Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DougFungus' Crypt of the Everflame (Inactive)

Game Master DougFungus

The Crypt where Ekat Kassen was laid to rest has become an important part of the town's history. This year a group of hand selected individuals have been chosen to venture to the crypt and retrieve the Everflame in time for the autumn celebration.


451 to 500 of 1,280 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Well, if you do think of anything, please be sure to tell us, Kerret says with a winning smile.

Let's all take him back to the entrance. No sense in splitting up, right?


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"Right. No telling what could happen if we split up. We'll take him back to the entrance and get him out. Then we can retrace our steps back here."


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Sounds good to me gentlemen Kaylee says as she takes position behind the villager. What was your name, good sir? I don't ever recall meeting you.


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

It will be safer for him back home, surely.

I nod my assent with the group.


"NOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Roldare places both hands to the sides of his head and grips tightly as he screams.

"I'm not leaving! I can't leave without her!!!"


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Woah, woah, woh... calm down... we're not going to push you around, we just want to help. I look around a gulp slightly Just keep it down, please.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"Sir, you don't want to stay here in the crypt. We don't know what might be coming back. We can find you a place to hide outside the entrance and you can wait for her there. I promise, we'll try to find her and bring her back."


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Leaving him boarded up here is another possibility. We could regroup here after rescuing his sister and all leave together.


Kaylee Pruitt wrote:
Leaving him boarded up here is another possibility. We could regroup here after rescuing his sister and all leave together.

"Yeah! That one. I no go anywhere until I get my sister back. You have to find her!"


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret wags his finger in the man's face. If you're going to stay here, you have to promise, no more shooting crossbow bolts at us! Do you promise to let us in when we come back?


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Is it safe here? How long were you hiding?


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant sighs, conceding the argument. "Ok, so you stay here and bar the door. But you have to keep quiet. We knew you were here because we could hear you crying. Anyone else could have come and found you too. Don't open the door for anyone except us. When we come back, we'll knock on the door like this." Lorant knocks on the wall, rhythmically, first twice, then pauses, then twice again, then pauses, then a single time.

"You got that?" He repeats the cadence. "Unless you hear that, you do not open that door. We'll look for your sister and bring her back."


Roldare shakes his head yes.

"I'll be safe here. Will let nobody in but you. Bring her back"

"Also you will need a shield and keys to get through the Crypt and get wet!"

Wailing Survivor: 1400 XP/5 = 280. Everybody may add 280 XP to their total.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"Wait, what? What do you mean we need a shield and keys? Are these challenges you've set up for us already? It sounds like this has gone way past the normal tests, so please tell us what we need to do to get past them."


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5
DougFungus wrote:

"Also you will need a shield and keys to get through the Crypt and get wet!"

We will do everything in our power to bring her back, Roldare. But what keys do we need? And what shield? Do you have them, or can you tell us where to find them? What do you mean about getting wet?


Roldre again grabs his head in both hands as he tries to think. This is obviously causing a lot of stress on the poor man.

"Shield..... Wet.. Keys.....Shield....Key.........Wet...Shield....Keys"


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant sighs at the man's rambling. "Settle down, ok?" He looks at the others. "I don't know if we're going to be able to get much more out of him. I guess we know at some point we'll need a shield and keys in here. And I guess there's water?" He lifts his shield up and just shrugs.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

"Woah woah....did he say get wet? Not sure I like the sound of that!" Pip says, looking at the knees of his traveling companions and thinking how shallow water on them could mean trouble for him!


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Ok, well, let's make sure this shield and keys aren't in here before we go any further.

Kerret goes through the store room top to bottom.

Take 20 on Perception for 25

And hey, if we find some water, we'll know to look in there. Who's a good swimmer?


Kerret's Perception check reveals that the items are probably not in this room.

Roldare darts up: "My Crossbow! Its very nice. I bought it when I used to be an adventurer! You should keep it! It's very nice!"


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret grins and pats the crossbow. Well, if you insist, I suppose I will. Mine's up there on the shelf. If you need it, please feel free to use it, just, don't shoot at us again, ok? I barely survived last time!


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Damnit, if we had time to rest I might prepare spells designed to meet these challenges. We must move fast though, the girl should not be left to suffer.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"You said it, Vastar. Let's get moving again." He looks at the man again. "Sir, you barracade this door again, and remember what I told you. Don't open it for no one unless you hear our knock."


Roldare holds his hands in a ball. Wide eyed and mouth half open he nods "Yes" repeatedly.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Let's be on our way then.

Kerret follows Lorant and Vastar out of the relative safety of the room.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Trying not to get stepped on, Pip follows everyone out.


I'll start updating maps again if everyone is leaving. You can use the last map on the SkyDrive as a reference to where you want to go. Nothing has changed outside the door.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"Ready?" When he gets nods from the others, Lorant opens the door again and carefully walks out of the room. Seeing the corridor is quiet, he says, "Let's head down the last corridor." He slowly walks forward and take the left turn and walks a few paces.

Move to R-18, unless he sees something before then. Still have a Standard left.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret stows his new crossbow and casts light on his longspear once more before following Lorant into the corridor. He moves a bit past where the other man turns, and stays wary, watching and listening for new threats.

Move to Q21

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


I'm still waiting for Pip, Vastar and Kaylee to post actions before I update the map. If nothing is posted by this evening I will proceed anyway.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Pip is right behind Lorant, trying to keep an eye out for any traps and such.

perception(detect traps): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Kaylee will renew the light spell on Lorant's shield before stepping off. With a glance to her companions and a single word of Ready she follows closely behind the group with sling and sunrod in hand.


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

I keep at the back, bow in hand and a light spell refreshed upon the bow.


Spoiler:
Kaylee
Kerret
Lorant
Pip
Vastar
????

    As the party departs from the room, Roldare watches with a sad face while he grips the door. As soon as everyone starts turning the corner he gently closes it and you can hear the sound of him re-barricading it.

    for those of you who made perception checks, there are some visible things on the map. If you can see them there then you pass. Keep in mind that not all players can see it on their map.

    I re-numbered the maps starting with a "b" because of the rest break. I hope this doesn't confuse anybody.

    Round b-2 begins now

    Maps have been updated. Look for map labeled "Round b-1"


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

"Lorant..d-d-do you see that? Is that..a body?" Pip's nerves are getting to him a little bit. He is more comfortable navigating the streets and rooftops of a bustling city, not the cramped, dank corridors of a crypt!


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant advances into the room and sees a creature standing over another body. He quickly moves forward to engage the beast and protect the others.

Move R-17, S-16

I'm not really sure what the creature is, so I'm reacting to it like it's hostile. If it truly is, I'll make attack rolls.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Hearing the ruckus, Kerret moves quickly through the hallway and surveys the room.

Move to R 17, holding my standard action for the results of my perception check.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Pip stays close to the wall and in the shadows. Drawing his short sword in case of trouble.

Pip moves to R-15 and tries to blend into the shadows created by the various light sources (if possible) stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33


Initiative:
Kaylee
Kerret
Lorant
Pip
Vastar
Beetle

Description wrote:

This small chamber is mostly empty save for the body of a Villager sprawled out in the center. Looming over top of it is a man sized Beetle trying to push it to the corner where a pile of trash and filth is organized into what might be some sort of nest.

The beetle dos not react well to your presence and moves in for an attack.

    The round is not finished yet.

  • Lorant, you may make attack rolls if you choose.

  • Kerret, you may follow up your perception check with either a Knowledge Nature, Dungeoneering or Survival check.

  • Pip,

    Opposed Perception Check: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9

    You're extremely well hidden within the shadows of the room.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Seeing the beetle trying to drag the dead body across the room, Lorant yells, "Leave him! Get away, beast!" In one motion, he steps forward, draws his sword, and slashes at the beetle.

Longsword 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

That's a critical threat, Lorant

Kerret's words catch in his throat at the size of the beetle, it's foul carapace and insect otherness creating an immediate feeling of revulsion in him.

He fires a ray of cold energy at it, hoping that it will have some effect on the monstrosity.

Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Cold Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

None of those skills are really Kerret's forte, so he'll fall back to blast first, ask questions later.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

You're right. Thanks.

Crit Confirm 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Crit Damage, if needed 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Doubt it'll crit


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

I fire at the overgrown creature:
attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

What is that thing?


Initiative:
Kaylee
Kerret
Lorant
Pip
Vastar
Beetle

  • Kaylee holds her position.

  • Kerret moves to R17. His attack just barley hits the creature dealing 1 damage.

    Kerret:
    Sorry, You didn't pass the required checks to notice anything

  • Lorant mmoves to S-16 to close in for the attack. His sword connects with the creature (No Crit). It cries out but remains vigilant in protecting its lair.

  • Pip moves to R-15 and is consumed in the shadows of the dark Crypt.

  • Vastar moves to R-18 to get line of sight with the creature. He fires an arrow but misses.

    Vastar:
    I could have moved you to R-16 but I didn't think thats a position you'd want to be in. This is the only place I could put you that you could see the Beetle and still remain out of harms way. Unfortunately shooting around a corner doesn't work with the rules, but you would have missed anyways so I didn't think it was a big deal. Let me know if you have a problem with this and I'll retcon it.

  • The Beetle opens its mouth and expels a 10 ft. cone of acid hitting Lorant, Kerret and Pip.

    Acid Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9

    DC 13 Reflex Save for Half-Damage:

    Lorant: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 fail

    Kerret: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 pass

    Pip: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11 fail

    Summary:
  • Lorant deals 9 damage to the Beetle

  • Kerret deals 1 damage to the Beetle

  • The Beetle deals 9 damage to Lorant

  • The Beetle deals 4 damage to Kerret (Kerret, in your header it says you have 5 HP remaining but in your character sheet it says you have 6 HP. Which is it?)

  • The Beetle deals 9 damage to Pip (Pip Drops?)

Maps have been updated

Round b-3 Begins Now


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"AAAAHHH!" Lorant screams as he gets sprayed with acid. He tries to spin out of the way of the acid and he launches into a flurry of strikes with his sword and shield.

5ft step to T-17. TWF full attack.
Sword 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Damage 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Shield 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Doug, Kerret was at 5hp, and should now be at 1, (1/2 of 9dmg = 4.5, round down to 4)

Kerret grits his teeth as the foaming acid burns him and waits for Lorant to strike.

Delay, come off delay after Lorant's actions

Once that is done, he once more summons mystical fire and bathes the beetle with flame.

Fire Damage: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1, 4) + 3 = 10 DC 17 Reflex save for half covering squares S14-16, T15-16, U16.

He then withdraws back into the hallway, hoping that the creature cannot follow him.

Move to R21


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Are we aware that Pip has fallem?

I step forward and aim at the foe once again:
attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

Kaylee stayed at the 'T' intersection keeping an eye down the hallway they came from in case more skeletons tried to sneak up on them. Hearing Lorant's scream echo through the corridor, she turns and quickly runs to him. Standing between Kerret and Lorant she sees that they are both burned badly. Where is Pip?! she asks, casting a quick look to find him.
perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
She heals Lorant for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 before trying to figure out what monstrosity it is that they are fighting.
Knowledge(nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Survival: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

You all hear a small squeek as Pip falls to the ground, gravely wounded.


Initiative:
Kaylee
Kerret
Lorant
Pip
Vastar
Beetle

    I have a feeling that Pip would cry out in pain before he fell. Even if he didnt, it wouldnt be too hard to find him in a nearly empty room.

  • Kaylee rushes to the front line and heals Lorant.

    Perception check result:
    You notice that the Beetle is going to lay eggs soon. This could be why it is so territorial.

  • Lorant swings madly, but his weapons bounce off the Beetles thick exterior. He deals no damage.

  • Kerret shoots a volly of flame at the Beetle.

    Reflex Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Critical Fail!

    The Beetle lets out a high pitched screech. It is badly wounded and burnt.

  • Pip, I need a Stabilization roll for this round.

  • Vastar shoots yet another arrow and misses again.

  • The Beetle cowers off backward to the heap of filth in an attempt to retreat. Lorant, this provokes an attack of opportunity should you choose to take it.

    Summary:
  • Kaylee heals Lorant for 6HP.

  • Kerret deals 10 Damage to The Beetle.

Maps have been updated

Round b-4 Begins Now

451 to 500 of 1,280 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DougFungus' Crypt of the Everflame All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.