Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DougFungus' Crypt of the Everflame (Inactive)

Game Master DougFungus

The Crypt where Ekat Kassen was laid to rest has become an important part of the town's history. This year a group of hand selected individuals have been chosen to venture to the crypt and retrieve the Everflame in time for the autumn celebration.


751 to 800 of 1,280 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Initiative:
Bloody Skeleton 1 (19)
Bloody Skeleton 4 (19)
Bloody Skeleton 2 (17)
Kaylee (16)
Vastar (15)
Bloody Skeleton 3 (13)
Kerret (9)
Pip (14)
Lorant (3)

  • Bloody Skeleton 1 moves to X=10 and swings a bloody claw at Lorant.

    Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 Miss

  • Bloody Skeleton 4 moves to X-11 and swings a bloody claw at Lorant.

    Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 Miss

  • Bloody Skeleton 2 moves to X-9 and swings a bloody claw at Lorant.

    Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 Miss

  • Kaylee unleashes a Sling Bullet at BS2. It strikes the skeleton and breaks a piece off. Interestingly though, the wound immediately begins to regrow new bone as if it's healing itself.

  • Vastar holds his ground.

  • Bloody Skeleton 3 moves to Y-10. It wants in on the action but cant seem to find a way through the line.

  • Kerret casts Disrupt Undead but misses.

  • Pip friendly passes through Lorants square, tightly hugging the wall. He then attempts to pass through BS2's square at full speed using a double move.

    Acrobatics Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 Pass?!

    Pip ends his movement in Y-10.

    I realize this move is a really dangerous one. If you decide you want to change your mind I'll allow it. I'm just trying to follow instructions the best I can.

  • Lorant attempts a Shield Bash on BS1.

    Shield Bash w/Flanking: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10 Miss

Summary:
  • Kaylee deals 2 damage to BS2

Dont look at this:
You cheated!

Bloody Skeletons have Fast Healing. I need a place to keep track of HP.

BS1 = 5
BS2 = 3
BS3 = 5
BS4 = 5

Round 2 Begins Now

Map will be updated later!


MAP!

Appologies for the delay


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret fires another ray of golden energy into the crowd of skeletons.

Disrupt Undead at the skeleton at Y 11.

Ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 3 - 4 = 4
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 40/40 | AC 17/12/15 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant shouts as the skeletons approach. "Back, stay behind me!" When he sees Pip roll out, his eyes go wide, but he knows the halfling can be dangerous himself. Lorant shifts his attention to the skeleton on the right, hoping to give Pip an avenue of escape if he needs it, and strikes with his sword and shield.

Sword: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 for: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Shield: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 for: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Shield crit confirm: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 Damage: 2d3 + 2 ⇒ (1, 3) + 2 = 6


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Springing to his feet, and a little surprised at his own ability, Pip slashes at the back of BS at X10!

1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 2 = 22 for possible 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (3) = 8


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Remember your dagger is +1, Pip.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Thanks Kerret. according to HL the dagger and MW shortsword are both +6 for melee attack. But the MW ss is 1d4+1 and the dagger is 1d3+2 so I didn't think it would matter.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Right you are sir, my apologies. Nice hit, btw.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Thanks!


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

What's going on?

I peer anxiously over my friends' shoulders.


Just waiting on Kaylee


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

It's a fight, Vastar! More of those skeletons! Maybe send some of those blunted arrows at them? Kerret calls over his shoulder. Hopefully you'll have better luck firing into this mess than I have!


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Maybe we should fall back and draw them into the other room. Kaylee then slings another stone into the wounded skeleton to the right. Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4


Initiative:
Bloody Skeleton 1
Bloody Skeleton 4
Bloody Skeleton 2
Kaylee
Vastar
Bloody Skeleton 3
Kerret
Pip
Lorant

  • BS1 swings 2 Bloody Claws at Lorant

    Attack 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 Miss

    Attack 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 Miss

  • BS4 swings 2 Bloody Claws at Lorant

    Attack 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 Hit

    Attack 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 Hit

    Damage 1: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

    Damage 2: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

  • BS2 swings 2 Bloody Claws at Lorant

    Attack 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 Miss

    Attack 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 Miss

  • Kaylee's sling attack misses.

  • BS3 swings 2 Bloody Claws at Pip

    Attack 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 Miss

    Attack 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 Miss

  • Kerret's Disrupt Undead attack misses.

  • Pip's attack on BS1 is successful. Pieces of bone fly about. He just about knocks the Skeleton over but it manages to hold its ground. The pieces of bone that broke off start to re-grow.

  • Lorant swings and misses BS 4 with his sword but ends up shattering the Skeleton to pieces with his shield slam. The pieces on the ground slowly start re-assembling themselves.

Summary:
  • BS4 deals 9 damage to Lorant

  • Pip deals damage to BS1

  • Lorant drops BS4

  • BS1 looks to be healing itself?

  • BS2 looks to be healing itself?

  • BS4 looks to be healing itself?

Don't look at this!:
You cheated!

Bloody Skeletons have Fast Healing. I need a place to keep track of HP.

BS1 = 1
BS2 = 4
BS3 = 5
BS4 = Down for 1 hour

MAP!

Round 3 Begins Now


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 40/40 | AC 17/12/15 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant yells in pain as the skeleton's claws dig into his skin. He keeps his discipline, however, and shifts his attacks to the other side, leaving the skeleton in the middle for Pip.

Sword: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18 for: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Shield: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 for: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret slips past Kaylee and Vastar into the corner of the room.

Move to W11

He focuses intently, keeping his eyes on the animate skeletons around him as he tries to summon his innate magical powers without exposing himself to attack.

cast disrupt undead defensively: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 DC 16

He manages to manifest the positive energy and sends it streaking towards the skeleton next to Pip.

Attack BS 3

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

And still manages to miss.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Pip takes another vicious swing at the skeleton! 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 2 = 13 for possible 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (6) = 10


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

I don't know if I can attack, if I can I use blunt arrows, as suggested. I have precise shot, so take no penalty for firing into melee:

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5


Waiting for Kaylee. I will be closing the round tomorrow morning, post or no post.


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Kaylee rearms her sling and with another twirl, launches another bullet against her undead foe. Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2


Initiative:
Bloody Skeleton 1
Bloody Skeleton 2
Kaylee
Vastar
Bloody Skeleton 3
Kerret
Pip
Lorant

  • BS1 swings 2 Bloody Claws at Lorant.

    Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 miss

    Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 miss

  • BS2 swings 2 Bloody Claws at Lorant.

    Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 miss

    Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 Hit!

    Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

  • Kaylee launches a sling bullet at BS2 and successfully hits it in the rib cage. The wound starts healing itself immediately.

  • Vastar lets loose an arrow, but misses.

  • BS3 swings 2 Bloody Claws at Pip.

    Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 miss

    Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 Hit

    Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

  • Kerret's Disrupt Undead spell misses its target.

  • Pip's attack misses its target.

  • Lorant gives BS1 a good wack with his sword but the Skeleton seems completely unaffected by the blow. His shield swing misses.

Summary:
  • BS2 deals 5 damage to Lorant

  • Kaylee deals 2 Damage to BS2

  • BS3 deals 4 damage to Pip

Don't Look at This!:
You cheated!

Bloody Skeletons have Fast Healing. I need a place to keep track of HP.

BS1 = 2
BS2 = 3
BS3 = 5
BS4 = Down for 1 hour

MAP

Everybody please post your HP total in your post for this round. I seem to have lost track again. Thanks.

Round 4 Begins Now!


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Hit points up here ^

I try another shot.

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
1d8 ⇒ 5


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 40/40 | AC 17/12/15 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Hit Point above

Lorant grimaces at another bloody wound. Seeing his sword is ineffective, he puts all his effort into hitting with his shield.

Attack X-9
Shield: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 for: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Confirm!: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 for: 2d3 + 2 ⇒ (2, 2) + 2 = 6


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret casts defensively

concentration: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Disrupt Undead ranged touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Finding a resolve he didn't know he had, Pip swings again at the skeleton at X10.

flanking: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 = 17 for a possible 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Pip, if you're flanking, wouldn't you get to add sneak attack damage?


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

oh that's right! sorry...1d6 ⇒ 5 just add that to the "4" above.


Initiative:
Bloody Skeleton 1
Bloody Skeleton 2
Kaylee
Vastar
Bloody Skeleton 3
Kerret
Pip
Lorant

  • BS1 swings 2 Bloody Claws at Lorant.

    Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 Fumble

    Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Miss

    Dex Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Fail

    BS1 looses its balance and becomes Flat-Footed for one round.

  • BS2 swings 2 bloody claws at Lorant.

    Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 Miss

    Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 Miss

  • Vastar shoots an arrow at BS3. The shot connects perfectly and the skeleton drops. Its wounds slowly start to heal.

  • Kerret casts Disrupt Undead. The attack is successful and the skeleton drops. Unlike the others, it does not begin to heal it wounds?

  • Pip cuts into BS1. It drops and its wounds then begin to heal.

All of the skeletons now lay in bloody heaps on the floor. Three of the 4 look as though they're fixing themselves at an alarming rate. Within the hour, they'll be whole again.

MAP


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret coolly stands next to one of the piles of resembling bones and blasts it with positive energy.

Do I need to roll for this, or does it count as a coup de grace?


No need to roll. It is a coup de gras. All healing ceases.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 40/40 | AC 17/12/15 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant breathes heavily after the skeletons fall. He notes Kerret's blasts are stopping the apparent healing. He nods to him. "Good work. We don't want those things coming back."

"Ok, now I could use a rest." He winces at the claw wounds as he inspects them.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret blasts each pile of bones for good measure before stopping. You don't look so good Lorant. Kaylee, Vastar, can either of you help him out?


Chamber of the Bloody Dead: 3800 XP / 5 = 760XP/Person


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

I'll do what I can. Kaylee says as she gently inspects his wounds. The gashes were pretty deep though, and she doubted that she would be able to heal them completely. Reaching out to her otherworldly patron, she channeled warmth and healing onto Lorant's wounds. Healing hex: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 40/40 | AC 17/12/15 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant winces as Kaylee touches the wounds. "Ow, Kaylee, sto..." He trails off as warmth floods his body and some of the wounds close. "Oh, right. Sorry. Thanks." He breathes a little more deeply.

Isn't healing hex, 1d8, Kaylee?


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

While Kaylee heals Lorant, Kerret makes a thorough search of the chamber.

Take 20 Perception: 20 + 6 = 26


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

I shake my head sadly, I have spent what powers I can call forth from Erastil's blessing. Perhaps tomorrow he will answer my prayers again.


Kerret Malconnen wrote:

While Kaylee heals Lorant, Kerret makes a thorough search of the chamber.

[Dice=Take 20 Perception]20+6

Perception reveals nothing for this room.

Curious though, Anybody with Detect Magic currently active picks up the aura of a Conjuration Healing spell not coming from too far down the stairs.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Pip, breathing a little heavily, starts cleaning the gore off his blade. "Wow...not sure where that bravado came from, but man what a rush!"


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Well, in that case...
Kerret casts detect magic to check the skeletons for any lingering auras, and as he sweeps his gaze around the room he says, There's an aura of conjuration magic coming from downstairs. I think it might be healing magic.

Vastar, are you out of spells and channels? Did you pray for a new spell for your new spell slot when we leveled after the beetle? What orisons do you have prepped?


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Orisons are read magic, detect magic, light and spark, I have not filled that slot, now that you mention it, but am otherwise out of juice.


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

The internet has been acting up at my place so I've been using my phone to post. Lorant, you are correct about the 1d8. The 6 is a good roll so I'm not too worried about it this time unless the DM says otherwise. As of now, Kerret, Vastar, and Kaylee are the only party members left that Kaylee can use a healing hex upon.


I have no problem with you wanting to keep the roll


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 40/40 | AC 17/12/15 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"Healing magic? I could use some of that, but why would it be down here?"


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

I have no idea, but I'm pretty certain that's what it is. Only one way to find out for sure though.


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

You were very brave Pip. Turning to Kerret and Lorant, Kaylee asks Shall we continue?


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 40/40 | AC 17/12/15 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant nods. "Ok, but let's be careful not to get overwhelmed." When everyone is ready, Lorant leads the way down the stairs.


Level 2:

Description wrote:
At the bottom of the stairs is a circular chamber with three passageways leading from it. In the center is a small stone pedestal. The sound of dripping water can be heard coming from the eastern passageway, while the stench of rot emanates from the west. The floor bears an inscription spiraling out from the pillar and written in Common. It reads: “To the south you might take your ease, to rest and reflect on Kassen’s deeds. To the east lies the wheel, to open the gate. To the west is the resting place of Kassen, hero of the Fangwood.” Anyone investigating the eastern passage finds that it begins to slope down a bit after leaving this chamber and that water has collected in the corridor, growing deeper as the passage continues. This is the source of the dripping noise, as the ceiling appears to be leaking in many places. To the south, nothing can be heard or seen. To the west, the stench of rot grows stronger the closer you get to the mouth of the corridor, but nothing can be heard from that direction.

Based on a comment Vastar made I have turned on Fog of War. This is also advantageous because it cuts down file size for the maps. If its not working out, just let me know and I'll change it back to the way it was.

Map


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Cool mappage!

I cast detect magic again, seeking out the healing.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

South then? Ease and reflection sound like just the ticket to me.

Kerret looks around, trying not to miss anything important.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

751 to 800 of 1,280 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DougFungus' Crypt of the Everflame All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.