Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Donato's Planet Hopping Adventures!

Game Master donato

A campaign set to travel the solar system as we know it.


501 to 550 of 922 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

"Was it a trap or is it a way through here?"

Marshall uses his magically illuminated sword to pierce the darkness of the hole.

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

I don't think I've ever had such shameful perception rolls.


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

Let's descend!
"Well, losing time doesn't make us any more... well, something. Let's get down there, hm?"

Perception, assuming the trapdoor is open: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 Haha! Quentin, you're not alone. Good thing this wasn't a will save.


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6.

Valai joins the others in checking out the darkness.

Valai really is my least perceptive character ever. :-\ I guess I could use [i]Prestidigitation to sends some faint lights down the tunnel, but that's about it.


The hatch opened down into a tunnel made of worked stone, about ten feet deep underground. Curiously, it seemed the door only opened from the one side. With the various lights sent into the tunnel, the group determined that the tunnel extended about fifty feet into a lit room. Most interesting though, was the faint sound of voices that came from the end of the tunnel.


M Vanara Gunslinger 1

Booker motions silence, then sneaks forward to take a listen.

stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

Celia places her hands over her mouth to prevent herself from saying anything, listening intently with pricked ears.
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


You can hear the speaking more clearly, but it's not in any language you recognize.


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

Valai beckons the others to step back from the tunnel, then whispers to them: "This looks like a prison for someone or something potentially unpleasant, and I am short on spells. I recommend we close it up and rest up, then go down in the morning. Or at least after eight hours of uninterrupted relaxation and some nourishment."


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

Celia nods in agreement, but looks to see how far Booker has gone and if he got the proverbial memo.


"Better prepared than not, I guess. We'll need to set a watch. I don't trust any of these rooms one bit any more."


How are you guys handling it? Watch rotation? Where are you staying? Any defenses being set up? (walls, barriers, etc.) Feel free to use Boodka and Entaro as part of your rotations. Keth may also be able to offer services.


M Vanara Gunslinger 1

Frustrated at his inability to tell what's going on, Booker sneaks back to the group.

stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

"Well that was a bust."


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

"Time for a meal and rest," Valai tells Booker. "Sleep, in your case. Close the hatch and let us find a chamber with only one entrance or exit that we can find. We can block it up easier that way. Now..."

The Elf spreads her arms and grimaces in annoyance. "I would offer to join a watch rotation, but I need eight hours of uninterrupted meditation, or I will not be able to cast at my full strength in the morning."


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

"I'm afraid it's rather the same with me... well, except I don't have to meditate so much as sleep."


M Vanara Gunslinger 1

"Well I can take a watch. Not too big a deal. But how're you proposin' we take our supper with these helmets in the way, cupcake?"


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

"Is it wrong that the only answer I can think of it to eat the suit itself?


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

"Try to pull your arm out of the sleeve and get your hand into your belt pouch," Valai suggests, shrugging.

Do we have enough wriggle room for that sort of thing?


"This is insane. This whole place is insane."

Marshall struggles with his suit to attempt to eat.

"Hang on a sec. Keth, can we breathe in here? Does this place like, make air or sumthin'?"


"Due to a lack of atmosphere, air is minimial and insufficient to support your life. As for nutritional sustinence, you may recall that the active nanites in your suits will provide any nutrition necessary for survival."

There is enough wiggle room to pull out arms.


M Vanara Gunslinger 1

Can we access the pockets from inside and outside?


Sure can!


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

Willing to take first watch.


M Vanara Gunslinger 1

Booker roots through his pocket muttering about a misplaced bottle of Oldlaw, then eventually pulls a tophat out, scrunching it up between the top of his head and the top of the glass bubble. Then he pulls his poncho out from the outside and puts it on on top of the suit, and follows this up by pulling out his hammock and trying to find a place to string it up. "Still got the rest of the important stuff I guess. Bet these nannies ain't no substitute for a good peach though. Off to sleep then I guess. Celia, you wake me up when you wanna switch out, y'hear? Or if you need some company."


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

:D I'll rp respond to that after asking this; Has our group found a room that matches Valai's precautions? Are we going to sleep in those bed things (even though Celia's still rather suspicious of them), or what? I know we'd have to backtrack, regardless.


I think the room we're in could work, actually. Marshall will sleep on top of the trap door so its blocked and he wakes up if something tries to open it.

I'll be in St. Paul, MN for the rest of the week so my posting may be sporadic. Don't hold up the game on my account


Skipping to morning. Nothing memorable will be happening.

Good morning to you. Reserves for the day are filled. The only detail of note is that the nanites in your suit appear to have increased activity by twenty-three percent during your rest.


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

@Booker the night before
"Peaches, hm? Now, see, you're making me hungry, Mr. Booker. You know what I want more though? Probably do, but I could use some ale! Some beer! Some mead! Glorious whiskey, gin, rum, and whatever it was the captain was shipping that one time made from potatoes,-"

The gnome pauses, studying the vanara's hat and poncho with a smile that causes her ears to slick back.
"A nice touch, I think. Brings out your fur."
Celia means this, but she makes a mental note to find out exactly what the differences are between hat-hair and hat-vanara in the morning.

"Ah... your offer for company is tempting, you know, but I have a feeling that if I kept talking with' ya, everyone else wouldn't be able to sleep. I'll get you when it's your turn, okie-dokey?"

The cleric is positively beaming, though. At the very least, she is making one friend. Quentin seemed kindof standoffish, and Valai... well, was being Valai, Celia supposed, and the goat somehow managed to pull off the same attitude, but Booker made her feel at home.

-----------------------
@ Keth, cerca morning

Celia opens her eyes reluctantly, bracing herself for a hangover that doesn't come as she rises off her crooked bedroll.

"...Wha? Where? Nanmites?"
Her eyes widen in recognition and comprehension as she remembers where she is and what is talking to her.

"Keth, I don't-," she yawns,"I don't know what that means."


"What's 'increased activity' mean? I'm not gonna grow a second pair a arms or sumtin' am I?"


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

"Would that really be such a bad thing? Think of all the the things you could do with those!"


"Well, they'd be pretty cramped in this two armed suit..."


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

Celia closes her eyes thoughtfully.
"But if it's the suit that does it, don't you think it'll be nice enough to make more sleeves?"


M Vanara Gunslinger 1

Booker pulls his tail into his suit and rights his hat with it while he packs up his hammock.

"Frankly, I don't know how you folks live with just two hands. Anyway, lemme go poke my head down that tunnel and see if that chattering's still goin on.

stealth & perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 291d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Female Elf Wizard 2 (Illusionist); Init +1; Low-light vision; Perception +5; AC 11 (+1 Dex); hp 15; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3

"If the nanites are working faster, does that mean they will wear out faster as well?" Valai asks as she opens her eyes.

Rather than lie down to sleep, the Elf had been sitting in a meditative pose all night, William the Goat lying behind her snoring as only a goat can while bracing his lady master.


"No, Miss Valai, they are working more efficiently but without additional wear. Something in the area seems to have induced this."

You can still hear voices, Booker.


M Vanara Gunslinger 1

Booker will try to get close enough to see what's chattering about.


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

"All rightey, then." the gnome whispers, aware that the trap door has been opened yet again.

"I need to pray for a while. I'll avoid drinking while I do it today," she says reluctantly, making it perfectly clear that this wasn't going to be a longstanding pattern and nobody should get used to it. "-but if the accidental god is going to give us a hand, I need to check in, ya know?"

With that, Celia makes her way to the far corner of the room, where she sits casually and places her hands together. Over the next hour, she is prone to random outbreaks of quiet laughter.

Prepared Spells for the day:

0-Guidance, Stabilize, Light
1-Bless, Comprehend Languages Domain-Protection from Law

Assuming there's even time to do this. Please don't aggro them yet, Booker!


I think we can assume you did that before this whole shebang started.

Booker moved closer to the voices. Once again, he could not understand at all what was being said. More curiously however, there was a slight ringing in his ears as he made his approach that subsided with his retreat.


M Vanara Gunslinger 1

Tryin' not to. :I Booker really ain't used to the ins and outs of them spell-castin' types though.

Don't see anything?


Were you wanting to look into the next room?


M Vanara Gunslinger 1

Into the room where the talking was coming from, yeah


Booker took a peek inside. The sight was quite astonishing. There appeared to be a multitude of creatures that had been previously identified as Kethans.


M Vanara Gunslinger 1

Sneak back to the group!

"Hey fellas, ladies, I think you're gonna wanna see this. There's a bunch of them face stealers in there."


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

Celia looks at Booker with surprise.
"Face stealers? Real ones? This, I'm thinkin', ya, I've gotta see."

She pauses.
"Are they the ones who were babbling the other day? They still at it?"


M Vanara Gunslinger 1

"Yeah, they're still at it. Real as any of this seems to be. Figure we should head in together."


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

"Oh, in that case, let me just ask Cayden for a little help. Best we know what's happening, yeah?"

Celia turns her face down and prays, tapping on her holy symbol.
"Please, Mr. God, give me a chance to understand whatever the hell those things are saying."

Comprehend Languages cast.

"We still gonna sneak, guys?"


M Vanara Gunslinger 1

"I can. Not so sure y'all'll be able to though. Could at least try listenin' in first to see if they're discussing plans to kill all of us or whatever."

"That Cayden guy really does seem pretty handy. You ever like, meet him?"


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

"Kinda." Celia responds without elaboration, the word having a bit of finality to it.

With that, she tries to sneak back in the direction less traveled(by the party rather than Booker).

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Teehee. Key word 'tries'. XD


Celia snuck closer to the Kethans and listened in. The conversation she heard was no more different than that of a standard family's. They spoke of their day, of times past, and had just a general dialogue that could have easily been pulled from anywhere in the world. For a moment, Celia swore one of them caught a glimpse of her, but the thought was quickly dismissed.


M Vanara Gunslinger 1

Booker rolls his eyes at Celia's lack of grace and then casually saunters after her down the passage with no attempt at stealth.


STATUSSSSS:
Init +1, Perception +9,Hp:16/16 AC: 17/13/16 CMD: 11// F+2, R+2, W+6
Pint-Sized Cleric 2

Celia is nearly floored with relief that her party didn't decide to simply shoot first and ask questions later. She gives a wide smile, in fact, whispering to Booker.

"It's just small talk. No plotting, no stabbing, ya know? Sounds like a family. Maybe I could try and communicate with 'em?"

501 to 550 of 922 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Donato's Planet Hoppers! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.