Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DougFungus' Crypt of the Everflame (Inactive)

Game Master DougFungus

The Crypt where Ekat Kassen was laid to rest has become an important part of the town's history. This year a group of hand selected individuals have been chosen to venture to the crypt and retrieve the Everflame in time for the autumn celebration.


701 to 750 of 1,280 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>

Pip Nimblefinger wrote:
Waiting for a reply from doug about something

Reply Sent!


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

At Pips warning I immediately take few careful steps backward, looking about to make sure I don't stumble across some other trap.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Uh, I'll just get out of the way then.

Kerret heads back to the mural.


Vastar, your perception check does not reveal any information


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant freezes, not knowing if his movements here could trigger the deadly looking device. "Ok, Pip, just tell us what to do."


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

"Ok...let me see...take this wire....make a bunny ear...then another...was it the red or the blue? Bah! The fox chases the bunny into the hole...." Pip mumbles some other things about traps and sore fingers...

disable device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

"...aaaand there...


The trap looks to be disabled, but one can never be too sure....


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Kaylee snaps out of her reverie of staring at the portrait as Kerret walks back into the room. Is everyone okay? she asks him.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

There is a pillar in there with arrows all over it and a big pit. Pip says its a trap, which seems like the obvious choice to me. They're still back there, Pip was fiddling with something when I left.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

"I should go first. If someone got hurt because of my mistake, I couldn't handle that." Pip moves into the room. R8


Nothing happens....

EDIT: I forgot to award you a pile of XP for that....

2600XP/5 = 520XP/person


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

"Ok everyone...I think I got it! Pip yells to the rest of the group.


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

"Wow, Pip, remind me never to have anything I need to hide from you... I don't know what I'd do!"


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret makes his way back to the doorway. Once there, he invokes his magic sight once more.

Cast detect magic.

Pip, you're amazing!


Kerret, I sent you a PM


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Well, I don't sense anything magical in here. What should we do now? Maybe I could pull all those arrows out with a minor spell...


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

"I say we head south."


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Kaylee follows Kerret down the hallway. The spell may take too much time, Kerret. I agree with Pip. We should keep moving.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"You mean cross into the room and head down the bridge? We'll need some rope to get up on the bridge."

"I still don't think Demeria would have gone this way."

How deep is the pit?


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret moves to S-10, keeping as close to the walls as possible.

Doug, is there a bridge to the pillar that spans the pit? Sorry, I'm having a tough time visualizing this one.


Kerret Malconnen wrote:
Doug, is there a bridge to the pillar that spans the pit? Sorry, I'm having a tough time visualizing this one.

This room was a bit of a tough one to map out. The room is a dome with a deep pit in the middle(the black part). In the center of that pit is a pillar with the rotating arrow trap that sits on top of it and a stone bridge leading up to it. There is one door that comes in from the West (the one you came in), another door to the south (Kerret is standing directly in front of it) and one final door to the East.

Map


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Ah, I had thought the whole thing was a pit.

Lorant walks with the group through the room, looking warily at the pillar which was part of some complex trap Pip had disabled. "Pip, want to check the door to the south?

Lorant moves to S-11


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret takes a step away from the door to give Pip access to it and examines the bridge and the pillar.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Kerret:
Pillar of 1000 arrows
Type: mechanical; Perception DC: 20; Disable Device DC: 20
EFFECTS
Trigger: location; Duration: 10 rounds; Reset: manual
Effect: Atk +10 ranged (×1d4) (1d8 nonlethal/×3); multiple targets (all targets in the chamber)

The bridge is safe...


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Pip walks up to the door and examines the frame, handle/knob, keyhole (if any), and the floor in front of it for any sign of traps.

1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 1 = 21


This door does not appear to have any traps...


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

I don't think I'm going to the try to pull any of those arrows out, Kerret whispers. If this thing goes off, it'll turn everyone in this room into a pincushion.

He turns towards the southern door and squares his shoulders.

Let's do this, open it up.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Pip trys the knob/handle, and if unlocked, opens the door.


The door swings open. Beyond is a dark hallway leading into a dark room.

Map


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"I'll go first. Kaylee, can you refresh the light on my shield?"

Lorant waits until his shield is glowing again and then steps down the hallway.

Move to W-10


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Reminded by Vastar's words, I refresh the light on my bow.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret refreshes the light spell on the tip of the spear lashed to his back.


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

I refreshed the spell only a moment ago, it'll last. Watching the other casters renew their spells, Kaylee casts light upon his shield again and follows him to V-10, sling prepped in hand.


Initiative:
Everybody Roll Initiative!

Bloody Skeleton 1 Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Bloody Skeleton 2 Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Bloody Skeleton 3 Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Bloody Skeleton 4 Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Description wrote:
As Lorant walks into the room, the light from Kaylee's spell creeps along revealing 4 motionless Skeletons. Fresh entrails hang from their bones and drip with blood.

Map


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Kaylee gasps at the brutal display of carnage. That's terrible! she calls out. Soon after, a disturbing thought came to mind. I don't think that these are the villagers. Where did these bodies come from? She peers into the room looking for anything that may identify where they may have come from. Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant steps into the room, drawing his sword just in case. "Look at that blood. Are these wounds fresh?"

Move to X-10. Draw Sword.

Initiative, when needed: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Uh, Vastar, we might need those blunt arrows of yours again.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Just to be clear, I'm going to declare my action after the actions before mine are resolved.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

"There is a whole pillar of blunt arrows back there." Pip draws his sword as he takes in the gruesome scene. "I think I'm going to be sick...


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

I make the sign of Old Deadeye over my chest, Erastil preserve us!


Are we ready to resolve Round 1? I'm having difficulty telling.


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

My actions this round are good, just forgot to roll initiative. Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

I think some of us were effectively delaying to see if the skeletons did anything. If they don't, they would just lose their actions this round.


OH, They're going to attack. No question about that.


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

You mentioned they were motionless. Are they standing or laying in a heap on the ground?


Standing, sorry I wasn't clear on that.


I'm getting anxious to move things along. I will post the results for the round tomorrow morning regardless of who posts or not. You have until then to decide your actions.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Pip will try to flank one of the skeletons for a sneak attack, so I am waiting for others to resolve their moves I guess. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret takes aim at the skeleton that has not yet moved.

Disrupt Undead: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 vs. touch AC (and maybe flat-footed?)

Positive Energy Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Fie! A pox on these cursed dice!


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Seeing more of the "angry bones" standing guard in the room, Kaylee preps a sling stone and gives it a twirl. She attacks the skeleton approaching from her right (Z-8) as it comes around the pillar. Sling attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

701 to 750 of 1,280 << first < prev | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DougFungus' Crypt of the Everflame All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.