp:1/8 (4/8 once Kaylee's clw takes effect)


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

As Pip moves to cover Vastar's and Kaylee's back move to AY 55, he yells to the others. "Watch your backs! The other wolf looks to be going around the hill!"


  • Vastar shoots Wolf 3 and hits. The Wolf yelps as it drops unconscious to the ground and starts bleeding out.

    *First actual kill for the game.

    Wolf 2 runs in from the shadows and charges Pip while trying to bite.

    Bite Attack/Charge: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 + 2 = 18 hit

    Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

    Trip Attempt: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 success

    Location is AV-57

  • Kerret, your target is currently bleeding out. If you'd like you may modify your actions in a new post and it will resolve before next round. If not I'll just have you stand up as posted.

  • Lorant, again misses with his sword but connects his shield with the Wolf's jaw knocking it unconscious.

  • Kaylee, please reference this post.Please post your coordinates in a new post and I will finish your turn.

  • DM Screen:
    Wolf 1 Stabilization Check: 1d20 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 2 - 1 = 20 pass

  • Pip, you are un-able to perform your posted action because you have been tripped. Please revise your turn in a new post and it will resolve before next turn.

  • DM Screen:
    Wolf 3 Stabilization Check: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 2 - 4 = 9 fail

    Wolf 3 dies from its injuries.

Because there are so many pending actions this round I'm going to hold off on posting maps until everything is wrapped up.

Kaylee, Pip and maybe Kerret please fix your actions for this turn.

Everyone may begin posting actions for round 14 to stay on track with our schedule.


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

My apologies, Kaylee moves to BD-59 staying more than 5 feet from the wolf at BE-57 and casting CLW.

Round 14 action

Kaylee is dismayed to see the wolf bleeding out to death in front of Kerret. She moves close to it, gently running her hands through its fur. Whispering to the powers that be, she produced a spell to stop the flow of blood. Forgive us... she whispers to it as she turns to help Kerret of the ground and turn towards Pip.

Crunch:
move action to BF-59, casts stabilize


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Round 14

Lorant breathes heavily after taking down the wolf, but he suddenly realizes they're not out of danger yet. He sees Pip go down with a wolf tearing at him. "Pip! Hang on!" He rushes over to take on the wolf himself.

I don't think I can charge it, so just double move to AW57.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

"Ahh!!! Help! Pip screams as he falls to the ground. AV-57 in case any of my party cares to help.


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

I wheel about in response to Pip's cry but stay near the horses and attempt to shoot the wolf that is threatening him.

attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Restating Round 13 actions in light of events.

Kerret breathes a sigh of relief and gets shakily to his feet after seeing Vastar's arrow buried deep into the now-dead wolf. As he hears Pip's screams, and sees that Lorant has already finished off his wolf and is moving to help, Kerret leaves his crossbow on the ground and moves forward after gratefully smiling at Kaylee for her timely healing.

Don't worry Pip! We're coming!

Stand up from prone, Move to AZ 56

Round 14:

Kerret takes aim and releases a ray of blue energy at the wolf that has attacked Pip.

Ray of Frost: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7 vs. Touch AC
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

He then moves out of harms way.

Move to BA 58


Kaylee, I don't have the map in front of me right now but I know the wolf that's beside Kerret is dead-dead. The one that Lorant wacked with his shield is still alive but bleeding out. Did you mean to stabilize that one?

Lorant Pelus wrote:
I don't think I can charge it, so just double move to AW57.

Again, no map right now, but if memory serves correct I think you might be in charging distance assuming there are no obstacles. Did you want to make an attack roll just in case?


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Pip stays on the ground and goes into a total defense posture. "Uh..guys?!?! A little help over here!" it is obvious that Pip is not thrilled with is current predicament.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

I think I would have to pass through someone's square to get to the wolf, but please double check me.

If I can charge:
Power Attack+Charge
1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 2 = 16
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

-2AC this round


round 13 Conclusion:

  • Kaylee, moves to Kerret and casts Cure Light Wounds.

  • Kerret stands up and moves to help Pip.

  • Pip Turtles up to protect himself from the Wolf.

    Round 13 maps are now posted to Skydrive.

    Round 14:

  • Vastar 5' steps and shoots his bow at Wolf 2. The arrow hits and the wolf lets out a yelp.

    Vastar I added a 5' step to your actions to make room for Lorant's charge. I hope you don't mind.

  • Wolf 2 makes another bite attempt at Pip.

    Bite Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 Hit

    Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

  • Kerret shoots his ray at Wolf 2 but misses. He then moves behind the Horses.

  • Lorant charge attacks Wolf 2 with a little help from the DM and cuts it down with his sword. Wolf 2 falls over and starts bleeding out.

    The Victory song from Final Fantasy II (American Version) plays in the background. The party has officially won combat.

  • Kaylee moves beside Wolf 3 and casts Stabilize. Unfortunatly the Wolf has already passed on. The spell has no effect.

  • Wolf 1 lays unconscious where Lorant dropped it.

  • With the threat gone Pip stands up.

End of Combat. Round 14 maps have been posted to Skydrive.

XP Award: 100XP/Person


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

"Gods.....I need a drink..." Pips says with a weak voice as he heads over to the cart to look for the bottle of brandy from town. "I suggest we move the wolf carcasses away from here if we plan on camping for the night. Wouldn't want to tempt any other predators." Pip begins to dig around in the cart.

"Now where the heck did I put that bottle....hmm....ah! Here it is!" He says triumphantly as he pulls the cork with his teeth. "Any one care for a hit? My nerves are shot!"


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Pip, Kerret, you're wounded. Anyone else?

I look around at my companions: Erastil's hand will heal you.

Who wants healing?


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant sits down as the adrenaline leaves his body. The whole thing had lasted less than a minute, but he felt like he had been drilling in the yard for over an hour. I hope Captain Ingar would be proud. He shakes his head when Vastar asks him about healing. The wolves hadn't been able to get past his shield. After a few minutes, he finally is able to get back to his feet.

"I think I'll need some of that too, Pip. I thought this was supposed to be an easy stroll in the woods." He takes a shot of the brandy and lets the drink shock his body.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

A little more healing would be most appreciated Vastar, and that bottle when you're done with it Lorant. Kerret looks down at the ground, his easy social grace absent for a moment. So, about the fire... Very few people know about it. Will you four keep my secret? It seems like everything I do brings disapproval from my father, and if this becomes common knowledge, well, I don't know what he would do.


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Kaylee makes her rounds to the other two wolves, casting an invocation to stop their bleeding. Then drawing twine out of her backpack she ties their feet together and their mouths shut. I understand Kerret. I prefer to keep my own magicks a close secret. A few of the villagers suspect it but are too grateful for it to say anything. Think nothing of it. She says with a smile. Fenris will keep me company on first watch if you gentlemen would like to get some sleep in a bit. The little fox perks his ears at the sound of his name as he hops down from the wagon.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

"I'd be gratefull for some healing. Now don't you guys hog all the brandy! That is a fine vintage there! Besides, who knows how many more times our nerves will need soothing?" Pip starts to setup his tent. "Don't worry about your secret Kerret. I've no one to tell anyways."


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant is quiet as Kerret talks about his secret. Perhaps I've misjudged him.

Finally he speaks, handing the Brandy bottle to Kerret. "Your secret is safe, Kerret. I had no idea you were struggling with such...issues." He looks from Kaylee to Kerret to Vastar. "It would seem, if fact, that you all are on the majority here. Pip, you have any magical talent we don't know about? Am I the only one who can't?"

"I'll take the midwatch. Let's finish setting up camp and then get some dinner."


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

After rinsing his mouth out with a small swig of brandy, Kerret gathers and reloads his crossbow then puts it in the cart with his spear.

Can someone show me how to set up one of these tents? I've never done it before.

As he works, Kerret chatters steadily about small things, but eventually turns to Kaylee with a questioning look. Kaylee, can you explain something to me? Why heal the wolves? They could probably burst through that twine given long enough, and when we leave here, if we untie them what's to stop them from attacking us again? They almost killed Pip and me. I don't think I'll be able to rest knowing they could get free and wreak havoc on us while we sleep.


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

I convert my remaining two spells to healing:
Pip 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Kerret 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

After praying for Kerret I slap him on the back: Well I, for one, am heartily impressed. I give him a more serious look: But don't worry, your secret is safe with me. I swear As I conclude I touch my holy symbol of Erastil.

Remembering my vocation and Erastil's message, I look at the glum faces around me and put my own fears and concerns to one side: We did well, I think. We have shown our valur, helped each other and come through okay. No-one will make light of our pilgrimage to the Tomb of Kassen when we return.

I pause and look around the group:

Of all the folk of Kassen, I am glad to be here with you.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

After rummaging around in the back of the cart with the tent materials Pip says "Uh...anyone know how to set these up? I'm used to sleeping on a bed roll under the stars."


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Kaylee is silent for a moment before answering. Father used to love wolves. He would say that they helped keep the goblins away. It just doesn't seem right to kill them. I can only pray that they accept our mercy and leave us be. I'm not sure if that will help you sleep... Her voice trails off, unsure what else to say. She reaches into her pack and removes some dried jerky and trail mix for dinner.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant helps Pip set up his tent. With the fire going, it seems like they can finally rest. He pulls out some cheese and bread from his pack and uses his dagger to cut pieces off.

"Just as long as they can't wake up and hurt us again, Kaylee. We should probably bury the poor fellow by the lake too.

101 to 150 of 1,280 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DougFungus' Crypt of the Everflame All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.