Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Donato's Planet Hopping Adventures!

Game Master donato

A campaign set to travel the solar system as we know it.


601 to 650 of 922 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

The Mechanic shook his head, as if chuckling.

"No, I wouldn't say I'm anymore important than any other roles our people have taken. I might be important here as the only mechanic, though. So, you are travelers? How did you end up here. Surely if you can arrive on this planet you had the forseight for a means of leaving."


M Vanara Gunslinger 1

Booker whispers to Celia "When'd she get all polite with strangers?

And to the Mechanic's questions:

"We kinda got shanghaied (Minata'd? Shackled?)and got ourselves teleported here without too much say in the matter. Same guy seems to've stuck our little floating friend here into his floaty ball. Kind of a bastard if y'ask me."


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

"That sentiment does not even need to be asked for," Valai mutters, "seeing as its qualifications are out for everyone to see."

This might actually be what Valai considers to be a joke. ;)


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

"I'm not even sort of sure," Celia whispered back, blinking her eyes owlishly at Valai's joke.


"Oh, I see. That is quite unfortunate..."

His words trailed off. The mechanic strode over to Keth and took a moment to examine him.

"Hmm... curious... ah, interesting."

Keth floated around with a rigid levitation, implying a sort of awkwardness. After a few moments, the mechanic concluded his observations.

"Before I get distracted, let's get to the matter at hand. From what I've been told, you're here for the ship. I would ask if you're to leave, you take me with you. Can we be in agreement with this?"


M Vanara Gunslinger 1

Booker looks him up and down and asks, trying not to sound hostile,"You got some pressin need to come along?"

sense motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


"Well, considering you are to be traveling the stars, I figured I would come along as well. It's a chance I'm not about to pass up. I hope you understand."

His motives seem clear enough.


M Vanara Gunslinger 1

"Well the more the merrier, I guess. The bastard didn't say nothin' about pickin' up stragglers, did he?"

Booker tips his hat to the mechanic. "Booker Graves."

He turns to Celia, takes off his hat, and gives her a nod before putting the hat back on. "Cuz I owed ya a doffing."


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

Celia laughed and mimicked doing the same to Booker with an imaginary hat before turning to the Kethan and blinking again.

"How soon do we leave?"


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

"Valai," Valai introduces herself to the Mechanic. And, after a brief hesitation, she adds: "Named 'Darkrune' upon my departure from Kyonin, among other things. I bid you a hearty welcome, sir Mechanic. I hope we shall be speaking many times on many subjects."


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

"Ach! And I'm Celia! Sorry, I was distracted by Booker's hat!"


"It's quite an honor to meet you all. We will be ready to go in a few hours. In the meanwhile, you're free to come along while I work. If you'd rather go around the community I understand. It's really up to you. I'll fetch for you once I'm ready."


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

"I shall accompany you, if it will not bother you," Valai says. "I am intrigued by your ways."


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

"I'd love to do some sightseeing. I'll only get to be here once, right?"
The gnome chuckles and makes to wander off.


M Vanara Gunslinger 1

"You got anywhere we can take these damn helmets off? Can we do that on this boat o' yours?"


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

"Be warned, Booker, you take that helmet off and I'm going to be compelled to touch your head."

Celia laughs some more at some unseen joke.


The Mechanic led them out of his small workshop. They began to travel deeper underground, the network of tunnels a criss-cross that could make one's head spin. After what seemed like another random turn, they found themselves before a gigantic room. Standing from tail to nose was a large vessel. It appeared similar to a large boat, save for the fact that the hull formed a complete shell.

"Here she is. Isn't she gorgeous?"


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

"If she will get us home, I will personally kiss her hull," Valai says with a perfectly straight face.


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

I thought Celia went around the community, but if it is less work to have her go with everyone else, I understand.


Sorry about that Celia. I must have misread that.

The Mechanic took his group to small platform beside the vessel. Once they were all on, it began to levitate towards the bow, nonchalantly pointing to the heavens.

"This ship," explained the Mechanic, "will be our transport to your planet. I believe I can gather the information I need form your friend here to point us in the right direction. Now, this ship has not flown in a very long time, but I believe it should still be reliable."

Celia, on the otherhand, took a stroll through the market area. She saw what she would see in any other market: vendors, hagglers, what appeared to be children playing. As she moved around, a voice seemed to call out to her.

"Hey, Stranger, interested in a souvenir?"

A Kethan called out to her from behind a stand. Placed out were various devices and baubles the like of which Celia had never imagined.


M Vanara Gunslinger 1

Booker takes a glance over the ship, as if he has any sort of clue what he's looking at.

"This thing ain't gonna leak?"


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

"What does it use to move?" Valai asks.


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

Celia, her eyes still wide and aglow with interest, made her way over to the vendor like a shot. She scanned the baubles rapidly, her head moving with the effort to see every object she could before she stared at the merchant in question.

"Of course, but what do use for money here?"


"Well, I won't bog you down with any details you may not understand. Basically, it draws upon the life force that floats around in the universe. Anytime that a life moves on, it leaves behind a fragment of itself to forever float around in the universe. Our people have managed to tap into these energies and use it to power these vessels. It works wonderfully, for the most part.

"Every once in a while, it will draw some energy left behind from a more powerful or wanting soul. In these situations, the ship sometime moves towards the direction the soul would desire rather than what we navigate. And, no, there's no risk for a leak."

 

The merchant looked Celia over. "We are a people of trade. While we do have a currency, I would not expect you to have such things. Instead, have you something you would exchange with me? Maybe a trinket, a song, or a tale?"


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

Valai seems to mull this over for a while, and then says one word: "Necromancy?"


"Not entirely, but I would understand it as a conclusion. The fragments left behind do not contain any part of the souls themselves. They are just excess energies left behind that the soul no longer requires here in the mortal realms. Even still, the way the ship uses them does not actually consume them. Think of it like a water wheel with the energies being the river. They turn the wheel and move the ship, but are left behind once their used, returned to the river."


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

"Stories I have. In abundance. My people don't believe in living boring lives. Those could literally kill us... Let's see...,"

Celia moved gloved hands as she parsed through days of her life before settling on an account of how her half-elf adopted brother saved her life from an invisible grindylow shaman by throwing flour in every which direction, outlining the foe before it could make its final move. The aforementioned detail was astounding, because her brother was, well, touched in the head and considered dull by most.

However, that in itself wasn't as impressive as how the young man defeated the devil. He threw a shoe. Literally. His shoe. If there were no parallels, Celia compared the object to the Kethan's actual feet.

Somehow, he managed to hit it in a vital area and brought it to its kne-well, tentacles. Ever since then, the members of her former crew took to calling facing impossible odds "doing the footgear toss".


A chortle rang through Celia's ears. It seemed comedy was not a foreign concept for the Kethans.

"Very well, I believe we have trade."

The merchant took one of the baubles and handed it to Celia. She recieved what looked a small thick sheet of metal with various engravings.

"If you are ever lonely or need to keep any trouble at bay, you may fold this in half twice and some friends will show themselves to help you."

With that, the merchant began to attend a Kethan who had arrived at the booth.


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

"Oh, wow! Thank you!"

The gnome took her prize and placed it into a safe place on her person.

I wonder if Boodka would think this was cool. Oh, wait... where did those guys go, anyway? Entaro, Boodka, and even Quentin?

Celia cocked her head sideways and regarded her current position in the Kethan settlement. She wished now that she'd asked for directions to the ship. Oh, well.


The platform they were on began to move again. There were no gestures or requests from the Mechanic. It seemed the platform moved to the will of the Kethan, the two linked by some unseen force. It brought them before the side of the ship. The Mechanic placed a hand on the hull, revealing a door that opened with the same quiet dedication as the platform. After stepping in, the Mechanic turned to them.

"Well, do you want to come in?"


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

"The sooner we can leave," Valai says. "No offence intended, sir Mechanic. I am simply eager to get home."


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

Celia goes on a search for her missing companions. Where could a half-orc, snake-man, and irritable human bounty hunter have gotten to without attracting a great deal of attention, anyway?


M Vanara Gunslinger 1

"Don't mind if I do come in."

Booker takes a step into the ship and takes a look around.


The platform narrowed to move through the doorway, carrying the three into the ship. Inside they found a marvel of engineering, well beyond their understanding. The walls of the ship were lined with mechanisms, contraptions, and all sorts of lights. Towards the front end, they could see clearly out of the ship, where they had been no opening seen from the outside. A set of seats were bolted to the floor of the ship placed before the viewing area. Further back, there was a hallway that led to what appeared to be quarters.

"Well, here she is," proclaimed the Mechanic. "Absolute beauty, is she not?"


Celia stumbled around the underground village. As she made her way, she found a group children playing games with levitating scraps of metal. Curiously, the game was not unlike the ones children would play in the streets of Absalom or any other city. Children had similar imaginations, even accross species and planets, it seemed. After some unlucky plays by one of the children, one of the scraps found itself flying at an extreme rate into one of the nearby homes. In a flash, the remaining scraps fell to the ground, left behind the fleeing children, an angered adult following in their wake.

Celia continued around, eventually finding herself before a rather majestic building. It stood tall and had some semblence of architecture, unlike the mostly bland slabs of buildings that encompassed her walk so far. A quick scan of the building made it out to be some kind of forum. With a peek inside, she noticed her remaining group members engaged in discussion with a set of Kethans.


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

Unable to contain her own curiosity, the cleric makes her way inside as unobtrusively as possible and leans against a wall to listen, though not without making a quick wave to the rest of the group.


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

"Your people worship Brigh, don't they?" Valai says. "I am duly impressed, sir Mechanic."


"I know not of the god you mention. Our people have different gods, which may or may not be the same ones as ours. It's a very peculiar situation. Which gods are the true gods?"

The Mechanic moved the platform up towards the opening, just before a set of strange instruments. A few presses and manuevers later, the ship begins to hum.

"There we are. She needs a bit to wake up. Let's go find your friends. Seems they're at the hall discussing who knows what."

The platform returned to the ground and the Mechanic led them forward.


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

"Brigh is known as the Whisper in the Bronze," Valai says, shrugging. "She is a little obscure, but she is the goddess of invention and mechanisms. She would probably be a good match for your people."

The Elf sighs as the group moves onward. "Please, at least tell me they are not picking a fight?"


Soon, they all found themselves within the forum. It was reminiscent of a meeting hall on Golarion. Various rows of seatings circled a a central pulpit, intended for whomever the main speaker was. However, the pulpit found itself unused today. Strewn about in varying degrees of uncomfortableness were the three remaining members of the group. They tossed greetings as their companions entered. Quentin looked up at them with a smile. Boodka gave a grunt that fogged the glass of his helm as Entaro gave only a silent nod.

"So, these are your comrades, then?" asked a Kethan.


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

"That depends," Valai says. "Did they pick any fights or try to steal something?"


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

"Well, for me, yes. They are kinda my comrades on account of our being kidnapped together an' all."

In response to Valai, Celia shrugs from her position against the wall to indicate that she has no idea.


"No, they actually all found themselves lost. However, it seems after some stumbling about on their own, they found their ways here. We've all been having pleasant discussion so far. I've come to understand some stranger person has brought you together. Whether it's fate or chance, I can't say, but it seems very interesting."

The Kethans shifted around for a moment.

"It also seems Quentin is interested in staying here while you make your way off. He admitted that he was a bit ashamed to explain this to you and asked us to reveal it on his behalf. He's not much for speaking it seems.

"However, we'll let you deal handle the matter between yourselves. You've seen your transport and it seems it's ready to leave. Did you have any questions of us before making your way?"


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

"Did ya know there are still people on the surface? Machines, like..? They have factories..."


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

"You want to stay?" Valai asks of Quentin. "You have communicated your needs for air and nourishment to our gracious hosts, have you not?"


"Those are beings we had created for utility when we arrived here. After a few generations, they were able to recreate themselves and became self sustaining. We have decided to let them go and be of their own will now. That must have been over ten cycles ago."

Quentin gave Valai a brief nod.

"Yeah, it's already been worked out. I'll be in this suit for a while, but the folks here will work on me a bit to make me one of their own. A few spare and some elbow grease, and I'll be more like them than I am my old self. They seem like a good bunch and I'm more interested in how things work here than dealing with things back home, honestly."


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

Valai frowns briefly, then shrugs.

"As you wish, then. I shall wish you the luck of Cayden Cailean with your new life."

Valai turns back to the assembly of Kethans.

"I have no further questions. Thank you for your graciousness and kindness, we... Wait. One question. We encountered a machine which attacked us on the surface, inside the circle protected by the 'dead area', and spat out a smaller machine which flew in the direction of the entrance to your complex. What was that about?"

Can't believe I almost forgot about that...


"Ah, well, of the machines we created, some refused to work with us. Whether that is considered revolt or something else is a debate saved for another time. However, we were worried for the machines that had not had this change of heart. The revolters, as I will refer to them, were a threat to our people and the other machines. As our final act before going into hiding, we create the ring that disables all their mechanisms. This keeps the revolters within the ring and the rest on the outside. As for the probe, that was probably used to warn the others of your intrusion."


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

"How jolly," Valai says in a tone that is anything but amused. "Should we worry that more of these renegades will try to interfere with our departure? Or that they will intensify their efforts to do you harm because of our presence?"


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

Celia seems to be on top of the world for Valai's invocation of her god's name, and therefore quite happy the elf is taking charge as she simply beams.

601 to 650 of 922 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Donato's Planet Hoppers! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.