Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Donato's Planet Hopping Adventures!

Game Master donato

A campaign set to travel the solar system as we know it.


201 to 250 of 922 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

"Reminds me of a bit of song I heard once," says Marshall quietly. He speaks the following, rather than croaking out the lyrics in his terrible singing voice.

"There lies a lady she's gone and she's gone
she'll be a fine lady before too long
But I hit her head and she finished her walking
She shouldn't be dead, she was too busy talking
busy talking, busy talking..."


The ground began to rumble and shake.

"Inoming construct," clamored Keth.

Before them, a large sinkhole began to form. Dust clouded the area where the sinkhole was. After a few seconds, the dust had cleared, revealing a fantastic, metal beast. Twice as tall as a man, this automaton was in the shape of gigantic crab. However, unlike the Aballonians of before, this creature did not have a consistent metal or coloring. It appeared to have been pieced over time from scraps and leftover material.

It lumbered out of its sinkhole and quickly took notice of the strangers before it. With its immense claws raised, it let out a horrific screech and a small pod dropped from its back. The pod quickly opened up and revealed a smaller construct, not unlike Keth. The small construct quickly scanned the group and flew away, darting towards the center of the Fields of Judgement.

The crab lurched forward.


M Vanara Gunslinger 1

[b]"Well this ain't good."[b] Booker says as he draws his pistol. He keeps it low but ready.


For the purpose of combat, I'm rolling everyone's initiative now, rather than waiting for everyone to post. Also, you all have your weapons out, as Keth warned you ahead of time.

You are all 15ft away from the crab. I'm just assuming you were all walking in a line, side by side. If you prefer a map, let me know. Also, feel free to ask Keth any questions you like. If he has answers, he is assumed to go last in the initiative, but otherwise is not part of combat.

Initiative Rolls:

Booker
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Celia
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Entaro
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Boodka
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Quentin
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Valai
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Initiative:

  • Entaro
  • Celia
  • Boodka
  • Quentin
  • Valai
  • Crab
  • Booker

Entaro, you are first!


Male Orc Barbarian 1
Valai wrote:

On a sudden inspiration, Valai casts Detect Magic and starts scannning the group's environment. 'I might as well see what I can learn as long as I'm here...'

While looking around, the Elf's eyes fall on Boodka's homely face, and she raises an eyebrow -- then addresses him: "Are you of the Belkzen Holds?"

Quite used to being tolerated but not engaged by the more civilized races, it takes Boodka a minute to realize that he is being addressed. "What"? "Huh"!..."Me". "Well I". "Umm". "Yes I was born there, and spent my youth their...but I guess looking back I never really fit in there". "My ideas were I guess a little...well...unusual to their liking". "I do not consider that home however". "Umm...so...How is your day going". Boodka offers a toothy, and hopefully non-threatening smile.

Then the friendly moment is interrupted by a clamor from ahead. Raising his Earthbreaker high, Boodka's instincts take over, and he charges the monstrosity.

AC14(16/18), HP189(14), Rage 1/12

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 Raging, Charging EB Attack

2d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 3) + 9 = 13 Raging Damage


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

"It was better a moment ago," Valai calmly replies to Boodka's question. "Keth, if you know any of this abomination's weaknesses, now might be a fine time to share them with the group."

The Elfmaid raises her hands to her waist, holds her palms out towars the crab and snaps a single Word of Power: "Caecitas!" A beam of purplish energy, shot through with other colours, flies at the giant metal crab. Valai next starts walking backward, putting herself at roughly 30 ft. from the giant construct.

Valai uses one of her eight daily uses of Blinding Ray. If successful and the crab has an equal or lower number of HD as Valai, it is blinded for one round. If it has more HD, it is dazzled for one round. No save. Ranged touch attack roll to hit: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15.


Nagaji Lore Warden 1

My whip will not be of use against a machine... Entaro pulls out his morningstar and moves to engage the construct. He takes the time to move in a wide arc around the crab machine, hoping to flank the construct and give himself and his companions a tactical advantage. Once within range, he makes a quick strike.

Move action to move as close to behind the creature as I can without provoking an AoO. Standard action to attack with morningstar.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

Celia appears antsy as she moves towards the machine without holding her weapon in a combat position. A distortion appears around her gloved hand as she called upon the divine drunkard for his domain over chaos, and tries to touch her foe.

Using Touch of Chaos, one time out of seven per day. It's a melee touch attack.
1d20 ⇒ 11


Marshall circles the opposite direction as the snake man and lashes out with his short sword.

attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21 Add 2 if I get a flank.
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Entaro rushed around to one side of the crab and struck true against one of its legs. It was smashed almost to the point of nonfuction. As Celia moved in and placed her hand on a different leg. When she made contact, the crab seemed to twitch and smoke, as if it was malfuncitoning. As he was caught off gaurd by the attack, Boodka hadn't the opportunity to put his full force into his attack. His earth breaker bounced off the crab's chassis leaving only a large dent.

Meanwhile Quentin moved opposite Entaro and struck against the other leg. His sword cut, but nowhere near as deep as Entaro's attack. Valai sat back as she watched her ray strike the crab. It's sensors whirred as they were receiving errors, but continued to mostly function.

The crab, having been assaulted from both sides, attempted to grab at Entaro and Quentin. However, Celia's attack was enough to devestate its systems and make the crabs attack easily avoidable.

Crab
Damage Taken - 11
Current Status: Flanked by Entaro and Quentin

Your move, Booker!


M Vanara Gunslinger 1

Booker takes a shot at the crab.

Attack vs. Touch AC:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Damage vs. Robocrab: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


M Vanara Gunslinger 1

"Keth, if it does have a weakness can you show us in our helmets?"

Preferably with a big red glowing area, the starfoxier the better. :P. On an ENTIRELY unrelated note, how do you feel about the Calold Shot rules?


"Scans do not show any apparent weaknesses. I'm sorry I can't be of more help."

The Gunslinger's Called Shot ability is cool. I won't be using the additional Called Shot rules from UC, though.

Spoiler:

Hey, Einstein, I'm on your side!


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

"Alright, I'm going to do that again!" Celia called out, gathering more of Cayden Caylean's blessed anarchic might.

Second Touch of Chaos, here we go!
Melee touch=1d20 ⇒ 13


Nagaji Lore Warden 1

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 = 11 (+2 flanking)
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Entaro presses his attack, but this time has a little trouble planting his feet as he evades the crab's attacks.


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

"Saggita, omne errore vacua," Valai hisses, and flicks her hands at the crab. A dart of force flies from her hand and impacts the giant construct.

One Magic Missile for 1d4 ⇒ 1 damage! ... Wow, that was depressing.


Cast defensively: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Marshall wreathes his left hand in crackling lightning and touches it to the golem even as he swings his sword in a vicious overhand chop.

Shocking Grasp vs Touch AC (+3 if metallic): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 221d6 ⇒ 2

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Male Orc Barbarian 1

AC16(16/18), HP189(14), Rage 2/12

Frustrated at his inability to dent the things armor...Wow I'd love some armor like that...Boodka steps in and swings again.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 Raging, Flanked Earthbreaker attack

2d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 5) + 9 = 15 Raging damage.

"This suit is in my way". "I'm going to take it off".


M Vanara Gunslinger 1

Booker will reload his gun this turn, with great style and panache.


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

"Do not remove that suit!" Valai shouts at Boodka. "You are useless to us, coughing up your lungs in tatters!"


Entaro jumped back to dodge the crab's lunge. As he landed, his foot slipped on the loose dirt, causing him to stumble and miss his attack. Celia continued to infuse the Drunken Hero's chaotic nature into the beast. The circuitry malfunctions continued. Boodka swung once more with his earth breaker. This only led to a larger dent in the same area.

Quentin burst with electric energy as he placed his hand on the crab's leg, frying a few wires. Valai's missle shot straight forward, hitting Boodka's dent head on, finally piercing the chasis.

The crab reached for Celia with one claw, which was promptly dodged. As she avoided that one, the second claw came around and closed its grip on her like a vice.

Celia take 2 damage from the claw and 5 damage from constrict.


Crab
Damage Taken - 14
Current Status: Flanked by Entaro and Quentin, Grappled status (-4 Dex, -2 Attack Rolls)


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

Celia bit down on her lip as she got grabbed, but being squished managed to get a full-blown cry of pain.

If it's still standing on Celia's turn, she will try to escape the grapple.
CMB=1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

"Caecitas!" Valai shouts, and she directs another beam of dark, many-hued light at the construct to dazzle it.

Out of offensive spells already...! Another Blinding Ray, ranged touch attack for 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14.


"Gahhhh! Why won't you die?" Marshall channels his arcane power into his short sword and swings again at the crab bot.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

[ooc]Arcane pool used to add +1 enhancement to sword for 1 minute. Also, I can't roll damage dice for sh*t. It is embarrassing.[/dice]


Male Orc Barbarian 1

Wow something weird must have happened. I made a post yesterday hitting with a 23, and doing 13 points of damage. Don't know what happened to that post...so I'll try again.

AC16(16/18), HP-16(14), Rage 3/12

"I need to get someone to alter this thing". "It's a bit restrictive".

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23 Flanking, Raging, Earthbreaker attack

2d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 2) + 9 = 12 Raging, EB damage

OK now how weird is that to roll the exact same thing again??? Something fishy here.


Nagaji Lore Warden 1

The board saves your rolls, so if the post got lost somehow, the rolls would still be the same, theoretically. That's why you can preview and see what you are going to roll without changing the result.

Is Entaro up? Will he even have a chance to attack, or will Boodka knock the creature out before his turn?


Male Orc Barbarian 1

That kind of makes sense...but how does the board know this isn't a new roll. After all it's over 24 hours later???And I might have changed my tactics...Oh well. I guess it really doesn't matter


The board saves rolls to prevent cheating. If you don't like your roll, there's no logging off and trying again. And yes, Entaro still goes before Boodka. We have to follow initiative!


Do you mind when we post actions out of initiative order?


Not really. Unless it obviously messes with another player's actions, it will be fine. If you need to try to organize or synchronize things, there's IC talking using free actions. Otherwise, you can hammer out details OOC in the discussion thread and properly RP it in the gameplay thread.


Nagaji Lore Warden 1

Okay, will post real quick then. I didn't realize I was a round behind!

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 = 22 (+2 flank)
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Entaro once again attacks the crab machine, finding an opening as it fends off attacks from Quentin.


Entaro had regained his footing. He swung viciously at the crab's leg once more. This time, it gave. The crab toppled to one side, but held on to Celia, who could not break free. Valai accosted its sensors once more while Quentin destroyed some of the exposed wiring on his side.

Boodka, obviously upset with his lackluster performance thus far, let out a growl. He brought his earth shaker back and swung it high over his head. It struck true in the crabs inner mechanisms, newly exposed by Valai's magic missle.

SMASH

The crab collapsed, a broken heap of metal, wiring, and gears. It's grasp on Celia lessened and she slipped free from its clutches.

Crab
Current Status: Dead


"Ha, ha!" Keth cheered out like a young boy who had just won a game. "That was marvelous!"


Marshall moves to help Celia off the ground. "That wasn't so bad. Even for you, little lady. If that's the worst these metal monsters have to throw at us we might just make it off this rock. Where to next?"


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

Celia gave a nod of thanks as Quentin aided her.
"I assume... the direction we have been going?J-just a moment, though."
The gnome concentrated and cast a spell on her own midsection.
Celia casts Cure Light Wounds on herself. 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

"Well done, all. Now, I suggest we move with haste," Valai says in a sharp, clipped tone of voice. "That little piece of the thing flew off, and may be bringing other hybrids down on our heads."

Putting word to action, Valai starts to run in the direction the group had been travelling.


M Vanara Gunslinger 1

Booker looks down at his gun before looking off into the distance, frowning, holstering it, and sniffing rather obviously. "Yeah, I guess we oughtta go."

He starts trudging off after Valai.

Huzzah for doing nothing!


They ran. Following in Valai's footsteps, they quickly continued in the direction of the other construct. After a few minutes, they arrived at an immense crater, about a mile wide. At the center of the crater, was a tremendous opening, a perfectly circular pit that appeared to go deep into the planet.


Marshall approaches the edge of the circular opening. He looks for any method of getting down like a stair or ladder or worst case scenario, something he could tie his rope to. He'll also, of course, keep an eye out for anything of interest or out of the ordinary.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

Valai looks around as well, checking the area for tracks. She mutters a brief spell to aid in her investigation.

Valai casts Detect Magic.
Perception check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Survival check to look for tracks: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21)


The pit seemed to go down hundreds of feet, but the bottom was visible. The inner walls of the pit were all lined with a brilliant, slightly luminous metal. Along the wall, there were no breaches or openings to be seen, save for one at the very bottom of the pit.

No magic or tracks to be found.


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

How are we doing for stairs, or at least footholds and handholds?


The walls are incredibly smooth. However, there are bends and dents in the metal here and there that could suffice as handholds.


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

Celia appeared a tad nervous.
"I'm none too good at climbing."


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

"Keth," Valai says, "what might your maximum carrying capacity be?" She gives the construct a speculative look.


M Vanara Gunslinger 1

Booker takes a look down the hole.

Soooo....how's it look for someone with a natural climb speed?

"And Keth, you got a light on ya?"


Nagaji Lore Warden 1

Entaro looks down the pit. "It might be difficult, but I think I could make it. Too bad there's nowhere to tie a rope." He says this as he indicates the silk rope on his person.


"Miss Valai, I probably could carry no more than a small child before I would become immobile." He shakes back and forth, almost mimicking someone shaking their head. "I don't I can help much with that." He turns to Booker. "However, your query..." A pair of lights on either side of Keth come on, as strong as any torch.


Marshall casts light on his glove, causing it to glow with a warm light.

"Even if there was somewhere to tie on, I'm not sure all of us together have enough rope for this pit. Looks to be a couple hun'erd feet, at least. He could at least all tie up together. Then maybe if one of us falls, the rest can keep 'im up. Or we'll all die together and save us the trouble of mournin'."


Male Orc Barbarian 1

"Maybe I'm missing something...but why are we going down there"?

201 to 250 of 922 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Donato's Planet Hoppers! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.