Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DougFungus' Crypt of the Everflame (Inactive)

Game Master DougFungus

The Crypt where Ekat Kassen was laid to rest has become an important part of the town's history. This year a group of hand selected individuals have been chosen to venture to the crypt and retrieve the Everflame in time for the autumn celebration.


601 to 650 of 1,280 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret triumphantly returns to the safe room. I did it! I banished the shadow man!

When Kerret sees the shape his friends are in, he quickly becomes somber.

How are we going to get you guys fixed up? Will any of the potions help?


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

I sigh deeply, I just need to rest and pray, and think a little.

I shake my head thoughtfully, It's been a strange day.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

"I wish there was something I could do to help, but it doesn't look like I have anything to heal....anyone care for one more pull from the brandy I brought along?" Pip says all this while rummaging through his pack, triumphantly pulling the half bottle of brandy out. He uses his teeth to pull the cork, takes a long swig and hands it over to Vastar.

Pip has leveled up! Can we level up during the adventure or wait till the end?


There must be some confusion here Pip. You need 5000xp to reach level 3. I don't have a very precise estimate because I'm posting from my smartphone, but I believe you should be a couple thousand off from next level.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

I don't think Pip ever leveled up to 2.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

No he didn't. He's only at level 2 now. I updated my player profile with the info I have from HeroLab.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant returns to the room with Kerret. He drops his pack and slides along the wall to sit on the floor. Sighing, he says, "That was tougher than I thought it would be. I feel like sleeping for days. Is there any way we can heal what that shadow did to us?"

HP wise, I think we're fine, but that Str damage is going to take it's toll.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

I don't know, Lorant. Healing is not really my forte. Kaylee? Vastar? Do either of you have any suggestions?

8 hours of rest will heal 1 point of ability score damage. 24 hours of bed rest will heal 2 points. My understanding is that every two points of ability score damage = a -1 modifier to any related rolls. So there isn't really a difference between 3 str damage and 2 str damage. We're low on spells though, so we should rest of at least 8 hours, but Roldare might freak out if we hole up for a full 24.


Pip, I'll leave these here for reference.

I'll remind everybody that your on a time limit. The Everflame must be returned to Kassen within the week for the Festival. You may rest for as long as you choose but be prepared to deal with the disappointment if you don't return in time.


Another Link


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

I can't heal the damage that the shadow man did, but I can still heal any minor wounds any of us take. I'm willing to push on to save Dimeria if everyone else agrees. Looking to Pip she adds Except for you Pip, I can only use this gift once a day per person. So please be careful not to get hurt again.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"I suppose that's fair. We need to find her quickly." Lorant picks up his shield again with a little more effort. "Ok, is everyone ready? Where should we go next? Now that the shadow is gone, we can go look at that room again. Or there were the stairs or the corridor back there" He points back towards the entrance.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

I searched that room as best I could after the shadow man was gone. I don't think there's anything else in there. I'll press on with the rest of you, but I only have one more gout of fire left in me. After that I'll be down to crossbow bolts and harsh language.

Kerret gives a wry grin, then refreshes the light spell on his spear before lashing it to his back. As he checks to make sure the crossbow is loaded he says, I'm for the corridor. Let's see what else is on this level before we venture deeper.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Pip checks that his crossbow is loaded as well. "Ok, I'm ready when everyone else is."


Listening intently to the options listed, Roldare suddenly has a single moment of clarity as Lorant mentions the entrance and shouts: "THE KEY! The Key is in the room beside the entrance!"

Regarding Rest:
DougFungus wrote:

The crypt is located 40 miles south of Kassen. The Everflame needs to be returned to Kassen by the 11th of Neth, the same day Ekat Kassen succumbed to his wounds and died, in order to be in time for the festival. Today is the 4th in case you missed it. This means that you have 7 days to get there, acquire the flame and get back.

Remember: A character with a 30ft. movement speed can walk roughly 24 miles a day arriving in 2 days. However a character with a 20ft. movement can only walk 16 miles in a day. Arriving in 2 days with a 20ft. movement speed is possible but will require a check for a forced march that day. These are options the party may want to weigh out in order to leave enough time to explore the Crypt.

Movement and Distance

The adventure does compensate for some rest throughout. You're still on day 2.65 (leaving 5~ days remaining) and there is still a second level to the Crypt. In-Game it might make more sense to press on and find Dimeria and please Roldare, out of game the party is getting drained and could use rest.

As Game Master I cannot tell you what to do. I merely want to lay everything on the table for you. I feel my previous post(s) may have implied to move on and that was not my intention. It is the party's decision.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant looks at the man as if he's even more crazy than they all suspect. He pulls out the blackened key from the fire. "The key? You mean this one here? This wasn't near the entrance. Or do you mean a different key?"

He looks at the others. "I say it's at least worth checking out. If we can put some of this together, then maybe what happened will start to make some sense."

Lorant is fine with pushing on. The Strength penalty will be a factor, but nothing we can't overcome. We still have a few spells left before we're dry. I say let's check out this key thing at least.


Lorant Pelus wrote:
"The key? You mean this one here? This wasn't near the entrance. Or do you mean a different key?"

Roldare's face gains the look of mass confusion. He does not answer the question and instead paces about muttering "The Key, the key, the key..."


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

The key is near the entrance? That pit room was near the entrance, wasn't it? Or was there another door in the first room? I think there was... Maybe we should go back there.

Kerret would offer to identify the dagger, except that he doesn't know that you guys found it. We still have some healing left for the day. I say we press on as much as we can, although we will probably need to rest before we try level 2.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant sighs at the man goes back to his ranting. "Yeah, I say let's go check it out. Maybe there's another key or a place where this one fits."

"Say, Vastar, did you find out anything with that dagger? Is it magic?"


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

I agree with Kerret. I am fairly certain there was another door back in the entry room, we should try that way next.


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

I produce the dagger, "It resisited the fire, so must have some enchantment laid upon it."

I hand the dagger to Kerret, "It's still too easy to forget you have magic in you, Kerret. See what you can do."

I am low on spells and have used all of my channel energy but I am healthy and can still fire a bow.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

"Once everyone has rested, I say we go on. How can we trust Roldare here? He seems a few cards short of a full deck."


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret casts detect magic and examines the dagger to see if he can piece together any information about it.

Knowledge(arcana): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Well, that probably won't do much.

Kerret hands the dagger to Kaylee. Care to have a look, Kaylee? You might be better at this sort of thing than I am.

In response to Pip he says, I think we should press on and see if we can find Roldare's sister before we rest.


Its a +1 Dagger. Nothing too special.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

"I'd be more than happy to use that!" Pip has a brief vision of using it in a sneak attack on some monster or baddie.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant chuckles. "Go ahead. If you can catch someone unaware with it, all the better for us."

"So we're decided? We go back to the entrance to look for this key?" Lorant opens the door again and begins leading the group back to the entrance.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Pip gladly takes the dagger from Kaylee and swiftly hides it on his person in an easy to reach location.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

I'm ready. Lead the way.

Kerret falls in behind Lorant and Pip.


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

I splash some water over my face, shake the tiredness out of my head and join the group. After a moment I test the string on my bow and carefully select an arrow.

We have a duty to the living, let's go looking for Dimeria.


Just for fun, let's all re-roll Initiative.

Maps have been updated! I have moved everybody right up to the door for convenience.

Round C-1 Begins Now


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Kerret waits for Lorant to open the door.

Delay


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Kaylee stands behind Lorant as she preps her sling. I'm ready when you are.She tells him.

Kaylee will follow directly behind Lorant as he moves.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Lorant nods at the others as he draws his sword. He tries to open the door with his shield hand.


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


Description wrote:
The door swings open with ease. In the center of this room is a large pool of clear water, fed by a fountain on the wall above it. The fountain has a stone statue of a weeping maiden holding the slain body of Kassen, but his head has been broken off and is nowhere to be seen. A voice booms out from the darkness, saying, “Magic is the key.” The voice slowly fades, leaving a dreadful silence.

Maps have been updated

Round C-2 Begins Now


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Everyone stay back Kerret whispers as he moves to the doorway and gazes inside with arcane sight.

There might be some sort of magical trap like the pits in the other room.

Move to E9 and cast detect magic, looking West into the new room.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

There is some magic in the pool, but it's deep, I can barely see it, Kerret whispers. Pip, will you help me look for any pits or traps?

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Kerret also attempts to glean a bit more information regarding the magic aura.

Knowledge(arcana): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Sorry, was busy in my woodshop all day today.

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Check for traps 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Sorry, was busy in my woodshop all day today.

Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Check for traps 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"If magic is the key, then maybe you guys should take the lead. Lorant looks at them ready to follow them.


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Kaylee moves up beside Kerret to assist with the magic detection.
Move to F9 and cast detect magic as well.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Pip, do you see anything?


Initiative:

Kerret (22)
Vastar (17)
Lorant (13)
Pip (8)
Kaylee (4)

Description wrote:
Looking into the fountain reveals a pool of water 40 feet deep. The bottom is dark but you can just barley make out a pile consisting of hundreds of keys.

PM's have been sent out to those who have taken actions this round.

Maps have been updated
Round C-3 begins now


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

"It's safe to come in..as far as traps go I don't see any." Pip moves around to F3 and takes a look at what he can see of the keys trying to determine if any look valuable.

appraise: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

according to HeroLab:determine the most valuable item in a treasure hoard takes 1 full-round action


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant follows the others into the room, trying to look around for anything obviously magical.

Move to E-7 or E-6 if Pip moves forward.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

I can't find my map...


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret focuses on the key, hoping to garner some insight as to the nature of its magic.

Knowledge(arcana): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Kerret, what do you see? Kaylee asks as she approaches the pool, studying its features intently and observing the keys below. Do you think the water is safe?

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

It looks like a pile of keys. I think one of them is magical. I'm not sure about the water though, I've never been a strong swimmer, although... I don't mind a skinny dip now and then.
Kerret grins at Kaylee, then seems to remember where he is before stammering, Not that we should, I mean not that we shouldn't some time, but probably not here...


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant snickers at Kerret's stammering. That's the midwife, he was talking to, not some schoolgirl!

I can swim, but I can't see which key you're talking about.


Initiative:
Kerret (22)
Vastar (17)
Lorant (13)
Pip (8)
Kaylee (4)

Anybody who has Detect Magic Active:
The key does not radiate any particular kind of magic. The spell Detect Magic merely detects an aura radiating from one particular key.

  • Kerret, See spoiler.

  • Lorant moves into the room. Your perception check reveals nothing.

  • Pip, the keys look completely average. They're probably not worth the weight to carry around with you.

  • Kaylee, see spoiler.

Maps have been updated, any luck with this one Lorant?

Round C-4 begins now

601 to 650 of 1,280 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DougFungus' Crypt of the Everflame All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.