Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DougFungus' Crypt of the Everflame (Inactive)

Game Master DougFungus

The Crypt where Ekat Kassen was laid to rest has become an important part of the town's history. This year a group of hand selected individuals have been chosen to venture to the crypt and retrieve the Everflame in time for the autumn celebration.


1 to 50 of 1,280 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

It was this day so many years ago on the 4th of Neth 4535 that Ekat Kassen left to fight the mercenaries of Asar Vergas and rid them of this town forever. It’s a huge honor being selected to retrieve the Everflame for this year’s celebration. After all, it’s only every couple years that the Mayor bestows the privilege among a few hand selected individuals rather than undertake the task himself. Over the years the ritual has grown quite a bit more elaborate and when the task is granted to persons other than the Mayor and his Dignitaries, a few of the townsfolk set out a days in advance to setup traps and puzzles for the young adventurers. Although most everyone in the town plays along at the hint of danger, everybody knows that they are nothing more than tricks and illusions. Every adult knows that the “Solemn” ceremony is really just for show. Children tell wild tales to one another about what happens during the quest. Some even claim that there have been a number of deaths over the years which is untrue. There have been injuries but never a death.

It is early in the day. You have been instructed to rendezvous in the centre of town and meet your fellow adventurers. “Pack light” said Mayor Uptal when he delivered the news to you personally. ”Bring only what is absolutely needed. Weapons, Armor, Spell Books etc… We will meet at midday in town square. You should probably show up early.”


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Arriving early, I fiddle with my armour and feel a bit awkward at all of the other people standing around. I start chatting to Harn, who I know collected the everflame when he was younger, but he just grins and starts making up stories about monsters in the woods and how someone lost an arm a few years back...


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Pip casually strides into the town centre and heads towards who he assumes is another of the "chosen" to get the Everflame. With a yawn, ugh drank too much last night he thinks to himself, Pip extends his hand to the human and says "Greetings! Names Pip Nimblefinger, I take it from your pack and garb that you are one of the chosen to get the Everflame? I was chosen too."


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

I smile, relieved to see a friendly fellow traveller: Hello, Pip, it's good to see a friendly face.
I run my fingers through my hair and fiddle with the holy symbol hanging on my chest: Any idea what's meant to happen now? Do we just hang around?


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"Hey Vastar, did you get picked for this too?" Lorant comes around the corner of the candlemaker's shop. He's a dark-haired young man with a solid build to him. Today, however, he seems even bigger as he is decked out in an old chain shirt and a polished shield. A longsword hangs at his hip. Lorant tugs at the collar of the armor and flexes his shield arm. "This shirt is going to rub my skin raw in less than a day." He sighs. "But better to have it than not. You know me, always worrying about what will happen next."


Vastar wrote:
Arriving early, I fiddle with my armour and feel a bit awkward at all of the other people standing around. I start chatting to Harn, who I know collected the everflame when he was younger, but he just grins and starts making up stories about monsters in the woods and how someone lost an arm a few years back...

You notice that as soon as the chosen start to gather in the town square anybody else that is there is quick to finish their business and leave.

Harn: I bid you farewell Vastar. The ceremony will begin soon. I will leave you to make introductions. Try to come back alive, all of you.

With that Harn hurries off with the other villagers. Before long it is just the 3 of you standing there. The large clock tower in the town center indicates that it almost midday.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret strolls into the town square, whistling a jaunty tune in between bites of a crisp, red apple. He holds a longspear in his other hand with a bit of unfamiliarity. A few stray wisps of straw are caught in his hair and there is a blemish on his neck as if it had been kissed overmuch. When he sees the three already gathered in the square his eyes light up and he smiles as he makes his way over to them.

Vastar! Lorent! Mr. Nimblefinger! Oh this will be fun! I had a feeling the mayor would pick me, but I'm glad to see all of you. Can you believe my Dad insisted I carry this thing? He gestures tentatively with the spear. It's just a trek through the woods to the flame. We'll be back and dancing with the girls before we know it, right? But you know him. Runs the biggest caravan guard consortium in the country for a few years, and once he retired, he had to fill his days with something, usually telling me what to do! Anyway, is it just us?

Kerret's sorcery is not common knowledge in Kassen, but there have been a few small fires in the countryside near his father's estate the past few years.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

"Aha! Kerret! I thought I left you in good company at the inn last night! I trust she wasn't too rough on you?" Pip says with a sly smile on his face as he deftly balances a dagger on the tip of his finger.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"You were chosen to go, Kerrett?" Lorant rolls his eyes. "Well, I think it's a good thing he gave you that spear. You never know what might happen outside of the town."


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret gives a guilty grin at Pip's comment and hastily fishes a handkerchief out of his pocket and ties it around his neck, hiding the blemish.

Whoops! He chuckles at the halfling's deft display. I shouldn't advertise, wouldn't want anyone to get upset, or caught up in a rumor. He then turns to Lorant. Well of course I was! Who else but us would they trust to bring back the flame? Anyway, I suppose we might run into a wolf, or gods forfend a bear. That's why it's good you're here! We'll just stay behind that big shield of yours!
Kerret nods to himself as if the matter were settled, as it is in his mind.


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Good to see we've a proper gang. I grin broadly at my companions: I can't wait to see Kerret face off with a boar or something in the woods.
I give him a friendly pat on the shoulder: Don't worry, I'll ask Old Deadeye to close your wounds.
Then I give Lorant a mock-critical gaze: And don't worry about the shirt, it suits you.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

"Well if it's traps and snares we come across, I think I can take care of those." Pip flicks the blade in the air, does a hand stand and catches the blade with one hand before it hits the ground.

"But bears?!?! Wolves?!?! gulp..I'll leave those to you my friends. I like my hide right where it is! Besides, wolves and bears aren't known to carry much for coinpurses." he says as he does a back flip and makes his dagger disappear into his traveling cloak.

Pip then starts to check that his gear is all in place.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant sighs. "Kerret, why did you get him all worked up? Pip, if there are any wild animals, we ought to be able to scare them off. Just stay behind me."


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret gives Pip his best reassuring grin. Hear that Pip? If we run across any ferocious beasts, Lorant will nobly sacrifice himself to save us, and Vastar will heal our wounds! Besides, it's not like anything dangerous will actually happen. Kerret lowers his voice conspiratorialy. I have it on good authority that any difficulties we encounter will be purely for the entertainment of the townsfolk. Nothing to worry about, we'll be back quaffing ale before you can say "Abadar's ancient eyeball"!


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

And when the old men are sitting around the smithy, telling tall tales and being cryptic: we'll know, and they'll know we know.

I pause for a second and furrow my brow.

Something like that...


Just as Vastar finishes his sentence the bells atop the Temple of Erastil toll their midday song, echoing throughout the quiet town of Kassen. As the peals begin to fade, the first of the townsfolk make their way into the square, dressed in black, as if attending a funeral. They slowly fill the square, moving quietly across the cold, hard ground, their eyes downcast and mournful. After a few moments, a murmur passes through the crowd as it slowly parts to let Mayor Uptal through. He leads the way with a tarnished silver lantern. Behind him, an old pony drags a cart laden with backpacks and supplies. Once he reaches the center of the crowd, Mayor Uptal stops and calls out to the assembled townsfolk.

Mayor Uptal: “Once again the winter winds blow through the Fangwood, marking the end of another harvest. There are wolves in the woods, howling at our walls, and serpents in our shadows, waiting to strike. Just as it was one hundred and seventy-four years ago, when Kassen himself left these walls to protect us, so it is today. Where are the heroes? Where are the brave folk that will venture out to Kassen’s tomb and retrieve the flame to keep this community safe for another winter?”


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Pip steps forward as he glances to Kerret and Vastar. "Here sir."


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant steps up beside Pip. "I will keep our town safe." He catches Pip's eye, nods at him, and smiles.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret steps forward and spreads his arms, seemingly to encompass the rest of the group and the town as a whole. His voice is loud and clear, carrying through the square. I, Kerret Malconnen am here! My brave companions and I shall brave the dangers of the Fangwood! We are your sons, your brothers, your cousins and your friends! We shall carry the hopes and prayers of Kassen with us, and we shall return with the flame! His voice crescendos as he speaks, rising into a triumphant shout at the end.

Perform(Oratory) (Untrained): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23


Kerret Malconnen wrote:

Kerret steps forward and spreads his arms, seemingly to encompass the rest of the group and the town as a whole. His voice is loud and clear, carrying through the square. I, Kerret Malconnen am here! My brave companions and I shall brave the dangers of the Fangwood! We are your sons, your brothers, your cousins and your friends! We shall carry the hopes and prayers of Kassen with us, and we shall return with the flame! His voice crescendos as he speaks, rising into a triumphant shout at the end.

[Dice=Perform(Oratory) (Untrained)]1d20+4

Very nice. You also get a +10 bonus since the crowd already believes in your success. A cheer would rise from the crowd except the ceremony doesn't call for it.


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

I too will stand for Kassen.

I stand with my fellows and nod my head seriously.


Mayor Uptal:"Retrieving the Everflame from Kassen's toomb is a special honor that is not handed out to just anyone. You have all been selected because of your talents, your strengths and your dedication to the town of Kassen and preserving its legacy. This venture is not without its perils and the town of Kassen has placed its faith in you to come back victorious."

With that the Mayor takes a step back to the wagon of supplies. He reaches deep and recovers an old weathered lantern. The Mayor looks at the party and extends his arm to hold the lantern out while he paces a line in front of you.

"Even though there are 4 of you, only 1 will have the privilege of carrying the lantern and lighting it from the Everflame. Which one of you will have the honor of carrying the lantern on your journey?"


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret turns to the others and lowers his voice so as not to be overheard by the crowd. Well friends, shall I carry it? Lorant will need his hands for sword and shield, Vastar his for the healing arts, and I would not dream of burdening Pip's nimble fingers. Are we agreed?


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

I lean in close and whisper back I'm happy for someone else to take it: as long as there's no lovely ladies to distract you, Kerret.

I look to the others Kerret?


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

"By all means my friend, take it."


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret nods to the others and turns back to Mayor Uptal. I shall carry the lantern for our group, Mayor Uptal, but the honor belongs to all of us. With that said, Kerret steps forward to the mayor while shouldering his spear and accepts the lantern into his hand.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant nods in agreement and shifts his shield on his arm. "Better not lose it, Kerret."


Kerret Malconnen wrote:
I shall carry the lantern for our group, Mayor Uptal, but the honor belongs to all of us.

The Mayor hands the Lantern over to Karret. With a smile on his face he replies.

Mayor Uptal: "That is exactly the kind of attitude I want to see from the group charged with this task. In addition to the lantern we have some extra gifts and supplies for your journey."

The Mayor hands each of you a backpack from the cart. He leans in close and notes.

"The rest you are free to divide amongst yourselves."

Mayor Uptal turns around and addresses the crowd.

“I present to you the brave heroes who will follow in Kassen’s footsteps to retrieve the Everflame! Some of them may not return, but I say to you that their sacrifice shall not be forgotten. Go, brave heroes, and do not return until you have the eternal fire.”

With that, the mayor points to the south, the direction of Kassen’s tomb. The townsfolk begin waving goodbye with cold, solemn looks on most of their faces.

Each Masterwork Backpack contains 5 days trail rations, a small tent, a winter blanket and a full waterskin.
In addition the cart contains a trail map to the Crypt of the Everflame, 50ft. silk rope, a box containing 3 tindertwigs, a potion labeled Cure Light Wounds, 3 torches, a grappling hook and a bottle of local Brandy.
*Items are linked for quick reference


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

If nobody objectsI take up the rope and then the map, studying it closely.

So, to the broken glade.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Kerret picks up one of the backpacks and says, Oh, this is much nicer than mine. He swiftly transfers over the items from his old pack to the new, and then hefts it all on his back, carelessly discarding the old backpack in the cart without a thought. After a few, tentative steps he realizes that there is a proverbial straw about to break his camel's back, and with a shrug places his whetstone and a sack full of caltrops in the cart.

Updated equipment in alias. Whoo hoo, just barely inside medium encumbrance.

Yes Vastar, to the glade. Let's waste no time!


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Looking back, Kerret pauses for a moment and says, Mayor Uptal, does 'the rest' include the pony and the cart? He fixes the man with his best winning smile. They would certainly help speed us on our way!

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant picks up the new backpack and smiles. He begins transferring his other items into the new backpack, and like Kerret, he discards the old one too.

"I'm ready when you are!" he exclaims, the excitement of the moment finally getting to him.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

"I will take the torches and the box of tindertwigs. Vastar, you might want the grappling hook to go with the rope, unless you'd like someone of a smaller and lighter stature to handle the climbing?" Pip says with a wink. "On second thought, maybe someone who plans on walking in the front should take the torches?" Pip says sheepishly as he puts the torches and box back and picks up the potion and the brandy. "Now THIS I can keep safe!" Pip too starts to transfer his belongings into the new pack, careful to place the two flasks of acid and the sunrod into places where they won't jostle around too much.


Kerret Malconnen wrote:

Looking back, Kerret pauses for a moment and says, Mayor Uptal, does 'the rest' include the pony and the cart? He fixes the man with his best winning smile. They would certainly help speed us on our way!

[Dice=Diplomacy]1d20+4

The Mayor strokes his mustache while he ponders Kerret's request.

Mayor Uptal: Normally no... Although I can see a few of you are a bit encumbered with your supplies. With the best interests of the town in mind, I would want to ensure you are back before the festivities begin. I will allow you to take it on the promise that you return everything in the same condition you were lent it. Tha,t and it appears you have already started loading it with your supplies.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant takes the torches from Pip as he puts them back. "Anyone want else want another torch?" He slides one of them into his pack and then dumps the tent into the cart. Lastly, he walks over and picks up the potion. "If you are planning to 'hide behind my shield', then perhaps I should take this too."

Without that tent, I can carry anything else. Any objections to me taking the potion?


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Excellent! We'll have it all back before you know we were gone! He turns back to the group and begins unloading the tent and the blanket from the pack into the cart. Vastar, you're good with animals. Do you want to take the reins?

I'm going to create a 'Stuff in the Cart' doc for the Skydrive


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Just make sure we know where it is whichever one of you takes it. It wouldn't do to need to pour it down your throat and waste valuable time hunting around for it. Kerret gives Lorant a sly wink and takes a place beside the cart. Shall we go?


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"Right here, Kerret." Lorant pats a pouch setting on his belt. "No need to search anywhere else for it."

He grabs the grappling hook and looks at the others. "Let's be off."


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Pip jumps into the back of the cart and makes himself comfortable among a pile of the old packs. Settled in his "nest" he starts to play a game with coin. Holding it between his thumb and pointer finger in one hand, covering it up with the other and making it "disappear" from both hands, then appearing to pull it out of his ear. "Heh, been working on this one for awhile now." he says to no one in particular.


Lorant Pelus wrote:
"Let's be off."

With that Vastar tugs on the reins and the pony starts moving jerking the cart into motion. The town's folk watch in silence as the party leaves town and fades off into the distance.

Just 2 hours outside of Kassen the narrow path winds through the raking claws of the trees, now bereft of their leaves, which crunch loudly underfoot. Up ahead, a fallen tree trunk blocks the path. It almost looks as if the tree had exploded. Suddenly a trio of snarling humanoids leaps up from behind the log, all greenish skin and fearsome tusks, bellowing vulgar challenges.

Our first battle everyone, are you ready?

3 Orcs stand on the other side of the shattered tree ready to attack. The pony, startled begins stepping over its own hooves trying to back away from the threat.

DM Screen:

Initiative Rolls:

Pony: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Pip: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Vastar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Lorant: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Kerret: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Orc 1: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Orc 2: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Orc 3: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Combat Order:

  1. Kerret
  2. Orc 2
  3. Pip
  4. Lorant
  5. Orc 1
  6. Orc 3
  7. Vastar
  8. Pony

The map is posted to the Party folder in Skydrive. Since vision doesn't come into effect for this encounter there is no point in individually keeping track of separate maps for all of you. That will happen in future encounters. I have taken the liberty of rolling everybody's initiative to speed things up. Post your turn as soon as possible and I will resolve things as they happen in order. If you want to add contingencies (E.x. I attack Orc 1 but if it dies before I can I will attack Orc 2) go for it. I'm still new to this so we may need to work some kinks out as we go along.


Init +4; Perception +7; hp: 28/28 AC 13(17)/12/11(15); F+3, R+3, W+5

Those aren't townsfolk... Kerret whispers nervously, then visibly steels himself. He drops the spear and lantern into the cart and takes a step back and to the right as he raises his crossbow to his shoulder and sights at the orc closest to him. He whispers a quick prayer and depresses the lever, sending the bolt towards the foul humanoid.

Crunch:

Drop Longspear and lantern as free action (into the cart if that's ok, if not, into Y 16. Draw Crossbow as a move action. 5' step to Z 15. Fire at Orc at M 15
Ranged Crossbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 vs. flat-footed AC
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"What is that?!" Lorant yells. He grabs his bow and clumsily nocks an arrow. He tries to steady himself and fires at the middle creature.


male halfling lvl3 rogue HP:23/23

Startled from his pleasant snooze by the sporadic movements of Pony, Pip sits up, hears the orcs and leaps from the back of the cart Z17. Staying as low as he can not hard for a 2'8" halflingPip draws and loads his light crossbow.


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

I struggle to control the pony
untrained handle animal 1d20 ⇒ 7


Round 1:


  • Kerret hastily drops his Longspear and the Lantern into the cart and onto Pip. He then moves, draws his ranged crossbow and shoots at Orc 3. He hits Orc 3 for 2 damage.

  • Orc 2 moves up and throws a Javelin at Vastar.
    Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 (Miss)

    Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

  • Pip is rudely awakened by the cart coming to an abrupt stop and then having Kerret dropping a Longspear and Lantern on him. He jumps up and jumps out the back of the cart. Crouching down he loads his crossbow.

  • Lorant draws his Shortbow and fires at Orc 1 but misses his target.

  • Orc 1 races up and throws a Javelin at Lorant.

    Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 (Miss)

    Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

  • Orc 3, realizing he’d been shot by Kerret draws a javelin and moves to S-14 and returns fire at Kerret.

    Attack: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 1 - 2 = 10 (Miss)

    Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

  • Vastar holds the Pony's reins as best he can but as the horse struggles he cant keep a good enough grip and they slip.

  • The Pony jerks backwards and jackknife's the cart nearly running over Pip. The resulting motion forces Vastar to move backward along with the pony but he manages to keep a hand on the reins.

    Reposition Attempt CMB: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Suddenly, up the trail comes running a young woman. You all recognize her from town. Its Kaylee Pruitt. What could she be doing here though?

Kaylee's Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

New Initiative Order:

1. Kerret
2. Orc 2
3. Pip
4. Lorant
5. Kaylee
6. Orc 1
7. Orc 3
8. Vastar
9. Pony

New map added to Party folder on Skydrive

Edit:

Additional notes:

This encounter also calls for a Will Save. I was going to do it in secret but I just found out that the dice roller doesn't work in PM's so I guess I'll have to give open results to everyone. >:(

Kerret Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Lorant Will Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Pip Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Vastar Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

If you've succedded on the DC I will PM you the results.

Round 2 begins now.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

"Kaylee, what are you do-? Nevermind! Get back!" Lorant whips his head around as Kerret yells his warning. He peers at the orcs again. "Are you sure?" He lifts his bow again and fires another arrow, this time at the right-most orc which Kerret had hurt. Then, he drops the bow and steps forward in front of the pony, drawing his sword at the same time.


Initiative +1, Perception +6 (+8 w/Fenris) Current AC 15, Current HP 29/29 (29/29 non-lethal)

"I'm not letting you boys have all the fun!" Kaylee smiles at Lorant. "Besides, they may not even be real." Her eyes begin to glow faintly as she whispers to herself, gazing intently at the orcs, trying to see through them. Just in case... she thinks to herself as she pulls out her sling and grabs a bullet, ducking close to the cart for cover.


Male Dwarf lvl 5 cleric of Angradd

Moving out of the way of the frightened pony, Pip tries to line up a shot at the right most orc. "Thank the gods you are here my dear! We could use a bit of your mystic powers at the moment." He yells over his shoulder.


Human Mobile Fighter 4 (hp 13/40 | AC 17/13/14 F+6, R+3, W+2 (+2 vs. Fear, +2 vs. Illusions) | Init +3 | Percep +4, SM +1)

Lorant squints at the orcs from over his shield as he steps in front of the others. "I...I think Kerret is right. There's something...wrong about the way their shadows fall." Still, the young man keeps his sword and shield up, ready to defend against an attack.


Cleric of Erastil (current hp 25, total hp 25; F+4 R+4 W+7; AC19, t12, ff17, Initiative +3, Perception +9)

Come on, you daft animal. Stay still!

untrained handle animal 1d20 ⇒ 16

1 to 50 of 1,280 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DougFungus' Crypt of the Everflame All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.