Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Dm Mathpro's Crypt of the Everflame Game

Game Master mathpro18


1,101 to 1,150 of 1,193 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>

Female Human Paladin 2 HPs 17/21

With the skeletons cut down, Tarvinda asks if there is anything Xeros can suggest to lay the bones to rest, so the the spirits can pass to the afterlife. Once they have completed whatever ceremony is required, Tarvinda asks, "Where these undead the guardians of something of value? We should look around and check this area."

Tarvinda takes a 20 for 23 on perception.


Tarvinda:

You find a 20-foot-deep pit in the center of this room with a narrow stone bridge that crosses it in the middle.

A large wheel is set into the floor of the dry area of this room, attached to chains that rise up into the ceiling. A thick layer of slick, black mold covers the carvings on the walls of this chamber.


Male Tiefling Ranger(Trapper)-1/Cleric-1

Xeros nods in response to the paladin and as they gather the bones of the fallen. He begins to recite a parting ballad softly and sprinkles a little of his cheap wine to ease the rest of the spirits.

"It is done, there spirits will rest easy. So what do we have here?" He examines the chains to see if there apart of any trap or device.

Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


The chains seem to connect to a large Portcullis.


Female Human Paladin 2 HPs 17/21

Assuming the portcullis is closed.

Tarvinda takes up the chains, "Let us open the portcullis, be ready for I don't trust what we may find. Is there a mechanism to raise it, or am I left to use my strength?"


Female Succubus touched Ninja 2

I think the portcullis is in another room.


Female Human Paladin 2 HPs 17/21

I'll await clarification from DM Mathpro, as to what's where?


Sorry Etna was right you can not see what the chains connect to. You can try turning the wheel if you would like. Doing so reuqires a DC 10 strength check.


Female Human Paladin 2 HPs 17/21

Tarvinda looks puzzled, "This wheel, what does it do? There's nothing I can see here. What should we do? I think its best to leave well alone, it might be part of some elaborate trap?" she asks her companions.


Female Succubus touched Ninja 2

"It could control a gate in another room?"


Male Tiefling Ranger(Trapper)-1/Cleric-1

"The chain connects with the portcullis, it doesn't seem to be a trap. So you should be safe to open if you want just let me know so I can keep my eyes out for anything unusual."


Female Succubus touched Ninja 2

portcullis is in another room


Female Human Paladin 2 HPs 17/21

Tarvinda seeing no reason to use the wheel, turns. "If we need to come back to use the wheel we can. I see no advantage in letting loose anything trapped behind a gate, without first understanding it's likely nature." Tarvinda says resolutely, fearful of letting further evil undead loose in the crypt. She takes out a cloth and cleans her breastplate and weapons, removing any bone still stuck there. She moves towards the door returning the way they came.


Female Succubus touched Ninja 2

"That does sound like a wise idea."


You guys leave the room and backtrack through the flooded hallway all the way to where you first entered the second floor. Deciding to retrace your steps a little further you head back to the room with the reflecting pool(room 19) and you notice that a large iron portcullis stands in your way to heading further south.


Male Tiefling Ranger(Trapper)-1/Cleric-1

Can we see through the portcullis or does it block all vision? Strange question but I know some that are just bars, just checking before I use my ability.

If Xeros can't see through it he uses door sight on it to look through either way use the perception check.

The tiefling moves close to the portcullis and puts his hand on it. He looks through the metal and sees what lies beyound the gate.

Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Female Human Paladin 2 HPs 17/21

"Well, that didn't take long, finding the gate! What can you see Xeros?" asks Tarvinda shrugging her shoulders.


Xeros:

This chamber has a number of recesses carved into the walls
and a fissure in the ceiling. This is the same room that you saw had the hundreds of bats in it...for some reason the portcullis is now closed and blocking your way and the bats are nowhere to be seen.


Male Tiefling Ranger(Trapper)-1/Cleric-1

"It's that room with the bats, though they are gone as of right now.
Strange on who would close this gate on us. Anyway the room is clear."


Female Succubus touched Ninja 2

"I think that crank we saw earlier in the other room, controls this portcullis."


Female Human Paladin 2 HPs 17/21

"Well, if you're right Etna, best go back and try it out." says Tarvinda pleased to be able to help. "You know, it might be good to do something to secure the portcullis once its open, either at the winch or here. Do we have anything that might do it?"

Tarvinda walks back around to the winch, using it to pull up the portcullis. She offers her grappling hook as a tool in stopping the winch from being used to close the portcullis. Despite her obvious strength, her wet hands slip as she tries to winch the gate open. She gets a blanket from her backpack and dries her hands, getting a better grip on the winch she tries again.

Strength Check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 she accepts help from any who want to help.
Strength Check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 she accepts help from any who want to help.


As you head back towards the winch you notice that the fungus is starting to grow back in the other room. Its not discharging electricity yet and you're able to get through it safely but it is starting to grow back and you might not want to risk to many more trips through the room.

You fail to budge the winch at first but your second attempt gets it to turn one revolution.


24/24 HP; AC 18/11/17; Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +2; Init+1; Perception +7

I would've assisted, but I've been having issues posting at all.

Atokos shakes his head as he takes a wand from his pack, touching the tip to his wounds. I have nothing of the sort, unfortunately, he says.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Sweet, perfect.


Female Human Paladin 2 HPs 17/21

When she passes through the fungus, she calls to her friends "That purple stuff is growing again, come and remove it whilst I turn the winch."

Hearing it click the first ratchet, Tarvinda tries to turn it 4 more clicks.

Strength Check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 she accepts help from any who want to help.
Strength Check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 she accepts help from any who want to help.
Strength Check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 she accepts help from any who want to help.
Strength Check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20 she accepts help from any who want to help.
Strength Check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 she accepts help from any who want to help.
If the last check is needed and it passes, she will use a 10 on subsequent attempts.


Male Tiefling Ranger(Trapper)-1/Cleric-1

The tiefling notches a blunt arrow in his longbow preparing for any dangers that might come out from the otherside of the portculis.


Tarvinda with a little work you're able to get the Portculis open.


Female Human Paladin 2 HPs 17/21

Tarvinda quickly exits the room, having made sure that the ratchet will not allow the gate to fall. He returns to the others, "So what can you see?"

Taldor

Included a quick recap of the chamber you are about to enter.
A shallow reflecting pool divides this long chamber, running from one end to the other. The water looks cloudy and stagnant. What must have once been marvelous murals covering both walls are now scorched and ruined, the original subject lost in the destruction. At the far end the portcullis has risen and provides an exit from this chamber, when the sounds of the chains stop you watch, in a few moments you hear the sound of armor hurrying to wards you, Tarvinda is on her way back.

Matching order through the chamber 19, please

Map

Perception DC=26:

The pool is a magical trap.

When you enter the room, please make a will save


Female Succubus touched Ninja 2

Nice Map


Male Tiefling Ranger(Trapper)-1/Cleric-1


Will Save:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Since Xeros was at the opening he will wait for the others to return and move in first. "May we have the luck of the Drunken Merc." He whispers.


Female Succubus touched Ninja 2

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16


Female Human Paladin 2 HPs 17/21

Tarvinda waits for Arphad to enter the room before she enters. She breaths heavily after her dash from the room with the wheel.

Will save 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Taldor

I've emailed and messaged Arphad but had no replies, so would someone like to do his will save for this room.


Female Succubus touched Ninja 2

Rolling Arphad's save

Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Taldor

As Arphad walks into the room he sees the pool and watches as arcane fields of magic seem to emanate from within its waters. Yet no magical effect has seemingly affected his party colleagues. His curiosity gets the better of him, "Strange trap this pool, it doesn't seem to affect anyone. " he can't seem to resist but gaze into the clear sparkling waters. As he does he sees his own reflection, much like Etna and Xeros saw as they passed by, but unlike them his visage changes. His face becomes pale, as though the blood had been drained away, his eyes sink into their sockets as the skin around them, blacks and purples in bruises, before his white teeth yellow and brown, before some fall out, leaving an old gappy mouth. Then his skin starts to peel away, rotten and gangrenous, putrid flesh as his black hair falls out in patches. Arphad the zombie, stares back at Arpad the man.

A scream rings out from Arpad's lips as he runs out of the room, seeking safety else where within the dungeon's wall, anywhere just away from the face that stares back at him. He runs into Tarvinda as he exits, almost pushing her over in his rush to leave.

Fear effect lasts 1d4 ⇒ 2 rounds.
Push back/over Tarvinda CMB 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

A scream is not the only thing that Etna and Xeros hear, the sounds of movement, flapping seems to come from the chamber they are about to enter.

Initiative please
You have a round to react to Arpad's sudden departure.
Would one of you like to tell me where Arphad will run, his speed is 20ft, so he travels a minimum of 80ft, but in his haste he might go 120ft away from chamber 19.


Male Tiefling Ranger(Trapper)-1/Cleric-1

Hearing the scream of his friend he draws back an arrow and looks to see what going on.

Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Init:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Female Succubus touched Ninja 2

"What the heck, what did he see?"

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Female Human Paladin 2 HPs 17/21

Tarvinda moves forward and looks in the pool, hoping to see what Arphad saw that scared him, even as she asks "Whats that noise?" to Xeros and Etna.

init 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Taldor

Xeros, Tarvinda and Etna look into the pool, and see their own faces reflected back, other than that nothing is seen in the clear water. Behind them the sound of flapping gets louder as a mass of black flying creatures swoop through the doorway. Their leathery wings flap vigorously as they take seemingly random directions, letting out angry squeaks as they see the three friends in the chamber.

Init Order
Tarvinda, A2, Etna, A1, Xeros, Arpad

Map start of round 1

Seeing the black cloud at the other end of the room, Tarvinda shouts "So that's what was making the noise." She readies her weapons, waiting to see if the creatures attack.

The noise increases as even more creatures come through the door, filling it in a dense black fog, that envelopes Xeros. The creatures dive and nip, as blood appears from nicks in his arms and neck from a barrage of attacks. Damage 1d6 ⇒ 2 Fort Save please Xeros.

Fort save DC=11 read if you fail:

You are nauseated for 1 round.

Tarvinda rushes at the mass of black swinging her flail ineffectually at the hundreds of flying creatures. These creatures envelope Tarvinda as the others did Xeros. Damage 1d6 ⇒ 3 Tarvinda's Fort Save 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Map prior to Xeros and Etna's turn in round 1. Note that Xeros is at O,7 and Tarvinda at O,9, both are covered by the cloud of flying creatures.

DM:

Bats 1 init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Bats 2 init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Female Succubus touched Ninja 2

"Bats"

Taldor

and doing anything else Etna ... LOL ... bats and lots of them.


Female Succubus touched Ninja 2

I can't do a thing against swarms

Taldor

I'll wait for Xeros to post his action before continuing.


Male Tiefling Ranger(Trapper)-1/Cleric-1

Fort:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Xeros crouches down and drops his bow and arrow. Takes off his cloak and dumps oil on it. "Get ready to move out."


Female Human Paladin 2 HPs 17/21

Tarvinda hearing Xeros' words and seeing her efforts to stop the swarm attacking is totally ineffective, she reluctantly moves out of the cloud of biting bats towards the entrance. She stops and seeing Etna says, "Quick, out the door, I'll shut it after you."

Moves to J,8 and waits


Female Succubus touched Ninja 2

Etna moves passed Tarvinda.

Taldor

Sorry, didn't have time do this right after Tarvinda's post.
See Init order above.
1-Etna, 2-Tarvinda 1d2 ⇒ 1 for Bat Swarm 2 attack

Deep in the underground complex, Arphad run further away from the frightening image that shook him to the core. He stops before the door to the chamber of frogs, shakes his head as his mind pushes the fear from his mind. He stands there shaking, getting a grip on himself.

Tarvinda's blood continues to flow from her body, leaving a trail along the flagstones on the floor. She takes 1 point bleed damage

Before Etna is able to respond to Tarvinda's words, the bats swirl around, in a mass of darkness they cloak over Etna, biting her body as her arms flail in the air, trying to beat them back.

Etna takes 1d6 ⇒ 5 points of damage and must make a fort save.

Fort save DC=11 read if you fail::

You are nauseated for 1 round, if nauseated can only make a move action.
Etna-If you have speed 30ft, which is my current assumption you exit the chamber, if you have speed of 20ft, you stand in front of Tarvinda still in the chamber.

The bats flying around Xeros, continue their biting and scratching drawing more blood and flesh from the man. The blood seems to be flowing even quicker from his wounds than he realised. He takes 1 point bleed damage and another 1d6 ⇒ 4 from the bat swarm and another fort save.

Etna and Xeros save and Xeros' turn


Female Succubus touched Ninja 2

Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Taldor

Map showing positions before Xeros's turn. Xeros still at O,7


Male Tiefling Ranger(Trapper)-1/Cleric-1

As he fights off the bats biting him, he quickly snatches a tinder twig and lights his cloak on fire and starts to swing it above his head. "FIND THE WAY OUT AND MOVE!!!!"

1,101 to 1,150 of 1,193 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dm Mathpro's Crypt of the Everflame Game All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.